Christy K. Makeup and Hair Reviews

Christy K. Makeup and Hair 4
Christy K. Makeup and Hair 5

Jessica Chen · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Great makeup artist!

Christy was so great! She also did our moms makeup and the grooms hair! Very talented!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Geeyeon Do · Married on 01/04/2020

Would choose her again!

Definitely would recommend Christy for wedding day hair and makeup! I was looking for a makeup artist that would be familiar with makeup for asian complexions - she has the experience and training to excel in this area. I explained to Christy the type of makeup/hair I was going for and she did it better than I expected. I had a group of 9 people getting hair and makeup done and her team of 4 finished everyone earlier than the estimated time. Very happy and satisfied with her services! :)

Sent on 04/22/2019

Katherine Liu · Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent makeup/hair artist!!

I heard about Christy from couple friends before I reached her. With her many years of experiences and knowledge, I am very comfortable to let her touch my face and decide the best look for me. Christy is a talented makeup artist; she is so sweet and easy to work with. I prefer natural look and Christy did exactly what I want. Her make up is very natural but looks beautiful, glowing and long lasting!!!

Also, Christy arrived on time and was prepared. I would definitely recommend Christy for 2020 Brides!!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Casey · Married on 08/10/2019

Highly recommended!

I used Christy for my bridal and bridesmaids hair/makeup and would highly recommend her! Christy is easy to work with, flexible and responsive.

I was able to schedule a trial make-up run, and Christy took the time to learn about my skin type, personal style and the look I was going for.

On my wedding day, Christy and her team took the same care to learn what my bridesmaids wanted and were able to create a natural look that would photograph well with beautiful hairstyles that held up for the night. All of us (5 including myself) were completed a little ahead of schedule and were very happy with how we looked!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Xuan

Xuan Chen · Married on 07/29/2019

Amazing hair and makeup service

I have Christy doing my wedding hair and makeup and her team for my wedding party and I love the service so much!
    1. They are great at listening to your requirements and finding a look that is suitable for you and beautiful on pictures. All of my friends and family said I looked amazing and I had to give so much credit to Christy and her team for the compliments!
    2. Christy prepared me up from months before the wedding day. She had very detailed skin care advice sent to us as soon as I contacted her for the service. I did a makeup trial but I didn't change much of the style from the trial and it looked very natural and beautiful on pictures. I also had my hair dyed 2 weeks before as she suggested.
    3. Very stable look on the day and flexible services. I told myself not to cry too much on the wedding day to stay pretty but I still did:( but the makeup still look great at the end of the day and I got to be true to my emotions on my wedding at the same time! They are also very flexible and accommodating with some situations I had such as me being late for 15 minutes (sorry!) and my mother-in-law did her makeup already while my mother wanted to do her hair etc.. I have to thank Christy and her team so much for making my wedding day worry-free!

My bridesmaids also loved the hair and makeup her team did. The look was very beautiful yet true to themselves! I would definitely recommend Christy for all wedding makeup and hair services!

Christy K. Makeup and Hair 6
    Christy K. Makeup and Hair 11
    Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy Ho · Married on 07/28/2019

Excellent quality work and fast paced

Christy and her team were amazing for my wedding. A very important part of the wedding was my bridesmaids individuality and I really feel like they cared and they definitely delivered in quality. I have been in a few weddings were everyone's makeup was very cookie-cutter, and I understand making the bride feel special because I was a bride myself and I wanted to feel special. But everyone had what they wanted and looked spectacular and I still felt beautiful. I highly recommend Christy to do wedding makeup!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Jessie Luo · Married on 07/20/2019

Awesome makeup artist!

Christy is an amazing makeup artist. Everyone praised about how beautiful my makeup and hair were, and I did not have to do any touch ups the entire night! Christy was super responsive, easy to communicate with, and super punctual. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

great experience!

Christy was very nice to work with! She was very responsive in both emails and texts and was very professional, easy going as well. Being Korean-American, it is hard to find a good wedding makeup artist geared toward younger brides and I was so glad I was able to find her. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Z

Ziqi · Married on 01/19/2019

Excellent professional wedding makeup and hair artist

If you are looking for an Asian style wedding makeup, Christy K is your best choice. She's been training makeup and hair skills in both Asia and the U.S. and would accommodate to any request. She also provides retouch service for the groom. My husband and I were very satisfied with her work, and we were even sure about that when we got our wedding photos. Her makeup will make you look outstanding in every photo. I would high recommend to brides that want a fresh and natural style. Also she is very responsive and easy communicate with. We both enjoyed working with her.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Grace Choi · Married on 10/13/2018

