Color Me Gorgeous Reviews

89 | Albany, NY

89 Reviews for Color Me Gorgeous

• Maya

Maya L. · Getting married on 07/07/2022

Virtual Makeup -- Even for a Beginner!

Rachel from CMG was so flexible with us as COVID changed our plans. She worked with me (the bride), my sisters, and my mom to create customized makeup looks completely online, from product recommendations to virtual training sessions, coaching us through creating the looks ourselves to make sure we were ready for the big day. We are all makeup beginners, and Rachel empowered us to feel confident, authentic, and beautiful on my wedding day (not to mention my groom was floored). I would not have felt so ready for the special day without Rachel's dedication and skill. I HIGHLY recommend working with Rachel for your wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Aundrea

Aundrea R. · Getting married on 10/02/2021

The Most Important Vendor You Will Book

I met Rachel when I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding last year. As soon as I sat down in Rachel’s chair I knew I was in amazing hands. Fast forward and now I am getting married! I missed out on booking Rachel for my own wedding but I knew I could book her for my engagement pictures! Rachel came to my apartment and transformed me into a goddess! Rachel is the kindest and most talented person. She has a gift on making you look so beautiful while still looking yourself. I was so nervous and Rachel talked my through everything. Being in her chair truly feels like you’re hanging out with a friend. I look forward to any future event that I can book Rachel for. I HIGHLY recommend Rachel for any makeup service you could need!
    P.S as soon as you have your date book her IMMEDIATELY! You will not regret it

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah F. · Married on 06/19/2021

Phenomenal

Where to start? My experience with Rachel was a total dream- start to finish. I had the honor of having her do my bridal makeup and my dream became a reality! She truly is THE makeup professional and then some! Rachel is creative, friendly, on trend, and works with you to give you the bridal look of your dreams! Not to mention she is super sweet & a ton of fun during the process. All of the makeup was perfection & I received compliments ALL night. My bridesmaids looked stunning as well. I just can’t say enough wonderful things about Rachel- she will bring your vision to life, flawlessly! Highly recommend booking with her! Thank you for your artistry!

Sent on 07/07/2021
  • Erica

Erica B. · Married on 12/09/2020

Incredible work!

Rachel was recommended by another artist for my wedding day makeup. She was incredible, professional and easy to communicate with! My makeup came out so well and I got so many compliments. My whole bridal party had their makeup done by Rachel - Once people saw her work they also wanted their makeup done! She even graciously accommodated 2 unplanned bridesmaids. The makeup lasted ALL NIGHT too, i added a photo of my matron of honor from the after party and you can see her makeup stayed perfect all night! I can’t recommend her enough and plan to get my makeup done by her for future events!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Caryn · Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing artist!

Rachel is an AMAZING artist! She made me look and feel exactly how I wanted to feel on my wedding day. She is someone who will not only show up to glam you up, but genuinely cares about her clients. I never wanted to take my makeup off! Dreaming about the next time I’ll have an event where I can have her do my makeup !

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah S. · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Virtual Lesson!

My mom and I both did virtual makeup lessons with Rachel. I normally don’t wear makeup so I was concerned about doing my own makeup for my microwedding this year. She made the process so easy and effortless! First we texted to figure out what makeup I needed to buy based on the natural look I was looking to achieve. Next, Rachel met my mom and I on Zoom and walked us through the process and the products. Rachel graciously shared her knowledge in a very approachable way! I’m so excited that I finally feel confident doing my own makeup. I highly recommend Color Me Gorgeous!!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Dev L. · Married on 09/19/2020

Absolutely adore Rachel and her work

Literally would give Rachel/ Color Me Gorgeous 10 stars on here if I could!! If you’re scrolling through, trying to find the right MUA for you (regardless of the occasion)- STOP scrolling now. You have found her!! I already knew Rachel would do an amazing job for my intimate elopement “look” but she excelled beyond anything I could’ve ever envisioned for myself. I gave her absolutely NO direction and told her to do whatever she felt was right for me and it’s the best decision I could’ve made. Pure perfection! If you want a MUA who you can 100% trust will make you (even more) beautiful, who’s professional but so fun to be around, who brings an amazing energy to the day and can give confidence to any bride- then Rachel is the one for you. Can’t recommend enough

Sent on 07/10/2020

Samantha X. · Married on 08/22/2020

So amazing!

I can't say enough good things.

Rachel was amazing and extremely accommodating, as well as flexible. She saved me from a make up disaster. When planning my wedding, I originally had a different make up artist who did a terrible job at my trial. I decided a week or so before my wedding to try to find someone new. I contacted Rachel and she was able to make it work. She went as far as rearranging her schedule to make it work for me and my family. The day of she was professional, on time, and honest. Everyone was thrilled.

