Closer North Reviews

55 | Brewer, ME

55 Reviews for Closer North

• Katie

Katie Colwell · Getting married on 08/14/2021

We were lucky to work with this dream team!

Having Erica and Jordan documenting our wedding day was wonderful. They are both so chill and down to earth, it is hard not to be calm when they are around. They were efficient at getting the group shots, and great at getting a natural happy smile out of anyone. They captured all the important details, people, emotions and events of the day. We felt like she was truly excited for us and happy to be there all day. Erica edited and sent out our final photo gallery much faster than I expected, and her work is impeccable. Looking through our gallery for the first time was like reliving our wedding day. They captured so many moments and details that we had missed throughout the day. We are beyond thrilled with our experience with Erica and Jordan.

Not only were they wonderful to have around on our wedding day, but Erica was so helpful throughout the planning process. When we had to change our wedding plans as a result of the pandemic she quickly revised our contract to accommodate our Plan B, and also gave us several great suggestions to help make the new plans perfect. She was helpful when laying out a timeline, and answered all of our questions with a prompt and thoughtful response. She has relationships with our other vendors which helped to keep the day running smoothly and alleviate much of the planning stress. We are so grateful to Erica and Jordan for all of their work, and can’t wait to work with them again.

Sent on 09/09/2020

Katie and Ben,

Thank you for your thought-out wonderful review! It really was such a pleasure and we can't wait to see you all again in 2021 for some more of the party with you extended families.

Julie Bouchard · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Top notch!

I highly recommend Closer North Photography and owner Erica Godino -- she was amazing and captured our daughter's wedding day magnificently! Erica's easy-going professionalism made the day go very smoothly for all involved and the wow-factor of the artistry in her photos was a true delight. From initial contact through prompt response to questions and quick turnaround of final product, we couldn't be more pleased with our entire experience with Erica. We look forward to cherishing the wonderful memories of that special day through Erica's images for years to come!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Cathy

Cathy Caron · Married on 11/14/2020

Closer North is a DREAM to work with!

Closer North was the first vendor we hired after getting engaged and has been the best decision we've made in all of wedding planning! In researching photographers online, we stumbled across Erica and her team and we immediately felt a connection just by looking through their albums. When or original venue fell through, Erica, without hesitation, helped us to figure out our next plan! Danielle shot our engagement photos in August and I can say, without hesitation, it was the most fun, most magical and most memorable night. She made it so easy and we felt confident and comfortable the whole shoot. Closer North captures not just photos but memories and moments that tell a story. We are so looking forward to Erica capturing our wedding in November!

Sent on 05/04/2020

Kc Barlow · Married on 10/06/2020

They captured everything I wanted; it's like she read my mind

I hired Closer North as our photographer for our June 2019 wedding in Maine. Erica and her husband Jordan were our photographers. I worked with Erica directly throughout the planning process, both via email and phone conversations. She was absolutely fantastic to work with. I was planning my wedding from 4,000 miles away and did not have a wedding coordinator. Erica offered her experienced advice, schedule of events suggestions, etc. and answered all and any questions that I had. She was very timely with responses which was a relief for me. Our whole wedding timeline/order of events were based on suggestions that she had made based on her experience and I was able to use the order of events that she suggested to provide to the DJ and caterer and it went very smoothly. The day of our wedding was the first time I had met Erica in person (since we lived so far away we did not do engagement photos and were not able to meet up ahead of time due to my schedule but she did offer these options). Her and Jordan both were very friendly and did a great job at making us feel comfortable. She even provided advice while we were getting ready for the wedding i.e. subtly reminding the bridesmaids to take hair ties off their wrists etc. I told her a few shots that I wanted but after the wedding realized I completely forgot to tell her about some of the others, to my surprise, as I was going through the photos, I found she had captured all of them, it was like she read my mind. She posted a preview of the pictures on social media in just a couple of days and I received a beautifully packaged USB drive of all of the pictures in just a couple of weeks after the event. All the images came edited and in both color and black and white. A lot of the images I don't even know how they captured them because it was like I didn't see them at that moment during the event, they captured the perfect images from the perfect angles without being in the way and without being noticed. I wanted all of the special moments captured but was worried about having photographers right up in our faces taking the "special" out of the moments. Well with Erica and Jordan you don't need to worry about that. Like I said they captured all the special moments and I didn't even notice they were there doing it. I am still in awe when I look through the images they provided. I am beyond happy with the images we received and the service provided by Closer North. I would recommend them to any couple looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Closer North's reply:

Oh wow KC! Your thought out, detailed review is so amazing. Thank you for taking the time. It was so great meeting you all. We are thrilled you are happy! 💓
  • Monique

Monique Moore · Married on 09/19/2020

The Best Photographers to Work With!!!

