Color Me Gorgeous Reviews

Color Me Gorgeous 5
Color Me Gorgeous 6
Color Me Gorgeous 7

Jessica Dubin · Married on 07/20/2019

Reach out to your dream vendors!

Here's a tip- always reach out to your dream vendors even if you think they're already booked! I've admired Rachel's work for a while but I just assumed she was busy and had a trial with another MUA that I wasn't happy with at all. A few weeks later Rachel posted that she still had MY date open and I messaged her immediately! I'm so glad I did because she made me feel like a princess throughout the whole process- from trial through the wedding day. She's fun to work with so incredibly talented. When I had questions for her, before and even during the wedding day (after she left) she was quick to respond. Stress pimple disappeared, makeup stayed on even in 98 degree heat, and I felt like the most gorgeous version of myself. I couldn't recommend her enough. If you're getting married in the 518 area, hire Rachel!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Native Dancer

Nadja · Married on 07/06/2019

Excellent job at make up

Rachel does a super job at make up! She did my wedding make up, including my bridesmaids and my tattoo coverup! Everything went perfectly and I would highly recommend her, she is very talented!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • John and Erica

John · Married on 06/14/2019

Could not be better!

Rachel and Ashley were fantastic from the minute of initial contact until the big day! I was able to contact Rachel at any time to ask any questions or confirm any details and she was quick to respond. During the trial and day of the wedding, Rachel and Ashley made great recommendations for hair and makeup looks. As an indecisive bride, they gave me ideas and made it a priority to make sure I was happy and comfortable with my results. They nailed it on the first attempt. I couldn't be happier with my hair and makeup. On my wedding day, they were fun and accommodating for all of my bridesmaids and mom some of which were also indecisive. They made everyone look beautiful!! I could not recommend Color Me Gorgeous any more!!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Dominique Zikos · Married on 06/01/2019

GORGEOUS, incredible talent!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rachel and Color Me Gorgeous! Rachel was so welcoming and provided such a comfortable environment from the moment I walked in for my trail, until the moment she left the bridal suite at the end of our wedding morning! Rachel completed my (the bride) and several bridesmaids/family members quickly, efficiently, and even had a couple of last minute ladies who wanted to join in because the makeup was just THAT good. Rachel was very flexible with the various styles of makeup the different ladies wanted, and there was not a single person who didn’t wish they could recreate their look over and over. What a wonderful thing, to be able to make women feel that beautiful every day! Thank you so much to Color Me Gorgeous for creating the flawless looks that will be looked back on for years and years in our wedding photos!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Vicky · Married on 05/31/2019

Loved it!!!

I had such a great time with Rachel at my make-up trial and on my wedding day! She pampered me and my bridal party. We had a blast getting ready with her in the morning. She was flexible and accommodating for all the different make-up styles we requested. I really appreciated that she asked me questions throughout the process to ensure she was creating the look I wanted. It ended up perfect! I highly recommend Rachel!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret · Married on 04/27/2019

Book Rachel and Ashley now!!

After some frustrations finding a hair/makeup team for my wedding, I received Rachel as a recommendation from a friend. I could not be HAPPIER that I did! From my trial, to the day of my wedding Rachel made me feel comfortable, relaxed and of course beautiful. She's not only a talented artist, but she has a genuine, sweet personality and truly cares deeply about the work she does. She listens closely to what you want, and spends a lot of time with you making sure you get the exact look you wanted. Ashley is also amazing! Every girl's updo or hairstyle for the wedding came out looking exactly like they had wanted or described! She worked with my natural curl and kept me looking like myself which I loved. Book these women NOW! You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing make up artist

I have known rachel since high school... middle school? Haha anyways she’s always been a nice fun girl, and seeing that she had a make up business I had to see what she could do. Now you can follow her on Instagram and see her work and it is AMAZING! I had to hire her to do the makeup for my girls and mother’s. On the day she arrived on time and had no trouble fitting in and chatting with everyone. No one felt awkward or nervous. Since I had a trial with her, I already knew how I wanted my makeup to look. If you’re still reading this review you should message her! She does amazing work and will change anything if you just ask!

