Clover Events Reviews

Clover Events 7
  • Bruce

Bruce Printavo Ackerman · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing to work with

We worked with Niki at Clover Events for our wedding this past weekend. I can not emphasize enough how critical of a role she played in month-of planning. Niki was amazing in guiding us and making our day come together.

We had a ceremony and reception an hour away with 180 guests so logistics was important. On top of that, Niki was able to provide advice for us to make the day run a lot smoother.

I can't recommend her for wedding planning enough.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Kathryn · Married on 07/13/2019

So worth it!

If you're considering hiring Clover Events (and specifically Niki Gubernat--I didn't get to work with Katherine, although I'm sure she's lovely), DO IT! My husband and I were totally new to the wedding planning thing, and although we found most of our vendors on our own and/or through our venue, we were especially nervous about pulling everything together. This was where Niki came in. She was so much more than just a day-of coordinator; she met with us initially to provide an overview of her services, checked in with a phone call about six months before the wedding, and then really jumped in about six weeks out.

Ironically, a few nights before our long timeline meeting with Niki, I had my first real moments of panic about the wedding: How was I possibly going to manage all of these vendors, wedding party members, and other folks?! Following our meeting, I felt SO much better. It was clear that Niki (and her assistant Lauren) had everything covered. They thought of questions and tasks that never would have even crossed my mind, and having Niki take over all communication with the vendors was so helpful! She was also great during our walk-through meeting and provided the perfect mix of kindness and assertiveness, and we were in almost constant communication in the days and weeks leading up to the wedding. Niki was able to handle so much and really just left us to take care of items that only we could do: creating a seating chart, buying bridesmaids gifts, etc.

On the day of the wedding, I was so relieved to see Niki when things started to get moving, because I knew that I had nothing to worry about. She did a great job of directing the members of the wedding party on all of the little things: When to get dressed, where to meet after our first look, etc., and she also addressed any other questions they had. (She had also put together a fantastic timeline for the wedding party with minute-by-minute plans, and we got a lot of rave reviews on this!) I wasn't around for this, but apparently Niki also did an amazing job of packing up all of our items following the reception. My mom said that she would have been worth the money just for completing this task!

TL;DR: Hire Clover Events. You won't be disappointed and will enjoy your wedding so much more because your stress level will be so much lower!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Jennifer H · Married on 07/06/2019

Great coordinators!

We worked with Jessica for our July wedding for "month of" coordination and she did an amazing job.
    She helped write up a day-of timeline and coordinated with all of our vendors in the month leading up to the wedding day. While we felt pretty organized before she started, Jessica guided us through questions that we wouldn't have thought of in advance. It was so helpful to have her alongside us.
    On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant were a joy to have around and were always there when we needed something, thinking one or two steps ahead of us. She even ninja-crafted a ring bearer boutonniere out of flower petals in mere seconds.
    In hindsight, we are SO glad we hired a coordinator so that we and our families and friends didn't have to run around or stress on our wedding day. And we're even more glad it was Jessica and Clover.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jen and Drew! We loved working with you as well! All our best!

Donna Hoffman · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Wedding Planner

From our very first meeting there wasn’t a doubt in our minds that Katherine was the perfect fit for our daughter and us. She is the consummate professional every step of the way. She made our planning so wonderful with all of her suggestions. Everyone that was recommended from her was first rate and a perfect match for our wedding. Katherine and her staff made our beautiful day the most wonderful wedding anyone could have ever asked for.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Clover Events's reply:

Donna, it was such an absolute pleasure working with you, Dave, Colleen and Tom! Their wedding day was so, so beautiful!
  • Jeremy

Jeremy Glickstein · Married on 06/01/2019

Chicago Illuminating Company Wedding / Niki

Niki from Clover did an exceptional job with our wedding. She made our lives so much easier through the whole process. She's extremely personable and knows her stuff. Getting married is no joke in terms of how much energy you are going to spend getting every little variable as perfect as possible. You will thank yourself for working with her. She's a pro and very responsive. Niki, thank you from me and Samantha, you are just stellar and helped us create the perfect night. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing, fun, and the best wedding team!

The clover events team is truly spectacular. They helped us with our rehearsal dinner and wedding day. Our rehearsal dinner included all of our wedding guests and clover events really pulled it off. Our day was stress free because of them!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Paul · Married on 03/09/2019

Clover and the Team was Great

They helped us create an amazing, flawless wedding. From start to finish the team helped us make key decisions, see the big picture and then execute an amazing day.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Casandra

Casandra · Married on 02/23/2019

Niki from Clover Events is AMAZING!!!!!

