City Park New Orleans Reviews

27 | New Orleans, LA

27 Reviews for City Park New Orleans

• Claire

Claire P. · Married on 04/06/2019

City Park was beautiful and perfect!

We got married on 4/6/19 at Popp Fountain and the Arbor Room and we could not have been happier with our experience. Right when we met Wendy Lentz to walk through the venue, she was so positive, helpful and such a “yes” person – she was immediately easy to work with and that was a huge reason why we chose this venue. We got married outside in front of Popp Fountain, which was beautiful and spacious and then had our cocktail-style reception at the Arbor Room. The Arbor Room was convenient because it was just steps away from Popp Fountain, and it was great for our guests because it allowed guests to choose whether they wanted to be outside on the deck or inside in the open and bright spacious room. The staff, particularly Kim and Courtney, were so friendly and helpful throughout the whole night. They had a whole spread of food waiting for us after the ceremony in the private bridal suite, so that we could eat, which was great since we usually hear the couple never eats! In terms of photos, City Park is the perfect location for “first look” or bridal party/family photos. The trees are lush and the scenery is breathtaking. Regarding food, our guests absolutely LOVED the food from City Park’s in-house catering. Guests raved about the beef tenderloin, turkey, shrimp and grits and mashed potato bar. We are based in Brooklyn, but with the help of our wedding planner (Becky Lampp, Spanish Oak Events) and Wendy, we never felt far away from the planning/details. We are also a lesbian couple and felt accepted and welcomed by the entire staff. From the venue walk through to the end of the reception, Wendy and her whole team were so easy to work with and professional. We would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • 911luv

Lacher · Married on 06/03/2017

Make sure you have your own back up plan in case it rains. I was told "oh well that's the risk you take with an outdoor wedding". When I asked if they had any covered spaces I can rent as standby. I gave a 5 overall because up until two days before I had very great communication and experience.

Sent on 06/16/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Pavilion of Two Sisters in City Park on May 9th. Everything was absolutely amazing!! Beautiful venue, friendly staff, delicious food. I was so impressed with everything - By far exceeded my expectations!! Cathy was our wedding coordinator and she was incredibly knowledgable and was a pleasure to work with. Kasey and Sean were our bridal attendants and they were OUTSTANDING!!! Our reception was just perfect. I highly recommend this venue - you will not be disappointed!!!!!

Sent on 05/25/2015
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 04/17/2015

We were married at the Popp Fountain in City Park and had our reception at the Arbor Room immediately after the ceremony. From the start, working with City Park was so easy. April was our sales coordinator and she was awesome. She took care of all of the details, so that on the big day everything was easy. Our day of coordinator was amazing too! (I feel terrible that I cannot remember her name). Everything started on time, and the set up was amazing. The food and drinks were perfect, and our guests raved about the amazing service staff that worked our event. City Park is the place to go if you want to eliminate a lot of worries...they make your day perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Sophia · Married on 07/19/2014

Absolutely a dream come true.. The service, the food and the atmosphere was EXCELLENT..

Sent on 03/17/2015

Megan · Married on 06/14/2014

I just had my wedding here at the Arbor Room and it was amazing! I wish that I could do it all over again. It was the most beautiful and fun day of my life. The staff was so nice and they really know how to run a wedding! From the tour of the properties, to booking our event, to the delicious food tasting, to the actual day, everything was easy and stress free. They literally took care of everything so I had nothing to worry about. Make sure to ask for Cathy Persica and Kim Barriere! They are two sweet, professional people who were instrumental in everything going off without a hitch. I would highly recommend City Park for any event. I did a lot of shopping around for a venue and price checked over 20 venues in New Orleans, and City Park by far had the best prices that you are going to find (I have the spreadsheets to prove it!) on top of being one of the most beautiful places in the city.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Carey · Married on 03/15/2014

The staff and caterers at City Park were so great! Wendy answered all my questions and was so helpful! Kim did a great job keeping up with me the day of. The decorations were up and exactly how I pictured it would be thanks to their help! The food...WOW! So great!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Paula · Married on 10/20/2013

The planners at City Park are amazing!!! Cathy made my day the most magical event of my life!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Shannon · Married on 04/13/2012

Beautiful! Loved all the beautiful photo ops.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Tammie · Married on 11/04/2011

