Chestnut Ridge Reviews

Chestnut Ridge 7
  • Julia

Julia Trantham · Getting married on 05/05/2020

The Perfect Venue!

Chestnut Ridge is truly the perfect venue! When I got engaged I knew I wanted to get married in my hometown in Canton. From the moment I laid eyes on Chestnut Ridge I was smitten. The chapel is gorgeous - those windows at the front! The porch, back patio, and grounds are stunning. And the event barn is beyond perfect - from the wooden beams and fireplaces, to the farmhouse tables, to the amazing bar area, to the beautiful and comfortable bride and groom suites. Taylor has truly thought of everything! Here team is wonderful to work with and is accommodating - they did everything they could to make our family happy! Our big day was truly perfect. We couldn't ask for a better venue!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Danielle · Married on 08/03/2019

100% recommend

Everything about this venue is amazing! Taylor was so helpful during the planning process and the day of the wedding. She and her family have built the perfect venue. The girls started off their day in the beautiful bridal suite and the guys went skeet shooting on the property. The views and reception space are truly breathtaking.

Sent on 09/01/2019

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle! You all were such a fun group, and you were an absolutely stunning bride. So much fun working with you and your family. We wish you a lifetime of happiness as Mr. & Mrs.!
  • Amanda

Amanda Ronan · Married on 07/27/2019

Most Stunning Venue with the Best Staff!

Is it possible to give 6 stars? I can't think of a more perfect location to look back on when thinking of our wedding weekend. Every single guest was wowed by the picturesque views and the beautiful details of the Chestnut Ridge. The Greggs have really thought of everything! Taylor made my big day so special and was a literal SAINT having to deal with some post-event items we left behind. Above and beyond doesn't cover it. Thank you thank you thank you... let's do it again for our 5th Anniversary?!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

You are the best Amanda, and we’re so thankful we got to share in your special day. It was a total blast, and we couldn’t be more happy for you both. And, yes to the 5 year anniversary party!! Woohoo!

Maudie Neal · Married on 07/19/2019

Best. Day. Ever.

Taylor and Maloree are in a word, unbelievable. Their professionalism, attention to detail, and expertise left me and my husband in awe. I can't begin to say enough about what they did for us and the level they went to in order to make our day so special. Maloree took care of every little detail and made everything look even more gorgeous than it already does. We barely even had to contact our vendors - she really takes care of EVERYTHING. The venue itself is breathtaking and White Magnolia Planning has everything you could possibly need on site. We HIGHLY recommend Chestnut Ridge. Thank you Taylor and Maloree for truly making our wedding day the best day of our lives and every day leading up to it a breeze. We are so so grateful!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Mollie

Mollie Miller · Married on 06/04/2019

Dream Venue + Dream Wedding

My husband and I wanted a destination wedding in Asheville, and the minute we arrived at the top of the mountain and saw Chestnut Ridge, we knew it was were we meant to get married. Aside from the beauty of the Chestnut Ridge, it has so much to offer. Taylor and her husband built this venue with love and paid attention to every single detail with brides and grooms in mind. With this being a destination wedding it was so helpful to have a venue that had a decor closet, because we didn't have to pack up decorations and bring to Asheville.

Hands down, the best part of CR was the people. Taylor and her team were always responsive and thinking about things that I would never think of. In the 14 months of planning, there wasn't one time I felt overwhelmed or stressed, because Taylor had it covered. We did the all-inclusive package and I think every bride needs this! CR and the vendors have such a strong network that we never worried about the communication/coordination between them all. I highly recommend Chestnut Ridge to any couple because they made our wedding dreams come to life!!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Anna · Married on 05/03/2019

The Most Beautiful Venue!

Taylor has truly created the most beautiful, perfect venue! My husband and I (along with our parents) toured (8) venues in the Asheville area, and when we walked into Chestnut Ridge...there was no turning back. We immediately fell in love! Taylor thought of EVERY detail and the venue alone (without any decor) is stunning. If you want gorgeous mountain views, perfectly appointed decor, handcrafted farm tables, and the most amazing bridal suite and groom's den you've ever seen - book Chestnut Ridge! Taylor was quick to respond, helpful in recommending vendors for this out-of-town bride, and super easy to work with. I cannot imagine being married anywhere else!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2019

The most perfect venue ever

I can't even begin to scratch the surface on how amazing taylor, her team, and chestnut ridge is! Every single detail is thought out and makes for the most seamless wedding day ever. It was the first place we visited and i knew from the moment i pulled in to the parking lot that this was my venue. All the guests gushed over how beautiful the venue is. If you want a beautiful wedding look no further than chestnut ridge!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Selph · Married on 04/13/2019