Niki was my Month-Of Wedding Coordinator and I could not be HAPPIER! She was amazing to work with! Kind, organized, detail-oriented, understanding, and so hard-working! She really got to know me & my now-husband. She cared deeply about learning our preferences, styles, family dynamics, and vision for our big day, and worked tirelessly to ensure that we had our dream wedding! The price we paid compared to the services and piece of mind we got with Niki was an absolute steal. She worked so hard on our behalf for the entire month before and the entire day of the wedding. I would give Niki from Clover Events the absolute highest recommendation possible! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/01/2019
    Clover Events 8
    Clover Events 9
    Clover Events 10
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 10/13/2018

Must have coordinator for your wedding!

We are very well prepared, organized and controlling individuals. For the most part we tend take care of all planning in our lives on our own and we thought we would tackle the task of putting together our wedding on our own.

We settled on our venue, the LondonHouse Chicago late October 2017 and we finally celebrated our big day in 10/13/18. We were partially through the halfway point when we were introduced to this amazingly awesome person, Niki Gubernat.

On 7/24/18 we had an appointment to meet with Niki at the Starbucks in downtown Naperville. It's an awkward feeling at first because you never know the type of person you are going to meet. Also, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to act like my happy careless self or if I have to act like a mature grown up so that I don't embarrass my now wife, Mari. Well, I was on my best behavior and the meeting went awesome. Niki was super informative and listened rather than trying to pitch us reasons why we should choose her. She was taking thorough notes on her massive iPad and she provided us examples of other itineraries she had for her current clients. It was a very nice meeting and we could not have asked for a nicer person to click with.

The meeting lasted a little over and hour and then we parted ways with a lot to think about. It took all but about 2 minutes after meeting with Niki for us to decide that we wanted to move forward with having Niki by our side throughout the rest of our wedding journey. The entire car ride home we couldn't find a negative about our meeting and we laughed at how quickly we came to a decision. I emailed Niki the next with the heading, "Let's do it!"

From that point on, we compiled a list of every vendor we had already hired along with their email address, phone number, website and total balances paid and due. Niki then reached out to all of the vendors and let them know that she was now in charge of our lives for the next few months. A spreadsheet was created and timelines was made to help keep us and the vendors in check.

On 8/21, we had a kickoff call scheduled just to follow up from everything that had been taken care of over the weeks that just passed. It was quick and simple. We just spoke over speaker and it allowed Mari and myself to ask a few more questions and also hear everything that was accomplished so far. Once again, the phone call meeting was over and we were happy and felt very at ease with the process so far.

The next meeting was on 9/4 at Basil's Greek restaurant in Aurora. This meeting was definitely where we started to feel like Niki became a friend rather than somebody we hired. We ordered way too much food and as Mari and I stuffed our faces, Niki was diligently putting notes into her iPad. Mari finally made her stop working and practically forced Niki to eat. We laughed, drank, ate and then we accidentally burned the corner of the dessert menu on the candle.

Our last meeting before the big day was on 9/27 at the LondonHouse. Niki reached out to every vendor and to the hotel's Director of Weddings to coordinate this meeting. During the meeting, we were able to establish a final timeline, meeting points, and button up the final details. Knowing that Niki drove from her home in the Western suburbs to meet us in Chicago meant that she really did care about making our wedding day stress free and perfect.

The day before our wedding we had our rehearsal and Niki and her assistant was also there to make sure that things went smooth. She got us all lined up, provided her advice, we listened and the rehearsal was a success.

Finally, our wedding day was here. Niki was with us starting from 5pm. She brought along 2 other team members and they were all by our sides until a little after midnight. This is where we finally realized how crucial it was to have our newfound friend Niki here. She got everybody to every planned location at the times needed. I forgot everything I was supposed to do. I even forgot to bring the rings and Mari's gift down from the room. Niki was a text away and she was on top of it. She kept the entire event in check, all of the vendors on schedule and she also made sure the banquet staff was on top of their game. At one point somebody spilled a drink on the dance floor and she was immediately on top of the issue.

Hey, I know that there are probably a ton of wedding coordinators to choose from in Chicago, but I am confident that you can't go wrong with picking Niki Gubernat! She is just a down to earth family person like the rest of us. Looking back at everything, I can't think of anything more that we could have asked from Niki. You can make a huge wrong decision in hiring just anybody or you can just be smart like us and simply choose Niki. I'd guarantee that your day will go 100% as planned.

