Chicago Theater Works Reviews

Chicago Theater Works 4
Chicago Theater Works 5
  • Deana

Deana Buchanan · Married on 05/17/2019

CTW will make your dreams come true!

The best day of my life was at Chicago Theater Works. I booked a wedding package. This venue is absolutely amazing. Large and open with exposed brick. Bill and Lisa are one of a kind and a treasure to work with. Don't be fooled by the photos. The space is large with high ceilings! The lighting can be dimmed for a romantic feel. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and a great canvas for your creativity. I received numerous compliments on how wonderful the venue is. My guests were blown away. The location is ideal for transportation and the cool city vibes will definitely impress your guests! Save yourself the stress and book your wedding here. The space has tables, chairs, sound system, bar, lights, private bridal room, and a stage. There is a kitchen and a large prep area. Your caterer will be very pleased. You can easily book an impressive bar package. I can't thank Bill and Lisa enough! They were very kind, fast to respond, and open to all my ideas. This place deserves more than 5 stars :) Thank you, Chicago Theater Works, for helping me bring my ideas to life!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 03/23/2019

Professional, Helpful and Caring!

Chicago Theater Works helped make our wedding so special and intimate. They went above and beyond to help our wedding go off without a hitch. Lisa and Bill, the owners/managers of the space, were responsive, supportive and very kind. They coordinated with our vendors and worked hard to make sure every detail was taken care of. And the bar. The bar was incredible. They allowed us to create 4 signature cocktails (and even went out and got ginger beer just for us) and then created a complete cocktail list to go along with them. All of our guests raved about the bar and stated it was the best bar experience they’ve had at a wedding. I cannot sign CTW praises enough, and I am so grateful to Lisa and Bill for how hard they worked to make our day so special.

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Chicago Theater Works 6
    Chicago Theater Works 7

Chicago Theater Works's reply:

With a great couple that thought of every detail it was easy for us to look good! A lifetime of happiness to Barrett and you!

Carrie · Married on 12/16/2017

They were all fantastic! Emails were always replied to, questions were always taken care of, and they even took care of the box office for us! They went beyond what was expected and the event was well attended and enjoyed by all! Would definitely use this space again!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Scott · event on 12/15/2017

I have heard again and again from our staff that this was our best holiday party ever. As the event planner I have to agree. Bill and his team went above and beyond- making sure every little detail was addressed. Same goes for their caterer. Lisa and her team knocked it out of the park! I would highly recommend!

Noreen · Married on 12/14/2017

What a fantastic venue! My guests could not stop raving about the service, intimate atmosphere and overall experience.

Jess · Married on 11/24/2017

This venue operates with the utmost professionalism and also has a genuine small-business model that makes it even more appealing to support. I've turned to them for use of the space, use of the materials in the space, and never had a bad experience with the management or the location. It's accessibility to CTA also makes it a great meeting spot.

Laurie · Married on 11/17/2017

Bill was a dream to work with during all of the pre-planning through the end of the night. This was such a fun venue in a great neighborhood that was easy for many to take public transportation. Lisa from North Shore Catering was also fantastic and the food was hot and delicious - everyone seemed thrilled with the selection. I wish I could do it all over again! Thanks so much for an incredible experience!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Kirsten · Married on 11/02/2017

It was a pleasure working with Bill and his team at Chicago Theater Works. Planning our event from start to finish was a seamless process. The production quality and support was exemplary and exceeded our expectations. We look forward to working with the team again for another show in Chicago.

Sent on 01/11/2018
    Chicago Theater Works 8
    Chicago Theater Works 9
    Chicago Theater Works 10

Annie · Married on 10/01/2016

It was an easy and wonderful experience. We were able to have both the ceremony and reception there. The location includes everything you need and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Bobby E. · Married on 11/11/2017

Needless to say, the BIG day can be a stressful day, but the people at Chicago Theater Works help put the smile back on my brides face. They were friendly, communicative and offered to lend a hand when they saw I needed help hanging my banner. The space was kept clean and they were quick to mop my up my sister's spilled drink. The decor inside was perfect from an untraditional person like myself (old-timey pictures,, old beer can display in lobby - Loved it all!) The bartenders, Terry and I think her name was Slash, were very welcoming too. I will definitely rent through Chicago Theater Works again. I may have my next birthday there!

Paul · Married on 12/16/2017

It was nice that we could rent a parking lot for our guests so they didn't have to try to park on neighborhood streets.

Sent on 01/06/2018