Chestnut Ridge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Kristen
    Kristen O. Married on 06/10/2022

Worth Every Penny!

If you are thinking about booking Chestnut Ridge for your wedding, DO IT! This venue is worth absolutely every single penny spent, and the owner Taylor and her team are all incredible. If you've already looked at this venue, you know the view and ceremony/reception sites just speak for themselves.

My husband and I made the difficult decision to postpone our wedding due to Covid, and Taylor and her team handled our decision with grace and comfort. Taylor worked with us and our vendors to get another date on the books that worked for everyone.

As soon as we viewed CR over 3 years ago, we fell in love with the venue. Since we don't live in North Carolina, CR's all-inclusive option was the best option for us, and every single vendor was professional and incredible. Taylor truly cares about hand-selecting vendors she trusts, and that really showed throughout the planning process. We had absolutely amazing vendors thanks to Taylor and the CR team.

Our wedding day was beautiful, and we really could not have asked for a more perfect venue. One little story I must add is that, during our final walkthrough, Taylor was at CR planting flowers, and it was in that moment that I knew for certain we were supporting the right business - she truly cares about the venue and the couples who get married there.
  • Patrick
    Patrick L. Married on 04/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing venue and great staff!

Chestnut Ridge is an incredible venue! Absolutely gorgeous up in the mountains. The ceremony space, cocktail space, and reception space are breathtaking. The staff at CR is also incredible as they have great relationships with amazing vendors and make the day run so smoothly. Our planner, Maloree, helped us months in advance to ensure everything was thought out in complete detail. She also made the wedding day run so smoothly as she took care of any issues and ensured everything was taken care of exactly how we wanted (I don’t even know if there were any issues because they were never brought to my attention because she took care of it). I highly recommend this venue and staff to anyone looking in western NC as everything about the day was perfect for my wife, myself, and all of our guests!
    Julia Married on 04/02/2022

Dreamy Wedding Venue

When my husband and I toured Chestnut Ridge, it was clear this was the place we wanted to get married! The venue, the professionalism of the staff, and our wedding planner Kayla absolutely made this a one-of-a-kind experience. I truly cannot emphasize how much Kayla helped me throughout the whole entire process. She made wedding planning fun and eliminated the stress out of it all. She is efficient, kind, and SO good at her job. She made my vision come true and I know my wedding would not have been as perfect if it was not for her! Thank you Chestnut Ridge and Kayla for the perfect wedding. I highly recommend this dreamy venue!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Christina
    Christina V. Married on 03/19/2022

Dream Wedding

Words can't express how blown away I was by all of the ladies at Chestnut Ridge! Head planner (Maloree, my girl!) made my wedding dreams come true! Everything was executed exactly how I wanted it and it was truly a magical day. All vendors were continuously communicated with and all set 30 days out! My planner was there every step of the way and she is a sweetheart. Taylor was also wonderful with communication and Maddy was amazing with anything I needed pertaining to the bar. Chestnut Ridge is a stunning venue and my wedding will forever be the best day of my life!
  • Kelli
    Kelli R. Married on 11/13/2021

Amazing Experience!

I don’t have enough words to explain how amazing the entire experience at Chestnut Ridge was. Our Planner, Maloree, was one of the sweetest most genuine people I’ve ever met and she worked with us every step of the way to make sure our wedding day was everything we ever wanted. The venue itself is breathtaking and all of guests were blown away by the beauty of the location, amenities, and set-up. Every vendor we used (all from their preferred vendor list) was amazing and I couldn’t have asked or imagined better. Every guest said it was the best food and desserts they have ever had at any wedding and I 100% agree! Every single detail was perfect and I would give this venue 1000 stars if I could! You would be missing out if you didn’t have your wedding here!
    Meredith M. Married on 11/05/2021