Closer North was absolutely amazing to work with! They exceeded all our expectations. They showed up early, we requested 2 photographers Erica and Hillary. They were kind, professional, and just really awesome to be around!! We were continuously laughing and having the time of our lives, they made everything so comfortable and easy! As a bride, stressing that everything turns out perfect is always the top of my mind. But not while working with Erica and Hillary, they put so much work into the photos I was instantly excited to see the end result... And I was right to be, my mind is blown away by the photos I have seen so far and I cannot wait to see the rest of them. They did a phenomenal job and are worth EVERY PENNY SPENT!! I highly recommend using Closer North for any event!!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Claire Motto Steil · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful choice

Erica and Jordan were wonderful to work with from day one. From the day we hired Erica, she was attentive, helpful, professional, and easy to work with. On the wedding day, she dealt with family dynamics with grace. Erica took our interests/requests in stride while also making professional recommendations (which I am very happy we listened to). Every shot she recommended turned out beautifully. We truly love our wedding photos- instead of feeling stiff and posed like many I see, Closer North truly captured the joy, love, laughter, and happiness of our day. My husband and I had so much fun getting to know Erica and Jordan and truly enjoyed spending time with them. Taking pictures never felt like a chore but rather felt very natural and relaxed. We are VERY thankful we hired Closer North and honestly don’t have a single complaint. It was wonderful to get a flash drive of our images rather than having to pay for individual prints. Everything was seamless from beginning to end. Hire Closer North and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Closer North's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review Claire! It was such a great event and we are so pleased you're happy.
  • fidanzata

Jade · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful, quality photos!

We can’t thank Erica and Hillary enough for the amazing job they did at our wedding! The photos managed to capture all the emotions of the day. The formals don’t look forced or stuffy, nor did we ever feel bossed around. In fact, Erica even helped coordinate things to keep our timeline on track! We couldn’t have asked for anything better!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/03/2019

Thank you Erica!!!

Erica captured our wedding day in a way that we did not know was possible. She has an eye for taking creative yet candid photos that truly represent the spirit of the day. We were beyond thrilled with all of her photographs; however, we also have to comment on how amazing it was to work with Erica on a personal level. She was very laid back and went with the flow of the day, but also stepped in to get things moving or get an unexpected shot when needed. She made the “awkward” first look/posed photos fun and really captured how we are as a couple. Her attention to detail, professionalism, and personality are exactly what you need on your wedding day. She completely exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend her, or anyone on her team! THANK YOU ERICA!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Closer North's reply:

Lauren, Thank you so much for this review. I'm so happy you not only love the photos but were happy with working with Erica. We appreciate the recommendation and are so pleased your day was everything you wanted!
  • Emily

Emily Gerber · Married on 05/25/2019

Exceptional

Erica and Jordan were spectacular, they captured our day perfectly. Their calm demeanor, professionalism, and creativity truly set them apart and we are so glad to have worked with them. Throughout the entire process, Erica's responsiveness and deep experience made us feel both incredibly comfortable and confident in our decision. Every picture they captured is gorgeous. They pay unique attention to the details of the day and capture the atmospherics expertly. Could not recommend more!!!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Mackenzie Lirakis · Married on 05/10/2019

Closer North was amazing!

Wow, Erica and her team at Closer North were amazing. We booked Closer North because they did my brother in law's wedding back in 2015, and everything looked so beautiful back then so they were an obvious choice. Erica met us for our engagement shoot several months before the wedding and we immediately clicked with her. She moved us through the photo shoot effortlessly and before we knew it the session was over! Then she sent us sooo many wonderful photos. She really captured our personalities and had fun with us.