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha X. · Married on 08/22/2020

So amazing!

I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 08/15/2020

12/10 Exceeded Expectations

Let me just start by saying how wonderful Rachel has been from the very beginning. Rachel did my makeup for my engagement photos and she was very professional but very personable as well. She took her time in getting to know my husband and I's "how we met" story.

When it came to wedding day, she went out of her way to make my makeup EVEN MORE amazing than it was on the trial date. She took her time getting to know my bridesmaids with each session and Rachel is the type of person that you know she genuinely cares about her clients.

My MIL was against having her hair and makeup done and we showed her "Mom's Makeup" from Rachels instagram and she caved, she looked so beautiful and loved her make-up when she was finished.

Rachel goes above and beyond for her clients, and just as an example. One month before my wedding day, there was an issue and my hair vendor canceled on me. Rachel called me as soon as she heard and told me not to worry about finding another hair vendor, that she would find one for me. Not even a week later she texted me with two options and set up the trial for me in a matter of minutes. Rachel is the one you need for your wedding day - hands down!

Rachel Duncan is the sweetest, most talented person - I got so lucky when I chose to go with Color-Me-Gorgeous and I would recommend her to anyone looking for makeup services. I'm trying to find a way to use her again in the future - that's how amazing she is!

Sent on 08/29/2020
  • Laura

Laura F. · Married on 06/20/2020

Amazing Experience

I would recommend CMG a million times over. I have had the joy of Rachel doing my makeup a few separate occasions now. I have loved her every time which is why I chose her for my bridal makeup! She is so professional and understands what look each of her clients is trying to achieve. She was incredible to work around having to change our date due to COVID. Not many people choose their wedding date around the availability of the MUA, but I did and she was so worth it!

Sent on 08/10/2020
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle F. · Married on 02/08/2020

The most Magical day with Color Me Gorgeous!!!

💍👰🥂Rachel is very professional and knowledgeable with cosmetics and skin care. She can recommend brands and colors that are right for you. She excels in professional application skills and also provides tips and tricks to her clients. I booked her the day I got engaged!!! I could not imagine having anyone else to spending my wedding morning with! I highly recommend her services for any special occasion! She did the makeup for my sister in law, cousin and best friends makeup for their wedding.Actually 4 out of 5 of my bridesmaids she has done the makeup for their wedding!!! She always shows up on time and looking so stylish! Everyone felt so confident, comfortable and their makeup lasted all night! She brings the best out of everyone! One of my bridesmaids even showed up with lashes still on to brunch the next day!!! Noone wanted to take their makeup off that night!! Planning my look for the big day was so easy with her. She answers all questions and messages back so fast! If she happens to have your special date available do not wait!!! book her fast!!! She does not stay available for long!!! Shes amazing and will have you feeling and looking like a million bucks! I honestly could not have imagined my day with out her and I will continue to have her be apart of every big moment in my life! She will be doing my makeup for my RN graduation this May!!! ❤😍😘🥰 p.s. she is also a rock star mom of 2 very handsome boys and runs her own buisness!!! support working moms and locally owned buisnesses!!!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha B. · Married on 11/16/2019

Awesome experience

If you’re lucky enough that Color Me Gorgeous has your date available- don’t think twice about booking! Rachel was awesome to work with. Your wedding morning will be stressful, and Rachel brings with her a ton of positive energy, excitement and encouragement to make you and your bridesmaids feel and look beautiful! She’s a super talented makeup artist and a really good human. I am excited to work with her again for my sisters wedding.

Sent on 02/29/2020

Deanna D. · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing work done by the incredibly sweet and talented Rachel. I highly recommend to any bride!

Rachel was absolutely amazing! She was professional, sweet, and her work was incredible. She made me and my entire bridal party feel completely at ease the morning of the wedding and everyone came out looking great! There are not enough wonderful things I could say about Rachel other than I highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney K. · Married on 10/12/2019

Color Me Gorgeous is a Dream Come True!!!!

Rachel and her team were so amazing!! They showed up early and helped create such a relaxed and fun environment for my bridal party while getting ready! She answered every crazy email and text that I sent her in a timely fashion and was always able to calm my nerves. I live in Boston and she is in New York, she drove all the way to Boston for my make up trial because we had to cancel the first one, and then traveled to Vermont for the actual wedding day . I would highly recommend her. I have never felt more beautiful in my life and what better day than on your Wedding Day to feel that way.