Simply the best

Five stars are simply not enough. A sky full of stars is more fitting to quantify the perfection that Chestnut Ridge has to offer. Every single aspect of Chestnut Ridge is what wedding dreams are made of. From the breathtaking surrounding mountain scenery, to the absolutely stunning venue itself, and last but certainly not least, the wonderful people behind the scenes working countless hours to make their couples’ wedding dreams a reality. We knew from the moment that we discovered Chestnut Ridge online and then toured in person, that it would be the place where we would start our journey together as husband and wife. From start to finish, and every single day of the 999 days in between, the CR team was nothing short of amazing. Taylor, the owner & creator of CR and all that it stands for, went above and beyond on more occasions than I can count. From carving out time in her busy schedule to have an hour+ long conversation with my now husband and I as we made the difficult decision to postpone our wedding day, to being present from beginning to end on our wedding day to not only make sure our bridal party was comfortable, but to also to help finalize ceremony design details and to help clean up at the end of the night. She literally does it all, and every single effort that she made, big or small, to make our wedding journey perfect, did not go unnoticed. Maloree, our go-to-girl of CR planning, was truly one of a kind and was certainly more than we could have ever wished for. Her positive personality is infectious and made a difficult wedding planning journey (thanks COVID) as easy as could be given the circumstances. Her open communication and her attention to every single detail exceeded all of our expectations and were the reason our wedding vision became a reality. Maddy, the lead CR bar babe, was beyond responsive to our bar inquiries. Her expertise helped us curate the perfect drink selection & made sure our guests glasses were never empty on our wedding day. Our guests could not compliment Chestnut Ridge enough, and clearly, I could go on and on forever about this dreamy venue and the wonderful people who make it all happen. If I could relive my wedding day a million times over, I would, and it is all thanks to this one-of-a-kind venue & staff.
    Bailee T. Married on 03/27/2021

Livingston Wedding

We got married at Chestnut Ridge in March of 2021. It was a perfect day that we will cherish forever. Maloree was so precious and always there to answer questions when we had them. Chestnut Ridge will always hold a special place in our hearts - it is one of the most beautiful places you will visit!
    Ashlee T. Married on 02/27/2021

Unreal venue

Wow! Where do I begin? This place is first class start to finish. They make wedding planning incredibly easy. Picking from their preferred vendors really helped narrow down the selection, and I knew I could trust any of the vendors on their list. Having the decor closet available helped save so much money and really elevated the look of the decor on wedding day without breaking the bank. Maloree is an absolute gem, and I seriously cannot recommend her enough. Girlfriend is on it and so talented. She was incredibly responsive and organized and has the cutest personality probably ever. The venue itself is stunning and beautiful even with no decor. I knew after my tour I HAD to get married there. No other place even compares in my opinion. My guests absolutely raved about the venue and said it was the best they had seen. They truly made me feel like a million bucks wedding day, and I trusted them whole heartedly to execute my vision. They did not disappoint. This place will always hold a special place in my heart. I love the CR ladies. My wedding day was absolutely PERFECT.
    Hunter W. Married on 01/02/2021

January 2 2021

My bride and I planned to look at several wedding venues over the course of a weekend. We booked 4 tour venues and Chestnut Ridge was the first of the 4. We could have saved the gas money and canceled the other 3 tours because we instantly fell in love with Chestnut Ridge. Maloree and Taylor were amazing both were always willing and wanting to assist us in every way possible. They made us feel comfortable with asking questions and seeking their assistance. Planning was so easy and a lot of it is thanks to the staff. When the big day came we didn’t have anything to worry about they took care of everything. Our job was to so up, love, and enjoy. I 100% recommend Chestnut Ridge to anyone looking to get married at a beautiful venue with amazing views and outstanding staff whose sole interest is making your special day amazing and as stress free as possible.
  • Mary
    Mary A. Married on 11/07/2020

2020 was my year!

