Cherry Blossom Weddings & Events Reviews

134 | Alexandria, VA

134 Reviews for Cherry Blossom Weddings & Events

• Joseph

Joseph P. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

The only wedding planner you should consider...

My husband and I highly recommend Cherry Blossom Weddings and Events, specifically Alison Golt. Even with a down sized wedding, having Alison as our day off planner (really 6 weeks out planner) was worth every penny. She was fantastic to work with, extremely knowledgable, professional, and responsive - everything you would need in a wedding planner. It was wonderful getting to know her and having her help & guide us through the process. We cannot say enough good things about her and highly highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/12/2020
  • Josh

Josh R. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Alison is the best!

Hiring Alison Golt was such an amazing decision! We found her through our wedding venue, the National Museum of Women in the Arts; on our initial call, we were so impressed by her level of preparation, organization, and detail. In the leadup to the wedding, she found us amazing vendors and worked with them to build our vision for the event. On the day of the wedding, she was just incredible, handling things big and small (including sewing my sister back into her dress). It's certainly true that Alison made wedding planning much less stressful, and it's also true that our wedding was way more beautiful and fun because of Alison's hard work. We can't imagine a better planner!

Sent on 02/02/2020
  • Emily

Emily R. · Married on 02/29/2020

The best thing we did...

My mom and I were fully prepared to plan and coordinate my wedding on our own, but were strongly encouraged to hire a month-of coordinator by our caterer. He recommended Alison, and we could not have been more grateful he did so. When she started with us six weeks before the weddig, she took everything over immediately and flawlessly. I can't even imagine how stressed I would have been without having her; she brought up and thought of SO many details that we never would have on our own that, looking back, truly made our wedding so much more enjoyable. Then, day of, when things inevitably didn't go as planned at certain points, Alison handled everything so well and kept my husband, my mom, and I at ease the entire time. We've said that of all the things we did for our wedding, hiring Alison was our best decision of all.

Sent on 03/17/2020

Nicole · Married on 01/19/2020

Highly recommend!

My husband and I are BEYOND happy that we hired Felicia with Cherry Blossom to be our day of wedding coordinator. We were very hands on with the wedding planning process and wondered if we even needed a day of coordinator -- and wow, we made the right decision!! Our whole day was executed perfectly thanks to Felicia! She helped us iron out the many logistical questions we had in the week leading up to the wedding, put together a timeline that kept the day together, and above all, we were able to enjoy our wedding without a worry in the world. Felicia was a pro and so wonderful to work with -- always very responsive and went above and beyond to make meetings with vendors. We'd highly recommend her and the Cherry Blossom team to any couple!

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Caroline

Caroline H. · Married on 11/21/2019

An absolute dream come true

I was first attracted to Cherry Blossom one month after my engagement when I started to research local florists. I did not love how the resort decor and florals were very cookie cutter, I liked the unique designs I was seeing from them. Better yet, their reviews were amazing. I reached out and received immediate and prompt response from their team. They were SO patient as I asked for things I saw on Pinterest to be quoted and OMG their prices for what you will receive, the Value is incredible. The quality is NOT sacrificed, my photographer said to me "that arch must have cost thousands". Everything was just as the pictures I sent them. The delivery was prompt and bouquets delivered to my room. I highly reccommend Cherry Blossom. Their designs are unique and beautiful, the process of selecting decor/florals was smooth and they respond so quickly and are so professional. The flowers and the arch and everything was gorgeous. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY SO SPECIAL. - Caroline

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Polly

Polly · Married on 10/26/2019

Jamie was amazing!

We hired Jamie from Cherry Blossom Events for our October wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made! Not only was she there to handle all of the logistics on the wedding day, but she coordinated with vendors in the weeks leading up to the wedding and ran our rehearsal. I was completely confident in her and if there were any snafus I never learned about them! She has such a calm and positive energy and I highly recommend her and Cherry Blossom Events for all brides and grooms! Thank you, Jamie, for such a wonderful day!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Kelvin

Kelvin S. · Married on 10/12/2019

Alison is Amazing and Professional

We engaged Alison to help us plan and coordinate our wedding and she delivered beyond our expectations. She is experienced, thoughtful, organized, resourceful, and patient.

