Clementine Custom Events Reviews

100 | Chicago, IL

100 Reviews for Clementine Custom Events

Kelly Walsh · Getting married on 10/08/2021

COVID Weddings Can Be Done!

After rescheduling our wedding (TWICE) due to Covid, we were ready to give up all together. We had a last attempt idea to throw a tented backyard wedding that would make guests feel comfortable attending. It sounds a lot easier than it is and that is where Dana Konya came in! We started worked with Dana and she turned our new dream into reality. We had 4 weeks to pull together the new plan and Dana was organized, reliable, and resilient every step of the way. We finally had hope again and thanks to Dana, we had the best wedding we never knew we needed! We are forever grateful to her and cannot give her enough stars!!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Anna Shingleton · Married on 10/02/2020

Dream come true thanks to Dana!

Dana Konya was AHHHHHH-MAZING! She was unbelievably organized, prompt with responses, reliable, knowledgeable and such a sweet person! Our original wedding date was in May, but like many others we had to postpone due to Covid. As our postponed date approached we weren't sure we would be able to keep it. It was only about a month and half before the date we decide to move forward. We would have been lost without Dana. She keep track of ALL THE details leading up to the date. And the day of- oh my, she was a ROCKSTAR! She had everything organized, planned and executed before we could think it was something that needed to be done. All while having the BEST attuited and smile on her face. My husband and I are so incredibly thankful for her. It was much less stress leading up to the wedding knowing she had a handle on EVERYTHING and the day of the wedding there wasn't an ounce of stress and we were able to enjoy it 100% because of Dana. Thank you

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Delaney · Married on 08/07/2020

Best Wedding Planner Around

It is hard to put into words how much we appreciated the help of Jaci Weber from Clementine on our wedding day and throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was incredibly supportive and a visionary for our perfect wedding from the getco. She executed our vision of an ethereal, outdoor, fairy tale, garden wedding perfectly. She helped us brainstorm ideas and helped create a cohesive theme for our wedding. It is difficult to navigate all of the different websites, magazines, pinterest boards, opinions of family, etc. without the help of an expert in the field. Jaci was able to wean out the ideas of others and concentrate on OUR vision. She was a great listener to our ideas and was always willing to see our thoughts and concerns the whole way through the wedding planning process.
    On the day of the wedding, was when it really hit me how much Jaci was an integral part of our day. Our wedding was perfect in every way, but it definitely had it’s hiccups. Here are some of the wedding day hiccups that Jaci was able to problem solve and relieve us from having to make tough decisions about:
    Thunderstorm at an outdoor wedding venue: She made our vendor set up an indoor ceremony and outdoor ceremony just in case it cleared up last minute.
    My father didn’t know how to tie his bowtie: Jaci tied it hours before the wedding ceremony.
    My zipper on my dress broke the first moment I put it on: Jaci sewed me into it! :)
    Unfortunately, that time of the month decided to show up for me the morning of my wedding: Jaci accompanied me to the bathroom multiple times when my Bridesmaids were scattered around. I thought I would be super embarrassed from having to ask this kind of help from my wedding planner, but Jaci handled it incredibly professionally and in those moments, she also treated me like a friend.
    I am notorious for spilling drinks: Jaci purchased the cutest customized Bride tumbler from Etsy for me. I didn’t spill once on my wedding day!
    Needless to say, Jaci’s support and love during our wedding was unprecedented! We have already recommended her assistance to our friends that have gotten engaged and we will continue to do so for years to come!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Molly

Molly Sakamoto · Married on 02/09/2020

Amazing experience with Julissa!

My daughter and her fiancé were recently married this past summer. It was the fairytale wedding that my husband and I have always dreamed of giving her. The wedding took place at The Chicago Illuminating Company in Chicago, Illinois. The owner, Marta Michulka, highly recommended Clementine Custom Events and specifically, Julissa Ijaola, to assist us with coordinating the wedding. I will have to say, Julissa was an early wedding gift for our family! Her attention to detail, her willingness to hear and execute our vision and her unwavering patience with our occasional bouts of anxiety were more than we could have asked for. She made the journey of wedding planning a wonderful and exciting experience. Julissa was very conscious of staying within our budget, she made excellent referrals to specific vendors and was a lifesaver when tying up the loose ends in the last six weeks before the big day!
    Even though Julissa was always very professional, I feel as though we became good friends and I miss our daily contact now that the wedding is over. I wish her only the best!!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • McKenna

