CCS Events Reviews

130 | Richmond, VA

130 Reviews for CCS Events

Jenna K. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Unmatched Service & Talent!

Colleen and her team made our wedding day more perfect than we could have imagined! We had to cancel our original plans in Pennsylvania due to COVID-19 and were dreaming of a smaller arrangement in VA. Colleen stepped in and helped us plan a ceremony and reception within 8 weeks. She seamlessly naviagated previous vendor contracts and hiring new vendors, multiple meetings over the phone, and beautifully planning/designing/decorating our wedding day. I do not know how we would have survived without her. The time, effort and talent she puts into your wedding day is unmatched!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Amanda · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Do yourself a favor, book CCS Events

The number one thing we were looking for in planning our wedding, was to make sure our friends and family (and us!) had a stress-free and fun experience (especially the day of!). I was definitely one of those people that felt like I didn't "NEED" a wedding planner. But, I also didn't want to have friends and family running around the day of, dealing with my own stress of coordinating everyone, so we took the plunge and hired CCS. We could NOT be happier with the decision. Every moment of planning was stress-free (even considering we were in the middle of a pandemic!). More importantly, I can honestly say that we were able to enjoy the day of without ever having to worry or think about a single thing, because we knew it was being handled. We (and our friends and family) were able to just be present and enjoy the day, which is by far the best gift you can get on the day of your wedding. Colleen helped give us our dream wedding (albeit with more masks and less guests), and we had the best day thanks to her. Do yourself a favor, and make booking CCS events the first thing you do.

Sent on 09/17/2020

Catherine A. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

I can't say good enough things!

Where to begin? Colleen was fantastic to work with. Anyone who compliments my wedding, I automatically give Colleen all of the credit. We started working with her in May and the only thing I came to her with was 1) we will be getting married October of this year 2) the dog has to be involved 3) I want simple and elegant.... other than already having my dress and hair stylist... she gave me all of the vendors and did pretty much everything. Worth every penny to just have someone go “here’s your options, that won’t work but this will, already handled that, here’s a drink” for your sanity, do it. I didn’t have to worry about running around Facebook marketplace to try to find décor (she has a ton of décor you can use which is included with her costs), or researching a ton of vendors... truly she’s great and I highly recommend her. She made sure I didn't feel like a "covid" bride. My wedding was just as beautiful, filled with love, and exceeded any and all expectations. Thank you so much Colleen and CCS events.

Sent on 12/31/2020

Kayla · Getting married on 08/14/2021

I worked with Colleen, Melissa, and Nicole 2 months into my planning process (my wedding was only 6 months after my engagement), and they SAVED my sanity. I was going to plan it myself to start off and it all started to pile on with my work and home life, I wasn't sure if I could afford a planner, but once we found them they worked with me on payments, and they were EXTREMELY reasonable for the amazing work they did. I couldn't have asked for more from them, and they exceeded my expectations. I told them I was pretty open and told them little details I wanted and every single one was completed. I made most of my decor for my wedding and everything I created was placed in the perfect spot for the ceremony and reception. They had plenty of props for me to borrow for my wedding at no additional cost, which made each detail I wanted work out amazingly. A few days before my wedding my make-up artist fell through and Colleen found me an AMAZING one the next day, they also introduced me to my amazing DJ for the wedding. I had Nicole with me on my wedding day and she was AMAZING. If there was any major problems I didn't know about it, she approached me with with anything in a positive attitude and she took in every detail I expressed was important and emphasized it perfectly! I couldn't have done it without them! I would tell ANY bride to work with them!!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Jayne D. · Married on 07/17/2021

Wonderful experience!

We can't thank Colleen enough for all the hard work and dedication that she showed us! We had to reschedule our wedding multiple times due to COVID-19 and she was there to help us every step of the way. She was a joy to work with despite all of the stress put on the wedding industry, her business and most importantly, her.

We told her what we were envisioning and through her excellent relationships with vendors, she made it happen beautifully.

