Chicago Vintage Weddings Reviews

Chicago Vintage Weddings 5
Chicago Vintage Weddings 6
Chicago Vintage Weddings 7

Jess · Married on 09/29/2018

Kate is a dream. My (now) husband and I hired Kate a few months into our planning process when my mother became ill and wasn't able to help plan as much as we originally thought. We brought Kate on as a partial planner and day of coordinator, and I can't imagine our day without her. Throughout the planning process she gave us tools to stay on budget, track our guest RSVPs, and make sure we were on schedule for each stage of the process. She asked questions we never thought to ask. She got to know us, our style, and the things that were important to us. She stepped in 6 weeks before the wedding day itself and took over connecting with all of the vendors. She sent out itineraries to us, our wedding party, our family VIPs, and to our vendors to make sure everything.would run smoothly. I'm not sure if there was any drama throughout the day, because Kate handled it. She even pulled me aside before my dance with my father to add a bobby pin to my hair. Detail, large and small. That's Kate. If you're on the fence about whether or not you need a planner or a day of coordinator, just meet with Kate. Planning is stressful, and knowing you have someone there, whose done this before, who has relationships with your vendors, and who knows what's important to you, is invaluable. The last thing I'll say is this, when we started looking for help planning and day of coordination, we asked the vendors we had already hired who'd they'd recommend, and they all said Kate. They all said her first. She has a reputation not only with her brides, but also with everyone else in town as the best. Trust her.

Ben · Married on 09/02/2018

Kate and Chantel are really great. They helped us out when we had to change venues a couple weeks before our wedding, and really went above and beyond what they needed to. Can't thank them enough, highly recommend them!

Robert · Married on 09/02/2018

I can't speak highly enough as to Kate and CVW for their help on our wedding day and the weeks leading up to it. She coordinated with all of our vendors and the venue to make sure everything would run smoothly. She’s extremely professional, has amazing attention to detail and is the perfect addition to what can already be a hectic day. We had several unexpected issues on the day of our wedding and Kate was on top of EVERYTHING. I couldn’t think of anyone else I’d trust to coordinate my wedding. You will not be disappointed in CVW!

Chicago Vintage Weddings 8
    Chicago Vintage Weddings 9
    Chicago Vintage Weddings 10

Kristan · Married on 09/02/2018

Kate was amazing. When our wedding venue bailed on us 1.5 months out, she helped us find the new one! She was so flexible and patient with us during a really shitty situation. And the tables and chairs were beautiful!

Scott · Married on 08/18/2018

Everything about our experience with Kate and Chicago Vintage was amazing. As our day-of planner, Kate stepped in about a month before our wedding and was an absolute life saver. From day one, she made us feel so much more at-ease about our wedding and helped reduce the stress of planning right when we needed it the most. Kate does an excellent job and communicating with vendors and keeping the wedding party and family in the loop about all the important details. The schedule she sent out to the people involved in our wedding was so detailed and helpful and made it super easy for everyone to know where they needed to be when. Working with Chicago Vintage was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning, and I would recommend them to anyone.

G · Married on 07/07/2018

We worked with Andria for our wedding at the Columbus Park Refectory. She is the BEST -- so warm, professional, thought of everything, and so very chill. My gown's bustle got torn and she was right there with a quick fix. She wrangled our big family for the processional and photos with ease. And her smile lights up a room. My family couldn't stop singing her praises. We also did rentals through CVW and they were beyond gorgeous. They gave us a sweet gift day of, too, which was such a thoughtful and unexpected touch. Couldn't recommend them enough.

Georgiann · Married on 07/07/2018

Kate and her team are fantastic! From dealing with a difficult venue contact, the fantastic vintage furniture, to taking care of every little detail for the wedding and reception. I/we couldn't have done it without her!!! Fabulous communication and the uncanny ability to keep calm in a crisis - I highly HIGHLY recommend Chicago Vintage Weddings.

Chicago Vintage Weddings 11

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

Had a wonderful experience renting vintage furniture from Kate for our wedding! She sent pictures, made great suggestions, was very responsive and organized. Also the furniture was absolutely gorgeous!! Awesome pieces. Our guests raved about it and used it all night. Great delivery and pick-up service as well. I highly recommend them! Thank you!!!