Fast forward to the wedding day and wow, just wow. Erica and Ember were amazing and took our requests with enthusiasm. They captured so many amazing moments and were not invasive or distracting at all, but were also warm and friendly as if members of our wedding party :-), honestly I miss them already! Everything from the vibrant colors of my bouquet to the laughter and merriment on everyone's faces at the reception was captured in intimate detail. All of our friends and family who have seen the photos are in total awe. We will never forget Closer North!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Chelsea Riedel · Married on 10/27/2018

Fantastic to work with!

My wedding day turned out to be the worst day with a storm, me having a bad migraine and getting sick and not knowing if I was going to make it to my wedding or not. I arrived at my wedding an hour late and in pain but Erica was amazing and made my wedding photos look like I was never sick. She was so patient and great to work with. I would definetly reccomend them!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Brittany · Married on 10/07/2018

Two thumbs up!

My husband and I enjoyed working with Erica and Closer North. Erica was very responsive throughout the process by quickly following-up on our questions and requests. Her communication helped to alleviate the stress of making sure we had a photographer lined-up. Erica also was great the day-of the wedding by showing up early, getting a variety of staged and candid photos and capturing our special day with great artistry. We love looking through the photos she sent over. In particular, we consistently comment how colorful and vibrant the photographs are using just the natural light from the setting sun. There’s no doubt we will cherish the pictures for a long time.

While paying for a wedding photographer is a sizeable investment, there’s no replacing the work of a professional like Erica and Closer North. We would recommend Erica to any couple looking to document their wedding. Thanks Erica!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Leah · Married on 09/29/2018

Erica is an absolute gem. My husband and I were delighted with her friendly, professional touch with us and our guests, and the images that she captured were nothing short of magical. She also turned them around in less than 2 weeks, allowing us to create a small display of our photos from the ceremony for our reception and make all our guests feel like they were there! We cannot recommend her enough, and would immediately book her again given the opportunity.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

I don’t even know where to start. We found Erica and Closer North when browsing for engagement photographers when my now wife and I visited Acadia National Park. We met her and it felt like we had known her for years. She was SO comfortable to be around. My wife and I have never had professional photos taken so we didn’t know what to expect, Erica made it fun and very easy going. She even brought a friend along to hold our dogs when they weren’t in the photos! After looking at wedding photographers in Pittsburgh and finding nothing that really struck us in the way Erica’s photos did, we decided to have Erica shoot our wedding in Pittsburgh, PA. She was once again so easy going and organized. She provided a timeline for the day and truly put my wife and I both at ease. She brought her husband as our second shooter and we were also so comfortable around him. You could feel the love between the two of them and that’s important as well. Erica and Jordan helped with just about anything that needed done, from pinning the men’s boutonnieres to making sure our ceremony went as planned. They were fun and a joy to be around. My wife and I are probably slightly awkward to photograph but Erica and Jordan made it fun! Our wedding was only 9 days ago and we haven’t received our photos yet aside from some AMAZING sneak peaks however judging from our beautiful engagement pictures and sneak peak photos that our wedding pictures will be even better. Wedding photos are the only thing we keep forever and we are so grateful to have found Erica and Closer North. She felt like an instant friend and someone we truly trusted throughout the entire wedding planning process. We can’t wait for the day we have kids and we take them to Maine and have Erica continue to capture moments in our lives. Thank you Closer North!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Angie · Married on 08/25/2018

Erica was a our engagement and wedding photographer and everything about our experience was awesome! She is extremely easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable. My husband and I had never taken professional photos together and she walked us through every step. She has great recommendations, but also lets you just be in the moment. Then when we received the final photos, I was blown away! Her angles, perspectives and picture quality are amazing. We got our photos back very quickly too which was great! Erica is very professional, but she also feels like a friend! Thank you for giving us the best wedding gift: amazing photos that capture every special moment (even some we didn't see!)

Sent on 09/06/2018

Carissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Wedding websites and magazines all recommend that you choose your photographer carefully and book way in advance- this is one of your most important vendors. No matter how much you plan the day, it will be a blur, and you won't get to see or experience as much as you would like. But your photos are your memories. We could not have made a better choice than Closer North. Our experiences with owner Erica, and photographer Ember, were exceptional in every way. Ember is a delight- she is fun, energetic, creative, seeks client input on what photos they wold like, and yet is unobtrusive. She captured the feel of our day perfectly, and was able to adjust to our changing weather with no problem. I also appreciated all of the time that she took gathering photos of the decorations of the reception tent prior to the guests arriving. Erica was also fantastic. From the very beginning, she was available to answer questions, and was helpful in her recommendations. Having a couple of "preview" images to see right after the wedding was lovely. We have already received our entire album just a couple of weeks after the day- Erica is an editing wizard! We couldn't believe how quickly and beautifully the photos were finished! Finally- the album itself...we are thrilled. I am a harsh judge of myself in photos, especially. But Ember was able to capture my happiness, and I love the photos. Thank you, Closer North, for giving us such beautiful memories of our most special day. You are truly exceptional!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Tina · Married on 08/13/2018