Our wedding day was full of unexpected surprises... including a HUGE thunderstorm right in the middle of our ceremony! Before I knew it, chairs were all moved into the reception space indoors and Colleen was guiding me inside while simultaneously pinning up my dress to get the party started. I seriously don't know what I would have done without her (or her employees) during all the craziness! If any of our guests had any questions or concerns throughout the night, I honestly felt so comfortable knowing that Colleen was there to take care of ALL of them so we could enjoy our day and that's exactly what we did.

We 100% recommend Colleen and CCS Events!!!

Sent on 07/21/2021

Megan S. · Married on 04/30/2021

Wedding Expert for RVA!

I was referred to Colleen with CCS Events by a friend who loved her from her own wedding. I was originally thinking I'd be able to handle things on my own, but I learned over the course of my engagement that this was not the case. Colleen was very helpful and straightforward from the start, giving me honest answers and clear guidance in the early planning stages and in choosing vendors. But then COVID hit and she truly outdid herself- we changed dates in 2020 then had to change venues about a month out from our new date. Colleen handled it in stride, showing me a hidden gem venue I loved and totally redoing our design from indoor ballroom to outdoor tent while keeping everything just as beautiful as I'd imagined! Truly, I think the final product was better than what I had even originally wanted pre-COVID, and I owe it all to her. The cost is easily justified by the use of her decor and props, and multiple vendors gave me discounts from Colleen being my planner. But really what blew me away was the day of the wedding- neither myself, my groom, bridal party or family members had a stress or worry the day of! They set everything up perfectly, take everything down and load up everything for us to take home. I honestly felt like I should've been doing more leading up to the wedding, but that really is how much she takes care of things and communicates with all vendors. We even ran out of vodka quicker than expected at the wedding and her assistant flew to the ABC store before anyone noticed :) I am not knowledgeable in any sense regarding design or anything wedding related, and Colleen really takes the reigns and gets it done. From the champagne Sip and Be Seated at the ceremony, bourbon bar during the reception, chandelier in the tent, all the details were perfect. Overall we were so pleased with our wedding and are still receiving so many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was!

Sent on 05/11/2021
  • Alex

Alex C. · Married on 12/09/2020

Looking for a workhorse who gets sh** done? Get Colleen

Planning a wedding is stressful, no doubt about it. There are days where you want to break down and cry because things aren't going your way. In steps Colleen who cures all woes, settles your anxiety, and gets sh** done. Colleen is incredibly strong, fun, powerful, and exerts a level of confidence you rarely feel. She made our special day happen in the toughest of circumstances and I can't thank her enough. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 02/18/2021
  • Sacha

Sacha H. · Married on 10/18/2020

Best Decision Ever!

Colleen and CCS Events are AMAZING! Our venue CANCELLED our wedding the Thursday before the event. The venue was to provide the location, catering, shuttles and liquor. Within 30 min of our cancellation discussion, Colleen had lined up catering, outside shuttle, and outlined the steps on how to get our own liquor license and what to buy. We ended up using the venue for only the location, and Colleen ended up doing most of the venue’s responsibilities, so that we could have our wedding. Her team had to be the set-up staff, servers, bussers, trash pick-up, plus everything else a planner is supposed to do! She pulled off the greatest feat ever. For the guests that knew of our challenges, they were so impressed by Colleen and her team.

Even before the cancellation, Colleen made the planning so easy. The week heading into the wedding weekend, I even asked if I had anything to do. All I was doing was making sure our vendors were paid. She took care of everything!