A True Blue Ridge Beauty

Who doesn’t want to get married in a beautiful, scenic, mountain overlook surrounded by the sweetest, and most talented vendors east of the Mississippi? Chestnut Ridge has it all, the southern charm, seasonal climate, top-notch facilities, and the absolute best all-inclusive team. I could not have dreamed up a more picturesque wedding than April 13th, 2019 at Chestnut Ridge in Canton, NC. My husband is from Nashville, TN and my family is from Greensboro, NC we wanted to meet in the middle and hold our ceremony near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Luckily, I didn’t have to search for venues very long…one look at Chestnut Ridge and I was immediately sold! We called and booked the only spring date left on the schedule before ever visiting the property, sometimes when you know, you just know! Chestnut Ridge is more than just a beautiful venue, when you become a CR bride you become part of the family. I am forever grateful for my all-inclusive team, thanks to you guys my husband and I were able to relax and soak in every minute of our big day, knowing all the details were in good hands. We had the best time with our closest family and friends up on the mountain, and I know that you will too!

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Chestnut Ridge 8
    Chestnut Ridge 9
    Chestnut Ridge 10
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Schwob · Married on 03/30/2019

Above & beyond

Look no further for the absolute perfect wedding venue because you FOUND it. Seriously, Chestnut Ridge is a GEM and was the PERFECT location for our March wedding. They literally have everything covered. Raining? Cold? Hot? Sunny? Doesn't matter because the ceremony location can be outdoors or in a beautiful, indoor/outdoor building lined with windows with an amazing view of the mountains (see pics). Reception can be either all indoor or indoor/outdoor, as well. They've got fireplaces, fire pits, heaters (if needed), and a beautiful patio that can be open to the elements or tented up. They have an outdoor and indoor bar. They have a bridal suite and a groom's den (the den has a pool table and a TV). You can't beat this place. Our guests absolutely loved Chestnut Ridge and said throughout the night how amazing the venue was. Do yourself a favor and book Chestnut Ridge! Thank you Taylor and the CR Team for making our day so wonderful!!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Chestnut Ridge 11
    Chestnut Ridge 12
    Chestnut Ridge 13
    Chestnut Ridge 14
    Chestnut Ridge 15

Hannah · Married on 02/02/2019

Timeless venue

From the time I saw Chestnut Ridge being built I knew I had to get married there. It was truly a dream. The venue has anything you could want, a beautiful place to get ready, a beautiful ceremony chapel and a reception space to accommodate any guest number you could want. I am so glad we choose to spend our special day there. Taylor is wonderful to work with. If your wanting the perfect place that has it all definitely go with Chestnut Ridge, you will not be let down.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

We are so blessed to have worked with you Hannah! You were a gorgeous bride, and the joy on your day surely shined through. So thankful you enjoyed your wedding at Chestnut Ridge!
  • Taylor

Taylor Moseley · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect all-inclusive venue!

We loved Chestnut Ridge! It was so convenient to have the bridal suite, groomsmen space, ceremony space , and reception area in one location. The sandwiches and mini-pies provided for lunch were delicious. As a nervous and introverted bride, I could not have asked for a more relaxing and private area to get ready with my bridal party. The ceremony space is simple, but that’s all you need when you’re surrounded by the beautiful mountains. The reception area has the most gorgeous fireplace and a romantic country-chic vibe. The patio area is beautiful as well. We wished the weather had been a bit warmer to take advantage of that space! To sum up, Chestnut Ridge is a spectacular venue and run by an equally spectacular couple. Chestnut Ridge was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Thank you so much Taylor! You and your family were a joy to work with! Thank you for trusting us to host your BIG DAY! (:
  • Ellyn

Ellyn · Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful Venue

We could not have asked for a better venue. We loved the aspect of having a bridal suite at the venue so we didn't have to feel rushed to go from one place to the next. The lunch that was provided during the day was wonderful, and Taylor was sweet to check in on us. We have received more compliments about the venue. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Ellyn: you made our day (: thank you for your sweet words and we so much enjoyed working with you too!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Mazzarella · Married on 10/20/2018

Mother of the bride

Chestnut Ridge is a gorgeous venue and is just outside of Asheville. Our daughter chose to have her service at the Basilica of Saint Lawrence so we bussed our guests up to this venue for the wedding reception but you can get married here too! This venue is spectacular with gorgeous grounds and breathtaking views surrounding you at every turn . We could not of been happier with Taylor’s vision for this place. Our happy hour was outside on the porch and on the back terrace. Fireplace and fire pits set the ambience. Inside is a beautiful stone fireplace as well as a stone bar with built in beer taps. A beautiful bridal suite and groom’s den too. No detail has been missed! If your looking for a spectacular venue this is it! I highly recommend Chestnut Ridge and any of the vendors that Taylor puts you in contact with. They are of the utmost quality and it showed.

