Coastside Couture Reviews

80 Reviews for Coastside Couture

Coastside Couture 1
Coastside Couture 2

Alexandra · Married on 10/27/2018

Efficient, strong wedding planners!

These ladies are absolute BOSSES when it comes to wedding planning. We chose them because we liked how direct and honest they were with us about everything from our budget to our vendor choices to the actual day-of execution. Our venue presented some tough logistical challenges and the Coastside ladies handled it with grace and skill.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Seth · Married on 08/05/2018

Okay, so after our wedding, my wife and I are basically ready to move to California and try to become best friends with Karissa. She and her team (Liz was the one we worked with most) were just amazing, from start to finish. First off, they are exceptionally responsive and on top of things, which is not very common for Santa Cruz. Second, they completely got what we were going for, and all of their vendor suggestions were perfect. We literally did not have to talk to a second option for any vendor, and every single one delivered exactly what we had hoped for. Our wedding was absolutely amazing.

I could not more highly recommend Karissa, Liz, and the team at Coastside Couture. Our only regret is that we don't get to keep working with them.

Suzy · Married on 08/05/2018

If you are looking for Central Coast wedding planners - look no further. We were planning a wedding cross country near where I grew up, and wanted a team on the ground locally who knew how to manage the locals, knew the best vendors, and had experience in the area. We loved working with Coastside - They had the best vendor recommendations (I want to grow up to be our florist, Amanda), gave us constant reassurance or support if we ever had questions or issues, and were generally all around fun people. We did the mini - we only needed them the day of the wedding and the planning support, but had family and friends help with things like gift bags. So worth it. They fixed problems for us (like getting us an exemption from the mandatory tent policy at our venue), gave us great ideas (like table linens, because I do not understand table linens) and made our wedding day spectacular by managing all the moving pieces, large families, and even fixing the bustle on my dress during the dance party. This team was everything we had hoped for and more. I miss working with them already!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2018

We had a great experience with Coastside Couture. This was the first wedding in my family so my mom and I didn't know what to expect. Even during the times that we didn't know what they were working on, they were always on top of even the smallest details. They made my job very easy and laid out options clearly and concisely. I loved the Aisle Planner website. It was incredibly helpful and kept us all on task. The only area I would note is I wish we had a weekly or even bi-weekly recap email of what they were working on and what we needed to tackle the following week. It would have helped me keep my to-do list better organized and I would have known what was more time sensitive. Overall, amazing experience and the wedding far surpassed our expectations. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator.

carolyn · Married on 07/14/2018

The Coastside Couture team is simply the best! They were so creative yet highly organized. They listened to our wants and needs and transformed our thoughts into reality. We were planning a destination wedding and there were alot of moving parts to come together--Heidi, Karissa, and Elizabeth executed to perfection! The greatest compliment I can give is what my daughter said to me as she was leaving--"we (meaning the entire team) nailed it!" A happy bride says it all!

Sent on 08/24/2018
    Coastside Couture 3
    Coastside Couture 4

Fallon · Married on 07/14/2018

Gals were great to work with for our event. I highly recommend them. All events went smoothly.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Phil · Married on 06/16/2018

Although I was reluctant to use a planner, it turned out to be a life saver. Karissa and her staff attended every detail in a professional yet personal manner and I couldn't have been more pleased with their service!

Sara · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Karissa, Heidi, Liz and the whole Coastside team! They completely took the stress out of planning a wedding from across the country, and were extremely enjoyable to work with throughout the entire planning process! Friends and family are still talking about our big day even months later… and it definitely would not have been possible without Coastside Couture. They helped us pick an AMAZING vendor team, were always responsive, and very low stress. We were in amazing hands with them, and did not have to think about a thing the day of - they had everything handled, and the wedding weekend went off without a hitch! We absolutely loved working with them and would hands down recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome wedding planner in the area.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Roy · Married on 10/08/2016

This has taken longer to write than expected. We have both been challenged to put into words how important Coastside Couture and Karissa were to our wedding.