Thanks for everything Niki!
    Kevin and Mari Frank
    #justbefranks

Side note, her husband Peter Gubernat takes awesome video and photos. Check out redandolive.

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Clover Events 11
    Clover Events 12
    Clover Events 13
    Clover Events 14
    Clover Events 15

Kate · Married on 09/29/2018

Katherine and her team are absolutely incredible. I cannot speak highly enough of them. They were so on top of everything involved in my wedding and made the day so special for my husband and I. I really didn't know where to start with my wedding planning and what options I had for vendors. Katherine did an amazing job of connecting us with great vendors in Chicago and always worked within our budget. She was responsive and on top of everything. She listened intently and always delivered exactly what I wanted and expected. She's assertive (my husband and I called her our bulldog) with other vendors and keeps everyone in line. This is EXTREMELY important come the big day because brides (and grooms) do not want to deal with trying to keep everyone on top of what is going on and making sure their vision comes to fruition. That was a godsend and I cannot thank her enough for that.

Katherine is truly an incredible person and wedding planner. I would recommend her to everyone and anyone. She's the best there is. This cannot be stated enough. I am so grateful I found her and you'll be grateful you did too. Thank you so so much Katherine!!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Clover Events's reply:

Kate, thank you so much for the glowing review! LOVED working with you, Brandon and your family - you're all wonderful people! Wish you all the best!!

Kristin · Married on 08/25/2018

Working with Katherine and Niki at Clover Events was such a positive experience! We hired Katherine for month-of coordination and help sourcing vendors. We were planning our wedding from San Francisco, so Katherine’s expertise in Chicago wedding vendors was invaluable (we loved each and every vendor she recommended! Our only problem vendor was the one I selected without her input…). She went out of her way to be accommodating with scheduling appointments (with her and other vendors) when we were in town. Katherine did an excellent job of listening to our vision for the event, but also guiding us and letting us know if and when our initial thoughts might not turn out well. I particularly appreciated Katherine’s calm demeanor during the wedding weekend itself – she was smiling and seemed unphased by issues as they arose. Communication was excellent throughout the process. Our wedding day was a dream, and Katherine and her team played a large part in making it possible.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristin! We loved working with you!!

Ashley S. · Married on 08/18/2018

Look no further...

Working with Clover Events has always been an amazing experience- and Niki Gubernat is no exception! She's friendly, attentive, detail-focused and knowledgeable. Everything day of (and the weeks leading up to the big day) ran so smooth and seam-lessly. Every base had been throughly covered and every detail thought about. I would recommend her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Brittany Matthews · Married on 08/18/2018

Detailed and Professional Month of Wedding Coordination

We worked with Niki from Clover Events. We received phenomenal "month of" support for our wedding. In particular, Niki supported reviews of our vendor contracts, coordinated a vendor walk-through, and created an extremely detailed itinerary that put me and my now husband at ease. I recall one vendor call the Tuesday before our wedding where we dialed in but didn't have to say a word because Niki had everything covered and responded to questions exactly as we would have! Our bridal party and vendors also commented that this was the most detailed wedding itinerary they've ever seen!

Even after our wedding, we returned to our venue to find that Niki and her team had efficiently packed all of our belongings such that we could quickly move things back home.

We'd definitely recommend Clover events to other friends and family :)

Sent on 12/29/2018

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Brittany! Wishing you and William all the best in your future together!!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2018

Our wedding was absolutely perfect -- exactly how we envisioned it -- and there is literally no way it could have happened without Niki Gubernat of Clover Events (and her assistant Nisa)!

We reached out to Clover about four months before or wedding, desperate for help in coordinating the overwhelming array of vendors we had secured. Niki jumped right in, and took over as primary contact with the space, the caterer, the photographer, the staffing agency, and everyone else. Our stress level dropped immediately and dramatically, giving us the space and time to focus more on the meaning and excitement of our impending nuptials. Niki met with us on several occasions and set up a variety of very helpful walk-throughs with various vendors. So many times throughout the process my then-fiance and I said to one another “How could we ever have done this without Niki?”

Niki was so professional, thoughtful, attentive, patient, kind, flexible, fun, and supportive throughout the entire process. She was incredibly organized and detail-focused but not in an excessive, pushy, or overbearing way. It brought us a tremendous amount of peace to know so many very important details were in her very trustworthy hands, and she proved to be a very resourceful, calming presence on the actual day of the wedding. We were tremendously blessed to have her help with our very special day.

