280 Reviews for Ceremonies by Bethel

Licensed (33)
No Denomination (21)
Agnostic (7)
Rehearsal (6)

Words can not describe how happy we are with Bethel. She created a beautiful, personable, and memorable wedding ceremony. She was such a pleasure to work with and the end product was just beyond our expectations. I would say look no further for a wedding officiant. We had so many of our guests comment and compliment on how wonderful and engaging our ceremony was. By the time our wedding day came around I felt like we had a friend up on the altar with us.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Michelle , 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Absolutely loved having Bethel officiate our wedding! She put so much thought and effort into the ceremony and made sure that we were both comfortable with what was said during the ceremony. Attendees at our wedding raved about her and the ceremony in general! The homework (while I dreaded having another item on my to-d- list) ended up making the ceremony amazing and entertaining for everyone. 100% recommend Bethel to everyone looking for an officiant!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bethel is amazing! Our ceremony was perfect- she had us crying and laughing. She has many different ideas on how to create the perfect ceremony to fit you as a couple. At first it can seem a bit challenging, but just breathe and everything will come together and Bethel is there to help :) We are so happy to have found her through our vendor preferred list. She took the time to answer any and all of our questions quickly and thoroughly. You can not go wrong choosing her, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Megan, 1/25/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Choosing Bethel was one of the best and most important decisions I made for my wedding day. While I had a blast at my reception, the ceremony ended up being my favorite and most memorable part of the day. Bethel was central to creating that. She continually reminded us to relax and enjoy the moment. She took our “homework” assignments and crafted them into the story of our relationship to let everyone know who we are as a couple. It was amazing to be surprised by the beauty of that story mixed with the inspirational words she helped us choose as readings. My fiancé, our families and friends, and I were brought to tears. We had many guests tell us what a beautiful and meaningful ceremony we’d had and wanted to know more about Bethel and how we’d found her. I’m so glad that when I look back on my wedding day I will remember the quiet grace, beauty, and emotion of the moments when my fiancé and I became husband and wife.

As you go into planning with Bethel, you can trust her professional decisions and advice. Please listen to her, and you won’t regret it! I was afraid our ceremony would be too long, but Bethel convinced me that it was the right length. She was right. She also gives great instructions so that you won’t have to think of everything, but you will know exactly what you need to do, whether it’s time to write your vows, choose your readings, apply for your marriage license, or order a copy of your license. It was easy for me to get caught up in planning the reception. Had it not been for Bethel’s work I wouldn’t have taken as much time as I did reflecting on my relationship with my fiancé and fully realizing what our marriage means to us. I highly recommend her. She transformed our wedding and made it beautiful.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jason officiated at our daughter's wedding. He was very professional and well-spoken, and guided the bride and groom through their vows, both before the wedding day and during the ceremony. With Jason's aid, they shared a lovely story of their courtship, and had the most beautiful, heart-felt vows, without being cliche. Everyone commented that it was the most personal and touching ceremony they had ever attended. Thank you Jason.

Profile Picture Joanne, 11/11/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

Bethel is an absolute gem! If you are lucky enough to have her officiate your wedding, you will be forever grateful!
During my wedding planning process, the officiant was a touchy subject! I have never been a religious person and had no intention of a religious Ceremony, but my husbands family had different expectations.
After a couple of failed attempts, we were getting fairly close to our big day, and still could not find someone who fit in with our personalities. Finally, my husband told me to call "that officiant that I liked and always talked about".
By some lucking lining up of the stars, Bethel was still available just 4 months before our wedding (do not count on this for your big day)!
We met her for coffee to ensure that we were all a good fit, and that we could have a Ceremony that fit me and my husband, as well as fitting with Bethel's morals & beliefs. After over an hour of chatting and her getting to know my husband and I, it was love! :P
My husband is not the type of guy who is easily won over, and he could not stop talking about how great she was.
She was able to keep it so personal to him and I, while still including a short reading and mention of God to please his family.
She takes the time to get to know both of you as a couple and as individuals! She asks very in depth questions to help make your Ceremony as personal as possible. You will need to put in the work, but the results are so amazing and completely worth it.
Also, it does not stop at your wedding! She sends you love notes and your vows on your anniversary following your big day to remind you of the feeling you had in those moments at your wedding.
I cannot put into words how much I love this woman and how appreciative I am that she was able to make our wedding what it was! If you are looking for someone to make your wedding one of a kind, and someone who will leave a lasting impression on your love, your marriage, and your life, no need to look any further!

