Celebrated Events Reviews

27 | Frederick, MD

27 Reviews for Celebrated Events

27 Celebrated Events Reviews

Dina · Married on 09/28/2018

Lights looked great . Everyone who attended sparkled under them. Not much else needed to decorate.

Ariel · Married on 08/18/2018

Karen was ESSENTIAL to our wedding at Linganore Winecellars! She was truly amazing and quick to every response and issue that came up through the entire wedding process. The lights that her company provides make the reception hall even more magical! She made the entire wedding planning process a breeze! She had beautiful props and items to use, was well organized during every conversation, and was just a pleasure to work with! Worth every penny! Thank you so much Karen!!!

• Britnie

Britnie · Married on 08/10/2018

We had this company do fairy lights over our dance floor. It added so much to the space we absolutely loved it. We never saw them because we didnt need to, they decorated the night before then took down the day after.

Justin · Married on 01/13/2018

Karen is simply the best. She comes into the process really wanting to know what you want the wedding to look and feel like (and also how much you’d like to spend). She’s very in tune with the wedding vendor community and has plenty of suggestions if you need them. She simply goes above and beyond with her work. Throughout the planning process we continually found ourselves looking at each other and saying in unison, “What would we do without Karen!?” She has all the small and last-minute details thought out so you don’t have to stress. We can’t emphasize enough how much Karen helped us have our dream wedding!

Peggy · Married on 11/12/2017

Karen did a fantastic job with my daughters wedding. Everything went smoothly and I didn't have to do anything but write the checks. I have already referred her company to 3 other people for corporate events as well.

Laura · Married on 09/23/2017

There aren’t enough words to express how happy we were with Celebrated Events! We weren’t originally planning on hiring a day-of-coordinator, but I’m so glad we did. We were able to relax and be in the moment during our wedding instead of worrying about little details.
    At our last meeting the week before our wedding we were freaking out because we realized we’d forgotten programs. Karen recommended Staples next-day printing to us, then picked up our finished programs for us the day before the wedding.
    When my bridesmaids and I arrived at our venue at 10 am to start hair, Karen and Jenni were already there setting up for our 5:30 pm wedding.
    Karen left us an emergency bag that came in handy for a myriad of things—there were pens we used to finish escort cards, straws so I could drink after I’d had my makeup done, etc. My MoH kept peeking into the pockets and announcing everything she saw. It was like a Mary Poppins bag!
    As vendors arrived, they directed them so I didn’t have to direct a bunch of people while trying to get myself ready.
    They directed the run-through and ceremony—no easy task because there were 5 flower girls & ring bearers ranging from 18 months to 9 years, and my FIL has Alzheimers—and everything went smoothly.
    I was very busy during the reception but my friends and family were singing their praises afterwards. During important moments like the toasts and dances Jenni was on the floor with some of the little kids, keeping them distracted with her iPad! We didn’t purchase the optional add-on for a kids activity table run by Jenni because we’d made our own activities, but I think she would’ve done a fantastic job if we had!
    They handled decor breakdown after the reception, and Karen met up with my mom afterwards to give her some of the larger items we weren’t able to take right away.
    Karen and Jenni did so well that I’m STILL hearing family members and guests sing their praises over a month after the wedding.

Kelly · Married on 03/25/2017

I hired Karen for day-of coordination for our wedding at Linganore Winecellars, and it was probably the best investment we made for our wedding day! It was so convenient to be able to drop off decorations early with Karen, so that my family and I didn't have to haul them to the venue and decorate on my wedding day. Karen took care of setting everything up and has thorough knowledge about Linganore, she and her husband setting up the lovely string lights in the hall. She took all the burden of wedding day stress from me and my family, even making sure I wasn't aware of a tuxedo mishap until it was taken care of. My family, husband and I were able to truly enjoy the day without worrying about setup, cleanup, or running the show. If you're planning a wedding at Linganore, hiring Karen is a must!

Alicia · Married on 10/30/2016

Our wedding went exactly as planned thanks to Karen! She went above and beyond through out the whole process. She took care of so many aspects of the wedding and had so many helpful suggestions along the way. She was so easy to work with and always responded immediately to emails. It was a great experience!

Jon · Married on 09/10/2016

Karen is superb, her attention to detail and knowledge of the kinds of vendors is second to none. She arranged meetings, got quotes, dealt with an assortment of people up to and well past the date of the wedding. The only thing we would suggest is allotting some time so the Bride and Groom can enjoy some of the wonderful food. We both very highly recommend signing with Celebrated Events!!

Lori · Married on 08/27/2016

Karen was a lifesaver. There is no way I could've done my wedding without her. At first I didn't think I needed a day of planner then I realized it might be a good idea. Karen handled everything beautifully on my big day and also got involved a little bit before with helping me contact vendors. This was the best money spent!

