65 Reviews for Chevy Chase Country Club

Uncovered Outdoor (5)
Lighting/Sound (3)
Outside Cake (2)
65 Chevy Chase Country Club Reviews

We had our wedding reception (425 guests) at Chevy Chase Country Club in the Grand Ballroom on July 29th, 2018, and we could not have been happier with how everything went!! I had a really specific vision for what I wanted, and Chevy Chase was so accommodating and willing to work with us. Jan Berg is such a pleasure to work with, and always so prompt in returning emails and phone calls. We worked closely with Jan and the chef to plan a cocktail hour with a wide variety of live stations and appetizers spread throughout the abbey and spilling out onto the gorgeous patio. Our guests have given us so much positive feedback about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. Everything went perfectly on the day of our wedding, thanks to the dedication and hard work of the entire team at Chevy Chase. We can't thank you enough!
-Sheryl & Jerry

Profile Picture Sheryl, 7/29/18, 2 Reviews
3.8

We got married in the Grand Ballroom and everything turned out gorgeous. We used uplighting/drapery to cover up the green curtain which really brightened the space. The outside patio is beautiful and very scenic. The food was also very good as well, we ran out of desserts and late night food very quickly! The day-of was great, especially with the event coordinator there the day-of to handle the logistics.

The main negative here is the planning beforehand and communication. Organization seemed to be an issue as the event coordinator team forgot we had appointments, forgot that we are not local (and therefore could not easily come back in the chat about plans), forgot to "reply all" in emails for the entire year and half of exchanges, and it took no less than 10-12 versions of the final invoice to get it right. We caught many errors in the quantity of items, charges that weren't supposed to be there, and even spelling my name wrong only a month before the final payment.

All in all I would definitely go back to Chevy Chase for the wedding, and my advice would is to be very diligent in looking though the details of the planning, and sending reminders for appointments and meetings. Everyone was friendly and I did trust that all would be perfect for the day of, so I am overall a happy customer.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently had our wedding at Chevy Chase and I cannot say enough GREAT things about the venue and staff! Jan and Kelsi were so helpful throughout the whole process and were quick to answer any questions we had and accommodate all of our requests. Nick (food and beverage director) was also amazing to work with for all our beverage wishes -- our night would not have been complete without our favorite whiskey and prosecco :) lastly, our day of coordinator/event manager, Nate, made the day stress-free and go off without a hitch!

Our wedding had 300 guests, so naturally, we were concerned with food being hot, cooked correctly, the service of drinks, etc. and they EXCEEDED our expectations! We received SO many compliments about the food being perfect (thank you Chef Oscar!), which is hard to do. The bartenders were AMAZING with their quick service and making sure no one went dry -- they worked so hard and it was very much appreciated and didn't go unnoticed. All in all, Chevy Chase goes above and beyond! We are so happy we chose them as our venue and would do it a million times over, if we could! Thank you to everyone at Chevy Chase for making our day perfect!

Photo for Chevy Chase Country Club Review - Gorgeous grounds that are very well kept
Photo for Chevy Chase Country Club Review - Coolest/biggest bar behind us
Photo for Chevy Chase Country Club Review - Amazing setup by the staff
Photo for Chevy Chase Country Club Review - Large bridal suite upstairs to keep belongings
Photo for Chevy Chase Country Club Review - Dance floor was hot! Plenty of room for 300+ people
Profile Picture Colette, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens

We had a wonderful experience with Chevy Chase. They were great to work with from start to finish, accommodating our requests (e.g., signature cocktails, a different wine selection) and easy to communicate with. The venue isn't cheap but, compared with many similar venues in the Chicagoland area, it was well worth the money we spent. Our guests raved about the food, the bar, and the decor (we were in the larger ballroom - it's spectacular!). All in all, very happy we decided to go with Chevy for our special day.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Laura, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Linens

We had our wedding at Chevy Chase in September and we would highly recommend it!!! It was amazing! We were in the Devonshire room which is breathtaking. You can't beat the newly updated decor of the room. The windows looking out onto the course just put it over the top. And the fact that the room comes with Chivari chairs is huge and really makes such a difference making the reception look elegant and modern. Every other venue we looked at charged at minimum $10 per chair to upgrade, this is a huge cost savings! The patio was also amazing to have! Our guest spent the entire cocktail hour on the patio, it was gorgeous at sunset. We also put luminaries out at dark and our guest loved it! It was a great option for our guest who didn't like to dance to be able to sit and talk. The course itself is beautiful too! We took photos with my husband and I, our bridal party, and large family photos and it couldn't be a more beautiful backdrop.

