112 Reviews for The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA)

User Photos
Rehearsal (3)
Single Religion (2)
Baptist (2)
Agnostic (1)

My husband and I had a New Year's Eve (12/31/2017) ceremony at a friends studio. She came highly recommended for this event and I am very thankful for the recommendation. She provided a questionnaire for us to complete and her website answered a lot of my questions ahead of time. We exchanged texts a few times and we also could have Skyped, met in person or talked over the phone, if needed. She provided the ceremony details ahead of time and my family felt the words were exactly meant for us. The delivery of the wedding was superb.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 9/23/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Civil Union, Baptist

We lived in Nashville, and we always wanted to get married to DC and Starlene made everything so easy to plan and process. Thank you so much! You made our DIY wedding experience amazing!!!
-Dione & Chris

Photo for The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA) Review
Profile Picture Dione, 6/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Had an awesome experience with Rev. Burns. She was extremely accommodating of our needs and interests. The ceremony prepared and officiated by her was simple and beautiful. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Alejandro, 1/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Burns was excellent! She was attentive and thoughtful. She helped us design a ceremony that was perfect for us. She also was a great help during the rehearsal and we were to stay on point and finished on time.

Profile Picture Monica, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed, Rehearsal, Civil Union

Rev. Burns was absolutely amazing. She was such a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding and surpassed all expectations for the ceremony itself! She worked with us to make it “our ceremony”. Her presence is both confident and caring and put us both at ease. So many of our guests came up to us during the reception and since the wedding asking about her and commenting on her wonderful ceremony. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Liz, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal

Reverend Burns was absolutely amazing. Not only did she help us to craft a beautiful ceremony, but she was phenomenal to work with and the guests even commented on how great she was afterwards. You can't go wrong with her. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Ben, 9/30/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Non-religious

We picked the To The Moon package which included DC marriage license by proxy service and an hour of after-ceremony photo shoot. My husband and I are very grateful for the service DC Marriage Knot offered. Sweet simple mini wedding (or elopement). We wouldn't have wanted it any other way. We also looked at other services online and found that DC Marriage Knot has the best value for money. We ended up getting married on 7/7/17 at 7pm by Thomas Jefferson Memorial. The process was completely painless. We filled in the enquiry form online and Rev. Burns contacted us very promptly. We met via Skype (because I was overseas) to discuss the wedding. We only had to give her the necessary paperwork for the marriage license and everything went very smoothly. All this was done with a short notice (less than 2 weeks). She was fun, friendly, flexible, and professional. We had so much fun during the ceremony and photo shoot.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our elopement ceremony with Rev. Starlene Burns! She was very kind to us throughout the entire process, and she was patient and accommodating as well. Due to fear of being judged by our officiant, we initially decided to do a quick courthouse elopement, but we somehow stumbled across Starlene's work. We were immediately sold when read her story and saw that she was LGBT friendly AND did her own photography. It was a double whammy for us because we also wanted photos taken! She did an amazing job, and she made us feel very comfortable the entire time. We were able to enjoy the ceremony as traditional couples do, thanks to Rev. Starlene Burns! She is also very professional. I definitely recommend her to anyone looking to elope in the DMV area!

Profile Picture Tony, 6/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography

I googled Reverend Joyner Burns and to my surprise I found someone religious who was an advocate for same sex marriage and more importantly LOVE. After reading her Biography online and speaking to her I was convinced that she would be an excellent Officiant for my wife and I BIG day. Reverend Burns was helpful from the very first phone call that I placed to her, up until the day of our wedding. She was on time for our event and she spoke as if she knew us for years. I said it before and I will say it again to those of you who will read this review, "She showed up and showed out!" We were fortunate enough to have her preside at our wedding and proudly support our union. Thank you so very much for what you do Reverend Burns and we appreciate you being a part of our special day!

Profile Picture Dana, 6/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Baptist, Civil Union

Rev. Burns was fantastic. She delivered exactly the ceremony we wanted. She was professional, friendly and all our guests loved her. Highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I recommend Rev. Burns 100%. She was very responsive from the first day I inquired about her services. She worked with me over the course of a few months to customize our ceremony. The day of our wedding she arrived on time and was a true professional. She was even thoughtful of our guests. The weather the day of was unseasonably cool for our outdoor affair and she suggested we might want to consider cutting the length of the ceremony. My husband and I didn't mind this at all considering a traffic accident prevented our guests from arriving on time and we were forced to work under a serious time constraint. Working with Rev. Burns was a breath of fresh air. A true professional indeed!

Profile Picture Ceciley, 5/6/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

Fabulous, support, attention, and responsiveness - a comforting, reassuring voice of experience, generous in spirit and extremely capable.

Profile Picture Pam, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Burns was wonderful. She met with me and my fiance twice before the wedding via Skype, talked us through options for the ceremony and gave us very good advice, and then was particularly helpful during the rehearsal (which was particularly crazy since it involved a large puppy ringbearer) with her warm, calm manner. So glad we found her!