Love the views! We had a daytime wedding and it was so "New Orleans" with the great swampy outdoor views. The food was also amazing. I'd have my wedding there again in a second!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Heather · Married on 10/03/2015

I could not recommend this venue enough. We had a small ceremony and reception, around 100 people (Ceremony under the oak tree and reception at Parkview Terrace). Our every wish was accommodated in a very timely manner, even the weird ones. (My husband wanted to enter the ceremony on the train, it was very cool!) Our coordinator, Wendy, was very responsive, listened to our needs and went out of her way to help us have the best day we could imagine. Our day of coordinator, Shawn, was on point! I loved him. He ensured the rehearsal and the day of our wedding ran smoothly without making us feel rushed or like we were behind.

We were offered several options for our menu and were allowed to pick at least 10 different options for food. The staff ensured we had an opportunity to eat and food was given freely the entire reception. We had so many complements of not only the quality of food, but the amount. They even send us home with snacks for later and a gift basket.

The venue was absolutely beautiful, and it was easy to work with. As an out-of-town bride we were able to check a lot of boxes with one location. I could not have imagined a better day anywhere else, the staff was accommodating and helped to make a very stressful day super fun!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Patricia · Married on 12/27/2014

The service was outstanding and the food was exceptional! I would recommend Park View Terrace to anyone! It was a magically wedding reception in a beautiful venue!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Adrienne · Married on 10/19/2013

The Venue (Popp Fountain and the Arbor Room) were everything we wanted for the ceremony and reception.
    The Staff made the evening flawless and did more than I ever imagined they would do for the bridal party and every guest.
    The food was spectacular and was always hot and always available. The compliments we had from guests that are "event-goers" was that they were AMAZED at the food and the service. My daughter has referred many newly engaged friends to consider the venue based on all of these comments.
    There are other venues in the Park with their own charm, and you will get the same great food and service at each of them.
    I can't say enough - don't taken second best - go to City Park and let their staff make it the time of your life!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Misty · Married on 06/06/2015

I recently had a destination wedding in New Orleans at City Park. My ceremony site was Popp Fountain and the reception was in the Arbor Room. I picked the site because of the beautiful outdoors and the fountain. I couldn't have been more pleased! The wedding was simply beautiful and magnification. The only problems I had contained my assigned wedding coordinator was extremely hard to get ahold of! You defiantly have to be patience. All in all, if you love the outdoors and photos this is a beautiful place.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/24/2017

We had our reception at the Pavilion of the Two Sisters in City Park. Everything was perfect. The venue was beautiful, spacious but not so big that it seemed empty. The staff is knowledgable and knows exactly how to make your event perfect. The food was amazing (so I'm told- I was a little too busy to eat that night lol). We had a band, which fit perfectly with dance floor but a dj would work well also. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed working with them!

Sent on 07/01/2017

May · Married on 10/25/2013

3.5

Our ceremony was at the Peristyle and our reception was at the Parkview Terrace. I hired City Parks on-site coordinator to assist me and that was the BEST decision and money ever spent. She was so attentive and organized and really helped me during the rehearsal and day of. I felt completely at ease and was able to enjoy my wedding knowing I had hired someone capable of getting things done, and keeping on our timeline.

My initial email exchanges after the contract was signed was a bit slow but as we got closer to the wedding the responses were more prompt.

The food was fantastic! The passed appetizers during our Cocktail Hour received rave reviews as well our plated dinner. Our guests had a lot of positive feedback on the quality and flavor of our dinner, dessert was a big hit too. We had a wedding cake, grooms cake and bread pudding provided by City Park catering.

This is a such a great venue with so many options and places to have your ceremony, reception and pictures taken.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Giselle · Married on 10/12/2012

3.0

We held our reception at the Arbor Room. Space was great as was the food and service. Our guests really enjoy themselved and Denise was an amazing coordinator!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Excellent venue. We had our reception at Pavilion of Two Sisters. Food and atmosphere were great. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the place.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2013

2.5

We had our wedding at City Park's Popp Fountain and Arbor Room. The backdrop was absolutely breathtaking. We could barely hear the traffic from I-610 over the roar of the fountain, and our officiant's mic worked fine for us and guests to be able to hear the ceremony.

City Park's event staff is INCREDIBLE. They were courteous to us and our guests. We had a hostess (ASK FOR KIM!!!!) and bridal assistant (Angie), who were both amazingly attentive every moment of the evening. Most professional, amazingly flexible people I could have asked for. They had both the fountain (ceremony) and reception set up beautifully and exactly how I had envisioned.

