Catering by Seasons Reviews

Catering by Seasons 6
Catering by Seasons 7

Mk Mk · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Excellent Caterer - Strongly Recommend

We had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Catering by Seasons / La Prima, and Dina Silnicky in particular, for our son's March 2019 bar mitzvah. Everything was absolutely delicious, of course, and earned rave reviews from our guests. Even more impressive, however, was how hard Dina, Oscar (captain), and all of the Seasons staff worked to make sure everything was perfect. We weren't working with a planner, and I couldn't be there during set-up - but they worked so hard to make sure everything was in place, it was seamless (or they made it appear so!). Dina worked with us right from the beginning and fielded all of my many questions, was constantly available to us, and just a pleasure to work with. She even went out of her way to find my foodie 11yo during the cocktail hour so he wouldn't miss out on his favorite hors d'oeuvre from our tasting (Peking duck rolls) - and we ended up having to change our venue plans for his 2020 bar mitzvah, so he can have (not so kosher style) duck rolls there. They really went over and above. Our final bill was exactly what we anticipated, no surprises - and the cost was entirely in line or better with what comparable caterers we looked at were charging. There was so much food left over that we froze eleven dinners-for-four afterwards - lots of dinners ready for us when I'm busy planning the next one. We will definitely be using Seasons and Dina again. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Kirby

Kirby · Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic Team & Fantastic Food!

Catering by Seasons was a recommended vendor for our venue, and we were lucky they were! Katie, our Catering Lead, was absolutely incredible. She was thorough, organized, and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was amazing. She made sure that all of our food and bar service was perfectly executed the day of, I didn't even have to give it a second thought. The service staff and bartenders were attentive and professional. Guests could not stop talking about how good the food was the next day! Katie's attention to detail paired with Catering by Seasons' amazing food and staff lead to a truly great wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Brunch Wedding

Glynis and the team that we worked with were incredible. I was initially drawn to Catering by Seasons due to their eco-friendly practices and felt that everything else was less important to me. Luckily, the quality of the food and service was incredible. Glynis was supportive and happy to do whatever we asked. We wanted to do an espresso bar for our brunch wedding and she handled the whole thing. She also handled rental of unique furniture pieces and I didn't lift a finger! The options for seating, linens, and other decor were extensive and we easily found items to fit our taste. The food was wonderful, and they were easily able to accommodate my need for gluten free options, including crepes!! The person dedicated to my husband and myself, Oscar, was wonderful. We got to sit and eat our full meals before mingling and I was SO grateful for that. Glynis was flexible with us up to the last minute and really the whole team was a dream to work with.

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Annora

Annora · Married on 04/13/2019

Fantastic, responsive partners in making our wedding happen

I cannot say enough good things about Seasons and about Katie McAuliffe, our Event Manager. I initially contacted five our six caterers on our venue's approved list and Seasons was the only one to show me what I asked for -- a brunch menu. She was in contact with us for basically the entire year we were planning the wedding, and always had thoughtful answers for our many, many questions. I cannot stress enough how supported and respected we felt by Katie. We were invested at a level that's maybe not super common (we were interested to know the exact breakdown of the glassware, for example), but Katie was cheerful and helpful at every step. Whenever we wanted to do something unconventional she was 100% game. On the day of, the food was delicious (I recommend the mocha macarons in particular) and everyone commented on how excited they were to eat the food we'd been raving about all year. The staff were also super supportive as we dealt with needing to use our rain plan and when the venue made a mistake that impacted our catering service. I would absolutely recommend Catering by Seasons to anyone who wants to work with competent, caring professionals and then eat some delicious food.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Paul

Paul Brigner · Married on 04/05/2019

Exceeded Our Highest Expectations; Amazing Food, Great Staff, Ultimate Flexibility

Catering by Seasons was truly amazing at our wedding, and I am happy to give them my highest recommendation. The food was superb, the Event Manager (Misty Zany) brought years of experience and professionalism to each of our interactions with her, the Executive Chef (Kyle Vermeulen) was accommodating to my smallest requests and always had a calm and professional demeanor, and the Captain (Oscar) was fantastic in managing a large crew while simultaneously being available to handle any request.

I should also mention that this was a difficult event to cater. It was in our home, so Seasons had to establish their staging area outside. Our house was jam-packed with guests spread across multiple rooms making it difficult to coordinate service. I was very picky about our bar service; I had a full bar with a long list of drinks from which guests could choose. The Seasons bartender used my list and made all of our guests very happy. They handled every challenge with ease.

