Chevy Chase Country Club Reviews

68 Chevy Chase Country Club Reviews
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Dexter · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing venue

My husband and I just got married at Chevy Chase on October 19th in the Devonshire Room. Everything went so smooth, and everyone was so helpful. Jan and her team were incredibly helpful and accommodating through the entire process. All of our guests loved the venue and the food and drinks. We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Although the weather did not quite cooperate, we were still able to get some pictures in with the beautiful scenery at Chevy Chase. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding or special event. Thank you for helping our wedding day run smoothly!

Estela · Married on 09/14/2018

Five well earned stars for the staff of Chevy Chase Country Club. My husband and I had our wedding reception on 9/14/18 at the Devonshire Room and everything turned out perfect!

From start to finish, Jan and Kelsi were on top of everything (and I do mean everything) in helping to coordinate every last detail to our liking. They were both incredibly responsive to any questions that we had and went out of their way to ensure that my wife and I had the best experience possible. Their hard work and attention to detail is evident and the end result was a beautifully executed event.

Though we don't have any pictures to share (yet), the venue itself is gorgeous - lighting and acoustics were fantastic and we received a lot of compliments on the visual appeal of the Devonshire Room itself. Nate was our day-of/on-site coordinator and was equally on top of things to ensure that our reception went as planned and without a hitch. Food (chicken & beef sirloin duet plate) was great and we received a lot of positive feedback on the menu as well.

I would recommend Chevy Chase Country Club as an affordable and great value venue for any couple looking to celebrate their big day in style. The venue itself checks just about every box, but it is the staff of CCCC that serve as the proverbial icing on the cake! We cannot thank Kelsi, Jan, Nate, and the entire CCCC team enough - our big day would not have been possible without their great work throughout. Cheers!

Jamie · Married on 08/17/2018

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Chevy Chase. It was absolutely incredible. It honestly could not have been more perfect. We got married on the gorgeous golf course and had our reception in the beautiful Devonshire Room. It was everything we envisioned for our wedding day. None of this would have been possible without the amazing staff at Chevy Chase. Everyone made us feel like the most important people. No details went unnoticed. We worked with Kelsi throughout the planning process. She’s professional, responsive, and accommodating. As an anxious bride, she put up with all my crazy questions with ease! She ensured that both of us were comfortable with every detail. Nate was of day of coordinator. Wow. Absolutely amazing. He is fantastic at his job. When Postmates didn’t deliver our late night snack we had ordered, Nate had pizzas for all our guests within 30 minutes. This guy really knows how to make sure a wedding day goes smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about everyone at Chevy Chase. I’ll certainly be keeping them all in mind for future events! Thank you Chevy Chase!!

Sheryl · Married on 07/29/2018

We had our wedding reception (425 guests) at Chevy Chase Country Club in the Grand Ballroom on July 29th, 2018, and we could not have been happier with how everything went!! I had a really specific vision for what I wanted, and Chevy Chase was so accommodating and willing to work with us. Jan Berg is such a pleasure to work with, and always so prompt in returning emails and phone calls. We worked closely with Jan and the chef to plan a cocktail hour with a wide variety of live stations and appetizers spread throughout the abbey and spilling out onto the gorgeous patio. Our guests have given us so much positive feedback about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. Everything went perfectly on the day of our wedding, thanks to the dedication and hard work of the entire team at Chevy Chase. We can't thank you enough!
    -Sheryl & Jerry

Colette · Married on 05/19/2018

We recently had our wedding at Chevy Chase and I cannot say enough GREAT things about the venue and staff! Jan and Kelsi were so helpful throughout the whole process and were quick to answer any questions we had and accommodate all of our requests. Nick (food and beverage director) was also amazing to work with for all our beverage wishes -- our night would not have been complete without our favorite whiskey and prosecco :) lastly, our day of coordinator/event manager, Nate, made the day stress-free and go off without a hitch!

Our wedding had 300 guests, so naturally, we were concerned with food being hot, cooked correctly, the service of drinks, etc. and they EXCEEDED our expectations! We received SO many compliments about the food being perfect (thank you Chef Oscar!), which is hard to do. The bartenders were AMAZING with their quick service and making sure no one went dry -- they worked so hard and it was very much appreciated and didn't go unnoticed. All in all, Chevy Chase goes above and beyond! We are so happy we chose them as our venue and would do it a million times over, if we could! Thank you to everyone at Chevy Chase for making our day perfect!