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Clover Events 16
    Clover Events 17

Leeann · Married on 08/10/2018

I wasn't looking forward to planning a wedding AT ALL. I can get pretty anxious and I can't make a decision on my own for the life of me. Having Katherine's expertise and the help of her master team turned the process from something I found to be a an inconvenient time suck to an event that I REALLY enjoyed planning.

Katherine is so well versed in the Chicago wedding scene that she has top notch vendor recommendations of all styles and price points. What else? She's the most organized person I've met, she has your back, she's honest, she'll be stern when necessary but otherwise very sweet and fun to be around. I just loved working with her and could not have been more pleased with the outcome.

She understood my vision from the beginning and got me in touch with vendors who would also understand my vision. I didn't have to do hours of research for "creative florist in Chicago" or "DJ that won't play YMCA." Katherine would suggest two vendors that she thought would be a match, I'd meet with them (often times with her present), and I'd either choose one or go back to the drawing board if I didn't feel either was right.

In the end, we had a rockstar team put together made up of the best florist, caterer, photographer, and DJ. It was so fun working with this great mix of extraordinary talent, led by the extraordinary talent herself, Katherine.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Clover Events's reply:

Oh, Leeann! It was truly such a pleasure working every step of the way with you and Charlie. Your wedding is one I will not soon forget for so many reasons! It was a dream day for a dreamy couple! xoxo

Aubyn · Married on 06/29/2018

There are no words that can convey the value we got out of hiring Clover Events. Everyone thinks of hiring their band, photographer, videographer, caterer, etc., and those are fun vendors and you've probably got them all lined up and picked out for your big day. But the MOST IMPORTANT VENDOR YOU CAN HIRE is your coordinator, because none of the other stuff even matters if you don't have the time and the headspace to enjoy it. Niki from clover events is THE REASON our wedding was the best day of our lives. Being a bit of a control freak and someone who absolutely LOVES to plan, I really didn't see the need at first for this person. We were working with a hotel and I had struck up a great relationship with the on-site manager. But she explained that HER job is the "make sure the venue is on fleak." So when she recommended I hire a coordinator I took her advice and I am so glad I did. No matter how easy you think your wedding day is going to go, it's not. There are so many moving pieces, and last minute changes and updates and contracts and missing vendors and sketchy guests and random stuff you never could imagine (or want to deal with on your wedding day). Niki from Clover made sure every last thing that could ever go wrong either DIDN'T, or at least didn't let me know about it. She was 1 step ahead all day, and took every last bit of stress off me the last couple weeks leading up to the wedding (which is also a totally crazy stressful time). By far the MVP of the day, Niki is the difference between throwing a party for a bunch of other people versus attending your own wedding as the guest of honor. My day was perfect and stress-free because of her. Don't even think twice about this choice.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Katie · Married on 05/05/2018

I am so very happy that I worked with Katherine and her team as my day-of planner leading up to our wedding reception. Katherine is amazing. She is warm and calming, and incredibly organized. We worked with a more challenging venue, and she had everything in place. She went above and beyond to be sure my guests were comfortable and that we did not have to worry about anything leading up to and on our big day. The whole shebang came off without a hitch, thanks to her. She’s honest, accessible, and indispensable. Highly recommended. Thank you Katherine!!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
    Clover Events 18
    Clover Events 19
    Clover Events 20
    Clover Events 21

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you, Katie!! So loved working with you and Phil!!

Linda · Married on 11/11/2017

I highly recommend Katherine and the team at Clover Events! They helped us execute a flawless wedding for my daughter and her husband. Katherine was always available with suggestions and guidance. She managed to respect and handle everyone’s wishes for how the wedding should be executed. Her timeline included everything down to the minute! And finally, you will enjoy Katherine and the team personally - such lovely people! Thank you ladies for making this such a special day for our families and friends!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Caitlyn · Married on 11/11/2017

We had a wonderful experience working with Katherine + the Clover Events team. Katherine's warm and engaging personality made the whole wedding planning process such a delight. Her attention to detail and incredible taste allowed us to have the most beautiful wedding day. We worked with Katherine about 8 months leading up to the wedding and when it came time to the actual wedding, we were at total ease. Everything was executed flawlessly. My husband, mother and I were probably difficult at times and she did a wonderful job managing all our different personalities, expectations, priorities etc. She really understood what our vision for the day was and she did everything to help us achieve that. Not only is she an incredible event coordinator, but she was so easy to work with that after 8 months, I could not imagine having anyone else in my bridal suite getting ready with my bridesmaids + mom. We LOVED working with Katherine + her fabulous team and would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Clover Events's reply:

Oh my goodness, Caitlyn, thank you! We had so much fun working with you, Jimmy and your families! All our best to you for a long, happy marriage!