TL;DR version - amazing company. amazing person. highly recommended

Longer version - We very early on decided that we didn’t want to have friends coordinate any of the “day of” portion of the wedding, our idea was that it was a day of celebration and fun for us and all of our family and friends. That started us on our path to find a wedding planner. What sealed the deal was realizing that neither of us had any idea who to call for table linens. Also, people start asking you “what are your colors” really soon after the engagement. Really soon.

To the internet! And yep, it was a random cold email that led us to Coastside Couture. It was instantly like talking to someone we’d known for a long time, laughing, joking and having fun. So we dove in and went with a wedding planner, and it was one of the best decisions we made.

Karissa was there to answer our questions. She was there when we had no idea what was going on. She was there when we knew exactly what we wanted to do, even if it made no sense. And she would make us think through our nonsense to make sure it was what we wanted. She pointed us to people we never would have found on our own. Vendors who matched both our personality and our aesthetic.

Everyone we encountered at Coastside made sure that every detail was paid attention to. And those details were noticed. Maybe not by everyone but by the people that they mattered to, they were noticed and appreciated.

I told you this was the long version, but I’ll wrap it up. Working with Coastside Couture, working with Karissa...made planning our wedding fun. We had a blast. The wedding itself, couldn’t have been more perfect for us. It was exactly what we had envisioned. Except, we ended up having one of our friends coordinating after all. She is the best.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Hillary · Married on 09/17/2016

Coastide Couture saved my butt! I am not a very organized person, so the wedding planning became very overwhelming for me. My sister asked her friends on Facebook for coordinator reccomendations for me, and someone highly suggested Coastside Couture to us.
    Aside from being a little unorganized, I'm incredibly shy and awkward! Somehow, the wedding gods were watching and they knew that I needed an incredible coordinator...like Karissa! She. Is. AMAZING!!!!! She has an awesome energy, makes you feel like you don't have anything to worry about, is so good at what she does, and it is clear she loves to do it! She even makes a few appearances in my wedding video, it's so special! She made my September wedding at Rancho Don Bosco, in Santa Cruz, play out beautifully. She cleaned my dress, fixed my train (over and over), and fixed an issue that occurred with another vendor. Literally blew my mind, and my husband's. We will be forever grateful for her efforts before and during (and after!) the wedding. Heidi, the other owner and Karissa are seriously good at what they do. Book them now!!!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2016

Heidi at Coastside Couture was the planner for our wedding in August 2016 at Gardener Ranch (Carmel Valley, CA). We hired Coastside under the "Petite Planning" option. Simply put, we had the most incredible experience planning our wedding with Heidi and the Coastside team. At the end of the day, Heidi and the whole Coastside team did an absolutely wonderful job helping us plan our wedding and lending their expertise and strong reputation in the wedding business around the Monterey / Carmel / Santa Cruz-regions. Heidi listened to our vision for our wedding and helped it become a reality. Our wedding day was executed flawlessly thanks to Coastside working tirelessly behind the scenes.

After our wedding we even felt a tinge of sadness because it marked the end of our time working with Heidi and the Coastside team. Planning a wedding with Coastside was one of the most fun and memorable experiences my then-fiancé and I had ever had. With so much focus on making our wedding the most memorable day of our lives, we hadn't even realized that Heidi, Kayla, and Coastside had also made the wedding planning process the most memorable year-and-a-half in our lives.

For more details on our awesome experience with Heidi & the ladies of Coastside, see our full review here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/coastside-couture-santa-cruz-2?hrid=iGV9UMZ7NRTRkEFS5fDAfA

Sent on 08/25/2016

Sheree · Married on 06/05/2016

My husband and I used Heidi and the Coastside Couture team to help plan our Holman Ranch, Carmel Valley wedding this past June. We live in the SF Bay Area so Carmel Valley still felt like a mini-destination wedding for us. Heidi and her team gave us vendor recommendations as well as secured all of our vendor contracts. I never had to worry about overpaying or overspending since Heidi always kept a close eye on our budget. Every vendor Heidi recommended felt like we were building a Dream Team.

