Colonial Heritage Club Reviews

95 | Williamsburg, VA

95 Reviews for Colonial Heritage Club

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2021

Making life for a corona bride easy

Update:

My husband and I had the best wedding of all time, no surprise. Through a year of pandemic replanning, Corey and Cathy made my life easier than I could’ve asked. Everything looked absolutely beautiful. Guests raved about the venue’s beauty, their awesome food and our wonderful bartender. Cathy went the extra mile and made us special bar signage that was so uniquely us. I cannot thank Colonial Heritage enough for all they did for us. Thank you, Corey and Cathy, for making the start to this next chapter of our lives so memorable!

======
    I was supposed to get married at Colonial Heritage Club on 5/23/20, but had to postpone until 5/29/21 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

I was dreading making changes. I had heard horror stories from brides across the country about having to re-plan their weddings. Many had their venues up-charge them just to move the wedding (in the middle of a pandemic, mind you).

Luckily for me, Cathy and the staff at Colonial Heritage Club made my life so easy. They were so understanding and accommodating. It only took two emails and my new wedding was on their books. It was a breeze.

I couldn’t ask for a better venue to work with and I’m very much looking forward to my wedding at Colonial Heritage Club next year!

Sent on 04/04/2020

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are looking forward to keeping your party going and having your dream day with us!
    We are SOO happy to accommodate and glad we could make it easy for you! Counting down the days to your new DREAM DAY!!!

Leighann · Married on 11/07/2020

Fantastic!

Colonial Heritage was the perfect location for our wedding day. Our ceremony was held outside behind the clubhouse overlooking the 18th hole and pond with a fountain. It was absolutely beautiful. We were able to utilize the entire veranda and deck area for our cocktail hour, which was perfect! Our reception was located in the ballroom where we had plenty of space for dancing, which was important to us! The staff (especially Corey) did an amazing job and everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Colonial Heritage for the perfect wedding location!

Sent on 12/06/2020

Lauren M. · Married on 09/26/2020

September 2020 wedding

10/10 would recommend this venue and staff! Corey and Cathy made it such an easy experience for this bride. Very stress free. If any questions, concerns, or help with anything (even outside of the venue) Corey and Cathy give 100% effort to help in any way. I was able to get married during a pandemic stress free! My guest are still raving about the food and the fun they had.

Sent on 12/01/2020

Austin Y. · Married on 08/23/2020

Ease and Worry-free

Corey here at the club makes everything smooth sailing! I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wedding, but is nervous about the planning. In barely 3 months we were able to get an amazing ceremony and reception executed!

Sent on 08/29/2020
  • F

Francisco C. · Married on 08/23/2020

Great Venue

Corey and Catherine were the right pair to handle my daughter's wedding. With the state going back into Phase 2 they were on top, and we were updated daily on the happenings with the venue. Very flexible and worked with us to manage the people place, and decorations. We are really glad we picked Colonial Williamsburg for the wedding. Thank you Corey and Catherine for everything.

Sent on 08/29/2020

Michelle H. · Married on 08/08/2020

Corey Pollach and Kathy provide awesome service!

The venue is gorgeous, the food guests are still raving on how delicious it was. It is so beautiful there. Cory and Kathy are highly professional and will create the wedding of your dreams!!!

Sent on 08/22/2020
  • Bob

Bob K. · Married on 08/07/2020

Amazing team & place to have a wedding

As a COVID MOB that had to move a wedding in 3 weeks the team at Colonial was a dream team. Their professionalism and response time was spot on. I never had a text or email not responded to in a timely manner and the day of the ceremony they were fantastic to notice every detail that needed taken care of. One of those details was knowing right where a box was that held the missing marriage license. From the Thursday night rehearsal to the Friday night wedding the team was always there for us and were friendly and professional. We could not of pulled this wedding off without Corey and his team! I would recommend Colonial to anyone that is holding a wedding and reception. The food was outstanding and served in a timely manner. The bridal room was very nice and had great servers checking in on us and the groomsmen loved being able to relax in the game room. Both rooms were great for photos before the wedding.The team and the venue made for the perfect place for the wedding and reception. And the photo's that Corey suggests are great!

Sent on 07/08/2020

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Thank you so much Khristy! You and Connor and Karli were AMAZING TO WORK WITH! Thank you so much for your kind words! And HAPPY FOREVER AFTER TO THE BEAUTIFUL COUPLE!
  • Samantha

Samantha F. · Married on 05/30/2020

Absolutely fantastic and beautiful!

