Color Me Gorgeous Reviews

78 | Albany, NY

78 Reviews for Color Me Gorgeous

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle Frangella · Married on 02/08/2020

The most Magical day with Color Me Gorgeous!!!

💍👰🥂Rachel is very professional and knowledgeable with cosmetics and skin care. She can recommend brands and colors that are right for you. She excels in professional application skills and also provides tips and tricks to her clients. I booked her the day I got engaged!!! I could not imagine having anyone else to spending my wedding morning with! I highly recommend her services for any special occasion! She did the makeup for my sister in law, cousin and best friends makeup for their wedding.Actually 4 out of 5 of my bridesmaids she has done the makeup for their wedding!!! She always shows up on time and looking so stylish! Everyone felt so confident, comfortable and their makeup lasted all night! She brings the best out of everyone! One of my bridesmaids even showed up with lashes still on to brunch the next day!!! Noone wanted to take their makeup off that night!! Planning my look for the big day was so easy with her. She answers all questions and messages back so fast! If she happens to have your special date available do not wait!!! book her fast!!! She does not stay available for long!!! Shes amazing and will have you feeling and looking like a million bucks! I honestly could not have imagined my day with out her and I will continue to have her be apart of every big moment in my life! She will be doing my makeup for my RN graduation this May!!! ❤😍😘🥰 p.s. she is also a rock star mom of 2 very handsome boys and runs her own buisness!!! support working moms and locally owned buisnesses!!!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha Bain · Married on 11/16/2019

Awesome experience

If you’re lucky enough that Color Me Gorgeous has your date available- don’t think twice about booking! Rachel was awesome to work with. Your wedding morning will be stressful, and Rachel brings with her a ton of positive energy, excitement and encouragement to make you and your bridesmaids feel and look beautiful! She’s a super talented makeup artist and a really good human. I am excited to work with her again for my sisters wedding.

Sent on 02/29/2020

Deanna Dimone · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing work done by the incredibly sweet and talented Rachel. I highly recommend to any bride!

Rachel was absolutely amazing! She was professional, sweet, and her work was incredible. She made me and my entire bridal party feel completely at ease the morning of the wedding and everyone came out looking great! There are not enough wonderful things I could say about Rachel other than I highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Keefe · Married on 10/12/2019

Color Me Gorgeous is a Dream Come True!!!!

Rachel and her team were so amazing!! They showed up early and helped create such a relaxed and fun environment for my bridal party while getting ready! She answered every crazy email and text that I sent her in a timely fashion and was always able to calm my nerves. I live in Boston and she is in New York, she drove all the way to Boston for my make up trial because we had to cancel the first one, and then traveled to Vermont for the actual wedding day . I would highly recommend her. I have never felt more beautiful in my life and what better day than on your Wedding Day to feel that way.

Sent on 11/23/2019

Katy Parsley · Married on 09/21/2019

Rachel is amazing

I don't even know where to begin... if I could give her 10 stars, I would. I hired a different artist and after some communication, realized she and I didn't vibe well so obviously I was a little anxious. Was given Rachel's name by my hair salon and by some miracle, she still had my date open with only 4 months left to go. Her instagram account already had me excited; she is so talented. She made arrangements to fit my trial in while I was home for my shower. When I met her, I couldn't be happier. She is so talented and makes you feel BEAUTIFUL. More than that though, she's interested in you and your love story which is the coolest thing. You can tell how much she loves what she does. On my wedding day, I could not have been happier to have her there. All of my girls and my mom looked amazing and felt great. She has such a calming vibe that just kept me calm all day. Plus, my makeup stayed put ALL DAY... in the heat, with tears, and lots of dancing. If you are lucky enough to secure a date with her, you will not be disappointed. Love her!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Emily · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Makeup

Rachel from Color Me Gorgeous was incredible to work with. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup so was nervous I would look too "made up" but Rachel worked with me to come up with a very natural look. I received so many compliments. She was so much fun and fit in with me and my bridal party on the morning of the wedding. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants to look their best on their wedding day!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Taylor Barwinski · Married on 09/14/2019

Bridal Makeup

Working with Rachel was a fantastic experience from my initial inquiry of her availability for my wedding date through my wedding day. Rachel was incredibly professional, responsive, flexible , thorough and most importantly a genuinely warm and kind person! Rachel truly loves her work and it truly shows in each person she works with. Rachel provides you with her complete attention to hear your vision while you are in her chair and is so thorough to make sure you are absolutely flawless by the time you are finished. Rachel made me, my bridesmaids and family members each feel beautiful not only on the outside but also the inside. The makeup truly lasted perfectly through changes in weather, laughter, tears and a lot of dancing! Seriously look no further when searching for a bridal makeup artist, Rachel is 100% the best in the business!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceptional

Rachel and her crew are absolutely incredible. I was lucky to book her and I booked a year in advance ! She is so sweet and may as well be another one of your bridesmaids that day with how fun she is and how excited she is for you. I can’t tell you how many compliments we got on our makeup. It stayed on all day after sweating, crying, you name it. She arrived on time and was prepared with all she needed. I can’t recommend her more highly. You won’t be disappointed !!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/08/2019

Beyond amazing.

