Chapel Hill Carriage House Reviews

Chapel Hill Carriage House 6
Chapel Hill Carriage House 7
  • Shannon

Shannon Mcfayden · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Beautiful Venue, Wonderful Service!

We just hosted my daughter's wedding at the Carriage House. Working with Brenda was a delight, from beginning to end. The whole property is just beautiful, and offers so many options that you can create exactlly the kind of experience you want for your wedding day. Brenda is responsive, helpful and so easy to work with. Our guests had an amazing time and were so complimentary of the venue and everything about it.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Hill McIntyre · Married on 10/20/2018

A fun, beautiful, perfectly unique venue with incredibly kind owners and amazing staff

You know that you found the perfect venue when you find yourself sad that the wedding is over because it means you no longer have an excuse to hang out there.
    The Chapel Hill Carriage House far surpassed any expectation we could have had for a wedding venue. As soon as we first explored the property, we knew it was for us. Set in rural Chapel Hill, the Carriage House property is like a little oasis at the end of its gravel road. As you pull up, you will see perfectly manicured gardens and grounds surrounding an old cabin and the open air barn-like Carriage House. Past the carriage house is a small lake and past the lake you can see goats, chickens, alpaca, and even a turkey. There is a permanent bar between the cabin and carriage house, as well as an outdoor fireplace with seating, and a large area for outdoor games such as a putting green, giant Jenga, cornhole, and more. While we chose to get married at an outdoor open air beam structure called the "virtual church," I believe there are no less than five options of ceremony sites on the property. To the left of the cabin is the owners' house, the bottom floor of which they graciously make available to their couples as they get ready on their wedding days. It is divided into two suites, one which has a bedroom, bathroom, and large living space with natural light (perfect for makeup artists) and the other which has a full size fridge and game room with a pool table, darts, and other games.
    Brenda is the main person you coordinate with to visit and book the Carriage House. She is super responsive and easy to work with. Though reservations are required to tour the space (it is where they live after all), that is far from a burden. She is incredibly generous with her time and is seemingly always ready to answer questions about her beautiful space. If you're lucky, she will even let you feed the animals while you ask her your questions.
    Many couples who have been married at the Carriage House have chosen to donate their decorations. Brenda makes these decorations (and there are a LOT) of them available to her couples for no extra charge. She also has plate, silverware, glassware and some linens available for a very reasonable fee. She is very open to vendors and is quick to provide suggestions if you need them. She paired us with the perfect day-of coordinator, somehow getting the vision of what we wanted for a wedding day as well as a reading of our personalities in just a couple of meetings.
    As far as the day of, I cannot stress enough that this is the team you want to work with. When I pulled up at 8 AM the day of our 4 PM wedding, Brenda was outside with two other workers making sure that everything looked perfect. It rained on our wedding day until just about one hour before the wedding. Brenda checked in with me to see what I wanted to do but in a calm, non-pressuring way. As soon as the rain stopped, her team jumped into action setting up for the ceremony and even using leaf blowers to blow excess water away. Everything looked magical by the time of the ceremony and reception. Her team also worked to bring tables and chairs from the ceremony space to the reception space. They were smiling and so, so kind the entire time. We didn't just enjoy working at the Carriage House, we loved having the chance to work with Brenda and her team.
    This is a space that is beautiful as is but that you can also be creative with and add your own custom pieces to. Brenda has a wonderful eye for things and lot's of experiences with weddings. She offers helpful feedback and suggestions and really takes the time to listen to what you need or want. We have heard nothing but glowing feedback from our guests who loved the space, the animals, the s'mores at the outdoor fireplace, and really just everything about the Carriage House.

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Frances

Frances · Married on 06/23/2018

Gorgeous Outdoor Venue

Brenda, owner of the Chapel Hill Carriage House, was a dream to work with. She was super responsive, flexible and just a genuinely nice person. She and her husband are landscapers so the grounds were stunning - water features, pops of color with lots of variation. We used very minimal flower arrangements as a result. Abe Lincoln, the resident alpaca, made an appearance at our reception along with Rosie, the goat. They had adults running for their cameras and added so much fun to the wedding. Brenda's team handled valet parking and ferrying elderly relatives to the site (we chose to marry in the chapel on the other side of the pond) via golf cart. The day went off without a hitch. I'd highly recommend the Carriage House. If you're worried about the portapotties, don't be. They're housed in an actual multi-stall structure and it looks like a regular bathroom.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Diana · Married on 04/14/2018

