Catering By Vest Reviews

58 Reviews for Catering By Vest

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

58 Catering By Vest Reviews

Pamela · Married on 07/03/2018

My, my, my... What can I say about Catering by Vest. They were absolutely wonderful! Carol Vest and I worked for months to get a menu that worked best for us. Carol and I communicated via email, text and phone up to the day of the wedding. Carol Vest absolutely surprised me with some of the services she provided at no additional cost. The food was OUT OF THE WORLD GOOD!!!!! Everyone enjoyed the food. I was hoping that food would be left over but it was so good there wasn't a crumb left! I highly recommend Carol Vest and Catering By Vest as a caterer.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Catering By Vest's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We aim to please and so happy that you and your guests enjoyed the services and cuisine of our firm. It was really great working with you. We were happy to be able to accommodate your preferences which enhanced the beauty of your event at the gorgeous Newton White Mansion.

Lisa · Married on 06/28/2018

I contacted Carol of Catering By Vest to discuss my daughter’s 6/28/18 wedding and I’m so glad I did!

From the tasting to the responsiveness to the service and the food - EVERYTHING was perfect!!

Carol paid attention to every detail - we had special requests for vegans / vegetarians and 1 guest who was allergic to garlic! The food was not only DELICIOUS but looked GOOD! The fruit display was AMAZING!! The reception set up was BEAUTIFUL!

Our guests KEPT saying how nice everything was!

I can’t recommend Catering by Vest enough!!

Lisa

Catering By Vest 1
    Catering By Vest 2
    Catering By Vest 3

Donna · Married on 11/10/2017

Catering by Vest met and exceeded my expectations for my husbands birthday celebration at Oxon Hill Manor. I planned this black tie event in two months and the Vest staff worked with me to make sure that my menu selections and presentation were executed flawlessly.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Catering By Vest's reply:

We thank you for your review. It was pure joy working with you on this event.

carolina · Married on 07/22/2017

Catering by Vest was fantastic to work with. The food was delicious and the presentation and service were very professional. Carol provided wonderful recommendations from appetizers to the main course. When we walked into the tasting, she had everything elegantly setup! She provided linen and china selections to complement our vision and the wedding décor was extremely beautiful!. Anyone who is looking for an caterer that will provide great food, beautiful décor at a reasonable price should book Catering by Vest :) Thank you, Carol.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Catering By Vest's reply:

We appreciate your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to work with you and Dennis on this event. You were great about informing us of your vision and allowed a continuing communication which enhanced our ability to provide the desired cuisine and services. We are happy that your event at the lovely St. Francis Hall was so successful. We wish you much happiness in your marriage -- and please keep in touch. Carol

Deborah · Married on 06/03/2017

Carol was true to her word. Professional and kind. Chef prepared delicious appetizers and entrees that were (according to guest) out of this world. Wait staff couldn't be better. Clean up, went off without a hitch. Catering by Vest has my highest recommendation. As a busy Executive I needed a catering company I could count on. They fulfilled their mission and then some. The drama thank the Lord was not from our Caterig company but rather from our DJ. Staff handled even that with finesse. hats off to Caterig by Vest.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Catering By Vest's reply:

It was delight working with you on your event. We are so happy that we did not disappoint you. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special event.
  • Shantel

Shantel · Married on 05/06/2017

Food was amazing would recommend to anyone.

Matthew · Married on 04/13/2017

Carol and her husband were awesome to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Everybody talked about how good the food was.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Catering By Vest's reply:

Matt thanks so much for allowing our firm to provide catering services for Charlotte's and your wedding. You both were a delight to work with and very clear about your expectations -- which was ever so helpful to us. We are glad that your guests were pleased--and our services met your approval. We wish you continuing happiness in your marriage. Chef Thomas and Carol Vest

mary · Married on 01/22/2017

Catering service was top notch! From the very beginning, Catering By Vest understood what we needed to make our 40th wedding anniversary an elegant affair. They were friendly, warm and assuring. They gave us a night to remember!

LSM & MM

Sent on 10/07/2017

Catering By Vest's reply:

Thanks so much for allowing us to service your event--and for taking time to provide us with a great review. It was truly enjoyable to handle your event.

Capacine · Married on 01/05/2015

Catering By Vest is fantastic. The food was scrumptious and the staff was superb. They will be our family caterer from now on. Many thanks to them for making our son's wedding day a beautiful event.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Catering By Vest's reply:

It was so nice to see family come together at such a wonderful wedding reception. We were delighted to be a part of this memorable event. We wish the young couple continuing happiness.