To be very candid, I cannot imagine any catering service doing a better job. We received rave reviews from guests and even our other vendors. Quite simply, Catering by Seasons was instrumental in making our Big Day magical. We are sincerely thankful to them and happily give Catering by Seasons our highest recommendation.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Courtney Schettino · Married on 03/09/2019

Great Catering!

We worked with Misty Zani from Seasons and she was awesome! She and her team were very easy to work with and the food was super delicious. Everything was also reasonably priced, great value for the product. The day-of staff of servers and bartenders are kind and professional - 10 out of 10.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Laura · Married on 11/11/2018

Awesome service, awesome food, couldn't recommend more highly!

We hired Catering by Seasons to cater our wedding at the Josephine Butler Parks Center and are so glad we did. Alberto was incredibly responsive throughout the process and so willing to work with us to get within our budget. I also really loved that they didn’t nickel and dime us throughout the process – after we wanted to try a few more hors d’oeuvres options, he happily let us come back for another tasting of the ones we requested without charging us an extra fee, like some other companies do. Day of, he and his staff handled the event flawlessly! Before the event, he was so helpful in providing layout suggestions based on his many years of experience, and that advice worked out perfectly! His team also did a great job flipping the room to set up the dinner tables between the ceremony and reception, and were super attentive to us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed. Finally, the food was awesome! We got so many compliments about how good the food was! As we all know, sometimes wedding food can be dry or tasteless, but our food had no such issues! Everything was perfect and tasty! Thank you Alberto and team for helping us execute an excellent wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Jamie · Married on 10/30/2018

Exceptional!

We were thrilled with our recent experience with Catering by Seasons. Catering Manager, Glynis Keith, and her outstanding team truly went above and beyond to make our son's Bar Mitzvah luncheon an outstanding affair. The food was delicious and creative -- friends were raving about the made to order crepe station, the French toast bar, the mini sliders, the bloody mary bar, etc etc. We wanted our affair to be elegant and whimsical but yet not over the top. Glynis understood what we were aiming for from day 1 and she helped it come to fruition perfectly. Glynis went above and beyond to help us create the perfect day. She not only helped us plan the menu but she also stepped in to help us with so many other aspects of our affair. She helped us select several other vendors and she was on point the day of the event to help ensure all ran smoothly. We could not have done this without her. Glynis and her team are the utmost professionals. We HIGHLY recommend Catering by Seasons.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Samara Gerson · Married on 10/20/2018

Will recommend to anyone who asks

I contacted Seasons based on a Google search for "bar mitzvah caterers in DC" and was contacted very quickly by Glynis Keith. From her introduction email and our first phone call, she set herself apart from other catering companies I spoke with by coming up with creative, budget-conscious and fun food ideas for our reception. She has a "make it work" approach to all challenges (venue space limitations, various dietary restrictions, and budgets) and took charge in a positive and not pushy way. The food offerings were plentiful and delicious (many of my foodie and picky friends and family agreed). The choice of linens were beautiful. The service was fast and professional. She coordinated seamlessly with the DJ to make the flow of the evening's schedule smooth. We felt very comfortable trusting Glynis and her team with catering our party, and we will use her and recommend her to anyone who asks.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Suzanne · Married on 10/05/2018

Wonderful experience

We found Seasons from a list provided by our venue, and we were so happy we did. From planning to break down of the reception, all of the staff were extremely professional, attentive, and accommodating. I appreciated that our contacts had much insight to offer, especially on our reception space, and could offer knowledgeable guidance, while helping us to accomplish our vision. Our captain Oscar was absolutely wonderful and also made sure my spouse and I were well fed, while mingling with guests. He kindly wrapped up our leftovers, which were devoured at the after party. And most importantly, the food was delicious! We received many compliments from our guests (‘My glass was literally never empty all night.’) on the food and service. Overall, a wonderful experience that helped make our wedding all that we could’ve hoped for.

