41 Reviews for Chicago Vintage Weddings

Non-Religious (2)
Budget Analysis (1)
Full Planning (1)
41 Chicago Vintage Weddings Reviews

I can't say enough great things about working with Chicago Vintage Weddings! Kate was so easy to work with and she is beyond organized! We chose to use her and her team for the month leading up to our wedding, and I am extremely happy that we did. Kate made sure that we were on track with things that needed to be done, ensured our vendors were paid at the appropriate time, and even sent out an itinerary to our vendors and family so everyone was on the same page. Not only were we planning our wedding, but also coordinating a move out of state the week after our wedding, and Kate took everything off our plate for the wedding so we didn't have to be overly stressed. The wedding turned out beautiful and things ran so smoothly. If you are on the fence about using a wedding coordinator- I will make your decision easy-USE CHICAGO VINTAGE WEDDINGS! Thank you Kate for making our big day perfect and for all of your help!

Profile Picture Loren, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kate was fantastic to work with on our recent wedding. We chose her “Brigitte / Day-of-Coordination” package due in part to our event planning experience as well as our budget. In hindsight, we wish we would have hired Kate for her full planning services as she was incredibly helpful and took away all of the stress we had been feeling for many months of planning on our own before she got involved. Her day-of coordinating actually begins about 5-6 weeks out from the wedding date at which point she met with us to go over all the details we had already planned. From that point on she took over all of the vendor communications which was great so we could focus on the real importance of the day - our love for each other.

We got many compliments from our vendors/officiant/family that Kate’s emails were the most detailed they had ever seen. She really does think of everything, including many things that hadn’t even crossed our mind. It’s helpful that she also has a rental side of her business which allowed us to pick up a few decor items that fit in perfectly with our aesthetic.

Kate and her assistant were on point throughout the day, ensuring everyone arrived on time and everything was setup according to our vision. Even when the night was winding down, we frequently saw Kate walking around, making sure everything was still running smoothly down to the last minute. We have no idea what we would have done without having Kate involved for our big day. Like I said, if we had to do it all over again (and thank goodness we don’t!), we would’ve hired Kate for her full planning services. Thank you Kate!

Profile Picture John, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I worked with CVW for our September wedding and had a wonderful experience. We rented a ton of pieces from Kate's awesome vintage furniture collection and hired Pixie as our month of coordinator. Our guests LOVED the furniture - it created the exact ambiance we were hoping for and made for a beautiful backdrop to celebrate our day. Pixie is seriously the sweetest human and so professional. Our wedding was a bit quirky - we threw it in a very non-traditional location that required some serious logistics planning and Pixie ensured everything went perfectly. There were so many little things in the weeks leading up to the wedding that we weren't thinking about or didn't have time for, and if it weren't for CVW, our wedding day experience would have been much different. This team has some great connections and can really pull strings to get things done last minute (if needed)! Our wedding party and family all had great things to say about Pixie and my husband and I are so thankful for all the hard work she put into making our day special. THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough good things about Kate and Chicago Vintage Weddings. Kate is dedicated, thoughtful, patient, resourceful, professional, and – most importantly for me – is someone who can be trusted to follow through with a keen eye for detail and a very high taste level. When my husband and I were referred to Kate by our venue, we were completely overwhelmed with wedding planning and our respective careers. We were having a relatively large wedding, at a complicated venue, felt strongly about including a lot of our own personal touches (i.e., friends and family did things like DJ and flowers). All of that, plus my husband and I both have demanding careers and strong opinions (e.g., we ended up using two different caterers – one for apps, one for salad, both for entrees). Kate somehow managed to juggle all of our preferences, our aesthetic tastes, family dynamics, and our budgetary concerns. Throughout the planning process, Kate got us square with a budget, connected us with fantastic vendors, accompanied us to multiple tastings, assisted with romantic vintage rentals, coordinated our wedding rehearsal, and was always chipper, upbeat, knowledgeable and professional. On the day of our wedding, CVW’s day-of planning was impeccable. All we had to do was relax and soak in the absolutely magical experience. Bottom line, our wedding would not have been what it was (may not have been at all) but for Kate’s tireless, experienced, and knowledgeable work. As a result, we had a wedding experience that exceeded our expectations, that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
We love Kate and CVW, and cannot recommend their services highly enough.

Profile Picture Mikiko, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Pixie was the coordinator for my Labor Day weekend wedding & she was absolutely fabulous to work with! I chose the month-of-coordination package as I had planned the bulk of my wedding prior to meeting with Kate & Pixie for a consultation. About 6 weeks out from my wedding date, Pixie hit the ground running making sure all my contracts were in order and helped me fill in anything I had not considered since I've never planned a wedding before! She successfully negotiated pricing discrepancies with a couple of my vendors - she even saved us almost $400 on catering (mistakes made by vendor that Pixie caught). My wedding destination was in Streator, IL (near Starved Rock), but Pixie & her assistant were on-site to coordinate the rehearsal and make sure final details were solidified the day before my wedding. My wedding day was absolutely seamless due to Pixie's expertise. She kept my bridal party & I on schedule the entire day - I did not have to think about what was happening next because she was always on top of it. I loved that she sent my bridal party & vendors a reminder email to NOT contact the bride on wedding day - I didn't realize how much this was appreciated until hindsight! There was literally no aspect Pixie had not considered & my wedding was absolutely perfect because of her. In addition, I was able to rent all kinds of odds & ends props for my Great Gatsby themed wedding. Although I did not rent any furniture, I know they have an extensive collection of vintage furniture. as well Chicago Vintage Weddings really is a one stop shop - you will NOT be disappointed! Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

The wedding itself was a perfectly choreographed dream sequence. There are no words to describe the sense of comfort we felt on the day of the wedding knowing Kate was directing the show. Perfection sounds cliche, but she was nothing short of everything you could ever ask for in a planner. Professional, organized, punctual, and precise. She was calming and commanding and brought a energy to the space that screamed "I GOT THIS."
I didn't realize that our honeymoon would be spent entirely re-living the day of the wedding over and over again. We rode that high and still have not come down. It's like there is "real life," and then there is the wedding week in a whole different category of reality. You just don't know how magical it will be until you experience it.
Kate- you brought the magic. You made it happen. You are a unicorn-riding princess goddess divine who sprinkles love-dust on all those you encounter. I AM SO GLAD WE FOUND YOU. You dream maker you! I can't wait to get to re-live the memories of our wedding- you so carefully crafted- over and over forever.
Now, I GET why people have big weddings. Because once you live it, you tell everyone you know how it was "the best day of your life." And it was.

Profile Picture Casey, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We absolutely LOVED our furniture rentals for our vineyard wedding this summer. The space was so much more personal with the rentals rather than what our venue was offering. We received a number of compliments. The owner, Kate, was extremely responsive to all our emails and I thought the furniture was well priced. My only complaint is that we had to make pay $100 to drop the furniture off on Sunday (aren't most events on a Saturday night?). We were leaving for our honeymoon on Monday and had no choice but to pay. Overall, we would still recommend Chicago Vintage Weddings looking for unique accent furniture!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Megan, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I enjoyed every second of my daughter's June wedding, and the main reason is that we hired Chicago Vintage Weddings for day-of coordination. This was a DIY wedding that my daughter and her fiance planned with me providing help with the details. We lived in three different states during the planning process and had several vendors, including a venue that does not specialize in weddings. Five weeks before the big day, Pixie Clausen of CVW started working with us as coordinator. She organized a walk-through at the venue with all the vendors, made sure everyone's questions were answered and everyone knew their responsibilities. She followed up with the vendors and my daughter, and addressed any problems as they arose, including finding a special beer at the last minute. She ran the rehearsal in a way that was comfortable and organized, so all the participants knew what to do and where to be. On the wedding day, Pixie and her assistant made our DIY decor look fabulous, and the accent furniture we rented from CVW created a relaxed seating area in the reception venue for guests to enjoy. During the ceremony and reception, Pixie took care of all the details, cheerfully and graciously, leaving me and the bride free to savor the wedding and reception. Pixie and Kate, who helped us with the rentals, were amazing. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Mary , 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The day after we got married, my (now) husband said, "It's difficult to quantify just how valuable Kate was." Now, he's a man of few words, so the fact that he chose those speaks to our wonderful experience working alongside her. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing planning our wedding. I'm also incredibly Type A, picky, and chronically indecisive--the worst combination. Despite that, we wanted to throw a really wonderful event that our families and friends would love as much as we did, and we wanted to honor a budget that kept things reasonable. We also work way too much, so to even have time for laundry felt unrealistic; that said, we were pretty sure planning a wedding would not go well. Then (bugle solo), Kate to the rescue! We couldn't be happier that we found Kate at Chicago Vintage Weddings. She is SO wonderfully organized, and it was such a calming influence to have her cross-checking our decision-making to ensure that we weren't...well...ruining everything. It was also SUCH a huge help having someone to bounce ideas off of or make decisions! Kate also has beautiful taste. I'm aesthetically very picky, and although I didn't want to break the bank, we wanted things to be lovely. With her rentals and aesthetic guidance, she was able to create such a beautiful wedding day. What we didn't expect was for Kate to help so much financially. You'd think that a wedding planner would increase the cost of a wedding, right? Although there is an up-front cost, she was able to help us prioritize, negotiate, and minimize in clever ways we'd never have thought of, and all without compromising how wonderful the wedding was. I think the best thing about Kate, however, is her unwavering kindness. Kate was always incredibly patient and responsive, even when things got stressful. We had such a wonderful wedding that truly was even more wonderful than we'd hoped, and Kate played such a huge part of that. We'd recommend her to anyone searching for a wonderful wedding planner.

Profile Picture Erin, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Oh, Kate, my nuptials hero. If you’re a lover of all details vintage, Chicago Vintage Weddings has the best selection and quality in the city. I had a specific vision that Kate and her staff brought to life beautifully. Our theme of mismatched table settings in an industrial loft space with earthy green table runners and reclaimed wood tables could not have been more picturesque.
Moreover, if you want to remove any semblance of stress or annoyance on your wedding day, you can’t go wrong with the team at Chicago Vintage Weddings. I had the utmost confidence in Kate and her assistants from the moment I met her over a year ago. With coveted spreadsheets in hand, I was positive I had covered the important details leading up to the wedding, and thus initially only used CVW for vintage rentals. I quickly, however, learned the value of hiring a seasoned professional for the actual day of coordination. My organizational skills paled in comparison to Kate; she provided recommendations beyond the scope of her responsibility. And in addition to exceptional planning, she performs her role with such enthusiasm and heartfelt consideration for every couple.

While hesitant to spend our precious budget on tasks we thought we could handle alone, Kate made JT and I feel completely at ease leading up to the week before. From last minute vendor communication & prep meetings to hauling cases of champagne and table accessories, she and her team deserve their contract dues and more. Kate is one of those individuals who can anticipate challenges but always has a cool, calm, pleasant demeanor. Although there are many coordination services in Chicago, our decision to use Kate and CVW was simple; she has impeccable taste, is kind and forthright, and will work tirelessly from sunrise to last call to ensure your wedding is one for the books.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

My husband and I had a specific vision for our wedding as we both like history/old things and we both love Chicago. I simply typed "vintage Chicago wedding" during a web search and CVW popped up, and I'm so glad it did! We had met with a few other vendors for decor/planning prior to CVW, which left us feeling a bit shortchanged. As soon as we met with Kate, however, all our worries went away. She immediately understood our style and knew the right amount of hand-holding we needed throughout the process. She patiently walked us through her services, answered all our questions, never pushed, and was clearly knowledgeable and passionate about the work. She helped us choose beautiful lounge area rental pieces that complemented our venue's aesthetic and our color palette perfectly, and best of all, she paired us with her team member Pixie to handle day-of coordination, who also delivered in every way as the calm presence we needed before the big day. Extremely organized and professional, Pixie alleviated all our stresses by ensuring every minute detail was in place and leading communication with us, vendors, wedding party, and family about 5-6 weeks out when everything starts to come to a head. We really didn't have to worry about a thing, and a lot of guests even commented on how relaxed we looked that day, which is all we hoped to be. Thanks CVW!

Profile Picture Ewa, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Eco-Friendly, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists

We hired Kate to rent our pretty candle holders and rent/design our sweets table. As a dessert freak, having an amazing sweets table was very important to me and I knew I needed to make it something special, something like I would have on my own table at home. Enter Kate -- she has such fun perspective and insight, I knew it would be just gorgeous and it was. When I originally went to go talk to her, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the look I was going for since so many vintage pieces are very "English Tea Party" and pastel colors. I had a winter wedding with lots of jewel tones and didn't know if I would find what I was looking for! But, Kate knew exactly what our winter wedding needed -- clear glass, mercury, wood, marble -- and it was absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Kate. You have a gift!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

We cannot say enough good things about Kate and her execution of our wedding. From start to finish, Kate did an outstanding job and we could not be more happy or grateful. We are just thrilled with her work and her attention to detail. I wish we could give her more than 5 stars!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 11/19/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Religious

Kate is the best! We rented her beautiful water glasses for our wedding and received many compliments on them. From our initial conversations to the drop off the rentals, Kate was friendly, efficient, and very professional. You're in good hands with Chicago Vintage Weddings!

Profile Picture Alissa, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kate was such a pleasure to work with. I rented vintage silver platters, teacups, saucers, vases and glass bottles for my centerpieces. She instinctively knew what I was looking for and made some amazing suggestions which I incorporated into my design. Kate is so passionate about her work, and it shows in how she runs her business and treats her customers. She is professional, friendly and genuinely cares about her clients.

Profile Picture Hilary, 10/29/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kate did a wonderful job transforming the venue into a beautiful space. Her floral designs, vessels, paper goods, and creative suggestions were perfect. The "day of services" made the day's events smooth and seamless since she coordinated everything with all of the different vendor's. The bride wasn't stressed over wedding details and I, as mother of the bride, could enjoy every minute. Kate did a great job all around!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I worked with Kate and CVW to plan our September 2016 wedding. Work keeps me busy and traveling several days per week, so I needed to turn to someone who could take the lead and help pull together a wedding event at a venue that required us to choose all of the vendors, plan every single decoration, etc. After coming across some beautiful posts on Facebook of weddings done by Chicago Vintage Weddings, I landed on the CVW website and immediately fell in love. After speaking with Kate (owner) I knew I had found the right person - Kate brings the best combination of organization, creativity, professionalism, and "good planning vibes" to the table. I ended up contracting with CVW to do creative services on day-of paper goods, floral, and some venue decorations, as well as day-of coordination - and could not be happier. As a bride who (hopefully!) gets married once, it's hard to know how things will turn out on your big day, or what the "best" choice is given the sea of options out there and the myriad of vendors - but Kate helped us navigate it all. I am not a typical bride who gets excited with wedding stuff...but I have to say with sincere gratitude and excitement that thanks to Kate, our wedding outcome was beyond expectation - we never could have created something as awesome and truly "us" as she did.

Profile Picture Katy, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We have had such a great experience working with Kate. She has been really receptive to our goals and needs v. wants. She was willing to work with us to achieve great options within our budget. We're really grateful for all of her help.

Profile Picture User5514674, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Referrals, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious

Kate and the CVW team made our wedding day magically beautiful and low stress for us. We utilized the design, day-coordinating and vintage rentals services and the end-to-end involvement really helped everything to flow together seamlessly from start to finish. Kate’s attention to every detail (including many things I wouldn’t have thought about!) and relentless organization and communication leading up to the wedding made everything run very smoothly. We received many compliments on the well-orchestrated flow of our day and the absolutely gorgeous vintage rentals – highly recommend!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Chicago Vintage Weddings's day-of services made our wedding day so much easier. So we decided to introduce the challenge of planning a wedding by ourselves from 400 miles away in Michigan, but it was a relief having Kate as our day-of coordinator. She also helped us consolidate rentals through Chicago Vintage Weddings, and she worked with us to figured out the look we wanted without busting our budget. Leading up to the wedding (within a few weeks), we were grateful to have someone take on the load of coordinating with the vendors. On the day-of, we didn't have to worry about a thing, and everything went extremely smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! If you want to just enjoy your wedding day without worrying about logistics or coordinating people, we absolutely recommend working with Kate. - Katie & Steve

Profile Picture Steve, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you're in Chicago and dream of a perfectly executed, visionary wedding, I heartily suggest you contact Kate and Chicago Vintage Weddings. Through our long engagement and wedding planning experience, Kate has been an absolute pleasure to work with and an omnipresent (if oft-needed) voice of reason and reassurance. For an outsider, wedding planning and communication with vendors in particular, is a dense thicket of confusion and decorum. Kate led me and my wife through this wilderness with a honed machete of professionalism and poise, and I simply cannot imagine going through it all with anyone else leading the excursion. Cheers Kate and the whole CVW team for making our wedding the best one that has yet to occur, ever.

Profile Picture Daniel, 3/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Non-Religious, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

We used CVW for rentals and coordination. Kate and team was absolutely wonderful to work with. They really made our event amazing - so much so, that days after the wedding, family and friends texted and called to tell us how fun and amazing our wedding was. CVW made sure everything ran smoothly and really made our wedding plan come to life. They made it so we could enjoy our wedding rather than stress about the details of making it all come together. Hiring Kate and team was easily the best money we spent for our wedding.

Profile Picture User6469871, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

My husband and I recently worked with Chicago Vintage Weddings for our wedding about a month ago. Kate was our Day of Wedding Coordinator and did a fantastic job. She was ON TOP OF EVERYTHING. I felt like I didn't have to worry about a thing - ESPECIALLY the actual day of the wedding (it went off without a hitch)! We also rented out plates, wine glasses and cafe lights from Chicago Vintage Weddings and were thrilled with the way they turned out. Our guests loved the added charm that they provided to our special day. I highly recommend Chicago Vintage Weddings and Kate if you want to have a stress free special day.

Profile Picture Olivia, 2/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
3.6

Kate provided month-of coordination services, and we also contracted her for some additional etiquette recommendations during the planning process. Kate skillfully handled my in-laws and during the rehearsal she corralled our large wedding party to take us through the activities. I am a particularly detail oriented person and at times felt I was more organized than Kate, and noticed that Kate had asked me questions on things I had already sent her/discussed. At other times I had anxiety when contemplating talking with Kate about the wedding plans, which should not be the case. Kate also acted brusquely with my other vendors. I think much of this can be chalked up to the business being new. One major benefit was that Kate and her assistant Elizabeth cleaned up the bridal suite and packed everything up for us to take away, and Kate also provided a bridal emergency kit. Kate also provided recommendations for the rehearsal dinner venue, and the one we selected was absolutely perfect.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Melissa, 12/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

I loved working with Kate and her team at Chicago Vintage Weddings! We were looking for just a few extra touches to add to our wedding day, and we were so excited when we found Chicago Vintage Weddings. We rented their beautiful iron room divider for our ceremony, along with three beautiful wooden boxes. A few days before our wedding, one of the boxes we'd planned to rent was damaged, but they were able to offer a different box for us to use - I appreciated being notified about the change, and was happy they were able to offer an alternative right away. Even though it was only those four things we rented, they added so much to the space and the feel of our wedding day. Kate was even able to give suggestions for where to look for a specific item that we wanted to rent, but they didn't have in their inventory. Picking up and dropping off items was a breeze, and the team helped move the items to/from our vehicle at pick up and drop off. I absolutely recommend them for decor rentals - their inventory is full of BEAUTIFUL pieces!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/11/15, 11 Reviews