Clover Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Megan W. Married on 09/04/2021

Best Decision we made!

Choosing to work with Clover Events for day-of coordination for our wedding was the best decision we made during the planning process. Mary was professional, organized, honest, helpful, and made stressful things so much easier and more fun! I don't know what we would have done without Mary's help in communicating with our other wedding vendors and wedding party to make sure everything went perfectly on our wedding day. My now husband and I were able to relax and truly enjoy the day! We can't say enough good things about Clover-they made us feel special and attended to and I would 100% recommend them for wedding and special event coordination!
  • Katie
    Katie O. Married on 08/07/2021

Everyone needs a Katherine in their lives!

My husband and I started working with Katherine in February 2019 to plan our wedding. From the outset we knew that Katherine would be a great fit for us – she is a wonderful blend of professionalism, warmth, and authenticity. Everyone needs a Katherine in their lives. She made recommendations for locations and vendors that matched our style, budget, and vision for our wedding. Frankly, we had a vendor A-team because of Katherine. She kept us sane and organized in our wedding planning while my husband and I balanced two full-time jobs with grad school, buying a house, moving, oh, and a pandemic + wedding postponement. Her communication and organizational skills are top-notch.

I know it may be cliché to say that your wedding day is the “best/happiest day of your life,” but our wedding day met and exceeded all hopes we had. It was seamless perfection. We wanted a true party for our loved ones and Katherine made it happen. Katherine is a true master wedding planner and there are no words to express our gratitude and praises enough.
    Lilia H. Married on 07/16/2021

The very best

We are so grateful to Katherine and her team at Clover Events for making our wedding day the most perfect we could have imagined. And that is saying something, because with multiple pandemic postponements, we had a long time to set high expectations. Katherine was the perfect combination of friendly, fun, and empathetic while also being super professional which was everything we needed as we navigated a very unusual wedding planning process. Thank you for everything!
  • Becky
    Becky G. Married on 06/27/2021

Lots of love and zero stress

The Clover Events team was a pivotal part of our wedding experience and I am so grateful to have had them by our side. From helping us choose a venue, to walking us through postponement details, the Clover Events team was responsive, supportive, and so valuable. Katherine did an excellent job of bringing our vision to life. She was always available for a phone call, always responded to emails, and would always offer solutions to any challenge we came up against. As the wedding date approached, Katherine made sure we had all the details covered. The wedding timeline was a life saver and she made sure our wedding party was prepped and ready to help the day move seamlessly. On the day of the wedding Katherine and Jessica were unbelievably efficient and present. They made sure we were comfortable, happy, and stress free. We loved working with them!!

Clover Events's reply:

We adore you, Becky & Stephen and we were so happy to see you get married FINALLY! Wishing you all the best for your future together!
    Ryan Married on 06/05/2021

Jessica: wedding coordinator extraordinaire

After initial uncertainty about the need for a wedding coordinator I am now convinced that working with Clover Events was the best vendor hire we made. Jessica was a pleasure to work with. She is great at what she does which became apparent during the month of the wedding and then she absolutely shined on our wedding day.

It always felt like she was on our team in our dealings with other vendors. The wedding planning process is a windy, treacherous road and she guided us smoothly through it.

Leading up to our wedding she took over communication with all of our vendors which lifted a huge burden for us. She made us a detailed wedding day timeline and kept us to it which I imagine was difficult with so many rowdy guests and needy vendors. Everything was perfect on our wedding day.

I did make a poor choice with my limo bus hire as the driver was rude and unprofessional and tried to extort money from us for running 15 minutes over. Jessica stepped in and handled the situation with grace and I walked away without paying anything additional.

Overall she was organized, elegant, smooth, professional, but still lots of fun! We would fully recommend her without hesitation!
  • Brittany
    Brittany B. Married on 06/05/2021

Best team ever!

We worked with Clover Events for our wedding on 6/5/2021 at River Roast in downtown Chicago. I couldn't recommend a better planner to work with. We worked primarily with Mary who is incredible to work with. There was a lot of uncertainty with COVID and how to plan for our wedding and Clover Events did an amazing job of staying on top of restrictions, keeping us informed, and providing options for how to approach our wedding safely. They took exactly how we wanted the day to be and made it come to life! I can't recommend their services enough.
    Nora B. Married on 04/30/2021

Clover Events Goes Above and Beyond for their Couples!

We hired Clover Events and worked with Jessica for what we thought was going to be a September 2020 wedding, but turned into a July 2021 wedding due to Covid. We delayed two separate times, each with a venue change, and Jessica was there for us through it all. She was so proactive keeping us informed on Covid protocol changes and what other couples were doing, and was always open to getting on a video call to talk through options. She was calm and confident through everything which is what we needed when we were the exact opposite. We ended up getting married in a family member's backyard with 87 guests, and could not have done it without Jessica's help. There was so much that went into essentially creating your own venue that we would have never thought of without her. She organized our vendors for a meeting at the house to review the space and confirm all the details. The month leading up to the wedding she did almost all the communication with our vendors and took care of the little things that would make any bride/groom stressed or annoyed to deal with (parking, vendor meals, etc.) The day of the wedding, Jessica and her assistant, Mary, were phenomenal. Because we were at a residence, we really had to rely on them to set up a lot of the decor and with minimal instruction, and they did such an amazing job. They took care of everything so that my husband and I could just enjoy the day. I could not recommend Clover and Jessica more highly!
  • A Greenberg
    A Greenberg Married on 10/03/2020

Clover Events is the best in the business!

We couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Clover Events for our wedding! Jessica is not only phenomenal at what she does, but she helped us navigate through COVID-19 from rescheduling our initial date only one week out to finally settling on our intimate backyard micro-wedding. She was our trusted adviser through a challenging time that no one could have predicted. Not only did Jessica go above and beyond to make our special day happen smoothly (and safely) regardless of a pandemic, rain, or anything else - her focus was always on us and making sure we were happy. Jessica is absolutely wonderful and we were lucky to have her by our side through our 2020 roller coaster!

We love the Clover Events team and would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding planner. Do yourself a favor and make sure to have them on your team!

Clover Events's reply:

It was our absolute pleasure working with you both and we were so happy to get you married (FINALLY)! Wishing you all the best!! xoxo
  • Daniel
    Daniel A. Married on 02/09/2020

The best decision we made in our wedding planning process!

We are SO glad we hired Clover Events as our wedding planner for our 9/14/19 wedding at the Chicago History Museum. We started working with Katherine a little less than a year before our wedding and had so much fun getting to know her and her rockstar team. She created a totally custom service for us based on our budget, timeline, and vision for the wedding.

We planned our wedding from afar (Austin, TX) and Katherine was so accommodating with our travel restraints and schedules. She was so creative with maximizing our time in Chicago when we were in town - seamlessly lining up back-to-back meetings, even if it meant meeting with us on days she usually takes off.

From day one, Katherine was incredibly organized and proactive. She was our compass and coach in the whole wedding planning process. We never had to worry that we were supposed to be working on something, because Katherine laid out a whole calendar of tasks for us, totally customized to our wedding.

We could email her any question big or small, and she’d come back to us within a day with helpful resources. It felt like once we started working with Katherine, we could stop Googling wedding advice/vendors/timelines, because she had all the answers! We never felt overwhelmed or worried that we were behind schedule because Katherine kept us so on track.

She has curated an ecosystem of amazing vendors in her network. This means that she personally knows and trusts every vendor she recommends, and almost all of them have worked together in the past. Katherine’s recommendations are like having a filter for only high quality vendors who will show up on time and work collaboratively with the other vendors day of - it saves the couple so much time and stress! She served as the central point of contact and intermediary with the vendors and venue which really simplified things for us.

During our wedding weekend, Billy and Jessica joined Katherine to help orchestrate all of the events. The three of them executed every aspect of the big day so perfectly. Katherine’s team made sure we were so prepared for every step which allowed us to enjoy our wedding to the fullest! We always knew they had everything handled. Everyone on the Clover team is so great to work with - fun, friendly, understanding, patient, thoughtful and detail oriented.

A number of times during the process, my now husband and I turned to each other and said, “wow, this is the best money we have spent on the wedding”. Now that we’re married, we miss having a reason to work with Katherine and the Clover team! Let’s do it again?! :)

Clover Events's reply:

Oh my goodness, Nora! Your wedding was such a perfect reflection of you and Daniel - one of our favorites of all time. We just loved working with you and your wonderful families! Bring the gang back together for a one year anniversary party?!
    Andrew Z. Married on 01/02/2020

Incredible Planner in Chicago

Katherine and her team are truly top notch --- we threw a big wedding, with a lot of specific and last minute requests in order to accommodate a lot of family opinions.

I don't think we even saw the team flustered --- they just focused on getting the job done and making it a perfect day.
    Stefanie Married on 09/07/2019

Jessica is a Rockstar!