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

A wonderful experience from start to finish

Working with Glynis to cater our wedding in Chevy Chase this past fall was an absolute pleasure. Glynis is professional, experienced and easy to work with. We were thrilled with every detail from Catering by Seasons and can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • User4875282 · Recently married

Glynis Keith, and her team at Catering by Seasons, provided us with a rehearsal dinner that exceeded our expectations. I wanted to provide a traditional Maryland crab feast for my son’s rehearsal dinner. Once I found the rental property that would serve as the site for the dinner, Glynis met me at the property along with Brian from Electric Events DC. We discussed many options for the event and Glynis offered suggestions while listening to my requests. I felt I had a partner who shared my dream and worked to make the dream a reality. Fast forward to the event day: weather concerns popped up and Glynis was available each time I reached out to her. We were able to finalize plans that turned out to be perfect - no matter the weather. The crab feast was cooked on site by a very professional staff. Everything was top notch from the presentation to the service. We could not have asked for a more perfect night. Thanks, Glynis and Caterning by Seasons, for providing an evening our family will never forget.

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Catering by Seasons 13
    Catering by Seasons 14
    Catering by Seasons 15

Meredith · Married on 07/08/2018

Stefanie was such a huge help! Everything was smooth, she helped us find ways to cut costs and advocated for us with our venue. Some family members expressed that there weren't enough hors d'oeuvres passed at cocktail hour, but otherwise the food was delicious, the staff was phenomenal and everything was efficient and professional. I walked into the reception and couldn't believe it was my wedding - it looked beautiful! I am so grateful to Stefanie and her team.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Congratulations Meredith! Thank you for your kind words. The Catering by Seasons team works really hard to make every meal special.

Leslie · event on 05/25/2018

Glynis was a pleasure to work with. She created a menu and revised it a few times to make sure it was perfect and meet our needs. The display of the food was beautiful and our guests said the food was outstanding. I can't wait to use Glynis and her crew at our next catered event.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Thank you Leslie for your kind words! We'll be sharing them with all the crew at Catering by Seasons. We look forward to working with you again, as well!

Jenevieve · Married on 05/19/2018

It was a pleasure to work with Alberto Trevizo and Catering by Seasons. Alberto was knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and was very accommodating when we had to postpone our wedding one year. Cocktail hour and dinner service ran smoothly, and the food was good. We were not as happy with Catering by Seasons’ subrental company, as the quote for rentals was higher than the original estimated quote after we chose our actual rentals, and we did not make significant upgrades in rentals. The quote did decrease when we submitted our final head count, which decreased the number of rentals needed. Additionally, the subrental company sent the wrong tablecloths for the reception, and despite Alberto’s best efforts, the correct ones did not get there before the reception. Luckily, we liked the tablecloths they sent, and none of our guests were the wiser! We would absolutely recommend working with Alberto and Catering by Seasons, but our advice is to (1) nail down more specifics on linens early, if you’re worried about cost, and (2) take a photo of and re-confirm all of the linens before the day of the wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Tobi · Married on 05/06/2018

Catering By Seasons exceeded my expectation. I used them for a brunch at my house after my son’s bar mitzvah. The level of professionalism along with their responsiveness made me feel at ease right away. I worked with Glynis and she was unbelievably amazing. The food was fantastic, the attention to my no nuts requirment was so appreciated and the staff was diligent and friendly. Highly recommend them. I will definitely use them again. —Tobi

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Catering by Seasons 16

Hello Tobi,
    We strive to do our best each and every day. Glynis and team will be thrilled with your kind words!

Dana · Married on 04/28/2018

Glynis Keith from Catering By Seasons was fabulous to work with. She was not only responsive to all my questions and concerns, but she went out of her way to add little touches to pull the whole event together. The menu was wonderful and my guests all raved about the food. The Catering by Seasons staff was amazing - from the chef to the bartenders. I would not hesitate to use them again!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Thanks Dana for your wonderful words. We are so happy to have been able to help make your day a memorable one.

Robin · Married on 03/17/2018

I don't see how you can do better than working with Dina and Catering by Seasons. Dina can offer something for ANYONE, but what is amazing is the quality of the food, and the ability to get healthy, interesting, and delicious options that appeal to all. The hearty, fresh salads at lunch made it a notch above what I could have expected. And our sit-down dinner was interesting, modern, and loved by all! Thank you!