Covid brides listen up! Your dream wedding can still happen with every beautiful detail you have been imagining. I got married on 7/11/20 and as I'm sure all of you know planning was STRESSFUL. I was trying to do everything by myself and had multiple vendors cancel on me. I thought I was going to have to cancel my wedding but sent a last minute email to Chestnut Ridge praying they would be able to help me out... Let me tell you, my prayers were answered! I talked to the owner, Taylor, on the phone and she was so sweet and understanding of all the stress I had been going through with Covid. She invited my fiancé and I to come and take a tour. Needless to say we were absolutely blown away by all of the natural beauty CR has to offer! Maloree was assigned to be my wedding planner and immediately I knew I (FINALLY) didn't have to stress any longer. Maloree was so on top of everything and I got to relax, pop the champagne and soak in all of the beautiful dreams that were coming to life. When we arrived the day of the wedding I could hardly believe it.... EVERYTHING. WAS. PERFECT. CR put so much thought into the smallest details. Maloree was right by my side to make sure the timeline was seamless and attend to any needs I had. Do yourself a favor and give them a ring. 2020 can still be your year!
    Julia Married on 10/25/2020

Beyond expectations

From day one Taylor, Maloree and the rest of the staff at Chestnut Ridge have gone above and beyond to make our wedding day everything we ever dreamed of. As a 2020 bride, we went through the roller coaster of COVID-19 and as stressful as it was, everyone at CR did everything they could to make sure our wedding was still perfect, and it was! We had the pleasure of working with Maloree as our planner who nailed our style and vision from day one! Maloree is so sweet and went above and beyond on numerous occasions to answer our questions, send us suggestions, and help with anything we needed. I cannot say enough great things about the staff at Chestnut Ridge. The venue itself is absolutely GORGEOUS at any time of the year, Taylor really did think of everything when she designed both the ceremony and reception spaces. Our guests were raving about the venue and location and how gorgeous everything was. We absolutely love Chestnut Ridge and plan to come back to celebrate our anniversaries for years to come :)
  • Alexa
    Alexa M. Married on 10/24/2020

Dream wedding venue!

I wish I could get married at Chestnut Ridge every single weekend! From the moment we set foot on the property (two years before our actual wedding date!), we knew that CR was the place we wanted to get married. Taylor and the entire CR crew go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect on your wedding day! The service they provide on wedding day is out of this world (Taylor even made an emergency beer run for us during the reception - I mean, come on!). So many of our guests commented over and over on the beautiful venue and the amazing service throughout the entire night. Our wedding day was a dream with the dreamiest venue and staff! I truly could go on and on and would highly recommend CR to any couple looking to get married in the Asheville, NC area. Do yourself a favor a reach out to Taylor and schedule a visit to CR - I promise you will fall in love!
    Jan M. Married on 10/24/2020

Perfect day!

I highly recommend Chestnut Ridge as a venue! Taylor, Caroline, and the entire crew made my daughter’s day PERFECT in every way. The service is impeccable, the venue is stunning, and Taylor and Caroline are with you all the way to make sure every single little detail is perfect. The all inclusive package is definitely the best value. It was the best day EVER❤️
  • Rachel
    Rachel O. Married on 08/21/2020

Dream venue

HOLY MOLY where do I begin- first and foremost the team at CR was absolutely wonderful to work with. They are extremely professional and truly put all of your wedding dreams together to make the perfect day. Taylor was such a sweetheart to work with from day one. As a COVID bride who had to push back our wedding 6 days before our original date, I thought this would be a nightmare, however, Taylor and her team actually found dates that worked for every single one of my vendors for a new date. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and I highly suggest using their decor closet for your big day. I truly felt like a guest at my own wedding and the stress of wedding planning was taken away with everything being included at the venue. It's a truly jaw dropping venue and was designed to perfection down to the bridal suite and the grooms den. We had the best experience and had so many compliments from our wedding guests. I cannot recommend them enough and am so thankful that my husband and I got to use their venue for our wedding!
  • Rachel
    Rachel D. Married on 05/09/2020

Phenomenal!

WHAT A PERFECT VENUE!! The staff at Chestnut Ridge are beyond amazing at making weddings go off with ease, delight, and magic. I was blown away by their customer service, kindness, and ability to make all my visions for my special day a reality. So many of my guests said they had never seen a more beautiful venue, and I agree. If you can get married here, DO IT! Such a phenomenal place.
  • Julia
    Julia T. Married on 05/05/2020

The Perfect Venue!

