85 Reviews for Charlottesville Makeup Artist LLC

Blowouts (2)
Hair Extensions (2)
Airbrush Makeup (1)
85 Charlottesville Makeup Artist LLC Reviews

I am a wedding planner and coordinator in Richmond, Va, and whenever I have clients getting married in the Charlottesville or surrounding areas, my go-to recommendation for flawless hair and makeup is Charlottesville Makeup Artist. Anne and her team are extremely professional, talented, and wonderful communicators. Their creative process makes it easy for my clients get just what styles they are looking for, and there are no surprises in their performance or in their contracts. See for yourself how beautiful and consistent their work is!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/6/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Anne and the Charlottesville Makeup Artist group are wonderful to work with! Anne is very helpful, responsive, and just fun in general! The team did a great job!

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I'm planning my wedding from overseas, and knowing Anne and her team will be there on the big day is incredibly reassuring. Anne is clear, straightforward and reliable with communication and managing expectations. She and her team are lovely to work with and a very safe pair of hands for any bride.

Profile Picture Ann, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was very last minute finding a hair and makeup artist for our son's wedding. Anne Kibler responded to my urgent email right away and was so helpful in getting Annabelle to provided all the help we needed. She did a wonderful job on the two mothers and the bridesmaid. The best thing is that Charlottesville Makeup Artist comes to your venue, so no need to make an extra trip to the salon on the big day. I highly recommend Anne and her team - they really helped us out on short notice, and provided a wonderful service!

Profile Picture Gina, 5/6/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Eye Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup

The Charlottesville Makeup Artist team was so wonderful to work with...from the initial inquiry to the hair/makeup trial and then to the big day. The team is extremely friendly and goes above and beyond to make the big day go as smoothly as possible while getting ready! They listened to the ideas I had, provided some wonderful suggestions based on their experience, and made my hair and makeup even better than what I had imagined.

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was pretty nervous going into my trial run today since I have had a poor experience in the past being a bridesmaid and didn't know how everything would turn out. I brought some pictures of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like but wasn't expecting it to be even close to those pictures. However, I was pleasantly surprised and shocked at how good they did. They exceeded my expectations in every way. My make up was flawless and exactly how I envisioned it. I looked like a movie star/ model and not at all "clownish" as some brides are worried about. I was also very happy with how they did my hair. It looked amazing and complimented my face shape and makeup perfectly. They played music the whole time and it was such a fun atmosphere for a trial run. I really feel at ease about what's going to happen the day of and I'm not nervous about it anymore. I know my "look" is going to be amazing and I cannot wait for the day of! Thanks again to Anne, Kayla, and Anna for their awesome work and professionalism!

Profile Picture Sophie, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so glad I chose Charlottesville Makeup Artist for my big day! From the beginning, Anne was extremely responsive and helpful with my questions, which made me more confident that I was in good hands. My makeup looked natural but glamorous and held up phenomenally on a day with 95% humidity. The hair stylist matched a picture I showed her almost perfectly and worked to make it exactly how I wanted it. All my bridesmaids were pleased as well. In addition, the artists and Anne were just fun to work with and be around! My one complaint would be price, which started off astronomically high. They ended up working with me on my budget, which I really appreciated, but I still feel like it was pretty expensive. Hair was $90 (that's with a discount) for all my attendants, regardless of their hair length. My mom has a pixie cut and they still charged the same. Makeup was the same price, which I found to be much higher than other places. There also seemed to be an extra change for everything from a custom lip color for the bride to eyelashes at the trial. That being said, we were extremely pleased with the quality of the work that both our hair stylist and makeup artist did and are glad we chose them.

Profile Picture Diana, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

Anne & her team are amazing. Excellent communication, punctual, everything is clear and in writing and her team is incredibly talented. They made my Bridal Party look awesome and are super easy to work with!

Photo for Charlottesville Makeup Artist LLC Review - Photo by White Black Photography
Profile Picture JENNIFER, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Trial, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I couldn't be happier with the makeup artist I had for my wedding & her work! All of my girls looked & felt their best, & she was very sweet & easy to work with. We had an outdoor wedding in August, & all of our makeup lasted through sun, lots of sweat, food, & dancing. The owner, Anne, was one of the easiest vendors I worked with through my whole wedding planning process -- she was quick to respond & was super helpful. Definitely recommend for any brides getting married in the Charlottesville area!

