Closer North Reviews

42 | Brewer, ME

42 Reviews for Closer North

42 Closer North Reviews

Leah · Married on 09/29/2018

Erica is an absolute gem. My husband and I were delighted with her friendly, professional touch with us and our guests, and the images that she captured were nothing short of magical. She also turned them around in less than 2 weeks, allowing us to create a small display of our photos from the ceremony for our reception and make all our guests feel like they were there! We cannot recommend her enough, and would immediately book her again given the opportunity.

Closer North 1
    Closer North 2

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

I don’t even know where to start. We found Erica and Closer North when browsing for engagement photographers when my now wife and I visited Acadia National Park. We met her and it felt like we had known her for years. She was SO comfortable to be around. My wife and I have never had professional photos taken so we didn’t know what to expect, Erica made it fun and very easy going. She even brought a friend along to hold our dogs when they weren’t in the photos! After looking at wedding photographers in Pittsburgh and finding nothing that really struck us in the way Erica’s photos did, we decided to have Erica shoot our wedding in Pittsburgh, PA. She was once again so easy going and organized. She provided a timeline for the day and truly put my wife and I both at ease. She brought her husband as our second shooter and we were also so comfortable around him. You could feel the love between the two of them and that’s important as well. Erica and Jordan helped with just about anything that needed done, from pinning the men’s boutonnieres to making sure our ceremony went as planned. They were fun and a joy to be around. My wife and I are probably slightly awkward to photograph but Erica and Jordan made it fun! Our wedding was only 9 days ago and we haven’t received our photos yet aside from some AMAZING sneak peaks however judging from our beautiful engagement pictures and sneak peak photos that our wedding pictures will be even better. Wedding photos are the only thing we keep forever and we are so grateful to have found Erica and Closer North. She felt like an instant friend and someone we truly trusted throughout the entire wedding planning process. We can’t wait for the day we have kids and we take them to Maine and have Erica continue to capture moments in our lives. Thank you Closer North!

Closer North 3
    Closer North 4
    Closer North 5

Angie · Married on 08/25/2018

Erica was a our engagement and wedding photographer and everything about our experience was awesome! She is extremely easy to work with and makes you feel comfortable. My husband and I had never taken professional photos together and she walked us through every step. She has great recommendations, but also lets you just be in the moment. Then when we received the final photos, I was blown away! Her angles, perspectives and picture quality are amazing. We got our photos back very quickly too which was great! Erica is very professional, but she also feels like a friend! Thank you for giving us the best wedding gift: amazing photos that capture every special moment (even some we didn't see!)

Carissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Wedding websites and magazines all recommend that you choose your photographer carefully and book way in advance- this is one of your most important vendors. No matter how much you plan the day, it will be a blur, and you won't get to see or experience as much as you would like. But your photos are your memories. We could not have made a better choice than Closer North. Our experiences with owner Erica, and photographer Ember, were exceptional in every way. Ember is a delight- she is fun, energetic, creative, seeks client input on what photos they wold like, and yet is unobtrusive. She captured the feel of our day perfectly, and was able to adjust to our changing weather with no problem. I also appreciated all of the time that she took gathering photos of the decorations of the reception tent prior to the guests arriving. Erica was also fantastic. From the very beginning, she was available to answer questions, and was helpful in her recommendations. Having a couple of "preview" images to see right after the wedding was lovely. We have already received our entire album just a couple of weeks after the day- Erica is an editing wizard! We couldn't believe how quickly and beautifully the photos were finished! Finally- the album itself...we are thrilled. I am a harsh judge of myself in photos, especially. But Ember was able to capture my happiness, and I love the photos. Thank you, Closer North, for giving us such beautiful memories of our most special day. You are truly exceptional!

Tina · Married on 08/13/2018

Erica is phenomenal at her job!! I would highly recommend her.

Kalee · Married on 06/02/2018

Erica was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough about her! She was professional, creative and organized for my June wedding. If you are looking for a photographer look no further! She was able to capture all of the details of my wedding big and small. She was attentive and repsonsive with any need or question I had. I know I will be using her going further for ANY of my photography needs!

Closer North 6
    Closer North 7
    Closer North 8
    Closer North 9
  • F

Felicia · Married on 05/17/2018

Erica & Jordan traveled to Florida for our wedding and both were a joy to work with. Erica is a true artist with an eye for that "something special". She is efficient, organized and has the ability to incorporate details. Both photographers blended well into the context of the day and were not noticed while capturing every special moment. Erica listened to what we wanting for our photos and executed them flawlessly. We are so in love with our wedding photos!

