Circle S Ranch Reviews

Circle S Ranch View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

1 User photo

Karen S. Married on 11/07/2020

Magical night of people beginning their lives together

Outstanding services from beginning to end. Everyone at the Inn and wedding venue performed safely for us and our family and the event was wonderfully joyous !!!
    Bob H. Married on 10/01/2020

Amazing staff, great rooms

The attention to detail is amazing at Circle S Ranch!
    This would even be a great place to just get away to the country and enjoy peace and tranquility.
    The staff, every single one of them, do an amazing job of making you feel welcomed!
    Ashley Married on 03/10/2017
    Circle S Ranch has a great deal with their lodge. They are a very lovely rustic venue. The people are very friendly. The outdoor ceremony spot is so sweet and serene. Great pic for a more rustic wedding
    Sierra Married on 12/03/2016
    Theresa was our event coordinator and we absolutely loved her! She went above and beyond and answered all of my questions at all hours of the day! She worked so hard to make sure our vision was executed. The Ranch is beautiful on its own so the fact that she worked so hard to make a great venue the BEST venue really stood out to us. We hope to be back for many anniversary weekends!

Circle S Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Sierra! We are beyond thrilled that you had such a great experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
    Cory Married on 11/01/2016
    I was the photographer for a wedding here. They were incredibly professional, helpful, and helped to make sure every guest was having a great time. 5 stars!
  • Becky
    Becky Married on 10/16/2016

Amazing Destination Venue!

My brother was recently married at the Circle S Ranch, and it was the most magical weekend we could have ever imagined! The staff was amazing and helped us with whatever we needed, from extra food to sewing kits! They are family and pet friendly, and there was nothing that was overlooked! The food was delicious, and the wedding was breathtaking! If you are looking for a local destination wedding where your family can all stay together in an amazing 12 bedroom country Inn right on the property and have farm to table food, there is no other place than Circle S! You will not be disappointed!
    M Married on 07/30/2016
    I was the photographer at a wedding here and it was a BEAUTIFUL space! Plenty of "picture perfect" locations on the property.
    Cameron Married on 06/12/2016
    I was the videographer for this wedding, and the fact that everything was in one place and the venue had so many photogenic places throughout made my job so easy! I would recommend this venue to couples in the future.
    Rachelle Married on 06/03/2016
    The wifi is hit or miss, so that would be the only thing to look at. Great staff, wonderful place to do a wedding!

Circle S Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a great experience. We do know that the WiFi and cell service out here can be frustrating. Unfortunately, that is one of the downfalls of being located out in the country. Thank you for your patience with that and we are glad it didn't interfere with your big day too much!
    Rachel Married on 04/16/2016
    As a photographer who has shot here multiple times over the past years, we have loves all our experiences with Circle S Ranch and recommend their venue to all our brides! If photos and a beautiful backdrop are important to you, this is the perfect place. We've also had a smooth and seamless experience with the staff as well. Highly recommend!
  • User2487426 2+ years ago
    I am so happy we chose Circle S Ranch for our wedding venue. It is the perfect location for anyone looking for a rustic venue surrounded by the most beautiful land. Sarah was incredible with helping us at the ranch! She made our experience seamless and stress free. The best part about the ranch is the option to make your wedding into a whole weekend. We had family and friends stay with us Friday and Saturday night and it really made it a special event for us. Thank you to everyone at the Ranch for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!
  • User2176039 2+ years ago
    I really enjoyed having my wedding at the Circle S Ranch. The scenery was beautiful and the people who worked there were amazing. They went out of their way to make our event spectacular. Our wedding party was there Friday-Sunday and we all enjoyed ourselves so much. I love this place so much in fact that I had my Baby Shower there and will soon be having my daughters first birthday there!