Erica is phenomenal at her job!! I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Kalee · Married on 06/02/2018

Erica was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough about her! She was professional, creative and organized for my June wedding. If you are looking for a photographer look no further! She was able to capture all of the details of my wedding big and small. She was attentive and repsonsive with any need or question I had. I know I will be using her going further for ANY of my photography needs!

Sent on 06/07/2018
  • F

Felicia · Married on 05/17/2018

Erica & Jordan traveled to Florida for our wedding and both were a joy to work with. Erica is a true artist with an eye for that "something special". She is efficient, organized and has the ability to incorporate details. Both photographers blended well into the context of the day and were not noticed while capturing every special moment. Erica listened to what we wanting for our photos and executed them flawlessly. We are so in love with our wedding photos!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Maddrey · Married on 05/11/2018

Erica provided excellent communication and service from the get-go. She arrived early to the venue, was completely prepared, had helpful suggestions as to placement to assure wonderful photos. Erica was patient and kind working with our small children throughout the shoot. I would recommend her highly, we will be continuing to use her services for family photos in the future. Thanks to her we have exceptional pictures with which to remember our special day.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Erin · Married on 10/14/2017

What a PHENOMENAL job Erica did!! She's really fun and easy to work with. Her pictures are a work of art! She was absolutely amazing and exceeded my expectations! She made sure she got all the pictures we wanted and made very beautiful keepsakes we will have forever. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Brooke · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I found Closer North when looking for a wedding photographer for our Bar Harbor wedding. We also ended up taking an engagement photos with her and couldn't have been happier (I highly recommend doing an engagement session, if you aren't super comfortable in front of the camera). At the wedding it was just like hanging out with a friend who won't put down her camera. We had a blast and the photos that Erica and Jordan took were AMAZING!!! I highly recommend Erica and her team to anyone looking for a photographer. They are super timely in responding to questions and really helped us figure out our wedding timeline. As a side bonus, all of my friends and family have absolutely raved about the photos they took.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/09/2017

Our entire experience with Erica, of Closer North, from early communications to well after our wedding day, was nothing short of perfection. She is professional, talented, passionate, and an all around incredible human being. From the moment she arrived on our wedding day, it was clear she was a total pro.
    Even in an intimate ceremony with only nine guests, she was able to move unnoticed throughout the day, capturing the most lovely, genuine, candid shots of everyone involved. Her experience also shined brightly in her unique ideas for staged photographs, and creatively capturing the smallest of details. Her knowledge, talent, and passion for photography comes through beautifully in her work.
    Looking back on our photographs now, (which arrived quickly, and beautifully packaged) we can still feel every emotion of our wedding day through Erica’s eye for detail, and ability to capture every special moment we experienced.
    We are eternally grateful to Erica, and Closer North, for being such an integral part of our wedding, and we will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Andrea · Married on 08/26/2017

We hired Erica from closer north about 2 years ago!!! I found her photos online and loved her style of shooting! I knew we had to have her. Living in Florida and having our wedding in Maine made it difficult to meet with vendors before hand, but Erica was so easy to talk to and prompt in email response! She set up a “day of” timeline that flowed smoothly with the venue timeline!! She was early to getting to the venue and was so easy to communicate with! It felt like we knew her and second shooter Jordan for years!! They made our first look and couple photos feel so comforable. We had never done any couples photos so having their direction was amazing!!!! I would recommend Erica and second shooter Jordan to anyone!!! Our photos are gorgeous!

Sent on 09/04/2018
  • I

Isabel · Married on 08/05/2017

My husband and I are so happy we selected Closer North for our Wedding Photography. Erica & Jordan captured our day and they were incredible. We love our pictures! They were so flexible, calm and fun. We feel blessed to have such great wedding photography that we will cherish for years to come!

Sent on 08/18/2017