Coastal Gourmet Catering Reviews

Coastal Gourmet Catering 6
Coastal Gourmet Catering 7

Abby Bontempo · Married on 08/30/2019

Barber Wedding

Costal Gourmet was absolutely amazing. Jenna was so helpful throughout the whole planning process. The staff at our wedding was so friendly, professional and looked great. The food was out of this world, we did a barbecue buffet and our guest couldn’t stop raving about how amazing the food was and how much they loved the set up.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Michaela

Michaela Rinaldo · Married on 08/17/2019

The Absolute Best Experience!

Where do I even start? Coastal Gourmet was absolutely amazing! Kimberly was our event coordinator and she was so amazing to work with throughout the entire process. From our first chat on the phone, to building our menu, to planning the details of the event, Kimberly was kind, responsive, caring, and SO professional. She really took the time to sit with us, get to know us, learn about our relationship, and find fun ways to incorporate our personalities into our wedding. They had so many amazing options and ideas for how to build out our menu and went out of their way to create some tasty gluten free options to accommodate my allergy. I was so impressed by the attentiveness of Tom, Kimberly, and the whole CG team at the wedding. Kimberly kept us in the loop and on track to make sure we stayed on schedule and was always checking in to make sure we were happy. The bridal attendant Judy was an absolute doll and made sure that bride and groom had everything we needed. She literally followed me around with gluten free entrees as I said hello to our guests to make sure I ate! Not once did I have an empty drink in hand as she kept replenishing me with my cocktail and ice cold bottled water throughout the night. We are totally blown away by our experience with the whole CG team and we would recommend them to absolutely anyone who is looking for a worry-free catering and event experience!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Melissa Moss · Married on 08/03/2019

Excellent: delicious food and detailed attention

Our experience was fantastic - every detail was taken care of beautifully and the food was excellent!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Marissa Casarella · Married on 07/05/2019

Above and Beyond - Highly Recommend

We used Coastal Gourmet for our wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard on Friday, July 5th. Michael Ferreira and his team went above and beyond to make our day perfect. The appetizers were the perfect size, fresh and very appealing. Our entrees of Filet Mignon and Stonington Sea Bass were good portions. Food came out on time and perfectly cooked. Michael assisted with our rehearsal and assisted with setting up some of our decorations in the venue. Michael is very thorough and detail oriented which made it so easy to work with him and find our perfect vision for our special day.

We were very impressed with the quality, professionalism of all staff and how helpful all the staff were. Thank you for making it such a special day for us.

Sent on 08/04/2019

Alexandra · Married on 06/29/2019

Married 6/29/19

Kimberly at Coastal Gourmet is nothing short of a god send. Having never planned a wedding myself, the structure she was able to tease out of our vague ideas was invaluable. She is so professional and warm, clearly likes her job, and is extremely knowledgeable about weddings in general but also the local area. She was able to answer all our questions, make recommendations that paid out in spades, and calm any and all of our worries. In addition to our wedding, Coastal Gourmet catered the welcome party we hosted for our guests the evening before the wedding. The staff at this event was also amazing. Very professional and helpful. And of course, a review of the caterer would not be complete without mentioning the food at both events. In a word: phenomenal. We had been looking forward to these meals for almost two years! From the first meeting where the menu was conceived to the tasting where we got to try everything, we have been excited for this food. The stations, passed apps, and meals all had our guests raving.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Christy Jachimowski · Married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic food and service for our rehearsal dinner and wedding!

After meeting with Michael, we knew we wanted Coast Gourmet to cater our wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard. He helped us plan out our entire wedding and had so many great menu options. Michael was so great to work with that we also decided to have our rehearsal dinner at Latitude 41. Everyone is still raving about the food from the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. All of the servers at the wedding were wonderful. Our bridal attendant kept the drinks and food flowing for our bridal party as we took pictures. Michael kept the entire event running smoothly. So happy we went with Coastal for the wedding!

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/20/2018

One of my favorite vendors

Excellent food selection, presentation, and quality. The food was the most consistently complimented feature of our wedding. The staff was wonderful, supportive, and hardworking. Communication throughout the planning process was easy and responsive.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2018

Where do I start? Our wedding at Latitude was perfect. First, Jenna is amazing. She is highly organized and collaborated with us to make our day perfect. Throughout the planning process Jenna worked with us and all our vendors to ensure our wedding day would go smoothly. I was not local throughout planning so Jenna handled so much and worked closely with my mom. On the day of the wedding she made sure we were taken care of...from having a plate of our passed apps ready for us after photos, or ensuring we got our dinners first, Jenna was incredible. She also checked in with our families frequently to make sure they were happy and didn’t need anything. We were beyond impressed. I knew at our first meeting Jenna was going to be so helpful, but we truly can’t thank her enough. The staff at Latitude was also amazing, our attendant Christine was lovely and made us feel so spoiled throughout the entire reception. Additionally, the food was so good! Our guests gave rave reviews and the chef was so accommodating to a few picky eaters. We feel so grateful to Jenna, Latitude 41, and the Coastal Gourmet team. Highly recommend! -Lauren M

