Coastal Gourmet Catering Reviews

Coastal Gourmet Catering 2
Coastal Gourmet Catering 3
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/20/2018

One of my favorite vendors

Excellent food selection, presentation, and quality. The food was the most consistently complimented feature of our wedding. The staff was wonderful, supportive, and hardworking. Communication throughout the planning process was easy and responsive.

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2018

Where do I start? Our wedding at Latitude was perfect. First, Jenna is amazing. She is highly organized and collaborated with us to make our day perfect. Throughout the planning process Jenna worked with us and all our vendors to ensure our wedding day would go smoothly. I was not local throughout planning so Jenna handled so much and worked closely with my mom. On the day of the wedding she made sure we were taken care of...from having a plate of our passed apps ready for us after photos, or ensuring we got our dinners first, Jenna was incredible. She also checked in with our families frequently to make sure they were happy and didn’t need anything. We were beyond impressed. I knew at our first meeting Jenna was going to be so helpful, but we truly can’t thank her enough. The staff at Latitude was also amazing, our attendant Christine was lovely and made us feel so spoiled throughout the entire reception. Additionally, the food was so good! Our guests gave rave reviews and the chef was so accommodating to a few picky eaters. We feel so grateful to Jenna, Latitude 41, and the Coastal Gourmet team. Highly recommend! -Lauren M

• Audrey

Audrey · Married on 10/07/2018

A caterer you can count on

Our wedding was at the Eolia Mansion, and Coastal Gourmet was one of six approved caterers. After months of sample menus and conversations, we decided Coastal Gourmet was the way to go. Not only did their menus match our tastes the best, but they were the most reasonably priced and the most professional. Throughout the planning process we worked with Kimberly. We always said, "No matter what else goes wrong, we have Kimberly, so we don't have to worry." Just having her working with us did so much to alleviate my wedding planning anxiety. She's a total pro. For our day-of event manager, we worked with Michael. He was also wonderful, and was on top of everything without making it look like it was difficult. He even helped us out by coming to our wedding rehearsal and walking us through it, which was such a relief. The food was delicious! My husband and I were able to have plates made with a bit of each entree, so we got to try it all. Everyone complimented our food and commented how big the portions were. The bar was on consumption, so we actually were refunded because our guests drank less than the estimate. Coastal Gourmet also hosted our rehearsal dinner at Latitude 41, which made everything really easy. We felt like one of the best decisions we made wedding planning was to book Coastal Gourmet, and much of that was due to how wonderful and professional Kimberly is. We highly recommend them.

Rebecca · Married on 09/29/2018

I was lucky enough to have Kimberly as my event planner! She was absolutely amazing. She was attentive, kind and extremely knowledgeable. She listened to all of my ideas and concerns and answered all of my questions, respectfully. The food and service was top notch!!!

Taylor · Married on 09/22/2018

Michael was very professional and listened to us when we explained what we wanted. He made the vision of our wedding day become a reality. He brought up points that we had not thought of and was very helpful in making the event run smoothly and effortlessly. The staff & service was impeccable. Brit, our bridal attendant, was there for whatever we needed and checked in frequently. We never had to ask for anything. She made sure we had a drink at all times. The food was phenomenal. The appetizers were so tasty and the dinner was delicious. We asked to have the vegetables roasted longer when we did our tasting and they served them perfectly. Our guests loved the food!

Coastal Gourmet Catering 4
    Coastal Gourmet Catering 5
    Coastal Gourmet Catering 6
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Everything We Could Have Asked For

Kimberly was incredibly responsive, accommodating, and thorough throughout our entire wedding planning process. She made sure to cover each detail leading up to our event. The staff was on their A-game all night long! Our guests LOVED the food and how everything came together :)

David · Married on 09/14/2018

Coastal Gourmet was absolutely perfect. Their communication and promptness answering emails was excellent. The food was delicious, our family and friends are still talking about how wonderful it was.

