Chestnut Ridge Reviews

Chestnut Ridge 7
  • Taylor

Taylor Moseley · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect all-inclusive venue!

We loved Chestnut Ridge! It was so convenient to have the bridal suite, groomsmen space, ceremony space , and reception area in one location. The sandwiches and mini-pies provided for lunch were delicious. As a nervous and introverted bride, I could not have asked for a more relaxing and private area to get ready with my bridal party. The ceremony space is simple, but that’s all you need when you’re surrounded by the beautiful mountains. The reception area has the most gorgeous fireplace and a romantic country-chic vibe. The patio area is beautiful as well. We wished the weather had been a bit warmer to take advantage of that space! To sum up, Chestnut Ridge is a spectacular venue and run by an equally spectacular couple. Chestnut Ridge was absolutely perfect!

• Ellyn

Ellyn · Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful Venue

We could not have asked for a better venue. We loved the aspect of having a bridal suite at the venue so we didn't have to feel rushed to go from one place to the next. The lunch that was provided during the day was wonderful, and Taylor was sweet to check in on us. We have received more compliments about the venue. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Ellyn: you made our day (: thank you for your sweet words and we so much enjoyed working with you too!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Mazzarella · Married on 10/20/2018

Mother of the bride

Chestnut Ridge is a gorgeous venue and is just outside of Asheville. Our daughter chose to have her service at the Basilica of Saint Lawrence so we bussed our guests up to this venue for the wedding reception but you can get married here too! This venue is spectacular with gorgeous grounds and breathtaking views surrounding you at every turn . We could not of been happier with Taylor’s vision for this place. Our happy hour was outside on the porch and on the back terrace. Fireplace and fire pits set the ambience. Inside is a beautiful stone fireplace as well as a stone bar with built in beer taps. A beautiful bridal suite and groom’s den too. No detail has been missed! If your looking for a spectacular venue this is it! I highly recommend Chestnut Ridge and any of the vendors that Taylor puts you in contact with. They are of the utmost quality and it showed.

Sent on 11/12/2018
    Chestnut Ridge 13
    Chestnut Ridge 14
    Chestnut Ridge 15

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy ♥️It was such a blessing to work with you and your entire family!! We are so glad you found us, and we got to take part in Megan’s special day!

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2018

My husband and I were married here in September and I am so glad we chose CR! In the months leading up to our wedding I had many questions that were promptly answered by Taylor and her team. On wedding day, the venue was very accommodating and it honestly could not have gone better! The key was selecting the All Inclusive package where the vendors were all familiar with each other and the venue. Their teamwork enabled a beautiful day to flow perfectly from getting ready with the girls to our sparkler send off. My guests were all well taken care of and were in awe of the venue’s beauty as they first entered up the drive. We are so pleased with how our day went and would choose Chestnut Ridge again in a heartbeat!

Hallie · Married on 09/01/2018

Beautiful & timeless

This venue won over our hearts while it was still under construction. However, the dedication of the venue owner Taylor and her vision for it sold us immediately. This venue turned out to be more than we were promised and our special day was PERFECT!!!

The great thing about this venue is how classic it is. You really can either dress it up in glam or dress it down for a more rustic theme. Either way, the venue does all the talking!!! I didn’t worry much at all about decor because the venue and the views in itself are breathtaking. We used the decor closet as well and that had everything we’d need anyways, great deal!!!

I could really go on forever. The bridal suite and grooms den were the perfect areas for our wedding party to hang out all morning while getting ready. And they provided yummy sandwiches for lunch too!! Also, the ceremony pavilion was the most romantic little addition for our ceremony.

We are just still so over the moon with our wedding day and the venue really was the cherry on top! Love love love Chestnut Ridge and will recommend it to everyone we know. Huge thanks to Taylor and the rest of the CR team!!

Chestnut Ridge 16
    Chestnut Ridge 17
    Chestnut Ridge 18

Meredith · Married on 07/21/2018

My wedding day was perfect and Chestnut Ridge is so much of the reason it was! From the first time I saw pictures of this venue being built on Instagram I knew it was where I wanted to get married. I always wanted a white chapel, and didn't want to have to worry about weather. I love the indoor and outdoor capabilities of this venue, and especially the beautiful mountain scenery. It was everything I wanted in a venue. All of my guests commented on how beautiful the entire property was!

Chestnut Ridge 19
    Chestnut Ridge 20
    Chestnut Ridge 21
    Chestnut Ridge 22
    Chestnut Ridge 23
    Chestnut Ridge 24

Heather · Married on 06/24/2018

If you are looking to get married in the Asheville area, don't even think twice about booking this venue! We were out of town from Florida, and the photos of this place do not even do it justice!! I am still getting compliments about how beautiful my wedding was! Everyone was really easy to work with, and I honestly don't even think I could have dreamed a better place to get married :)

Kylie · Married on 06/23/2018

Our venue, Chestnut Ridge located in Canton, NC, is no doubt the top venue in Western North Carolina. Not only are the views heart-stunning but everything the Gregg Family has done to custom design the features of this place make it so unique and one of a kind. Taylor and I chose this venue back in November of 2016 when it literally was just a slab of concrete on a piece of property, but we were sold immediately. If you are looking for a venue that has crazy beautiful views, elegant charm, and is a one-stop shop kind of deal, Chestnut Ridge will by far meet your expectations above and beyond. We did the all-inclusive package where we used preferred vendors that are all like I said the best in the area, we had access to the venue’s decor closet, and we also got to choose add ons to our package of skeet shooting and fireworks, which made our day all the more custom to our personalities. Taylor and Preston are two of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. They are good-hearted and truly have a passion for giving their couples everything they dream of for their wedding day.