Profile Picture Jordan, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Anne and her team of stylists are absolutely PHENOMENAL. From the moment I walked in for my trial, Anne made me feel so comfortable. Her team worked so hard to capture the look I wanted and did an amazing job. Anne has been super responsive and so easy to work with. The whole process has been such a dream and the easiest part of the wedding process!! I would definitely recommend Anne and her team to any bride!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a wonderful experience with Anne and her team! From the moment we walked in, she made us feel comfortable and appreciated. Her team did fantastic work and really listened to what I wanted! As professionals, they did a great job receiving feedback and adjusting my look to make it look just right! It was a great time!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My husband and I planned our wedding from overseas as we currently reside in England. Therefore, the majority of our communications with vendors happened via email. Anne Kibler from Charlottesville Makeup Artist LLC was extremely helpful and flexible throughout the entire process of selecting and booking hair and makeup services for my wedding in Gordonsville, Virginia. She maintained excellent communication with me in the weeks leading up to the big day. On the morning of my wedding, the hair and makeup artists arrived on time and were very professional as they did the hair and makeup for me and my bridal party of 5. Everyone looked so beautiful and the day was a huge success thanks to the team at Charlottesville Makeup Artist. Thanks again to Anne and the team!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I worked with Yvonne and Anne from Charlottesville Makeup Artists for my July 2017 wedding and am writing with my strongest recommendation for their work! Yvonne provided makeup services for myself, two bridesmaids, and my mother. She was prompt, professional, kind, and exceptionally talented. Each of our makeup was exceptional - exactly to what we each requested, and surprisingly comfortable on my sensitive skin. My wedding was mid-day, in 97 degree heat, and my makeup stayed put and fresh for the entire day! I couldn’t believe it! I so enjoyed having Yvonne with us on the morning of my wedding, and am so grateful for her amazing work.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Anne and the artists that worked with me and my family were absolutely amazing. They made the whole process (trial + wedding day) extremely comfortable and fun. Anna and Kayla are SO talented. Everyone walked away thrilled with their hair and makeup (which also stood up to the July heat!). Thank you for making this aspect of the wedding so relaxed and enjoyable! Anne was also a great communicator and she was extremely flexible in accommodating last minute add-ons. Thank you!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Fantastic experience from booking to wedding day. Anne answered my thousand and one questions about hair extensions and adding on extra people after initial booking. Trial was extremely valuable as I do not wear much makeup. I especially appreciated how they gave me multiple opportunities to speak up about what I liked or did not like - I think this is why my wedding day hair and makeup were flawless. My normally slippery stick straight Asian hair STAYED UP IN CURLS ALL NIGHT which was amazing. They are very knowledgeable (were totally right that false lashes make the whole look and that everyone in my bridal party would want them) and very professional as well as kind. Thank you a thousand times. I truly loved the way I looked on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Elsia, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I just recently completed my trial and I am so in love with my hair and makeup! Anne and her team were super personable and fun and they encouraged me to voice my opinion about what I wanted or changes I wanted to make! Anne is very passionate and aims to make the bride beautiful and happy!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 6/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough good things about Charlottesville Makeup Artist. From start to finish, their service was outstanding. They were sweet, attentive and professional at my trial, and they really took the time to tailor their work to my preferences. On the day of the wedding, my bridesmaids and I looked wonderful, and our hair and makeup lasted all night. They did my hair first, and then I liked the bridesmaids' style even better, so they happily agreed to do mine over again. In the end I was thrilled with how everything looked. Well worth the money!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/27/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Anne is very responsive and always incredibly helpful. Her team made me feel so welcome at my hair and makeup trial. (I even got to pick the music I wanted to listen to!) They really took the time to listen and get my look "just right". I would absolutely recommend her services, and I know I will feel amazing on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Meghan, 4/21/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Absolutely loved my trial session with Ivon and Mariah! They knew exactly what I wanted to look like for my big day and helped bring it to life. Anne was a joy and has been wonderful throughout the whole process. She took notes on everything from what kind of make-up was working for me to hair placement. I'm an out-of-town bride, so it's a huge relief to know I'm in great hands for my upcoming wedding. Can't wait until the big day to see my complete look!