McKenna Freund · Married on 12/21/2019

Best decision I made! (after saying 'Yes')

I couldn't be more grateful to Jaci Weber for all of the incredibly detailed, hard work and effort she put into my husband & my special day. My mom and I met with Jaci about a year in advance (she was recommended to us by a previous client) and immediately I knew she was the perfect fit. Jaci is incredibly detailed, organized, supportive, and proactive, on top of being the sweetest human. Over the past year, Jaci has become a true friend to me. There are so many decisions in the wedding planning process and Jaci made everything seamless and stress-free. For each vendor, whether it be photographers, florists, photobooths, DJs, etc, Jaci hand selected 3 choices that she thought shared the vision for our winter wedding that I could choose from. She took care of all of the researching, back and forth, and negotiating quotes with vendors. Her month by month wedding checklist was a God send. Each month I knew exactly what I should be working through and finalizing. With the number of items to complete in planning a wedding, it was SO nice to have Jaci keeping me organized and on track. I don't even know where to begin on her day-of wedding timeline... the minute by minute detail was incredible - all the vendors, bridal party, and family knew exactly where to be and when. She went above and beyond to make my wedding absolutely perfect and it truly was everything I'd ever hoped and dreamed it would be. Jaci is so passionate about her job, her clients, and while I know she had plenty of clients last year, she was so organized and in the details - her dedication made me feel like I was the only wedding she was planning. I consider myself so lucky that I got to work with Jaci and can't say enough nice things about her. I'm so overjoyed with how everything turned out! We couldn't have done it without her. Hire Jaci as your wedding planner - it will be the best decision you make!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Jeanne

Jeanne Fairchild · Married on 10/26/2019

Suzy was incredible

Suzy without a doubt made the days leading up to our wedding and the day of an absolute DREAM. She is so sweet and undeniably kind. My only regret is that we weren't able to start working with her sooner! She kept things right on track, and did her magic to make sure everything worked out perfectly. Wish I could use her every day!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Marianne

Marianne Combs · Married on 10/19/2019

Flawless Service

The best decision I made in the wedding planning process was hiring Julissa of Clementine to help with planning and day-of coordination. My husband and I had a relatively short (4 month) engagement and while we were planning a small wedding, after locking down our venues we realized we needed help in selecting other vendors and pulling together the final details of our wedding. Julissa provided us with a custom proposal that hit on the nail on the head for what we needed. She was patient, professional, extremely warm, and immediately put me at ease with her competence.
    Julissa suggested excellent vendors, giving me options for each category and providing the information to help me make the final decisions. In every conversation I had with a vendor, they told me how lucky I was to be working with Julissa. Her great relationships with everyone from the transportation company to the venue are a huge asset. She worked seamlessly with every vendor. I was too busy to be involved with every detail and Julissa attended consultations for me and seemed to innately understand which decisions I wanted to be involved in (and which ones I'd rather someone else take care of) and made it possible for me to participate remotely (without me even having to ask). Julissa was always several steps ahead of me in the planning process. She anticipated our needs and always had a solution ready if an issue arose.
    When our wedding weekend rolled around, we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves, all because Julissa had executed all the moving parts flawlessly. From the small things (like making sure all our personal and family items were displayed at our reception or hunting down a cake server when we forgot to bring one) to the big things (like finding us the perfect musical entertainment), I was constantly impressed by Julissa's attention to detail and true passion for creating a beautiful event that honored our personality. I highly recommend working with Julissa and Clementine.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Jennifer F · Married on 10/19/2019

Best $$ we ever spent

We used Clementine for day-of coordinator services, and it was easily the BEST money we spent for our wedding. Dana K. was our coordinator and she was the MVP of our wedding!!! I wasn't stressed an ounce the day of my wedding because I could tell I was in AMAZING hands. Our wedding was two weeks ago and my friends (who weren't even in the wedding party) are still talking about how much they loved Dana because she kept everything running so smoothly and perfectly. I had a specific vision for what I wanted for my wedding (and at what times I wanted certain events to happen), and Dana made sure they all happened without fail. I can't recommend Dana or Clementine enough. Thank you, Dana and everyone at Clementine!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 10/05/2019

JACI WAS AN 11/10 - FARRRR Exceeded Expectations

Jaci was an 11/10. She exceeded our expectations literally in every way and we had HIGH expectations. We got married at Fourth Presbyterian on Mich Ave and the reception was at the University Club in Chicago (235 people) Jaci is extremely detailed oriented. Her follow-up is exceptional; If she says she is going to do something, she not only does it, but goes beyond the initial request and handles the follow-up items before you even ask. The value of the services she provides far exceeds what she charges for those services. On top of all of that, she is extremely kind, cheerful and relaxed - all 3 qualities are so important come wedding day. We will be recommending her to everyone.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Megan

Megan Kneiblher · Married on 09/28/2019

Jaci from Clementine is amazing!!

