27 Reviews for Christopher Michael catering

House Wine (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Tables (1)
27 Christopher Michael catering Reviews

My son, Chris and his now wife, Amanda called this great catering company with a budget for their wedding reception. Mr. kar met with them and worked out a great menu within this budget. No other caterers they had met with could provide such a bountiful menu as he did. Everyone raved about the amazing, delicious and abundant food that was provided by a staff that was delightful, professional, and prompt. To provide for approximately 180+ people under a tent, on a chilly, wet evening on September 30th is one thing but to have it served hot, that was amazing! I would highly recommend Christopher Michael Catering.

Profile Picture Ann, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

You couldn't go wrong by booking Christopher Michael catering there staff under Cynthia direction was outstanding. All my guests were very impressed with the quality and care they received. The chief Christopher was outstanding the miso Chilean sea bass was my favorite but all the selections they served were fantastic. There would be no question for me to use them again.

Profile Picture karen, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Matt did our wedding on June 4th at Lenz vineyard. It was the BEST service I could have ever imagined. In fact it was better than I had even hoped. The staff were more than attentive but also remained unnoticed in a perfectly balanced way. They were always there with a fresh plate of appetizers or french plated food. I highly recommend the french plating. It was such a unique thing and our guests couldn't stop raving about it. They could try all the three options and have unlimited quantities without having to get up for a buffet. Everyone was so pleased with all the food cooked on premises. It tasted way more fresh than any catering hall could have provided. The filet was so tender and medium rare, the chicken was super very flavorful and the shrimp were cooked PERFECTLY. The side dishes were so fresh and tasty too. The appetizers were the perfect, chic cocktail hour too. Not too much food and just a perfect array of little bites. I could not recommend this caterer any more! 10 out of 10!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I had the best experience with Christopher Michael's! Matt and Christine were helpful and responsive. We wanted a relaxed feeling for our wedding so we opted for a family style meal service and it went off without a hitch! The food was amazing and the staff made sure my husband and I were actually eating which was so thoughtful. Our guest all raved about the food and service, many of them told us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We can't thank them enough for the great service and experience they provided us and our guests.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our wedding would not have been as big of a hit as it was without all of the hard work and delicious food from Matt and the rest of the team at Christopher Michael.

After doing our homework on several caterers, we ultimately decided on Christopher Michael for numerous reasons, perhaps mostly because of the experience and professionalism of Matt. From our initial conversations, to our first meeting at the Jamesport Manor Inn (which we would also recommend for a fantastic dinner), to the dozens of questions and specific details we discussed over the phone and e-mails, Matt was always extremely helpful and quick to respond. Similarly, as we got closer to the big day, Matt offered his insights and experiences on our timeline for the reception and other critical details that we hadn't considered, even though those things weren't necessarily in the scope of our relationship. He also went out of his way to personally deliver some of the tables and chairs to our venue a day early for us to use for our rehearsal dinner.

In terms of the day of, the experience could not have gone any better. The entire staff that was onsite acted professionally and efficiently; aside from the times that they were serving, they were never in the way, but always available when needed - they run a very smooth ship! And last, but certainly not least, the food itself was incredible! After getting Matt's opinion, we ultimately decided to go with French style service, giving our guests the option to choose from three entrees; everyone loved that they had the option to choose from three delicious entrees and that they could get seconds, or even thirds, if they wanted, although many of the guests had already filled up already on all of the delicious h'or deurves at cocktail hour! Even over a month later, we have at least one of our guests bring up how incredible the food was almost every day.

Overall, from start to finish, working with Christopher Michael Catering was amazing!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 10/10/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Delivery, Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, House Wine, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer

My husband and I were married at Martha Clara on Oct. 9, 2015. Matt's catering was absolutely the best! He worked with us to make an awesome menu! Christine was absolutely amazing too! She made sure my husband and I tried every single thing they made that night! We received so many compliments on the food at our wedding! It was also a bonus to see Matt grilling as we walked into the cocktail hour. It definitely showed his heart and dedication to his business!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/9/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American, Clean Up, Set Up