Sent on 11/23/2019

Katy P. · Married on 09/21/2019

Rachel is amazing

I don't even know where to begin... if I could give her 10 stars, I would. I hired a different artist and after some communication, realized she and I didn't vibe well so obviously I was a little anxious. Was given Rachel's name by my hair salon and by some miracle, she still had my date open with only 4 months left to go. Her instagram account already had me excited; she is so talented. She made arrangements to fit my trial in while I was home for my shower. When I met her, I couldn't be happier. She is so talented and makes you feel BEAUTIFUL. More than that though, she's interested in you and your love story which is the coolest thing. You can tell how much she loves what she does. On my wedding day, I could not have been happier to have her there. All of my girls and my mom looked amazing and felt great. She has such a calming vibe that just kept me calm all day. Plus, my makeup stayed put ALL DAY... in the heat, with tears, and lots of dancing. If you are lucky enough to secure a date with her, you will not be disappointed. Love her!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Emily · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Makeup

Rachel from Color Me Gorgeous was incredible to work with. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup so was nervous I would look too "made up" but Rachel worked with me to come up with a very natural look. I received so many compliments. She was so much fun and fit in with me and my bridal party on the morning of the wedding. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants to look their best on their wedding day!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Taylor B. · Married on 09/14/2019

Bridal Makeup

Working with Rachel was a fantastic experience from my initial inquiry of her availability for my wedding date through my wedding day. Rachel was incredibly professional, responsive, flexible , thorough and most importantly a genuinely warm and kind person! Rachel truly loves her work and it truly shows in each person she works with. Rachel provides you with her complete attention to hear your vision while you are in her chair and is so thorough to make sure you are absolutely flawless by the time you are finished. Rachel made me, my bridesmaids and family members each feel beautiful not only on the outside but also the inside. The makeup truly lasted perfectly through changes in weather, laughter, tears and a lot of dancing! Seriously look no further when searching for a bridal makeup artist, Rachel is 100% the best in the business!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceptional

Rachel and her crew are absolutely incredible. I was lucky to book her and I booked a year in advance ! She is so sweet and may as well be another one of your bridesmaids that day with how fun she is and how excited she is for you. I can’t tell you how many compliments we got on our makeup. It stayed on all day after sweating, crying, you name it. She arrived on time and was prepared with all she needed. I can’t recommend her more highly. You won’t be disappointed !!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/08/2019

Beyond amazing.

There are so many amazing things I can say about Rachel and her team. She is beyond amazing. She is super knowledgeable on make up and pre wedding skin care. I followed her tips for my pre wedding skin care and my skin was flawless. She made me and my whole bridal party feel and look amazing! On top do that she did my mom and my aunt And made them feel and look just as beautiful. Rachel and her team were like family. They laughed and joked. They made my day beyond anything I could ever dream of. If you want to have a dream team choose Rachel. She is hands down not just an incredible make up artist but a person! Thank you Rachel for everything you did!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Erin

Erin V. · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely amazing

Rachel was amazing to work with! She made me feel like an absolute princess on my wedding day. It was such a relaxing time getting ready with my bridesmaids thanks to Rachel. Oh and did I mention my makeup lasted all day and did not run at all! Rache is a rockstar and I highly recommend comment her! It was a dream come true.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie N. · Married on 09/01/2019

Love love love

Rachel and Ashley are absolutely amazing! They were so fun to work with and made everyone look and feel their best! They really took the time to create styles for each girl that fit their personalities. I loved that no 2 girls looked the same! Rachel is extremely responsive and professional. Book her asap because she is amazing!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Jenn F. · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding makeup

If you’ve been looking for a makeup artist in this area, seriously look no further! Rachel is wonderful. She was my third trial, and I couldn't have been happier to find her. I think all a bride could want on their wedding day is to look like the most beautiful version of themselves, and she made this happen for me. She set me at ease during both the trial and my wedding day. All my bridesmaids, my mom, and my husband’s mom felt beautiful and complimented Rachel on being so easy to hang out with the morning of! Furthermore, my makeup lasted perfectly the whole day. I opted for the airbrush and definitely recommend it. We went on a boat ride right after our ceremony for pictures, and I was splashed right in the face by a wave. I never even had to touch up for the reception- the makeup remained flawless! Rachel is a wonderful and talented makeup artist- look no further!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Allyson · Married on 08/24/2019

So amazing!!

Rachel is amazing! She was so kind and professional and did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids and mom. Everyone was so happy with her work. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Nicole D. · Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend!!

Rachel was amazing!! She’s so personable and sweet and put me at complete ease. I was in love with my makeup and all my girls looked amazing. She even went above and beyond by staying late to do some additional makeup for last minute guests. She’s truly the best!!! You can’t go wrong with Rachel.

Sent on 08/30/2019