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 10/07/2018

A caterer you can count on

Our wedding was at the Eolia Mansion, and Coastal Gourmet was one of six approved caterers. After months of sample menus and conversations, we decided Coastal Gourmet was the way to go. Not only did their menus match our tastes the best, but they were the most reasonably priced and the most professional. Throughout the planning process we worked with Kimberly. We always said, "No matter what else goes wrong, we have Kimberly, so we don't have to worry." Just having her working with us did so much to alleviate my wedding planning anxiety. She's a total pro. For our day-of event manager, we worked with Michael. He was also wonderful, and was on top of everything without making it look like it was difficult. He even helped us out by coming to our wedding rehearsal and walking us through it, which was such a relief. The food was delicious! My husband and I were able to have plates made with a bit of each entree, so we got to try it all. Everyone complimented our food and commented how big the portions were. The bar was on consumption, so we actually were refunded because our guests drank less than the estimate. Coastal Gourmet also hosted our rehearsal dinner at Latitude 41, which made everything really easy. We felt like one of the best decisions we made wedding planning was to book Coastal Gourmet, and much of that was due to how wonderful and professional Kimberly is. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/29/2018

I was lucky enough to have Kimberly as my event planner! She was absolutely amazing. She was attentive, kind and extremely knowledgeable. She listened to all of my ideas and concerns and answered all of my questions, respectfully. The food and service was top notch!!!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/22/2018

Michael was very professional and listened to us when we explained what we wanted. He made the vision of our wedding day become a reality. He brought up points that we had not thought of and was very helpful in making the event run smoothly and effortlessly. The staff & service was impeccable. Brit, our bridal attendant, was there for whatever we needed and checked in frequently. We never had to ask for anything. She made sure we had a drink at all times. The food was phenomenal. The appetizers were so tasty and the dinner was delicious. We asked to have the vegetables roasted longer when we did our tasting and they served them perfectly. Our guests loved the food!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Coastal Gourmet Catering 8
    Coastal Gourmet Catering 9
    Coastal Gourmet Catering 10
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Everything We Could Have Asked For

Kimberly was incredibly responsive, accommodating, and thorough throughout our entire wedding planning process. She made sure to cover each detail leading up to our event. The staff was on their A-game all night long! Our guests LOVED the food and how everything came together :)

Sent on 10/27/2018

David · Married on 09/14/2018

Coastal Gourmet was absolutely perfect. Their communication and promptness answering emails was excellent. The food was delicious, our family and friends are still talking about how wonderful it was.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Ali · Married on 07/06/2018

When we decided on Latitude 41 for our wedding venue, we had no idea what we were in for. We ultimately chose Latitude because we wanted classy, coastal CT vibes. What we got was that, but an amazing coordinator and an amazing caterer, too! Jenna and Coastal Gourmet made the planning process so incredibly easy. Not even ten minutes into our first tour of the venue, Jenna somehow knew my style and what I would and wouldn't like and she was absolutely right. She has a great eye for detail and was very organized. Since it was a destination wedding for us, it was so helpful to have Jenna with us - she is so knowledgeable on the area and different vendors. When we were planning our wedding the three most important things to us were booze, food and music. Jenna recommended bands to us that we ended up booking and also recommended some areas to rent a house for the week of our wedding. Coastal Gourmet has an amazing menu that we were able to be flexible with. So many of our guests said that was the best wedding food they have ever eaten. I highly recommend Latitude 41 and Coastal Gourmet for any event!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2018

My fiance and I recently got married at Saltwater Farm Vineyard and after meeting with 3 of their preferred catering vendors went with Coastal Gourmet. We could not be happier with our experience with working with them/selecting them as our vendor. We worked with Michael Ferreira & from our very first meeting with Michael until our last goodbye on our wedding day he and Coastal were nothing short of professional, personable and beyond knowledgeable. Michael not only organized everything on the catering end but also organized our entire day, he knows the venue so well he was the one organizing everything on the day of, and I mean everything... from where some signs should be placed, to putting out the centerpieces and party favors, arranging how the guests seats should be and even how the bridal party would be walking out and where we would all be walking from. He was there at our rehearsal and did the whole ceremony walk through with us. These are not things I expected to get with catering/as part of the package, but that is what Coastal Gourmet and Michael bring to the table- they are the whole package. The food was outstanding, our family and guests are still raving about it. When the bud light stock got a little low (our guests do love their bud light!) Michael was right on it and had more brought to the venue from off site, the communication and quick response with that and everything else throughout our entire experience working with them was nothing short of impressive. We also were introduced to Brittney with Coastal Gourmet on the day of our wedding and she was (of course) phenomenal as well, she always made sure my fiance and I had a drink or food in hand and also made me feel so at ease before I was about to walk down the isle just by talking with me as if she was one of my long time girlfriends. I could go on and on about how wonderful our experience with Coastal Gourmet was, thank you Coastal Gourmet Gourmet & the whole team for your exceptional service!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Dan · Married on 06/17/2018