Colonial Heritage Club absolutely helped deliver our DREAM wedding. Corey & staff were so helpful throughout the entire process, from having to reschedule to helping us with every tiny detail. The staff was phenomenal and went above and beyond to help us throughout the entire day. It’s an absolutely beautiful place to get married and you have the most helpful people standing by your side the entire time. Highly, HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • nikki

Nicola · Married on 11/01/2019

Dream do come true her.stacy and her team say their directors of happiness.but they are dream makers !!!!@

Stacy and her dream team say their directors of happiness. They made my wedding magical. They were so easy to work with. Even when we had to change our wedding date. I love this place will definitely use them again

Sent on 11/05/2019

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Thank you so much Nikki! I truly enjoyed working with you and John and became very attached with you both. I am glad you were happy with your day and I hope to keep in touch! I wish you much love and happiness for many years to come.

Stacy · Married on 10/05/2019

This venue is the best!

Stacy, Jose, and Cathy were Amazing! We had such a great time at our wedding at Colonial Heritage Club. Stacy was very responsive the year prior to the wedding and was always very helpful! The day of the wedding they all helped set up our decorations that we brought. They also made sure to check on us frequently to make sure we were ok. Anything we needed they took care of for us! I lost the prayer I wanted my grandma to read so Stacy quickly had me send it to her and she printed it in a large font for my grandma to be able to read! They made me feel comfortable and as stress free as possible. Thank you all for making our day so special!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Hi Stacy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely enjoyed working with you, Jake and your family. Please keep in touch with us - you are already missed!

Joan A. · Married on 08/12/2019

A fabulous experience from beginning to end!

The moment we met Stacy and the staff at Colonial Heritage, we knew that there couldn't be a better place to have our wedding! They were so professional, but never forgot to treat us like family! Every detail was handled flawlessly. I truly couldn't imagine that any other venue could match the experience that Colonial Heritage provided. The setting is breathtaking both inside and out, and our guests were in awe!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Connie · Married on 05/25/2019

Every Dream Came True at Colonial Heritage

Every couple has a vision of what their special day will look like. Thanks to Colonial Heritage, every moment in our vision came true. Each staff member was 100% on-board and open to my new, and sometimes challenging ideas. The facility offers multiple rooms to help cater to each type of guest, and a expansive overlook of the grassy, golf course knolls. The facility was even built for the sun to set behind it. Amazing!
    This is a stunning facility with enough grandeur to please the pickiest guest. Event planners were over-the-top amazing, promptly emailing over the months of planning with helpful resources, and ensuring all of our guests were comforted on our special day. Specifically, without prompting, CHC staff seated the elderly guests and hand-served cocktail hour appetizers. Multiple store runs and mimosas later, we certainly had found people that dearly love what they do. Throughout the evening, I was kept updated that every little item on my wish list was being checked off. The servers and security team also supported our special day with top notch service – checking off guest lists and maintaining large smiles throughout the evening. The highlight of everyone’s evening were the crab balls and steak. The chef prepared every plate as beautifully as our tasting dinner that we had months before.
    The only thing left unchecked is the date for our next event at Colonial Heritage Club!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

It was an honor to serve you Connie and I am so glad you were pleased with everything. YOUR amazing vision came true.
    We wish you all the best in more love, laughter and memories for another 20+ years. Please keep in touch with us!
  • Tori

Tori C. · Married on 05/25/2019

Best day ever!

There aren't enough thank you's in the universe for Stacy and her team. Our wedding day went perfectly because of everyone at Colonial Heritage. Stacy and Cathy took care of the logistics, Jose made sure our setup was just right, Vonnie made sure me and my bridesmaids were well taken care of (she was practically one of my bridesmaids by the end of the night). Our bartender was amazing. Everyone joined in for a dance or two at the reception. Seriously - they make you feel like family. If you're lucky enough to have an event here I know you won't regret it.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Awe! Tori and Rob - you will always be so special to us. We did become part of your family and we hope to stay in touch! MUCH LOVE ~Stacy and Team

Sophia · Married on 05/18/2019

Colonial Heritage was amazing!

I would highly recommend Colonial Heritage! The food was amazing, the staff was professional and so helpful and they ensured my day was perfect!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sophia. You were fabulous to work with and absolutely stunning!
  • Kiana

Kiana · Married on 03/24/2019

Best day ever at the best venue ever!!