Haven · Married on 06/02/2018

Where do I begin with describing exactly how amazing Chestnut Ridge is! From the initial inquiry before even planning a visit to tour, I immediately noticed how responsive and detailed the owner Taylor Gregg was with communication. From the moment of booking to our wedding day – Chestnut Ridge was on top of the game. They are the best of the best. Taylor is very organized, provides efficient and effective communication for any planning, ideas, questions, is so extremely flexible for planning visits, and hospitable in every way. Some huge benefits to us about Chestnut Ridge were the all in one ceremony and reception location, the fact that you get access as early as 9am with both bridal and groom suites (not to mention they are FABULOUS to spend your day of in), it includes chairs and beautiful farmhouse tables (you can’t beat those), the covered pavilion gave us a peace of mind that if it rained it would be incredibly beautiful and stress free regardless, and just how beautiful the venue is period. On the day of our wedding the Chestnut Ridge staff went above and beyond with helping set up, direct guests, checking in with the wedding party, and ensuring that all went smoothly throughout the entire day and night and they were so so wonderful at all of this. We seriously are going to miss visiting this beautiful place so much and miss interacting with Taylor, Preston, and the CR staff because we enjoyed it so much. I’m telling you Chestnut Ridge has it all between the staff and the venue itself, you will not go wrong with choosing to spend one of the most special and biggest days of your life here!

colleen · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough about Taylor and the Chestnut Ridge staff. My husband, parents and I first toured in February 2017 before the venue was finished. We knew that Chestnut Ridge was going to be something special and booked right away. Taylor and the CR team was prompt in communication leading up to the wedding. Chestnut Ridge has truly thought of all details needed on a wedding day - my husband accidentally had mimosas dumped on him at lunch prior to the wedding and was able to take a shower in the grooms den! Our wedding day was seamless - from the gorgeous bridal suite and lunch provided for the bridal party, to the numerous locations to take beautiful pictures, the attentiveness of the staff and their flexibility and ability to help with anything needed. We initially were going to get married on the patio but due to inclement weather we switched to the chapel; Chestnut Ridge was one of the only venues that we toured in Asheville that had excellent indoor and outdoor locations. Best of all, I did not need to worry about any of the details on our big day and was just able to enjoy. I have zero regrets about getting married at Chestnut Ridge. I will highly recommend this venue to my family and friends and wish The Greggs and Chestnut Ridge the best!

Chestnut Ridge 25
    Chestnut Ridge 32
    Chestnut Ridge 33
    Chestnut Ridge 34

Kimberly · Married on 05/05/2018

Awesome venue - everything there was so beautiful from the outdoor area to the small details inside. Taylor was great throughout the process and always responded immediately to any questions. Could not have imagined a better wedding day!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Kimberly, we can't thank you enough! It was so special to us that you selected Chestnut Ridge as the place to start your forever!

Leilani · Married on 04/07/2018

There are not enough words to accurately describe how thankful we are to the Gregg’s and the incredible Chestnut Ridge staff for helping to make our wedding day the best day ever! Taylor was a breeze to work with and communication was never a problem. We toured the property while still under construction and just knew it was the perfect place to say “I do!” Although it was cold and rainy on the wedding day, our guests stayed warm and dry. CR was beautiful and perfect for us in every way!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Chestnut Ridge 35
    Chestnut Ridge 36
    Chestnut Ridge 37
    Chestnut Ridge 38
    Chestnut Ridge 39

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Oh my goodness, love the photos! You're so kind Leilani and we so much enjoyed working with you guys! You made a beautiful couple, and can't thank you enough for the kind words!

Lindsey · Married on 03/31/2018

Taylor and her team at Chestnut Ridge provide impeccable service to go along with their breathtaking venue. They have left no stone unturned, and provide brides and grooms with the most lavish wedding possibilities. There is no denying the beauty of CR. The chapel, the reception hall, the grounds, and the patios all provide the perfect photo opportunities, and the most gorgeous sites for guests. Taylor took care to answer the millions of questions I had, and me feel like I was perfectly at home on my wedding day. I couldn't think of a more beautiful place to say "I do" and more spectacular people to work with to make it all happen!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Lindsey, thank you SO much for the compliments. We had so much fun on your wedding day, and you made a beautiful bride!!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/24/2018

We accidentally found this venue and I'm so glad we did! The moment my fiance and I stepped foot on this property we knew we couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. Chestnut Ridge is absolutely breathtaking with their mountainous view and beautiful white barn. It has exactly the rustic chic feel I was going for. March 24th 2018 can't come fast enough!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Katie, thank you so much for allowing us to fulfill your wedding day dreams! You guys were the best to work with, and we truly appreciate you starting your forever at Chestnut Ridge!