There are so many amazing things I can say about Rachel and her team. She is beyond amazing. She is super knowledgeable on make up and pre wedding skin care. I followed her tips for my pre wedding skin care and my skin was flawless. She made me and my whole bridal party feel and look amazing! On top do that she did my mom and my aunt And made them feel and look just as beautiful. Rachel and her team were like family. They laughed and joked. They made my day beyond anything I could ever dream of. If you want to have a dream team choose Rachel. She is hands down not just an incredible make up artist but a person! Thank you Rachel for everything you did!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Erin

Erin Vandeusen · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely amazing

Rachel was amazing to work with! She made me feel like an absolute princess on my wedding day. It was such a relaxing time getting ready with my bridesmaids thanks to Rachel. Oh and did I mention my makeup lasted all day and did not run at all! Rache is a rockstar and I highly recommend comment her! It was a dream come true.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Nieskens · Married on 09/01/2019

Love love love

Rachel and Ashley are absolutely amazing! They were so fun to work with and made everyone look and feel their best! They really took the time to create styles for each girl that fit their personalities. I loved that no 2 girls looked the same! Rachel is extremely responsive and professional. Book her asap because she is amazing!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Jenn Farren · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding makeup

If you’ve been looking for a makeup artist in this area, seriously look no further! Rachel is wonderful. She was my third trial, and I couldn't have been happier to find her. I think all a bride could want on their wedding day is to look like the most beautiful version of themselves, and she made this happen for me. She set me at ease during both the trial and my wedding day. All my bridesmaids, my mom, and my husband’s mom felt beautiful and complimented Rachel on being so easy to hang out with the morning of! Furthermore, my makeup lasted perfectly the whole day. I opted for the airbrush and definitely recommend it. We went on a boat ride right after our ceremony for pictures, and I was splashed right in the face by a wave. I never even had to touch up for the reception- the makeup remained flawless! Rachel is a wonderful and talented makeup artist- look no further!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Allyson · Married on 08/24/2019

So amazing!!

Rachel is amazing! She was so kind and professional and did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids and mom. Everyone was so happy with her work. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Nicole Davis · Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend!!

Rachel was amazing!! She’s so personable and sweet and put me at complete ease. I was in love with my makeup and all my girls looked amazing. She even went above and beyond by staying late to do some additional makeup for last minute guests. She’s truly the best!!! You can’t go wrong with Rachel.

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Diana

Diana Abourafeh · Married on 07/28/2019

Lovelovelove!

Look no further! I love Rachel! Not only is her work so beautiful, but she is a beautiful person. You feel her warm personality before the big day and the day of. She makes you feel so amazing and is full of positivity, which is something every bride needs on the big day. While looking for make-up vendors, I was really nervous. I didn’t feel like I could achieve my dream look. Rachel, however, completely changed everything. She put me at ease during my trial and when my wedding day came, me and my girls looked fabulous and had the best time prepping in the morning! Her and Ashley (hair stylist) were the Glam Squad dream team and I would recommend her time and time again!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Lauren · Married on 07/27/2019

Rachel is amazing!

Rachel is amazing! I booked Rachel to do all of my bridesmaids, mother and mother in laws makeup for our wedding last July in Vermont. From the first time I spoke to Rachel, she was so nice and friendly and I was so excited for her to be a part of our wedding day! We did a trial for her to do my sister’s makeup and she listened to all of my sisters requests and did a more natural beautiful look for her - it looked amazing! On our wedding day, Rachel and her team worked their magic on all my bridesmaids and mother, mother in law and everyone looked beautiful - and it lasted throughout the day! Rachel is not only talented - but she has an amazing personality - she is fun and brought such a calm and relaxing energy! Book Rachel for your wedding ASAP, you won’t regret it!!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Jessica Dubin · Married on 07/20/2019

Reach out to your dream vendors!

