Cloud Nine Event Company Reviews

40 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

40 Reviews for Cloud Nine Event Company

40 Cloud Nine Event Company Reviews

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2018

We could not have been happier with Lindsay planning our three wedding events (welcome party, ceremony/ reception, and brunch) for our wedding. Our year and a half planning process was seamless (and fun!), the entire weekend went perfectly, and I trust that even if it hadn’t, my husband and I never would have known. We loved our experience working with Lindsay over the year of wedding planning and heard from so many people that our wedding weekend was the best wedding they had ever attended.

Organization and experience: Lindsay made our lives so easy while planning a wedding. She was incredibly organized at every stage of our planning; taking detailed notes that were easy to access later once I forgot everything we had discussed, managing every vendor contract and required documentation, and tracking when payments were due and how much throughout the process.

Trustworthy and dedicated professional: Even before hiring Lindsay, we knew we could trust her completely. Lindsay and I exchanged 50 emails before even talking about signing a contract with Cloud Nine; we discussed venue options, Tahoe weddings in general, and each time Lindsay provided thoughtful and valuable input without making me feel pressured to hire her.

She is also an expert in the industry in Tahoe, and we loved our entire team of vendors we worked with (all Lindsay’s recommendation). Lindsay provided amazing recommendations (without overwhelming us with options). We could also trust her to work completely with the vendors on her own, which was a huge benefit to the planning process (not having to manage 10 different vendors myself? Yes, please!) and follow through where needed.

Almost everyone I know has had a planner add additional stress to their lives, or wish they hired a wedding planner. My husband and I considered ourselves incredibly fortunate to have had such a easy and enjoyable time planning and are so thrilled we hired Lindsay to help our day go absolutely perfectly.

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Cloud Nine Event Company 1
    Cloud Nine Event Company 2
    Cloud Nine Event Company 3

Cloud Nine Event Company's reply:

Sarah, I feel so fortunate that you and Michael chose me to help you plan your wedding celebrations! I had so much fun getting to know you both over the last year and absolutely loved being a part of your beautiful wedding weekend in Tahoe. Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of my services...it is clients that you that make this job so incredibly rewarding!

Dan · Married on 08/26/2018

Lindsay was simply incredible. Calm, organized, thoughtful, and meticulous... We could not think of a better planner by any stretch of the imagination. A few snapshots come to mind:

1. In planning a beach party, Lindsay showed up 3 hours early to set up, hold space on the beach, and ensure that every detail went smoothly.
    2. When a glass broke on our dance floor at the wedding, Lindsay brought out a broom and swept it up herself.
    3. On the wedding night, Lindsay was literally the last person to leave (staying til 1am), bringing our extra programs back to our house for us, tying up loose ands, and even changing the water in our flowers so they would last an extra few days.
    4. Lindsay was amazing at dealing with our parents during their crazier moments.
    5. Lindsay took care of all communication with vendors in an expert fashion.

I could keep going on and on, but I think you get the point. Lindsay was perfection.

-Dan and Kim

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2018

I can't begin to describe how lucky we felt to have Lindsay as our wedding planner/coordinator. Initially, I was not sure what my vision was for our wedding. Lindsay helped me walk through floral appointments, bounce off ideas, and provide her opinions (which I always requested hehe) throughout the process. I truly felt like Lindsay wanted to make our wedding just as special for us as she would have for her own wedding. I was able to ask Lindsay a billion questions throughout the months leading up to the wedding and she always responded swiftly and settled my nerves. I am a very Type A person and letting go is not always easy for me but knowing Lindsay was in charge put my mind at ease. For my wedding I had this crazy idea of purchasing my own mirror for a table setting and Lindsay volunteered for me to mail it to her house (as I was planning a destination wedding) so I wouldn't have to burden the grooms family (who lives about an hour from the venue) to hold onto the mirror until the wedding. I could not believe how quickly she offered to do such a thing and it made things so much less complicated for the family. The day before our wedding, Lindsay helped us run through the ceremony and passed out itineraries for all the wedding party and family to have. These were so helpful so everyone had a clear timeline in which they needed to follow the day of the wedding. I was sick the day before the wedding and it was apparent I was becoming overwhelmed. Lindsay reminded me she has it all taken care of and to just enjoy the day and I was confident knowing things would run without a hitch. The day of the wedding we had some craziness occur but Lindsay handled all problems with ease! To list off a few - grooms hair was crazy and she found him some hairspray, there was some family drama and she kept me (bride) as calm as possible, she went back to my room near the venue to grab me a makeup compact which I had forgotten, she rebustled my dress when it broke. Highly recommend!