Profile Picture Sydney, 11/3/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

It's been 6 weeks since our wedding and people are still telling us how touching and personal our ceremony was. That's thanks to Jason, who is a true professional & expert at asking couples the right questions to create a wonderful ceremony. We have also been asked several times where we found such a great officiant - Jason was warm, kind, and calming at a time we were quite anxious! We are so pleased to have worked with him and would do it again 100 times over.

Profile Picture Bridget, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony if I tried. Jason integrated our love story along with elements of a traditional ceremony and from what I heard from our guests, there wasn't a dry eye there! I appreciated how Jason gave us a few "homework" assignments which he then used to share with our guests. We met with Jason once at Starbucks and then communicated with him via email from there. The whole process was very easy. No need to look any further for an officiant. What a gift Jason has to create such a beautiful and meaningful ceremony.

Profile Picture Kristyn, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

Finding the right officiant was painstaking and, on one occasion, heartbreaking, until we met Bethel. Our first encounter with her was over a Skype call where we went through introductions and a Q&A session. She greeted us with a warm smile and welcome, and we immediately felt comfortable and at ease with her. Before the call even ended, we felt like Bethel would be a perfect fit but we were faced with a tiny issue-budget constraints. Many couples will decide to skimp on an officiant, but believe me, Bethel is completely worth it & more. Looking back, we're glad we decided to forego our budget, go with our guts, and asked her to officiate our wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made.
Unlike other officiants, Bethel took extra time to get to know us as a couple. She provided plenty of resources, not only for the ceremony but also for the tedious name change process. This helped us a lot since we weren't familiar on how ceremonies are structured nor did we know what options are available to us. I also had TONS of questions and Bethel was very prompt and patient in answering all of them.
At the end of the whole process, our ceremony couldn't have been more perfect, many thanks to Bethel. It was completely customized and personal. We received so many compliments and inquiries from our guests on how we found her. They said that she was amazing, kept everyone's attention all throughout the ceremony, and beautifully embodied our personalities and who we are as a couple in the ceremony. And that's not all.
I completed my legal name change within 3 weeks of getting married, because the info she provided gave me a huge head start. Ladies, if this task seems daunting to you, Bethel is a Godsend & a great resource.
We can't thank her enough for everything she has done for us: for making this process a fun experience and a walk in the park, but most of all, for making our ceremony a unique, memorable, and heartfelt experience. We are truly, forever grateful.

Profile Picture Donna, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

Jason was the officiant for our wedding on Labor Day Weekend 2017 and did an incredible job for us! Our ceremony went so smoothly and was thoughtfully organized by Jason for several months leading up to the wedding. Jason worked with us to do a variety of things so that our wedding ceremony was personalized for us.

1. Jason met with us in person and spent some time getting to know us.
2. Jason gave us some written questions for us to respond to that helped him understand each of us individually and more about our relationship together. This may sound very basic, but Jason was able to take all of the stories and information we shared with him about us and weave it into the ceremony perfectly.
3. Jason worked with us to create an outline for the ceremony so that all of the traditional parts of the ceremony (readings, ring exchange, vows, etc.) were exactly how we wanted them to be. There are so many ways to do each part of the ceremony and Jason knows them all! Whatever you would like to have, he will accommodate perfectly.
4. If you are going to write your own vows, Jason can help with that as well. He wont write anything for you, but he can give you writing prompts, ideas, or examples of other vows to help inspire you to write your own. Some folks may not need any help at all, but working with Jason will certainly be a great for those who need some writing guidance or just a little help finding the perfect words.
5. Jason also helped us with the administrative paperwork for the County of SD to make sure our marriage license was completed correctly. Jason has done this man times and knows exactly what paperwork you need to do and what you don't.

Overall we give Jason our highest recommendation and will always be thankful that he officiated our wedding. His warmth and personality was absolutely perfect and helped make our wedding ceremony something we will never forget!

-Ben & Sara

Profile Picture Sara, 9/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Bethel was a delight to work with! From the beginning, she was very responsive, organized, and thorough. Bethel really took the time to get to know us personally. She went out of her way to make sure that our ceremony included all the elements we wanted and that we were 100% happy with it. We knew we wanted something customized and special to us but we didn’t know exactly what to do. Bethel gave us a ton of ideas to choose from for our vows, exchange of rings, readings, etc. and that was extremely helpful to us. On our actual wedding day, Bethel really made the ceremony special. We got tons of compliments from family and friends on how great of a job she did and how they really felt the ceremony was very personal. We could not recommend Bethel more and hope that you are lucky enough to have her as your officiant!