Ali · Married on 07/06/2018

When we decided on Latitude 41 for our wedding venue, we had no idea what we were in for. We ultimately chose Latitude because we wanted classy, coastal CT vibes. What we got was that, but an amazing coordinator and an amazing caterer, too! Jenna and Coastal Gourmet made the planning process so incredibly easy. Not even ten minutes into our first tour of the venue, Jenna somehow knew my style and what I would and wouldn't like and she was absolutely right. She has a great eye for detail and was very organized. Since it was a destination wedding for us, it was so helpful to have Jenna with us - she is so knowledgeable on the area and different vendors. When we were planning our wedding the three most important things to us were booze, food and music. Jenna recommended bands to us that we ended up booking and also recommended some areas to rent a house for the week of our wedding. Coastal Gourmet has an amazing menu that we were able to be flexible with. So many of our guests said that was the best wedding food they have ever eaten. I highly recommend Latitude 41 and Coastal Gourmet for any event!

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2018

My fiance and I recently got married at Saltwater Farm Vineyard and after meeting with 3 of their preferred catering vendors went with Coastal Gourmet. We could not be happier with our experience with working with them/selecting them as our vendor. We worked with Michael Ferreira & from our very first meeting with Michael until our last goodbye on our wedding day he and Coastal were nothing short of professional, personable and beyond knowledgeable. Michael not only organized everything on the catering end but also organized our entire day, he knows the venue so well he was the one organizing everything on the day of, and I mean everything... from where some signs should be placed, to putting out the centerpieces and party favors, arranging how the guests seats should be and even how the bridal party would be walking out and where we would all be walking from. He was there at our rehearsal and did the whole ceremony walk through with us. These are not things I expected to get with catering/as part of the package, but that is what Coastal Gourmet and Michael bring to the table- they are the whole package. The food was outstanding, our family and guests are still raving about it. When the bud light stock got a little low (our guests do love their bud light!) Michael was right on it and had more brought to the venue from off site, the communication and quick response with that and everything else throughout our entire experience working with them was nothing short of impressive. We also were introduced to Brittney with Coastal Gourmet on the day of our wedding and she was (of course) phenomenal as well, she always made sure my fiance and I had a drink or food in hand and also made me feel so at ease before I was about to walk down the isle just by talking with me as if she was one of my long time girlfriends. I could go on and on about how wonderful our experience with Coastal Gourmet was, thank you Coastal Gourmet Gourmet & the whole team for your exceptional service!

Dan · Married on 06/17/2018

I cannot praise Coastal Gourmet enough. Kimberly Aubin was a pleasure to work with. She made it clear from our first meeting that she could deliver the highest quality services in our wedding venue, which is no small feat given the size of our wedding (150 guests). She and her team did a fantastic job delivering what multiple guests described to my bride and I as "the best meals they have ever enjoyed at a wedding." Kimberly expertly handled details large and small, including many changes submitted at the reception itself! She acted as a sort of all-day coordinator for us as well, which we did not require but found to be immensely helpful. I encourage all brides and grooms to meet with Coastal Gourmet when they are considering caterers for their big day.

Jill · Married on 06/10/2018

Michael Ferreira and his entire team went above and beyond for us. From day one their helpful planning put us at ease. He walked us through every step, not just about the food, but about the entire day and lead up. Our wedding was wonderful because of him and his team. Michael was our day of coordinator, he made sure everything went perfectly, so we could enjoy our special moments. The food was also wonderful. Our guests complimented us on how much they enjoyed it. We did as well. Michael's team made us plates for our table and our bridal suite so we wouldn't miss any appetizers. Our dinner and desserts were outstanding. I cannot say enough good things about this team of people. If you're looking for beautiful food, and a coordinator that is out of this world, go with Coastal Gourmet. Your mind will be at ease as they are true professionals.

Chelsea · Married on 06/09/2018

Just used these guys for our wedding on June 9th. A M A Z I N G. Seriously all the way around, this caterer is the bees knees. From all of our planning meetings, coordinating, food, decorating, and day of planning...it was all PERFECT. I worked with Kimberly the whole way through and she was fantastic. Always accommodating and patient with all my questions! The food is phenomenal, all of it...we (the B&G) actually got a combination plate because we didn't know what to choose for our dinner option! I wanted it all! They did such a great job at making the day go smoothly. They set everything up perfectly and how I wanted it but they also had someone at my side ALL day to bring me water, food, or just anything I needed. All of the people working my day were so nice and professional, not a single thing went wrong. They made it very very easy for me to simply focus on having fun and enjoying my wedding! Thank you for helping me bring my wedding dreams to life!

Erma · Married on 12/09/2017

Very professional and courteous. Extremely attentive in the process. Kimberly Aubin is the best.

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2017

Michael was a huge asset to our wedding planning. He has clear vision and shares it freely. The food was absolutely delicious. I would absolutely use Coastal again in the future.

Dan · Married on 09/16/2017

Coastal Gourmet was a complete service for our wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard. I say complete because Michael helped as a phenomenal wedding planner in addition to them providing everything we needed for our wedding. From linens and silverware, to the outstanding apps, dinner, and deserts, the entire event went off without a hitch. The staff was great, attentive, and professional, we cannot say enough about Brit who was by my wife and I whenever we needed her. People say you don't eat or drink at your wedding, but thanks to her we sure did! I recommend them for your future wedding or any event!

caitlin · Married on 08/18/2017

Kimberly was wonderful to work with. We were so happy with the process leading up to our wedding and the final result was more than we could have hoped for.

Nancy · Married on 07/23/2017

Michael and his team at Coastal Gourmet did an amazing job catering our wedding at Saltwater Farm. We knew we were in good hands from our first meeting with Michael. He is a true professional! He worked with us to create a plan that met our vision and he guided us through every step of the process including the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We had considered hiring a day of planner but in the end we didn't need one; CG took care of almost everything. On the day of the wedding and we were able to truly relax and enjoy the day. Michael coordinated the timing and flow of the ceremony and smoothly moved people to the cocktail hour and then into the reception. The staff were all pleasant and efficient and we had a personal attendant who was there to take care of anything we needed. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious! Our guests raved about the selections on the dessert table and the short ribs were to die for! You won't be disappointed.

Raeann · Married on 07/15/2017

I had the best experience working with Jenna at Coastal Gourmet. She was so responsive and patient throughout the entire process. She helped source all my rentals and provide great feedback and suggestions for my wedding logistically and decor wise. I can't thank her enough for her over the top efforts and work ethic. Everyone raved about the food and entire event from start to finish. Thank you again Jenna and Coastal Gourmet Catering!

Brittney · Married on 06/10/2017

Coastal Gourmet exceeded my expectations for our June wedding. Kimberly was so knowledgeable and thoughtful throughout the entire process. Our guests still talk about how amazing all the food was over 6 months later. You will not be disappointed with them!

Ruth · Married on 04/22/2017

Kimberly at Coastal Gourmet was absolutely fantastic to work with, we honestly were so grateful that we had found her and her team. Our wedding went off without a hitch and I really credit Coastal Gourmet/Kimberly with much of that. They were so on top of it, and so incredibly responsive every step of the way. I can't imagine it having gone any better, honestly nothing was difficult, it felt easy and seamless. And to top it off: it was delicious, and incredible. Guests still comment to me about how good the food was, and how interesting and varied it was throughout the night from start to end.

Marisa · Married on 11/25/2016

Hands down the best choice for where to have our wedding. Everyone was so courteous and kind through the whole process. The food was amazing and all the choices ensured that everyone got something they liked. I was impressed with how easy it was to plan the wedding!

Diana · Married on 05/27/2016

I would absolutely recommend Jenna Landon from Coastal Gourmet to any bride and groom looking to plan a wedding with somebody who is completely on their side. When we first met with Jenna we were impressed by her knowledge of what Coastal Gourmet could offer us. She was not only extremely professional but a real pleasure to work with- she gave us our dream wedding, as the food was a very important element for us! Jenna was accommodating to both our tastes and budget, we really could not have asked for a better event planner! She has an uncanny attention to detail and was very available to us throughout the whole planning process. Jenna went above and beyond what she needed to for our wedding and our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was months later!

Anne · Married on 11/06/2015

Michael Ferreira from Coastal Gourmet was thorough, responsive and honest from day 1. He met with my husband and me to pick a wonderful menu and his recommendations fit exactly what we envisioned without going over budget. On our wedding day all the staff from Coastal Gourmet was professional and efficient! The food was above and beyond delicious!

maria · Married on 09/11/2015

Kimberly at Coastal Gourmet has been wonderful! She is very accommodating to everything we have asked for!