Circle S Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words about the Circle S Ranch. We cannot wait to see you again soon!
    Theresa Married on 09/14/2013
    What a great place to have any event! The place is beautiful and the staff so friendly. After the wonderful time at the wedding we decided to have our family Christmas there also!
    Dorothy Married on 09/14/2013
    The Circle S Ranch was a beautiful place and I am so happy we were able to have our wedding there. We got the Big Event Package and I am so happy we did. Our whole wedding party was able to stay Friday and Saturday night at the ranch and we all had so much fun. The staff was amazing and helped us with anything we wanted. The owner Mary was great and helped to make our wedding a one of a kind. The ceremony and reception site were perfect. We could not of asked for anything better. I tell everyone who is getting married that the Circle S Ranch is a must to check out.
    Chris Married on 06/15/2013
    I have to say that when my daughter chose the Circle S for her wedding I was cautiously optomistic that they would provide the kind of experience she expected. I have to admit that initially I was disappointed that she did not choose our country club. However, after wittnessing this event, I can tell that from beginning to end, the Circle S Ranch out performed our greatest expections. My daughter lives out of the country which created additional planning challenges. She also had very specific and demanding service requirements, including a unique menu and drink requirements. One of her goals was to reveal the beauty of Kansas to her many NYC friends and new Bostonian relatives, many of whom had never been to Kansas. At the same she wanted a venue capable of providing stunning upscale service. The Circle S ranch more than accomplished these goals and I believe, created a special memory for all of our guests. Flexability is a huge understatement. I am convinced that within reason, Mary and her staff will do anything possible to accomodate the wedding couples' requests. In addition, they go out of their way to do all the little things that you never even think of, just to make it as special as possible. Oh yes, we also had a huge rain storm just before the ceremony but the grounds were such that we were still able to have an outdoor ceremony. Had it continued to rain, they had a great contingency plan. My sense is that whether a wedding is simple or extravagant, they always outperform expectation.
  • User1261225 2+ years ago
    The circle s ranch is an amazibg venue for not only events but for weekend getaways as well. The staff went above and beyond to provide excellent work and help for my wedding party and guest the weekend of my wedding. I am definitely going back!
    Tonia Married on 08/12/2012
    Thank you to all the Circle S Ranch employees and Mary the Owner. This was by far better than we could have ever asked for.
    The food was wonderful , the farm and just everything was a dream for mom.
    We look forward to returning in December for Christmas.
    Madeline Married on 07/07/2012
    We had held my grandpa’s 75th birthday party at the Circle S Ranch when I was in high school and I remembered it being beautiful. So, we looked into it. The more we researched the more we realized how perfect it would be for us. 30 of our guests could stay out there with us (it is also a bed and breakfast), we could do EVERYTHING on site (rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception), they have fantastic food, AND they had farm animals everywhere- buffalo, horses, pigs, sheep, long horned cattle, donkeys, and the world’s sweetest golden retriever.

We flew to Kansas for a long weekend in March before our July wedding to visit the ranch and do a tasting! It was love at first sight. The rooms were beautiful, the ceremony site was perfect, the people were warm and friendly (gotta love the Midwest!), and the food knocked our socks off. The fact that the chef was committed to locally sourcing as much of the ingredients for our meals as possible was really just the icing on the cake. He worked with us to create a fantastic rehearsal dinner and reception menu that our guests STILL rave about.

Our guests commented over and over about how relaxing the weekend was. The ranch looked beautiful and they worked with us to make sure everyone was as comfortable as possible despite the 100+ degree temperatures! They had plenty of water, iced tea and lemonade, sunscreen, and bugspray available. Mary and her team helped us pull together our vision and everyone was truly a pleasure to work with.

I really can't recommend the Circle S Ranch enough!
    Julie Married on 12/26/2011
    We love the ranch! It was the absolute perfect venue for us and Amy was FANTASTIC to work with (ask to see the jewelry she makes too). The food was incredible too...we had so many comments on how great it was. Perfect venue and everyone who works there goes above and beyond. Worth every penny!
  • W
    Wyatt Married on 05/14/2016
    I have done hundreds of weddings, and have been involved in 2 at Circle S. Tucked out of the way on a beautiful piece of land, it is a great unique place for events. The outdoor wedding area is awesome with a small stream right behind the "stage" area and a great walk in aisle with large upright stone pillars. The large reception hall is spacious with a great outdoor connected area for dancing, DJ's etc. The food was amazing, and staff was as friendly as you could ask for. This has become one of my favorite venues to be sure.
    Nicole Married on 06/20/2015
    Circle S really made our wedding weekend. Our friends and family said it was such a sweet weekend and I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. It felt like a retreat because we got to stay at the lodge and felt so taken care of by the entire staff. It was such a great experience!

