Christine Janda Design & Events Reviews

22 Reviews for Christine Janda Design & Events

• I

Imad · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Excellent team!

We worked with Christine and Colleen for design and day of coordination and they were both fantastic. The design was complemented the venue perfectly and was gorgeous and the coordination was fantastic, with everything going seamlessly, we were actually able to totally enjoy our wedding night ! Highly recommend

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Heather

Heather N. · Getting married on 10/07/2021

The most amazing team

My fiance and I absolutely love working with Christine and the rest of the team. We knew right off the bat they were a perfect fit for us. They have been so easy and organized and every idea they have comes from the heart. We haven't had to change a single thing and trust them with every little detail.

Recently, my fiance and I had to make the decision to postpone our wedding due to covid-19. I fully expected the change to be very stressful, but they have made it stress-free and very relaxed. Kendall has gotten in contact with all of our vendors quickly and easy and we have been able to lock in everything again within a few days of switching our date. Bless her. I couldn't have asked for an easier process.

I love them so much and will continue to use them for every little event I need from here on out. Not only are they great planners, but great friends too.

Sent on 05/18/2020
  • Liz

Liz W. · Married on 06/12/2020

I would work them again and again!

Initially when we began to plan our wedding I was trying to be superwoman and plan it all myself...even with my husband's help I quickly realized I was in over my head. I met with several wedding planning companies in Chicago, but after we chatted with Christine and Colleen I knew we had met out planner. Though we first consulted with Christine, it was Colleen (and Kendall too) that became out point planners. We'd had a good bit of our wedding pieces in place when we met with e CJD but what I was most anxious about was logistics, timing and all the what-ifs you never plan for. Colleen was my rockstar. I was stressed and anxious and every step of the way she reassured me that they "had me!" AND THEY DID!! Our day was smooth sailing and effortless for me. If something went wrong I didn't know about it and that's exactly what I wanted. She stuck by me throughout the day as well as having an additional planner with the grooms party. I couldn't be more grateful that we decided to work with Colleen and the CJD team. It was, by far, the best money we spent on our wedding. They say you can't buy peace of mine, but you can if you hire this amazing team! THE BEST

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Leah

Leah C. · Married on 03/09/2020

When can I hold my next event with CDJE???

I'm not sure I can truly put into words how amazing the team at Christine Janda Design and Events truly is. To provide a little background, I met Christine Janda a little over 4 years ago when she created most beautiful bouquets and boutonnieres for my wedding day. Since then, I have followed her religiously on Instagram and I have loved the details posted from each of her events. In planning my twin sister's bachelorette party, I knew exactly who to contact. Quickly after shooting her an email, Christine gave me a call to discuss my vision for the event as we also reminisced on my wedding flowers. From this conversation, I knew Christine's team was going to work their hardest to make the weekend special for my sister and her friends. Over the next few months, I worked primarily with Colleen and Christine, an amazing duo, who provided me with options and ideas for the weekend, making everything so so so very easy on my end. They contacted restaurants, photographers, and bars so that I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Ultimately, I just had to make choices with the information they provided me. In the end, we settled on holding a bach brunch at Eden in Chicago, where Christine and Colleen created floral crowns for each of the gals. They also connected me to Brittany Bekas, a local Chicago photographer, to capture the fun. We ended up staying at a local Sonder and Christine, Colleen, and Kendall (Another amazing CJDE employee) helped me to make the spot truly cozy and perfect. They decked the place out with a bohemian vibe, so many eucalyptus leaves, and the BEST floral arrangements. They also created beautiful gift baskets for each of the guests. I honestly could not be happier with how everything turned out in the end and it was such a pleasure working with the CJDE team in the months leading up to the big weekend. If you need a planner, this team is perfect. I would never hesitate to contact them in the future for events! Love each and every one of them.

Sent on 01/04/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/26/2019

Great experience!

We worked with CJDE for floral, design and day of planning for our October wedding - one of the best decisions we made! Christine, Colleen and the entire team were so great to work with and helped pull together our dream wedding! The florals were so beautiful. From our bouquets to the tables centerpieces, they captured our vision perfectly. I dont know what I would have done without CJDE for day of help - they answered my many questions, pulled together a flawless timeline that made our day (and leading up to it) stress free, and helped navigate an unexpected rain storm day of!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Grace

Grace L. · Married on 10/04/2019

Fantastic floral designer

We hired CJDE to handle the floral design portion for our wedding at Chicago Illuminating Co. Christine was the only floral designer to present and execute the exact color palette and look we wanted for our wedding. It was very important to me that the actual designer, Christine, be on-site to make sure every element was executed perfectly. However, due to uncontrollable and unforeseen circumstances, Christine was unable to be present on the day of our wedding. But I was completely unaware of her absence because the florals were executed perfectly.

