City of Winter Park Reviews

39 | Winter Park, FL

39 Reviews for City of Winter Park

• ThyronCarleita

Carleita · Married on 10/21/2017

The venue was amazing!! The hospitality was superior! Ms. Cindy was incredible, kind, understanding and overall outstanding!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Helen · Married on 09/03/2016

The civic center was absolutely amazing on our wedding day! The entire reception hall just ended up gorgeous! Because my mother is in a wheelchair, they made everything super easy for us and incredibly handi-cap friendly. They offered us one of the side rooms to get ready in and accommodated us with anything we needed. Our logo up on the arch walls turned out fabulous too! Orlando's Got Talent DJ made it for us and it was a huge success up on the wall - all the guests loved it. Highly recommend the Civic Center in Winter Park!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/22/2016

We had our ceremony by the bridge, cocktail hour on the patio, and reception inside the ballroom. Aside from a few decor restrictions, the Winter Park Civic Center is an amazingly flexible. It is a blank canvas for you to do with it as you please. Cindy was a pleasure to work with and she answered all of my questions/concerns in a timely manner (trust me there were a lot). I would highly recommend stopping by to view the venue. The possibilities are endless!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Corin · Married on 03/12/2016

We used the Civic Center for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and receptions. We had our ceremony out on the lawn in front of the bridge due to the number of guest we had. We fit 170 guest out there very comfortably, and it was beautiful. Our cocktail hour was on the back patio. The reception was inside and it was perfect! We took advantage of the extra room to give us more space and was so happy we did. We loved the tall ceiling and wall of windows, it had such an open and warm feeling. The staff was very helpful during the entire planning process and answered any questions we had. Loved the view with the ponds and walking trails. Was a beautiful venue!!!!

Sent on 03/20/2016

We booked our upcoming wedding ceremony and reception for here. They are very accommodating and very helpful. I couldn't have picked a better place. I looked at several other locations and this place has exactly what we are looking for! You can choose your own Vendors! They set up tables and chairs for you. I'm loving it!!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Beautiful venue, such a reasonable price, the staff are all really nice and helpful

Sent on 01/15/2016

We had both our ceremony and reception at the civic center. We had a wonder experience! The center was affordable, spacious, they provide table and chairs, including ceremony chairs, and set everything up to your approved floor plan. They have (tiny) dressing rooms available for the bride and groom. This was the perfect place for our rustic chic wedding!

Sent on 01/06/2016

We just stumbled across this venue when we were planning my daughter's wedding. We were so surprised to find this beautiful building and outdoor area that we had had never heard about previously. The staff from my first phone call to the day of the wedding were helpful and extremely accommodating to our needs. The outdoor patio where the wedding took place was a perfect setting with chairs and setup being included in the price. The ballroom with the huge ceilings and architectural details made it a gorgeous setting for the wedding reception. Everything we requested, they did for us and really allowed us to use areas for dressing both the groomsmen and bridal party that we were not charged extra for which included a wet bar in each area. We felt it was a magical night in many ways due to this beautiful building, which also included plenty of free parking as well. The green area and wooden arched bridges are great photo ops too.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Viki · Married on 09/05/2015

The Rachel D. Murrah Civic Center was a perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. It is very spacious and very affordable. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The outside area was beautiful for the ceremony and the Ballroom was very easy to decorate. We accommodated 145 people with plenty of room for a very large dance floor area. We were allowed to select our own vendors for catering and other needs. I would highly recommend this venue for weddings.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Amanda · Married on 03/22/2015

This was the perfect place to have our wedding and reception! We had a beautiful outdoor ceremony and our reception was in the awesome ballroom! The staff were so nice and very accommodating! Everything was set up in a timely manner. They allowed me to choose any vender I wanted which was great!