We hired Jaci from Clementine Customs events almost a full year ago. We went with the “day of” option which begins 2 months prior to the wedding. We felt this was the perfect option because we had already planned our venues and most vendors.

We meshed the instant I met her and knew she was going to be our planner. She is absolutely wonderful. Even though it was supposed to start 2 months prior, Jaci was gracious enough to answer my questions prior to that.

She came to our tasting and helped us decide on our food as well as asked the important questions we hadn’t thought of. She kept detailed notes on everything we ate at the tasting, our likes, dislikes, and all of our ideas so she could find a way to make it possible. When it came to the details of the reception, Jaci gave us her vendor contacts to book from which was extremely helpful.

As time grew closer to the Big Day, she started making our timeline, reached out to vendors and made everyone aware of how and when everything was going to happen. This took a huge weight off of our shoulders as we knew she was going to handle it.

The week of the wedding, she double checked everything, made sure we were feeling good about everything, and picked up all of our items to be used at the reception(ex. mirror sign, pictures, card holder, signing book, seat assignments,etc.) days before so we could clear that clutter from our apartment and focus on other things, like family coming into town.

The big day finally arrived and she was on it. She was the epitome of the Yes Woman. Any question I had, it was already taken care of. I literally just had to show up. Jaci and her assistants set up our entire reception hall and event space just the way we had discussed. We had an issue with flowers and she corrected it immediately. She even checked to make sure I had eaten enough. When we got to the church she steamed my veil, while it was attached to my head, just to make it perfect. She was in contact with everyone making sure everything ran smoothly. It did.

Time for the reception came, and throughout the evening she checked on us to make sure everything was going the way we wanted. She went above and beyond in every way. I would highly recommend Clementine Custom Events, especially the lovely Jaci.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Lauren Kerr · Married on 09/07/2019

Best decision we made in planning our wedding!

We had the pleasure of working with Jaci Weber in planning our Chicago wedding at the LondonHouse hotel. She was amazing to work with and helped us every step of the way! With all of her experience in the industry, she helped connect us with some of the best vendors in town and went above and beyond to help bring the vision for our wedding to life. She is incredibly organized and kept us on track each month making sure we weren’t missing any key steps or deadlines. You can tell she is highly passionate about what she does and gives the care and attention to make sure every detail is exactly how you envisioned it, while also offering up ideas that we hadn’t thought of ourselves. The day of the wedding, she and her team made sure everything went smoothly and everyone was where they needed to be so we could relax and enjoy with family and friends without having to worry about logistics. We couldn’t have done it without her and would highly recommend her if you are planning a wedding or event!

Sent on 09/27/2019

G Noel · Married on 09/01/2019

Incredibly professional with every detail well thought out and planned.

A wedding that was planned and created so wonderfully and meticulously. Incredible and professional with attention to every detail, from the earliest conversation right through to after the wedding and the guests had all departed. A special thanks to our wedding planner, Suzy Sparacio, for truly putting her heart into the entire process. She was always there taking care of every request and nuance, and always had great ideas and recommendations. Suzy really made the wedding wonderful and memorable.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Carolynn Price · Married on 07/13/2019

Clementine and Jaci were amazing!

Jaci Weber was a lifesaver for planning our Chicago wedding! I initially thought I could do most of the planning on my own and just went to Clementine for a possible day of/month of planner. However, after my mom and I met with Jaci about a year in advance, we ended up hiring her to help us with more planning. There are so many vendors in Chicago and Jaci was so great helping me narrow in on which ones would be best. She helped me create the wedding of my dreams while still being very understanding of our budget. Jaci was great about responding immediately to many long emails with questions and ideas. My now husband says Jaci was the best money we spent on our wedding - and it's true! The day of would have been impossible without Jaci. There are so many logistics that she made sure ran seamlessly. We are so grateful for all of her help!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Kathi Clarke · Married on 06/18/2019

Clementine saved the day!

We worked with Dana Konya at Clementine on the third version of our son's Covid affected wedding reception. She did a fabulous job with only a couple weeks to plan an outdoor tented backyard wedding. She was a joy to work with and a super calm, cheerful presence on their big day. I cannot recommend her more highly!