During our first design meeting, Heidi proved how quickly she understood our vision for the big day. Even with my very involved and opinionated parents, Heidi and her team found a way to really satisfy all of our wishes. After our first meeting, I knew I never had to worry about the details. Heidi and her team are total experts and proved how detail oriented and organized they are throughout the entire process.

It is hard to express in words how much I appreciate all of the work Heidi and the entire Coastside Couture team did to make our wedding absolutely perfect. Not only did the entire planning process feel seamless with this team, but any time I felt even a morsel of stress Heidi was quick to calm me down and take the reigns. By the time our wedding day came around, this team of women had become part of our family. I cannot thank them enough for creating and managing such a special day. These women are experts and carry out their work with personality, love, and class every step of the way.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Anne · Married on 05/07/2016

I was so happy to have Coastside Couture/Lucky U as my planning team for my wedding. My mom and I had done a lot of work leading up to point when they came on board for the month of, but I was so grateful for all that they took over in those last few weeks. I had such piece of mind knowing that every contract was double checked and that they would correspond with all of the vendors from then on out. Additionally there were some final tweaks and adjustments that we were able to make to the decor because of their expertise (even saved some money as a result!). Katie was our day of gal and I couldn't have asked for anyone better!! Not only is she so fun to be around (SO important on that day!) but she pulled off getting the last minute tent that we needed due to rain. She took on a lot in those final days and was always extremely calm and reassuring that it would all work out. It was truly like having a friend taking care of everything which made the entire day so enjoyable! I just wish I had a reason to work with her again!

Sent on 10/07/2016

The ladies of Coastside are so amazing. I found working with Karissa to be so much fun. Not only was she professional, but she’s extremely detail orientated and truly listens to you. I worked long hours leading up to my wedding, and trusted her opinion and decisions to help add little last minute details to what we needed to our big day, and to pick up the slack in items I was lacking. She gave great recommendations on how to make every little detail pop and ensure our guests had a great time. Throughout the wedding day and night, the entire Coastside team was there to help my family and were so supportive in whatever request was asked upon them. Heidi and Karissa are true wedding designers and take your vision and help make it come true. They work diligently and don't finish until every guest and vendor has left and every present has been stashed away. Our day wouldn’t have been half as special without the ladies of Coastside and I absolutely appreciate all their help.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Heidi and Kayla at Coastside Couture truly made my entire wedding possible! They work with amazing vendors and offer all kinds of options for anything you're looking for. They are also great at finding little ways to save money that really add up! When I had inevitable issues in the planning process, Heidi swooped in and saved the day every time. I will always be thankful for the amazing day we had thanks to this team!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Chelsea · Married on 08/29/2015

Karissa at Coastside Couture was an absolute DREAM come true. From the second she showed up until the very last post wedding detail, she put me at ease. Her bubbly spirit and kind personality was the perfect ingredient to making my wedding day absolutely perfect! She organized timelines with all of my vendors and her team even fixed a guest's ripped pants during the reception! The professionalism I observed did not go unnoticed. Best of all, I could tell that Karissa truly loves what she does and it showed, it shined even! I don't know what I would have done had Karissa and team not been there. I hope to have the pleasure of working with Coastside Couture again in the future.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/08/2015

When we decided to have our wedding in Big Sur, CA, we thought we should look into hiring a wedding planner, since we live in San Francisco and weren't familiar with any vendors in the Big Sur area.

I did a bunch of research and reached out to Coastside Couture. After my first call with Karissa I was sold, but I still had to convince my husband...

He quickly realized the importance of a wedding planner as we started to deal with hundreds of tiny wedding details. Such as selecting and hiring vendors (Coastside has a wonderful list of awesome vendors), picking out rentals, coordinating the wedding weekend timeline, and countless communication with our vendors, some of which were not the most responsive.

Karissa and her team were always very professional and handled everything and everyone perfectly. She has a wonderful ability of really getting to know the couple and feels more like a friend and mentor than just another wedding vendor.

The day of the wedding, Karissa and Sonia outdid themselves and I was stunned when I walked into the reception venue after the ceremony. The transformation they achieved was beyond anything I had imagined and was absolutely beautiful. We received so many compliments throughout the evening about how it was the best wedding our guests had been to, and I think that is all due to the hard work and dedication of our friends at Coastside Couture. They took my vague, eclectic vision and turned it into something beautiful and unforgettable.

If you are on the fence about hiring a planner, I would 100% recommend doing it, because it was the best hiring decision we made for our wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Francesca · Married on 05/17/2015

Even the most organized brides need some level of outside wedding coordination. I hired Coastside Couture for month-of coordination and it was worth every penny. If you didn't budget for wedding coordination, you need to now! Having the Coastside Couture team on my wedding day allowed me to relax and enjoy the day without worrying about vendors, timelines, etc. You should book Coastside Couture before someone else takes your wedding date!

Sent on 05/25/2015
  • User3620903 · 2+ years ago

We had Sonia as our "month-of coordinator" and she did a wonderful job. We are so grateful for all that she did for us leading up to and on our wedding day. She and her assistant Kayla took care of everything on the day and we didn't have to worry about anything -- and if they hadn't been there, I would have been a mess! (Wondering if the setup details were right, if vendors had arrived and had what they needed, obsessing about the timing of everything, and worrying about a million other little details.) It really made it so we could enjoy the day and really soak in every moment of our wedding and reception. Plus, she had the most calming, lovely presence on the day. My family loved her. Our wedding was truly perfect and we can't thank her enough.

Sonia helped us so much during the month of our wedding as well -- she provided layout suggestions for our rather untraditional venue (which was SO helpful, because she knew what would work) and made excellent diagrams and a comprehensive timeline for all our vendors. She coordinated everything and was always super responsive to emails and phone calls.

Hiring Coastside Couture was definitely one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process -- they are absolutely worth every penny, and the peace of mind they provide you on such an important day (and the weeks leading up to it) is just priceless. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Frank · Married on 08/08/2014

Words cannot begin to express how much we appreciate everything that Karissa, Kayla, and the rest of the Coastside Couture team have done to make our wedding so special. We wanted an intimate, coastside, rustic chic wedding at a private estate. Karissa carried out our vision from finding our dream venue to helping us assemble a group of wonderful vendors. We were so moved by how she poured her heart and soul into every detail of our wedding day. I have so many wonderful memories of not only our wedding day, but also the journey that lead up to the day with her that I’ll treasure for a lifetime. She is an amazingly gifted planner and even more incredible person. We cannot recommend Karissa highly enough!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Kristin · Married on 04/05/2014

Heidi and her team are absolutely amazing! Honestly, I can not say enough great things about them! When my fiance and I started planning our wedding we really weren't sure what we were looking for or how we were going to pull off such a big event. Hiring Heidi and Coastside Couture was the best decision we made. From our very first meeting to the actual wedding day, she was by our side-- answering any questions, providing advice, offering suggestions, helping us get creative-- she made sure everything was smooth and flawless. On the actual wedding day, she was with us the entire time- everything was set up more perfectly than I ever could have imagined-- I truly was able to relax and enjoy my day because of Heidi! She made sure our vendors were in the right places at the right time, she made sure our families were taken care of, my fiance and I were taken care of, and that the guests knew where to go and when to go! If you are thinking about hiring a wedding planner, I say it is an absolutely must and Heidi is your gal! I can't thank Heidi enough for everything she has done for us!!
    Best,
    Kristin and Jason

Sent on 04/18/2014

Kristin · Married on 09/14/2013

We are so grateful for all that Karissa and her team did to make such an important day so perfect! From the planning, organizing and decorations we could not have asked for more! Not to mention keeping everyone sain the day of! I would highly recommend Coastside Couture, Karissa, Heidi and thier team!
    Words straight from the father of the bride..."Karissa was worth every penny!"

