Cinematic Media Reviews

13 | Rochester, MN

13 Reviews for Cinematic Media

Sarah · Married on 06/27/2015

From start to finish, Jake from Cinematic Media did an extraordinary job with our wedding videography.

Jake was prompt and professional with each email and phone conversation we had. He answered my questions truthfully and thoroughly and helped us develop a plan for the day that ended up running flawlessly. On the day of the wedding he captured all that we had previously agreed upon and so much more. He blended into the day and managed to get footage of every important moment without being in the way or awkward. While remaining professional, Jake felt like a friend at the wedding and every person in our wedding party enjoyed him and his equipment. (The groomsmen loved the go-pros and the drone!) After the wedding Jake delivered our edited wedding videos (all 6 of them!) in a timely fashion. I honestly don't know how he did so much quality clipping and editing in such a short period of time. We had a wonderful time sharing our videos with our family and friends - all of whom were also blown away by Jake's work.

Also of note, at the end of our wedding night our photographer made a point of mentioning to us that she also really enjoyed working with Jake. She said that he was easy to work with and professional. It's great that Jake not only made us happy as the bride and groom, but that our other vendors also enjoyed spending time with him.

We are so appreciative of the work that Jake did. These videos will be watched over and over again for many years to come. We honestly love them and we are so glad that we chose Jake from Cinematic Media as our videographer!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Anna · Married on 05/16/2015

It was an extra perk for us because Jake was a friend of ours in college, so we already knew him pretty well, however it definitely felt like we were working with a professional from the start. Jake was a very good communicator and was very clear about the timeline and expectations. It is nice when the people that you are working with don't add any extra stress. He reached out to me a month or so before the wedding to go over every last detail which was extremely nice because then I didn't have to worry about a thing. He said he wouldn't get in the way during the day which was 100% true- we barely noticed him during photos, ceremony and reception. Our finished products are so special and I will watch time and time again. I would highly recommend hiring Jake for your big day if you want great videos and a great guy to work with that will not cause you any stress!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Cinematic Media's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Anna! The trip to Fargo was well worth it to be able to work with you and Trey for your special day. Best wishes!

Chad · Married on 04/25/2015

When my wife and I hired Jake, we had not met him in person. We reviewed multiple websites for videographers for just quality assurance. Jake's videos were fantastic online and he was priced right for what we wanted in a videographer.

We met Jake about 2 weeks before the wedding and we knew it was the right decision. He was a professional throughout the entire process.

He was there early on our wedding day getting set up and made us feel at ease throughout the entire day.

His work really captured the entire day and the videos came out absolutely amazing. Its going to be an anniversary tradition to watch the movies for years to come. My wife and I absolutely recommend Cinematic Media based on our experience with Jake.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Cinematic Media's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Chad! It was wonderful working with you and Mariah for your special day. It turned out to be a perfect day and it was so cool to see so many friends and family members come together in the tiny little town of Wanda! Best wishes for the future!

Cory · event on: 03/11/2015

Jake provided our business a promo video. He was able to perfectly capture our atmosphere and piece together a great video for our advertisement. Look no further than Cinematic Media for your videography needs.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Noam · Married on 01/31/2015

Where to start! From start to finish, Jake made sure to include us in the process. He made himself available via phone calls, emails, and a very transparent planning document that made sure that we captured all the right moments.

He came early and found breathtaking views of Silverwood park. He has a drone that he gets arial shots with! And he was generous with his time. He really makes the day all about you and your loved ones.

He worked side by side with our photographer to get all of the best shots. He made sure to capture all of the audio on various hidden microphones, and he was able to be around for any impromptu memory that needed to be captured.

Shortly after the wedding, he was even able to release some raw footage for grandparents that were in poor health. Honestly, I can't believe how inclusive and thoughtful he was throughout the entire process. He literally made sure that all of our loved one's were represented.

