19 Reviews for Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock

Specialty Wine (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
19 Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock Reviews

We recently had our son and daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner in the Evergreen Room at Chetola. What an awesome experience!! From accommodations, to staff, to food and beverage, it was the best! We will definitely have a return visit to this beautiful place.

Profile Picture Karen, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carey was wonderful to work with most of our contact was through Email or telephone since I was an out of town bride. Beautiful setting for a wedding - I don't know anything about the resort side as we stayed off site.

Profile Picture Carol, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

We hosted our son's rehearsal dinner at the Arbor at Chetola.
It was an INCREDIBLE venue for a casual, elegant party. Carey, the wedding event specialist, did a superb job. VERY thoughtful, professional, responsive and responsible. She helped us plan a wonderful event. The event staff then carried out her plans perfectly. The bar and wait staff were friendly, polite and efficient, The food was delicious. Hot food was hot, cold food was cold. That sounds trite, but at an outdoor event, not always so easily accomplished.
We could not be any happier with the results. Thank you, Carey, Sarah and all the staff at Chetola.

Profile Picture bill, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful! If we had to do it again, we would definitely do it there!

Profile Picture Valerie, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

After exploring a couple of venues in the High Country area, we determined that Chetola was the right fit for us. I am so thrilled that we made that decision because Kara was incredible! She was so laid back and flexible but also professional and organized. She led us through every step of planning a wedding at Chetola and happily answered all of our (sometimes repetitive) questions. Even though Hurricane Matthew put a damper on our wedding day, it was so perfect thanks to the commitment, professionalism, and experience of the Chetola team.

Kara carved time out of her schedule to meet with us on more than one occasion and sat with us during our tasting, taking note of our likes and dislikes. The chef was willing to adjust certain items on the menu we wanted slightly altered and even the special events bar and menu were able to be altered to meet our needs! She had so many helpful tips and gave us insightful ideas for our wedding day. We truly couldn't have made it through this process without her!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

My husband and I got married on Sept. 6th, 2015 at chetola on the lawn under the willow tree with the gazebo as the bar and the reception under the tent. First the staff is great working with you thru the whole process! Second- its a gorgeous setting- you get to have the whole peninsula along with all the linens, silverware, etc they provide as part of rental cost. Third- I can't say enough about Kara- she is wonderful- she coordinates everything you want for wedding for chetola- she is fantastic. She also helped my sister through a shower and helped me with doing my rehearsal as a lunch! The food is top notch and the service and staff is great!!! Can't say enough about them!

Profile Picture Dawn, 9/6/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Tables, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

A huge thank you to the Chetola Resort for our Fall outdoor wedding event. It was absolutely beautiful! Despite the rain, Kara, Wedding & Events Director, and staff quickly set up an amazing tent ceremony & reception. The tent walls were pulled back and the rain stopped providing us with a colorful backdrop for pictures. This was a destination wedding and the accommodations, Timberlake pub& restaurant provisions, spa services and wedding activities were skillfully orchestrated by a caring staff. Our family & friends, traveling from several different east coast locations, all enjoyed a NC Mountain weekend along with our beautiful wedding!

Profile Picture C, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wow! I have been dreaming of our wedding day for quite some time. As soon as Christopher proposed, we knew we would choose Chetola as our wedding venue - no questions asked, it just felt right! It certainly did not disappoint and I wish we could relive the day over and over again. The quality of service is unmatched and it was truly the best experience possible.

My family and I were fortunate enough to arrive the Wednesday before the wedding, which allowed us some time to enjoy Blowing Rock and relax. We started off the week with dinner at Timberlake's (Steak on the Lake), it set the tone for a wonderful wedding weekend!

We not only had the bridal luncheon, rehearsal, wedding ceremony and reception, we also hosted a 90th birthday celebration for my grandma that Sunday morning. Each and every event my family and I felt taken care of and if there was anything we needed, our wishes were always granted. Not to mention, the food was amazing.

Of course, all of this wouldn't be true if it weren't for Kara Miller. She truly deserves so much more than a simple praise. She was W O N D E R F U L - no question I had ever went unanswered and no matter how busy she was, she would let me know when I should expect a response (communication is key when planning a wedding and she always made me feel at ease). She was so kind, positive, and truly a joy to work with. She, and Chetola, went above and beyond on many counts to ensure we were all happy.

For example, Kara, and the staff at Chetola, recognized an issue earlier in the week but before even mentioning it to Christoper and myself they had a resolution - that is truly the definition of customer service.