Leaj · Married on 11/18/2017

Chestnut Ridge was beyond anything we could have imagined for our wedding. The facilities are beautiful, the staff is incredible, and the hospitality is top notch. Taylor and Preston did an amazing job with making sure this venue was perfect. We signed our contract for the venue 8 months before the venue was completed and at the time it was only just the beginning of construction. I was a little hesitant at first but they were so great to work with and we trusted their vision. Chestnut Ridge turned out to be more amazing than I had ever imagined and if we could do our wedding 100 times over I would choose Chestnut ridge every time. Thank you Taylor and the rest of the staff for making sure our wedding was a dream come true!

Caroline · Married on 11/04/2017

Chestnut Ridge was a location that as soon as I saw an ad for it, I knew there were no other locations. The mountainside view and the modern style barn is elegant an rustic in a new way that takes this venue to a new level. Everyone at Chestnut Ridge has been so nice and easy to work with. They are encouraging and have answered all of my questions as quickly as possible. November can't get here fast enough!
    -Caroline

Sent on 05/21/2017

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Thanks so much Caroline! We look forward to your BIG day with us!

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

We're so excited to have our wedding at Chestnut Ridge this upcoming fall. Taylor (director and owner) has been incredible at keeping us updated though the construction process and has been responsive and readily available throughout our planning. So far all of our planning as been relatively stress free thanks to Chestnut Ridge's packages and their great list of preferred vendors. We cannot wait for our ceremony and reception on their beautiful property! We could not be more pleased.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Thanks so much Lauren! We can't wait for our first season with you as one of our very first brides!! :)

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

Thrilled to have found this venue! The location is out of this world and the venue has everything I envisioned for my wedding day! Taylor (Venue Manager/Owner) has been amazing to work with, always keeping us updated on the progress and answering all questions promptly. The all inclusive package is the way to go because these vendors are rockstars, I have loved working with everyone! We can't wait for the big day this fall! I feel so lucky to be one of the first brides to get married here! :)

Paige · Married on 09/23/2017

Chestnut Ridge is such a gorgeous place, and definitely one of a kind in Western NC. We've toured so many venues for our wedding and this is definitely at the top of our list. The owners were fantastic to work with in being very responsive to all my inquiries and attentive to my questions, the views are breathtaking, and the setting is bliss. Can't beat all the amenities that come with this venue!

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

If you are considering this venue then don't think twice and hurry up and book!! My husband and I were the first wedding that Chestnut Ridge hosted, it was beyond amazing. I know it was my wedding but it was literally a dream come true. CR was the perfect location to make all my visions come alive. You will not find a venue that is up to par with what they have going on. When I booked in Jan 17' they were still in the process of building the site. We went off of drawings and ideas alone. Taylor did an amazing job at keeping us to date and was on top of every detail. I cannot imagine any other venue that has put so much thought and practicality into every detail. Taylor's vision is what every bride dreams they can have. Our vendors raved that this venue was better than any other, not only because it was gorgeous but because the Greggs thought-out all details beforehand. A BRIGHT brides room, the photographer and makeup artist mentioned how happy they were to not be stuck in a "dark closet". The large kitchen, perfect for any caterer. Our guest were blown away. Lastly, Taylor and her team did an unbelievable job throughout the wedding planning and the day of. She was very prompt to reply to all my emails, provide needed details, and remind me of things to consider. My husband and I could have not asked for a better couple/team to work with and I do not believe there is a more beautiful venue in the US. Believe me, it is a value and will be worth every penny.

Maureen · Married on 07/14/2018

Taylor and Preston have created a magical place. Our daughter's wedding was like a fairytale and nothing could have gone any better!

Chestnut Ridge 40
    Chestnut Ridge 41
    Chestnut Ridge 42
    Chestnut Ridge 43
    Chestnut Ridge 44

Michael · Married on 06/10/2018

We had the best wedding day ever! Taylor, Preston and their team at Chestnut Ridge were so accommodating and helpful, and they have put together an amazing venue for a turn key wedding. You want it, they got it or can help you find it. The venue itself is perfect, I know there are tons of spaces out there and they are probably all very nice, but we can't imagine a better set up. We loved our separate places to get ready, we even had some weather but it didn't bother us at all because of how well planned out the space is. Our guests came up to us all night and commented how amazing our wedding was and "how did you find this place?!?!?!". Perfect day and we couldn't be happier.

Chestnut Ridge 45
    Chestnut Ridge 46
    Chestnut Ridge 47
    Chestnut Ridge 48

Alyssa · Married on 06/08/2018

Chestnut Ridge is breathtaking and it was the perfect place for our destination wedding. Our wedding day would not have been the same without the breathtaking view and the wonderful people.