Sent on 08/27/2020

Patrick Canning · Married on 06/15/2019

Simply the BEST. No need to look any further.

Jaci Weber, Clementine Custom Events, is the BEST wedding planner in the Chicago area! She has a ton of experience. She is totally dedicated to her clients. Very professional. Hard working. Great communication skills. She thought of everything. Skillfully guided us through the entire planning process. Our wedding day was successful (and less stressful) because Jaci was always nearby.
    Patrick T. Canning, Lake Forest, IL (father of the bride).

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget Bergman · Married on 06/01/2019

Suzy & Clementine were AMAZING!

We worked with Suzy at Clementine for our wedding on 6.1.19 and we could not have asked for a better experience. For starters, Suzy is an absolutely lovely lady who made me feel immediately less stressed as soon as we met. She is organized, smart, supportive, and SO on top of everything! On the day of our wedding, Suzy managed to be in 100 places at once, making sure every single detail was perfect and that we did not have to worry about a single thing. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the wedding without worrying about who & what should be where and when. I want to have another wedding just so that I can work with Suzy again! THANK YOU SUZY!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Megan Bock · Married on 04/13/2019

Jaci is amazing!

Jaci is the ABSOLUTE best. I had seen her in action and knew once we got engaged, she was the girl for me. She’s super organized, calm under pressure and just takes all your worry away on the day- so you can sit back and just enjoy! She was always there to answer questions whenever I had them via text or email. Giving last minute recommendations and referrals, etc. I have worked in events and had a vision, but Jaci truly brought it to life! She was always helpful and offered up suggestions and ideas I had not thought of. She genuinely wanted to make our day the very best for us as a couple. You can truly tell she cares about her clients and wants you to look and feel your best. I’m happy to say she’s now a friend. Would hire her again and again!

Sent on 03/10/2020

Erica Y · Married on 03/02/2019

Most magical day of our lives with a top-notch team!

Clementine was a delight to work with. They have so much expertise, knowledge, and ties in the Chicago area (and I am sure beyond, but my wedding was in downtown Chicago, so I am speaking from my experience) that I could get recommendations and questions answered seamlessly every time. The team seems to be very close to one another, and when I needed extra help for my wedding day, Kelly even stepped in to make my wedding day hassle-free and perfect.

As for our planner, Julissa was wonderful. She is now basically our “family” wedding planner, because it turns out that she had been the planner for my husband’s cousin two years earlier! Needless to say, she made sure we had the most special day of our lives. From finding the right vendors, understanding my specific vision for a wedding that combined elements of a Western ceremony as well as a Korean traditional ceremony, and working with me every step of the way until the big day, our wedding was magical and reflected exactly what my husband and I wanted for the day. She has such a sweet, caring persona, and is attentive to detail and truly a professional. Thank you Julissa and Clementine!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Lorry Wangaard · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing Service

We debated on using a wedding planner....I mean....how much work could a second wedding with 65 guests be? After some discussion we elected to move forward with Clementine, but smugly (and naively) felt we could handle the day- of -coordination.

Julissa is AMAZING. She spent time getting to know us, asked all of the right questions, then made recommendations for the perfect venue, photographer, florist, musicians, even an amazing pastor...keeping our budget in mind and giving us wonderful options. Her execution is flawless. No detail is missed. She is always one step ahead and kindly keeps you on track (very detailed timeline always in hand)!

We eventually came to the realization that we actually couldn't handle the day-of- coordination and still have a relaxed, fun day and enjoy our guests, and asked Julissa to step in. The wedding day was like a well-oiled machine. Perfection.

The icing on the cake is Julissa herself. She is kind, fun, caring, professional, dedicated, beautiful inside and out, and goes above and beyond. We adore her as a person and feel as though we have a new friend! Best ever.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Erin Mcadams · Married on 09/29/2018

Melissa Samek - A+ wedding planner!

Our wedding planner was Melissa Samek and she was an A+ wedding planner.
    First of all, Melissa, was very friendly and cheerful and extremely easy to talk with. She was knowledgeable and obviously had a network of vendors at her fingertips. Working with her became similar to simply talking with a reliable friend. All of the meetings, calls, and emails were professionally carried out with a minimum of stress. Melissa directed our rehearsal the night before the wedding because the celebrants couldn’t attend and she did an amazing job working with people she had never met. Melissa’s positive demeanor, her obvious expertise and her flair for detail make her a top-notch practitioner in her field. Also, we had a person faint at our wedding who had to be taken out by EMT and she dealt with the issue flawlessly and got the reception back on track. We would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/22/2019

John A · Married on 09/08/2018

Fantastic experience!