Thank you Rachel for making me feel so beautiful on one of the most important days of my life!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Color Me Gorgeous 10
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 04/07/2019

Hall of Springs 04/07/2019

I originally chose Rachel because she was one of the few vendors that was attentive and responsive right away. She answered to my emails and gave me SO much information, and was so patient with me because I truly had no idea what I was doing.
    On the day of, she communicated about where she would be and at one time. She coordinated everything amongst the team and made my girls and I all feel flawless-- so that I could focus on the day that was happening in front of me, and not about how I looked or how my makeup with all the tears I couldn't help but shed that day. She also was very flexible and accommodating when I had family members that wanted to participate in hair and makeup last minute. Both she and Ashley are FANTASTIC. I could not recommend them more!

Sent on 05/25/2019
    Color Me Gorgeous 18
    Color Me Gorgeous 19
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 02/17/2019

Couldn’t have dreamt up a better wedding makeup service!

Rachel was simply amazing. She was so accommodating, informational and wonderful from trial to day of! My bridesmaids and I had stunning makeup from the second it was put on until the end of the night. Rachel is a true artist and a sweetheart. My 6 month old daughter was with me while I was getting ready and Rachel entertained her with mascara and brushes all while making me wedding ready! I truly felt beautiful when I looked at myself in the mirror. Thank you so much, Rachel. You made my day incredible!

Sent on 05/08/2019
    Color Me Gorgeous 20
    Color Me Gorgeous 21
    Color Me Gorgeous 22
    Color Me Gorgeous 23
  • F

Francesca · Married on 12/31/2018

Fun + Glamorous Ladies!

Rachel and Ashley did an amazing job! My bridesmaids and I spent half the limo ride talking about how much fun we had with them. My friends are all athletes, we do not wear much make up nor do our hair but R+A understood our limited vocabulary and made us all glamorous. The looks they created also had amazing staying power lasting through our very long wedding day. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • sara

sara · Married on 10/06/2018

Rachel is amazing!

I met Rachel through my sister. I needed a makeup artist two days before my engagement photos in Oct. 2017. With luck, she had a morning opening. She glammed me up for my photos (that day was scorching, and my makeup DID NOT BUDGE) and I booked her right then and there for my wedding day!!! My trial with her was fantastic! The day of the wedding, she came in and glammed up my squad! She laughed, sang, and had fun with us! You want to book someone who you can click with, have fun with, on the morning of your wedding when you are full of excitement and nerves! Rachel is your girl! She is incredibly talented, and I can go on and on about how I am looking for a new event to go to so I can book her again! Again, I cannot stress enough how amazing she is! Rachel, next occasion I need to be glammed, you are my girl! Thank you SO much for making me feel beautiful on my big day!!! xoxo Sara

Sent on 10/27/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Rachel and Hannah did such an amazing job! Not only is she extremely talented, but she was such a great person to work with and spend time with! Rachel made me and all of my girls feel and look so beautiful! She listened to what we all wanted and made sure that we were 100% happy with our makeup before leaving. Do not hesitate to book Color Me Gorgeous, you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Kerry · Married on 08/25/2018

It was SUCH a pleasure working with Rachel and the Color Me Gorgeous team both as a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding and for my own wedding. I have been in so many weddings and Rachel’s work is truly the best. She is extremely professional, personable, and truly the best makeup artist I’ve ever been to. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Jackie · Married on 07/07/2018

Rachel was absolutely AMAZING! I would not hesitate to hire her! Not only is she talented, but she listens and really cares about making your vision a reality. She is also so on point that you will feel completely stress free in the beauty department on your wedding day.

I will start this review by saying that I am VERY, very picky with makeup. After a bad trial with another makeup artist I was even thinking of doing my own makeup until I stumbled upon Rachel's Instagram and liked what I saw. Rachel was extremely easy to get in touch with and to set up a trial with, she also introduced me to a hair stylist (Olya of Glamour AGoGo) who was also amazing. I felt immediately at ease once I met Rachel, she really listened to what I wanted and explained each step of the makeup process, including all the different options that I could choose from (ie: foundation versus tinted moisturizer). I felt that I could really speak up about what I liked and wanted and she totally was onboard. She gave me some amazing skincare tips too. I felt comfortable with her and admired her professionalism; hiring her was a no brainer.

