Chicago Gaelic Park Reviews

Chicago Gaelic Park 4
Chicago Gaelic Park 5
  • Colleen

Colleen McGuire · Married on 11/01/2019

5 Star Service on a budget!

Planning was very easy with Gaelic Park! I had NO vision. Luckily, the team had tons of options, and also great suggestions on decor, centerpieces, even how to tie the sash on the chair. Sharon drew out a floor plan and her and Renatta made sure everything was where I wanted it to be!

The food was great, plentiful and they also have several vegetarian options. Bar package had several drink options, and I don't think anyone went thirsty that evening.

I highly recommend attending their bridal show- you can find a lot of vendors you might need from here, and many of these vendors work closely with Gaelic Park- making day of plans REALLY seamless, as they have all worked well with each other in the past. They can coordinate things like flower drop off, DJ set up all with out you needing to worry when who is showing up and where!

Great job to all, best day ever! See you again soon :)

Sent on 11/11/2019

Heather · Married on 07/06/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Sharon, Philip and Ronada were instrumental in making our wedding day! Sharon contacted my several times to check in with me. She gave me decor advice and walked me through everything. The day of the wedding Ronada set everything up perfectly and even packed it all back up for me to pick up the next day. The bar staff and wait staff were experienced, quick, and friendly. The food was delicious and hot for every guest! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Tammy Watson · Married on 09/01/2018

Best venue, very accommodating

Gaelic park is very accommodating and very reasonably priced. There are no hidden prices. All services are included in the price. The food was delicious! We ordered family style filet mignon and chicken vesuvio. Top shelf open bar is included for 4 hours. The best part: we were able to drop off all our centerpieces and items used at the venue the day before with a note and the staff set up everything for us the day of. I even got my own bridal suite. The bar is enormous and the dance floor is huge. I highly reccomend Gaelic Park.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Tyler · Married on 06/09/2018

My fiancee and I visited many different venues before finally deciding on Gaelic Park, and we're very glad we did. From the beginning we knew this was going to be a better experience than your typical wedding venue. Gaelic Park made it clear that we were the priority and were very flexible when it came to specific wedding details (freedom of choice among vendors, ability to pick up decor the day after the event, etc.). We also live in a different state, which presented its own challenges when planning a wedding. Gaelic Park was always very responsive and willing to discuss details over the phone when in-person meetings were not possible. On the day of the wedding they checked in with us several times throughout the reception to make sure everything was running smoothly and to offer their support. They were so excited to be a part of our big day which just made it even more special for us. Gaelic Park also had very reasonable prices and we were able to plan a large reception without worrying about breaking the bank. Thank you to the banquet department of Gaelic Park for helping us throw an unforgettable wedding reception!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Patti · Married on 06/02/2018

Gaelic Park is a gem! They offered everything we were looking for and for a great value. Our guests' comfort was one of our top priorities, and Gaelic Park absolutely delivered on this one: plentiful parking, ADA compliant entrances and facilities, and comfortable spaces. Our wedding was in the Tara Room, which included the use of the outdoor patio, so our guests were able to step outside to get some fresh air without missing too much of the party. We got so many compliments from our guests. We are so happy we chose Gaelic Park!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Peggy · Married on 12/30/2017

Gaelic Park made our wedding that more memorable! We have been coming here for a long time so when it came time to picking a wedding venue it was a no brainer. However, we did shop around some other local venues and Gaelic Park by far was the best value. The banquet staff, Sharon and Renata, were fantastic and made planning easy and stress free! The day of went so smooth and if anything went wrong we sure didn’t know and they handled it. We chose plated filet and chicken for our dinner and they were able to serve our very large crowd quickly & without any delay. The food was delicious & cooked to perfection. After dinner both bars were open, so our guests never waited for drinks. If you are looking for a venue for a wedding or event look no further than Gaelic Park, you won’t be disappointed!

Chicago Gaelic Park 6
    Chicago Gaelic Park 7
    Chicago Gaelic Park 8
    Chicago Gaelic Park 9
    Chicago Gaelic Park 10
    Chicago Gaelic Park 11
    Sent on 01/02/2018

Gina · Married on 11/10/2017

Elegant, classic and affordable!
    The staff at Gaelic Park (shout out to Sharon McGhee, Marie and Ann) all helped to make our wedding night unforgettable! From the beginning of planning Sharon McGhee was extremely helpful, polite and accommodating. Any questions I had Sharon always got back to me immediately making my planning all that much easier. Our wedding took place in the Emerald room, a large spacious beautiful room! I had brought in quite a few extra touches to be placed throughout the room and everything was executed perfectly! One of my favorite things about the Emerald room is the large bar that stretches almost the entire length of the room making it very easy to grab a cocktail and a great place to visit with guests. We chose to do family style for dinner and it was absolutely delicious! You can never go wrong with good ole fashioned family style! After the reception guests were able to walk right down the hall to the bar next door and kept the party going! Gaelic Park also has a huge parking lot which I know I always appreciate whenever I attend a wedding, nobody wants to find parking in heels. My experience here was great and couldn’t be more satisfied with how everything turned out. Super affordable and simply classic. Happy wedding planning everyone!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Molly · Married on 11/03/2017

Perfect! I loved everything about Gaelic Park! The room looked gorgeous and they set everything up for me! The food was delicious and everyone was given generious proportions. They made sure that my husband and I actually ate. When we sat down after the grand entrance, they brought us a little plate with some appetizers on it since we didn't get to eat during the cocktail hour. The bar kept everyone having a good time. They staff was flexible with how we wanted everything set up. We decided last minute to have a instax photo booth and they set up a table while we did pictures right before cocktail hour.