Maddrey · Married on 05/11/2018

Erica provided excellent communication and service from the get-go. She arrived early to the venue, was completely prepared, had helpful suggestions as to placement to assure wonderful photos. Erica was patient and kind working with our small children throughout the shoot. I would recommend her highly, we will be continuing to use her services for family photos in the future. Thanks to her we have exceptional pictures with which to remember our special day.

Erin · Married on 10/14/2017

What a PHENOMENAL job Erica did!! She's really fun and easy to work with. Her pictures are a work of art! She was absolutely amazing and exceeded my expectations! She made sure she got all the pictures we wanted and made very beautiful keepsakes we will have forever. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Brooke · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I found Closer North when looking for a wedding photographer for our Bar Harbor wedding. We also ended up taking an engagement photos with her and couldn't have been happier (I highly recommend doing an engagement session, if you aren't super comfortable in front of the camera). At the wedding it was just like hanging out with a friend who won't put down her camera. We had a blast and the photos that Erica and Jordan took were AMAZING!!! I highly recommend Erica and her team to anyone looking for a photographer. They are super timely in responding to questions and really helped us figure out our wedding timeline. As a side bonus, all of my friends and family have absolutely raved about the photos they took.

Closer North 10

Nicole · Married on 09/09/2017

Our entire experience with Erica, of Closer North, from early communications to well after our wedding day, was nothing short of perfection. She is professional, talented, passionate, and an all around incredible human being. From the moment she arrived on our wedding day, it was clear she was a total pro.
    Even in an intimate ceremony with only nine guests, she was able to move unnoticed throughout the day, capturing the most lovely, genuine, candid shots of everyone involved. Her experience also shined brightly in her unique ideas for staged photographs, and creatively capturing the smallest of details. Her knowledge, talent, and passion for photography comes through beautifully in her work.
    Looking back on our photographs now, (which arrived quickly, and beautifully packaged) we can still feel every emotion of our wedding day through Erica’s eye for detail, and ability to capture every special moment we experienced.
    We are eternally grateful to Erica, and Closer North, for being such an integral part of our wedding, and we will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives!

Andrea · Married on 08/26/2017

We hired Erica from closer north about 2 years ago!!! I found her photos online and loved her style of shooting! I knew we had to have her. Living in Florida and having our wedding in Maine made it difficult to meet with vendors before hand, but Erica was so easy to talk to and prompt in email response! She set up a “day of” timeline that flowed smoothly with the venue timeline!! She was early to getting to the venue and was so easy to communicate with! It felt like we knew her and second shooter Jordan for years!! They made our first look and couple photos feel so comforable. We had never done any couples photos so having their direction was amazing!!!! I would recommend Erica and second shooter Jordan to anyone!!! Our photos are gorgeous!

Closer North 11
    Closer North 12
    Closer North 13
    Closer North 14
    Closer North 15
    Closer North 16
  • I

Isabel · Married on 08/05/2017

My husband and I are so happy we selected Closer North for our Wedding Photography. Erica & Jordan captured our day and they were incredible. We love our pictures! They were so flexible, calm and fun. We feel blessed to have such great wedding photography that we will cherish for years to come!

lindsay · Married on 08/05/2017

We recommend Closer North very highly! We hired Closer North for our wedding day and did an engagement photo shoot with them. Not only do the staff take great photos, but they are a pleasure to work with, especially Erica. Erica did our engagement photo shoot and did a wonderful job suggesting shots, getting plenty of photos and making the final products look really fantastic. Leading up to the wedding day Erica was very thorough in her preparations to ensure her staff knew what they needed to do and when. On our wedding day we worked with Ember and Kalyn, who are both super nice and did a really wonderful job capturing so many great moments from our amazing day. Ember even took the time to meet with us in person before the wedding day. We really could not more highly recomend Closer North, they're great!

Maurice · Married on 07/14/2017

Erica did a profound job with our wedding pictures. Her competence, time, professionalism and patience throughout the wedding planning process as well as on the wedding day made my wife and I feel very comfortable and relaxed knowing that our special day would be captured. We were also shocked at how quickly she edited and returned our photos to us! They succeed in making anything ordinary look extraordinary and can make any environment a magical photo! Closer North was a great choice for our wedding photography, we can't say enough good about this company and I would recommend this company for any couple looking for a photographer who won't disappoint!

