Colours Makeup and Skincare Reviews

67 | Scottsdale, AZ

67 Reviews for Colours Makeup and Skincare

MariaLinda · Married on 10/29/2010

I highly recommend Christy to any bride looking for quality makeup that lasts and looks beautiful throughout the day. Christy is reasonably priced compared to other makeup artists I researched. And believe me, I did a lot of research. She offered a makeup trial to discuss and finalize a look that was right for me. She really listened to what I wanted, but also guided me in the right direction to select a look that would highlight my specific facial features. I wanted something very natural, but still dramatic enough for my wedding. She hit the nail on the head. I brought her photos of my dress and explained the overall garden theme of my wedding and she conceptualized a look that would work best for my special day. She also offers waxing and other services at a discounted price for her brides, which was a plus. On the day of my wedding, she conveniently came to my hotel room and did all my makeup there. It was affordable enough for me to decide to have her come to me. It was completely worth it because it really saved me a lot of time and stress. When Christy arrived at my hotel to do my makeup, my hair stylist had already done my hair. I had grown out my hair over the past year so it was very long. I wore my hair down with a few strands gathered up in the back with little crystals inserted here and there and soft romantic curls cascading down my back. As soon as Christy saw my hair and how whimsical and romantic it looked she made my makeup match my hair perfectly. My eye makeup was smokey and gorgeous. And for a small extra fee she put a full set of eye lashes on me. They really made my eyes pop. She can make them look as natural or as bold as you want. I also decided to have her use the airbrush makeup on my face. The airbrushing erases any flaws and lasts the entire day. I knew it was worth it when I saw the look on my future husband's face as I walked down the aisle. I have never felt so beautiful. I would hire Christy again to do my makeup for any special events I might have in the future.

Sent on 01/16/2011

Sara · Married on 10/21/2010

Christy was AMAZING!! She made me look my absolute best on the most important day of my life! I will continue to use Christy for her services as an esthetician, as well as if I ever need makeup done again! She is very reasonably priced as well as very personable. She is very helpful and gives useful advice to keep you looking your best. She was calm on the day of, which is VERY important. I am so glad I found her so that I have someone I can trust for all of my esthetic needs in the future! Thank you Christy!!

Sent on 10/31/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/02/2010

Christy did the makeup for my wedding for my mother & I. She was wonderful to work with, right on time, and we loved the finished product! It was natural and gorgeous and just the right colors. It turned out better than I could have ever imagined and she is such a sweetheart!! She even had enough time that she was able to do somethings for my bridesmaids as well, and stayed longer than planned to do their makeup for them as well. She went above and beyond and I would greatly recommend her!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Belinda · Married on 09/01/2010

Christy is so sweet and did an amazing job with my makeup. I also had the faux eyelashes done which I highly recommend. (they don't last that long, but sooo worth it) She airbrushed my makeup and I am SO GLAD I did that because of the heat. Makeup lasted all day and looked natural. Christy also did my eyebrows and my facial. (one of the best facials I have had) Christy's prices are reasonable and she does a top notch job. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Jen · Married on 08/07/2010

Wow, Christy made me look so amazing! The run through went great and put my mind at ease about my makeup for the wedding, one less thing to worry about!

She is so worth it, she listened to what I wanted and created the exact look I wanted. I'm recommending her to all my friends!

Sent on 09/24/2010

Taylor · Married on 06/05/2010

Christy did such an amazing job with my make-up on my wedding day! As a former professional dancer for local athletic teams, I have had my fair share of experience with make-up artists. But none have ever done as good of a job as she did! I am super picky about how my make-up is done and Christy really did a great job of listening to exactly what I was looking for. She also did my mom's make-up as well as my mother in laws and they both absolutely loved it! She is such a sweet heart and made the getting ready part of my wedding day experience that much better!