Profile Picture Katherine, 12/10/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup

Charlottesville Makeup Artist did hair and makeup for all 6 of my bridesmaids and me for my wedding day. Everything was perfect and they got the job done with time to spare. Kayla and Hilda did fantastic jobs and were so fun to work with. Everyone looked beautiful and their makeup translated really well into photos. I didn't have to touch up my makeup all night and my hair held its curl even though it is stick straight and very hard to manipulate. I couldn't be happier with how our hair and makeup turned out. The trial that they had me do was also incredibly helpful. It gave me time to think about what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to change from my original ideas. I definitely recommend Charlottesville Makeup Artist.

Profile Picture Helen, 10/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists
4.7

Anne and her team were great to work with! My bridesmaids and I had a terrific wedding day experience with the hair and makeup artists. We couldn't have asked for a more professional or responsive team. Thank you for such a great experience!

Profile Picture User5223170, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Charlottesville Makeup Artist will be doing the hair and makeup for me and my girls this coming fall, Oct 2016.

My mom and I just returned from doing vendor meetings in Charlottesville and spent one afternoon with Anne and a couple of her girls, Hilda and Kayla, and had such an awesome trial experience! They were so laid back and fun and I cannot wait until October to have my makeup done again for my special day :)

Profile Picture Molly, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Working with Anne Kibler was one of the easiest parts of planning my wedding. I never worried about anything and she was always so quick to reply to any questions that I had. She is one of the sweetest people and genuinely cares about all of her clients. I always felt like her top priority. Her makeup and hair artists are beyond anything I expected as well. Not to sound arrogant, but I looked damn good after they were finished! I have never felt more beautiful and ready to have my picture taken, and that's saying a lot because I usually really dislike pictures of myself. While I knew I was wearing a lot of makeup, it looked so natural and felt so light (even the fake eyelashes which I had NEVER worn before). My husband hates when I wear a lot of makeup, but he loved the look they gave me! They enhanced my features without making me look like a completely different person.

My hair artist was incredible as well, especially for putting up with me. I decided to make a change the day of, despite having a hair trial, and she didn't even flinch. She knew exactly what I wanted and made it happen. I was so happy with my overall look, these people are the absolute best and I would recommend them to anyone.

And my bridesmaids!! They all got their hair and makeup done as well. Wow, I should have chosen uglier bridesmaids because they looked phenomenal. They got through hair and makeup for 6 bridesmaids, my mom and myself in about 4 hours, which was earlier than expected and everyone was thrilled with their look!

If you are planning your wedding anywhere in Virginia, this is the company you want to go with!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/9/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I just had my trial with Anne and her team and I was so happy with how my hair and make up turned out! They made me feel so comfortable and they definitely achieved the look I wanted. The trial helped me relax and look forward to my wedding day even more now that I know I am going to have such a great team of ladies helping me and my girls get ready.

POST-WEDDING UPDATE: I cannot thank Charlottesville Makeup Artist's team enough! They did such a good job on my wedding day! I had quite the wedding crew - 7 bridesmaids, a mother of the bride, a mother of the groom and 2 flower girls, all of which got either their hair, make-up or both done and all of them looked GORGEOUS!! Everyone looked phenomenal in our wedding photos and I have the girls at Charlottesville Makeup Artist to thank for that! Note - all of my ladies are all naturally beautiful, but they were able to enhance their natural beauty and made everyone camera ready. My own hair and makeup could not have turned out better. The girls even stayed well past when everyone's hair was done to make sure I didn't need any touch ups after getting dressed. And since our wedding venue was in a rural area with not much nearby, it was so convenient to have them travel out to our wedding location so that no one was rushing around to get anywhere. Having them there getting ready all morning helped us all be able to relax and enjoy our time together prior to the wedding. The anticipation of walking down the aisle was stressful enough so I am glad I didn't have to also worry about traveling on my wedding day. I am forever grateful for them and I would highly recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/1/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Anne and her team at Charlottesville Makeup Artist are just amazing. I go to a lot of formal events and am used to updos, but Hilda is one of the best I have worked with. Very friendly, very professional, fabulous job. I can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture User7099494, 1+ year ago, 1 Review