Carla · Married on 09/20/2014

Catering By Vest did an exceptional job catering my Wedding. My husband and I were very pleased with their professionalism, customer service and most importantly their DELICIOUS food!! Everything turned out exactly the way we wanted it to. Our guest have still been raving about how good the food was. I would highly recommend them to caterer your next event. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Catering By Vest's reply:

We enjoyed the entire process of working with you on your event. We are delighted that you were pleased and appreciate your sharing those thoughts.

Lenee · Married on 09/26/2013

Amazing Staff. Awesome customer service, and the food was outstanding. I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Catering By Vest's reply:

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts on our cuisine and serves. We were honored to be a part of your lovely event at Oxon Hill Manor.

Kim · Married on 09/07/2013

It was a pleasure working with Ms. Carol and the Catering By Vest staff. Knowing the catering aspect of my wedding was in good hands provided me the peace of mind I needed on that day. My guest raved about how excellent the food was, which pleased me even more. I would recommend Catering By Vest to all my friends and family for future events.

Thank you Ms. Carol and Happy Holidays to you and Family!
    Mr. & Mrs. Walker El

Sent on 12/28/2016

Catering By Vest's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. We were so honored to be a part of your wonderful event.

Dawn · Married on 07/13/2013

Mr. Vest and his staff were wonderful!! The food was great and I would highly recommend them for their services!

• Kysha

Kysha · Married on 06/23/2013

Loved the food, very personal and professional and the guest still talk about how good the food was today!

Sarika · Married on 06/09/2013

My husband and I are not a typical couple as we are both very unique. Our wedding theme was the combination of his likes and my likes to signify the joinging of two people as one. CBV rose to the challenge as we did not go for a traditional meal. It was a combination of his favorite food and mines. It was just as unique as we are. The food was wonderful and worked so well together that they actually complimented one another (just like us!). Everyone is still talking about the great quality, taste, and flavor of the food. If the rating could be higher believe us they deserve a 10+. They will be catering our daughter's Sweet Sixteen in October so we are looking forward to some more great food!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/27/2013

Catering by Vest was a great selection for us. After meeting Carol for our tasting we knew the food would be good, but the food served on the wedding day blew us away. It was delicious and the service was great. The Vest team was efficient in setting up and transitioning seating between ceremony and reception. Their focus on serving the sweetheart table first (even though we had a buffet dinner) was a really nice touch. They really did a great job with such an important part of our big day.

tonya · Married on 04/06/2013

CBV is top notch! Our wedding was April 6, 2013 @ 6:00pm. CBV arrived at the venue minutes earlier than planned...that's an awesome thing for a bride to see - the catering company arriving earlier than originally planned. Their staff was absolutely amazing - very professional, great customer service. Oh, and did I mention the food - the guests are still talking about the great food! It is safe to say that my husband and I will be using CBV for all upcoming events.

Thanks CBV!!!!

Justin · Married on 11/23/2012

My wife actually found Catering By Vest here on Wedding Wire. We got in contact with them; they were very responsive and worked with us starting from November 2011 until our wedding day: Friday, November 23, 2012.

The attention to details, coupled with the immense experience and professionalism that was implemented by Catering By Vest was impeccable.

Our family and friends talked profoundly by the lusciousness of the food at our wedding.

Chef Thomas and his entire staff truly surpassed our expectation. We’re very elated to have had them as our wedding caterer.

And we look forward to working with them for all our future catering needs.

Sent on 12/21/2012

Catering By Vest's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful response. We indeed enjoyed working with both of you during the entire period of time. Your positive attitude and professional way of working with us really was a great plus. We look forward to the opportunity to connect with you in the future. Chef Thomas and Carol Vest

Jean · Married on 10/20/2012

We could not have been more pleased with the service and professionalism of Vest catering. Most importantly the food was remarkable!

Terrell · Married on 09/07/2012

I wish I could rate Catering By Vest higher than this!!! This company is by far the best at what they do, from the food which our guest are still raving about, the professionalism they protrayed on our wedding day was over and beyond, and Mrs. Vest herself who I will hold near to my heart is the heart of this company. My day of coordinator who was suppose to keep me calm and handle all of the miniture fires that arise was a serious let down however; Mrs Carole came to me and knew I was not happy with the decor. By the time I came down the stairs to get married the venue was breathtaking. The decor this company does along with the food is worth every penny!!!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Catering By Vest's reply:

Thanks so much for those wonderful words. We are happy that we added value to such a beautiful event. Truly we wish you well.