Natural, fresh and dewy look for wedding

For my wedding I wanted an Asian makeup artist, because having had my makeup done professionally for other weddings I can tell you that what works for Caucasian features doesn’t always work for Asian features. I typically don’t wear a lot of makeup, and I wanted to look natural...I wanted to look like myself but a really pretty version! Christy K to the rescue! She created a look that was exactly what I was looking for! Natural, fresh, and dewy— I have never felt prettier than on my wedding day! Christy was so professional, and she took my feedback and modified things accordingly. She let me borrow a beautiful hair piece to wear, and left me with a touch-up makeup kit full of lip gloss, makeup remover, bobby pins, etc. I really enjoyed working with her— she was very professional, sweet, and fun to talk to. I would highly recommend her for both hair and makeup. Thank you, Christy!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 10/13/2018

Urquhart/Knoll Wedding 11.10.18

Christy is truly phenomenal! She is incredibly talented. I have asian monolid eyes and always struggle with a natural, but eye opening look without making it look dramatic. Christy nailed it! My face make up looked super natural and it lasted it all evening!! She is super attentive and extremely easy to work with, especially since I was planning this wedding from NYC. She even came to my childhood home to do my hair and makeup on my wedding day! I couldn't be more impressed with how everything turned out. I highly recommend Christy if you're looking for someone who is professional, down to earth and just "gets it." Love, love love! Urquhart/Knoll Wedding 11.10.18

Sent on 11/15/2018

Scarlett · Married on 09/22/2018

Christy is wonderful!!!! Her team and herself are fantastic. It was pouring during my ceremony. I thought my makeup and hair must have been ruined by the rain but it didn't! In fact, my makeup and hair were as good as it was that morning! I highly recommend Christy K and her team to you on your big day.

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Yejin

Yejin · Married on 08/04/2018

Loved christy k!

This is a very overdue review but I have to say Christy is EXCELLENT and I would hire her again in a heartbeat!! My now-husband first hired her for our proposal shoot (it also happened to be our 3 year dating anniversary so I just thought he was pampering me!). It’s very hard to find a makeup artist who is good at Asian makeup/hair – we have very different facial structures and skin tone that does not work with the western makeup style. But Christy knows what she is doing. She just looked at my face and started mixing different foundation shades and was able to match my skin tone perfectly to have that natural look I wanted! I didn’t even say much except that I wanted to natural look and she was able to work her magic. I also struggle with breaking out/adult acne and she was able to cover them up so well! Plus she is very sweet and gave great advice on skin care and makeup. I was so impressed at how good she was that we also hired her for our engagement shoot, our wedding day, AND our day-after wedding portraits! That’s how much I loved her and her work (each time a similar look but different hair styles). We asked Christy to do our mothers’ makeup as well on our wedding day and they both loved it! If you are an Asian woman looking for a very talented makeup artist, I highly recommend Christy K!! I’ve attached a few photos so you can see for yourself!

Christy K. Makeup and Hair 12
    Christy K. Makeup and Hair 13
    Christy K. Makeup and Hair 14
    Sent on 04/21/2019

Serena · Married on 07/07/2018

Christy was amazing. She did such a great job, and was so sweet to be around. It was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding.

Christy arrived right on time on the morning of the wedding and was incredibly proactive in setting up the space where me, my bridesmaids and moms were going to be getting our makeup/hair done. Chrisy is really sweet; the crown I prepared for hair style didn't fit me well, and she offered hers so I can have my dreaming princess looking :). The makeup and hair was perfect and stayed in place all night.

Christy is also very knowledgeable on skin care products as well and give good advice on how to improve my skin condition.

Thanks so much, Christy!

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/16/2018

Christy and her wonderful team did such an amazing job at my wedding! I have a makeup trail with Christy first to discuss what style I like. I prefer a very natural look, almost as natural as my everyday makeup. Christy was very patient and she really listened when I told her my preferences. After the trial I had several last minute changes both on my makeup and hair, and on how many people's makeup and hair needed to be done. She was very accommodating and responsive the entire time. On my wedding day, Christy brought several assistants and they all did a wonderful job in a timely manner. I highly recommend Christy's team!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Siang Hui · Married on 12/28/2017

We felt completely taken care of by Christy right from the moment we contacted her. She sent us a thoughtful email with skincare tips leading up to our big day. We told her we want to start the wedding at 9AM sharp - auspicious hour, and she made sure we are ready and beautiful by 830AM. She knows exactly what our Asian skin need, and exactly how to work with our Asian hair. She even gifted us a pouch each with lip-gloss, hair pins, and more, so that we can touch up throughout the day! Her thoughtfulness and calming professional presence made us feel special, well taken care of, and very nourished on our wedding day. Thank you very much Christy!