Sent on 03/30/2015
  • Moira

Moira · Married on 11/08/2014

The Winter Park Civic Center was an excellent choice to have both our ceremony and reception. The venue was beautiful and perfectly suited for 120 guests (could have fit more and would have been fine with less guests too). Everyone at the Civic Center was extremely helpful in making sure all of my wedding dreams came true and took extra care with the little details. We were able to use our own caterer and provide our own alcohol, which were two huge pluses. I've heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. I highly recommend the Civic Center as your wedding location.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Working with Cindy Giles to get everything organized for my wedding was seamless. I really enjoyed working with her. She was very flexible and helpful. I could trust that everything was going to work out perfectly for my wedding day. Also, it was such a beautiful and peaceful spot with great areas for pictures. The people who worked at the center were also very helpful the day of the wedding make sure everything was running smoothly. I highly recommend using the Winter Park Civic Center as your Ceremony and Reception Venue.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Jennie · Married on 07/26/2014

We had our venue and reception at this location. The day of our wedding we had the venue from 10-midnight, which was perfect. We were able to bring in our own vendors and liquor as well. The staff is very friendly and the outside scenery is beautiful.

Sent on 08/09/2014

AnnMarie · Married on 06/23/2013

This venue is such a good price and so beautiful. We chose to have both our ceremony and reception here and I absolutely loved how it turned out. The space is so pretty that there is hardly any need to do a ton of decorating. The park is great for kids to play outside and the patio is a great place to take photos of the family. Cindy Giles, the chief of Recreation Facilities, was extremely communicative and very prompt with questions. We were planning the wedding from Minnesota so it was such a blessing to have her answer so quickly to all my emails. She sent me photos of what the patio looked like when there were changes and made sure that I had everything I needed. I felt so taken care of! If you're looking for a beautiful reception or ceremony for a great price, please consider the Winter Park Civic Center!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Christine · Married on 06/09/2013

Out of all of the venues we considered for our wedding, we chose the Winter Park Civic Center (WPCC). We loved the look of both the inside and outside spaces; we ended up using the outside terrace area for our ceremony and the main ballroom plus rooms D & E for our reception (we fit about 150 people plus a dance floor, the buffet tables, and a bar in the space). The ballroom has gorgeous vaulted ceilings and seemed very roomy because of it. Our contacts at the WPCC were Cindy and Janet, who were accommodating and pleasant to work with. We also chose the WPCC because of the flexibility they allowed us in choosing our own caterer, DJ, and other vendors.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Joe · Married on 03/30/2013

We loved our wedding here. We had the ceremony at the bridge, and the reception inside. Luckily it was a great day out, but if it did rain, they would have done the ceremony inside as a back up plan. Everyone had a great time, the place looked beutiful and it was great having the ceremony and reception at the same place. You should at least go look at it if you're still hunting.

Sent on 04/01/2013
  • tiffanie

tiffanie · Married on 10/13/2012

If you live in the central fl area...HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!! I had previously reserved Mead Gardens...but after seeing th WPCC i was sold it had everything you need for your ceremony and reception. they provided and set up the white ceremony chairs outside in the back either on the patio, under tree or in front of bridge. we had our ceremony in front of the bridge the lake is a beautiful back drop for the pictures. Cindy and JR are fantastic i think i emailed Cindy everyday lol but she responded to every single question i had. even if it had nothing to do with the place itself. she helped with my floorplan and she reassured me everything will be fine!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Tara · Married on 06/02/2012

What a great venue! I can't begin to express how wonderful it was for the wedding I wanted. When my now-husband and I first started wedding planning, we saw many lovely venues in Orlando but they all had different restrictions, for example, some venues were only open till 10 and some venues only let you use their preferred caterers. The Winter Park Civic Center was like a blank canvas. They let us reserve the date we wanted, let us have the building on our date from 11 am till midnight, and let us have any caterer or service we wanted! They had all the furniture for the room and had it set the night before the wedding so it was ready on the day of. They had little to no restrictions. Another plus about them is that the space can accommodate up to 250 people and it is gorgeous! We got married at the foot of the bridge, had our cocktail hour under the lovely terrace, and then moved inside for the reception! The space was amazing! If I had to go back and do my wedding over, I would still choose the Winter Park Civic Center in a heartbeat! :)