Working with Jessica was by far one of the best decisions my husband and I made. Jessica worked diligently to ensure a smooth process from day one. She helped alleviate a significant amount of stress and made sure to be available for even the smallest questions. She was incredibly organized in creating a timeline to ensure the smallest touches of our wedding were executed well. She was extremely helpful in contacting all of our vendors to coordinate schedules. Even our guests and vendors were impressed with her abilities! Her efforts did not go unnoticed. Jessica's calm demeanor provided me with a peace of mind so that I could be fully present on our wedding day.

Also, Katherine, the owner of Clover Events went out of her way to check in with plans the month of our wedding. These two ladies truly went above and beyond.

We are so grateful for the kindness, compassion and support throughout it all. I honestly don't know how we'd do it without her. If you wish to lessen the stress of wedding planning, I HIGHLY recommend working with Jessica.
    Emily O. Married on 08/24/2019

best decision ever

When I started thinking about planning my wedding I had told my mom and fiancé that I was going to hire a "month of" coordinator and they both had their doubts if it were necessary....well they soon realized that in the 6 weeks leading up to our wedding that it was the best decision EVER!!!! Niki is the greatest! she helped make the wedding of my dreams come true. all my friends at the wedding and rehearsal were surprised how calm I was and how well organized things were and I told them it wouldn't be without the help of Niki! She was amazing at taking all the plans we had made and vendors we had contacted and putting it all together! She was so professional and easy to communicate with and fun to work with!! Everything from the rehearsal to the wedding day went perfect and I couldn't have done it without her and her teams help (Thanks to Lauren too!!) Can't give enough positive feedback about Niki and the Clover Events team! you need them!!!
    Julia K. Married on 08/17/2019

The perfect planner!

Clover events was amazing! Katherine planned everything, we could not have asked for more. My husband and I had a large (250 people) Indian fusion wedding (he's Indian, I am not) and we needed help planning both our Friday night event and our Saturday wedding. In addition to this, neither of us live in Chicago so we were relying heavily on Clover events to attend meetings and make plans on our behalf. Katherine met with all of our vendors and had previously working relationships with many of them which made our lives a lot easier. She came up with our wedding timeline and was very flexible amongst our family's many demands. Our wedding ended up being the best day of either of our lives and we are so thankful to Katherine for making it happen!

Clover Events's reply:

What kind words, Julia! Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure working with you and Krishna and your wedding day was a dream! Wishing you all the best in your future!
  • Bruce
    Bruce P. Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing to work with

We worked with Niki at Clover Events for our wedding this past weekend. I can not emphasize enough how critical of a role she played in month-of planning. Niki was amazing in guiding us and making our day come together.

We had a ceremony and reception an hour away with 180 guests so logistics was important. On top of that, Niki was able to provide advice for us to make the day run a lot smoother.

I can't recommend her for wedding planning enough.
    Kathryn Married on 07/13/2019

So worth it!

If you're considering hiring Clover Events (and specifically Niki Gubernat--I didn't get to work with Katherine, although I'm sure she's lovely), DO IT! My husband and I were totally new to the wedding planning thing, and although we found most of our vendors on our own and/or through our venue, we were especially nervous about pulling everything together. This was where Niki came in. She was so much more than just a day-of coordinator; she met with us initially to provide an overview of her services, checked in with a phone call about six months before the wedding, and then really jumped in about six weeks out.

Ironically, a few nights before our long timeline meeting with Niki, I had my first real moments of panic about the wedding: How was I possibly going to manage all of these vendors, wedding party members, and other folks?! Following our meeting, I felt SO much better. It was clear that Niki (and her assistant Lauren) had everything covered. They thought of questions and tasks that never would have even crossed my mind, and having Niki take over all communication with the vendors was so helpful! She was also great during our walk-through meeting and provided the perfect mix of kindness and assertiveness, and we were in almost constant communication in the days and weeks leading up to the wedding. Niki was able to handle so much and really just left us to take care of items that only we could do: creating a seating chart, buying bridesmaids gifts, etc.

On the day of the wedding, I was so relieved to see Niki when things started to get moving, because I knew that I had nothing to worry about. She did a great job of directing the members of the wedding party on all of the little things: When to get dressed, where to meet after our first look, etc., and she also addressed any other questions they had. (She had also put together a fantastic timeline for the wedding party with minute-by-minute plans, and we got a lot of rave reviews on this!) I wasn't around for this, but apparently Niki also did an amazing job of packing up all of our items following the reception. My mom said that she would have been worth the money just for completing this task!

TL;DR: Hire Clover Events. You won't be disappointed and will enjoy your wedding so much more because your stress level will be so much lower!
    Jennifer Married on 07/06/2019

Great coordinators!