Here's a tip- always reach out to your dream vendors even if you think they're already booked! I've admired Rachel's work for a while but I just assumed she was busy and had a trial with another MUA that I wasn't happy with at all. A few weeks later Rachel posted that she still had MY date open and I messaged her immediately! I'm so glad I did because she made me feel like a princess throughout the whole process- from trial through the wedding day. She's fun to work with so incredibly talented. When I had questions for her, before and even during the wedding day (after she left) she was quick to respond. Stress pimple disappeared, makeup stayed on even in 98 degree heat, and I felt like the most gorgeous version of myself. I couldn't recommend her enough. If you're getting married in the 518 area, hire Rachel!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Native Dancer

Nadja · Married on 07/06/2019

Excellent job at make up

Rachel does a super job at make up! She did my wedding make up, including my bridesmaids and my tattoo coverup! Everything went perfectly and I would highly recommend her, she is very talented!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Wendy

Wendy Vall · Married on 06/29/2019

She will make you GORGEOUS

For my wedding, I wanted to look like the best version of myself (not someone else) and that's exactly what Rachel delivered. I did a trial with her, which really helped both of us hone in on what I was looking for on the big day. She has such great energy, which is what a bride really needs on the morning of her wedding day. She completely put me and my girls at ease. When we requested tweaks, she was super accommodating and made sure we were 100% happy with our looks. Rachel also referred me to my hairstylist Ashley who I also loved. Together, they were the glam squad of my dreams!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • John and Erica

John · Married on 06/14/2019

Could not be better!

Rachel and Ashley were fantastic from the minute of initial contact until the big day! I was able to contact Rachel at any time to ask any questions or confirm any details and she was quick to respond. During the trial and day of the wedding, Rachel and Ashley made great recommendations for hair and makeup looks. As an indecisive bride, they gave me ideas and made it a priority to make sure I was happy and comfortable with my results. They nailed it on the first attempt. I couldn't be happier with my hair and makeup. On my wedding day, they were fun and accommodating for all of my bridesmaids and mom some of which were also indecisive. They made everyone look beautiful!! I could not recommend Color Me Gorgeous any more!!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Dominique Zikos · Married on 06/01/2019

GORGEOUS, incredible talent!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rachel and Color Me Gorgeous! Rachel was so welcoming and provided such a comfortable environment from the moment I walked in for my trail, until the moment she left the bridal suite at the end of our wedding morning! Rachel completed my (the bride) and several bridesmaids/family members quickly, efficiently, and even had a couple of last minute ladies who wanted to join in because the makeup was just THAT good. Rachel was very flexible with the various styles of makeup the different ladies wanted, and there was not a single person who didn’t wish they could recreate their look over and over. What a wonderful thing, to be able to make women feel that beautiful every day! Thank you so much to Color Me Gorgeous for creating the flawless looks that will be looked back on for years and years in our wedding photos!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Vicky · Married on 05/31/2019

Loved it!!!

I had such a great time with Rachel at my make-up trial and on my wedding day! She pampered me and my bridal party. We had a blast getting ready with her in the morning. She was flexible and accommodating for all the different make-up styles we requested. I really appreciated that she asked me questions throughout the process to ensure she was creating the look I wanted. It ended up perfect! I highly recommend Rachel!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Carrie · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazingly beautiful

Rachel is absolutely talented, she did all of the bridal parties makeup for my sisters wedding. She was flawless from start to finish. She arrived on time and had more than enough time to give us all exactly what we wanted and so much more! She pays attention to every detail and really perfects a look that looks beautiful and elegant without looking overdone. Everyone looked amazing! If you want a professional talented makeup artist who truly knows what she’s doing I would highly recommend Rachel!!!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret · Married on 04/27/2019

Book Rachel and Ashley now!!

After some frustrations finding a hair/makeup team for my wedding, I received Rachel as a recommendation from a friend. I could not be HAPPIER that I did! From my trial, to the day of my wedding Rachel made me feel comfortable, relaxed and of course beautiful. She's not only a talented artist, but she has a genuine, sweet personality and truly cares deeply about the work she does. She listens closely to what you want, and spends a lot of time with you making sure you get the exact look you wanted. Ashley is also amazing! Every girl's updo or hairstyle for the wedding came out looking exactly like they had wanted or described! She worked with my natural curl and kept me looking like myself which I loved. Book these women NOW! You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing make up artist

I have known rachel since high school... middle school? Haha anyways she’s always been a nice fun girl, and seeing that she had a make up business I had to see what she could do. Now you can follow her on Instagram and see her work and it is AMAZING! I had to hire her to do the makeup for my girls and mother’s. On the day she arrived on time and had no trouble fitting in and chatting with everyone. No one felt awkward or nervous. Since I had a trial with her, I already knew how I wanted my makeup to look. If you’re still reading this review you should message her! She does amazing work and will change anything if you just ask!

Thank you Rachel for making me feel so beautiful on one of the most important days of my life!

Sent on 05/10/2019