Sent on 06/09/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/15/2011

There is a lot to say about one's venue. We spent a very long time deciding on where to go for our special day. At the end of the day, we did have a budget to follow and the Winter Park Civic Center offered everything we needed and then some. Not to mention, only allows ONE wedding to go at a time, leaving your wedding to be THE top priority for the day. We were beyond accomodated when it came to picking who we wanted to cater our food, take our photos, and DJ our wedding. The flexibility of who we could use is what really sold us. The center is a blank slate. Room to decorate ANY way you like with very little restrictions. The grounds had places for photo op moments and defnitely gave the outdoor feeling we desperately needed. It was just perfect to get married outside underneath the big Oak tree. All while keeping the indoor reception cool and inviting. The staff were very pleasant. They were available on the wedding day to assist in set up & break down of tables & chairs. The place fit 150 comfortably, with plenty of room for more. It was a great place to host a wedding. Close proximity for most guests with plenty of parking and spacious grounds. Lovely choice.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Glorybell · Married on 10/01/2011

Winter Park Civic Center was the perfect place to get married. We searched and met with several venues and no one could compare in price, flexibility or visually. This venue allows you to pick whatever vendors you choose to work with. The best thing was they have a ceremony location so it made it easy for guests to not have to travel between venues. Also, they gave us ample time to set up and take down. Our pictures are gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Kim · Married on 07/17/2011

If you're a bride that wants her wedding ceremony and reception in the same place, you're smart ;). I always hate traveling between sites, and so being able to keep my guests in one place was a MUST for me. The WPCC is on a beautiful park, but since we had a JULY wedding (muy caliente!) we needed a large, cool space for guests. We loved the look and the accessibility of the WPCC. It has ample parking and space to hang out. The main room was plenty of space for 100 seated guests, three buffet tables, the DJ, and a photo booth. They had a piano in the lobby, so we had a pianist playing as guests arrived. I see that some reviews mention responsiveness was a problem. It wasn't for me, but I would always call during business hours, or leave a message. Cindy even called me the week of the ceremony to go over our information. They have a nice site map that you fill out so that the tables and chairs (inside and outside) are in place by the time your vendors arrive. GREAT VENUE!

Sent on 07/29/2011

Kathleen · Married on 03/05/2011

The venue was perfect! The outdoor area provided great scenery for pictures! We had approximately 250 people and the venue worked perfectly! The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout the entire process!!

Sent on 08/06/2011

Andrea · Married on 05/08/2010

We loved having our reception at the Winter Park Civic Center! Our guests were able to go from the beautiful outdoors to the inside. We were able to use whoever we wanted as vendors! I highly recommend using them for your venue!

Sent on 05/18/2010

Jenn · Married on 03/07/2010

We chose the WPCC because we wanted to have an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception-at the same location. We were also working with a wedding planner and catering company, so we had to find a place that let YOU choose the caterer. Pictures were also very important to me and I wanted to have a nice back drop. The wooden bridge (which was being closed for repair the day after our wedding), lake, and park definitely provided that. The patio where we got married was open but was shaded so it wasn't too hot. We added candles on the surrounding ledges and twinkle lights in the trees, it was just beautiful. The reception hall was also very pretty with large windows opening up to the lake. If you do choose to have a ceremony outside just be aware that it is a public park so there will be other people around (although they generally kept their distance when they saw there was a wedding taking place). They are also a little picky about your exit, you are not allowed to use sparklers or bird seed and you are pretty much limited to bubbles. They have a nice hotel literally next door, which is great for your first night. Overall, our experience with the civic center was great.

Sent on 03/21/2010

Amber · Married on 07/19/2009

The Farmers Market was beautiful.

Sent on 08/14/2009