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Chestnut Ridge 21
    Chestnut Ridge 22
    Chestnut Ridge 23

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Thank you so much Kathy ♥️It was such a blessing to work with you and your entire family!! We are so glad you found us, and we got to take part in Megan’s special day!

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2018

My husband and I were married here in September and I am so glad we chose CR! In the months leading up to our wedding I had many questions that were promptly answered by Taylor and her team. On wedding day, the venue was very accommodating and it honestly could not have gone better! The key was selecting the All Inclusive package where the vendors were all familiar with each other and the venue. Their teamwork enabled a beautiful day to flow perfectly from getting ready with the girls to our sparkler send off. My guests were all well taken care of and were in awe of the venue’s beauty as they first entered up the drive. We are so pleased with how our day went and would choose Chestnut Ridge again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Hallie · Married on 09/01/2018

Beautiful & timeless

This venue won over our hearts while it was still under construction. However, the dedication of the venue owner Taylor and her vision for it sold us immediately. This venue turned out to be more than we were promised and our special day was PERFECT!!!

The great thing about this venue is how classic it is. You really can either dress it up in glam or dress it down for a more rustic theme. Either way, the venue does all the talking!!! I didn’t worry much at all about decor because the venue and the views in itself are breathtaking. We used the decor closet as well and that had everything we’d need anyways, great deal!!!

I could really go on forever. The bridal suite and grooms den were the perfect areas for our wedding party to hang out all morning while getting ready. And they provided yummy sandwiches for lunch too!! Also, the ceremony pavilion was the most romantic little addition for our ceremony.

We are just still so over the moon with our wedding day and the venue really was the cherry on top! Love love love Chestnut Ridge and will recommend it to everyone we know. Huge thanks to Taylor and the rest of the CR team!!

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Chestnut Ridge 24
    Chestnut Ridge 25
    Chestnut Ridge 26

Meredith · Married on 07/21/2018

My wedding day was perfect and Chestnut Ridge is so much of the reason it was! From the first time I saw pictures of this venue being built on Instagram I knew it was where I wanted to get married. I always wanted a white chapel, and didn't want to have to worry about weather. I love the indoor and outdoor capabilities of this venue, and especially the beautiful mountain scenery. It was everything I wanted in a venue. All of my guests commented on how beautiful the entire property was!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Chestnut Ridge 27
    Chestnut Ridge 28
    Chestnut Ridge 29
    Chestnut Ridge 30
    Chestnut Ridge 31
    Chestnut Ridge 32

Heather · Married on 06/24/2018

If you are looking to get married in the Asheville area, don't even think twice about booking this venue! We were out of town from Florida, and the photos of this place do not even do it justice!! I am still getting compliments about how beautiful my wedding was! Everyone was really easy to work with, and I honestly don't even think I could have dreamed a better place to get married :)

Sent on 07/27/2018

Kylie · Married on 06/23/2018

Our venue, Chestnut Ridge located in Canton, NC, is no doubt the top venue in Western North Carolina. Not only are the views heart-stunning but everything the Gregg Family has done to custom design the features of this place make it so unique and one of a kind. Taylor and I chose this venue back in November of 2016 when it literally was just a slab of concrete on a piece of property, but we were sold immediately. If you are looking for a venue that has crazy beautiful views, elegant charm, and is a one-stop shop kind of deal, Chestnut Ridge will by far meet your expectations above and beyond. We did the all-inclusive package where we used preferred vendors that are all like I said the best in the area, we had access to the venue’s decor closet, and we also got to choose add ons to our package of skeet shooting and fireworks, which made our day all the more custom to our personalities. Taylor and Preston are two of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. They are good-hearted and truly have a passion for giving their couples everything they dream of for their wedding day.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Haven · Married on 06/02/2018