I cannot praise Coastal Gourmet enough. Kimberly Aubin was a pleasure to work with. She made it clear from our first meeting that she could deliver the highest quality services in our wedding venue, which is no small feat given the size of our wedding (150 guests). She and her team did a fantastic job delivering what multiple guests described to my bride and I as "the best meals they have ever enjoyed at a wedding." Kimberly expertly handled details large and small, including many changes submitted at the reception itself! She acted as a sort of all-day coordinator for us as well, which we did not require but found to be immensely helpful. I encourage all brides and grooms to meet with Coastal Gourmet when they are considering caterers for their big day.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Jill · Married on 06/10/2018

Michael Ferreira and his entire team went above and beyond for us. From day one their helpful planning put us at ease. He walked us through every step, not just about the food, but about the entire day and lead up. Our wedding was wonderful because of him and his team. Michael was our day of coordinator, he made sure everything went perfectly, so we could enjoy our special moments. The food was also wonderful. Our guests complimented us on how much they enjoyed it. We did as well. Michael's team made us plates for our table and our bridal suite so we wouldn't miss any appetizers. Our dinner and desserts were outstanding. I cannot say enough good things about this team of people. If you're looking for beautiful food, and a coordinator that is out of this world, go with Coastal Gourmet. Your mind will be at ease as they are true professionals.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Chelsea · Married on 06/09/2018

Just used these guys for our wedding on June 9th. A M A Z I N G. Seriously all the way around, this caterer is the bees knees. From all of our planning meetings, coordinating, food, decorating, and day of planning...it was all PERFECT. I worked with Kimberly the whole way through and she was fantastic. Always accommodating and patient with all my questions! The food is phenomenal, all of it...we (the B&G) actually got a combination plate because we didn't know what to choose for our dinner option! I wanted it all! They did such a great job at making the day go smoothly. They set everything up perfectly and how I wanted it but they also had someone at my side ALL day to bring me water, food, or just anything I needed. All of the people working my day were so nice and professional, not a single thing went wrong. They made it very very easy for me to simply focus on having fun and enjoying my wedding! Thank you for helping me bring my wedding dreams to life!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Erma · Married on 12/09/2017

Very professional and courteous. Extremely attentive in the process. Kimberly Aubin is the best.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2017

Michael was a huge asset to our wedding planning. He has clear vision and shares it freely. The food was absolutely delicious. I would absolutely use Coastal again in the future.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Dan · Married on 09/16/2017

Coastal Gourmet was a complete service for our wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard. I say complete because Michael helped as a phenomenal wedding planner in addition to them providing everything we needed for our wedding. From linens and silverware, to the outstanding apps, dinner, and deserts, the entire event went off without a hitch. The staff was great, attentive, and professional, we cannot say enough about Brit who was by my wife and I whenever we needed her. People say you don't eat or drink at your wedding, but thanks to her we sure did! I recommend them for your future wedding or any event!

Sent on 09/19/2017

caitlin · Married on 08/18/2017

Kimberly was wonderful to work with. We were so happy with the process leading up to our wedding and the final result was more than we could have hoped for.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Nancy · Married on 07/23/2017

Michael and his team at Coastal Gourmet did an amazing job catering our wedding at Saltwater Farm. We knew we were in good hands from our first meeting with Michael. He is a true professional! He worked with us to create a plan that met our vision and he guided us through every step of the process including the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We had considered hiring a day of planner but in the end we didn't need one; CG took care of almost everything. On the day of the wedding and we were able to truly relax and enjoy the day. Michael coordinated the timing and flow of the ceremony and smoothly moved people to the cocktail hour and then into the reception. The staff were all pleasant and efficient and we had a personal attendant who was there to take care of anything we needed. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious! Our guests raved about the selections on the dessert table and the short ribs were to die for! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Raeann · Married on 07/15/2017

I had the best experience working with Jenna at Coastal Gourmet. She was so responsive and patient throughout the entire process. She helped source all my rentals and provide great feedback and suggestions for my wedding logistically and decor wise. I can't thank her enough for her over the top efforts and work ethic. Everyone raved about the food and entire event from start to finish. Thank you again Jenna and Coastal Gourmet Catering!

Sent on 12/28/2017