On our wedding day, she worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure everything goes smoothly. As a result, we were able to enjoy our day with our friends and family.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Caitlin S. · Married on 09/01/2019

Could not have done it without them!!

Alison at Cherry Blossom Events is an absolutely incredible planner. She was incredibly organized and creative, and her attention to detail was impeccable. From our very first meeting we knew we didn't have to worry about a thing - she handled it all!! She was totally on top of things and took a huge amount of stress out of the entire wedding planning process. On the day of the wedding, my bridesmaids all commented on how calm I was. It was because I knew Alison was behind the scenes making it all happen! She even saved the day after I spilled tomato soup on the front of my dress during cocktail hour - she pinned the dress expertly and nobody was the wiser. We can't recommend her highly enough!!

Sent on 04/25/2020

Sorelle W. · Married on 08/24/2019

Couldn't have done it without Alison!

We are so thankful we had Alison with us on our wedding day and leading up to. We went with a 6-week out package and she was a total lifesaver!!

She kept us on schedule, handled the... difficult.. (you know what I mean :)) people in our group, directed the vendors, and did it all with such grace and tact! She made us feel so special. Despite having all of these other balls in the air, always checked in on us and made sure we were happy (and we were!!). Her eye for detail is paramount. Highly recommend working with her and her team!!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Rina · Married on 08/17/2019

Best Decision We Made!

Having Alison Golt from Cherry Blossom Events coordinate our wedding was hands down one of the best decisions my husband and I made during the whole planning process! My husband and I both have Type A personalities and we had no issue handing over one of the most important days of our lives over to Alison. We did not experience any stress on our special day because we knew that Alison had everything under control and handled. We were able to fully enjoy the moment and that's a gift that we'll always be grateful to Alison for. She impressed us, our parents and our guests. I can't tell you how many times someone at the wedding came up to tell us how impressed they were with Alison. Even after the wedding, we, along with many of our guests, continued to sing her praises. If you are looking for someone to coordinate your wedding, please, please go with Alison!! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Allison

Allison S. · Married on 07/13/2019

Alison Golt was terrific!

My husband and I selected CBWE for our month-of-wedding coordination for our D.C. wedding in July 2019. We were thrilled with our coordinator, Alison Golt, who came recommended by a family friend of my mother. Alison is extremely resourceful, knowledgeable, professional, listens well, and friendly. And boy is she organized — enough to color my Excel-savvy husband and my to-do-list savant self impressed.

Alison proved her worth from our very first meeting, laying out timelines, key decision points, and understanding our needs. She helped us chase our rehearsal dinner provider to lock down a contract after the restaurant went silent (3 weeks before the wedding!), quickly find a new hair stylist with 4 weeks to go, and find a videographer with 3 weeks to go during peak DC wedding season. She also marshaled resources to take care of one of our guests who, an hour into the reception, slipped down a flight of sharp stairs and ended up bleeding quite heavily, without distracting from the reception events.

Even our other wedding vendors commented on how terrific she was to work with. My husband and I would highly recommend CBWE for any wedding.

Thank you for everything, Alison!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • jhp

Josie · Married on 05/17/2019

We love Alison!

Hiring Alison was the single best decision we made in the planning process! Our wedding day was perfect and so much of that is due to Alison's work.

We opted for full planning and worked with Alison for about a year, and it was such a pleasure - she's responsive, patient, knowledgeable, and detail-oriented. From finding us a venue that fit our style, to putting together a great team of vendors, to managing our budget, Alison did it all. The planning process can be stressful, but Alison kept us on track and made sure nothing ever fell through the cracks.

Day-of, Alison kept everything running smoothly, managed all the vendors, even sewed my dress strap when it broke during the reception. If there were problems, I never knew about them - she made everything as stress-free for me as possible. My husband and I were able to relax and just enjoy the day.

We could not have done it without Alison! Highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Erica

Erica G. · Married on 01/16/2019

Best decision we made!