On the day of my wedding Rachel went above and beyond. She took her time on every single person and just did an amazing job. My friend who works in Hollywood and goes to events and gets her makeup done frequently, said her hair and makeup were the best she's ever had. When I sat down for Rachel to do my makeup she already intuitively knew all the decisions I wanted (For instance I chose a tinted moisturizer over foundation). She totally got me and my vibe, it was awesome. I also made a small makeup change from the trial- I wanted a bit of a Meghan Markle smokey eye and Rachel delivered. Getting ready was a really fun, stress free experience and I'm glad that Rachel and Olya are part of those memories. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. I only wish I had more events to go to where I needed my makeup done!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Erin · Married on 07/06/2018

Rachel and her team did SUCH an amazing job on not only my wedding day hair and makeup, but on all of my girls as well! I could not be any happier with how everything turned out. I have never felt so pretty in my life! My husband was crazy about the outcome too, and reminded me that I definitely had to leave a review for Color Me Gorgeous! Both my hair and makeup stayed in place and fresh all night long! If you’re in need of artists who are excellent at their craft and are actually passionate about what they do, don’t look anywhere else other than Color Me Gorgeous! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Christine · Married on 06/13/2018

Rachel was beyond amazing!!! Went above and beyond to make my day special!! For my daughter and me! Hair and makeup was perfect! And she reapplied whenever I needed!!! Also fixed my hair and my daughters hair went needed!! You are amazing inside and out Rachel!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Color Me Gorgeous 24
    Color Me Gorgeous 25
    Color Me Gorgeous 26
    Color Me Gorgeous 27
    Color Me Gorgeous 28

Christine · Married on 06/09/2018

Rachel Duncan and her team were absolutely amazing! Rachel and Ashley specifically did an absolutely breathtaking job, I am not exaggerating. Rachel’s sense of professionalism and her ability to make the hair and makeup aspect of my wedding completely stress free was nothing to undermine. Rachel was extremely flexible when it came to anything I needed to schedule including my hair and makeup bridal trial, my hair and makeup for engagement photos and finally the wedding day hair and makeup! I said to my husband after the wedding, “this is the first time I truly felt beautiful.” Rachel and Ashley were absolutely amazing and I know this won’t be the last time I utilize them for their services. You will not be disappointed!! Thank you Rachel, Ashley and the rest of your amazing team, you made me feel truly beautiful!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Color Me Gorgeous 29
    Color Me Gorgeous 30
    Color Me Gorgeous 31

Lori · Married on 06/03/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rachel! She is amazing, down to earth and knows her craft! I went into my appointment with Rachel just letting her do her thing and was NOT disappointed! I looked amazing, the most amazing i have ever looked. What was even better about it, I felt amazing too! She is so kind, personable and will make any nervous bride feel at ease. You would be so lucky to have this girl on your team for your special occasion!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2018

PERFECTION. If your goal is to become a princess, look no further. I cannot say enough about Rachel herself, and her work. She is professional, attentive, detail oriented, and wants to make your dream look come true. She was amazing to work with throughout the process: starting with my trial, and even being so patient with my mother and mother in law during their own trials. I haven't met another artist who elevates natural beauty in the way she does. I personally enjoy makeup and glam, and she is the BEST artist I have worked with, ever. The day of my wedding, she made all my bridesmaids look AMAZING, and she catered to what each girl wanted; whether it was FULL glam or a more natural look. And I myself have never felt so amazing in my own skin. Wedding makeup is something you want to pay attention to, because these photos are forever. I cannot wait to work with her in the future!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Lisa · Married on 05/12/2018