I share this because it's very rare to find a business and business owner, that truly has a passion for what they do, but can also execute your vision. But it's even rarer to find a business and business owner, to execute through his/her team, even if the designer is unable to be there.

I was sent an email from Christine, informing me of what happened. She wrote that even though she had to leave town, she made sure to help prep and complete my wedding bouquet the day before my actual wedding, despite her grave circumstances.

I hope this review sheds light on Christine's commitment and passion for her work and your event. You won't regret hiring her firm for your wedding day. My husband and I are truly grateful.

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren C. · Married on 09/06/2019

The best!!

Choosing Christine and Colleen was the best decision we made on our wedding day! We used them for both floral and day of coordination and everything was executed flawlessly. Our floral was so beautiful that I actually cried when I saw it. Colleen did an amazing job coordinating our day and setting up our timeline. Everything ran smoothly and effortlessly. I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Blaire · Married on 08/03/2018

I booked Christine and her team through an Elope to Chicago package for our early August 2018 wedding. We had a small wedding, so we used their services for 2 corsages, 5 boutonnieres, and 1 bridal bouquet. Each arrangement was just beautiful and they were even delivered to our hotel before the promised time! We worked specifically with Colleen, who was helpful in suggesting arrangements that would work with our color scheme. She was even patient when I totally changed my mind a couple different times. I also feel that pricing is very competitive with other florists in Chicago, especially considering the excellent level of service!! - Blaire & Matt

Sent on 08/10/2018

Janet · Married on 08/12/2017

Christine and Colleen were by far the best decision we made while planning our wedding! Where do I begin? Well, from the beginning...
    From my very first conversation with Christine, she made me feel understood, at ease, excited and like we 110% absolutely needed her to be a part of our big day.
    Being the Type A person that I am, my mom and I had planned out almost all of the details and the timeline. But even then, I knew there were things we weren't thinking about and things that would come up that day that we were not prepared for. I wanted to make sure that my husband, my mom and I could all enjoy as much of the day as possible.
    Christine introduced Colleen to us, and we hit the ground running about a month before the big day. Colleen jumped right in and sent a list of questions, documents she needed, etc.--all so organized and prompt, which I loved! They were so responsive and attentive, which made me think how do they do this with all of their brides? Such patience :)
    Christine and Colleen perfectly planned out our entire day, and took extra precaution so that I didn't see my husband before the ceremony. (Not doing a first-look has to be one of the most frustrating things to wedding planners, if I had to guess.) Christine and Colleen were in all the right places at all the right times. We also had some tough family sensitivities coming into the wedding, and they handled absolutely everything. I will never forget the returning sense of calmness Christine gave to me with a wink and a smile right before my walk down the aisle.
    Christine and Colleen truly made it so that we had not a single care or worry in the world besides enjoying every moment of our wedding day. I wish we started working with them from the very beginning! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Christine, Colleen and their team. I absolutely love all of CJDE's floral designs as well, making CJDE the perfect partner for any Bride to be! :)

Sent on 01/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

We booked CJDE for our day-of wedding coordination and floral design for our July wedding. We had the pleasure of working directly with Christine along with Colleen, one of her event directors.

All of our floral was very well done, of the highest quality, and absolutely gorgeous. Christine took extra time to meet and talk with us about our vision and make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted, right down to the smallest details. She gives direction to refine the ideas you bring to her, as well as makes her own suggestions on things you haven't yet thought of in order to create the most beautiful design. She was understanding of our budget and did a wonderful job of making changes as needed to keep us at our target price point.

With regard to their the day of coordination, you get so much more than that! CJDE will meet and communicate via text and email 3 months leading up to the big day. I had booked nearly all of our vendors and completed many things by time CJDE took over, and they picked up where I left off in the process absolutely seamlessly. Colleen was unbelievably organized, fast, and easy to reach. Colleen was with me during every step of the morning of the wedding and having her there was invaluable! She and Christine took care of EVERYTHING. On the day of, I wasn't feeling a small piece of my bridal bouquet, so Colleen didn't hesitate to give it a "bang trim", as she called it, and it was perfect! The CJDE staff set up our reception decor flawlessly, combining items from their studio with personal items we wanted to include. They will also deliver gifts and cards back to your hotel room while you continue to enjoy your evening. All we had to do was have fun and enjoy the day, knowing that everything would be taken care of.