CCS Events is worth the money and so much more for the following reasons:
    Saves you money
    Colleens has amazing relationships with vendors in the Richmond/Charlottesville/Central VA (and probably more areas) at all different price points
    I saved so much using her recommended vendors rather than trying to search on my own
    Plus, she has tons of gratis items that she brings to the ceremony and reception so you do not need to buy anything like vases, candles, cake stands, corn hole, etc.
    She provides recommendations such as re-using flowers from the ceremony as reception table centerpieces
    Saves you time
    She coordinates with all of your vendors and creates the timeline.
    I signed the contract with the vendors, gave our preferences and paid them. Colleen did everything else.
    Since she recommends vendors, your list is narrowed down, so you are not starting with a blank slate and going through hundreds of vendors to select.
    Eliminates (or maybe just reduces) your wedding planning stress
    She provides guidance on what your tasks are and when they need to be done. Colleen takes care of everything else

I have no idea what I would have done without Colleen on our side. I highly recommend Colleen for any type of wedding or event.

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle A. · Married on 09/26/2020

Top notch, A+ wedding guru of the century!!

Seriously, where do I even start? Colleen is THE REAL DEAL. From start to finish, she made planning a wedding from several states away, a total breeze! I’m a very laid back and (let’s be real...) disorganized person, so having Colleen there to keep me on a timeline, consider things I’ve never thought of, and help with facilitating communication with vendors was EXACTLY what I needed. A true godsend when attempting to plan a wedding during the Covid era!
    Not only do you get Colleen’s superior industry expertise and knowledge, but also included in her packages are gratis props you are able to use when thinking about decorating/your wedding day aesthetic. A nice surprise that saved us some money!
    It truly was a pleasure working with Colleen and her staff. The peace of mind I had throughout the whole process (and ESPECIALLY on the day of!) was priceless.
    Without hesitation, hiring CCS Events was the best decision and money spent!!
    Stop your search and book this superwoman of a planner/fantastic human being immediately!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Nasim H. · Married on 09/19/2020

Colleen is the goat

Colleen knows how to throw a PARTY! When we met her 2 years before our wedding we wanted a wedding by the water near the Richmond area, after lots of planning and discussion we ended up getting married at the Virginia house and reception at the Jefferson hotel and it was seriously soo extravagant and truly such an amazing day! She knows the RVA wedding scene in and out. She knew all the event coordinators at the majority of the venues we looked at and she gave us her honest opinion. She has great props you can use gratis, she packs up your car with cake, flowers, all your decor, and always has a drink or food ready for you when you need it the most. She is truly great at what she does and very detail oriented, I would recommend her 1000x over again.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin B. · Married on 09/05/2020

Don’t wait- hire Colleen! Best choice of our whole wedding!

Colleen literally is the best thing to happen to us (besides each other of course!). We hired Colleen 16 months before our wedding. We were plugging along nicely in the planning department and then CoVid hit. There is absolutely no way we could have made it without her!! She kept me calm, cool, and , collected.I’m sure was not so calm but we would never know it! Her sense of humor carried us through! The end result- a dream!!! Everything was perfection! More than we had hoped for or thought up! She entertained all my out there, push the envelope decor ideas and made them even better! The only thing I wish was different would be that we had more time together! Colleen not only planned the best wedding ever (people are still talking about it months later), she taught me to not sweat the small stuff and to take things as they come! We love you so much Colleen!

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan H. · Married on 03/20/2020

Best Wedding Planner in the Game!

CCS Events…. where do we even start?! Colleen is by far one of the BEST wedding planners in the business. Colleen’s knowledge and long-standing relationships with vendors in the Charlottesville/Richmond made the vendor selection process easy! Our 120+ person wedding in March 2020 turned into an intimate family only ceremony that turned out more beautiful then we could have ever imagined. I cannot recommend Collen enough.
    Colleen is the type of planner that will stick by you through thick and thin to make sure your day is exactly what you want it to be. She will advocate for you to make sure you are getting what you want for the best price possible. With the crowd restrictions and business closures starting to take place, our bakery unexpectedly closed the day before our wedding. After some tears and calling Colleen, this was no problem. Within 15 minutes Colleen had a bakery lined up to make our cake that she brought up to Charlottesville the morning of our wedding.
    The day of Colleen and Noah truly took care of everything from with the utmost professionalism, kindness and support. I can 100% say our day wouldn’t have happen without her and we’re forever thankful for having her by our side throughout the planning process. If you are in the market for a planner, CCS Events is the best there is.