Where do I begin with describing exactly how amazing Chestnut Ridge is! From the initial inquiry before even planning a visit to tour, I immediately noticed how responsive and detailed the owner Taylor Gregg was with communication. From the moment of booking to our wedding day – Chestnut Ridge was on top of the game. They are the best of the best. Taylor is very organized, provides efficient and effective communication for any planning, ideas, questions, is so extremely flexible for planning visits, and hospitable in every way. Some huge benefits to us about Chestnut Ridge were the all in one ceremony and reception location, the fact that you get access as early as 9am with both bridal and groom suites (not to mention they are FABULOUS to spend your day of in), it includes chairs and beautiful farmhouse tables (you can’t beat those), the covered pavilion gave us a peace of mind that if it rained it would be incredibly beautiful and stress free regardless, and just how beautiful the venue is period. On the day of our wedding the Chestnut Ridge staff went above and beyond with helping set up, direct guests, checking in with the wedding party, and ensuring that all went smoothly throughout the entire day and night and they were so so wonderful at all of this. We seriously are going to miss visiting this beautiful place so much and miss interacting with Taylor, Preston, and the CR staff because we enjoyed it so much. I’m telling you Chestnut Ridge has it all between the staff and the venue itself, you will not go wrong with choosing to spend one of the most special and biggest days of your life here!

Sent on 06/30/2018

colleen · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough about Taylor and the Chestnut Ridge staff. My husband, parents and I first toured in February 2017 before the venue was finished. We knew that Chestnut Ridge was going to be something special and booked right away. Taylor and the CR team was prompt in communication leading up to the wedding. Chestnut Ridge has truly thought of all details needed on a wedding day - my husband accidentally had mimosas dumped on him at lunch prior to the wedding and was able to take a shower in the grooms den! Our wedding day was seamless - from the gorgeous bridal suite and lunch provided for the bridal party, to the numerous locations to take beautiful pictures, the attentiveness of the staff and their flexibility and ability to help with anything needed. We initially were going to get married on the patio but due to inclement weather we switched to the chapel; Chestnut Ridge was one of the only venues that we toured in Asheville that had excellent indoor and outdoor locations. Best of all, I did not need to worry about any of the details on our big day and was just able to enjoy. I have zero regrets about getting married at Chestnut Ridge. I will highly recommend this venue to my family and friends and wish The Greggs and Chestnut Ridge the best!

Sent on 06/16/2018
    Chestnut Ridge 40
    Chestnut Ridge 41
    Chestnut Ridge 42

Kimberly · Married on 05/05/2018

Awesome venue - everything there was so beautiful from the outdoor area to the small details inside. Taylor was great throughout the process and always responded immediately to any questions. Could not have imagined a better wedding day!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Kimberly, we can't thank you enough! It was so special to us that you selected Chestnut Ridge as the place to start your forever!

Leilani · Married on 04/07/2018

There are not enough words to accurately describe how thankful we are to the Gregg’s and the incredible Chestnut Ridge staff for helping to make our wedding day the best day ever! Taylor was a breeze to work with and communication was never a problem. We toured the property while still under construction and just knew it was the perfect place to say “I do!” Although it was cold and rainy on the wedding day, our guests stayed warm and dry. CR was beautiful and perfect for us in every way!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Chestnut Ridge 43
    Chestnut Ridge 44
    Chestnut Ridge 45
    Chestnut Ridge 46
    Chestnut Ridge 47

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Oh my goodness, love the photos! You're so kind Leilani and we so much enjoyed working with you guys! You made a beautiful couple, and can't thank you enough for the kind words!

Lindsey · Married on 03/31/2018

Taylor and her team at Chestnut Ridge provide impeccable service to go along with their breathtaking venue. They have left no stone unturned, and provide brides and grooms with the most lavish wedding possibilities. There is no denying the beauty of CR. The chapel, the reception hall, the grounds, and the patios all provide the perfect photo opportunities, and the most gorgeous sites for guests. Taylor took care to answer the millions of questions I had, and me feel like I was perfectly at home on my wedding day. I couldn't think of a more beautiful place to say "I do" and more spectacular people to work with to make it all happen!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Lindsey, thank you SO much for the compliments. We had so much fun on your wedding day, and you made a beautiful bride!!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/24/2018

We accidentally found this venue and I'm so glad we did! The moment my fiance and I stepped foot on this property we knew we couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. Chestnut Ridge is absolutely breathtaking with their mountainous view and beautiful white barn. It has exactly the rustic chic feel I was going for. March 24th 2018 can't come fast enough!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Chestnut Ridge's reply:

Katie, thank you so much for allowing us to fulfill your wedding day dreams! You guys were the best to work with, and we truly appreciate you starting your forever at Chestnut Ridge!