Hailey · Married on 08/18/2018

Lindsay was an absolute joy to work with! The system she uses for organization and planning was extremely user friendly and helped keep us on track throughout the process.
    We do not live in the Tahoe area, so it was wonderful having someone who knew the area and the vendors well to help us with scheduling, decisions, etc. Our wedding was at Lakeview Lodge on the top of Heavenly and Lindsay helped us deliver all of our personal items to the venue, which was a huge help. This was not an easy task as everything had to be loaded onto the aerial tram and onto a shuttle to make it to the venue location.
    Lindsay had also previously worked with most of our vendors, which made the actual wedding day run seamlessly. The timeline on our wedding day was perfect; we didn’t feel rushed but there was also never too much lull time.
    I would highly recommend Lindsay as a planner for anyone’s big day; ours would not have been the same without her!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Cloud Nine Event Company's reply:

Thank you Hailey for all your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Cameron and your amazing families! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your beautiful day...it was truly an honor!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/28/2018

If you want the best wedding of all time, you should hire Lindsay. I worked with her for about a year and a half to plan our perfect wedding weekend in Tahoe. She guided us through every step of the process - from helping us pick our venue, florist, band, food, make-up/hair, schedule to helping navigate all of the dreams and wishes of two families in two different states, Lindsay is, simply put, the best. Lindsay was involved every step of the way and able to provide us with realistic and helpful advice. She was also incredibly responsive to every concern along the way.

I really don't know what else to say -- if you want the best, most reliable, most fun, most lovely wedding planner, hire Lindsay and Cloud Nine.

Nina · Married on 06/16/2018

Lindsay is incredible!!! She was so professional and was able to handle all of our issues without blinking an eye! She was easy to eat in touch with and made the best recommendations. I could relax and enjoy the wedding day knowing she had it handled! I could have never done it without her and wouldn’t want to!!! Our wedding was amazing!!! If you get married in Tahoe you can’t do it without Lindsay!

Cloud Nine Event Company 4

Christiana · Married on 05/27/2018

Lindsay was awesome and such an important part of our day. I knew when I started planning our wedding that I do not want to worry about a single thing the day of, which meant I needed to find a planner that we could trust and depend on. A couple friends of ours recommended Lindsay to us and what a great choice! Even though we booked the month-of service, Lindsay answered any and all questions I had and responded to all my emails promptly during the 1+ years I spent planning. She even met up with us for an appointment with our florist so we could finally meet in person. The days leading up to our wedding, we communicated a lot about the details which I appreciated. Finally it was our wedding day and I felt very calm and relaxed. I knew that even if something went wrong, Lindsay would be on top of it. My sister/MOH realized she forgot her bouquet at our Airbnb maybe 10 minutes before our ceremony was supposed to start and Lindsay had her assistant grab it and we ended up being only a few minutes late. She worked well with all our vendors and kept everything running so smoothly. She continuously checked in with us throughout the day and evening to make sure we had everything we needed, even if that's a glass of champagne or wine! Thank you Lindsay and team for making sure our day went off without a hitch and was stress free...it was such a special day and we couldn't thank you enough.

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot say enough how amazing Lindsay and Cloud Nine are for wedding coordination and planning! If you are looking for a day-of coordinator or overall wedding planner, I would strongly advise you to stop looking and use them - they will truly take care of you and not leave you with anything to worry about on your big day!

I used them for their day-of wedding coordination services, and they helped me so much with last minute details leading up to the wedding - serving as primary communicator and receiver for all my vendors, ensuring there was a day-of timeline (and that it was followed), leading the wedding rehearsal, helping me book some last minute vendors to really put the the wedding over the top, and all around being a great support for questions/concerns/issues that would crop up. As someone who's pretty organized myself and didn't know if I needed a coordinator, I was so glad I did. I had zero concerns about the day being a success because Cloud Nine and Lindsay were so on top of things while I was enjoying the day.

Lindsay is absolutely amazing - extremely organized, 110% committed to her clients, and really invested in making sure your big day is perfect - going above and beyond to make sure it is. My bridesmaids and everyone around me kept telling me how great she is - she's seriously the best!

As I said, do yourself a favor and put your big day in the best hands - you will be so glad you did.