Sent on 06/21/2020

Kelsey · Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect Pi Day Wedding

When I say our wedding day was perfect, it was 100% because of Colleen! Literally everything looked amazing, better than I had envisioned in my head. (I'm a designer so that's hard to beat!) We had zero issues! I was so amazed at how smooth everything ran throughout the whole day.
    We got married on March 14th, right before the crowd restrictions, and stay at home orders were enforced. Colleen did such a fantastic job of making everyone feel comfortable being at our wedding. She kept the bridal party calm and most importantly me calm! It was incredible, for one night everyone at our wedding completely forgot about the craziness that was happing in our world. Colleen played a huge part in helping everyone feel comfortable and enjoy our wedding.
    When first planning our wedding, I totally thought that I could do everything myself. Being a designer and planning many large parties before I thought I knew what I was doing. Man, I was wrong. Colleen would bring up details that I never would have thought of in a million years. She is totally a "learn from mistakes" gal and it reflects in her work. She does everything possible to make your wedding day tailored to you and run seamlessly. Just her vendor recommendations alone were worth working with Colleen but she brought so much more than we ever knew to the table.
    If you are considering a wedding planner I would highly recommend Colleen! She's a straight shooter, fun-loving gal that gets it done! We were so excited that we ending up selecting Colleen to help with our big day.

Sent on 05/28/2020

Alexa · Married on 01/11/2020

Goes ABOVE & beyond for her couples :)

WHAT to say about Colleen?! From start to finish she brought our vision to life for a perfect wedding day!! Throughout the planning process, even with hectic holidays (January wedding), she was ALWAYS available even for the smallest/most ridiculous questions I would have. Her experience speaks for itself and she knows EVERYONE. With her experience she is able to tell you exactly what to expect and provide ideas/options that you may not have thought about. The week prior to the day of the wedding is definitely Colleen's "shine time". Noah was so great as well helping with last minute graphic design and on wedding day! We felt so relieved and at ease about EVERYTHING because of them... even with 80% of our wedding being out of town guests!! Highly recommend and couldn't thank CCS enough for everything they did for us :)

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Kathryn

Kathryn B. · Married on 12/07/2019

The Best Wedding Planner

CCS Events is the best wedding planning business. I'd been gushing about Colleen and her team in the months leading up to my wedding, but now that it has happened, I just can't stop talking about how amazing they are.

Colleen thinks of absolutely everything - from getting flowers delivered to the hotel for photos to making sure our friends and family were taken care of to checking us into our wedding night hotel room/arranging transport, I didn't have to think about anything other than enjoying my wedding. At the end of the night, Colleen packed up all of our personal items and loaded my mom's car with them.

Her and her team truly took care of everything with the utmost professionalism and kindness. The depth of her experience is clearly seen in how she handles planning meetings and the questions she asks. She was instrumental in helping me achieve the look I wanted while staying on budget.

If you are looking for a wedding planner who will cover absolutely every contingency for you and prioritize only you and your spouse, you cannot do better than CCS Events.

Sent on 12/09/2019

CCS Events's reply:

Thank you so much Kathryn...you and Tom are such wonderful people and it was a pleasure to work for you and your sweet families! I loved the special touch in your bouquet and I have never seen so many lawyers have a good time LOL! Take care of each other...and I can't WAIT to see the pics!

Mara J. · Married on 10/26/2019

CCS Events was outstanding!