The staff is just incredible. Jan was so helpful and more than willing to answer all of our questions as we went through planning. She was highly organized and we fully trusted her that everything on the day of would be taken care of. She truly went above and beyond. I found out after the wedding, half of my family came to our cocktail hour an hour and a half early! The course and club room were not open on our wedding day and a few family members were quite huffy about this not being open. Jan swooped in and saved the day and got them drinks from the bar early. We couldn't be more thankful she took care of this situation for us. Our day of staff member Nick was fantastic and made everything go off without a hitch. The entire staff at Chevy Chase are experts and were able to offer great suggestions for logistics and made the timing of everything on the day of work seamlessly.

All in all, we'd have our reception at Chevy Chase again in a heartbeat!!! They are amazing!!! Thank you Jan, Nick and Chef Oscar!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Event Planning

Our family has had two successful showers at Chevy Chase, a wedding shower and a baby shower. The Devonshire Room is beautiful and accommodated our numbers well. It is a beautifully appointed, spacious room that is very easy to decorate and arrange. The views of the golf course are an added bonus. Jan and her staff work with you one on one to offer suggestions for meals, presentation, and room arrangements that will enhance your party. The food has always been delicious and the service is beyond amazing! Our relatives are still raving about the great time they had! Thank you Chevy Chase.

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Jan and Harry were life savers for our wedding!!! Great venue and exceptional staff! Everything was perfect thanks to Jan and Harry. They made the whole planning process so easy. We did not have a wedding planner, but Jan was as close as it gets! We booked in the Devonshire room with about 165 people. It was a perfect fit and probably could have taken another 30-40 easily. Very accommodating venue when asked for special favors. If you are considering this venue you found the one!

Profile Picture Nick, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Event Planning
4.7

I had a engagement party here in 2016. My engagement party was a luncheon and we worked off the Chevy Chase luncheon menu. I worked with Jan who I believe is in charge of the sales team. To say that they were accommodating was an understatement. I wanted more hot items in my buffet, Jan and the chef were so flexible and I was able to have all of the menu items that I requested, including making certain dishes spicier. My guests loved the food, it was delicious- I highly recommend adding jalapeno mac and cheese to your buffet !! I was even able to pick out the deserts I wanted and they also turned out pretty great(the lemon blueberry bars were delicious)! Nick, was in charge of audio and basically ran the event on the day of the engagement. Nick helped fill the vases for the centerpieces with water during setup time and although there were some issues with sound, Nick was very quick to fix it.

The venue was also great. Unfortunately, the pictures on this site are not up to date. Chevy Chase has had major renovations done, the Devonshire Room which I used has a very clean, classic look to it with dark wood, and white trim with tons and tons of windows which overlook the golf course. My guests also really loved the venue.

The one thing I would change with my event, is to not order appetizers. They are pretty expensive and not worth it in my opinion, the buffet would have been more than enough.

Overall, I loved my event here and the staff was so easy to work with!! -Shinu and Josh

Profile Picture Joshua, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Lighting/Sound

We are so happy we had our wedding at Chevy Chase! It was absolutely perfect! We received nothing but compliments on the venue from our guests. Jan was lovely to work with throughout the entire planning process. She was always quick to respond and very accommodating. Harry helped us the day of our wedding and was wonderful! He was so helpful and quick to accommodate our requests. He had the room set up exactly as I imagined. The food was delicious, the grounds made for great photos, and the bartenders were so quick to serve. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I got married in the Devonshire Room at Chevy Chase Country Club 2 weeks ago. We cannot say enough positive things about this experience. The entire staff at Chevy Chase worked to accommodate our wishes to make our dream wedding come true. It was a pleasure to work with the office staff, catering staff, wedding day planner, bartenders, and servers. Everyone worked together to ensure we had the best day. The venue was beautiful (both inside and out!), the food was delicious, and our overall experience was outstanding. Thank you again to the Chevy Chase staff!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything from the planning process to the night of to the days following was perfect The team was so easy to work with. I was planning this wedding from across the country and they were flexible and patient with me and worked with my schedule when I was available to come into town. They eased my mom through the process and listened to our concerns. I would hold future events there.

Profile Picture Kara, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My fiancé and I are still about 10 months away from our wedding but we are so excited that both our ceremony and reception will be held at Chevy Chase Country Club! We are planning our wedding from where we live in North Carolina and the staff at Chevy Chase have been nothing short of amazing, kind and flexible with us since we are so far away. We'll be in the Devonshire Room which just finished a major renovation and when we booked we did so not only sight unseen (sent our parents to scout) but also without any walls or floors in the room! Because of this Jan and Wendy were fantastic in allowing us to split up deposits until we had actually seen the finished room and let me tell you it did not disappoint! I had chills when we walked into the empty space for the first time and our wedding was still so far away. The building and land is so historic but also feels fresh with this new renovation. The service has been perfect and their wedding package (while somewhat pricey) does include just about everything you could possibly need on your big day - including a 4 course meal (instead of the standard 3) and your wedding cake from Lovin Oven that you get to completely design yourself. My fiancé and I feel extremely relaxed with Chevy Chase as our vendor even though we're planning from 1,000 miles away and we can't wait for our big day next year!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Outside Cake, Linens

Absolutely the best place for a wedding! Food is amazing. Staff is incredibly kind and helpful. We are so happy we chose to have our big day there! They made it unforgettable.