Chevy Chase Country Club 1
    Chevy Chase Country Club 2
    Chevy Chase Country Club 3
    Chevy Chase Country Club 4
    Chevy Chase Country Club 5

Kristen · Married on 09/16/2017

We had our wedding at Chevy Chase in September and we would highly recommend it!!! It was amazing! We were in the Devonshire room which is breathtaking. You can't beat the newly updated decor of the room. The windows looking out onto the course just put it over the top. And the fact that the room comes with Chivari chairs is huge and really makes such a difference making the reception look elegant and modern. Every other venue we looked at charged at minimum $10 per chair to upgrade, this is a huge cost savings! The patio was also amazing to have! Our guest spent the entire cocktail hour on the patio, it was gorgeous at sunset. We also put luminaries out at dark and our guest loved it! It was a great option for our guest who didn't like to dance to be able to sit and talk. The course itself is beautiful too! We took photos with my husband and I, our bridal party, and large family photos and it couldn't be a more beautiful backdrop.

The staff is just incredible. Jan was so helpful and more than willing to answer all of our questions as we went through planning. She was highly organized and we fully trusted her that everything on the day of would be taken care of. She truly went above and beyond. I found out after the wedding, half of my family came to our cocktail hour an hour and a half early! The course and club room were not open on our wedding day and a few family members were quite huffy about this not being open. Jan swooped in and saved the day and got them drinks from the bar early. We couldn't be more thankful she took care of this situation for us. Our day of staff member Nick was fantastic and made everything go off without a hitch. The entire staff at Chevy Chase are experts and were able to offer great suggestions for logistics and made the timing of everything on the day of work seamlessly.

All in all, we'd have our reception at Chevy Chase again in a heartbeat!!! They are amazing!!! Thank you Jan, Nick and Chef Oscar!

Kathy · Married on 09/10/2017

Our family has had two successful showers at Chevy Chase, a wedding shower and a baby shower. The Devonshire Room is beautiful and accommodated our numbers well. It is a beautifully appointed, spacious room that is very easy to decorate and arrange. The views of the golf course are an added bonus. Jan and her staff work with you one on one to offer suggestions for meals, presentation, and room arrangements that will enhance your party. The food has always been delicious and the service is beyond amazing! Our relatives are still raving about the great time they had! Thank you Chevy Chase.

Nick · Married on 09/09/2017

Jan and Harry were life savers for our wedding!!! Great venue and exceptional staff! Everything was perfect thanks to Jan and Harry. They made the whole planning process so easy. We did not have a wedding planner, but Jan was as close as it gets! We booked in the Devonshire room with about 165 people. It was a perfect fit and probably could have taken another 30-40 easily. Very accommodating venue when asked for special favors. If you are considering this venue you found the one!

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2017

We are so happy we had our wedding at Chevy Chase! It was absolutely perfect! We received nothing but compliments on the venue from our guests. Jan was lovely to work with throughout the entire planning process. She was always quick to respond and very accommodating. Harry helped us the day of our wedding and was wonderful! He was so helpful and quick to accommodate our requests. He had the room set up exactly as I imagined. The food was delicious, the grounds made for great photos, and the bartenders were so quick to serve. Highly recommended!!

Julie · Married on 07/07/2017

My husband and I got married in the Devonshire Room at Chevy Chase Country Club 2 weeks ago. We cannot say enough positive things about this experience. The entire staff at Chevy Chase worked to accommodate our wishes to make our dream wedding come true. It was a pleasure to work with the office staff, catering staff, wedding day planner, bartenders, and servers. Everyone worked together to ensure we had the best day. The venue was beautiful (both inside and out!), the food was delicious, and our overall experience was outstanding. Thank you again to the Chevy Chase staff!

Kara · Married on 06/17/2017

Everything from the planning process to the night of to the days following was perfect The team was so easy to work with. I was planning this wedding from across the country and they were flexible and patient with me and worked with my schedule when I was available to come into town. They eased my mom through the process and listened to our concerns. I would hold future events there.