Chicago Vintage Weddings 12

Loren · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough great things about working with Chicago Vintage Weddings! Kate was so easy to work with and she is beyond organized! We chose to use her and her team for the month leading up to our wedding, and I am extremely happy that we did. Kate made sure that we were on track with things that needed to be done, ensured our vendors were paid at the appropriate time, and even sent out an itinerary to our vendors and family so everyone was on the same page. Not only were we planning our wedding, but also coordinating a move out of state the week after our wedding, and Kate took everything off our plate for the wedding so we didn't have to be overly stressed. The wedding turned out beautiful and things ran so smoothly. If you are on the fence about using a wedding coordinator- I will make your decision easy-USE CHICAGO VINTAGE WEDDINGS! Thank you Kate for making our big day perfect and for all of your help!

Chicago Vintage Weddings 13

Jacquie · Married on 05/25/2018

If you are considering day-of-coordination and wondering if it is worth the investment - IT 110% IS!!! To be able to actually be in the moment and enjoy the day without worry was worth it enough. And with someone as amazing as Kate, her service fee is a steal for the value you get!

The decision to use Kate for our day-of-coordination was one of the best decisions we could have made. My husband and I both said several times the wedding day and after, we really don't know how we would have pulled off our wedding without her. Kate is professional, organized, dependable, and was able to keep our wedding party/family in check with a smile on her face whereas I would have been having a meltdown and likely yelling at family members!! She was so buttoned up throughout the whole process and we are forever in debt to her for making our wedding day go off without a hitch. Kate & team - thank you for being so amazing!!!

Chicago Vintage Weddings 14

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I worked with CVW for our September wedding and had a wonderful experience. We rented a ton of pieces from Kate's awesome vintage furniture collection and hired Pixie as our month of coordinator. Our guests LOVED the furniture - it created the exact ambiance we were hoping for and made for a beautiful backdrop to celebrate our day. Pixie is seriously the sweetest human and so professional. Our wedding was a bit quirky - we threw it in a very non-traditional location that required some serious logistics planning and Pixie ensured everything went perfectly. There were so many little things in the weeks leading up to the wedding that we weren't thinking about or didn't have time for, and if it weren't for CVW, our wedding day experience would have been much different. This team has some great connections and can really pull strings to get things done last minute (if needed)! Our wedding party and family all had great things to say about Pixie and my husband and I are so thankful for all the hard work she put into making our day special. THANK YOU!!!!

Mikiko · Married on 09/09/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Kate and Chicago Vintage Weddings. Kate is dedicated, thoughtful, patient, resourceful, professional, and – most importantly for me – is someone who can be trusted to follow through with a keen eye for detail and a very high taste level. When my husband and I were referred to Kate by our venue, we were completely overwhelmed with wedding planning and our respective careers. We were having a relatively large wedding, at a complicated venue, felt strongly about including a lot of our own personal touches (i.e., friends and family did things like DJ and flowers). All of that, plus my husband and I both have demanding careers and strong opinions (e.g., we ended up using two different caterers – one for apps, one for salad, both for entrees). Kate somehow managed to juggle all of our preferences, our aesthetic tastes, family dynamics, and our budgetary concerns. Throughout the planning process, Kate got us square with a budget, connected us with fantastic vendors, accompanied us to multiple tastings, assisted with romantic vintage rentals, coordinated our wedding rehearsal, and was always chipper, upbeat, knowledgeable and professional. On the day of our wedding, CVW’s day-of planning was impeccable. All we had to do was relax and soak in the absolutely magical experience. Bottom line, our wedding would not have been what it was (may not have been at all) but for Kate’s tireless, experienced, and knowledgeable work. As a result, we had a wedding experience that exceeded our expectations, that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
    We love Kate and CVW, and cannot recommend their services highly enough.

Tiffany · Married on 09/01/2017

Pixie was the coordinator for my Labor Day weekend wedding & she was absolutely fabulous to work with! I chose the month-of-coordination package as I had planned the bulk of my wedding prior to meeting with Kate & Pixie for a consultation. About 6 weeks out from my wedding date, Pixie hit the ground running making sure all my contracts were in order and helped me fill in anything I had not considered since I've never planned a wedding before! She successfully negotiated pricing discrepancies with a couple of my vendors - she even saved us almost $400 on catering (mistakes made by vendor that Pixie caught). My wedding destination was in Streator, IL (near Starved Rock), but Pixie & her assistant were on-site to coordinate the rehearsal and make sure final details were solidified the day before my wedding. My wedding day was absolutely seamless due to Pixie's expertise. She kept my bridal party & I on schedule the entire day - I did not have to think about what was happening next because she was always on top of it. I loved that she sent my bridal party & vendors a reminder email to NOT contact the bride on wedding day - I didn't realize how much this was appreciated until hindsight! There was literally no aspect Pixie had not considered & my wedding was absolutely perfect because of her. In addition, I was able to rent all kinds of odds & ends props for my Great Gatsby themed wedding. Although I did not rent any furniture, I know they have an extensive collection of vintage furniture. as well Chicago Vintage Weddings really is a one stop shop - you will NOT be disappointed! Worth every penny.