Chestnut Ridge is truly the perfect venue! When I got engaged I knew I wanted to get married in my hometown in Canton. From the moment I laid eyes on Chestnut Ridge I was smitten. The chapel is gorgeous - those windows at the front! The porch, back patio, and grounds are stunning. And the event barn is beyond perfect - from the wooden beams and fireplaces, to the farmhouse tables, to the amazing bar area, to the beautiful and comfortable bride and groom suites. Taylor has truly thought of everything! Here team is wonderful to work with and is accommodating - they did everything they could to make our family happy! Our big day was truly perfect. We couldn't ask for a better venue!
    Christina S. Married on 11/09/2019

Cr is a dream!

We knew as soon as we saw CR online that it would be our wedding venue, and seeing it in person for the first time was unbelievable. Even undecorated, it is breathtaking, and seeing it for the first time with our vision brought to life brought tears to my eyes. Besides it being the most beautiful venue ever, Taylor, one of the CR owners, makes you feel like family throughout the whole wedding process, and even afterwards. She is so kind and organized, which is such a blessing during wedding planning. Every space at the venue is wonderful and accommodating to any wedding size and any wedding vision. Our day was better than I ever could've imagined it, and I am so thankful we picked CR!!
    Melanie C. Married on 10/27/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most amazing wedding venue

We wish we could give Chestnut Ridge more than 5 stars. From the moment we got engaged we knew we wanted to get married in the Asheville area. We researched venues and Chestnut Ridge was the first on our list. As soon as we pulled up to the venue, we knew this would be the place we would get married. The views of the mountains are breathtaking. The venue alone doesn’t even need to be decorated for a wedding because it is that beautiful. You can tell that Taylor did a lot of research when building her venue. Besides the venue, Taylor has put together the best team of preferred vendors. They made planning an out of town wedding so easy. They were always available to answer any questions that we had. They also post so much on social media which was very helpful to get ideas and make decisions on what I wanted when planning the wedding since I was not local. All of our guests said it was the most amazing venue and wedding they have ever been to. They made sure every detail was taken care of and made the wedding day go smoothly. We cannot thank Taylor and her staff enough for the most amazing day of our lives. Thank you so much for everything.
  • Jenna
    Jenna B. Married on 10/25/2019

Jenna -Bride:)

Where do I begin? Chestnut Ridge was a dream venue for us — between the beautiful property and view, their recommended vendors to the owners, we couldn’t have asked for more. From my very first conversation with the owner, Taylor, I knew this was the place we would choose. She and her team were a delight to work with, going above and beyond our expectations. They thought of every tiny detail when creating this venue, and it shows! Thank you so so so much! -Jenna & Ross
    Katie Married on 10/12/2019

Fairytale Venue!!

My husband and I recently got married at Chestnut Ridge and let me tell you- zero regrets! We originally booked this venue while traveling to our home in NYC. We literally FaceTimed Taylor, the venue owner, and said YES without seeing anything in person. Some people thought we were crazy, but we figured if we loved it this much via FaceTime, in person would only be ten times better. It did NOT disappoint. We had 150 guests attend our wedding from out of state and I can’t tell you how many people said “it was like a fairytale.” I also would recommend to anyone and everyone the all inclusive package, or at least to use ALL of the preferred vendors from CR. They truly made every part of the day come to life and they all work so well together. By the time our wedding day rolled around, we both really felt like our “friends” helped pull off our dream wedding after getting to know all of them the past two years. Whether it was Taylor, the venue owner, helping my MOH get a grass stain off my veil( which I had NO clue about until the following day- THANK YOU!), Candace, from Mingle Events, making sure every single detail of the day was planned to the minute so I had zero worries the day of, or Corey (the best caterer ever!) building my dream French Fry bar, everyone made the day beyond perfect and I am forever grateful I found this venue and all these wonderful people to help make our big day so special.