Sent on 10/29/2013

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2013

There were many reasons why we initially chose Karissa. Firstly, she had great energy. Secondly, she has great resources & a can-do attitude about everything. She will make things happen. She will embrace your vision & be realistic about how to make it all work. Because of that, I felt I could trust her. It was obvious to me from the get-go that she knew her stuff. She also knows her vendors & has great relationships with them. That part is huge, & will matter down the road. When questions come up (& there will be so many questions as you go), she either can easily access these people to discuss the details with them, or can answer them herself, because she knows these people very well. And the last initial reason we chose her was because she is very flexible when it comes to budget. She can plan a high-end wedding to perfection (I know because I've seen photos), or take a middle of the road budget like my own & make it look like a million bucks. Even her smaller budget weddings look amazing. She can work with any budget and will listen to what's of utmost importance & produce a flawless wedding. Now that it's all said and done, I am so grateful we had her. Not only did she stick to her word, & prove to be all the things I believed she was upon first impression, she did it all while going into a very early labor. She remained the same high-energy person, even emailing me from the hospital. That’s dedication. I honestly couldn't recommend her more. Most important, is the wedding day itself. I am still impressed by the way she handled everything. She had everything covered & didn’t miss a single beat. Not only did she make things happen seamlessly, she was calm about it all. This set the tone for all of us. I was so surprisingly calm the day-of, as was my groom and family. I credit Karissa for that. She was more than I expected in a planner & best decision we made throughout the process.

Sent on 01/22/2014

I can not say enough about how wonderful Heidi and her team at Coastside Couture were leading up to and on the day/s (rehearsal too!) of our wedding. We contracted Coastside Couture as "Day-of" -- which they accurately refer to as "Month-Of" coordination. I am not a planner, DIY-er, crafter or detail-er, nor am I good with time-management, but despite all this, I had a very strong vision (thanks to StyleMePretty, pinterest and too many wedding blogs) of how I wanted our wedding to be, and Heidi made it happen and executed it absolutely perfectly - even with my fumbling descriptions, inexperience with event-planning and only a few pinterest boards to go on! The day of the wedding was the most magical my now-husband and I have ever experienced, and everything flowed beautifully and seamlessly - I never felt rushed or frantic, and everything just seemed to pop up where I'd wanted it and flowed perfectly. And thanks to her and her team, my groom and I also always had water or drink of choice in-hand, and they were always one step ahead of anything we needed or wanted. I'm happy to share pictures and more detailed description of how amazing she and here team are - absolutely the best budget spend and best decision made on our wedding!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/24/2013

We LOVED working with Karissa for our wedding - she made planning easy and we were able to enjoy our big day without worry. We originally hadn't wanted a wedding planner - I'm very organized and we booked our venue and caterer on our own - but our families encouraged us to look and we are SO GLAD that we did! Karissa worked with us to create a custom package and we feel like she went above and beyond for us. Leading up to the wedding she was easy to get in touch with, helped us with logistics, and had some great design ideas. She took care of any snags on the day of, and I was a happy bride knowing that I didn't have to worry at all. We joked that she was like a "security blanket," spotting her at work made us feel instantly at ease. Not only is Karissa a great planner, but she is so fun to work with. We still try to find excuses to chat with her! Even for brides that feel like they have things pretty well under control, I can't emphasize enough how valuable having Karissa on your team is. I would recommend Coastside Couture in heartbeat. Thanks, we love you guys!!

Sent on 10/21/2013