Casey · Married on 07/29/2017

The wedding itself was a perfectly choreographed dream sequence. There are no words to describe the sense of comfort we felt on the day of the wedding knowing Kate was directing the show. Perfection sounds cliche, but she was nothing short of everything you could ever ask for in a planner. Professional, organized, punctual, and precise. She was calming and commanding and brought a energy to the space that screamed "I GOT THIS."
    I didn't realize that our honeymoon would be spent entirely re-living the day of the wedding over and over again. We rode that high and still have not come down. It's like there is "real life," and then there is the wedding week in a whole different category of reality. You just don't know how magical it will be until you experience it.
    Kate- you brought the magic. You made it happen. You are a unicorn-riding princess goddess divine who sprinkles love-dust on all those you encounter. I AM SO GLAD WE FOUND YOU. You dream maker you! I can't wait to get to re-live the memories of our wedding- you so carefully crafted- over and over forever.
    Now, I GET why people have big weddings. Because once you live it, you tell everyone you know how it was "the best day of your life." And it was.

Mary · Married on 06/24/2017

I enjoyed every second of my daughter's June wedding, and the main reason is that we hired Chicago Vintage Weddings for day-of coordination. This was a DIY wedding that my daughter and her fiance planned with me providing help with the details. We lived in three different states during the planning process and had several vendors, including a venue that does not specialize in weddings. Five weeks before the big day, Pixie Clausen of CVW started working with us as coordinator. She organized a walk-through at the venue with all the vendors, made sure everyone's questions were answered and everyone knew their responsibilities. She followed up with the vendors and my daughter, and addressed any problems as they arose, including finding a special beer at the last minute. She ran the rehearsal in a way that was comfortable and organized, so all the participants knew what to do and where to be. On the wedding day, Pixie and her assistant made our DIY decor look fabulous, and the accent furniture we rented from CVW created a relaxed seating area in the reception venue for guests to enjoy. During the ceremony and reception, Pixie took care of all the details, cheerfully and graciously, leaving me and the bride free to savor the wedding and reception. Pixie and Kate, who helped us with the rentals, were amazing. Highly recommended.

Erin · Married on 06/24/2017

The day after we got married, my (now) husband said, "It's difficult to quantify just how valuable Kate was." Now, he's a man of few words, so the fact that he chose those speaks to our wonderful experience working alongside her. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing planning our wedding. I'm also incredibly Type A, picky, and chronically indecisive--the worst combination. Despite that, we wanted to throw a really wonderful event that our families and friends would love as much as we did, and we wanted to honor a budget that kept things reasonable. We also work way too much, so to even have time for laundry felt unrealistic; that said, we were pretty sure planning a wedding would not go well. Then (bugle solo), Kate to the rescue! We couldn't be happier that we found Kate at Chicago Vintage Weddings. She is SO wonderfully organized, and it was such a calming influence to have her cross-checking our decision-making to ensure that we weren't...well...ruining everything. It was also SUCH a huge help having someone to bounce ideas off of or make decisions! Kate also has beautiful taste. I'm aesthetically very picky, and although I didn't want to break the bank, we wanted things to be lovely. With her rentals and aesthetic guidance, she was able to create such a beautiful wedding day. What we didn't expect was for Kate to help so much financially. You'd think that a wedding planner would increase the cost of a wedding, right? Although there is an up-front cost, she was able to help us prioritize, negotiate, and minimize in clever ways we'd never have thought of, and all without compromising how wonderful the wedding was. I think the best thing about Kate, however, is her unwavering kindness. Kate was always incredibly patient and responsive, even when things got stressful. We had such a wonderful wedding that truly was even more wonderful than we'd hoped, and Kate played such a huge part of that. We'd recommend her to anyone searching for a wonderful wedding planner.

Ewa · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I had a specific vision for our wedding as we both like history/old things and we both love Chicago. I simply typed "vintage Chicago wedding" during a web search and CVW popped up, and I'm so glad it did! We had met with a few other vendors for decor/planning prior to CVW, which left us feeling a bit shortchanged. As soon as we met with Kate, however, all our worries went away. She immediately understood our style and knew the right amount of hand-holding we needed throughout the process. She patiently walked us through her services, answered all our questions, never pushed, and was clearly knowledgeable and passionate about the work. She helped us choose beautiful lounge area rental pieces that complemented our venue's aesthetic and our color palette perfectly, and best of all, she paired us with her team member Pixie to handle day-of coordination, who also delivered in every way as the calm presence we needed before the big day. Extremely organized and professional, Pixie alleviated all our stresses by ensuring every minute detail was in place and leading communication with us, vendors, wedding party, and family about 5-6 weeks out when everything starts to come to a head. We really didn't have to worry about a thing, and a lot of guests even commented on how relaxed we looked that day, which is all we hoped to be. Thanks CVW!