We had our wedding at Pellegrini Vineyard on Aug. 30, 2015. The day was perfect. Christopher Michael Catering was the caterer we chose for our event. Matt Kar and his crew did an absolutely fabulous job on that day. For those who do not know Matt Kar is the owner operator of Christopher Michael catering. He and his crew were very professional, friendly and knew exactly what had to be done. We were able to relax and have a good time at our wedding, seeing that they knew exactly what they were doing. Which helped us enjoy the day. The food was prepared elegantly and of superior quality. The food was absolutely delicious. From the pass around hors d'oeuvres which were plentiful to the french style dinner service. Made our event fantastic. They also worked very well with the other vendors at our event.
Christine is the person that was our coordinator from Christopher Michael's that helped the whole day go on with out a hitch. From setting up the chairs for the ceremony in the vineyard to setting up the cocktail hour area to setting up the reception tables and decoration. The service was phenomenal. During the cocktail hour we had a few elderly people who couldn't move around well and Matt's crew made up a tray of hors d'oeuvres and brought it to them, so they wouldn't miss out. We thought that was so great. Everything was perfect and it was a great day. Matt and his crew did such a fantastic job. They helped our wedding day be a very special we will always remember.
On the next day we had a brunch for our families and wedding party at Matt Kars restaurant, The Jamesport Manor Inn. Fabulous place. Same quality food and service. Very quaint place. Great for any meal. They have a party room upstairs which we had our brunch at. It is handicap accessible. There is a small elevator for persons who can not climb the stairs.

Profile Picture Ken, 8/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Delivery, Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American, Italian, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Chairs

Christopher Michael was a wonderful all-inclusive choice for catering for my daughter's wedding at a North Fork winery. Delicious food, many choices, French-style service by courteous, friendly professionals. Matt provided everything from linens to beverages, We highly recommend Christopher Michael catering.

Profile Picture Lynne, 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

My wife and I got married at Martha Clara Vineyards on July 11, 2015. Our dream wedding could not have been possible without Matt Kar and his team. Great food + great music = great wedding. And boy did Matt and his team deliver on the food! Jamesport Manor Inn has a new off premise catering company called "Two Forks Catering" sister company to Christopher Michael catering. We can't say enough good things about our whole experience dealing with Two Forks Catering. Matt is the consummate professional and it clearly has rubbed off on his team. His entire staff from Christine who helped run everything day of to the bartenders and servers, we could not have been happier with the staff. As for the food, we've had numerous people tell us "it was best cocktail hour ever." The hors d'oeuvre choices and quality of food was exceptional! The baby lamb chops, duck quesadillas and mini lobster rolls were all fan favorites. The raw bar was a huge hit! Clams, oysters on the half shell and shrimp, everything was so fresh. Our guests were eating oysters faster than the staff could shuck them I think. Dinner was great too! To show you how accommodating Matt is, when we met with him, my wife asked if we could have a cold corn side dish with dinner since Long Island corn would be in season. Without hesitation Matt said "not a problem at all." Matt made a delicious corn succotash side to accompany our main courses. The main dishes were great as well. We had Pan-Roasted Striped Bass and New York Strip Steak. We would also like to thank you and your whole staff at the Jamesport Manor Inn for making the rehearsal dinner perfect as well. The Gallery easily fit our 35 guests and is very elegant. Again, Matt was able to have a chowder soup made that my wife requested that was out of this world! The entrees and desserts were off the charts too! Matt will make your special day everything you dreamed it would be. Don't hesitate to use Two Forks Catering!

Profile Picture User5273881, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our daughter was married on June 20 at an outdoor venue. We used Christopher Michael Caterers, and Matt and his staff were fantastic. They went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect for us. We wanted a relaxed atmosphere with a barbecue, and they provided exactly that, with delicious food and very friendly service. The staff was very professional, but at the same time, almost seemed like they were there as our friends, exactly the atmosphere we hoped for. Everyone raved about the food. We felt, from our very first meeting with Matt, that we could relax, confident in knowing that he and his staff were going to do a top notch job, and we were right! In the planning stages, they were always there ready to talk to us about any concerns we had. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and always made us feel that we were important to them. When our special day arrived, all we had to do was enjoy our daughter's wedding. Can't say enough………perfect!