Desaray · Married on 07/02/2012

Mr. and Mrs. Vest were great! They were very understanding and professional when we didn't really know what we wanted for our wedding. They clearly explained all our options based on our budget with no hidden costs. Also, they were super patient with us when we ran into some financial issues. They didn't hound us or act inconvenienced when we needed to make some changes based on our budget.
    On the day of the wedding the team was on time and worked hard they even helped to set up our (very simple) centerpieces.
    Finally, Mrs. Vest was a great help not only with the food but also with making sure that the day's events went smoothly. She was there the entire day to explain any changes and give us updates on her people's work.
    Mr. Vest was in the kitchen and ready to offer his congratulations at the end of the day. He and his associates were working hard and were quick and efficient in cleaning up.
    My husband and I didn't really get to eat much and the Vests kindly made both of us a full plate of food to take home.

In all, Catering by Vest was amazing. My husband and I are truly grateful for the experience they provided.

Catering By Vest did a fantastic job and we couldn't have been happier with our evening. Numerous guests told us how much they enjoyed the dinner, appetizers and desert. Catering By Vest staff went out of their way to accommodate us and delivered on every promise they made - they executed perfectly our vision for what the room should look like and how the evening should flow. Chef Thomas and his wife Carol are the best! We were extremely happy with Catering By Vest and highly recommend their services! Micki&Vic

Joseph · Married on 05/28/2012

Chef Thomas and staff are amazing. We had never dreamed our wedding to be so magical and flawless. Our guest were awed with the beautiful presentations and DELICIOUS culinary work. From start to finish Chef Thomas and Carol will take the vision of your special day and make it come to life. The both of them will put there many years of experience to work for you. Carol will have a consultation with you about the type of event you are looking for. She does a great job at getting all the details small and big. Carol will even help you with giving you the best layout plan for your venue so you are using every space available to accomadate all that you want for your wedding. Chef Thomas has the Culinary side of the team. He knows food and will tell you all about the many senses he is always trying to satisfy when he is producing his art. I say art because it is beautiful when he displays it and your guess will be asking for seconds if not a third serving. The appitizers started it our event and there was plenty flowing as his staff served our guest. Just when you think that you have seen all the selections you choose ahead of time the Chef will surprise you with something different that will have your guess asking "what was that? It was delicious". Please do yourself a favor and ask for the sweet potato tart. As for the dinner, it was amazing. The dinner was 5 star quality. Starting out with the aromas coming from the kitchen it caught everyone's attention. Second, the presentation with the vegetables cut in different patterns and designs was awesome. Somebody has great knife skills. Last but not least the overall taste of everything was superb. The taste of this food is so good that you would have thought a world renowned Chef had prepared it for President Obama. Our overall experience with Catering by Vest was outstanding and we would recomend them to everyone who wants to have an event big or small. They will make your event one that will be remember forever.

tasha · Married on 05/19/2012

Food is delicious, I only had one problem with them and that was the time my wedding was suppose to start at 6 I asked the food be ready by 7 of course no wedding is really on time one thing I expected was the food to be done the wedding itself didnt start til 7 which pushed my reception back til 8 and the food was still being setup making it even later before being served, other than that I loved them they are great reasonable prices, great food, and the staff itself is very friendly and polite and works with you.

• naturalbrown

Nyime · Married on 04/28/2012

Cater By Vest is the BEST!!! From our initial consultation to the execution of the event we recieved the royal treatment. Mrs. Vest is such a lovely person, she offers the perfect introduction to a very professional and responsive experience. I must have flipped flopped betwen ivory and peach dinner napkins maybe 5 or 6 times. Mrs. Vest was very patient and kind. Our table settings and decor looked fabulous!! Chef Thomas....everyone raved about how flavorful the food was on our wedding day! Even the wait staff/servers were incredible, consistant with the same quality of service that we recieved from Mrs. Vest and Chef Thomas. Most importantly to my husband and I, they offer flexibilty with the budget. If you are looking for personable service and GREAT food for a reasonble price... look no further Catering by Vest offers it all. Yummy!