Chef's Catering Reviews

16 | Rochester, NY

16 Reviews for Chef's Catering

• Katy

Katy · Married on 07/07/2018

Chef's was great from day one! The food was excellent and our guests raved about it! Jillian and Mike were wonderful to work with and will certainly call them for future needs!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Justine · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I are SO incredibly happy we chose Chef's as our wedding caterer! From the moment we emailed Jillian & Mike, we felt taken care of. Throughout the process, they were extremely responsive, answered all of our questions, were very thorough, and just amazing professionals. Jillian went above and beyond and did a site visit with me to our venue about 3 weeks before the wedding to go over the set up, speak with the venue owner, and make sure that the day would go seamlessly. You can tell they do these events ALL THE TIME and are experts at it. We chose buffet style for dinner and the food was fantastic. Oh my goodness - the mac and cheese station - to die for! Our guests were raving about the food!! They were also super accommodating to dietary restrictions, as we had a few guests who were gluten free and vegetarian. Not to mention, they fed our 180 guests probably within about 20 minutes or less (with 2 buffet lines - genius). Chef's seriously is the best and we don't know how we would have done it without them! We HIGHLY recommend them, not only for their delicious food, but for the incredible service delivered leading up to and on the day of our wedding! Thank you Chef's!!!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Katherine · Married on 12/31/2016

So excited for Chef's Catering to cater my wedding NYE! Working with Cathryn to plan our menu has been a pleasure!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

Chef's catered my wedding in October 2016, we had a sit down family style dinner. It was truly one of the highlights of the day. Having never been to a wedding in which they chose family style dinner, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. To say that the exceeded every expectation still feels like an understatement. The service was wonderful, the staff were friendly and attentive to our guests, and people still tell me how good the food was months later. They were a joy to work with and I will absolutely be using them in the future!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Shaina · Married on 07/08/2016

Chefs catered my baby shower and it was one word: AMAZING. I opted for the full-service coordination and had them do everything from decorations to an amazing sweets table at the end- even had six types of cupcakes! Everyone is still raving about the food! I would highly recommend to anyone. Incredible. They really made my special day perfect.

Sent on 07/18/2016
  • User4738517 · event on: 01/18/2015

Chef's Catering has catered multiple parties for my family, including birthday parties, holiday parties and a bridal shower. The food is by far, the best, absolutely phenomenal. My family will continue to use Chef's Catering for future events, and recommend them to anyone in need of catering services!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Carlen · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I used Chef’s Catering for our wedding in October of 2015. Back when we were planning our wedding, we decided it was important to us to have food at our wedding that we could eat as we follow a Paleo diet. Mike worked with me to develop a delicious meal and invited us to his kitchen in Rochester to sample some of the items. It was wonderful to meet with a chef who understood our diet and came up with some creative dishes to surpass our expectations.
    A month before the wedding the event coordinator, Nik, began emailing us daily with very specific questions and follow-up. From the menu right down to salt and pepper shakers, Nik’s communication with us was OUTSTANDING, courteous, and no doubt put any of my bride fears aside. It was such a relief to find that it was a week before the wedding and we had covered all our bases with the caterers and they showed up at the right place and on time.
    The food that Mike and his crew prepared was beyond our expectations and something that everyone raved to us about even weeks after our wedding. The pulled pork, chicken breasts, and wild caught salmon were so perfect on their own but Mike took it one step further by preparing accompaniments that brought out their flavors even more. I noticed that they had been thoughtful enough to provide non-paleo items such as croutons and a cheese blend for our guests who wanted to eat a little more traditionally. That was something that was never discussed and something I had not even thought of but it just showed how much Chef’s pulled through to cover every detail about our special day.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Mike was an amazing caterer. He helped customize a menu to fit my wedding plans. He is probably the nicest guy you will ever meet! My wedding planner Tia was exceptional and really created my vision. I will recommend to everyone!!!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Jim · event on: 01/11/2015

Chef's is a top notch catering company. The food is amazing and really made our event great. The customer service is second to non! Mike and his team do an awesome job.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Denise · Married on 08/13/2016

I placed a big bet on Chef's Catering and it paid off. They were our cater for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding, bar service, week of coordination services and provided our cake. Their service and quality was outstanding! Everyone at our wedding raved about the food, my husband and I are foodies and we wanted to be sure we had amazing tasting food at our wedding, and Chefs did not disappoint. One of our biggest fears was cookie cutter banquet food, and we got far from that. They worked with us to develop an outstanding menu for both our rehearsal dinner and our reception.

I must include a special call out to Cathryn, who was our week of coordinator from Chefs. She was outstanding, she made my experience as a bride perfect. She went above and beyond to be sure everything was exactly how I wanted. We had an unfortunate situation with our rental company, and she stayed until midnight the evening prior to the wedding to be sure everything was taken care of. We also had crazy hot and rainy weather... but no fear, Cathryn worked with us on a game plan and everything was put into place very quick. Her and the rest of Chefs staff did whatever they had to do to ensure everything went smooth. There were many things last weekend that could have been a bit rough to deal with, but I did not have to worry about one thing!!

I would highly recommend them for any event their service and quality is unparalleled! Their staff was professional and courteous and even my guests took the time to comment to me on how great everyone was.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Sent on 01/27/2015
  • User4676553 · event on: 10/13/2013

Had Chef's Catering cater a baby shower and another family party for my family and not only could I not be more impressed, my family sure was thankful I made the recommendation. Beyond amazing food, beyond amazing service, everything was just amazing. I've since recommended them to everyone and their mother because I know their food will change the way they look at catering!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Kathy · event on: 01/10/2015

Chef's Catering designed a menu to our specifications. Food is delicious - guests raved about it. Staff was very attentive and professional. We will use them again.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Seana · Married on 09/17/2016

3.4
      2.5

The team at Chef's Catering definitely has experience doing weddings, and they were willing to work with us on going a little out of their comfort zone to give us the experience we wanted. Cathryn was great at making sure everything was executed as planned, and they even took care of coordinating all of our rentals for us. Everyone at our wedding said the food was great, hot and cooked to perfection. We hit a couple bumps with getting our invoice and making sure everything was paid for, but it all worked out in the end.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Shelby · Married on 06/18/2016

3.0
      2.5

First off- the most important thing when it comes to a caterer, the food! Food was top notch, A+ for the pulled pork, loaded potato salad, and my cousin said the mac n cheese was the best she's ever had! No complaints there! I do think the cocktail hour food sat out a bit too long, as it was close to 90 degrees our wedding day, but I can get over that. I must say that I was disappointed in some of the service: everything was set up perfectly and I believe people's plates were cleared in a timely manner, but when you're paying 25 bucks an hour for bartenders, you expect them to know that wine does NOT get poured into 12 oz cups meant for beer (and get filled to the top)!! UGH. I think they learned early on in the night that we had different cups for wine. I was pleased that they reached out to my husband and I when we were getting low on wine, they actually drove my mother in law to a local liquor store to pick up more, which is highly appreciated and thoughtful. We also had beverage tubs for water/soda that we're supposed to get refilled throughout the night- I don't think they were refilled once. At the end of the night my father ended up taking care of the garbage, was NOT supposed to be his job! Overall my experience was fine enough, and I will continue to eat at the food truck, but definitely room for improvement with areas of service. I believe they also got a new coordinator partway through our planning experience, which I'm sure did not help, but I hope they work the kinks out!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Alexis · Married on 11/22/2018

Unorganized Disaster

Worst expierience ever. Terrible service, food was ok.

Sent on 02/07/2019