Chauncey Hotel & Conference Center Reviews

Chauncey Hotel & Conference Center 5
Chauncey Hotel & Conference Center 6
Chauncey Hotel & Conference Center 7

A. Mirb · Married on 09/10/2019

The best wedding venue and staff

Amanda and staff were so easy to work with and did an amazing job at our wedding this past weekend. I would not hesitate to recommend the Chauncey. The food was incredible and everything was handled so well.

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Gina

Gina Donofrio · Married on 06/01/2019

Our Wedding was PERFECT!

We found the Chauncey Conference Center by chance and it was the best thing that ever happened to us! Amanda is AMAZING! She is a true professional and handled every detail to minimize our stress. The food was delicious, the service staff was so attentive and accommodating, the grounds are gorgeous, we had the most incredible experience. I 100% recommend this venue for your wedding!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Elona · Married on 10/28/2017

We recently got married at the Chauncey and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and venue. The staff are great, quality of food is good and Amanda, the catering and events manager, is fantastic to work with. The grounds are absolutely beautiful so the pictures came out so nice.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Alison · Married on 05/13/2017

We absolutely loved our wedding at the Chauncey. Amanda took such good care of us, down to every little detail, and made sure our day was perfect! The food and service were outstanding, and our guests had a fantastic time. We couldn't have been happier!! - Alison

Sent on 05/16/2017

Eileen · Married on 10/22/2016

We could not be happier with the whole process of havingour wedding at Chauncey. Cathy, Amanda and Mirza went above and beyond to make sure that our day was seamless, personal, and elegant. The food was outstanding, the venue spaces beautiful, and the convenience of having the ceremony, reception, and hotel in one location cannot be overstated. We were blown away by how well everything turned out - we couldn't be happier or more grateful.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/03/2015

The planning was absolutely seamless from our initial meeting with Cathy Geer, a little over a year before the event, to the day of. We were confident in Cathy's abilities from Day 1. The grounds are gorgeous and we planned for over a year to have a lovely early Fall wedding in the gazebo and tent outside, unfortunately, due to Hurricane Joaquin, we were moved inside 3 days before the event. While slightly disappointed, it was out of anyones control, I still maintained my confidence in this venue and staff. Not ever having seen the inside event space dressed for a wedding, I was blown away. What a lovely job they did accommodating our party of 100. We had such a memorable evening. A few notes about the staff...
    Cathy Geer: You won't find a more knowledgable and dedicated Catering/Sales Manager. Her suggestions throughout the planning were spot on.She knows what she's doing, she's done hundreds of events both at the Chauncey and previous venues and she is clear and concise in her instructions and her suggestions because she has seen it all. She knows how to make your event successful and that's why you need her, so trust her.
    Executive Chef, Brian Wagner delivered on my Family Style menu and allowed me to hand craft it myself. He is a talented Chef and made me so proud of the food that my guests were served. This is not your standard, horrible wedding factory food. The care that went into the meal was evident. This was such a happy day and the staff at this venue had a lot to do with that.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Jonanthan · Married on 09/20/2014

My wedding was hosted at Chauncey. The weather was great and the grounds were beautiful. Special events coordinator Cathy was very responsive and answer all my questions and last minute requests in every way. The staff was very accommodating. The gazebo for the ceremony looked great, the cocktail hour looks like a fancy yard party and the tent looked magical at night. I also reserved their historic house for my wedding party for the whole weekend which was very convienient for everyone to stay at one place and get ready together. At night we all sat outside at the house's backyard firepit roasting smores. This venue gave me great lasting memories of my wedding and Im glad I found this hidden gem. Thank You chauncey

Sent on 09/24/2014

Claire · Married on 11/23/2013

Our wedding reception at the Chauncey Center was flawless. We never thought we could afford such a beautiful venue on stunning grounds, let alone plan and execute it in 33 days. We wanted to get married as soon as possible once NJ made it legal. Susan was tremendous. She was extremely responsive and helped plan every detail. Hannah ensured all our overnight guests were taken care of and Brenda, Dora and the catering staff were attentive and efficient. We have received nothing but rave reviews on the atomsphere, food quality, cake and service. Our guests took over the lobby bar after the reception and continued to dance and sing. Our guests loved the shuttle service and breakfast the next day. My wife and I highly recommend Chauncey as a hidden gem, affordable, elegant and memorable.