I am SO glad I found this place and had my wedding here!! Brenda is so easy and great to work with, as well as her family, staff, and furry farm friends! As a person/bride who has difficulty making decisions, this was the easiest one and made everything after that just come together so perfectly. I couldn’t be happier and my friends, family, and guests keep talking about what an amazing place and fun time they had as well. If we could do it again, we’d do it the same!! The venue and landscaping is so beautiful in and of itself with so many activities for guests but also with such elegance that it is perfect for a laid back DIY couple like us or for the most detail oriented/extravagant! I loved being able to get ready at the property in the basement of Brenda and Mike’s wonderful home. I wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2017

I can’t express how AMAZING Brenda and Mike (and their team) are and how the CHCH is the perfect wedding venue. I met with Brenda over the summer when looking at wedding venues (and I looked ALL over the Triangle area) and I could tell immediately that Brenda was down to earth and loved what she did. The venue is absolutely stunning. There are gardens, flowers, a lake with a water fall, fountains, beautiful mature trees – all of which Brenda and Mike take immaculate care of. She also has a farm with goats, chickens and an alpaca named Abe. You can tell how much Brenda and Mike take pride in their property and gardens. If you want an outdoor type wedding, then the CHCH is the place. They have lawn games (putt putt, checkers, corn hole, ladder golf), they bring some animals out during cocktail hour and there are so many different locations were you can have the wedding (chapel, fireplace, oak tree, etc) and several photo locations. My wedding guests said that this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to and said it fit us perfectly. Brenda even lets you view a wedding so you can see what goes into the set up and how things are run during a wedding. It’s bring your own alcohol and you can use your own caterer (we had a pizza food truck!). She gives amazing suggestions on vendors, seating, wedding flow, etc. I wish I could have my wedding all over again just to spend more time at this venue. I truly owe Brenda and Mike everything since our day was absolutely PERFECT.

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Chapel Hill Carriage House 12
    Chapel Hill Carriage House 13
    Chapel Hill Carriage House 14

Savannah · Married on 10/07/2017

We had our dream wedding at Chapel Hill Carriage House! Brenda was great to work with and a super cool lady. The landscaping and architecture are breathtaking. The restored cabin is the first thing you see when you drive up and really sets the mood. We were married in front of the restored stone outdoor fireplace. That morning, our wedding party got ready in Brenda's home located on the property. We got to relax downstairs in separate areas, which was so nice and convenient. One of the highlights is the animals - Brenda dressed up Rosie the goat as a bride and Abraham the Alpaca as a groom! It was adorable and a huge hit with our guests. This place will always have a special place in our hearts. Can't wait to return for goat yoga!

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Chapel Hill Carriage House 22
    Chapel Hill Carriage House 23
    Chapel Hill Carriage House 24

Liz · Married on 05/27/2017

I just had my wedding here this past weekend, and it was FANTASTIC. I had so many guests tell me that it was the most fun wedding venue they had ever been to. I absolutely recommend Carriage House for anyone looking for a place to get married. Brenda is so nice and so helpful! I can't say enough positive things about this place!! I would give it 20 stars if I could! It's beautiful!

Sent on 05/30/2017

We absolutely love the Carriage House and more importantly working with Brenda. She is extremely helpful with suggesting vendors and allowing us to utilize many different aspects of her property. We are looking forward to our wedding next year and could not imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 11/13/2015

chelsea · Married on 09/03/2016

This venue is absolutely gorgeous...and vast! Our guests (and we) were amazed at how much there was to see. Gardens, forest, outdoor hearth, two ponds, a covered pavilion, goats, chickens, an alpaca, so many lawn games, and the most beautiful grass you will ever see. We had our pick of anywhere on the property to have the ceremony and it is difficult to choose.

Brenda, the venue owner, is absolutely wonderful. She is really the person who sold me on the location (although we had seen none that compare). She really takes interest in getting to know the couples she works with. She encourages her couples to work a wedding at the venue prior to their own so we can see what a wedding there looks like and get a feel for the space and the logistics. I love her collaborative style and getting to know her (and her baby goats)!

Brenda is very welcoming. We were able to visit the venue multiple times to look around and decide what we wanted and where. Tables and chairs were provided. She has an array of decorations she allowed us to look through and use. Brenda is very responsive and has a wonderful list of vendors she is happy to direct you towards. We hired our wedding planner, Lynn Scott, off her vendor list and we were not disappointed. Our wedding was not only gorgeous and fun, it ran more smooth than I could ever have predicted.