Chelsey · Married on 01/13/2018

Cloud Nine was recommended to me, specifically Lindsay. Lindsay did EVERYTHING. From answering panicked emails at night, to pinning closed my broken wedding dress zipper, Lindsay was amazingggg. She coordinated all the venders and had a schedule for the day of. Not to mention how she handled instructions and requests from both me and my mother. If you think you don't need a planner, you're wrong. You need Lindsay!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Cloud Nine Event Company's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsey! It was an absolute pleasure working with you! Congratulations to you and Kevin again!

brittnee · Married on 12/02/2017

After interviewing 3 wedding planners I knew Lindsay was a perfect match for Steve and I. The way she answered all my questions with such detail and even gave me ideas that I didn't even think about all on the first day of meeting I knew I needed her by my side on my wedding! Throughout the whole planning process she was there every step of the way. She answered all my emails promptly and put me to ease during the most stressful times. Being miles away from my wedding venue made me rely on her a lot and she exceeded my expectations of being hands on for me. She gave me advice and handled things I didn't even think about! The day of the wedding would not have gone smoothly without her! She was on top of everything! I got to enjoy my wedding knowing she was handling vendors, random issues and guests. She goes over and beyond then what a normal wedding planners job is and that sets her apart from the rest. She truly loves her job and you can see that from her which makes wedding planning that much more exciting with her a part of it! Being a control freak myself made it very hard to let someone else run the most important day of my life, but she was fantastic and my family and guests loved her! So if you are looking for an exceptional planner who goes over and beyond for not only the bride, but the groom and her family then look no further! Let go Let Lindsay!

Sagar · Married on 10/28/2017

Lindsay was absolutely fantastic. We hired her for day of/month of coordination and she was perfect throughout the whole process. We used all of her recommendations, from photographers to hair and makeup to even the henna artist for our Indian wedding. Indian wedding are notorious for being late and running long but because she did such an amazing job coordinating our vendors and wrangling our families, all of our events went more smoothly than we could've imagined. Cloud Nine is the best!

Denise · Married on 09/23/2017

Lindsay was worth her weight in gold on our wedding day! She kept everything running smoothly, ironed out any last minute changes and kept us free to enjoy our day! Cannot speak highly enough of her!!

Shannon · Married on 09/16/2017

Lindsay helped me stay sane during wedding planning. She was not only a sounding board for my frustrations with various elements, but she also offered great advice for any problems I experienced leading up to the wedding. My stresses melted away leading up to the wedding and the day of because I knew Lindsay and her assistant would have everything handled - and I was right! Besides a few hiccups that were out of both of our hands, the wedding went smoothly and I have to thank Lindsay and her team for making the day so enjoyable for us and our guests. I also heavily relied on Lindsay to help with setting up the decor of the wedding and I was not disappointed - every element I had purchased was placed perfectly. She really helped to create the wedding of my dreams and I can't say thank her enough!

Monica · Married on 08/18/2017

Lindsay is AMAZING!!! From the minute we met her, we knew we were in great hands. She was incredible throughout the entire wedding process. Always accessible and helpful. We couldn't have done this without her and her assistant Ashley and can't begin to thank her enough. Lindsay's attention to detail is unmatched, as is her knowledge of putting together such an event. She/Cloud Nine was truly the glue that held us all together...from start to finish. They didn't miss a thing, worked so hard and were so thoughtful and accommodating every step of the way. We recommend Lindsay and Cloud Nine a thousand times over and would encourage anyone to utilize their services.

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2017

HIRE LINDSAY! We got married July 2017 and had the most amazing experience working with Lindsay. She took on the challenge of working with a bride/groom that were living on the East Coast and getting married in Lake Tahoe. We had an outdoor/tent wedding where EVERYTHING had to be brought in and Lindsay made this process seamless.

I only had two days on the west coast after I got engaged and after meeting several Tahoe wedding planners we easily made the decision to go with Cloud Nine. Lindsay just immediately put us at ease and really listened to the vision we had for the wedding.

Lindsay helped us with ALL aspects of the wedding- the vision, the details, negotiations, timeline, invites, the vows, dogs as ring bearers, cigar bars, everything. She really made our dream into a reality. Not to mention, she truly is a wonderful person.

Bottom line: I do not have a yelp/weddingwire account and never write reviews but felt compelled to write one because of how special she made our wedding.