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2016

My fiancé and I are still about 10 months away from our wedding but we are so excited that both our ceremony and reception will be held at Chevy Chase Country Club! We are planning our wedding from where we live in North Carolina and the staff at Chevy Chase have been nothing short of amazing, kind and flexible with us since we are so far away. We'll be in the Devonshire Room which just finished a major renovation and when we booked we did so not only sight unseen (sent our parents to scout) but also without any walls or floors in the room! Because of this Jan and Wendy were fantastic in allowing us to split up deposits until we had actually seen the finished room and let me tell you it did not disappoint! I had chills when we walked into the empty space for the first time and our wedding was still so far away. The building and land is so historic but also feels fresh with this new renovation. The service has been perfect and their wedding package (while somewhat pricey) does include just about everything you could possibly need on your big day - including a 4 course meal (instead of the standard 3) and your wedding cake from Lovin Oven that you get to completely design yourself. My fiancé and I feel extremely relaxed with Chevy Chase as our vendor even though we're planning from 1,000 miles away and we can't wait for our big day next year!

Amber · Married on 09/02/2016

Absolutely the best place for a wedding! Food is amazing. Staff is incredibly kind and helpful. We are so happy we chose to have our big day there! They made it unforgettable.

• laura

laura · Married on 08/05/2016

CCCC was everything we dreamed of and more. The place itself is breathtaking. We had so many compliments about the uniqueness of the venue. We were in the Grand Ballroom so there was plenty of space for all of our guests but it didn't have that standard venue feel. Jan was great to work with and helped answer all of our questions. The large bridal suite was perfect for getting ready and was another great backdrop for pictures. We just happened to drive by when we were looking for venues and we could not have been more pleased with all there was to offer.

Maria · Married on 07/03/2016

We just had our wedding in the Grand Ballroom a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING!!! The venue recently had face lift. The place has been completely remodeled and it unbelievable. If you haven't been there in the last 6 months - you have to check it out.

The staff at Chevy Chase is very helpful and responsive. Big shout out to Jan Berg, she made this whole wedding planning process as smooth as it could be. From day one when we booked til the day of the wedding, Jan, provided timeline suggestions, vendor recommendations, planing guides, etc. She's a pleasure to work with and always greeted us with a smile. The staff made sure all of our questions were answered on a timely manner. On the day of the wedding, Jorge did a great job following up with us throughout the day to ensure everything was going according to my timeline.

We had over 250 guests and til this day everyone can't stop talking about how great the customer service was, how beautiful the venue was and how everything was well organized through cocktail hour, dinner, and the rest of the night. I highly recommend this venue and I wish I can give them more stars as they are well deserved.

The food is delicious, the venue is beautiful and best of all the location is great - near by restaurants, bars, hotels.

Danielle · Married on 06/26/2016

When i first visited Chevy Chase Country Club when choosing my venue, I thought it was going to be just another country club. But when i saw all the amazing updates they had done I was blown away with the beauty of it. We had our wedding reception in the Devonshire room and everything about the modern (yet classic) look of the room to the beautiful foyer was everything we could have hoped for. Even more recommendable is the quality of service you will receive from the staff. Jan was a dream to work with and ensures that every detail of your event is just how you wish it to be. She was great at answering my many questions in a timely manner and was very accommodating towards any special requests i had. Another great feature is the variety of food available to make your menu perfect as well as the deliciousness of everything. It's hard to not leave a clean plate and all our guests kept telling us how great everything tasted. If you're looking for glamor, sophistication and high quality in your venue...look no further. Chevy Chase C.C. has everything you need and more to make your wedding one you will never forget.

Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2015

We had our wedding reception at Chevy Chase and they were wonderful! The ballroom is beautiful, the staff is incredibly friendly & helpful and accommodated everything we needed. Our wedding was a dream come true and we are so happy we chose Chevy Chase for the reception!

Holly · Married on 08/01/2015

Very friendly and accommodating! We worked with Jan and Wendy, Walton, the head chef, Rafel, the banquet supervisor, Nate, our bartender! We literally had no glitches or problems working with these wonderful people! We highly recommend ChevyChase Country Club for any wedding!