Profile Picture Amber, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

CCCC was everything we dreamed of and more. The place itself is breathtaking. We had so many compliments about the uniqueness of the venue. We were in the Grand Ballroom so there was plenty of space for all of our guests but it didn't have that standard venue feel. Jan was great to work with and helped answer all of our questions. The large bridal suite was perfect for getting ready and was another great backdrop for pictures. We just happened to drive by when we were looking for venues and we could not have been more pleased with all there was to offer.

Profile Picture laura, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Event Planning

Chevy Chase Country Club was the most perfect venue for us!! From the beginning, we were so impressed with how beautiful the newly renovated rooms were. We got married in the Devonshire room, and I couldn't have been happier with the setting. Jan helped coordinate many of the details for many months during the engagement and was available to us quickly and as often as we needed her. When were were deciding between a handful of country clubs around the area, this one just had the best value and pricing for everything we got. Overall, I was so thrilled with everything. The food is also very good!! We enjoyed our tasting and I really did get to enjoy my dinner and cake at the reception! There were several minor details that were not placed according to what I had imagined, but this is the very nitpicky part of me. Most people would never notice those things, but I just happened to notice that the music was not on during our slideshow in the lobby and a few decoration items were in the wrong place. This was not anything that by any means ruined the night or upset me at all! In the end, everything was beautiful and we had a wonderful evening.

Profile Picture Priscilla, 7/8/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

We just had our wedding in the Grand Ballroom a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING!!! The venue recently had face lift. The place has been completely remodeled and it unbelievable. If you haven't been there in the last 6 months - you have to check it out.

The staff at Chevy Chase is very helpful and responsive. Big shout out to Jan Berg, she made this whole wedding planning process as smooth as it could be. From day one when we booked til the day of the wedding, Jan, provided timeline suggestions, vendor recommendations, planing guides, etc. She's a pleasure to work with and always greeted us with a smile. The staff made sure all of our questions were answered on a timely manner. On the day of the wedding, Jorge did a great job following up with us throughout the day to ensure everything was going according to my timeline.

We had over 250 guests and til this day everyone can't stop talking about how great the customer service was, how beautiful the venue was and how everything was well organized through cocktail hour, dinner, and the rest of the night. I highly recommend this venue and I wish I can give them more stars as they are well deserved.

The food is delicious, the venue is beautiful and best of all the location is great - near by restaurants, bars, hotels.

Profile Picture Maria, 7/3/16, 6 Reviews
4.7

I have not had my wedding yet, but my fiance and I were very impressed with Chevy Chase right off the bat. We went and looked at several Chicago area venues over a weekend (we actually live elsewhere), and Chevy Chase definitely had the best customer service. As soon as we walked in, we were offered free drinks at the bar, which just showed they were actually interested in us and not just another couple coming to look at the venue. Jan showed us around and also asked us a lot of questions about us as a couple and our wedding. Again, very focused on us as people and not just another couple. Many other vendors only asked for bare bone details about the wedding to find out timeline needs. We decided to have our reception in the Devonshire room, which was actually under construction when we went to look. Jan still took us into the room (which was partially done) and helped us to visual the space. Jan then showed us models of what the room was supposed to look like upon completion, and even though not everything had been completely figured out, Jan made us feel comfortable that with Chevy Chase's experience that everything would run smoothly and be beautiful come our wedding day. When we decided to book the venue, they were extremely responsive, and they have also said that we are more then welcome to come look at the completed room whenever we are back in town.

UPDATE: We had our wedding and everything went pretty well! As the planning continued from our last post, I did notice that, although the staff is very nice, it seemed like they were so busy that responses were occasionally slow. We also found that every time we went to the venue for a planned meeting, Jan did not seem to know that we had a meeting. We found it a little odd considering customer service should be a huge thing for a wedding venue. But, at the end of the day, everything went pretty much as planned and Chevy Chase was accommodating and helpful with our requests.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When i first visited Chevy Chase Country Club when choosing my venue, I thought it was going to be just another country club. But when i saw all the amazing updates they had done I was blown away with the beauty of it. We had our wedding reception in the Devonshire room and everything about the modern (yet classic) look of the room to the beautiful foyer was everything we could have hoped for. Even more recommendable is the quality of service you will receive from the staff. Jan was a dream to work with and ensures that every detail of your event is just how you wish it to be. She was great at answering my many questions in a timely manner and was very accommodating towards any special requests i had. Another great feature is the variety of food available to make your menu perfect as well as the deliciousness of everything. It's hard to not leave a clean plate and all our guests kept telling us how great everything tasted. If you're looking for glamor, sophistication and high quality in your venue...look no further. Chevy Chase C.C. has everything you need and more to make your wedding one you will never forget.

