58 Reviews for Catering By Vest

Mexican (1)
Seafood (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)

My, my, my... What can I say about Catering by Vest. They were absolutely wonderful! Carol Vest and I worked for months to get a menu that worked best for us. Carol and I communicated via email, text and phone up to the day of the wedding. Carol Vest absolutely surprised me with some of the services she provided at no additional cost. The food was OUT OF THE WORLD GOOD!!!!! Everyone enjoyed the food. I was hoping that food would be left over but it was so good there wasn't a crumb left! I highly recommend Carol Vest and Catering By Vest as a caterer.

Profile Picture Pamela, 7/3/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Southern

I contacted Carol of Catering By Vest to discuss my daughter’s 6/28/18 wedding and I’m so glad I did!

From the tasting to the responsiveness to the service and the food - EVERYTHING was perfect!!

Carol paid attention to every detail - we had special requests for vegans / vegetarians and 1 guest who was allergic to garlic! The food was not only DELICIOUS but looked GOOD! The fruit display was AMAZING!! The reception set up was BEAUTIFUL!

Our guests KEPT saying how nice everything was!

I can’t recommend Catering by Vest enough!!

Lisa

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/28/18, 1 Review
4.7

As the bride, I was only able take a bite out of a few items because I was trying to be attentive to everyone, but our guests couldn't stop raving about how good the food was. We had up to 170 guests, and they were really on top of their game. I'm very glad we went with Vest, it was definitely worth it. Carol Vest was wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, American, Asian, Cajun, Mediterranean, Seafood, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s)
4.7

Carol was very helpful in helping us prepare for our wedding. She proposed a menu for us and was accommodating when we made a few specific - and unusual - requests. She and her staff were able to adapt to working in our somewhat unusual venue without problem. Carol's staff was courteous and professional. I will only mention three minor criticisms. The food could have been warmer, the service could have started earlier, and the beef did not taste the same as it did when we had sampled it. Still, I'd recommend them to anyone, especially for their price.

Profile Picture Matthew, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Catering by Vest met and exceeded my expectations for my husbands birthday celebration at Oxon Hill Manor. I planned this black tie event in two months and the Vest staff worked with me to make sure that my menu selections and presentation were executed flawlessly.

Profile Picture Donna, 11/10/17, 1 Review
4.7

Many people complimented not only our food but also the professionalism of her staff, which was outstanding. Carol went above and beyond to work with our point of contact for the venue who was quite challenging and seemed to undermine her work. Whereas other caterers would have responded in a defensive manner, she was quite accommodating and flexible and remained professional. The food overall was good and any challenges we had we attributed primarily to our wedding timeline being pushed back in addition to our venue’s lack of kitchen. The salmon was the best!

Profile Picture Jeff, 10/21/17, 1 Review
0.9

Horrible servicing by her staff during me and my wife's wedding day. And charged us $2,000 extra for only 10-15 more invitees. To add, the food was not what we asked for, and her staff didn't do not ONE THING, but serve drinks.

I WOULD NOT recommend this catering company AT ALL!

Profile Picture Jovan, 8/27/17, 1 Review
4.1

Overall, we were pleased with Catering by Vest and would recommend them to anyone in the area. The food, cooked by one of the owners of Catering by Vest, is outstanding. Everyone always worries that the quality of the food on their wedding day won't match up to what they tried at the tasting-- that was not the case here. The food was just as good or better. Carol was very accommodating from the beginning, emphasizing that it was our event, with our vibe, and that they wanted it to be just how we wanted it-- every detail included. I really appreciated that. We got to tweak the menu just how we wanted. We also really appreciated how they provided a personal server for our sweetheart table, who always made sure our drinks were filled and asked if there was any food we wanted. She provided food to our table so we didn't have to get in line with the guests. A few things that we agreed Catering by Vest could improve upon are their communication and professionalism. There were a few times when we had to repeatedly email about the same question or concern, and it didn't seem to be answered, or the answer was confusing. There were a couple times when I felt that for a company that has been in business for 30+ years, they could have been more professional in how they handled concerns and details. I think it would help if they hired an assistant or two. That being said, their manner was always friendly, it was simply that sometimes I worried that details were slipping between the cracks, so to speak. In the end, everything went perfectly on the wedding day, so I think it was a matter of miscommunication, which could have been cleared up if Carol was clearer in her emails and kept better track of details. If you are a type-A bride or groom, and have a helping hand or wedding coordinator, you can probably maneuver these minor issues just fine and you'll be rewarded with some of the highest quality food for an extremely good value.

Profile Picture Gayden, 8/26/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Asian, Italian, Mexican, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Catering by Vest was fantastic to work with. The food was delicious and the presentation and service were very professional. Carol provided wonderful recommendations from appetizers to the main course. When we walked into the tasting, she had everything elegantly setup! She provided linen and china selections to complement our vision and the wedding décor was extremely beautiful!. Anyone who is looking for an caterer that will provide great food, beautiful décor at a reasonable price should book Catering by Vest :) Thank you, Carol.

Profile Picture carolina, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The experience I had with Vest Catering was wonderful! As it was a very special occasion I was understandably nervous but there was no need to be everything went off without a hitch (or a least my guest and I didn't know it if there was). The responsiveness and gentle care that Carol Vest took when speaking with me about my desired menu and vision for the venue and co-ordination with my planner was invaluable. The food, attentiveness of the servers and their willingness to go above and beyond for my guest, made my reception a very joyous occasion. Thank you for all of you hard work!