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Katherine was an absolute dream to work with. We used her month-of coordinating services and she really made sure that our day was perfect. From taking initiative to reach out to our vendors, helping us negotiate favorable prices given her experience and vast network in the industry, and creating a detailed and informative timeline, we couldn’t have asked for anything more from a coordinator. Even though we only hired her for the “month of” package, Katherine was always very responsive to any and all questions we had from the moment we hired her about 4 months before the big day. She initiated multiple in-person meetings and always gave us her undivided attention. Katherine made us feel like we were at the top of her list, remembered little details that we brought up about our families or random desires for the big day and clearly communicated throughout the entire process. But most importantly, the day of our wedding was absolutely perfect and the coordination was seamless thanks to Katherine and her wonderful and caring team.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jess! We absolutely adore you and Alex and had so much fun working with you! All our best!! xoxo

Susan · Married on 09/03/2017

Katherine is professional and knowledgeable. She was extremely helpful in vendor selection, and attended meetings with vendors. She constructed a detailed timeline for us to use in the time close to the wedding and contacted the other vendors to make sure that everything was in place. I was able to completely enjoy the wedding and reception because I knew Katherine was taking care of the details. Katherine was also very helpful in assisting the bride in executing her vision for the wedding. I feel there was great value in working with Clover Events in the planning process of my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Susie! It was such a pleasure working with you and Dena on her wedding to David. It was an incredible day!!

Kate · Married on 08/12/2017

Hiring Katherine was the single best decision of our wedding! Every recommendation that Katherine provided was top notch. Katherine went to many of the vendor meetings with us, which was great because the meetings went smoothly and she knew all of the right questions to ask. One of the things I appreciated most about Katherine was her sharing her true opinion and recommendations with me. I wanted to have a planner but also someone with good advice, creative ideas and recommendations (from someone who has planned so many amazing Chicago weddings already) so Katherine was our perfect fit!
    Our wedding day went 100% perfectly from my perspective. If it didn't, I still don't know because Katherine made sure everything went exactly as I had imagined! She made the year that we planned our wedding enjoyable instead of stressful and we couldn't have asked for a better planner!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so very much for these kind words! Working with you and Wyatt was such a joy from beginning to end and your wedding was one I will not soon forget! Wishing you all best!!

Sara · Married on 07/22/2017

Where do I begin? I can't imagine my wedding without Katherine Healy Brown and her team at Clover Events.

From beginning to end, she made planning so easy -- which was great because I have no idea what I'm doing! She stuck to my budget, found me fantastic vendors, was unbelievably organized (so organized that even the vendors commented about how much they loved working with her), and kept all the planning on track. She's well connected in the city, knows what she's doing, and is extremely detail-oriented.

The day of was just as good as the planning. Katherine was on top of everything and made sure the day ran smoothly so our families and we could simply enjoy our wedding day.

If you're planning a wedding, look into hiring Clover Events. Katherine is the utmost professional and made my wedding day stress-free and a truly polished affair!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Peggy · Married on 10/29/2016

Katherine dragged me over the finish line. Physically and emotionally. I hired her about a month before the wedding after I realized I was in big trouble and very behind on details. I had been traveling a lot for work and my job was quite intense during that period, so I had blissfully ignored my wedding during June-August. Come September, I was drowning in panic. She is down-to-earth, organized, funny, kind, and a great sounding board for all the random questions. She helps you prioritize and offers recommendations on other vendors as well. The vendors she recommended were wonderful. When you're choosing a planner, you need to feel comfortable with them and they need to know when to push you and when to take a step back and let you rock whatever thing you're fixated on. Katherine did that deftly and with a delightful sense of humor. Katherine's the best - I should have hired her much earlier in the process. That's my rec for super busy folks getting married - get a planner, if you're lucky, get Katherine. Book her early. Go. NOW!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you, Peggy! It was so much fun working with you and Chris! I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Darlene · Married on 10/01/2016

It's important to ask for budget options when making decisions on vendors. There should always be less expensive options and they should be considered.

Sent on 10/20/2016