Valerie · Married on 07/15/2017

Lindsey and Ashley were the absolute best!!!! I hired them for their 'day of' services since we were having a small (60 person) casual wedding in Tahoe. As the day grew near, the amount of assistance I needed became more and more...and they were there every step of the way! I felt the went above & beyond what I hired them for and they were worth every penny & more! On the day of the wedding, Ashley was there from morning to night coordinating every single detail. I'm a little controlling and a bit of an over-planner, so turning over things to someone else is hard for me. But Ashely was completely trustworthy and was as if I had cloned myself....but better and more experiencing in all things wedding! I couldn't have pulled it off with them. Thank you!!!

Cloud Nine Event Company 5
    Cloud Nine Event Company 6
    Cloud Nine Event Company 7
  • Marta

Marta · Married on 07/15/2017

There are not enough thanks and words for how incredible Lindsay at Cloud Nine was!
    My husband and I did the month of package but from the start, Lindsay was amazing. She responded to emails quickly and always provided her input on anything we needed.
    We were stressed to the max the month before the wedding but Lindsay always put us at ease and made us feel comfortable.
    The day before the wedding we ran into some issues and changes were required..Lindsay told us not to worry and told me she'd take care of everything..which she of course did!
    Our wedding day went off without a hitch and it was in huge part to her hard work. She made us feel as if we were her only wedding and made me feel calm and at ease day off. She genuinely cares about her couples and wants them to have the best day.
    I can't imagine our day without Lindsay! If you are looking for somebody friendly and hardworking, look no further.
    Lindsay you were my fairy godmother! Thank you for everything!!!

Lori · Married on 07/07/2017

I cannot express my gratitude enough for Lindsay and her assistant, Ashley. Nothing I can say could translate the gratitude my new husband and I have for Lindsay. We live two hours away from our wedding venue so we had no prior knowledge of any of the wedding vendors in the Lake Tahoe area. Lindsay knew all of the vendors and their work quite well and was able to connect us with the perfect vendors that gave us exactly what we envisioned for our wedding and more.

She was available for questions (and we had a lot of them) via email, telephone, and texting. She kept us on schedule with all of the necessary wedding tasks as well as on our actual day of the wedding. Her dedication, positive attitude, organization, and knowledge were the key to making our dream come true for the perfect wedding. She also helped us coordinate the festivities the day after our wedding, which included a yacht cruise on the lake and a sunset dinner on the beach. She helped keep my stress level at bay (which is a full-time job in itself). I became so attached to Lindsay that I often referred to her as “my everything” and right before walking down the aisle with my dad, I turned around and shouted to Lindsay (as she was straightening out my wedding dress) “I love you Lindsay!” I guarantee any bride that has and will work with Lindsay will feel the same way about her.

Having Lindsay as our wedding coordinator was the best decision we could have ever made. Her pricing is very reasonable and in fact she should raise her pricing based on the quality and efficiency of her work.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Cloud Nine Event Company's reply:

Lori, thank you so much! Planning your wedding was definitely one of the highlights of my career. I hope to continue the friendship beyond our role as planner & bride! Thank you again for trusting me with your big day!

Kristara · Married on 06/17/2017

Lindsay is amazing!! She helped with our day of coordination, which was actually month of plus some. She was willing to chat and provide suggestions months in advance of our wedding to help with the planning. She was professional, has amazing industry knowledge, and was a huge help in the days leading up to our wedding. She perfectly executed everything we had talked about and even a few things we hadn't. Whether you are looking for full-service, or just some help as your day gets closer, I would definitely recommend the Cloud Nine team!

Carolyn · Married on 06/11/2017

Mark and I live in San Francisco and hired Lindsay to help us plan our wedding at West Shore Cafe in June 2017. Lindsay's attention to detail, relationship with local vendors, cool/calm demeanor, friendly personality, organization, and positive attitude were exactly what Mark and I needed to make our dream wedding a reality. Lindsay went above and beyond in every aspect of her role as wedding planner and we can't thank her enough. She kept us on track with checklists, notes, budgets, and other tools with an online program called AislePlanner which we used quite often. She helped recommend and select the best vendors in Tahoe, which would've been an overwhelming task if Mark and I had done it alone. She met with us several times in person when we visited Tahoe, and came up with itineraries for our vendor meetings. When wedding weekend came around and it looked like it was potentially going to snow (in JUNE), Lindsay helped us come up with a Plan B for our outdoor ceremony and dinner. She helped negotiate a heated tent, and came up with a new seating arrangement for inside. Generally, having Lindsay as a partner during our wedding process was absolutely necessary. I couldn't imagine going through the wedding planning process without her!!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Cloud Nine Event Company's reply:

Carolyn & Mark, Thank you so much for this amazing review! Your wedding was one of the most fun weddings I have EVER been a part of. You two were a dream to work with and I feel lucky to have been chosen as your planner. I hope to see you in Tahoe again soon... Thank you again.