Sent on 07/26/2010

Rebecca · Married on 04/17/2010

It is hard to overstate the amazing job that Christy did on my wedding day makeup. "Gorgeous," "stunning" and "WOW" were some of the compliments that I received from wedding guests. She was worth every penny...and more! Not only did she come to my house and do an amazing job on my makeup before the wedding (I loved the airbrush makeup!), she also gave me a facial, light peel and eyebrow wax beforehand. My skin had never looked better and I positively glowed on my wedding day! Christy is very talented at what she does and, on top of that, she is extremely patient, down to earth and easy to talk to. During my wedding makeup trial, she spent two hours getting my makeup just right and making sure that I was completely comfortable with everything. I was very conscious of not wanting to look too "made-up" (I wanted a more natural look) and Christy achieved a perfect balance. I was so impressed with the results. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/30/2010

Mary · Married on 04/11/2010

Christy did a fabulous job for my wedding! My sister, mom ,and i were very happy with our makeup. She took the time before the wedding to listen and was very professional. I would definitely use her again for other skincare needs :)

Sent on 04/24/2010

Jennifer · Married on 03/20/2010

Christy did a fantastic job for my wedding. Everyone looked beautiful! I received a lot of compliments on how natural and stunning my makeup looked; which is what I was trying to achieve! She was also very flexible & worked with all if my needs. I will definitely recommend her to others.

Sent on 03/25/2010

Shannon · Married on 03/20/2010

I loved working with Christy! We met a few months before the wedding for a trial run where I was very impressed with her attention to detail and skill. I booked her immediately and was thrilled at the results of her efforts on my wedding day. Not only was she there at 7 AM for my 10:30 AM wedding, she was amazing at taking care of me and my two bridesmaids and making us all look gorgeous! Once you meet with Christy you will not even want to consider working with anyone else.

Sent on 03/28/2010

Jeanette · Married on 03/13/2010

Christy did my makeup for my wedding this past March. She did an absolutely AMAZING job! I gave her an idea with some pictures and she was able to do exactly what I wanted. She really accentuated my eyes and I love the airbrush makeup. It stays all day. Not only is Christie very sweet and personable but she is professional. I'm so thrilled I used her and I would definitely recommend her! Jeanette

Sent on 04/08/2010

Jeanette · Married on 03/13/2010

I was unbelievably pleased with my makeup for my wedding! It was flawless, classic, and glamorous! Christy was professional, personable, and had an impeccable eye for what colors looked best on me and for my photography pictures. My makeup lasted all night and I loved the way it looked in my pictures. Christy is so sweet and easy to be around that I can't say enough kind words about her. I know that I went with the absolute best on my wedding day!

Sent on 12/19/2011

Brittany · Married on 03/06/2010

Christy just did my makeup for my wedding on March 6th and she did such a fantastic job! I got so many compliments and I looked natural and beautiful! (which is exactly what I wanted!) I would recommend her to anyone who needs there makeup done for a special event!

Sent on 03/11/2010

Paula · Married on 02/06/2010

Christy is a wonderful makeup professional. My friend, Joanna, had her wedding in Arizona in February and Christy did the makeup for 5 of us. She used the air brush makeup which I never used before but it was awesome lasted all day!! Oh, and let me tell you how amazing she made all of our eyes look!! Whooo! I wish I had Christy everyday to do my makeup!! :)

Sent on 02/14/2010

Joanna · Married on 02/06/2010

Christy is absolutely amazing! She did a make up for me and my bridal party on February 6, 2010 in Phoenix. I found her by asking my photographer for a recommendation because I thought "Who knows better what looks good in the pictures then a photographer?" Well, I can honestly say that hiring Christy was the best decision. Not only is she very talented but also very responsible. She was always on time and very professional. Her make up looked great both in real life and in the pictures. She made me look and feel very beautiful. I have received so many compliments throughout the day and I can't even count. She used air brush make up that lasted all day and for this one day she made me feel like a movie star! My bridal party also loved Christy’s make up. Christy was able to customize her make up to bring up the best features in everyone! I really believe that if you hire Christy you will feel beautiful on your wedding day. I live in Los Angeles and I wish I lived in Phoenix so that I could hire Christy for all special occasions! Joanna

Sent on 03/08/2010

Stephanie · Married on 01/23/2010

Christy did my permanent makeup (eyebrows) in 09 and they look great! I love them! She is a total perfectionist and must have everything perfect down to the very last detail. I told my mom about her and set her up with an appt to have her eyeliner done! My mom then booked her for makeup her upcoming wedding. Christy did makeup for 3 of us in the wedding, including the bride and I have to admit we all look spectacular! She even airbrushed my daughters back & shoulders for her to cover up a few preteen imperfections which made a huge difference in her self confidence for the evening! Needless to say, Christy is AMAZING! I cant wait to get one of her first class facials next!