We worked with Alison for our January 2020 wedding and I can say without a doubt that bringing her on board was one of the best decisions we made throughout our planning process. She went above and beyond in every way - always taking the time to talk through things with me and giving me thorough and well thought out advice. The day of our wedding she was extremely organized, professional, and a calming presence for us all. She was on top of every little detail and even though I got a bit sick during our wedding, she made sure we stayed on schedule while soothing me and reassuring me everything would be OK. She is a rock star and I highly encourage you to hire her to make your wedding everything you want it to be!

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Madison

Madison C. · Married on 12/01/2018

Alison is amazing!!

Alison was fantastic to work with to plan our wedding! She was on top of everything from start to finish. Our wedding weekend absolutely exceeded our expectations. Alison made herself readily available, paid such close attention to detail, and made sure everything was executed perfectly on the day of. On top of that, she is patient and kind! If you are considering a wedding planner, Alison is absolutely worth the investment. She made leaps and bounds of a difference in our wedding process and gave invaluable piece of mind in the months leading up to our big day.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing!!!

Hiring Alison was one of the best decisions I made through the whole wedding planning process. She is extremely knowledgeable and goes out of her way to make sure your every wedding day wish is met. Alison and her team take the time to get to know you. She takes your vision and turns it into a reality. My wedding day was picture perfect and I credit so much of that to Cherry Blossom Events. You won’t be disappointed with working with Alison and her team.

Sent on 02/15/2019

Bob · Married on 09/15/2018

Alison is amazing! Not only does she know everything about and everyone in the wedding industry, she is an absolute delight to be around. We hired her right after our daughter got engaged and worked closely with her for almost 18 months. It was the best decision we made. We trusted her to recommend outstanding vendors to achieve the wedding we wanted for our daughter, and boy did she deliver! Floral, cake, music, rentals, etc. - everyone was top-notch. Her attention to detail, her patience and her ability to listen is astounding. On the day of the wedding she handled everything flawlessly. Her timeline was brilliant. If you're looking for an expert wedding consultant who's an incredibly nice person, look no further. Hire Alison!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Kathleen · Married on 09/15/2018

I can't imagine having pulled off my wedding without Alison! She is great! My husband and I got married a little over a week ago after working with Alison for 18 months. She thought of everything, and made it possible for me to plan my wedding in Maryland while living in California. We faced the potential of a hurricane impacting our wedding, and Alison thought of contingency plans and we trusted she would help us have a beautiful wedding no matter what. Alison answered all of my questions, and always responded quickly to my emails. She is also incredibly sweet and easy to be around. My parents agree, and they too will tell you to "hire Alison!"

Sent on 09/25/2018

Kat · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I got married this past weekend and worked with Alison.

It will be hard to put into words how amazing it was to work with her. We had an outdoor wedding with initially no infrastructure, on the Shenandoah River. All we had was a giant open hay field. Alison helped us create a wedding venue from scratch and knew just what vendors could make it happen and which ones could make it happen in the style we wanted. She was creative, efficient, organized, responsive, versatile, and helped us keep on time with decisions and tasks. Not only is she amazing at her job, but she is so kind and caring. We thought the wedding planning process would be so much more stressful, but Alison took all that potential stress away. On the day of the wedding she seemed to be in twenty places at once and her team was just as great. Her game time decision making was amazing and not even rain could put a damper on the evening. We had to move our outdoor ceremony to under the tent, and it turned out so unique. We wove through a crowd of family and friends to the altar. It was incredibly cool and special. We would highly recommend Alison to any bride, groom, and family that wants to throw an awesome wedding and party. My brother and sister-in-law also worked with Alison on their wedding two years ago. It was indoors at the National Museum of Women in the Arts, and it was also an incredible evening. Our family has seen Alison pull off a wedding in a ballroom and a wedding on a farm, so she really can do it all.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Jackson · Married on 08/25/2018