In short, we've watched the videos over 100 times! He documented and artistically captured the best day of our lives. Thank you Jake!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Melinda · Married on 12/13/2014

Jake is a fantastic videographer and so easy to work with. He made sure he understood what we wanted and went the extra mile on our wedding day to insure everything was happening that needed to happen. From the very beginning Jake was so easy to work with. He replied to emails and phone calls within hours and sometimes minutes. He took the extra time to coordinate with our photographer, church and reception venue so he knew all the details of the day and how best to capture every moment. He was also very flexible in the hours you booked with him and that helped in making sure all the memories I wanted on video were captured while still keeping it within budget. I would highly recommend Jake and Cinematic Media to anyone looking for a top quality videographer.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Beth · Married on 10/18/2014

Wow! Very impressed. Jake was professional, timely, respectful, and flexible. The creativity was truly amazing. The best video I have ever seen!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Getting a videographer was one of our last minute investments for our wedding. My sister made me realize that our big day was going to be such a blur and we are so glad that we did it! We are even more glad that we found Cinematic Media. There were a lot of videographers out there that didn't have the quality and were way too expensive. Some seemed great but they were only even more expensive with package prices almost half of our wedding budget. So after googling the heck out of it, we found Cinematic Media. I was skeptical at first because because their pricing for about the same packages with other vendors were definitely lower so it made me worry about the video quality. But looking at their portfolio, it wasn't bad at all. Jake who was the videographer and owner, was just a guy who understood how expensive weddings could be and developed great package deals and payment plans that could easily fit into wedding budgets. And after seeing our videos online which was sent to us just a couple of weeks after our wedding, we've decided it was definitely a great investment! Jake did such a great job! Most of the time, we didn't even know he was there. He's definitely a video ninja! So if you need someone who is interactive, helpful, flexible and professional who offers great videography packages, we highly recommend Cinematic Media!

Sent on 11/10/2014
  • O

OD · Married on 10/17/2014

Sent on 11/15/2014

Dain · Married on 07/19/2014

Jake Vaith and Cinematic Media provided us with excellent service and professionalism on our wedding day. He was on time and always in the right place to capture the people and events of our wedding. We are so pleased we decided to use him and proudly recommend him to future customers in need of cinematography services. The finished product was more than we could have hoped for and are very thankful he was there to capture everything. He used his talent to create polished videos that we are excited to watch and show our friends and families so we can re-live our memories of the wedding. My wife and I will recommend him to anyone for any event.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Any bride or groom reading this review, if there is one, and only one, piece of wedding advice I have for you, it is to hire Cinematic Media. In the hundreds of decisions we made leading up to the wedding, having Jacob Vaith there was by far the best decision we could have made.

The wedding day went so quickly, and after it was over, I wished I could go back and live in my favorite moments just for a few seconds longer--like my mother and father hugging me before they gave me away, or the beautiful words my husband spoke at our ceremony, etc. Jacob Vaith and Cinematic Media allowed my husband and me the opportunity to re-live these cherished moments. This was truly a dream come true.

Jacob was by far one of the most professional vendors we worked with. He was punctual and incredibly prepared. The wonderful thing is he was shooting film every second and we had no idea he was there. He worked tirelessly.

When we came home from our honeymoon, we received an e-mail that Jake had our featured film and trailer done, and I have since watched it probably 25 times, today. He captured every moment that I would have wanted captured.

He conferenced with me before the wedding to work around our schedule and to be sure he knew what moments were very important to us.

If Jake wouldn't have been there, although our wedding memories would have been alive in our minds-eye, we wouldn't be able to look back and enjoy the two years we put into planning this special weekend; watching your first kiss as husband and wife, being able to laugh at the speeches again, watching everyone on the dance floor--these moments filled me with a sense of gratification and appreciation I can't put into words.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Jacob Vaith. Your work was beautiful and you gave us a gift we will enjoy every year, and, hopefully, someday, our future children will also be able to enjoy.

Sent on 07/31/2014
  • User2891985 · 2+ years ago

I am so happy that I worked with Cinematic Media for my wedding! Jake was very professional, friendly, and worked great with myself and my photographer. He was enthusiastic and always polite. He was on time for all events and captured my day beautifully and I barely knew he was there during the wedding! The video editing went much quicker than I expected and he provided us with a trailer and a full video which was beautifully shot and edited, and in high quality. Jake did an amazing job getting the details of the day that I, as a stressed out bride, even missed. I am so happy that I chose to work with Cinematic Media and that I will have their video as a life-long keepsake of my wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Tyler · Married on 05/31/2014

Jake at Cinematic Media gave us incredible experience from beginning to end. Jake was there while we got ready, there through pictures, as well as the ceremony through the reception. Although he was there to capture our entire day, his presence was rarely noticed as he was able to get amazing shots without ever obstructing or changing the flow of the day. The professionalism that Jake and Cinematic Media bring to the table is refreshing and made our day everything that it could be. The post production editing and final product were above and beyond our expectations and quite honestly, blew us away. I would and do recommend Cinematic Media to all friends, family and acquaintances.

Sent on 07/01/2014