Rachel blew me away with my wedding make-up!! It was EVERYTHING I wanted it to be!! I spent a lot of time researching make-up artists in the area and as soon as I spoke to Rachel I knew she was a great fit for me. She is extremely passionate about her work and she is also a genuinely sweet person who wants the best for her clients on their wedding days. Out of all the vendors I worked with leading up to my wedding, Rachel was also the easiest to get in touch with. She was extremely responsive throughout the entire process. When I emailed her with a question, she would get back to me within minutes, often picking up the phone and calling me to explain lengthier responses. When I met Rachel for my trial, I learned JUST how talented she was. I LOVED my trial, but I have extremely sensitive eyes so I had some irritation afterwards as I often do when my eyes are touched a lot. On the day of my wedding, Rachel made changes accordingly and was SO careful around my eyes. I really appreciated the way she listened to my concern and did everything she could to make sure I would feel comfortable on my wedding day. The make-up that she did for all of my bridesmaids was absolutely incredible and the girls were so happy! She had all my bridesmaids looking like models. Beyond the make-up, Rachel was a calm, warm, positive presence on the morning of my big day. I really think that her wedding morning vibes set me and the girls up to have an amazing rest of the day. So, look no further and work with Rachel!!! Not only is she a talented artist, she will listen to what you want and will cater to the things that you need as an individual to make you happy on your big day!!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Belén · Married on 10/28/2017

Rachel is amazing. She has a huge heart and a passion for what she does, and that comes through in her make up. She did me up for a charity gala, since I wanted to see her skills before deciding who to use for my wedding, and I received tons of compliments for my make up. She was also very respectful of my wishes! I would 100% recommend her for any event, and will be using her for my own wedding.

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • 2brideSAMElove

Kristine · event on 10/22/2017

Where do you begin to talk about such a talented and beautiful soul like Rachel Duncan ? When I met Rachel in August I already had paid for my wedding day make up, she did my make up for the boudoir When I left that shoot, I felt so beautiful and had this pit in my stomach that I would regret it forever if she did not do my hair and make up for my big day, never thinking she would be available I reached out to her to ask if she would glam me up for my wedding, without hesitation she accepted and traveled free of charge to Lake George New York. In the weeks coming she stayed in communication with me ironing out the details of what I did and did not want etc. I live in DC so there was no time for a trial but it did not matter, I knew she would make me look nothing less then flawless. The day came and she arrived early with Stephanie and as always her vibrant and calming personality put an instant smile on my face, although a calm bride, the energy of everyone around me was to put it lightly... a lot! Despite the craziness of my family she made me feel beautiful and calmed me which is super important as a bride, she entertained everyones questions and input and ensured everyone that she would make everyone not only beautiful but their vision of beautiful, I never doubted it for a second but by the end of the morning everyone instantly saw why I made the last minute change... she is not only a master at her craft but one of the best souls I have had the pleasure of meeting through this wedding journey. To top it all off, she stayed through my first look to fix any make up issues and Stephanie did three hair changes for me to give me just a slight change through the morning first look and ceremony.... Rachel, Thank you will never be enough and I am so lucky to have found you. Thank you for everything you did for me over the last few months, on my wedding day, for putting up with my family and for becoming a friend. You are truly one of a kind. xo

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • 2brideSAMElove

Kristine · Married on 10/22/2017

Where do I begin!? I met Rachel and her glam crew at my bourdier shoot (my wedding gift to my fiancé) I instantly felt at ease with her immense knowledge base, calm demeanor and positivity. As someone who is very laid back does not wear a lot of make up on the day to day I felt I was in great hands when I told Rachel to take it away, she really listen to learn more about who I was before starting ... And sure enough she make me look GORGEOUS and authentically me! Although I don't wear alot of make up, you know good brands and you know variety, Rachel came fully prepared with high quality products and it was clear that she only invested in the best for her clients, and I felt it although rocking a smoky eye and lashes for this sexy shoot my make was not heavy or thick... as if being an expert in all things make was not enough she invested herself into my overall look and stayed with me to touch up my make up and highlight all the right parts! My wedding is a month away and although I already have a make up artist, I left feeling my wedding would not be complete without Rachel so I called her and asked if she was available to do just me for my wedding... knowing she would only be doing me she excitedly agreed to come to my Sunday Wedding to ensure I felt beautiful... if you haven't already, book color me gorgeous, as a bride you want someone who is invested in you, knows their craft and is all-around a fun person to be around on you big day. that is only the start of what you will get with Rachel and her team! Thanks again for everything Rachel, see you in October!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2017

I normally do not wear a lot of make up. For my wedding day I wanted my makeup and my bridal party's makeup natural looking and she nailed it. Rachel is amazing. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/09/2017