Working with Colleen was a great experience! She gave us excellent advice on all of our issues. We had some problems with our venue, and Colleen stepped in and communicated to the venue for us. That was such a relief! She also recommended wonderful vendors, such as our DJ and florist. She was upbeat, patient, organized, and professional. She selflessly arranged her schedule to accommodate ours. She sent two assistants to help on our day of the wedding, and they were equally professional and helpful. Colleen comes prepared with many props at your disposal including the opportunity to test out many rentals before you purchase. We highly recommend Colleen and CCS Events to everyone!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • COURTNEY

Courtney S. · Married on 10/12/2019

CCS EVENTS helped us plan the perfect weekend

I have nothing but rave reviews to give about CCS EVENTS. We had planned to do everything ourselves, but a month into planning, I realized how overwhelming all of the details were and how miserable I was going to be as a high-stress, type A personality trying to plan a wedding for 175 guests. We reached out to ask about month-of coordinator prices and ended up hiring CCS for full wedding planning services.

Colleen has honed her craft to perfection. Her passion for clients and within the wedding industry as a whole is obvious, and she clearly cares about each couple she works with. She is meticulous when it comes to the finer details (there seriously must have been at least 87 things I never would have thought of) and will not settle for less than the absolute best for her clients, but she also manages to make you feel completely comfortable with everything and it seems like you have known her forever. Basically, she is super high-key in a low key way.

I truly cannot say enough good things about our wedding weekend. Everything went off without a hitch, I (bride) was 99% stress free, and her day-of staff was just as wonderful as she had promised. Every single person who worked on our wedding went so far above and beyond what we could have expected. It was truly the perfect weekend. If you are looking for help, Colleen and her team can absolutely provide what you need.

If links are allowed, our photographer has posted a short teaser where you can see the vision CCS EVENTS helped bring to life.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Katie · Married on 10/12/2019

The best!

I TRULY don’t even know where to start. Colleen helped us to enjoy our engagement period by her organization and prompting when it was time to make wedding decisions. Colleen talked us through EVERYTHING. She also helped talk with my parents and explain and communicate everything! When it came to the wedding week/day there was honestly no stress at all and it allowed us to feel so much love and joy! While we were with the ones we loved the most, Colleen was working endlessly to give us the wedding we had always pictured. And when we saw the final details it was everything and more!!! She has AWESOME relationships with all the vendors that made it so much easier. We are so blessed to have had her and her whole entire team! I can not say enough great things about her and her team. You HAVE to have her as a part of your wedding day/planning to be able to relax and enjoy every single second of this precious time!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget J. · Married on 07/13/2019

CCS Events is the BEST wedding planner!!

I HIGHLY recommend CCS to plan your special day! We cannot thank her enough for all of the amazing things she helped us put together. Planning a wedding is soooo super stressful, and CCS took care of EVERYTHING that we needed from decorations, seating arrangements, vendors, and even suggested having things that never even crossed our minds! I ALWAYS recommend CCS events. If you use CCS you will have a stress-free wedding day, that's for sure! My fiance and I had NO idea what we were doing. Because of CCS events, we had a GORGEOUS wedding, and our friends and family are STILL talking about how much fun it was and that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you CCS for making our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Catie M. · Married on 07/09/2019

Extremely Helpful

Let me start by stating that a wedding is not something one should tackle alone. If we had not had Colleen helping us through the process we would not have had the most incredible day of our lives and the perfect start to our marriage. We were not at all prepared for the onslaught of details to decide on, not even the slightest clue to what we wanted, but Colleen made it all a task that we could and did tackle successfully. We are extremely grateful for her expertise through the planning of our wedding.