The banquet staff was very accommodating and easy to work with while planning. They accepted multiple payments so it was nice to be able to pay a little off each month. The banquet manager, Sharon, called me every few weeks to see how everything was going and you could tell that she actually cared about my wedding and not just my checkbook.

Sent on 11/17/2017

It was love at first site with Gaelic Park! All of the staff was super friendly and very accommodating! We only looked at one venue and Gaelic was it, super excited for our September 2017 wedding there!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

Sharon and her team are great to work with! They were very helpful and all my guests raved about the (gourmet family style) food! They were very professional and so helpful!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Julie · Married on 09/01/2017

Having our wedding at Gaelic Park was the best decision we made! Renata is amazing and has done so much for us-- we haven't even had the wedding yet! Everyone is so nice, friendly and accommodating. Their rooms are gorgeous AND you won't break the bank!

Sent on 03/07/2017

sally · Married on 08/26/2017

All of the women I worked with were exceptional. It was a beautiful and elegant event

Sent on 08/30/2017

Colleen · Married on 06/17/2016

Everything about Gaelic Park was so easy from the beginning. Renata was very professional and timely in her responses. They have wonderful food and drink packages for a great deal. I would suggest Gaelic Park to anyone looking! Thanks for making Aaron and my day so great!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Michelle · Married on 04/23/2016

Gaelic park made our wedding unforgettable! Wveryone was great to work with and they made sure our day was perfect! Everything went flawless and prices were the best!

Sent on 09/26/2016

I cannot say enough positive things about Gaelic Park and would recommend their facility without reservation. If you're looking for a venue that will make you feel at ease and take care of everything you could possibly imagine then I'd hands down go with Gaelic Park. Colleen was such a wonderful manager who answered every possible question I had and she or her staff (Renate and Yvonne - shout out to them) always responded quickly to any email I sent. I felt like I inundated their office with my constant questions, but none of them ever seemed bothered and actually reassured me otherwise.

They definitely went above and beyond their job duties and exceeded my expectations. Colleen was there the day/night of our event and oversaw the entire reception. I am 100% satisfied with their venue and our guests kept saying how lovely everything looked and how good the food was. Usually banquet food is just "meh," so for guests to mention the food tasting really good speaks volumes I think!

Sent on 01/25/2016

We LOVED having our wedding at Gaelic Park! The price is affordable and reasonable and the Emerald Room was a beautiful setting that can accommodate a wide range of guests, we had 300 and it was perfect! All of our vendors collaborated well with Gaelic Park and everything went smooth. The best part was the service we received, Colleen was like having a personal wedding planner! She met with us and discussed the set up and layout of our wedding which included a few extra elements because it was New Year's Eve, and everything was set up perfectly, all the details were taken care of, and then they packed it all up and put it away for us to pick up another date. It was also beautifully decorated for the Holidays which added something special to the setting. The service and price were wonderful, the food and bar service was excellent, and it was beautifully set up! Definitely recommend - especially working with Colleen!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Erika · Married on 07/11/2015

Chicago Gaelic Park could not have been a more perfect place for our wedding reception. As someone who was not familiar with wedding-planning in general, they were so helpful every step of the way. They were extremely flexible, and truly helped us to create the reception atmosphere that we were looking for. Jody was our contact person and is phenomenal at her job. The room looked beautiful, and we are still receiving compliments! We'd highly recommend Gaelic Park to anyone who wants a personalized, very fun, and affordable wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Erin · Married on 06/13/2015

Gaelic Park recently hosted my dream wedding. Jody and the entire staff at Gaelic Park (servers, bartenders, bus boys, etc) made our wedding everything we wanted and more. Sure the Emerald Room is a beautiful room to host a wedding in. The array of chandeliers, gorgeous main bar and well kept hard wood floors are appealing to look at and make the room a luscious space to create a dream reception in. There is no doubt this facility is well kept and well decorated. The staff, however, is what made our decision to have our wedding at Gaelic! Jody was a pleasure to work with. This woman knows weddings and know vendors. She is very honest and dedicated to making your wedding everything you want and more. Whether it was a phone call conversation or an impromptu meeting that we needed to ease our minds or talk out our ideas, Jody was always willing to make time for us and share with us her expertise. Everything leading up the day of was a cake walk. The day of our wedding, however, was truly amazing. The staff recreated my vision. They lock the doors so that no guest can enter before the bride and groom see their room, which we appreciated very much! When we walked into he Emerald Room I was overcome with emotion. It was perfect. Jody, who had a family party for a nephew that day, left her family and came to Gaelic just to see me see the room for the first time. I know it seems silly but that meant so much to me. There was no need for her to go out of her way to personally unlock the doors for us, but she did and she did it happily. She was so genuinely thrilled for us and complimented us on the room decor and my dress. She was the sweetest woman to work with and without her I would not have known where to start when planning. Hands down one of the prettiest venues with the most incredible of staff.