The food was far better than most weddings I've attended, and I was bummed I didn't get a chance to eat more during my own wedding! However, we have received numerous compliments about how good the food is. We catered through City Park (made on-site at the Arbor Room) and aside from 3 stations everything was passed. This allowed for our guests to eat wherever they were, and fit exactly the semi-formal vibe we were going for.

The only thing keeping me from giving City Park 5 stars across the board was working with their sales office. It may have been the woman they gave us to work with, as her assistant was a pleasure to work with. However, answers were slow to come, people skills were non-existent, and I had to re-ask/re-work questions multiple times to get simple answers (such as, how many tables will I have, and how large are they?). I'm so glad we stuck through the difficulties working with her because the wedding was so beautiful, but it definitely was the biggest stressor for our planning.

Sent on 11/16/2013
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/15/2011

4.2

The venue was beautiful and the staff did a wonderful job on the day of our wedding. Everyone was so helpful and nice the day of our wedding. We had the best time possible. The decorated the venue beautifully and took care of all the small details for us. It was great.

Sent on 12/18/2011

2.0

Parkview Terrace in City Park was such a wonderful place for our wedding! It was beautiful, a great value, easy for guests to get to (with free parking), offered multiple ceremony options including a built in rain backup, and the perfect size for our wedding (~120 people). The food was amazing, the bar options were great, and the service was excellent. They worked with us on power options for the band and ceremony mic's and Kim, the lady that helped keep us where we were supposed to be during the wedding, was wonderful.

The only negative about City Park is how difficult they are to get in touch with, especially for destination brides. I rarely received responses to my the first email I sent on a topic or had anyone answer the phone. When I did hear back I didn't always get answers to all of my questions although I did have a lot. Everything ended up wonderfully but communicating with City Park regarding my wedding was frustrating.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Susan · Married on 01/28/2012

3.0

Parkview Terrace at City Park is a beautiful venue. Exactly what we were looking for. Our salesperson was very efficient. We chose to hire an outside caterer and was completely satisfied with what they provided (see Food Art review). City Park however requires a fee if you choose not to use their caterer and it was quite substantial considering they provided nothing for this fee. Seemed greedy and trite on the part of the city, taking advantage of the situation....suggested they do away with that charge in the future. My only complaint, all else really lovely.

Sent on 02/14/2012

Michael · Married on 06/06/2015

3.6
      3.0

We recently had our wedding at City Park. The venue sites are beautiful. However, working with the sells staff can be more than frustrating. They are extremely hard to get ahold of and are not the friendliest people to work with. All in all, it was worth it!

Sent on 07/21/2015

3.4
      3.5

Pop fountain was a beautiful place for our ceremony. We were able to rent chairs and tables which we didn't have to worry about setting up or taking down as that was all included in the price.

They have a room for the bridal party to wait in which was air conditioned so that was essential. There's access to bathrooms.

There is no sound system available to play your music for your ceremony so make sure you have musicians or a sound system booked.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Gia · Married on 05/07/2011

3.4
      3.0

We selected the Parkview Terrace for our wedding reception based on other positive reviews of the facility. The location was perfect because we opted to have our ceremony at City Park and there is plenty of free parking for guests.
    Pros - beautiful setting, delicious food, free parking, friendly banquet staff, Shawn - our bridal attendant. He is AMAZING! So friendly and professional, he made sure every detail was perfect. I highly recommend requesting him for your wedding!
    Cons - Not much is included for the price. The space is pretty simple, needs flowers, candles, etc. to dress it up. Our event coordinator was not very friendly or attentive. There is no buffet option, except for stations, everything is passed here. You are charged for 60" round linen rentals - only linens for small tables are included.
    Our ceremony was at the Popp Bandstand - which ended up being perfect. A week before the ceremony though, I was freaking out about the number of people that were in the park (my coordinator said there would be a few people. I find it hard to believe that she didn't know there would be tons of people) She suggested that we rope off the area the night before and get a security guard. We did both - which ended up being a last minute headache but truly worked out in the end. I wish that she had made those suggestions when we booked the space though. The people in the park were very respectful of our ceremony and the weather was gorgeous. Everything was just as I had dreamed!

Sent on 06/22/2011