Anna · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband and I used Karen for our wedding at Linganore Winery and she was fantastic. She knew more about the property and where things were for the wedding more than the event coordinator at the Winery. She was extremely prompt with answering emails and having meetings, and she did a fantastic job the day of to make sure everything was set up perfectly, and everything went smoothly! If you're having your wedding at Linganore Winery, having her there is an absolute MUST!

Dana · Married on 07/31/2016

We hired Celebrated Events to put up string lighting for our wedding @ Linganore Winecellars. They were prompt and the lights made the wedding ceremony/reception look wonderful. Certainly wouldn't have been as nice as it was without the lights.

LisaMarie · Married on 06/24/2016

We used this company for lights over our dance floor. We got married at Linganore Winery and the lights over the dance floor just made it seem magical. Karen contacted Linganore herself with the set up and take down times, so I did not have to worry about it! Great to work with!

• User5194279 · 2+ years ago

I feel grateful to have Karen as my DoC. She was always very accessible, often responding to my emails within the hour! Even though I'm pretty organized on my own, I definitely needed Karen's opinion and consultation throughout the wedding process: should my bridal party stand at an angle, how much decor do I need at my venue, who were the best vendors, etc. She also helped me in a bind since I didn't want to spend top dollar for wooden slabs I would never use again; she got some slabs of her own and we rented them from her. Especially if you get married at Linganore Winecellars, I would DEFINITELY book Karen as your DoC. The staff knows her intimately as she does ~50% of the weddings there, I was told by Linganore. Finally I would say Karen is just a sweetheart - in one candid photo of us cake cutting, I could see her in the background smiling. It's nice when your vendors also take part in your happiness on your wedding day.

Teri · Married on 06/27/2015

The one thing I new I wanted for my daughter's wedding was an event planner so on the day of the wedding I could enjoy the occasion. Without Karen - no way would this happen. At the end of the planning process there were times were I just handed her the reigns. The event was incredible. Everything was beautiful and she was the calm during the storm of planning.

Allison · Married on 08/30/2014

Karen was so flexible and helpful with all the tiny details that comes with wedding planning. So nice and understanding

Allison · Married on 08/30/2014

Karen was so helpful with all the little details that wedding planning entails. Very nice and a great resource!

I would highly recommend Celebrated Events for any of your wedding needs. My partner and I used several of their services and we couldn't have asked for more. Karen was very easy to work with and our wedding was just how we wanted it. Invitations were a breeze because of the efforts and organization Karen brought to the table. We were married in Sept. 2012 and people are still saying it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they have ever been to!

Teresa · Married on 09/22/2012

She was great. I lived In Accomac Va. Virginia 's Eastern Shore 4 hours away and we did everything by email text and phone. It worked perfect and I have a new friend.

Kathy · Married on 08/04/2012

Working with Karen of Celebrated Events was wonderful. She is so much more than a "day of" coordinator. She made my daughter's wedding day stress free. Not only is she professional but she adds such a personal touch. There's nothing we asked of her that she wouldn't do and she even went the extra mile. She voluntarily picked up 50 Frederick information guides for us to include in our guest's welcome bags. She has great ideas and offers advice while at the same time respecting and understanding what you want. Thank you so much Karen for making the experience and
    Allee's day so special. Kathy & Allee

Teresa · Married on 06/30/2012

Karen Farrow her Celebrated Events is just the BEST wedding planner and organizer for your special day. From the creation of the beautiful invitations, special wedding gifts, organinzing all the steps for me to follow, allowing all my creative ideas to come to reality in a finiancially affordable way....well Karen was just wonderful, creative, supportive and made the whole proccess a postive and exciting experience. I strongly recommend anyone planning a wedding or special event to contact Karen Farrow and Celebrated Events. She will keep you organized, moving forward and help you to unfold all your creative ideas and desires for your dream wedding.

Teresa May

Viviana · Married on 11/05/2016

Karen and everyone at Celebrated Events were very professional and quick to respond to any and all of my concerns regarding my wedding set up. They even accommodated my request to incorporate traditional Mexican wedding paper alongside their cafe lights, which resulted in an absolutely stunning decor, and this essentially made our wedding look and feel magical. I highly recommend working with Celebrated Events!

Jackie · Married on 09/05/2015

Wonderful! Karen went above and beyond for us, delivering on everything we asked and then some. We used her day of coordination services, but she also gave us some great tips in the months/weeks beforehand. We had our wedding at Linganore Winecellars and she has a great relationship with the venue and knows a ton of vendors in the surrounding area. Great resource, especially if your wedding is in Frederick, MD!

Candice · Married on 08/05/2017

3.5

Beautiful result, but rather expensive.