What an amazing venue! Our wedding was March 24 and it was the best day ever. The landscaping was gorgeous, the spiral staircase, breathtaking ballroom, and beautiful outdoor patio area with a view blew our guests away. We had the pleasure of working with Stacy and Ashley who were fantastic. Stacy really worked with us in creating an amazing day that still stuck within our budget. The included mimosa bars while the gals and guys got ready was a sweet man treat! (Oh and the free round of golf for 4) The food wasn’t AMAZING!! I still have friends and family telling me about how tasty it was. For food the venue provided a large selection to choose from. I loved that we were able to bring in our own vendors for everything else. We live in Virginia Beach and had no problem having our guests drive the distance for this location. I secretly hope one of our engaged friends choose to get married here too so we have an excuses to go back!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Dearest Kiana,
    Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review. You were an absolute joy to work with (never felt like work!), and we are so pleased that you and Connor had the wedding day you always imagined! YES, please do come back soon with friends and family!
  • Michela

Michela A. · Married on 03/23/2019

Absolutely Magical

We had our wedding last weekend (3/23) and I have had my venue picked out for almost 8 months. I knew this venue was going to be perfect from the moment I walked in. This venue was absolutely beautiful! from the spiral staircase, the the gazebo, to the reception hall. It was breathtaking to see this place and know that I would be getting married here. I was greeted by Stacy, who has an amazing and caring personality. She went above and beyond the entire time to make sure that everything was in place for our wedding day. Ashley came on board later in our planning process and was just as nice and outstanding. They both made sure Tony and I had everything we needed.

Stacy allowed us to create our own custom menu that fit my family better. They allowed us to come the night before to drop off all of our decorations and come early the day of the wedding to start getting ready. I was impressed with how organized they were. We only had one very small miscommunication throughout the entire process. Yes, only one, can you believe that, and they EASILY corrected the issue with no problem at all. This was such a relief that we were always on the same page. Even the morning of the wedding, Stacey was outside setting up all of our decorations, by herself, before the rest of the staff got there. I don't know how I could have done all of this without them. Ashley made sure we had drinks in our hands the entire time so that we also enjoyed our wedding.

After reading a lot of reviews from various sites, the one complaint that kept popping up was lost decorations. I can tell you from my experience, this is NOT the case. I was a DIY bride so my decorations were very precious to me. Yes, you will not get all of your decorations back right away and this is because it takes time to collect everything, just like it takes time so set up everything. The staff gathered all of our leftover decorations and stored them inside the office. Any other decorations were easily found and returned to me with no issues. Ashley even took time out of her busy day to help us get items from our ceremony. So, do NOT worry about lost decorations. Just ask and they will gladly find it for you! Trust me, they have plenty of decorations, they don't want to hang on to yours, too.

I really cannot say enough about this venue. They worked so well with our vendors. They made sure each and every one knew exactly where to be and at what time. I am so grateful to have had these ladies by my side, not just being the coordinators, but being my photographer, hair stylists, officiant, decorator, and just being there when I needed to chat. Thank you so much! I hope that we can continue to stay in touch.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Arri D. · Married on 11/10/2018

I'll always choose them!

What an amazing experience I had! They were really accommodating for my wedding and very professional. I had a lot of guests and all my guests told me how much fun they had at the wedding and how much they enjoyed the food. Some of my guests were even surprise-guests but Stacy and Laura handled it so well that I barely noticed that there had been a change! The food was quite amazing and the service was quick! The room we rented was huge and you can even customize the lights for your event! They worked well to provide food for my photographers, videographer and DJ. As for the money, they are definitely worth every penny and great for large or small weddings if you're on a budget. Other places in WBG and CW were so expensive and for less of the space! But Colonia Heritage gave us a large room for half the price as the other locations! I'll always choose them!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Hi Arri,

Thank you so much for choosing Colonial Heritage for your special day. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your Mom. Your day did turn out spectacular and you were beyond gorgeous on your day! Congratulations to you and Kyle. We wish you may years of happiness together.
  • Merecede

Merecede · Married on 11/03/2018

Stacy, Laura & the entire staff: everything was perfect

The dream team! The entire staff worked together with our vendors to make our dream come true. We had a few hiccups down the road, but everything turned out better than we could have ever imagined. We can’t thank you guys enough for such an amazing day.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Magdalena · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding on 10/20/2018

We decided to have our wedding at Colonial Heritage Club and it was one of the best decisions we made. The staff was wonderful. They made sure every need was met on the day of our wedding. They are flexible and professional. The price is reasonable and food was delicious! Everybody has a blast. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words Magdalena. You and Dillon were a delight to work with and we enjoyed being a part of your beautiful day. I am so pleased that you were happy with everything.