I truly can not say enough about Chetola, it was a dream and we are forever thankful!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/4/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's hard to put into words how amazing our experience with Chetola was. From the time we went to first see the space, until the end of our reception, the staff at Chetola continued to "wow" me. Kara deserves her own special shout out - I can't imagine working with anyone else for our wedding. Coming from years in the hospitality industry, I can be a little picky about the service at other resorts, and I can honestly say that I was never disappointed. Kara was continuously prompt in responding to every email I sent (and there were a lot!), and was never anything less than pleasant and accommodating. We will definitely be back for our anniversaries!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chetola Resort and Spa was our top pick for my daughter's wedding, and we were so happy we held it there! The setting is stunning, the staff responsive and accommodating, the food delicious. Our out of town guests stayed at the resort and everyone loved it. Kara Miller, the event coordinator, was fantastic, guiding us through the process. Any request I made, she said "yes". Any question I had, she found the answer. I think they even arranged the perfect weather for us!
It was so convenient to be able to stay at this beautiful resort and just walk to anywhere you needed to be, and have the whole family there with us. We could not have asked for better service for our perfect day!

Profile Picture Diana, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chetola was the perfect place to have a wedding! Of course the location is geogous with the lake and well maintained landscape, but the staff was wonderful to work with as well. Jessica was really responsive to every question and request that we had.

The food was delicious! Definitely not wedding food. The staff was super friendly and very helpful when we had questions or needed anything. They also make sure everything is set up and clean up afterwards so we didn't have to worry about any of that. They even provided some tables for the ceremony and a ladder so we could hang stuff in the tent.

Our only negative comment is that there wasn't a special discount for our guests.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/14/13, 6 Reviews
1.9

Chetola is a beautiful venue to have your wedding! Just be prepared to do EVERYTHING yourself. The wedding coordinator is not a "people person" and is very unhelpful. She is also not required to be there at your wedding so if anything goes wrong, you are on your own. Our food order for the reception was messed up and we ran out of food. Plates were not cleared and dips, etc. were not replenished after the first round. When we brought this to Chetola's attention after the fact, Chetola pretty much called us liars. The customer service was horrendous to say the least. Beautiful setting, just be prepared to do everything yourself and hope you don't run into any problems!

Profile Picture E, 5/25/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chetola Resort is such a beautiful location and Jessica and her team are amazing to work with. Location is breathtaking, food was amazing and service was impeccable. Our fairytale came to life because of Chetola Resort!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/11/12, 2 Reviews
4.1

I think the only thing that disappointed me was that I had reserved a room for myself and my bridesmaids to get dressed in and it was not ready the day of the wedding. They staff did quickly get us into another room, but it was a yoga studio which did not offer the best photo opportunities for my photographer.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was everything we could have ever asked for. The staff at Chetola is really excellent, and we enjoyed getting to know Chef Mike and work with him on our menus. Our only complaint was that we didn't feel informed on the progress of the restaurant/food options. The restaurant had a fire shortly after we signed our venue contract and was not fully functional again until after our wedding. Everything ended up great, as our food for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception were awesome! Kudos to Chef Mike and all of the staff at Chetola. However, it was difficult to get all of the info on the progress of the restaurant and exactly what our food options were. Overall, Chetola is an incredible place to get married, and we would highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/9/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Party Supplies

Jessica Clearwater is the go to person there for your wedding. She was very helpful and always was there to answer any questions.

Profile Picture Amber, 10/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chetola is a wonderful place to have a wedding! We had an outside ceremony with a tented reception by the lake. It couldn't have been more beautiful! However, the beautiful setting at Chetola is just the beginning of all the wonderful things they offer to make your wedding not only special for the day, but for an entire weekend! All our guests had a wonderful time and could not stop commenting on how wonderful all the staff were. They also loved visiting the local town, Blowing Rock, the Spa at Chetola, the list goes on and on! The food was also, wonderful and customized exactly how we wanted it. There are also many vendors you can work with to make sure your wedding is exactly what you are hoping for. The location is well worth it! Our pictures were beautiful. If you are considering a place for a beautiful outdoor wedding - Chetola is definately worth a look!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chetola Resort was absolutely the most incredible venue I could have imagined! It was over the top-- friends and family are still raving about our wedding. From the exquisite entrance, to the accomodating staff, the delicious food, the hotel accomodations, etc. They met each and every request of mine and truly made our wedding weekend precisely what we dreamed of.
I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the weekend because i didnt have to worry about a thing- the staff was just fabulous! It was the best weekend of our lives!

Profile Picture Traci, 5/21/11, 1 Review