Emily · Married on 08/01/2015

I cannot express how happy I am that my husband and I found Chevy Chase and booked them for our wedding this past August. Jane, Wendy, Walt, and James were beyond wonderful to work with. From our very first meeting I knew it was the right place. Jan made us feel so welcomed and answered all of our questions. We never once felt pressured to make any decisions we weren't ready to. We booked the newly renovated Devonshire room and all of our guests still talk about how beautiful it was. Our photos were also absolutely gorgeous from the Devonshire room and outside. I believe the staff makes this place so special. Walt and James really made the night memorable with the amazing food and drink provided and Jan and Wendy work so hard to make each couple feel like they are a priority. You can really tell how dedicated they all are. Walt himself even took the time to help put a special touch on our head table decorations right before everyone got to see the room. It was all beyond my expectation. To me that means a lot that they all take such care in making the night perfect. This place was wonderful and I would recommend them to anyone!

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Chevy Chase. The ceremony was outside and the reception was in the Grand Ballroom. The wedding turned out absolutely perfect, due in large part to how wonderful Chevy Chase and their amazing staff were. The venue is amazing, great for anyone looking to host a great party with their large bar and bar area. Also, the patio area for the ceremony was beautiful. While the venue itself is fantastic, the staff were the real reason the venue is so phenomenal. They were so attentive to us before the wedding and couldn't have been more wonderful the day of the wedding. I highly recommend Chevy Chase (and all their staff!!) for your wedding!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/18/2015

Beautiful and unique venue with amazing food and a wonderful staff!! As a bride you are always worried about getting enough to eat on your wedding night, but the staff was so attentive I was actually able to finish my dinner and there was someone always there to refresh my drink. Food was delicious, got so many compliments on the prime rib and au gratin potatoes. Overall a pleasure to work with Wendy, Jan, James, and the Chef. They were very flexible, and always quickly responded to my e-mails and requests.

Erin · Married on 03/21/2015

We had our ceremony and reception here... Words can't even describe how satisfied we were. Jan planned with us down to the very detail, James helped us get one of our favorite beers on tap, and Walter made the most delicious food we had ever tasted! Not only was Chevy Chase very flexible to allow us to get and do whatever we needed, but they were there with us every step of the way. Our wedding ran so smoothly from start to finish and our guests had a great time. The bartenders were quick to serve, and personable to the guests. The servers were accommodating and polite. This place is perfect to have your ceremony and reception... The outdoor area is beautiful but even if you get married inside its the perfect backdrop for pictures. The bridesroom was also another big perk!! We spent a lot of time there during the day and they nice big sofas, huge mirrors, a cute little fireplace setup, and even stalls for bathrooms! The bridal suite had snacks and champagne , and we even had some of our appetizers sent up there in case we missed them during cocktail hour. The horseshoe shaped bar was also a great area for our guests to hang out in ! They were so many good things about this venue... I cant imagine getting married somewhere else. (Several of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! ) I would highly recommend the bartenders, the servers, and most importantly - Chef Walter. If you want a wedding thats in the perfect location to great hotels, with fantastic staff, a beautiful indoor and outdoor setup, a great horeshoe shaped bar, awesome vintage looking ballroom, a spacious bridal suite, with mouth watering food ... This is your place!! Chevy Chase made our day better than we could've imagined. Thank you guys!

• User3195633 · 2+ years ago

We just had our wedding at Chevy Chase a few days ago. The first thing I wanted to do was write a review because of how amazing everything was. Jan, Wendy, Walt and Joe were all great to work with! It was the most reasonable/best value venue we looked at. The Grand Ballroom is absolutely beautiful and unique. We got so many complements from our guests about the room, the food, the service, you name it and it was perfect! Choosing Chevy Chase was the best decision we made!

Jan and Wendy were phenomenal! I gave them my budget and what I needed within my budget and they made it work. They bent over backwards and when a mistake was made it was fixed promptly and professionally.
    We had a morning wedding and everyone couldn't get over how gorgeous this venue was!! My now husband and I couldn't recommend this place more! Go check this place out and say Aaron and melissa sent you! You won't regret having your special day!!!!

melissa · Married on 11/09/2014

They were phenomenal. Jan and Wendy know how to treat a couple especially ones who are on a budget. they were understanding and worked with what we had which was not a lot.

They made our wedding very special and memorable.

We highly recommend them for all your wedding needs for ceremony and reception!