Jessie · Married on 07/07/2017

I want to start off by saying I am an extremely indecisive person.  Despite my indecision, When I first started planning my wedding I knew exactly who I wanted to be my photographer! Closer North was the first vendor I booked, even before I bought my dress or figured on a venue! I knew the quality of work that came out of this company and I knew that I could trust them to capture our special day and they did NOT disappoint!  They managed to blend in and capture pictures without my even knowing...Jordan is a ninja...I had no idea he was there for half of the pictures! I also appreciated how calm Erica (the owner) was throughout the whole process! She was very patient with me (even with my indecision) and even helped me with my timeline!! They were awesome throughout the whole process and I'm so thankful that I booked them! Can't say thank you enough!! ❤❤

Rhonda · Married on 06/17/2017

Fantastic photographers. Ember was our photographer, there wasn't a chance of sun in the sky, but she made the wedding pictures look amazing! A+ we will definitely use Closer North again!

• Taylor

Taylor · Married on 05/27/2017

Hiring Closer North was one of the best decisions we made for our winter engagement and spring wedding photos. We will never hire another photographer. Erica is an extremely talented photographer and a fun person to be around. She made us feel at ease and even helped to calm me down a little before walking down the aisle. We fell in love with her unique style. Some of my favorite photos are of some candid moments before my bridesmaids and I were even dressed. I have had so many compliments on the photos and several guests ask me how we found our photographer! We plan to hire Erica and her team for years to come to document our family and other events we may host. Thank you Erica and Closer North! These photos are worth every penny. You will not regret it if you hire Closer North.

Josh · Married on 03/11/2017

Erica is incredible. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the day. She makes you feel extremely comfortable – it's like you're there with a friend. She's quick and efficient; and very talented. Our photos are absolutely amazing!

Haley · Married on 02/04/2017

I spent a great deal of time researching photographers to capture our special day. I considered the photographer to be one of the most important investments we would make towards our wedding. I had seen Erica's photography before, and after looking at many other wedding photographers' FB pages, I quickly realized that her work couldn't even begin to compare to others. From the moment I booked Closer North, Erica was consistently prompt with emails, answering questions, and always asking me if there was anything she could do to help me! She helped me to put together the timeline for the day of the wedding (something that was really stressing me out) and that was such a huge relief to me to have someone so helpful. The day of the wedding, Erica and Jordan not only beautiful captured our day through their photos, but they helped the events of the day to flow together seamlessly. Erica has such an artistic eye and is so attentive to detail, I guarantee she will capture every important moment during your wedding day and then some; she surely did with ours. Erica and Jordan even braved the cold with us so that we could get the winter shots I had been wanting so badly! Overall, I would recommend Closer North over and over again to anyone that asks. Your wedding photos are photos that you will look at and show to others for the rest of your life; I am so glad that I chose Closer North and that I have their beautiful photography to remember my wedding day by.

susie · Married on 01/07/2017

Our pictures were just beyond our expectations, we show them to everyone! We highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Closer North's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!!

Kristen · Married on 10/20/2016

My sister got married last night and first thing the NEXT morning we had a sneak peak that made my cry. My sister shared with Erica of Closer North that her dream was to have a winter wonderland on her wedding day. Erica noticed that it was snowing outside hours after the reception started, so she took the bride and groom outside and snapped the picture that made my sisters dream come true. I am speechless that one picture taken by a
    Photographer that took the time to understand my sisters dream could make it come true less than 24 hours after the ceremony. I know who I will hire time and time again. Thank you Closer North, on behalf of my entire family we couldn't be more impressed and happy.

Danielle · Married on 09/30/2016

Erica and Jordan were the photographers for our wedding at the Mountain Top Inn & Resort in VT on 9/30/16. One of the most important vendors for my Husband and I was our photographer. We wanted to make sure someone would capture all the moments of our day so we could relive it for years to come. Without a doubt, Erica and Jordan did that and so much more. Words cannot describe how incredibly happy I am with choosing Closer North Photographer. From the first time we met Erica at our engagement photos until the wedding she made both of us feel so comfortable and at ease. On our wedding day Erica was seriously one of my favorite people. I truly felt like I could relax because she was so organized and kept us on schedule. All our wedding photos came out so amazingly beautiful and it is because our wonderful photographers can capture the most unique and natural photos. I would highly recommend Closer North Photography to any couple!!

Julie · Married on 09/24/2016

Erica is amazing!!!!! We loved working with her and she made us feel so comfortable. Her photos are lovely and we just loved her style!

Elise · Married on 08/27/2016

I can't say enough positive things about this photographer. Erica did our wedding and I can't thing of a single thing I would change. She is easy to work with and the photos are AMAZING! My fiance and I look like models in all the pictures (and we are definitely NOT models)! The pictures all look like they're out of a national geographic magazine because they're so good. You should book her. You won't be disappointed.