We worked with Jessica for our July wedding for "month of" coordination and she did an amazing job.
    She helped write up a day-of timeline and coordinated with all of our vendors in the month leading up to the wedding day. While we felt pretty organized before she started, Jessica guided us through questions that we wouldn't have thought of in advance. It was so helpful to have her alongside us.
    On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant were a joy to have around and were always there when we needed something, thinking one or two steps ahead of us. She even ninja-crafted a ring bearer boutonniere out of flower petals in mere seconds.
    In hindsight, we are SO glad we hired a coordinator so that we and our families and friends didn't have to run around or stress on our wedding day. And we're even more glad it was Jessica and Clover.

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jen and Drew! We loved working with you as well! All our best!
    Donna H. Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Wedding Planner

From our very first meeting there wasn’t a doubt in our minds that Katherine was the perfect fit for our daughter and us. She is the consummate professional every step of the way. She made our planning so wonderful with all of her suggestions. Everyone that was recommended from her was first rate and a perfect match for our wedding. Katherine and her staff made our beautiful day the most wonderful wedding anyone could have ever asked for.

Clover Events's reply:

Donna, it was such an absolute pleasure working with you, Dave, Colleen and Tom! Their wedding day was so, so beautiful!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy G. Married on 06/01/2019

Chicago Illuminating Company Wedding / Niki

Niki from Clover did an exceptional job with our wedding. She made our lives so much easier through the whole process. She's extremely personable and knows her stuff. Getting married is no joke in terms of how much energy you are going to spend getting every little variable as perfect as possible. You will thank yourself for working with her. She's a pro and very responsive. Niki, thank you from me and Samantha, you are just stellar and helped us create the perfect night. Highly recommended!!!
  • Julia
    Julia Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing, fun, and the best wedding team!

The clover events team is truly spectacular. They helped us with our rehearsal dinner and wedding day. Our rehearsal dinner included all of our wedding guests and clover events really pulled it off. Our day was stress free because of them!
  • Ryan
    Ryan P. Married on 03/09/2019

Clover and the Team was Great

They helped us create an amazing, flawless wedding. From start to finish the team helped us make key decisions, see the big picture and then execute an amazing day.
  • Casandra
    Casandra Married on 02/23/2019

Niki from Clover Events is AMAZING!!!!!

Niki was my Month-Of Wedding Coordinator and I could not be HAPPIER! She was amazing to work with! Kind, organized, detail-oriented, understanding, and so hard-working! She really got to know me & my now-husband. She cared deeply about learning our preferences, styles, family dynamics, and vision for our big day, and worked tirelessly to ensure that we had our dream wedding! The price we paid compared to the services and piece of mind we got with Niki was an absolute steal. She worked so hard on our behalf for the entire month before and the entire day of the wedding. I would give Niki from Clover Events the absolute highest recommendation possible! You will not be disappointed!!
  • Kevin
    Kevin Married on 10/13/2018

Must have coordinator for your wedding!

We are very well prepared, organized and controlling individuals. For the most part we tend take care of all planning in our lives on our own and we thought we would tackle the task of putting together our wedding on our own.

We settled on our venue, the LondonHouse Chicago late October 2017 and we finally celebrated our big day in 10/13/18. We were partially through the halfway point when we were introduced to this amazingly awesome person, Niki Gubernat.

On 7/24/18 we had an appointment to meet with Niki at the Starbucks in downtown Naperville. It's an awkward feeling at first because you never know the type of person you are going to meet. Also, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to act like my happy careless self or if I have to act like a mature grown up so that I don't embarrass my now wife, Mari. Well, I was on my best behavior and the meeting went awesome. Niki was super informative and listened rather than trying to pitch us reasons why we should choose her. She was taking thorough notes on her massive iPad and she provided us examples of other itineraries she had for her current clients. It was a very nice meeting and we could not have asked for a nicer person to click with.

The meeting lasted a little over and hour and then we parted ways with a lot to think about. It took all but about 2 minutes after meeting with Niki for us to decide that we wanted to move forward with having Niki by our side throughout the rest of our wedding journey. The entire car ride home we couldn't find a negative about our meeting and we laughed at how quickly we came to a decision. I emailed Niki the next with the heading, "Let's do it!"

From that point on, we compiled a list of every vendor we had already hired along with their email address, phone number, website and total balances paid and due. Niki then reached out to all of the vendors and let them know that she was now in charge of our lives for the next few months. A spreadsheet was created and timelines was made to help keep us and the vendors in check.