Christy K. Makeup and Hair 15
    Sent on 05/16/2018

Melody · Married on 07/15/2017

I had Christy as my make up/hair artist for my wedding that just occurred a month ago (7/15/2017), and I cannot thank her enough for her services. Christy and her assistant are extremely talented with their make up/hair skills. Not only did her make up look natural, it also lasted the whole day. I had an outdoor wedding, and the make up stayed on despite the sun and heat. My eyes are typically really sensitive to make up, but she was able to apply make up on my eyes and put fake eyelashes on with no problem. The make up did not bother me one bit. Christy was really considerate and thorough with providing a touch-up kit for just-in-case situations. She was also extremely flexible as I added more people to have make up with her last minute. She took care of my bridal party and myself, and we are all really pleased with what she did for our make up and hair. Christy was also patient with my questions, inquiries, and numerous emails prior to my wedding day. I am so glad that I went with Christy, and without a doubt, highly recommend her for any bride/bridal party!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Roddy · Married on 06/18/2017

Christy's makeup and hair was totally on point. Her work is one of a kind and I can't recommend her enough. She claims to specialize in Asian hair and makeup, but I have to say, she's not only just good at Asian styling but also other ethnicities too! I got nothing to say but just wow!

Sent on 09/07/2017
  • I

Mi · Married on 06/06/2017

Christy is very professional, and talented at bringing out everyone's natural beauty, with a clean fresh look. She is also very nice and easy-going, we had a calm and happy morning on the big day through makeup and chatting. My makeup and hair lasted whole day long till midnight without any touch-up, though she prepared a touch-up bag for me. Cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/11/2017
  • F

Fangfei · Married on 10/06/2016

Christy is a true professional. I had her doing my court house wedding makeup+hair and my photoshoot make up+ hair. These 2 styles are totally different, but somehow Christy discovers the best of me in these two styles. I don't live in Seattle, so I couldn't meet her face to face until the big day. However, it's not a problem for Christy. She asked me to send my pictures, and we had many calls and email exchanges before my big day discussing the styles I like and the styles she thinks should suite me well. Christy is sooo sweet. She even bought breakfast for my husband and I for a very early morning session, since she knew we probably didn't have a chance to eat... Thank you so much Christy for making me so beautiful on my big day!!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Nan-Haun · Married on 08/20/2016

Christy and her team are very professional! They show up on time. They are very efficient. Christy is an endearing person who listens to your needs and concerns. She discusses the hairdo and makeup with you before my wedding and her team knows exactly what to do on the day. Christy brings some extra accessories just in case (which is very helpful). My veil was too heavy to a point that could mess up the hairdo. Christy magically took one of her spare veils. She was very calm and knew what to do when she saw my puffy eyes and not very ideal skin due to sleep deprivation before my wedding.
    Having Christy as your makeup artist and hair stylist for your wedding would be a very smart choice!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Rui · Married on 07/02/2016

Christy was great. I found her on Yelp for my wedding day makeup and hair. What I like about her:
    1) She was very responsive to communications (phone, text, emails)
    2) She was very professional, she gave me advises on what styles and products would work for my skin tone, skin type, hair etc. She took my opinions on what I wanted for my look and optimized it for my features. She also taught me how to take care of myself up till the wedding for perfect make up application/ hair styling.
    3) She knew what she was doing. My makeup and hair turned out great. Worth every penny in my opinion.
    4) She is a honest business. I initially told her there will be two other ladies needing makeup. But on the day itself, one did not show... Although she was not required to ( we signed a contract), she refunded me the money! I was genuinely surprised! What amazing ethic!

So in short, on time, on task, on quality and honest.

Sent on 07/27/2016

May · Married on 06/19/2016

I got my hair and makeup done by Christy for my wedding photo shoot, I really like it. She did a fantastic job for both my hair and make up. Everything turned out looking very gorgeous on me. Really appreciate all her kindly help. She is also very nice and patient. When I did my trail, she provided a lot of very helpful tips on skin care and hair care. She is professional!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Casey · Married on 05/22/2016

Everything turned out looking super gorgeous on myself, all my bridesmaids and the mothers! She and her assistant did some amazing work.

I told her exactly what I wanted and she did just that. She made a few modifications to account for my hair, head shape, facial features, and dress/veil styles. She even gave me some extensions to use on my hair! I have the worst skin imaginable but she made my skin look baby soft and positively flawless.

Something funny happened and I'm glad that Christy was able to adapt. All of my bridesmaids had picked out a makeup and hair style and sent it to Christy prior to the wedding. After my maid of honor got her hair/makeup done, everyone saw how stunning she looked and decided on-the-spot that they wanted to have their hair and makeup done like hers.

I'm super happy with the results and would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Linda · Married on 08/22/2015

Christy is one of the nicest & professional persons to work with and to begin with. With her finishing up my make up and hair perfectly and beautifully on my wedding day...I received lots of compliments!!! She actually has incorporated my feedback to her and went above and beyond exceeding my expectations (: I had a very pleasant and satisfied overall experience and I never feel stressed when working with her; even on the BIG day! She is very helpful, efficient, and knowledgeable - that is what I have been looking for from the make up artist (: I highly recommend Christy to any future brides and bridesmaids because she will make your day brighter and your occasion extra special!!!

Sent on 08/26/2015