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2017

Emily and Lindsay were very helpful with each of our questions and requests leading up to the wedding. Emily took charge during our rehearsal and made me feel very comfortable that she had everything handled for the day. When Emily got sick the day of, the owner of the company, Lindsay, jumped in without even the slightest hiccup. It was so smooth and she worked very hard to see that each of our requests were met. Beyond that, she did an amazing job cleaning up for us and we were SO THANKFUL!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Cloud Nine Event Company's reply:

Thank you Alyssa! We loved being a part of your big day. You were a beautiful bride and we agree it was a fantastic event!

Caitlin · Married on 05/20/2017

I wish I could give Lindsay more than 5 stars! From the early stages of planning, to the day of and even the day after, she was extremely helpful! Lindsay not only helped us with all of the vendor management and coordination but gave us advice / suggestions when we were unsure what to do. She has the previous experiences of wedding planning to make any bride and groom feel confident that everything is taken care of. I wish Lindsay could be in my everyday life :)

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2017

Lindsay was absolutely amazing. If you are considering using her for your wedding or event think no more and just call her. She is so great to work with (I want to hang with her after our wedding because she is so fun and down to earth) and she is also very detailed oriented and experienced.

We had a lot of trouble with our wedding venue in that about 3 weeks before the wedding we lost of reception site and had to scramble to figure out new arrangements. First of all Lindsay kept me calm. She was on calls with the vendor and helped to figure out a fast solution. She offered her expert advice so we could figure out the best possible option. She went above and beyond to help us out. She drove 50 miles each way to see our new site. She did not have to do this but she wanted to help in anyway she could. She also contacted several vendors to get information for potential last minute rentals for our backup site. I could go on and on but in short she went above and beyond!

She helped with all the details the month before in coordinating with the vendors and make sure they had everything they needed. Our venue was a little complex with getting vendors up the tram and such so she coordinated a lot. It was a huge help as I had so much to take care of to get ready for the wedding. On the wedding day some of our seating arrangement signs were not in the box and Lindsay stood there telling each guest where to sit. She handled the situation with grace and saved us from a situation that could have gotten stressful.

The wedding went off without a hitch and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Lindsay helped to transform our wedding venue (a ski resort which truthfully needed a little sprucing) to the most magical place on earth. We got so many comments from guests about how perfect it was and beautiful and how much they loved all the details that Lindsay was very careful to orchestrate. In short, we couldn't have done it all without her. Thank you Lindsay!!

Kristin · Married on 01/27/2017

Lindsay is incredible. Period. Any couple that has her to plan their event is lucky. We had a destination wedding and were planning our wedding from the other side of the country. Lindsay was there for literally every step of the way. Initially my fiancee didn't think we needed a coordinator and I talked him into getting one. She is incredibly passionate about what she does and it shows. By the time our day arrived, my fiancee said he was going to give Lindsay a hug because she kept me sane through the process. Our winter wedding went off without a hitch. It was an absolutely incredibly, beautiful event and our friends called it an "Epic party."

Along with her impeccable organization and planning skills, I think one of the things that impressed me the most was her responsiveness. Whenever I had a question about anything along the way she responded to me usually within a few hours. Even on weekends when she was working at another event, she would at least let me know she received my email and would get back to me ASAP after her aother event was done.

Thank you Lindsay for our beautiful day! We were sad to see it come to an end.

Erica · Married on 09/24/2016

If I could give Lindsay a million stars I would. She hands down made our perfect day PERFECT! Throughout the whole process she was so much more than just a "wedding planner" - she was fun to work with, always there to listen and guide me through what were sometimes stressful decisions to make and became a very trusted advisor at every step. She gave us the right amount of guidance and advice in vendor selection while still letting us make the final decisions. Lindsay not only went above and beyond in every way possible to make sure our families were comfortable the day of and that everything went smoothly, she also did this throughout the planning process by scheduling all of the meetings and visit itineraries when we came to town for planning. I literally cannot imagine going through the whole process without her right next to me!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Cloud Nine Event Company's reply:

Thank you so much, Erica, for the sweet words and for being SO much fun to work with! I'll definitely miss our texts and calls about random throw pillows, colored agate pieces, and awesome Home Goods finds. Your wedding will always hold a special place in my heart. Keep in touch!