On 8/21, we had a kickoff call scheduled just to follow up from everything that had been taken care of over the weeks that just passed. It was quick and simple. We just spoke over speaker and it allowed Mari and myself to ask a few more questions and also hear everything that was accomplished so far. Once again, the phone call meeting was over and we were happy and felt very at ease with the process so far.

The next meeting was on 9/4 at Basil's Greek restaurant in Aurora. This meeting was definitely where we started to feel like Niki became a friend rather than somebody we hired. We ordered way too much food and as Mari and I stuffed our faces, Niki was diligently putting notes into her iPad. Mari finally made her stop working and practically forced Niki to eat. We laughed, drank, ate and then we accidentally burned the corner of the dessert menu on the candle.

Our last meeting before the big day was on 9/27 at the LondonHouse. Niki reached out to every vendor and to the hotel's Director of Weddings to coordinate this meeting. During the meeting, we were able to establish a final timeline, meeting points, and button up the final details. Knowing that Niki drove from her home in the Western suburbs to meet us in Chicago meant that she really did care about making our wedding day stress free and perfect.

The day before our wedding we had our rehearsal and Niki and her assistant was also there to make sure that things went smooth. She got us all lined up, provided her advice, we listened and the rehearsal was a success.

Finally, our wedding day was here. Niki was with us starting from 5pm. She brought along 2 other team members and they were all by our sides until a little after midnight. This is where we finally realized how crucial it was to have our newfound friend Niki here. She got everybody to every planned location at the times needed. I forgot everything I was supposed to do. I even forgot to bring the rings and Mari's gift down from the room. Niki was a text away and she was on top of it. She kept the entire event in check, all of the vendors on schedule and she also made sure the banquet staff was on top of their game. At one point somebody spilled a drink on the dance floor and she was immediately on top of the issue.

Hey, I know that there are probably a ton of wedding coordinators to choose from in Chicago, but I am confident that you can't go wrong with picking Niki Gubernat! She is just a down to earth family person like the rest of us. Looking back at everything, I can't think of anything more that we could have asked from Niki. You can make a huge wrong decision in hiring just anybody or you can just be smart like us and simply choose Niki. I'd guarantee that your day will go 100% as planned.

Thanks for everything Niki!
    Kevin and Mari Frank
    #justbefranks

Side note, her husband Peter Gubernat takes awesome video and photos. Check out redandolive.
    Kate Married on 09/29/2018
    Katherine and her team are absolutely incredible. I cannot speak highly enough of them. They were so on top of everything involved in my wedding and made the day so special for my husband and I. I really didn't know where to start with my wedding planning and what options I had for vendors. Katherine did an amazing job of connecting us with great vendors in Chicago and always worked within our budget. She was responsive and on top of everything. She listened intently and always delivered exactly what I wanted and expected. She's assertive (my husband and I called her our bulldog) with other vendors and keeps everyone in line. This is EXTREMELY important come the big day because brides (and grooms) do not want to deal with trying to keep everyone on top of what is going on and making sure their vision comes to fruition. That was a godsend and I cannot thank her enough for that.

Katherine is truly an incredible person and wedding planner. I would recommend her to everyone and anyone. She's the best there is. This cannot be stated enough. I am so grateful I found her and you'll be grateful you did too. Thank you so so much Katherine!!!

Clover Events's reply:

Kate, thank you so much for the glowing review! LOVED working with you, Brandon and your family - you're all wonderful people! Wish you all the best!!
    Kristin Married on 08/25/2018
    Working with Katherine and Niki at Clover Events was such a positive experience! We hired Katherine for month-of coordination and help sourcing vendors. We were planning our wedding from San Francisco, so Katherine’s expertise in Chicago wedding vendors was invaluable (we loved each and every vendor she recommended! Our only problem vendor was the one I selected without her input…). She went out of her way to be accommodating with scheduling appointments (with her and other vendors) when we were in town. Katherine did an excellent job of listening to our vision for the event, but also guiding us and letting us know if and when our initial thoughts might not turn out well. I particularly appreciated Katherine’s calm demeanor during the wedding weekend itself – she was smiling and seemed unphased by issues as they arose. Communication was excellent throughout the process. Our wedding day was a dream, and Katherine and her team played a large part in making it possible.

Clover Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristin! We loved working with you!!
    Ashley Married on 08/18/2018

Look no further...

Working with Clover Events has always been an amazing experience- and Niki Gubernat is no exception! She's friendly, attentive, detail-focused and knowledgeable. Everything day of (and the weeks leading up to the big day) ran so smooth and seam-lessly. Every base had been throughly covered and every detail thought about. I would recommend her again in a heartbeat!