Profile Picture christine, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were married at the Jamesport Manor Inn a few weeks ago and used Christopher Michael Catering, and it exceeded our expectations! Everything we tasted was delicious, the staff was happy and helpful, and the setting was gorgeous. Everyone we worked with throughout the planning process was professional, easy to communicate with and get quick answers, and dedicated to making our day perfect. I highly recommend them for weddings or any catered event. They worked well with all of our vendors, they made every wish a reality, and were especially accommodating to our family and guests.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Matt Kar and his employees made my daughter's wedding a flawless event. Matt understates his value when you meet him. He or his staff handles everything during the event. Right on schedule. The wedding was at Clovis Point, Jamesport NY that works as a true partnership with Matt. Kelly at Clovis was also a 5.0 along his staff. Christopher Michael prepared the food on site that makes it upper quality and the guest were shocked by the quality of catered food. The food is not your typical catered food. The quality, promptness and temperature of the food was as if you were being served in a 5 star restaurant. I cannot suggest one improvement for this caterer. We had the three selection: chicken, filet and swordfish. The guest were served at their tables and had the choice of all, plus seconds. The raw bar is also a "must". The presentation is perfect and we never had to worry or ask for anything during the event. Matt undersells his value and is fully committed to excellence. Matt's son cooked at our event and the staff was 100% professional. Just leave it up to this group and enjoy your event.

Profile Picture Bruce, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough great things about Christopher Michael Catering, and specifically Chef and Co-Owner, Matt Kar. Matt was incredibly helpful while planning the catering for my wedding - he was attentive and responsive. He gave honest suggestions and helped guide us on amount of food, specialty tables, and hors d'oeuvre options. He also helped coordinate rentals such as chairs, tables, and suggested a trusted nearby tent company. And he was always willing to meet with us in person to answer any and all the questions I had, and believe me, I had a lot!

The food at our wedding was great - it was fresh and simple and truly played to the surrounding North Fork farm-to-table feel. The servers and bartenders were all friendly and helpful and always made sure that my new husband and I had exactly what we wanted.

I am extremely happy that we decided to go with Christopher Michael Catering. I recommend them to anyone planning their wedding on the East End of Long Island.

Profile Picture Michelina, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience using Christopher Michael. We met with Matt Kar was very professional and knowledgeable. He's been in business for over 20 years and "kept it real" which I truly appreciated. He adjusted some things per our requests and was flexible and great to deal with.

Christine, the catering manager is a total rock star, detail oriented, and on the ball! I loved all of the interaction I had with her, and I knew that everything was going to run smoothly and be totally taken care of. Working with her gave me a lot of peace of mind! They took care of all the rentals for linens, place settings, tables, etc. as well, which took the pressure off of us.

The food was excellent, the cocktail hour bites were delicious. All the details were attended to. I really appreciated them picking up our pies from Briermere Farms and taking such good care of us. Everyone enjoyed the eats at the wedding, and I was grateful for all the tear-down, and clean-up that they did. I would recommend Christopher Michael to any bride in the area who wants local flavor prepared by a company who knows the North Fork better than anyone.

Profile Picture Leah, 8/30/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Matt and his team were wonderful - genuine, professional, and most importantly, they made the most delicious food! We got a tremendous amount of compliments from our friends and family, so kudos to the whole team.

Our experience was excellent all around. In the lead up to our wedding, they were responsive, honest, and just great to work with. We always knew we were in good hands. Christine, who had a huge role on the day of the wedding, was phenomenal - she answered all of our pre-wedding questions and the wedding really felt seamless with her in charge.

Overall, we highly recommend Christopher Michael, for both their food and service!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Matt is simply the best! His staff is extraordinary and the food was incredible. They coordinated the entire wedding which was seamless from start to finish. Thank you so much.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