Sent on 01/29/2010

tammy · Married on 01/23/2010

Christy is wonderful! she did my make-up for a wedding that i was in. and it was the first time that i had air-brushed make-up done. the make-up look beautiful! hid some flaws and highlighted other areas! she asked how i wanted my eye-make-up, i left it up to her and i had fabulous smokey eyes (but not too smokey) the make-up looked great in pictures (didn't get that "too light face" look) and having her there at the site of the wedding took some pressure off of having to do my own make-up.. even my lips kept the color just had to apply the gloss!

Sent on 02/02/2010

Joanne · Married on 12/05/2009

I have relied on Christy at Colours Makeup and Skincare for years and have been more than impressed with her professionalism, attention to detail, and friendly, customized service. Her complete line of Rhonda Allison skin care products are the highest quality and, unlike other products, provide amazing results that do not diminish over time. Christy's customized facials are a must - she uses all natural products and fashions each session to your skin's particular needs. I love the fact that she doesn't rush the session and incorporates little "extras" which make it such a wonderful experience that you can't wait for the next one! I have also had Christy apply airbrush make-up for special occasions and the results were amazing! With her knowledge of colors and textures, she makes any woman look like a supermodel!

Sent on 12/18/2009

Daniel · Married on 11/04/2009

Great service, went above and beyond. Christy took control of the situation on what was probably the most hectic day ever. The pictures turned out fantastic with the makeup looking flawless and lasting through the entire evening!

Sent on 10/14/2010

megan · Married on 10/22/2009

Christy is an amazing makeup artist. On my wedding day my skin was flawless with the help of airbrush makeup and the colors she used for my eyes were just right. I would highly recommend for any event where your make up must be PERFECT! Thanks Christy for everything.

Megan

Sent on 10/29/2009

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2009

Christy did my makeup for my wedding in early October and I have nothing but good things to say about her. Aside from being excellent at her job and very professional, she is so easy and fun to talk to, which I really appreciated. She REALLY listened to what I wanted and as someone who is always nervous about getting my makeup done, I was incredibly happy the the results. She also made my mom and my MOH look absolutely gorgeous. I would definitely recommend Christy and would work with her again in a heartbeat. Thanks for everything, Christy!

~ Lindsay

Sent on 11/03/2009

Jenny · Married on 10/09/2009

I have been going to Christy for my waxing services for some time, so I knew that she was a perfectionist when it came to her work. I had no doubt I'd be getting the same service for my wedding day. My makeup was perfect and so flawless. It was very natural-looking, but really accentuated my features. My husband kept commenting on how beautiful I looked! She surpassed my already high expectations and my pictures came out amazing in large part because of her! I definitely plan on using her makeup services again.

Sent on 11/06/2009

carol · Married on 09/17/2009

Christy is an awesome makeup artist! She is a professional with lots of knowledge and is current with the latest colors, styles, and makeup techniques.

Christy gave me several facials before my son's wedding, assuring that my skin would be in the best condition possible when she applied my makeup on the wedding day. I found the facials to be very relaxing and noticed a definite improvement in my skin tone.

On the wedding day, Christy did a terrfic job and my makeup looked as good at the end of the evening as it did when she applied it in the morning. Also, Christy has an upbeat personality which helped relieve much of the tension I felt before the wedding. I would highly recommend Christy to anyone looking to be transformed from the ordinary to the FABULOUS!

Sent on 10/21/2009

Karla · Married on 06/17/2009

It was my first facial and I loved it. My skin felt so good afterwords it was wonderful. My makeup for my wedding was perfect!!!!! It was all natural and looked great.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Cheri · Married on 06/14/2009

I have known Christy for many years and have watched her grow in the business she loves, her passion.
    I have had many facials and peels from Christy, I have always been very pleased with the results.
    In June Christy did my make up for my sons wedding, Christy made me look so beautiful, and natural. I am not one to wear make up, but the way she does it it is like not wearing make up at all.
    I will return for her services again and again.
    Cheri