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Mara

Mara H. · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding savior

Cannot recommend CCS enough. I went into wedding planning intending to do everything myself and then life intervened and it became impossible to do much planning for several months. Eventually I found myself about six months out and with so much left to do. Enter Colleen. She saved my wedding. I now firmly believe that having a wedding planner is essential. Colleen is great at what she does. She’s knows exactly what she’s doing, knows a lot of great vendors (who all speak glowingly of her), she’s so sweet, she’s a delight to work with. Her rates are EXTREMELY reasonable and honestly looking back considering everything she did I’m shocked she didn’t charge me more; she a great value. I don’t intend on getting married again but if I had to I know exactly who to call!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Emma G. · Married on 06/15/2019

Makes wedding planning easy

Colleen made wedding planning feel easy. Seriously - when anyone asked me, my husband, or my mother if wedding planning was stressful for any of us... we all said no!! Colleen had everything handled from the start. We came to her with very few requirements and really had no idea what we wanted other than an outdoor wedding with vegan food. Colleen basically set up a timeline for when we needed to do things and took all of the guess work out of it. We are from out of town, but she made it easy to find our vendors and was also so flexible with our meetings, scheduling us in when we were in town or hopping on a phone call when we couldn’t be. She helped us figure out what we wanted our wedding to be and how we could bring to life something that was perfect for us.

On the day of our wedding, (remember, June... Richmond... outside... hot) Colleen and her team were outside all day leading up to the cermony at 6 pm, setting up, making sure everything was perfect, and taking on so much responsibility so that we could focus on getting ready and enjoy that time with our wedding party, knowing everything was in good hands.

It is so obvious that Colleen is passionate about her job and that she has been doing this for a long time. She had great connections with other vendors, she knows your questions and concerns before you even ask them, and she’s there to help you make your wedding day be exactly how you want it. We are so thankful for Colleen and how she made wedding planning SO EASY for us. Our wedding was perfect for us and our guests had so much fun! Thank you Colleen!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Samantha · Married on 06/08/2019

Best decision we could have made!

Oh, where to even begin with my girl Colleen?! She literally turned my dreams into reality. From the moment my fiance and I sat down , Colleen was full of ideas that I never even fathomed (and I had a Pinterest board packed)! She catered to us from day one and on our actual wedding day we never had to worry about one thing. She made sure we ate, that our guests were comfortable, and even threw in a surprise that our guests will never forget! Colleen, from the bottom on our hearts, thank you. We could not have done it without you. I could not have asked for more in a wedding planner. Booking you was the best decision we ever made!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Jen · Married on 05/25/2019

Our wedding day lifesaver

Oh Colleen, where would Sean & I be without you! Colleen of CCS has knowledge, experience and sass that helped make our wedding day an absolute dream come true. I remember speaking with Colleen before we booked with her and she told us she could make our wedding day what we want WITHIN OUR BUDGET and she kept to her word. She had props that we used and went above and beyond every step of the way. Her expertise and honesty helped us choose things that were worth keeping or removing to stick with our firm budget and we were so fortunate for that. She sorted through dessert fiascos (without me even knowing just to save me the stress) and picked up (and delivered) our florals and desserts!!! She (and her team) even loaded our cars at the end of our wedding night so neither us or our family members would have to worry about it and could continue to enjoy our night. Our family members were so impressed with Colleen and her entire CCS team for each and every one of their efforts. And the results absolutely showed on our wedding day (through not one, but even TWO ceremonies). Colleen, we are so incredibly thankful for you. Love, Jen & Sean

Sent on 08/20/2019

Molly G. · Married on 11/17/2018

Do you want the best? Choose CCS Events!!

I feel so grateful that I had the chance to work with Colleen. She was our day-of coordinator and was amazing! From the start, she was organized & straight forward, with a fun, "can-do" attitude. To have Colleen to support you throughout the planning process is priceless. She goes above and beyond for her brides and it shows. She helps you to think about details that are so important, but that you may have over-looked. She keeps things running smoothly and in-line the whole day and days leading up to. Colleen is very responsive and is ALWAYS willing to help or lend a listening ear. If you're debating on whether or not to hire a wedding planner, either for the whole planning process or just for "day-of" like me, please look no further than CCS events. To have Colleen and a team like hers to be your cheerleaders and support is truly one of a kind and so helpful. I could not be more grateful to Colleen for all that she did to make our big day the ultimate success!! Thank you CCS Events!!

Sent on 01/08/2019