I don't have enough kind words to say about CJDE. We would (and have) recommended them to anyone getting married, no matter what stage in planning you are!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Brittany · Married on 07/15/2017

Hiring Christine and her team was hands down the most important decision we made for our wedding! I will attempt to hopefully express the profound magic this visionary created for our most special wedding day.

Christine and her team really went above and beyond, well...above and beyond. Although full of emotion, budgets and opinions... The planning experience was the opposite of stressful. I felt not only relaxed, but also excited the entire time. Whether it was initial big picture venue selection down to the micro details towards the end, I felt genuinely energized and excited. She might call her self a planner but she is way more . She’s really an advocate- with all the intricacies- most of which she doesn’t even bother you with, I felt thoroughly accommodated. And at the heart of all of it- was her drive to nail OUR style. To truly listen to our vision and somehow put her magical touch on it to bring something we didn't even know we wanted to life in a way that was "so us". The originality and creativity of our wedding design was the most thoughtful collection of textures, colors and details- collected in a way that was parts what we wanted and nothing we could have imagined at the same time. Christine is a visionary.

Everyone was incredibly communicative from start to finish. Any question was answered promptly and enthusiastically- although she has numerous clients, I somehow felt like I was the only one. One of my favorite things was how relentlessly present we were able to be because Christine was at the helm.

If you are looking for the intersection of perfectly styled, meticulously executed and relaxed client experience while being able to enjoy it all- hiring Christine and her team is the for sure way to make it happen. The most top notch experience I could ever have dreamed of, we are all so grateful for the magic they created for us on our wedding day.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Rana · Married on 06/10/2017

I was referred to Christine by my wedding venue coordinator when I was truly struggling to find a decorator that could help me make my vision for my wedding come true. I emailed her and she responded quickly responded to my inquiry which put me at ease instantaneously. When I met Christine, she was a breath of fresh air! I felt like she really cared about my vision and what I wanted for my wedding. We discussed a few ideas that I had and her and her team put it together perfectly for my wedding. I never felt stressed with the decor and design for the wedding because Christine and her team were always on top of it! She knew what I wanted and what would blend with the venue and on my wedding day everyone just kept saying of beautiful everything was! There arent enough wonderful things to say about Christine and her team! They are amazing!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/20/2017

Colleen was an amazing addition to our wedding weekend and leading up! She made sure everything fell into place perfectly and the day was completely stress-free. Christine was a great resource for the design, overall feel of the event and planning advice throughout the year. We thank them both wholeheartedly!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Elena · Married on 05/28/2016

Christine Janda is the best. For our wedding and reception at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago, she did the flowers and designed the overall look, including menus and place cards. The room was breathtaking, filled with exquisite arrangements of gorgeous spring flowers. The menus, place cards, and even the party favors were thoughtfully designed to coordinate with the floral colors. All of our guests and even the Waldorf staff remarked on the beauty that Christine created. Furthermore, working with Christine is a pleasure. She truly listened to me and cared about what I wanted, far exceeding my expectations. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Kate · Married on 09/27/2015

Christine’s mission is to “bring her client’s [wedding] visions to life…with a unique holistic approach to planning and event design.” She and her team stand behind this statement and our experience with her backs it up.

We worked with Christine last summer (2015) for our wedding at the Bridgeport Art Center Sculpture Garden. She was our coordinator and event designer and referred to us from a caterer who had enjoyed working with her.

Wedding planning took up a lot of our time. It wasn’t all productive and became overwhelming. There are so many big and small decisions to make. After we met Christine, we knew we could put a lot of the decision-making in her hands and know that she would make the visions we had for our wedding into reality. If the vision you have isn’t yet clear, she has thought-out suggestions drawing from what you say you want or (more importantly) what you don’t want, her design background, and past events.

In the month leading up the wedding, Christine was the point-of-contact for all of our vendors (she had worked with many of them before), did a detailed walk-thru with us at the venue, finalized designs, met with us several times to review the detailed day-of timeline. We knew the when, where, who, what, and how down to the minute. She handled many last minute details that we never thought of and needed.

All the details remain on her mind. Christine created an amazing landscape of flowers and greenery for our venue. My bouquet was beautiful. We had goblets that were used in my husband’s parents’ and his grandparents’ weddings. We kept setting them down and walking away without them. Christine would put them back in our hands a minute later.

We highly recommend Christine and her team. They know this because they do this. She is organized, detail-oriented, and creative. She is super likeable and has a great smile. She listened to us, made us feel important, and helped make our day extra special.