Sent on 08/01/2015

Ryan · Married on 05/16/2015

Jody and her entire staff are so helpful and very professional. The room was set up beyond our expectations. Emerald room is perfect setting for a wedding reception. For the top notch quality of service, food, & hall, you are not paying outrageous prices. I recommend everyone to put Gaelic on their lists of choices for their wedding reception.

Sent on 07/26/2015

We cannot say enough great things about this venue. Jody's attention to detail is excellent! It was the most perfect day. We had our ceremony on the patio which turned out wonderful. The food was excellent, the service superb! Everyone raved about the appetizers and food! A small hiccup with the correct size table came up, and in minutes the staff had the tables switched out, no one even noticed! Thanks so much to Jody and all the staff for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Kari · Married on 10/25/2014

Gaelic Park did a fantastic job to make my wedding the best day of my life! They were so helpful and friendly and never hesitated to answer any questions that I had. Jody was great to work with and made everything look perfect for our reception. The night ran perfectly and I received so many compliments from my guests saying how great of a time they had and how friendly everyone was who worked there! Overall I think Gaelic Park did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a great wedding reception!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2014

I had my wedding rehearsal, wedding ceremony, and reception at Gaelic Park in October 2014. Jody was so helpful, accommodating, and gave us great advice. She never said 'no' even when we had a special request. I wanted the ice cream for dessert to be served in mini white sox helmets and Jody said no problem! She let us bring my homemade center pieces plus all our other reception items any days during the week leading up to the wedding. This was great because we didn't have to bring everything in one trip so I could ensure I didn't forget anything. I sent Jody a picture of how I wanted the center pieces set up and they put everything together no questions asked. I highly recommend attending their bridal show. We found our officiant, bakery, and late night snack company at the bridal show. They all gave us discounts for booking at the bridal show, and Gaelic Park gave us free hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour for attending the bridal show! We had our rehearsal at the pub inside Gaelic Park. The manager Teresa was so awesome and the server Diana was fast and accurate. We love the bartenders especially Rita! I definitely recommend Gaelic Park for anything wedding related. They know their stuff!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Allison · Married on 10/10/2014

Gaelic Park is a wonderful venue to have your Wedding at. Everyone that works there is very nice and helpful. As Jody said to us, "We want to make this easy for you and want you guys to truly enjoy your day!" That is exactly what happened. The pricing is so affordable and it includes centerpieces, service charge, and taxes. They are easy going and flexible throughout the whole wedding process. I would also recommend going to their Bridal Show. We received a free h'ordeuvres hour by going and met a few vendors that we ended up using. Seeing the reception hall on the day of my wedding is something I will never forget. It was beautiful. Thank you Gaelic Park for an amazing wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Amber · Married on 09/27/2014

What a wonderful reception venue!!!! My husband and I cannot express enough what a wonderful job Jodi, Jan and the entire staff did for and at our wedding! From the very start of the planning process, Jodi and Jan were so responsive and helpful in insuring that our wedding went exactly as we wanted. They were able to accommodate everything!!! They made sure the Tara room looked amazing and had it set up exactly like we dreamed. They made the whole wedding reception process as smooth as possible for us. The appetizers and food tasted fantastic!!! We heard wonderful feedback regarding the food all night!!! The room, the service, the food, and drinks were incredible. We have not one negative thing to say about Gaelic Park. We couldn't be happier with Gaelic Parks services and would recommend this venue to anyone. We hope to utilize Gaelic Parks services again in the future. The price was extremely reasonable and definitely worth every penny! Thanks Jodi and Jan for helping us making our wedding a night we will never forget!!! ~Mr. & Mrs. Matthew R. Sikes~

Sent on 10/22/2014
  • Mary Kate

Mary Kate · Married on 09/20/2014

My wedding reception was in the Tara Room this September, and it was beautiful. Jody, Jan, and the staff at Gaelic Park were absolutely wonderful to work with! They made the planning and logistics a breeze and were very helpful and flexible. In the planning phase I was able to meet with Jody or Jan a few times to go over details, and they always quickly responded to emails or phone calls. The reception itself went wonderfully. Service was prompt and we received so many compliments on the food. Gaelic Park is a wonderful venue for any event, especially a wedding reception! The patio was gorgeous, especially in the evening as the sun went down. Don't hesitate to contact Gaelic Park for your wedding needs!

Sent on 10/02/2014