Chic Weddings & Events Reviews

21 | Alexandria, VA

21 Reviews for Chic Weddings & Events

• Y

Yelena · Married on 09/15/2018

We didn't have a large wedding budget, so a day-of-coordinator wasn't originally in the cards for us. I can honestly say it was the best decision that we made throughout this whole planning process. Carrie was instrumental for MONTHS leading up to the wedding -- researching very important details like how do we actually get registered with the state, how do we get an alcohol license, what does the timeline look like, where do we get ready, etc. She took care of all the little details that I hadn't even thought of, and made the entire process completely stress-free. We felt like we had nothing to worry about, because she had it covered. Thank you so much, Carrie! You've been a wonderful friend throughout this whole process.

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

After one lunch meeting, Sandy was able to completely intuit my style and preferences. I was able to go totally hands-off, and she created the absolutely perfect wedding for us. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone with full confidence.

Catherine · Married on 07/21/2018

We were so impressed with Sandy’s industry knowledge, experience, and ability of her team to take on any project! Covering the staircase at the Torpedo Factory was no easy task, and it wound up being the focal point for our photos and an incredible backdrop for the ceremony.

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I won Washington Wedding Experience and 107.3s 'Wedding in a Week'. Leigh was our planner the entire week and we couldn't have asked for a better person! Fantastic !

Katherine · Married on 06/09/2018

Hiring Leigh and Sandy was one of the best decisions we made. Their vendor recommendations were spot on. More importantly, they stepped in to help us through a difficult situation with our venue and executed our day to perfection. Because of Leigh and Sandy, we were able to relax and enjoy our day while they made sure all the details were taken care of. Our family and friends loved them! Our wedding would not have been the same without them. Hire them! You will not be disappointed!

Arielle · Married on 03/30/2018

Leigh and Chic Weddings were amazing!!! Leigh was super on top of everything and made all our ideas come to fruition. Many people have commented that I was one of the mellowest brides they have ever seen. I credit all of that to Leigh, as I knew I was in good hands and could relax. Hiring Leigh was the best decision we made in this wedding. I cannot say enough good things about her.

Eden · Married on 12/09/2017

What can I say about Sandy? I want to get married again so I can talk to her all the time. I hired Sandy about a year out for her day-of coordination plan but we checked in almost every month before my services were actually supposed to start. Sandy answered every email, every phone in a prompt manner. She soothed every concern I had and was a shoulder to cry on when I had some issues and stress. I did not have to lift a single finger on my wedding day because Sandy had everything completely handled. If you are in the DMV area, I highly recommend you hire Sandy and her team.

Linda · Married on 09/24/2017

Sandy, we can't thank you enough! For years, I thought I could maneuver through the logistics of planning a "simple" wedding on my own for 160, but I was wrong. Hiring Sandy a few months before our big day was the best decision we made. From day one, she took the time to listen as I had panic attacks and each time she would calmly talk me off a ledge and tell me everything would be fine. She absolutely meant it from the heart and showed concern for me as more than just a client. I cannot express in words how comforting it was to truly feel and know that someone else cared so deeply and wanted the best for us in so many ways. She ultimately became a part-time life coach for this indecisive and overwhelmed bride. Throughout the entire planning process, she was always available to listen, provide recommendations, dealt with all vendors and even ran errands for us to make my life easier. We were still changing things at the last minute (I'm talking day before and morning of) and Sandy was a PRO in accomodating us! We wanted a Western style wedding with elements of Korean/Chinese and Sandy helped us settle on the final look/feel/timeline of our wedding. At both the ceremony and reception, she was able to work with us in using minimal decor, but managed to make the spaces look breathtaking!! Our guests who were used to traditional Chinese receptions were blown away at how well executed and beautiful the ceremony and reception was! One guest even called my father the next day and asked how he pulled off such a beautiful event, ha! ;) To see Sandy and her team (John and Michelle) work their magic like a well-oiled machine and not break a sweat on the actual day was incredible. I'm still in awe. Our wedding was more than we could've imagined and reflected who we were as a couple. Thank you for making sure that that we stayed true to ourselves. Most importantly, thank you for helping us start the next chapter of our lives together after 15 years...FINALLY! :)

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

Where do I even start? First and foremost, I should mention that I am definitely a type A person who likes to be organized and in control, so to hand that over to someone was definitely something I did not take lightly. I had the most complex collection of google docs to hand over to whoever assume the role of coordinator. Leigh Frigm was an absolute angel! She provided "day-of-coordination" which was so much more than that. Three months out she started to work on the day of timeline and was able to take our vision and make it come to life the day of my wedding. She was so patient with my indecisive moments and concerns over silly details. She helped me with absolutely anything she was able to. She was so responsive and available all throughout my wedding planning process, and if she went on vacation she made sure to let me know about it and connect me to Sandy to help field questions and keep track of things while she was away. I can honestly say that absolutely nothing went wrong (or at least if it did, I had no clue). Leigh was like family that day; she cares so much about her weddings and couples. Her passion for what she does is very apparent. She made my bed and helped clean my room the day of the wedding so we could take pictures of it :D. Hilarious and amazing! She is very professional, but at the same time so genuine and caring. The attention to detail she has is incredible and she has so many great ideas. Her experience shows with how seamlessly we transitioned throughout the day and how organized her timeline is (even if we didn't exactly follow it). I can't describe how well she blended into the evening. She was always easy to locate, but not at all visible to my guests as a "planner." I wasn't worried about anything other than tripping on my dress during my first dance. Leigh was like my second maid of honor and I felt so comfortable handing everything over to her.