Sent on 11/27/2013

bernadette · Married on 09/27/2013

We never thought we would be able to afford this hidden gem in Princeton, but after meeting with staff and doing a tour of the site we knew immediately that we had our venue. The grounds and facility are gorgeous and the event staff are fantastic. Chauncey was able to individualize our plans and menu to fit into our budget and fit the visions that we had for our big day. Staff were incredibly informative, supportive and great to work with. Our event was better than we could have imagined and are truly happy that we chose Chauncey House as they made the planning process fun and minimized the stress.

Sent on 10/09/2013

leslie · Married on 08/31/2013

We had our wedding at the Chauncey Hotel over Labor Day weekend. We first visited the hotel in April. The grounds were well maintained and although the flowers had not started blooming yet, we knew the grounds would be beautiful in August. We met with Gary, the primary wedding coordinator; from the moment we met him, we knew that we could trust him to help us plan the most perfect wedding. He was honest, flexible, and easy to work with; he was one of the main reasons we chose the Chauncey Hotel.
    Throughout the planning process, Gary went above and beyond to ensure that we had everything we wanted. He was mindful of every detail and made planning a wedding seem easy. A few of our guests visited the property prior to the wedding and said that the staff was absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond to accommodate them.
    On our wedding day, the grounds were gorgeous! Gary and the staff worked tirelessly to ensure that everything was perfect. Jim, the food and beverage manager, did a wonderful job of coordinating the reception, it was flawless! The bartenders and waitstaff who worked our wedding were absolutely outstanding; the entire staff at the hotel did an amazing job and went above and beyond for us! Our guests raved about the food and the property. My husband and I both highly recommend hosting a function at the hotel.

Sent on 10/05/2013

My wife and I got married at Chauncey and had a WONDERFUL experience despite a rather unusual event. We got married on 8/27/11, the day Hurricane Irene hit New Jersey. The state of NJ was in a state of emergency. All our wedding plans had to be adjusted (location of the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at Chauncey; the times, etc.). Chauncey was in the path of Hurricane Irene, so we had to leave earlier than originally planned, and our guests and ourselves could not stay at Chauncey overnight for safety reasons.
    Planning a wedding is stressful, and you hope things go smoothly on your wedding day. Nothing went according to plan due to Hurricane Irene, but the staff at Chauncey helped make a stressful situation the best it possibly could be. They helped organize all the rescheduling, even booking a new hotel for us and all our guests that had planned on staying overnight at Chauncey. Our wedding was beautiful, the food was delicious, and Chauncey’s staff went above and beyond anything we could expect. The staff were extremely accommodating, helping to make our wedding a memorable experience, which our family and friends still talk about to this day. I would highly recommend to anyone planning their wedding at Chauncey. It’s a wonderful place to get married, and we never felt we were treated any differently as a same sex couple.

Sent on 04/06/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/05/2017

We loved our wedding at the Chauncey! I can't wait to see the pictures from the beautiful grounds. The conference center is perfect for a more intimate setting that doesn't have the cookie cutter, corporate hotel feeling. I absolutely love the look and feel of the building and grounds. Truly a hidden gem!

The only reason I didn't give all 5 stars is because of one hiccup we had: my wedding favors were not put out at the end of the evening. Everything else went so smoothly though!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Lisa C. · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful venue!

We had my daughter’s bat mitzvah at the Chauncey center this weekend. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this place is, the staff is unbelievable, the food was fantastic, the rooms were lovely and everything was taken care of just as I asked. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful everything was!! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Rob · Married on 09/19/2015

Our wedding was held at the beautiful Chauncey Conference Center a few weeks ago and the picture-perfect setting helped to make it the wedding that my wife and I had dreamed about since we began planning it. First off, I will say that the tent that the reception was held in is exactly as advertised. A lot of the time, the pictures of a wedding venue that you'll find online tend to oversell it -- this is definitely not the case with the Chauncey. The tent was beautiful and the setting itself was beautiful and exactly what we pictured when we envisioned our special day.

Between the ceremony, held outdoors in the gazebo, to the cocktail hour in the Brodsky Lounge, to the reception in the tent, and the stunning Laurie House, the picturesque setting truly made us feel like our wedding was straight out of a movie. The food was phenomenal as well. I had heard from friends and family for weeks leading up to the wedding that the bride and groom rarely get a chance to eat much food during the wedding, but I made sure that I ate every bite of our meal because there was no way I was going to miss out on some of the best food I've ever tasted at any wedding.