Circle S Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your review Nicole! We are so glad you had such a great experience and that your whole family was able to enjoy it together.
    Darci Married on 10/19/2013
    The Circle S Ranch was an amazing place to get married. I went to KU but have lived in NYC for the past decade. When my husband and I were planning the wedding we weren't sure where we'd want to get married - locally or closer to my family. We looked at so many venues. Circle S wound up being perfect for so many reasons. First off, there's Mary. Mary is the owner of the ranch, and a more charming and accommodating hostess you will not find. Mary worked with a lot of out of towners to organize our weekend - rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception at the party barn, smaller dinners for a group that stayed longer, bonfires with s'mores, horseback riding... Mary and her team made sure everyone was taken care of, and they did it in a way that made us all feel special and listened to. You guys rock!! <3 The ranch: there are 12 rooms, each adorable and unique with a variety of sleeping setups – double beds to kings. There's a gigantic hot tub and a flexible common area (with a huge fireplace!). We had the rehearsal dinner here and it was perfect. The property: there are buffalo and horses and even a few barn cats if you can catch them! There’s horseback riding and hiking. There are great photo ops all over the property - tree swings, an old merry go round, a tandem bicycle. There's a beautiful area for the actual ceremony. Party barn: another big space to organize as you like. The ranch supplied our linens, tables and chairs. Everything was set up early so we could come in and decorate. All of the lighting is beautiful. The food: Jason is a wizard! Every meal we had was fantastic and hearty. From the rehearsal, to the wedding, to the smaller dinners, to every breakfast and lunch – it was all delicious. To note: Wireless and cell reception is hit or miss this far out in the country. Make sure to give your venders the landline for the ranch too. Overall: So many thanks (and great big hugs!) to everyone at the Circle S for making our weekend so memorable and beautiful!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/08/2016
    My husband and I had our wedding at the Circle S. Ranch the weekend of Oct. 8th, 2016. We booked the venue for the entire weekend, and our package included the rental of all rooms in their B&B, our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, and several meals. The package was definitely not cheap, but for what you are paying, you're getting all of the aforementioned. For us, it was totally worth it to be able to host our parents and wedding party for the entire weekend, and know that no one would have to stress about their travel and accommodations. Overall we had a fantastic experience with Circle S. We did have a wedding coordinator who helped with most of our planning, and she had been employed with the Ranch for several years as their Events Coordinator. Even when a new Events Coordinator was hired on mid-way thru our planning, she picked right up where ours had left off, and didn't miss a beat in quickly returning our emails or helping us with every last detail of our big day. I had many, many compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was, which was all prepared by the Ranch. Our one disappointment in the Ranch was that we were guaranteed we'd have full access by 9am on Friday morning, with rooms ready for check-in by noon. However, it seemed a group was double booked on Friday and the main inn was still occupied til close to 2pm. It did not end up being too big of a deal, as many of our guests didn't end up arriving til 2-3pm, but we did feel slightly inconvenienced, mainly - again - due to the price we're paying for this venue. Overall, however, the weekend went off without a hitch, largely in part to the staff that work at Circle S. and their attentiveness to detail and customer satisfaction. I'd absolutely recommend this venue to couples in the KC area looking for a truly rustic, romantic wedding experience. Thank you for giving us a weekend to remember for a lifetime!
    Supriya Married on 04/02/2016
    Fabulous location and fabulous people to work with!!! Mary, Michelle, Lexi, and team made my family from afar feel very much at home. Thank you! Warmly, Supriya.