Ann · Married on 06/02/2017

My husband and I will never be able to say enough about Leigh Frigm. My wedding felt magical and perfect, and so much of that was due to Leigh’s calm presence and her competence. She went so far above and beyond my expectations, and she did everything in her power to make sure my wedding day was a dream come true. Not only was she incredibly helpful and organized, she truly loves what she does and I felt like she cared about me and my fiancé (now husband)! We encountered snafus with the flowers, issues with some vendor contracts, and several unexpected challenges, and she was always ready with a solution, even if it meant hours of extra work. (All problems were ones she inherited, then stepped in to solve). She thought of everything, she remembered every detail, and on my wedding day she seemed to always be next to me exactly when I needed her. My fiancé and I had several special touches that were important to us, and Leigh made sure nothing was forgotten and that my vision was realized. Wedding planning is so stressful! Every time I spoke with Leigh that stress evaporated. Leigh is not just amazing at her job, she is a wonderful person who cares deeply about each bride she works with, and I am so grateful she was there to help myself and my husband through one of the most momentous days of our life.

• User7575082 · 1+ year ago

Leigh was the coordinator for our New Years Eve wedding in downtown D.C. this year. SHE WAS AWESOME. I'm a pretty stressed out person at baseline and planning a wedding without my family nearby seemed so stressful. Leigh joined us from the very beginning stages of planning and helped us select vendors, gave thoughtful suggestions, answered my wedding etiquette questions and was a great confidant as we went through the process. My fiancé was transferred by the Air Force about 5 months into our engagement and Leigh stepped in and came with me to almost all our vendor meetings! For the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner she coordinated everything with the hotel and restaurant. Our guests were so shocked at how smoothly everything went and how much fun our rehearsal dinner was :)

On the day of the wedding, she and Sandy came at 1 pm and helped wih everything! They made sure each vendor arrived on time and had things into our ceremony and reception areas. I didn't have to worry about a thing and was instead able to enjoy having my hair and makeup done with my mom and bridal party the whole morning and afternoon. Then there were all the tiny details she helped with, from climbing under my dress to make sure I didn't step on it on the spiral staircase to making sure I had breath mints and appetizers in my hotel room after the ceremony... there's just too many things to even list!

I would highly recommend Leigh to any bride searching for planning services. She was reasonably priced, professional, thoughtful, fun to work with and just an overall amazing person :) I wish I could take her with me when I move to Florida!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Chic Weddings & Events's reply:

Leigh is one of the best in the industry! Thanks for telling everyone how wonderful she is. We are so glad to have her on our team.

Jackie · Married on 12/17/2016

We chose Sandy as our day of coordinator and cannot rave enough about her. She really was a pleasure to work with- super attentive and professional. The whole planning process was extremely overwhelming but from the moment we hired Sandy, she made it all so much smoother and made us feel at ease. From vendor recommendations, to physically running out to stores last minute to pick up a guest book(which we completely forgot), - Sandy went above and beyond the call of duty. I truly don't know what we would have done without her!!

Gina · Married on 12/10/2016

Leigh is an enormous reason that I not only enjoyed my wedding - but enjoyed the planning process as well - something I had been dreading! People commented on how relaxed I seemed and it's all due to her. I interviewed 4 planners and the minute I talked to Leigh on the phone I knew I wanted to work with her. She is knowledgeable, patient, sweet, calming and inspires confidence. She genuinely wanted me to enjoy my wedding, and intuitively understood what I wanted even when I poorly articulated it. She has excellent taste and the space looked exactly the way I wanted it to -- even though all I had time to do was send over a few pictures, say "elegant and cozy winter wedding", and offer a shoestring flower budget. (I never even had to talk to a florist - she handled all of it!) Like many in DC, I work long hours and was worried I couldn't afford the type of support I wanted -- Leigh worked with me on budget and the whole time made me feel like a five star client. During the wedding she handled a couple of unexpected situations with grace (unexpected guests!) to the point that I was happy they happened. I had three different friends/family members approach me about how great she was - and she really is. I just wish I could have hung out with her at the wedding! Leigh: Thank you around the moon and back.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Chic Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Gina! We love helping you make your wedding "Stress FREE"!

Morgan · Married on 10/22/2016

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Chic Weddings! Leigh and Sandy went above and beyond to make sure I had a great wedding day. They were able to handle every last minute change and made sure we had drinks waiting for us at our table the minute we arrived! Would definitely recommend to any bride or groom who thinks they can plan a wedding by themselves but wants just a little help, you'll feel so much better knowing your in really experienced and capable hands!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Chic Weddings & Events's reply:

Thanks for sharing your experience Morgan! What a fantastic wedding it was especially with the surprise we were able to help set up!

