Closer North Reviews

55 | Brewer, ME

55 Reviews for Closer North

lindsay · Married on 08/05/2017

We recommend Closer North very highly! We hired Closer North for our wedding day and did an engagement photo shoot with them. Not only do the staff take great photos, but they are a pleasure to work with, especially Erica. Erica did our engagement photo shoot and did a wonderful job suggesting shots, getting plenty of photos and making the final products look really fantastic. Leading up to the wedding day Erica was very thorough in her preparations to ensure her staff knew what they needed to do and when. On our wedding day we worked with Ember and Kalyn, who are both super nice and did a really wonderful job capturing so many great moments from our amazing day. Ember even took the time to meet with us in person before the wedding day. We really could not more highly recomend Closer North, they're great!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Maurice · Married on 07/14/2017

Erica did a profound job with our wedding pictures. Her competence, time, professionalism and patience throughout the wedding planning process as well as on the wedding day made my wife and I feel very comfortable and relaxed knowing that our special day would be captured. We were also shocked at how quickly she edited and returned our photos to us! They succeed in making anything ordinary look extraordinary and can make any environment a magical photo! Closer North was a great choice for our wedding photography, we can't say enough good about this company and I would recommend this company for any couple looking for a photographer who won't disappoint!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Jessie · Married on 07/07/2017

I want to start off by saying I am an extremely indecisive person.  Despite my indecision, When I first started planning my wedding I knew exactly who I wanted to be my photographer! Closer North was the first vendor I booked, even before I bought my dress or figured on a venue! I knew the quality of work that came out of this company and I knew that I could trust them to capture our special day and they did NOT disappoint!  They managed to blend in and capture pictures without my even knowing...Jordan is a ninja...I had no idea he was there for half of the pictures! I also appreciated how calm Erica (the owner) was throughout the whole process! She was very patient with me (even with my indecision) and even helped me with my timeline!! They were awesome throughout the whole process and I'm so thankful that I booked them! Can't say thank you enough!! ❤❤

Sent on 09/16/2017

Rhonda · Married on 06/17/2017

Fantastic photographers. Ember was our photographer, there wasn't a chance of sun in the sky, but she made the wedding pictures look amazing! A+ we will definitely use Closer North again!

Sent on 06/25/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 05/27/2017

Hiring Closer North was one of the best decisions we made for our winter engagement and spring wedding photos. We will never hire another photographer. Erica is an extremely talented photographer and a fun person to be around. She made us feel at ease and even helped to calm me down a little before walking down the aisle. We fell in love with her unique style. Some of my favorite photos are of some candid moments before my bridesmaids and I were even dressed. I have had so many compliments on the photos and several guests ask me how we found our photographer! We plan to hire Erica and her team for years to come to document our family and other events we may host. Thank you Erica and Closer North! These photos are worth every penny. You will not regret it if you hire Closer North.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Josh · Married on 03/11/2017

Erica is incredible. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the day. She makes you feel extremely comfortable – it's like you're there with a friend. She's quick and efficient; and very talented. Our photos are absolutely amazing!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Haley · Married on 02/04/2017

I spent a great deal of time researching photographers to capture our special day. I considered the photographer to be one of the most important investments we would make towards our wedding. I had seen Erica's photography before, and after looking at many other wedding photographers' FB pages, I quickly realized that her work couldn't even begin to compare to others. From the moment I booked Closer North, Erica was consistently prompt with emails, answering questions, and always asking me if there was anything she could do to help me! She helped me to put together the timeline for the day of the wedding (something that was really stressing me out) and that was such a huge relief to me to have someone so helpful. The day of the wedding, Erica and Jordan not only beautiful captured our day through their photos, but they helped the events of the day to flow together seamlessly. Erica has such an artistic eye and is so attentive to detail, I guarantee she will capture every important moment during your wedding day and then some; she surely did with ours. Erica and Jordan even braved the cold with us so that we could get the winter shots I had been wanting so badly! Overall, I would recommend Closer North over and over again to anyone that asks. Your wedding photos are photos that you will look at and show to others for the rest of your life; I am so glad that I chose Closer North and that I have their beautiful photography to remember my wedding day by.

Sent on 02/12/2017

susie · Married on 01/07/2017

Our pictures were just beyond our expectations, we show them to everyone! We highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Closer North's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!!