Profile Picture Paul, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

There is no guidebook for how to pick your officiant for your wedding. With all the other 1,000 tasks that you have to complete, this could potentially be another stressful activity. But then you find Bethel...
I knew I wanted our ceremony to be something special, not just the normal run of the mill traditional, boring service. I found Bethel on Yelp and was immediately attracted to the glowing reviews she received. I emailed her and we set up our first meeting at Starbuck's. It was very informal and casual; Bethel explained it as a time to see if she was a good fit for us. There was nothing salesy about it! Within minutes my wife and I knew that Bethel was the one for us.
The planning process was detailed and meticulous. Bethel was in constant communication with us and gave us homework to create the perfect ceremony. While we had ideas of things we wanted in our wedding, Bethel provided countless suggestions of other things that we could add. In addition, the majority of our homework was done privately as it would be a surprise at the wedding!
What Bethel created for our wedding day was nothing short of magical! Hearing Bethel read what my wife wrote about me, her first impression and how she fell in love with me brought me to tears. Seeing the look on my wife's face as Bethel read my heartfelt thoughts about her was priceless. The ceremony had great flow, was engaging, and truly came from the heart.
I feel the best part was hearing our guests’ reactions after the wedding. We have had numerous people come up to us and say how this was the best wedding they have ever been to! They describe how Bethel's approach was organic, well crafted, and genuinely showed the love between my wife and I. You couldn't ask for anything more!
We wholeheartedly recommend Bethel for your wedding! If you would like a ceremony that is down to earth, genuine, and truly illustrates the relationship between you and your fiance, then look no further. Bethel will take care of the rest!

Profile Picture Johnny, 8/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Bethel is the BEST!! She is so helpful and responded quickly to all our emails. She goes through the entire process step by step and made it super easy for us. She personalized the whole ceremony to our relationship. She set the tone for our ceremony with her wonderful presence. We received multiple compliments from our guests after the wedding. Our friend who is an officiant, attended our wedding as a guest, and he loved Bethel.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/5/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Bethel as our officiant of our wedding on 7/29 in Coronado. She made the ceremony intimate, fun, and it just really felt like us. It was exactly what we wanted. I was so impressed with her every second starting from our first meeting. I give her my highest recommendation! Thanks Bethel! -Cyndi and Hunter

Profile Picture cynthia, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bethel is one AMAZING Officiant, as well as an overall individual. She was incredible during the entire process from the day we met, to getting us working on our Homework that we had to the day of the wedding. She took care of myself and my fiance as though we were family to her. I love how involved she is and how she speaks to everyone during the wedding. You can really feel the love she has for what she does and the love she just has for the two that are getting married. I cannot thank YOU enough Bethel for all you did.

Profile Picture brandi, 7/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Hands Down we can't thank Bethel enough for helping us create the most beautiful Ceremony. She has a wonderful personality and was just wonderful all the way around. You can tell that she really loves her job. She's beyond organized and efficient! She makes you feel comfortable and goes way over and beyond to help you create and customize your wedding to you. She helps elivate additional stress because she takes care of so much which allows you to focus on the rest. Our wedding July 27th 2017 was Beautiful thanks to this woman! And more than I ever imagined it to be.

Thanks Again Bethel!!!!

Greg and Bambi Poor

Profile Picture Bambi, 7/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bethel was the officiant in our wedding on 07/15/2017. Thank you so much for making our ceremony extremely special. There were many relatives and friends who came up to us after the ceremony and even days afterwards, to tell us how amazing, touching and personal the ceremony was, to ask who the officiant is and where I found her. We enjoyed the ceremony a lot because it is unique to us, it tells who we are, it tells how we knot our love together. We also enjoyed the "homework" she assigned us before the wedding. Those questions reminded us how we built our relationship and why he or she is Mr. or Mrs. Right. I would highly recommended Bethel to the other couples. Bethel will give you an incredible wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Wei, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bethel was an amazing officiant. She went above and beyond and helped us through the whole process for our wedding ceremony. We will never forget her, and we were getting compliments all night during the wedding about her service. She helped us write our vows and guided us in ways that we will always be grateful for. It was a pleasure to meet her and she was the perfect fit for us! I would recommend her to everyone!!
-Corey V!

Profile Picture Corey , 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Bethel Nathan is the very BEST!!! If you are looking for someone who will take her time to make your ceremony personal to only you, you must chose Bethel! Bethel not only listens to your wants and desires for your ceremony, she finds little details to make it special for the two of you because she LISTENS and really tries to get to know her couples. She seems to truly love what she does and brings a calm, reassuring energy to your day as well as an upbeat, happy one. Bethel wiped away any added stress to our ceremony by sending us step-by-step instructions, so we knew what to expect next…everything from where and how to obtain a marriage license to the filing of it and everything in between. She even sends last minute reminders for the actual wedding day! It’s no wonder so many rave about her! You will be thrilled you chose her to officiate your ceremony. We are STILL smiling after the wonderful day she gave us and we feel like we’ve gained a new family member!