Catherine Geer, our wedding coordinator from Day 1, was incredibly helpful, and treated us like family. She was always on call to answer any questions that my wife and I had (and trust me, we had quite a lot). Her responsiveness and willingness to work with us to make this wedding the special day we had dreamed of, was excellent and she is highly recommended.

Overall, I can't think of any complaints with the way our wedding turned out, and I'm ecstatic that we made the right choice in venues, because it was a day that my wife and I will never forget.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Dave · Married on 05/25/2008

4.2
      3.0

The Chauncey center was wonderful, the beautiful outdoor venue was perfect for our wedding. The staff was very helpful and kind. Denise, the primary wedding coordinator was also very good, though sometimes hard to reach (not close to the date of the wedding however). The added bonus of having two different lodging options on the premises for guests which are highly affordable ($129/night for the hotel). They also offer great transportation to and from downtown Princeton via a complimentary shuttle service.

Sent on 06/10/2008

3.5

I just got married here (8-10-13) and had a wonderful experience. The grounds are beautiful and provide many great picture taking locations. The ceremony is held by a gazebo and we were given FREE use of the Laurie house before the ceremony to get ready and make our entrance to the ceremony which was perfect. The food was fantastic and many of our guests commented about how great it was. Gary, the wedding coordinator was very flexible with the menu design and enabled us to have whatever foods we wanted at the reception. The beverages were also all top shelf and I think our guests appreciated that. The hotel was classy yet not too pricey and has just been newly renovated. We loved that no guests had to worry about transportation after the ceremony if they chose to stay at the onsite hotel. At the end of our wedding the guests did not want to stop the party and the hotel even let our DJ set up inside their bar area for another 2 hours to continue the party. The staff was all very friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 10/06/2013

3.6
      3.5

Positives: Beautiful, well-kept space and building, friendly staff, delicious food, cozy rooms with very comfortable beds

Challenges: Communication, as email responses rarely answered the question(s) at hand. I recommend communicating via phone and/or in-person as these proved to be more successful. A couple requests were not fulfilled until reminders were given.

Sent on 01/08/2016

3.0

The day of the wedding was seamless, but the months leading up caused a lot of stress. I did a lot of the planning myself, so naturally I had a lot of questions starting a year out. If you asked me to review the Chauncey 2-12 months before the wedding, I probably would have given them 1 star. We quickly realized that email communication wasn't possible, as our questions were not always answered. At one point I was told we would be in charge of set up and clean up until we pushed back and we were told it was ridiculous that we would even think we were expected to do that.

We were led to believe that no other events happen on the weekends besides weddings, so we didn't worry about blocking off too many rooms figuring if we needed more they would be available. 6 weeks before our wedding our guests were trying to book rooms and were told our block is full. Would have been nice if we were directed a little better when choosing the number of rooms to block off.

We didn't taste the food offered on our menu at the food tasting because it was buffet style. It was basically a big sales event and was a waste of our time. Everything served would have required an upgraded package.

The day of the wedding went well for the most part. The grounds were perfect for our ceremony and pictures and everyone loved the food.

The only issue we ran into the day of the wedding was when I went to the room before the wedding, there was a chunk missing out of one of our cake layers. They claimed that it was dropped off like that, but my sister was the one who dropped it off so I knew that wasn't true. Even so, the icing was buttercream and it was a simple fix they didn't attempt or even let me know so we could make sure it was fixed. Instead they were going to leave it out for everyone to see.

Knowing what I know now, I probably would have chosen another venue just to limit some of the stress we dealt with leading up the day.

Sent on 06/17/2016
  • User2026840 · 2+ years ago

1.5

Oh Chauncey.
    The best thing about you was Brenda. She was fantastic.
    Before we had Brenda we had some other woman who was terrible. She was completely unresponsive and difficult to work with.

The day of our wedding, the front desk seemed to have no idea who we were or that there was a wedding happening. Guests had trouble checking in. Several people later told me how difficult it was when they called to reserve a room. Room rates were confused. The wait staff during dinner were slow and inattentive. After the wedding some of our table decorations could not be found. All the extra orchids were missing.

It is a beautiful grounds but severely lacks service and professionalism.

Sent on 01/02/2013