Profile Picture Marie, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Carol was true to her word. Professional and kind. Chef prepared delicious appetizers and entrees that were (according to guest) out of this world. Wait staff couldn't be better. Clean up, went off without a hitch. Catering by Vest has my highest recommendation. As a busy Executive I needed a catering company I could count on. They fulfilled their mission and then some. The drama thank the Lord was not from our Caterig company but rather from our DJ. Staff handled even that with finesse. hats off to Caterig by Vest.

Profile Picture Deborah, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Food was amazing would recommend to anyone.

Profile Picture User6746935, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Carol and her husband were awesome to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Everybody talked about how good the food was.

Profile Picture Matthew, 4/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Signature Drink, American, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert

Catering service was top notch! From the very beginning, Catering By Vest understood what we needed to make our 40th wedding anniversary an elegant affair. They were friendly, warm and assuring. They gave us a night to remember!

LSM & MM

Profile Picture mary, 1/22/17, 1 Review
3.6

I just decided to copy and paste my Yelp review:

I want to start off by saying the service was really good. The staff was on time with setting up the venue and were prompt when changes had to be made. Staff were dressed appropriately and were very attentive. The presentation of the food was beautiful as well. I was so pleased with it. Carol, the manager checked in with me multiple times to see how everything was and I appreciated that. My day of coordinator relayed that when she asked for refills, etc., the staff was very prompt with it, so that is definitely a plus.

The only issue I had was that a day after the event, my guests complained about cold food. The food ranged from "so cold i couldn't even eat it" to "it was kind of cold, but I still ate it." I wish that would have been brought to my attention during the event, but it wasn't so I couldn't tell you how the company would have handled it. However, cold food should have never been served in the first place, so I took off a few stars for that. If not for that, this company would easily get five stars. After speaking with the catering manager about it, I received an apology and an explanation that the food was considered room temperature and that if she was aware, it would have been handled quickly.

So, I will my share my own personal thoughts about the food. The temperature of my food was fine. I loved the food. My menu consisted of spanakopita (which was ok, but i got that for my vegetarian guests), chicken kabobs (which were delicious), teriyaki beef kabobs (again, delicious), curry chicken salad (which vastly differed from what I had at the tasting, but it was amazing), and crab cakes (they were just ok. I did not taste them beforehand, but the guests liked them). The lemonade was very sweet and good. I don't drink iced tea, but my husband liked it.

Overall, if I needed a caterer in the future, I would definitely use them again and pay close attention to the food temperature.

Profile Picture User7378173, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.7

Catering By Vest (CBV) was amazing. We met a few times in person and had some phone conferences, where I expressed our vision for our May 26, 2016 wedding and Mrs. Carol made our vision into a reality. With the help of my decorator, coordinator, and the catering company, the table settings were beautiful! Everyone raved about the food and it's flavor! And above all, Mrs. Carol was extremely professional, flexible, and kind throughout the process.

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Catering By Vest is fantastic. The food was scrumptious and the staff was superb. They will be our family caterer from now on. Many thanks to them for making our son's wedding day a beautiful event.

Profile Picture Capacine, 1/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Catering By Vest did an exceptional job catering my Wedding. My husband and I were very pleased with their professionalism, customer service and most importantly their DELICIOUS food!! Everything turned out exactly the way we wanted it to. Our guest have still been raving about how good the food was. I would highly recommend them to caterer your next event. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Carla, 9/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing Staff. Awesome customer service, and the food was outstanding. I would definitely use them again.

Profile Picture Lenee, 9/26/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My guests RAVED about the food and enjoyed multiple servings. Great job!

Profile Picture Brooke, 9/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

It was a pleasure working with Ms. Carol and the Catering By Vest staff. Knowing the catering aspect of my wedding was in good hands provided me the peace of mind I needed on that day. My guest raved about how excellent the food was, which pleased me even more. I would recommend Catering By Vest to all my friends and family for future events.

Thank you Ms. Carol and Happy Holidays to you and Family!
Mr. & Mrs. Walker El

Profile Picture Kim, 9/7/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Mr. Vest and his staff were wonderful!! The food was great and I would highly recommend them for their services!

Profile Picture Dawn , 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Loved the food, very personal and professional and the guest still talk about how good the food was today!

Profile Picture Kysha, 6/23/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I are not a typical couple as we are both very unique. Our wedding theme was the combination of his likes and my likes to signify the joinging of two people as one. CBV rose to the challenge as we did not go for a traditional meal. It was a combination of his favorite food and mines. It was just as unique as we are. The food was wonderful and worked so well together that they actually complimented one another (just like us!). Everyone is still talking about the great quality, taste, and flavor of the food. If the rating could be higher believe us they deserve a 10+. They will be catering our daughter's Sweet Sixteen in October so we are looking forward to some more great food!

Profile Picture Sarika, 6/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Catering by Vest was a great selection for us. After meeting Carol for our tasting we knew the food would be good, but the food served on the wedding day blew us away. It was delicious and the service was great. The Vest team was efficient in setting up and transitioning seating between ceremony and reception. Their focus on serving the sweetheart table first (even though we had a buffet dinner) was a really nice touch. They really did a great job with such an important part of our big day.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/27/13, 5 Reviews