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2016

My sister got married last night and first thing the NEXT morning we had a sneak peak that made my cry. My sister shared with Erica of Closer North that her dream was to have a winter wonderland on her wedding day. Erica noticed that it was snowing outside hours after the reception started, so she took the bride and groom outside and snapped the picture that made my sisters dream come true. I am speechless that one picture taken by a
    Photographer that took the time to understand my sisters dream could make it come true less than 24 hours after the ceremony. I know who I will hire time and time again. Thank you Closer North, on behalf of my entire family we couldn't be more impressed and happy.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Danielle · Married on 09/30/2016

Erica and Jordan were the photographers for our wedding at the Mountain Top Inn & Resort in VT on 9/30/16. One of the most important vendors for my Husband and I was our photographer. We wanted to make sure someone would capture all the moments of our day so we could relive it for years to come. Without a doubt, Erica and Jordan did that and so much more. Words cannot describe how incredibly happy I am with choosing Closer North Photographer. From the first time we met Erica at our engagement photos until the wedding she made both of us feel so comfortable and at ease. On our wedding day Erica was seriously one of my favorite people. I truly felt like I could relax because she was so organized and kept us on schedule. All our wedding photos came out so amazingly beautiful and it is because our wonderful photographers can capture the most unique and natural photos. I would highly recommend Closer North Photography to any couple!!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Julie · Married on 09/24/2016

Erica is amazing!!!!! We loved working with her and she made us feel so comfortable. Her photos are lovely and we just loved her style!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Elise · Married on 08/27/2016

I can't say enough positive things about this photographer. Erica did our wedding and I can't thing of a single thing I would change. She is easy to work with and the photos are AMAZING! My fiance and I look like models in all the pictures (and we are definitely NOT models)! The pictures all look like they're out of a national geographic magazine because they're so good. You should book her. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2016

We had the absolute pleasure of working with multiple photographers from Closer North! We were very fortunate to have Erica capture our engagement photos at Fort Knox in Maine. Having professional photos taken can sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable, but within minutes Erica made us feel at ease and guided us through the process. As soon as we received our beautifully edited engagement photos, within what felt like no time, we knew we had made the right choice for our wedding!
    Erica continued to help us through the planning process, including a well thought out photographic timeline to help us organize our day. This was all mostly done via e-mail, which was the most convenient form of communication for us since we were planning our Maine wedding from Massachusetts. Erica was often quick to respond to any inquires or questions we had surrounding the details of our wedding, and we felt stress free by the time our big day had arrived (when it came to the photography!).
    We were very fortunate to work with Nikki and Jordan on our actual wedding day. They were both very professional, yet easy-going & friendly which helped put us at ease. Everything felt organized, and they were very efficient in getting the photos we wanted after the ceremony done in a timely manner, which we appreciated. They were with us all the way from getting ready at the hotel until people started to trickle out of the reception. Many of our guests commented on how non-intrusive Nikki and Jordan both were, and how they seemed to “blend in” with the wedding.
    As expected from our experience with our engagement photos, Erica had our wedding photos edited and mailed to us in such a timely and efficient manner. One that is almost unheard of in the photography industry! Erica’s editing skills are superior and wonderful, and we were pleased with all the details and moments Nikki and Jordan were able to capture. We would highly recommend Closer North

Sent on 10/30/2016

Krystle · Married on 07/31/2016

I can not express how much we recommend Erica from Closer North! We had our engagement photos and wedding photos taken by Erica and they are absolutely stunning, just amazing. Erica is so talented at what she does, she really has an eye for photography! Not only is she extremely talented, she is professional and easy going. My husband and I felt so comfortable around Erica, it felt like we met her before because she is so personable. I have to say that on our wedding day, I was starting to feel nervous and when I saw Erica show up, she was able to calm my nerves!!! I was happy to see her! We could not be happier with our overall experience with Erica at Closer North. We can not wait to hire Erica again for future photos!!!

Sent on 10/12/2016

danielleandjose · Married on 07/22/2016

This review of Closer North and our photographer Erica is long overdue from our wedding this past July in Bar Harbor. Erica is an exceptionally talented photographer and I would highly recommend her to any other couples or families. I loved how easy-going Erica was while still remaining extremely professional (not to mention her prices are much lower than many competitors without sacrificing quality). She helped me feel calm but also beautiful and confident on my wedding day. Even when my now-husband realized he forgot to shave during the first-look, she helped us laugh it off and take some time before the ceremony to regroup, shake off any stress, and let my fiance quickly shave :) We have some pretty spectacular photos from the wedding thanks to Erica, and the only challenge is that we have too many great photos to choose from. Thank you, Erica! -Danielle & Jose Zelaya

Sent on 11/27/2016

Meghan · Married on 06/10/2016

Erica was amazing. I had a very intimate ceremony (12 guests) and Erica not only captured our day perfectly, but she was easy to be around, managed to blend in despite there being so few people, and was very responsive leading up to the wedding. Because we didn't invite so many people in our lives, our photos were incredibly important. I can't tell you how many friends told me that my pictures were amazing and belonged in a magazine. I recommend Erica without any reservations.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Closer North's reply:

I appreciate your beautiful review. It even made me emotional! I love that your friends and family that weren't there could in a sense, still be there, with the photos. I was thrilled as well, with your story I was able to capture. Thank you so much!