Sarah · Married on 01/28/2017

We hired Kate to rent our pretty candle holders and rent/design our sweets table. As a dessert freak, having an amazing sweets table was very important to me and I knew I needed to make it something special, something like I would have on my own table at home. Enter Kate -- she has such fun perspective and insight, I knew it would be just gorgeous and it was. When I originally went to go talk to her, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the look I was going for since so many vintage pieces are very "English Tea Party" and pastel colors. I had a winter wedding with lots of jewel tones and didn't know if I would find what I was looking for! But, Kate knew exactly what our winter wedding needed -- clear glass, mercury, wood, marble -- and it was absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Kate. You have a gift!

Suzanne · Married on 11/19/2016

We cannot say enough good things about Kate and her execution of our wedding. From start to finish, Kate did an outstanding job and we could not be more happy or grateful. We are just thrilled with her work and her attention to detail. I wish we could give her more than 5 stars!

Alissa · Married on 11/05/2016

Kate is the best! We rented her beautiful water glasses for our wedding and received many compliments on them. From our initial conversations to the drop off the rentals, Kate was friendly, efficient, and very professional. You're in good hands with Chicago Vintage Weddings!

• Hilary F

Hilary · Married on 10/29/2016

Kate was such a pleasure to work with. I rented vintage silver platters, teacups, saucers, vases and glass bottles for my centerpieces. She instinctively knew what I was looking for and made some amazing suggestions which I incorporated into my design. Kate is so passionate about her work, and it shows in how she runs her business and treats her customers. She is professional, friendly and genuinely cares about her clients.

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2016

Kate did a wonderful job transforming the venue into a beautiful space. Her floral designs, vessels, paper goods, and creative suggestions were perfect. The "day of services" made the day's events smooth and seamless since she coordinated everything with all of the different vendor's. The bride wasn't stressed over wedding details and I, as mother of the bride, could enjoy every minute. Kate did a great job all around!

Katy · Married on 09/03/2016

I worked with Kate and CVW to plan our September 2016 wedding. Work keeps me busy and traveling several days per week, so I needed to turn to someone who could take the lead and help pull together a wedding event at a venue that required us to choose all of the vendors, plan every single decoration, etc. After coming across some beautiful posts on Facebook of weddings done by Chicago Vintage Weddings, I landed on the CVW website and immediately fell in love. After speaking with Kate (owner) I knew I had found the right person - Kate brings the best combination of organization, creativity, professionalism, and "good planning vibes" to the table. I ended up contracting with CVW to do creative services on day-of paper goods, floral, and some venue decorations, as well as day-of coordination - and could not be happier. As a bride who (hopefully!) gets married once, it's hard to know how things will turn out on your big day, or what the "best" choice is given the sea of options out there and the myriad of vendors - but Kate helped us navigate it all. I am not a typical bride who gets excited with wedding stuff...but I have to say with sincere gratitude and excitement that thanks to Kate, our wedding outcome was beyond expectation - we never could have created something as awesome and truly "us" as she did.

Erin · Married on 06/18/2016

Kate and the CVW team made our wedding day magically beautiful and low stress for us. We utilized the design, day-coordinating and vintage rentals services and the end-to-end involvement really helped everything to flow together seamlessly from start to finish. Kate’s attention to every detail (including many things I wouldn’t have thought about!) and relentless organization and communication leading up to the wedding made everything run very smoothly. We received many compliments on the well-orchestrated flow of our day and the absolutely gorgeous vintage rentals – highly recommend!

Steve · Married on 05/21/2016

Chicago Vintage Weddings's day-of services made our wedding day so much easier. So we decided to introduce the challenge of planning a wedding by ourselves from 400 miles away in Michigan, but it was a relief having Kate as our day-of coordinator. She also helped us consolidate rentals through Chicago Vintage Weddings, and she worked with us to figured out the look we wanted without busting our budget. Leading up to the wedding (within a few weeks), we were grateful to have someone take on the load of coordinating with the vendors. On the day-of, we didn't have to worry about a thing, and everything went extremely smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! If you want to just enjoy your wedding day without worrying about logistics or coordinating people, we absolutely recommend working with Kate. - Katie & Steve