Thema · Married on 09/22/2018

Stacy at Colonial Heritage Club was a joy to work with for our wedding venue. She was one of our vendors for the Connections for Weddings "A Salute to A Star Among Stars" Military Wedding Giveaway. Very professional and super accommodating. She and the staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day special. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue…both inside and out. I would highly recommend Colonial Heritage Club if you’re looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Megan · Married on 05/20/2018

I absolutely loved working with Stacy at Colonial Heritage! She was awesome and helped iron out all of the issues that occurred. You can tell she has been doing this job for a very long time. Her professionalism was very refreshing. The venue itself is gorgeous for either an indoor or outdoor wedding. The food and service was excellent as well. I would highly recommend this venue and staff for any sort of event you have planned.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Kris · Married on 05/19/2018

We just got married on 5/19/18, and we are so impressed with Stacy and the rest of the team at colonial heritage! They were super accommodating and flexible, and gave us a great wedding! Despite having a few medical emergencies (unrelated to colonial heritage of course) during our reception, the staff never blinked! Stacy even boxed up meals for the family going to the hospital, and all the wait staff were very responsive and helpful. Stacy’s experience and adeptness at her job really made the day work.

Thank you colonial heritage!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2018

Gorgeous venue and Stacy and Jose are GREAT!! Everything was taken care of and the day was PERFECT!! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Elaine · Married on 05/11/2018

I do not understand why this venue does not have a perfect 5.0 rating because it definitely deserves so! Stacy, Jose, and everyone else who worked with us from day one to the big day were FANTABULOUS! My husband and I loved the place, the service, the staff, the professionalism, the quality of the food, and of course, the director of happiness - Stacy Krick. She's overflowing with energy and charm. Every time we visit the venue prior to the wedding, we look forward to seeing her and planning every detail of the big day. She makes such a difference to the whole planning experience. The picture attached below is the first time I met with Stacy. She was giving us a tour and ... well the picture says it all. Colonial Heritage Golf Club is a stunning place to get married at. The ballroom is very spacious and elegant. We had an outdoor wedding ceremony at the knoll and had about 200 guests for a reception at the ballroom. The place did not even need much decorations because it is beautiful enough on its own. This venue is definitely worth every penny. My husband and I have looked into other venues to compare but Colonial Heritage is surely the best for its price and service. What makes this place different from everywhere else is the feeling of warmth and comfort from the beginning and all throughout the process. Everyone we worked with were very attentive to detail, very professional, very friendly, and very flexible. They will all work with the bride and groom to guarantee a memorable wedding. The food and drinks were amazing! We had a buffet dinner service with an ice cream and cookie bar for dessert - best idea ever. I can go on an on about everything that happened on our big day but there's not a single negative thing that I can think of. If you're reading this and still deciding on a venue, this is the place!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Oh my goodness! You are so amazing Elaine and LJ. I can't say enough what a pleasure it was working with you. Everyone one of our meetings was full of fun and laughter and that carried through your entire day - pure joy and happiness! I am glad we stay in touch and hope to have an opportunity to plan another special event together with you. You know I sincerely wish you nothing but the best for you and your family. XOXOXO

Valerie · Married on 03/03/2018

We chose Colonial Heritage for our daughter's wedding and I am so glad we did! Stacy Krick, Director of Happiness, provided excellent recommendations and well thought out advice throughout the entire process. Her professionalism, experience and great taste are an amazing combination for wedding coordination! Stacy works and communicates well with her staff, ensuring attention to detail in every aspect from table setup, to delicious appetizers and meals, to keeping the newlyweds on their timeline track. She loves what she does - and it shows. I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to seriously consider Colonial Heritage for your wedding venue! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Colonial Heritage Club's reply:

Oh Miss Valerie, You all were so much fun to work with and we are so glad you were pleased with everything for Whitney and Henry's special day. They had me in tears on several occasions! We couldn't be more happy for the families joining with such love. We hope you keep in touch!