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2016

Erica and Jordan of Closer North captured our wedding over Memorial Day weekend. My husband and I are so grateful to have worked with such a professional, talented and fun loving duo. The quality of their photography and a shared vision of incorporating nature into their photography is what won me over. Erica was very professional and organized through the whole process. We kept up do date via email and she was so prompt at answering all of my questions. She worked with me and my husband to come up with a time line, in order to capture everything we wanted. This is something I really appreciated because I am a big planner. On the day of the wedding it was comforting seeing Erica and Jordan. I had full confidence that they would be able to capture our wedding with the vision I was going for. The whole experience with the two of them was amazing. If we asked them to photograph something they were right on it. They did a fantastic job of paying attention to detail. They made the whole process so easy. Our wedding was the best day of our lives. We get to look back on that day and relive it over and over again through Erica and Jordan’s beautiful photographs. When Erica first posted the sneak peaks on Facebook I got emotional. I was so happy to see our wedding captured so perfectly. I had the flash drive with all of the photos and full rights within 2 weeks of the wedding. I couldn’t believe the incredible amount of work she did in such a short amount of time. We can’t thank Erica and Jordan enough for sharing their amazing talent with us. They are the entire package and worth every penny.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Closer North's reply:

Your review is so touching Jessica! I read it over and over. Thank you so much. You, Joe, and your families were so fantastic. I love that we got to spend time with you all and got to meet you twice!

Victoria · Married on 01/23/2016

We had the best possible experience! We found closer north on the Knot and we were incredibly happy with everything from the engagement shoot to the wedding. Erica and Jordan went above and beyond to make our day so special. Erica stayed in communication with us almost daily leading up to the big day and even helped supply us with a timeline for the big day! Our pictures came out amazing and every person who has seen them has asked for closer norths information for future events/weddings. Here on out any photography needs we may have we will definitely be going for Erica and her closer north team! Strongly recommend them for any event or photography shoot :-)

Sent on 09/29/2016

Kimberly · Married on 07/26/2015

I can't say enough good things about Closer North! We had both our engagement and wedding photos done with Erica and loved our experience. She totally put us at ease and was easy to work with. She went above and beyond answering questions even during the wedding planning process. Wonderful experience and loads of pictures we will treasure for a lifetime! I definitely recommend Closer North.

Closer North's reply:

Your Bar Harbor overcast wedding was a highlight! You and Nate were beyond beautiful together. Thank you so much for reviewing Kimberly.

Kimberly · Married on 07/26/2015

Brooke · Married on 07/18/2015

There are so many decisions that go into planning a wedding, and choosing Erica was easily one of the best ones I made! I have now hired her on 3 occasions, 2 being my engagement photos, and my wedding. Not only is she so professional and easy going, and willing to go anywhere to get the perfect shot (she walked down in a wet meadow to get a picture of me and my husband on our bridge) but she is absolutely amazing at what she does! She gives great direction for natural looking poses, and is so organized in capturing all of the shots you want on your special day. My wedding photos came out absolutely stunning, and I will cherish them forever. Looking at them I am able to relive each moment. Hire Closer North! Believe me, it is money well spent.

Closer North's reply:

Your snowy engagement session down to all the amazing details at your wedding! That arbor that Ben made... Thank you for choosing me for your stories time and time again. It is such a pleasure, thank you Brooke for reviewing.

Closer North is true talent and professionalism. As a hectic bride and in the midst of my wedding day, Erica was an amazing help and captured the precious moments of the day that passed in a blur. My wedding day was filled with a lot of emotion and she made sure to capture every tear, every smile and every special moment (while keeping the wedding timeline on track). I cried once seeing my photos after my wedding. It was like reliving my wedding day all over again but at the most beautiful angle. Wedding photography is an investment and Closer North is worth every single penny.
    In the moments of my reception that needed a little assistance, Closer North was there to help with ideas to make the moments more magical. For example, placing my wedding cake under the warm glow of our cafe lights to make even more incredible pictures.
    I highly recommend Closer North. They are guaranteed to capture each wedding uniquely in its most perfect way.

Sent on 02/07/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/21/2014

Closer North was absolutely amazing! The photographs are incredible. Working with them was so easy and they were so much fun. Guests loved them. I would highly recommend Closer North to capture your memories.

Sent on 06/25/2014

lydia · Married on 03/08/2014

Have you ever had someone take your picture? If you have, chances are you wanted to check it after to make sure it was good... with Erica from Closer North, I never worried for a minute my photos would be anything but amazing.

She's creative, artistic, and friendly. She made me feel so comfortable from the first time we met for coffee to discuss details and especially on my wedding day. It felt like she knew what I wanted just by looking at me.

I have been to alot of weddings since mine and have never seen a photographer like her. She captured every moment from start to finish for us without making us feel "watched" or fake. Yeah, she posed us for our formals but the rest of the day she was but a shadow. At times I forgot she was there, so wrapped up in the moment- moments I have in a photo thanks to her.

For me there will never be any other photographer, I'm forever grateful she was with me on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/12/2016
  • Ember

Ember · Married on 08/31/2013

My wedding was in 2012, I hired Closer North for my engagement photos, wedding, and a second portrait session after the wedding (like a trash-the-dress session). My photos came out amazing and I just love to look back through my album and feel the love!

Thank you Ember!