All of the food was amazing. We opted for the buffet style, which was a great value. Everyone loved the fact that they could get two or three entrees vs a small piece of fish or meat that you usually get at weddings. Matt was a pleasure to work with and his team did a wonderful job. We couldn't be happier with how the evening went.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Matt Kar and his team at Christopher Michael was such a score for us. We had looked at a few different caterers, and weren’t happy with the overall prices and service we were receiving while asking for information. When I contacted Matt he said he would met with me on a Sunday at 10am, after he probably worked an 18 hour day the day before. We felt very comfortable with him, and he told us like it was. He was upfront with everything. The French style dinner was perfect for what we were looking for, and the food selections, top notch. He was always very honest and willing to help us with our questions, every step of the way.
The day of the wedding the catering staff was FANTASTIC. They worked so smoothly with our other vendors and the bartenders never had a guest waiting for a drink. Our guests loved all of the passed cocktail hour Hors d'oeuvres, and completely raved about the dinner. We have been hearing things like, “best food presentation ever at a wedding”, “loved the French service”, “most delicious and freshest food”, etc. The French service was such a difference from standard wedding service. The staff came around and let the guest choose what they would like; all 3 entrees were available for each guest. They also came around a 2nd and 3rd time to see if anyone wanted more. It was so perfect, and my husband and I sat and actually ate at our own wedding! Imagine that! 
Matt is a genuine guy with an amazing reputation, and for a very good reason. We can see why the Jamesport Manor Inn & Country Kitchen has such superb reviews, and reputations. His talent is remarkable and we feel extremely lucky to have worked with him. This will not be our only event working with him, and I look forward to our next party where we can work together again.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 7/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a wonderful experience with Christopher Michael Catering. The food was amazing and the service was just as great. Everyone raved about the food after the wedding was over. Matt and his team really know what they are doing! Christine was the day of coordinator and could not have done a better job. They helped make our day even more special.

Profile Picture Brittney, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Absolutely the best caterer on the North Fork. No detail was overlooked. The entire team is professional, responsive and friendly. The service was amazing at the affair. They are willing to work with you and customize your event fully. As for the food-amazing. We are North Fork based, spend a lot of time in NYC dining out and the majority of our guests were sincere "foodies"-people were raving the entire event about what was served. Selections to be chosen were endless and the quantity was generous-from cocktail hour through the desserts. The North Fork Table was tremendous-duck breast, lobster rolls an other local seafood delicacies. French style service was excellent-every guest was encouraged to try all three entrees (we chose filet mignon, swordfish and rosemary chicken-all done perfectly) and the servers returned several times. The service was efficient, friendly and plentiful. The caterer set up all the table settings as requested as well offering to set out all of the decorations (pictures, flowers etc) we brought. They were in touch with us nonstop the three days before the wedding and kept assuring us they could switch cocktails, ceremony to or out of the tent we had as backup at the last minute based on the threatening weather. They were calm and cheerful throughout the entire event. I wouldn't contemplate any other caterer on Eastern LI. They are the real deal and will provide a superb North Fork experience.

Profile Picture Karen, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Matt and his staff did an amazing job catering my daughter's trendy backyard wedding. He was creative and flexible and his staff was very professional. My guests raved about the food! He was very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Elaine, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We spent several weekends on Long Islands North Fork searching for our wedding venue. We sampled menus and scouted locations for pictures.
We chose the Jamesport Manor because we found the menu the best for our affair. Chef Christopher Michaels offered an eclectic farm to table menu.
His pairings for hord'oeuvres had all our guests clambering for more. They were exquisite! We were able to secure the top floor of the restaurant for our affair. The Panoramic vistas offered our guests breat taking photo opportunities of the neighboring horse farm and setting sun. The Jamesport Manors experienced staff was well accustomed to the menu and the venue. Their expertise proved invaluable as they actually anticipated all of our needs. They made our reception flow flawlessly allowing us to enjoy our wedding bliss. Our guests faces told us that we made the right call.
We would highly recommend Jamesport Manor to anyone looking for a unique wedding experience.

Profile Picture Diane, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Clean Up, Set Up, American

The food was amazing at our wedding! Everyone raved about the table side french-style service. We were also particularly impressed that the owner, Matt Karr was on site cooking at our wedding.

Profile Picture Bobbi Ann, 7/23/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Matt did a fantastic job and the food was spot on. Our guests complained that they ran out of food, but we didn't expect them to go up for second and thirds! The catering company really worked with what we wanted and allowed us to customize our lunch/dinner to incorporate local vegetables and fish. Excellent choice! And their wine was pretty good too!

Profile Picture Margaret, 8/14/10, 5 Reviews