Hiring Clementine Custom Events for our wedding day was the best decision we could have made. We were so fortunate to get to work with Dana. She is the best, and everyone from our wedding party, the other vendors, and our guests agreed! Dana make sure that every detail was taken care of before the big day, and she was there to dissolve any small problem before it became something to worry about. Wedding planning is stressful, but Dana made it fun and she was so responsive and sweet. I felt like she had my back in making sure the day was perfect - and it was! I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Natalie · Married on 08/25/2018

Alicia was amazing! She was so helpful throughout the entire process, making sure to keep us organized and on track, answering any and all questions promptly. On the day of she and Suzy managed many different moving parts (and personalities :) ) going above and beyond to make sure we had a great day.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Tim · Married on 07/28/2018

My now wife and I worked with Dana Konya at Clementine as our 'day-of' coordinator for July wedding, and it was probably the best decision we made throughout our planning process.

From the start, Dana was far more than just a 'day-of' coordinator – she quickly took over communication with all of our vendors, ensuring schedules were coordinated, questions were answered, contracts were finalized, and a myriad of other details that my wife and I would have overlooked. She was so helpful and responsive in the last few weeks of build-up, answering countless questions and making sure that everything that we wanted was fully captured.

Then, she ensured everything on the day of went off perfectly! From coordinating the rehearsal to arranging our first look (including making special arrangements with difficult parking attendants) to serving as point of contact for everybody involved, she was absolutely incredible. I can't count the small number of things she did and took care of. There were also several non-traditional aspects of our ceremony and reception that could have easily gone awry, but Dana ensured that they went off exactly as we hoped.

Throughout all of this, Dana was incredibly professional, helpful, patient, and fun to work with. Our wedding went off even better than we had hoped because of her! We would absolutely hire Dana and Clementine again, and give them our strongest recommendation!!!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Erica · Married on 06/02/2018

Hiring Julissa Ijaola of Clementine Custom Events was the best decision my husband and I made in our entire wedding planning process (second only to the decision to marry each other, but not by much).

We were initially planning on doing all of the wedding planning ourselves, but as we got deeper into the process, realized we could use a little extra help. I reached out to Clementine based on a rave review from a work colleague, and boy am I glad I did. From the very start, the Clementine team was prompt, professional, patient, and so kind. We were paired with Julissa (which, in case you didn't know, means "angel in human form) and after our very first phone call with her, instantly felt less stressed. She walked us through Clementine's completely customizable services and helped us build the package that was right for our needs, including figuring out transportation details and day-of coordination, among other services.

Having Julissa with us throughout the planning was such an enormous help, but having her at the rehearsal and wedding was truly a blessing. She was constantly one step ahead, making sure everyone (from me and my husband to the bridal party to our guests to the other vendors) were where they needed to be and had exactly what they needed to make our wedding a beautiful event. She was seriously a miracle worker - she kept everyone calm and comfortable, bustled my dress, wrangled missing family members, had our favorite cocktails and snacks waiting for us when we arrived at the reception, whipped out Tums from her handy bag of tricks when I got a stomachache from eating too much wedding cake, rescued us from chatty guests, and generally made sure everything was flawless. Even my dad, a self-described "meat and potatoes kind of guy" with no idea what wedding planning entails said "Man, she's really good. I'm so glad you have her."

Bottom line, our wedding was absolutely perfect and it's thanks to the work of Julissa and the Clementine team.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Jean-Paul · Married on 05/25/2018

Dana was amazing and worked with us to create the perfect wedding. It was absolutely magical thanks to Dana's hard work and attention to detail, execution, and style sense.

As they say, the devil is in the details. And, Dana has them all covered, she'll ensure you're thinking about them to make the day come together. The two of us thought we had a lot of stuff organized and ready until we learned otherwise. With Dana's help, organization and persistence we got it all done.

On the day of, Dana was there for everything - making sure the tables were set correctly (they looked amazing), that we didn't see each other prior to the ceremony, everyone was where they were supposed to be at the right times and that the wedding flowed perfectly. We wouldn't have enjoyed the day as much if we didn't have her there.

In short, Clementine Events, Dana, in particular, are amazing and will make your wedding go off without a hitch. Highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/29/2018