Coastline Conference and Event Center Reviews

10 | Wilmington, NC

10 Reviews for Coastline Conference and Event Center

Angela · Married on 11/25/2018

I haven't had the experience yet.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Tonya · Married on 05/20/2017

So happy that I chose The Coastline for my wedding reception!! I started out with a guy named Jake helping me and he was absolutely amazing!! Jake left and Katherine started helping me and she was great too. Everyone was so very nice and helpful. The place turned out to be beautiful and though I was concerned about the carpet color in the beginning Jake convinced me that it wouldn't be noticed and he was right so don't let the unique carpet make you change your mind about renting the space cause no one noticed the carpet once the main lights were out and the chandeliers that we rented from High Performance Lighting(the best lighting available) were turned on. They even have a dance floor(extra price) and a bar that comes with the place. The Bartender was amazing and everything turned out beautiful!!!So very happy!!!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Rebecca · Married on 03/18/2017

We had a great time planning our reception with Jake and the Coastline staff - we used the RiverView Terrace room for our cocktail hour then moved to Rooms A&B for dinner and back to RVT for the dance reception - the set-up worked out perfectly and we received so many compliments from guests on the set-up and the beautiful space! From the moment we toured the space to the time of the reception, Jake was responsive and willing to help answer all my questions as well as go the extra step! For example Jake worked with High Performance Lighting to help determine if my visions were feasible in the space! Also, they offer an application "Social Tables" which allows you to set-up your tables/chairs/dance floor/food tables/etc - this was super beneficial (and fun) for me as I was planning from afar and could easily make/track changes for seating arrangements as our wedding date got closer. As for the reception itself, everything went off without a hitch - we used Coastline bartenders and they worked so hard and we received so many compliments on how great the bartenders were! Overall working with the Coastline, Jake, James and all 3 bartenders was such a fun experience and made planning a breeze - the set-up was absolutely perfect and the flexibility as well as professionalism of the staff made them so great to work with! Highly recommend for anyone planning a wedding in downtown Wilmington! (can't wait to share photos of how beautiful the space is!)

Sent on 04/12/2017

The space is beautiful and you have it the entire day to get everything set up how you want it. Cathy is amazing and so very helpful as well. It was perfect!

Sent on 11/03/2015
  • X

Rachel · Married on 10/16/2010

Great price and great place! The convention center worked with us on any requests and made themselves available to us up to and during our wedding ceremony and reception! We are so happy we did our wedding there!

Sent on 11/16/2010
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/18/2010

The coastline gave the perfect feel for my fall event! Also plenty enough room for a wonderful reception!

Sent on 10/05/2010

This venue was perfect for us. We did the ceremony, cocktail reception, photos, and dinner / dance all in one place. We used the Riverview Terrace and loved the covered deck (especially when it decided to rain halfway through the night). Inside, the temperature was perfect, and they had the room set up to our specifications exactly when they said they would, and made adjustments when asked. The layout of that room is great, and the loft is handy for getting ready and for great photo angles. Their coordinator was very responsive to questions and concerns. Smoooooth sailing!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Kelly · Married on 11/08/2014

Cathy was so helpful and on top of everything! She is amazing at what she does and so helpful. She made planning so much smoother! My only complaint would be not being aware of the service fees attached to renting their dance floor and linens.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Julia · Married on 05/05/2012

Cathy is very friendly and easy to work with. She responded to every question we had (and we had a lot!) very quickly. They made sure everything was setup correctly and was ready to go for our day. We weren't planning on having a rehearsal due to the fact that you had to rent the venue for the previous day but, Cathy informed us since no one else had rented it the day before our wedding we could go ahead and setup and have a rehearsal. Everything was beautiful! They are very accommodating for vendors and you can pretty much decorate any and everything there!

Sent on 05/12/2012

This venue is gorgeous and the staff is beyond helpful. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a venue with character.

Sent on 07/26/2015