Chayla · Married on 10/01/2016

We valued the help of our coordinator, Leigh, so much. Most day of planners start one month out, but with Chic-Weddings they start three months ahead with helping to finalize details and last minute things still left to do. We did not have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day and everything turned out just as we imagined it would without the headache of stressing over making sure our vendors were taken care of. I couldn't have asked for an better coordinator than Leigh.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Chic Weddings & Events's reply:

Chayla, LOVE your wedding! Can't wait to see photos!

Cristina · Married on 04/30/2016

Are you looking for a wedding coordinator who is affordable without compromising service? Then Chic Weddings & Events should be your #1 pick! Our wedding consisted of two ceremonies on the same day plus a reception. As you can imagine, the logistics/planning were complex; there were many loose ends of which to be taken care. Sandy and her team developed a timeline, which kept track of the vendors, names and contact information of our wedding party, including a step-by-step outline of our wedding day! Having that outline was incredibly helpful! For example, if someone asked us what time he/she needed to be somewhere, we just referred to the timeline.

Also, Sandy served as my (bride) emotional support! This was something I had not envisioned needing. Sandy checked in on me and continuously reassured me that everything would be fine, especially a few weeks before the wedding when I needed it most. Further, Sandy dedicated just the right amount of time (3 months) before the day of our wedding to learn our likes/dislikes so that she would be able to make on-the-spot decisions for us, on our big day!! She made sure we met our timelines (e.g., invitations, etc.) far enough in advance so that everything would be ready for the wedding day. We have told our friends about our wonderful experience with Chic Wedding & events, and we continue to tell our friends that have yet to get married!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Chic Weddings & Events's reply:

I am so glad to be part of Cristina and David's wedding! It was so great to see all the beautiful traditions blend together. Honor to be part of your wedding! Thank you!

Hifza · Married on 01/22/2016

I don't think I will put into words exactly how helpful Leigh was to my wedding, it just wouldn't do it justice, but I will try! How are weddings even planned without you Leigh? She is AMAZING, I had to put my wedding together in a short amount of time, and if she hadn't been my wedding planner, I don't know if I would have pulled it off. Her attention to detail, and constant friendly reminders kept me right on track. I cannot leave out Sandy who I am quite certain could rule the world with her "can - do" attitude. Leigh also was able to cushion any curve balls thrown my way while planning for the wedding and on the day of. Her attitude and presence kept me calm and collected as the wedding day started out with a somber mood, due to a death in the family. For anyone thinking they do not need a planner for your big day, please reconsider and while you are doing that, give Leigh, Sandy, Christine and all the other wonder ladies a call at Chic Weddings & Events, these women are the sweetest and most dependent people to have on your side as you prepare for one of the most important days of your life!

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2015

I had such a great time working with Leigh and Sandy from Chic Wedding and Events for day-of-coordination - they truly love what they do and it shows! When I first met Leigh, she was so friendly and eager to help us out with anything we needed - she took over contact with our vendors to coordinate the schedule for the wedding day. Leigh had such a great personality that jibed well with us! I didn't even know she had a team of coordinators with her until later, and they took care of everything so that we didn't have to worry about a single thing. They were always attentive and thought of all the planning details. The wedding day turned out perfectly! Sandy even brought hor d'oeuvres up to my room for the bridesmaids and I while freshening up before the reception which totally hit the spot. I would recommend Chic Wedding & Events to anyone looking for a coordinator. The quality of service that they provided was beyond expectation!!

E · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Leigh (and her partner Sandy)! As the bride, my attention to detail and vision for my big day were very incredibly important and Leigh was able to exceed our very high standards throughout the entire process. Leigh was incredibly timely, professional, fun, and had great ideas -- working with her was a complete joy. Leigh's ability to coordinate all of the vendors and every last detail was a huge relief to me, and she made our wedding day seamless and enjoyable. If there were any problems and issues on the big day, Leigh handled those effortlessly, without causing me any worries or stress -- a skill that is truly priceless! I felt 110% confident that Leigh would execute our vision and boy was I right -- she did a phenomenal job. I have been to several weddings/events where the planner made a huge difference in the success of the overall outcome and flow of the wedding - and without a doubt I would recommend Leigh to execute this flawlessly for your event! I will always have such wonderful memories of the big day, due in large part to Leigh and her excellent work. I was so impressed with how Leigh went above and beyond to help with vendors, contracts, attending appointments, providing new ideas, etc. For this type A, detail oriented bride :), Leigh was the perfect fit, and did an amazing job!

Gregg · Married on 04/12/2014

Leigh really helped all along with planning and creating an incredible event. Sandy joined in to help on the wedding day, and we certainly needed her help. Between the two of them, they really had all of us going where we were supposed to go, and doing what we had to do. I cannot say enough about how great these two women were to make my daughter's wedding day a truly special day.

Duane · Married on 09/10/2016

Working with Leigh at Breaux Vineyards for our wedding was amazing. I don't know what we would have done without her. She went above and beyond our expectations in months leading up to the big day and was amazing on the day of. I would highly recommend Leigh even for a small wedding. We had approximately 65 guests and even with that small of a wedding her services were well worth it!