Long story short, you will not find a more beautiful location or a venue who gives such personal interest and care to making your wedding day amazing.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2016

Could not have picked a more perfect venue. It is beautiful, fun, and Brenda is amazing to work with!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2016

I have so many great things to say about this venue that I don't even know where to begin. I love that the venue feels so relaxed and it makes you and your guests feel like they can just have fun. The grounds are so beautiful with lovely landscaping and around every corner is some kind of cute little detail. Brenda, the venue owner, was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is very laid back and just a sweet person. She is always willing to help you with whatever you need or she can point you in the right direction of someone who can answer your question. If you're looking for a gorgeous outdoor venue where you and your guests can let your hair down and have a good time, then this is the place.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/06/2015

Best place to get married. Absolutely beautiful and Brenda is amazing to work with

Sent on 06/15/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/09/2015

Wow where do I begin about this venue??!? Brenda (owner) was absolutely amazing and felt like family by the end of our wedding. This venue is part of Brenda's home and my family and bridal party loved working with her and her staff. She was so helpful with our planning and went above and beyond to make our wedding go perfectly. The venue itself is absolutely stunning and I would recommend anyone that wants an outdoor wedding to check out this location. The Carriage house has a lot of decorations that have been gifted from previous weddings that you are allowed to use. This helps with keeping cost low for decorating. This is the best place to get married, and would encourage anyone looking for a venue to check it out!

Sent on 05/14/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Brenda and her staff at the Carriage House. My husband and I fell in love with the venue the first time we saw it and Brenda's genuine personality sold us on the venue. She and her staff definitely want to help make the wedding what the couple has envisioned. Throughout the whole wedding planning process her and her staff were wonderful and we would love to do it all over again with them.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

I loved working with the Leepers at Chapel Hill Carriage House! This beautiful family owned venue was exactly what my husband and I were looking for when we decided we wanted a rustic but elegant wedding. They were responsive and so accommodating when we needed to change the site of the ceremony to another location on the property on the last minute because of weather. They worked with my caterer, DJ and wedding planner to make sure everyone had exactly the set up that they needed and helped me work through all the different decoration options for the event space. Everything turned out beautifully and we got so many compliments on the gorgeousness of the location and the decorations.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Chapel Hill Carriage House is a beautiful outdoor facility - perfect for weddings or other events. The owners could not be more kind, helpful or hard-working. They are a joy to deal with. They go out of their way to make accommodations to make the experience wonderful for you and your guests. I am so grateful we chose to be married here. It was the perfect setting for our wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Kristi · Married on 04/19/2014

The Chapel Hill Carriage House was an amazing venue. The place is so beautiful! Brenda and Mike Leeper were so wonderful to work with to make my day special. I am so grateful that they opened up their place to allow for a day that my family and friends will never forget. I can't say enough about Brenda. She was so helpful and accommodating. My wedding day was perfect thanks to all her hard work. I highly recommend this venue. Also, once you see this place in person, there is no way that you won't fall in love with the southern charm that is the Chapel Hill Carriage House.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Alphonso · event on 07/16/2012

Over the past three years, I have had the pleasure of taking groups of summer camp students to Carriage House Farm. The kids always report it to be one of the highlights of the camp. The time and energy Ms. Leeper puts into the experience always makes for a first rate day of activities. Students who have not had a lot of access to the great outdoors get a valuable sample of farm living. Carriage House Farm not only gives kids direct opportunities to interact with farm animals, but it also gives the kids great stories that illuminate the daily life of a functioning farm. Students learn everything from how to spot and use banana leaves to how to protect chickens from crafty foxes. I still have students from the first camp approach me to reminisce about the goat walk they took!

Carriage House Farm offers a wonderful interactive experience for veteran nature lovers and woodland novices alike. I highly recommend a visit.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Mary · event on 04/21/2012

On a beautiful afternoon this April, I celebrated thirty plus years of working for the state of North Carolina with a gathering of friends, former students, and fellow educators at the Chapel Hill Carriage House. We enjoyed food and beverage on a lovely stone patio overlooking one of two beautiful ponds that are part of this beautiful country estate. The casual yet elegant setting and warm hospitality allowed for the comfortable mingling among people from many areas of my life. I loved looking up from one conversation to see people who I know meeting one another and enjoying the warmth of true southern hospitality. I cannot imagine a better kick off for my retirement!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Katie · Married on 07/02/2016

Their grounds are so incredibly beautiful! It's a bride's dream. The lawn games set the perfect stage for two families coming together, and our guests couldn't stop raving about the whole experience. At our request, the owner was happy to let a few baby goats and her alpaca say hello to our guests! She is incredibly responsive and so accommodating...she helps you customize your setup just the way you want it. She even has a stash of wedding decorations she's happy to let you use for the day. And the area the bridal party can use the morning of made for good times...a pool table and foosball...way fun. Go check this place out - you'll love it.

Sent on 08/06/2016