Shanna and Michele

Profile Picture Shanna, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Bethel is the best choice for an officiant there is! My wife and I recently got married on July 3rd, 2017. We searched reviews on WeddingWire, The Knot, and Yelp, came across Bethel and was immediately drawn in by her stellar reviews and her ability to integrate Japanese into our ceremony. Bethel was willing to Skype with us since we were on opposite sides of the U.S. She made us feel very at ease and explained her whole process. It was very important for her to be invested in us and our wedding day ceremony. We knew Bethel was the one for us before we even hung up.
Bethel walked us through her planning process step by step and was very detail oriented. Bethel was in constant communication with us and gave us homework to create the perfect ceremony. While we had ideas of things we wanted in our wedding, Bethel provided countless suggestions of other things that we could add. In addition, the majority of our homework was assigned individually so our answers would be a surprise to each other on the day of the wedding!
Bethel made our day amazing and I do not believe anyone else could've brought the level of perfection that she does! Hearing Bethel read what my wife wrote about me, how she fell in love with me, and the look on my wife's face as Bethel read my thoughts about her was priceless.
It felt like Bethel had known us for years and that a close friend was marrying us. Hearing her integrate Japanese into the ceremony and seeing the reactions on the faces of my wife's relatives brought a whole new personal level to the ceremony that involved everyone regardless of language barriers. Bethel is the officiant you need on your wedding day. Without her, it will be just another wedding.

Profile Picture Erica, 7/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows

There is not a possible way for me to review Bethel and her services without slipping into what will seem like highly exaggerated hyperbole. It's like reviewing one of your favorite family members. Her dedication to our relationship, to our event, and to the months leading up to it are astounding. She initially met with us in our neighborhood for coffee, to discuss the flow of her process, to get to know us and to generally connect. What followed was some of the most thoughtful narrowing down of ceremony elements as well as introspective homework that helped her learn more about us, and helped us learn more about ourselves and each other. Her communication skills are unparalleled and her warmth and joy is radiant and infectious. She helped keep us each present during the ceremony and in those precious moments that immediately follow (before being swallowed up by the party). All of our guest commented for weeks after the event that they were on a "high" from how moved they were by the ceremony. Authenticity is this woman's bread and butter. We have a trusted friend for life and we feel honored that she shared her loving skills for one of the most profound moments of our lives.

Profile Picture Ryan, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Agnostic

My (now) husband and I were a little nervous about what we should do as far as looking for an officiant. We didn’t have anybody close to us that we really wanted to ask to officiate, but we also were afraid that if we chose someone we didn’t know personally, that the ceremony would end up being just that – impersonal. Enter Bethel. From the very first Skype meeting (we live on the East Coast), we felt like we had known her for much longer than just a conversation! She was truly committed to making our ceremony personal and reflective of us as a couple. She had us fill out questions independently from one another that she weaved into the ceremony and this was SUCH a special component for us – both heartwarming and funny at times – our ceremony felt more personal than some of the weddings we’ve been to officiated by family members! She had our guests both laughing and crying (us as well). I can’t count the amount of guests that approached us after the ceremony telling us that it was the most meaningful wedding ceremony they’ve ever witnessed and that they really felt they knew our relationship even better afterwards. Not only that, but Bethel makes sure all of the paperwork is filled out just right and she mailed us everything that we would need to submit for our marriage certificate. She also sent us a printed out copy of our ceremony which was so special for us to revisit together and we will cherish it forever. We feel so incredibly lucky to have found Bethel as she made the most important part of our wedding more special than we could’ve imagined!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/14/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

We were lucky enough to have Jason available to do our ceremony in La Jolla. From our first meeting we knew that he would be the perfect fit for us. We wanted a non-religious ceremony that was meaningful and reflected who we are as a couple. He was so helpful in forming the ceremony and the end result was priceless. Absolutely everyone came up to us at the reception to tell us what a beautiful ceremony it was and how they felt so touched to see us in such a personal way. I can't recommend him enough. Without a meaningful ceremony, your wedding is just a party. Jason is worth every penny!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Non-religious

I have only seen her perform one ceremony, but it was the best ceremony I have ever seen performed! She was very outgoing, very fun and more than anything, was definitely on top of her game. I think it's very important to make sure your officiant is on point because it does set the tone in your marriage and for the rest of your wedding ceremony. I am pleased to have met her and hope to see Bethel at another ceremony again.

Profile Picture SAmuel, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews