Color Me Gorgeous Reviews

Color Me Gorgeous 7
  • F

Francesca · Married on 12/31/2018

Fun + Glamorous Ladies!

Rachel and Ashley did an amazing job! My bridesmaids and I spent half the limo ride talking about how much fun we had with them. My friends are all athletes, we do not wear much make up nor do our hair but R+A understood our limited vocabulary and made us all glamorous. The looks they created also had amazing staying power lasting through our very long wedding day. Thank you ladies!

• sara

sara · Married on 10/06/2018

Rachel is amazing!

I met Rachel through my sister. I needed a makeup artist two days before my engagement photos in Oct. 2017. With luck, she had a morning opening. She glammed me up for my photos (that day was scorching, and my makeup DID NOT BUDGE) and I booked her right then and there for my wedding day!!! My trial with her was fantastic! The day of the wedding, she came in and glammed up my squad! She laughed, sang, and had fun with us! You want to book someone who you can click with, have fun with, on the morning of your wedding when you are full of excitement and nerves! Rachel is your girl! She is incredibly talented, and I can go on and on about how I am looking for a new event to go to so I can book her again! Again, I cannot stress enough how amazing she is! Rachel, next occasion I need to be glammed, you are my girl! Thank you SO much for making me feel beautiful on my big day!!! xoxo Sara

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Rachel and Hannah did such an amazing job! Not only is she extremely talented, but she was such a great person to work with and spend time with! Rachel made me and all of my girls feel and look so beautiful! She listened to what we all wanted and made sure that we were 100% happy with our makeup before leaving. Do not hesitate to book Color Me Gorgeous, you will not regret it!

Kerry · Married on 08/25/2018

It was SUCH a pleasure working with Rachel and the Color Me Gorgeous team both as a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding and for my own wedding. I have been in so many weddings and Rachel’s work is truly the best. She is extremely professional, personable, and truly the best makeup artist I’ve ever been to. Highly recommend!!

Erin · Married on 07/06/2018

Rachel and her team did SUCH an amazing job on not only my wedding day hair and makeup, but on all of my girls as well! I could not be any happier with how everything turned out. I have never felt so pretty in my life! My husband was crazy about the outcome too, and reminded me that I definitely had to leave a review for Color Me Gorgeous! Both my hair and makeup stayed in place and fresh all night long! If you’re in need of artists who are excellent at their craft and are actually passionate about what they do, don’t look anywhere else other than Color Me Gorgeous! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Christine · Married on 06/13/2018

Rachel was beyond amazing!!! Went above and beyond to make my day special!! For my daughter and me! Hair and makeup was perfect! And she reapplied whenever I needed!!! Also fixed my hair and my daughters hair went needed!! You are amazing inside and out Rachel!! Thank you!!!

Color Me Gorgeous 8
    Color Me Gorgeous 9
    Color Me Gorgeous 10
    Color Me Gorgeous 11
    Color Me Gorgeous 12

Christine · Married on 06/09/2018

Rachel Duncan and her team were absolutely amazing! Rachel and Ashley specifically did an absolutely breathtaking job, I am not exaggerating. Rachel’s sense of professionalism and her ability to make the hair and makeup aspect of my wedding completely stress free was nothing to undermine. Rachel was extremely flexible when it came to anything I needed to schedule including my hair and makeup bridal trial, my hair and makeup for engagement photos and finally the wedding day hair and makeup! I said to my husband after the wedding, “this is the first time I truly felt beautiful.” Rachel and Ashley were absolutely amazing and I know this won’t be the last time I utilize them for their services. You will not be disappointed!! Thank you Rachel, Ashley and the rest of your amazing team, you made me feel truly beautiful!

Color Me Gorgeous 13
    Color Me Gorgeous 14
    Color Me Gorgeous 15

Lori · Married on 06/03/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rachel! She is amazing, down to earth and knows her craft! I went into my appointment with Rachel just letting her do her thing and was NOT disappointed! I looked amazing, the most amazing i have ever looked. What was even better about it, I felt amazing too! She is so kind, personable and will make any nervous bride feel at ease. You would be so lucky to have this girl on your team for your special occasion!!

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2018

PERFECTION. If your goal is to become a princess, look no further. I cannot say enough about Rachel herself, and her work. She is professional, attentive, detail oriented, and wants to make your dream look come true. She was amazing to work with throughout the process: starting with my trial, and even being so patient with my mother and mother in law during their own trials. I haven't met another artist who elevates natural beauty in the way she does. I personally enjoy makeup and glam, and she is the BEST artist I have worked with, ever. The day of my wedding, she made all my bridesmaids look AMAZING, and she catered to what each girl wanted; whether it was FULL glam or a more natural look. And I myself have never felt so amazing in my own skin. Wedding makeup is something you want to pay attention to, because these photos are forever. I cannot wait to work with her in the future!

Lisa · Married on 05/12/2018

Rachel blew me away with my wedding make-up!! It was EVERYTHING I wanted it to be!! I spent a lot of time researching make-up artists in the area and as soon as I spoke to Rachel I knew she was a great fit for me. She is extremely passionate about her work and she is also a genuinely sweet person who wants the best for her clients on their wedding days. Out of all the vendors I worked with leading up to my wedding, Rachel was also the easiest to get in touch with. She was extremely responsive throughout the entire process. When I emailed her with a question, she would get back to me within minutes, often picking up the phone and calling me to explain lengthier responses. When I met Rachel for my trial, I learned JUST how talented she was. I LOVED my trial, but I have extremely sensitive eyes so I had some irritation afterwards as I often do when my eyes are touched a lot. On the day of my wedding, Rachel made changes accordingly and was SO careful around my eyes. I really appreciated the way she listened to my concern and did everything she could to make sure I would feel comfortable on my wedding day. The make-up that she did for all of my bridesmaids was absolutely incredible and the girls were so happy! She had all my bridesmaids looking like models. Beyond the make-up, Rachel was a calm, warm, positive presence on the morning of my big day. I really think that her wedding morning vibes set me and the girls up to have an amazing rest of the day. So, look no further and work with Rachel!!! Not only is she a talented artist, she will listen to what you want and will cater to the things that you need as an individual to make you happy on your big day!!

Belén · Married on 10/28/2017

Rachel is amazing. She has a huge heart and a passion for what she does, and that comes through in her make up. She did me up for a charity gala, since I wanted to see her skills before deciding who to use for my wedding, and I received tons of compliments for my make up. She was also very respectful of my wishes! I would 100% recommend her for any event, and will be using her for my own wedding.

• 2brideSAMElove

Kristine · event on: 10/22/2017

Where do you begin to talk about such a talented and beautiful soul like Rachel Duncan ? When I met Rachel in August I already had paid for my wedding day make up, she did my make up for the boudoir When I left that shoot, I felt so beautiful and had this pit in my stomach that I would regret it forever if she did not do my hair and make up for my big day, never thinking she would be available I reached out to her to ask if she would glam me up for my wedding, without hesitation she accepted and traveled free of charge to Lake George New York. In the weeks coming she stayed in communication with me ironing out the details of what I did and did not want etc. I live in DC so there was no time for a trial but it did not matter, I knew she would make me look nothing less then flawless. The day came and she arrived early with Stephanie and as always her vibrant and calming personality put an instant smile on my face, although a calm bride, the energy of everyone around me was to put it lightly... a lot! Despite the craziness of my family she made me feel beautiful and calmed me which is super important as a bride, she entertained everyones questions and input and ensured everyone that she would make everyone not only beautiful but their vision of beautiful, I never doubted it for a second but by the end of the morning everyone instantly saw why I made the last minute change... she is not only a master at her craft but one of the best souls I have had the pleasure of meeting through this wedding journey. To top it all off, she stayed through my first look to fix any make up issues and Stephanie did three hair changes for me to give me just a slight change through the morning first look and ceremony.... Rachel, Thank you will never be enough and I am so lucky to have found you. Thank you for everything you did for me over the last few months, on my wedding day, for putting up with my family and for becoming a friend. You are truly one of a kind. xo

• 2brideSAMElove

Kristine · Married on 10/22/2017

Where do I begin!? I met Rachel and her glam crew at my bourdier shoot (my wedding gift to my fiancé) I instantly felt at ease with her immense knowledge base, calm demeanor and positivity. As someone who is very laid back does not wear a lot of make up on the day to day I felt I was in great hands when I told Rachel to take it away, she really listen to learn more about who I was before starting ... And sure enough she make me look GORGEOUS and authentically me! Although I don't wear alot of make up, you know good brands and you know variety, Rachel came fully prepared with high quality products and it was clear that she only invested in the best for her clients, and I felt it although rocking a smoky eye and lashes for this sexy shoot my make was not heavy or thick... as if being an expert in all things make was not enough she invested herself into my overall look and stayed with me to touch up my make up and highlight all the right parts! My wedding is a month away and although I already have a make up artist, I left feeling my wedding would not be complete without Rachel so I called her and asked if she was available to do just me for my wedding... knowing she would only be doing me she excitedly agreed to come to my Sunday Wedding to ensure I felt beautiful... if you haven't already, book color me gorgeous, as a bride you want someone who is invested in you, knows their craft and is all-around a fun person to be around on you big day. that is only the start of what you will get with Rachel and her team! Thanks again for everything Rachel, see you in October!

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2017

I normally do not wear a lot of make up. For my wedding day I wanted my makeup and my bridal party's makeup natural looking and she nailed it. Rachel is amazing. I highly recommend her.

Ashton · Married on 09/23/2017

I loved Rachel! She is so sweet and super accommodating. I struggled to find someone for MONTHS who could do a tattoo cover up, or when they said they could do them it looked terrible. I finally found Rachel and she did an OUTSTANDING job. My dress was backless and I have an all black and gray tattoo off to the center, my dress was cutting into it so I decided I wanted it covered so it didnt look funny. Rachel came right to my house for two trials and on my wedding day THE MAKE UP DID NOT MOVE. No one ever noticed and it didn't even rub off while I was dancing the night away. Highly recommend!!

Eileen · Married on 09/23/2017

Rachel Duncan is one of my loveliest people I have EVER met. She just has a way about her that makes you feel beautiful on your big day.
    Let me first state- I am not a "girlie girl". I NEVER wear makeup or fuss with my hair, so I was out of my element.
    The first time I met Rachel, she reached over and touched my skin and told me how great my skin was!
    I have loved her ever sense! She calls her clients her "dolls" and makes you feel like a rock star!
    She has 4 of us to work on and it was so fun watching her transform us into beauties! Our 75 year old aunt Donna looked FAB!
    She also introduced me to the Amazing Ashley Smith for our hair design.
    These 2 are magicians!
    You NEED to meet these 2- they will change your life!
    Call Rachel and be one of her "dolls" for your wedding.

Color Me Gorgeous 16
    Color Me Gorgeous 17
    Color Me Gorgeous 18
    Color Me Gorgeous 19
    Color Me Gorgeous 20
    Color Me Gorgeous 21
    Color Me Gorgeous 22

b · Married on 09/02/2017

Color me gorgeous is amazing. Rachel is a beautiful person and helped me so much! I call her an artist and she blew me away with the makeup trial and my wedding makeup. She kept me calm and helped me take deep breathes when I was about to have a panic attack at my wedding. It was well appreciated. Love her! Thank you. Love Brittany Center

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rachel and her team! From the beginning, Rachel was accommodating, friendly and flexible with my out of state schedule. When I met with her for my trial, she listened to my ideas and executed perfectly! Her lead hair stylist, Ashley is also incredibly talented and great to work with and together they are the true dream team! I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and they did a great job making the whole wedding party look cohesive. Their relaxed and friendly attitudes were just what I needed and I would recommend them to anyone. My only regret is not being able to spend more time with them! Color Me Gorgeous will not disappoint!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/05/2017

Rachel is the best! I could not be happier that I was able to work with her. My major concern in picking a makeup artist was that I have an allergy to a common makeup ingredient and wanted to make sure to avoid any makeup that would trigger my allergy on my wedding day. Rachel went above-and-beyond the call of duty by researching multiple brands of makeup (she even called some companies directly) to ensure that specific products within a brand was free of the allergen. Rachel was unsure whether a couple of the products would trigger an allergic reaction, so she arranged for us to meet for a test run at Sephora before committing to them. I was planning my wedding from Boston and did not have many weekends home in New York. Rachel was so easy to work with and worked around my schedule. She and the hairstylist she often works with, Ashley Smith, came to my mother’s house for my hair and makeup trial. Before the trial, I shared a couple of pictures that I liked with Rachel and she completely nailed the look I was going for. She and Ashley were so sweet and easy to talk to. I felt like I was getting ready with two old friends, everyone was easy going and laughing the entire morning. There is a picture of me from the morning of my wedding after seeing my makeup for the first time. I have a huge grin and told Rachel that it was my “you exceeded my wildest expectations” face. I can honestly say that I have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day.

Marisa · Married on 07/22/2017

I can't say enough awesome things about Rachel (Color Me Gorgeous). Rachel did my makeup trial for my wedding on my Bridal shower day and I got compliments all day. When it came to my wedding day, Rachel was right on time and got going right away. She timed everything out perfectly and put my mind to ease. She made all my bridesmaids feel so comfortable and listened to their ideas. They all looked beautiful, including my mother. I'm not a huge makeup person but I was obsessed with how I looked on my wedding day. If you want a makeup artist who is professional, attentive, and talented...go with Rachel! She won't let you down!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Color Me Gorgeous's reply:

Thank you so much Marisa!! I loved being part of your special day!

Maria · Married on 07/07/2017

I don't even know where to begin! Rachel and Joselin felt like family! Not only were they professional and skilled but we all felt like we had known them for years! Rachel was also the only person who took the time, prior to booking her, to speak on the phone rather than just email. She was also very responsive and aware of each persons needs in the party. I had a great time and lots of laughs! You guys helped make my day perfect! Thank you!

Whitney · Married on 07/02/2017

Can't say enough good things about Rachel and her assistant. She showed up exactly on time for both my trial and my wedding day. I don't typically wear much makeup or have a strong cosmetic vocabulary. Somehow, she figured out exactly what I wanted and created a perfect, enhanced version of me without making me look fake or caked up. I looked more beautiful than I've ever looked in my entire life. I received so many compliments about how amazing my makeup was. People said it didn't even look like I was wearing any. It lasted for over 12 hours, no issues. She made up my mom (looked about 40 when she's in her 50's) and entire bridal party. Everyone looked fantastic.

Rachel is a warm and wonderful person in addition to being a talented MUA. You should consider yourself lucky if she's available for your big day! Don't hesitate to book her!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Color Me Gorgeous's reply:

Thank you SO much for your beautiful kind words! It was an honor to be a part of your magical wedding!

Emilia · Married on 06/09/2017

Rachel is awesome!! I felt very comfortable with her and she 100% nailed the bridal look I was aiming for!

Meghan · Married on 06/03/2017

As a girl who has never worn makeup, I wasn't even sure I wanted to get makeup done for my wedding. I was referred to Rachel by another make up artist and it could not have worked out better if we tried. At my makeup trial, Rachel explained everything to me and was so thoughtful and considerate in planning what make up to use. I have never felt so beautiful ever. Rachel did an amazing job on the girls and my mom as well. If you're looking for a professional, hilarious, all around great woman, please reach out to Rachel. You will not be disappointed!!