Alison was the wedding planner for our wedding this past weekend, and I really can't express how grateful I am that we used her. She understood how to manage the personalities involved in the planning process, kept our budget from going over, and was extremely generous with her time. She went above and beyond in every aspect of the planning. We never had a single problem that she couldn't solve and she was truly an expert on handling negotiations with vendors. Alison was professional and diligent in responding to the business matters of the planning and simultaneously creative and fun regarding the more decorative / celebratory aspects of the process. There really are a lot of moving parts in putting together a large wedding, like ours, and Alison exhibited not only proficiency but excellence in every single stage. Her full value, however, became clearly evident the night of our wedding. Without her, I'm not sure the night would have happened. There is so much going on that you need someone who can handle it all and yet not get flustered. That was Alison. She kept everything and everyone running like clockwork and managed to also have a smile on her face while interacting with our family, friends, and us. She truly loves her work, which was evident from our first meeting and having her made all the difference in the world to us. Wedding planning is a stressful thing, but with Alison I felt like it was as easy as it could possibly be.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Julia · Married on 08/25/2018

Alison was charismatic, thorough, and creative and made our entire planning process painless and enjoyable. Her experience, friendly professionalism, and responsiveness helped produce the wedding I have dreamed of since I was a little girl. We signed up for partial planning and day of coordination but got so much more than just that. Alison helped us throughout the entire process, setting up our timeline, staying organized, coordinating vendors/negotiating contracts, managing our budget and overall event direction. She even accommodated our work schedules and made herself available at night to meet! We were so impressed with all her recommendations and felt like we had a rock star team behind us. Alison went above and beyond and delivered each hotel welcome bag and bagged/tied all our farewell gifts. She gave us her all and was always available by phone and email. We really appreciated that she could easily navigate family dynamics and ensure that everyone was satisfied. It really helps to have someone on your side with connections and knowledge of the industry. I never worried about anything and was really able to let loose and enjoy myself because I knew we were in good hands. Guests continue to tell us that this was the best wedding they have ever attended! We were so lucky to have had Alison recommended to us and will be suggesting her to all our friends!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Stacy · Married on 08/25/2018

I just had my daughter’s wedding at the National Museum of Women in the Arts this past weekend (8.25.18). It was all managed and organized by Alison from Cherry Blossom Events.

A word to all MOBS (mother of the bride) – hire Alison and let her worry over every detail of the wedding planning process. Alison is truly amazing at her job, and she pays attention to every aspect of a wedding. She is personable, flexible and very knowledgeable of the wedding industry. It helped that she had also worked for the museum for several years before becoming a party planner.

In short, there is no greater gift you can give yourself when you’re planning a wedding than Alison. She answered every phone call, every email and every “emergency” question from the bride and groom with great patience and calm. She knows everyone in the industry and has well established relationships with all the vendors you need.

The day of your wedding, when everyone is a bundle of nerves, Alison is there, guiding you through what became one of the most glorious and beautiful moments with my daughter. There is no better gift than that!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Marissa · Married on 05/18/2018

We hired Alison and Cherry Blossom Events as our "day of" planner, but got so much more! Alison starts six weeks out by meeting with the couple, detailing all the decisions you have made so far, and takes over communication with your vendors. I can confidently say that our wedding day would have been much more stressful without Alison. She made sure everything that needed to happened, happened, and kept everyone on the right track. We're so glad we hired her and would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Scott · Married on 05/12/2018

We hired Alison for our wedding and could not have been happier with the whole process. We initially hired Alison to help us find three vendors and to do day of planning for our wedding. Alison was so helpful that we ended up having her help us find five vendors and she definitely went above and beyond helping us manage things beyond those choices. Alison was always ready to lend a helping hand and made us feel like we were her only clients. She started the process by meeting with us and going over everything that we envisioned for the wedding. We could immediately tell that this is a labor of love for her. She took what we asked for and was able to help make that a reality by finding vendors that fit our vision within our set budget. She worked great with our families and received many comments from them about how amazing she is at her job. Alison was always prompt in responding to our many emails and was able to put our minds at ease by coming up with solutions for all of our concerns. On the day of, we were completely at ease knowing that Alison would be there to manage everything. My husband and I could just enjoy the day and it could not have been more perfect.

Scott and Mahmoud John

Sent on 05/26/2018

Sheri A. · Married on 05/05/2018

alison was absolutely amazing! so professional and so on top of everything. i think we were able to truly enjoy our wedding because of her.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Sheri · Married on 05/05/2018

bottom line- i do not think our wedding would have been as enjoyable without the help of allison
    golt. she was amazing. she absolutely took over and go things done and we were able to relax and enjoy everything.

Sent on 05/10/2018