Profile Picture Mihan, 4/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Licensed

Spectacular. Starlene provided us with a very professional and prompt service, helped us thru the process until everything was perfect. 100% recommended!!

Profile Picture Liliana, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I am so glad I found Rev. Starlene Burns!!!! She married us in December 17, 2016.
She made my dream wedding come true, it was one of my memorable and best days of my life. I was browsing the internet looking for someone to marry us and venues and I found Starlene Burns webpage, I loved everthing I was reading, all what she was offering and reading and looking at her page gave me feel good vibes, secured to finally have found her for my wedding.
Rev. Starlene Burns is very nice, professional, chill, cool and caring person.
All my family and guests loved her, me and my husband loved her too, she is amazing and wonderful, helped us in everything, answered us fast and always made us feel happy and secured. Rev. Starlene Burns has a kind heart, she is a good person, and I wish her all the good luck. We highly recommend her, it was a great experience having you in our wedding. Thank you very much for everything Rev. Starlene Burns!!

Profile Picture Estefania, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I am so glad we decided to go with Rev. Burns for our ceremony (8/5/16). We contacted Rev. Burns and explained that we would like to move forward with her based on telephone conversations and great reviews. Rev. Burns sent us a useful questionnaire inquiring about our love story, individual preferences, and specific wedding details. Starlene provided a helpful link to her website, which answered many of our questions. It also set the expectations for the days leading up to and wedding day.

Let’s fast forward to wedding day on 8/5/16. My bride was getting dressed in the bridal suite when I entered the venue. Rev. Burns greeted me with a warm welcome and hug. This set the tone for the evening. I explained that I had no idea what to do and how everything should go due to my nervousness. She kindly told me step-by- step what should take place and reassured me that everything would be fine. Although Rev. Burns had emailed a copy of the ceremony draft- that draft did NO JUSTICE to how she spoke to our AND our guest’s hearts. Not just the words, but also the tone(s) she used. She spoke with so much passion. Our ceremony was truly amazing and we cannot thank Rev. Burns enough. Our guests are still saying how wonderful Rev. Burns was and they want her at their wedding. Starlene held the key to make our fairytale a reality. If you are looking for a compassionate,

Profile Picture tia, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows

She is phenomenal she will make you feel so comfortable before during and after!!! She is such an amazing woman and we couldn't have picked a better officiant!

Profile Picture Kenneth, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Burns was an absolute joy to have as our wedding officiant! She was kind, friendly, and flexible throughout our planning process and wedding. All our meetings were great; she is so personable and really tries to get to know the two of you as a couple. She guided us through our ceremony script and custom tailored it to what made us comfortable. She was also easy to reach, whether it was by phone, email, or Skype, and went with the flow on our wedding day. She is an amazing speaker and I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony! Simply by talking to her in one conversation you would know that she is highly experienced and completely professional -- I would highly recommend her to all brides and grooms.

Profile Picture Roselliny, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

Rev. Burns was amazing. She took the time to get to know my husband and I, and I feel like she really nailed it with the ceremony. It fit perfectly with what we were looking for, and she definitely went above and beyond. We felt so comfortable working with us, and was very patient with us through the entire planning process. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed, Non-religious

We had a wonderful experience with Rev. Burns. Not only did she respond to our email immediately but she was able to meet with us the same day. When my husband and I met her, we knew we were going to have a great experience. She was very warm and personable and we could tell that she was going to capture 'us' during our ceremony. She was very accommodating to our needs and gave wonderful advice for our ceremony. With our wedding being a few weeks away, we were on a tight schedule and Rev. Burns was efficient and timely. She lit up our ceremony and all of our guests commented on how great she was. If you want an unforgettable experience you should definitely have Rev. Burns as your officiant!

Profile Picture User7129284, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Barnes most definitely showed us all the love in the world. Not only did she make us feel like valued customers but she made us feel like family as well. I felt as if she took us under her wing of marital expertise, taught that every wedding has a special meaning and not every wedding is meant to be the same. We had a lot of fun during our Skype counseling sessions and were very honored that she was willing to travel for our big day. Anybody in need of an officiant for they special day REV BARNES is most definitely the person to call.

Profile Picture Diamon, 4/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Burns is a wonderful officiant! She is very detailed and flexible. She is also very pleasant to work with. We told her the type of ceremony we were looking to have and she definitely catered to our needs. We had quite the snafu on our wedding day and Rev. Burns' creativity saved the day. We had a beautiful and memorable ceremony thanks to Rev. Burns. I highly recommend Rev. Burns for your officiating needs! ~S&A - March 2016

Profile Picture User6561547, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My now-husband and I are glad that we decided to go with Rev. Burns. She was prompt in her responses to our questions. She also made us feel comfortable before, during, and after our intimate ceremony. Thank you so much! -Johnny and Roderick

Profile Picture R, 1/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Single Religion

Reverend Burns' thoughtfulness and caring made our special day one that we will always remember.

View Vendor Response