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Oh my soul! You guys are just the sweetest! We could not image a more wonderful couple that deserves that absolute W O R L D on their wedding day. We're so thankful that you chose CR, and so thankful to now call you friends. You will always have a special place at CR
    Meghan Married on 09/20/2019

Dream Wedding Venue: Chestnut Ridge

Taylor has really outdone herself - this venue is nothing shy of perfection! Nestled up right outside of Asheville, NC - we found our DREAM wedding venue. There was not one detail that went unnoticed when crafting CR. When working with Taylor and the Chestnut Ridge family, our wedding day vision became a reality!

The very first time we had seen the venue - it was pouring down rain. Even with the less than ideal weather, we fell in love! We knew in that moment that if we loved the venue this much on a rainy day, that a warm fall day would be out of this world.
    We loved the fact that the girls were spoiled in the Bridal Suite, that allowed us to have our own BEAUTIFUL space to relax and get ready in, while the boys enjoyed the Groom's Den after they participated in Shoot Skeeting on site that morning. The ceremony pavilion gives the feel of a chapel with the gorgeous pews, and is so simple, yet elegantly crafted. The cocktail hour and back patio are perfect spots for guests to enjoy throughout the day, and the reception area is STUNNING!

We loved that we got to bring our family (from Pittsburgh, PA) to our new home in NC. It became a "destination" wedding - if you will. Chestnut Ridge allowed us to bring everyone together, and keep us in one place for the entire event, which was a huge plus for us!

From the moment we arrived at Chestnut Ridge to the time we hit the buses to head home after our sendoff, the day was flawless. The entire staff, including Maloree (huge shout out!) went above and beyond to ensure every single person in the wedding party and family were well taken care of. The team made it such a breeze, and we did not worry about a single thing throughout the day. Thank you to Taylor, Maloree, and the rest of the CR Family who made our wedding day literal perfection! When can we come back and do it again?!
  • Jackson
    Jackson M. Married on 09/07/2019

Unbelievable Venue

Beyond just being a breathtakingly gorgeous location, the entire staff at CR went out of their way to make every detail absolutely perfect for our wedding. The ceremony space and reception hall were unreal in how awesome they were. This was the perfect place for us to get married and we couldn't have asked for a better everything on that day.
    Danielle Married on 08/03/2019

100% recommend

Everything about this venue is amazing! Taylor was so helpful during the planning process and the day of the wedding. She and her family have built the perfect venue. The girls started off their day in the beautiful bridal suite and the guys went skeet shooting on the property. The views and reception space are truly breathtaking.

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle! You all were such a fun group, and you were an absolutely stunning bride. So much fun working with you and your family. We wish you a lifetime of happiness as Mr. & Mrs.!
  • Amanda
    Amanda R. Married on 07/27/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most Stunning Venue with the Best Staff!

Is it possible to give 6 stars? I can't think of a more perfect location to look back on when thinking of our wedding weekend. Every single guest was wowed by the picturesque views and the beautiful details of the Chestnut Ridge. The Greggs have really thought of everything! Taylor made my big day so special and was a literal SAINT having to deal with some post-event items we left behind. Above and beyond doesn't cover it. Thank you thank you thank you... let's do it again for our 5th Anniversary?!

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

You are the best Amanda, and we’re so thankful we got to share in your special day. It was a total blast, and we couldn’t be more happy for you both. And, yes to the 5 year anniversary party!! Woohoo!
    Maudie N. Married on 07/19/2019

Best. Day. Ever.

Taylor and Maloree are in a word, unbelievable. Their professionalism, attention to detail, and expertise left me and my husband in awe. I can't begin to say enough about what they did for us and the level they went to in order to make our day so special. Maloree took care of every little detail and made everything look even more gorgeous than it already does. We barely even had to contact our vendors - she really takes care of EVERYTHING. The venue itself is breathtaking and White Magnolia Planning has everything you could possibly need on site. We HIGHLY recommend Chestnut Ridge. Thank you Taylor and Maloree for truly making our wedding day the best day of our lives and every day leading up to it a breeze. We are so so grateful!
illustration stars