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/26/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor
4.7

We got married in the Devonshire room at Chevy Chase Country club. Jan and Gayle made everything easy for us and they were very accommodating with our requests. The food is delicious for wedding food and the bakery they partner with made us a gorgeous cake. Only down fall was the keg lines broke at the bar the night of our wedding and the three beers on tap that were supposed to be offered weren't. The staff ran to the store and got a tapper (the ones you're used to from college parties) for our favorite of the three, but there was nothing we could do for the other two. I know this will be resolved for future events but thought it helpful to share how they at least tried to remedy the situation.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Linens, Outside Cake, Indoor

We had our wedding reception at Chevy Chase and they were wonderful! The ballroom is beautiful, the staff is incredibly friendly & helpful and accommodated everything we needed. Our wedding was a dream come true and we are so happy we chose Chevy Chase for the reception!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very friendly and accommodating! We worked with Jan and Wendy, Walton, the head chef, Rafel, the banquet supervisor, Nate, our bartender! We literally had no glitches or problems working with these wonderful people! We highly recommend ChevyChase Country Club for any wedding!

Profile Picture Holly, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot express how happy I am that my husband and I found Chevy Chase and booked them for our wedding this past August. Jane, Wendy, Walt, and James were beyond wonderful to work with. From our very first meeting I knew it was the right place. Jan made us feel so welcomed and answered all of our questions. We never once felt pressured to make any decisions we weren't ready to. We booked the newly renovated Devonshire room and all of our guests still talk about how beautiful it was. Our photos were also absolutely gorgeous from the Devonshire room and outside. I believe the staff makes this place so special. Walt and James really made the night memorable with the amazing food and drink provided and Jan and Wendy work so hard to make each couple feel like they are a priority. You can really tell how dedicated they all are. Walt himself even took the time to help put a special touch on our head table decorations right before everyone got to see the room. It was all beyond my expectation. To me that means a lot that they all take such care in making the night perfect. This place was wonderful and I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Chevy Chase. The ceremony was outside and the reception was in the Grand Ballroom. The wedding turned out absolutely perfect, due in large part to how wonderful Chevy Chase and their amazing staff were. The venue is amazing, great for anyone looking to host a great party with their large bar and bar area. Also, the patio area for the ceremony was beautiful. While the venue itself is fantastic, the staff were the real reason the venue is so phenomenal. They were so attentive to us before the wedding and couldn't have been more wonderful the day of the wedding. I highly recommend Chevy Chase (and all their staff!!) for your wedding!

Profile Picture User4039950, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful and unique venue with amazing food and a wonderful staff!! As a bride you are always worried about getting enough to eat on your wedding night, but the staff was so attentive I was actually able to finish my dinner and there was someone always there to refresh my drink. Food was delicious, got so many compliments on the prime rib and au gratin potatoes. Overall a pleasure to work with Wendy, Jan, James, and the Chef. They were very flexible, and always quickly responded to my e-mails and requests.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception here... Words can't even describe how satisfied we were. Jan planned with us down to the very detail, James helped us get one of our favorite beers on tap, and Walter made the most delicious food we had ever tasted! Not only was Chevy Chase very flexible to allow us to get and do whatever we needed, but they were there with us every step of the way. Our wedding ran so smoothly from start to finish and our guests had a great time. The bartenders were quick to serve, and personable to the guests. The servers were accommodating and polite. This place is perfect to have your ceremony and reception... The outdoor area is beautiful but even if you get married inside its the perfect backdrop for pictures. The bridesroom was also another big perk!! We spent a lot of time there during the day and they nice big sofas, huge mirrors, a cute little fireplace setup, and even stalls for bathrooms! The bridal suite had snacks and champagne , and we even had some of our appetizers sent up there in case we missed them during cocktail hour. The horseshoe shaped bar was also a great area for our guests to hang out in ! They were so many good things about this venue... I cant imagine getting married somewhere else. (Several of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! ) I would highly recommend the bartenders, the servers, and most importantly - Chef Walter. If you want a wedding thats in the perfect location to great hotels, with fantastic staff, a beautiful indoor and outdoor setup, a great horeshoe shaped bar, awesome vintage looking ballroom, a spacious bridal suite, with mouth watering food ... This is your place!! Chevy Chase made our day better than we could've imagined. Thank you guys!

Profile Picture Erin, 3/21/15, 2 Reviews