Sent on 02/08/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/15/2015

Christine is the best of the best. She was creative, inventive and incredibly professional - I can honestly say that she made my dream wedding a reality. Not only were the floral and decor absolutely perfect, but the coordinating services she provided were priceless - if there was a problem behind the scenes, we had no idea. She facilitated every single detail with perfection - from the flowers to the set up to the venue to the orchestra - it was flawless. Even our venue coordinator raved about working with her. Christine and her team can make any event spectacular.

Sent on 04/01/2016

Cheryl · Married on 06/13/2015

Goodness, I can not say enough about Christine Janda Design & Events!! Christine truly gave us the best day of our lives. She genuinely cares about her clients and ensures their wedding/event is a true reflection of THEM. Her knowledge of the Chicago wedding industry is invaluable and vendors clearly adore her, which helps make the process so much easier. Christine's uncanny organization put us at ease throughout the entire planning process and, I know this sounds cliche, but our wedding day was flawless. It could not have gone any smoother and she handled the entire day like a pro. In addition to planning, Christine and her team also did our florals. When I saw my bouquet - no joke - I teared up, and when my husband and I walked into our reception we were both speechless. It was exactly what we had envisioned but better, because Christine's taste is impeccable. I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/23/2014

My wedding was one of the first that Christine took on as part of her new company. To say she did an outstanding job would be an understatement. Not only did I feel like my vision came to life, but she also stayed completely within my budget, offering alternatives if some pricing was too high.

Teaming up with Lindsay Brown on stationary, both Christine and Lindsay were so hands-on and a pleasure to work with! They made the wedding 'work' stress-free and a lot of fun. Both have plenty of experience in the business and vendor relationships that allow for creativity with floral, design, location, etc. I cannot thank them enough for making my wedding day magical and gorgeous.

No doubt I will be utilizing their services for my first baby shower :) :)

Sent on 04/01/2016

Christine helped with the coordination of our wedding day. She was hands down the lynch-pin to keeping everything run smoothly. My husband and I did not worry about a thing knowing Christine was in charge, which helped us truly enjoy the whole day. I tend to be a bit of a control freak, but knowing Christine had everything under control, let me unwind and be present at my wedding which is priceless. Her professionalism and attitude keeps everyone on point with a stress-free, positive flow. She is patient, cheerful and genuinely cares about her clients and events. My other vendors worked seamlessly with her and loved her as much as I do! I would recommend Christine to anyone and everyone looking for help with their special event.

Sent on 04/03/2016

I am trying to figure out HOW I can possibly sum up the ‘amazingness’ of Christine and her team in one little review! I will try… I began working with Christine one month after my engagement and through the entire year to our wedding in May 2014, and to this day she is STILL helping me tie up loose ends from the wedding aftermath! She is wonderful, and made the whole planning process fun, easy and completely manageable.

I had no idea what theme, colors, venue etc. I wanted when we started. Christine helped me from day one with every detail, pulling from her many years of wedding planning knowledge to present options that I simply chose from – and this is how I preferred it! Wedding planning made easy  With my parents living out of state, she was a godsend all year, making the process stress-free for me and my family. All of my favorite vendors that we ended up using were from Christine’s recommendations, and she clearly has wonderful relationships with and is respected by them all! She was very helpful in identifying cost-saving ideas, and bargains where I would have never had a clue they existed!

She is so talented in organization and design as well. My wedding theme word of “whimsical” quickly became a reality and everything turned out absolutely beautiful. Our guests still talk about the beautiful décor and wonderful time they had that weekend. She and I would follow a calendar of to-do’s throughout the year, breaking down the tasks so they never become too overwhelming. The day of our wedding, everything went off without a hitch, and every time I saw Christine that day she seemed relaxed and genuinely happy to be there experiencing it all with me! Lastly, and as a great bonus, I feel like my husband and I made a new friend in the process – cheesy I know  but really, we just had a great time, and a FUN time planning the whole thing. Go with Christine you won’t be sorry!

Sent on 02/03/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/07/2018

Colleen was my main coordinator on my wedding day and she was great! Totally on top of all the small details and made sure everything was organized. The day ran very smoothly and I was able to relax and enjoy every part of my wedding. Definitely glad I had her there.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Aaron B. · Married on 07/13/2019

Great experience overall!

We used Christine Janda events four our day-of wedding planning based on a recommendation from a friend. We worked with Colleen and she was very helpful - meetings starting several months before were very well organized and thought through, and Colleen gracefully took a lot of the details and coordination off our hands so we could focus on what we really wanted/needed to. She was also very responsive throughout the whole process which we really appreciated. The wedding went off without any issues so we would certainly recommend Christine Janda events to others!

Sent on 08/24/2019