Sent on 03/28/2018

D · Married on 10/28/2017

We went with Glynis Keith again for our affair at Temple Beth Ami and it was the best decision we made. From initial consultations on our food choices to the tasting and menu design and our reception, Glynis was a pleasure to work with and provided innovative food and drink options that our guests loved, like duck wontons and freshly made sangria. The food was served hot and delicious, and the service was attentive, especially for our guests with special dietary needs. Everyone raved about Seasons, and Glynis and her staff did an A+ job and was well worth it!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Rebecca · Married on 10/14/2017

Glynis Keith and Catering by Seasons were amazing! I've never received more compliments on the food for any party I've thrown. Glynis was clearly all in from the beginning. She was attentive, flexible, accommodating and had great ideas. I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 11/30/2017
    Catering by Seasons 17
    Catering by Seasons 18

C H · Married on 09/30/2017

We worked with Misty Zani at Catering by Seasons. Locally sourced organic ingredients were a must for us, and we were sold on the food quality and presentation at the tasting. Their proposal was right on budget and its terms were very accommodating. We made a few adjustments along the way without any issues. Misty had worked with the coordinator at our venue on numerous events, which proved very helpful. The staff on the day was very prepared, professional, and efficient, and they did a beautiful job of setting up the dining rooms. The bar setup out on the patio was also lovely, and the bartender couldn't have been more gracious. Misty also went the extra mile in accommodating several cultural food traditions that we wanted to incorporate and supplied ourselves, providing tables and everything needed to serve them. Our guests raved about the food in general, which made us feel extremely happy with our choice. Misti's recommendation of a chocolate mousse bar for dessert was a huge hit. (Wish I had some right now!)

Sent on 10/20/2017
  • Aleks

Aleks · Married on 09/23/2017

Alberto is the best catering manager ever!! Everything about working with Catering by Season, from the planning, communication, to the execution was phenomenal! We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and we asked the chef to make a special family recipe for one of our hors d'oeuvres, which was also delicious. The bartenders nailed all of the specialty cocktail recipes. The entire team was incredibly nice and professional.

We talked to 6 different catering companies recommended by our wedding venue (Josephine Butler Park Center) before selecting Catering by Seasons mainly because of Alberto; he was updating our quotes and proposals on the fly whereas other companies told us that they would get back to us in a week or two. His experience and attention to detail was evident, as was his desire to do an excellent job. I cannot recommend Catering by Season's enough, as our wedding turned out more beautifully and was more fun than I could have ever imagined! Thank you again, and once I get more pictures, I will be happy to share them :)

Sent on 10/02/2017
    Catering by Seasons 19

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Aleks, we a so happy to hear what a great experience you had. Alberto and team had a great time serving you and your guests! Congratulations!

Barbara · Married on 09/23/2017

Catering by Seasons catered my only daughter's and son-in-law's wedding reception in September. Alberto Trevizo and his team did an absolutely outstanding job, and I cannot complement them enough. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out- just great, smooth, and seamless from beginning to end. Alberto supervised his team in-person and made sure that my daughter, son-in-law, and I didn't have to worry about a single detail during the reception. We were just able to enjoy the wedding completely and have a wonderful time. All our guests loved the food that was served during the cocktail hour and dinner. My friends even said that they have never had such juicy chicken, such delicious brisket and ravioli. I emailed Alberto my family recipe for "pierogi," which was one of the appetizers, and the catering chef made them perfectly. Alberto's team worked tirelessly, professionally and with such positive attitudes to make sure that everything was flawless. I am very satisfied of the top quality of the food, beverages and service provided by Alberto Trevizo and his team; I highly recommend Catering by Seasons. I would give them 10 stars if I could!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Erica · Married on 09/16/2017

We used CBS and Glynis Keith for our September 2017 wedding at River Farm. We were absolutely blown away by the food and service provided. Even now, our guests still talk about how good their food was... even some saying 'the best wedding food ever'. My husband and I did not get to enjoy many of the passed or stationary appetizers as we were busy taking photos. However, from the photos I saw the spreads were beautiful and guests seemed to enjoy everything (there was not much left!). I did get to try the braised mini-tacos and the lamb pops- they were excellent albeit a bit messy to eat in a white dress! We started dinner with a seated salad. I am not a huge salad person and really wanted to use fresh, local, in season ingredients. We went with a Caprase Salad with Basil Sorbet, and it could not have been any better. It was so refreshing on a warm day- and I wish I could make caprase that well at home! We then had stations set up, and I wish I had the time (and stomach capacity) to have eaten more! The hand carved roast was perfect medium-rare, the mashed potato bar was flavorful, and the tomato tart was probably one of the best flatbread/pastry type dishes I had ever had. Everyone seemed to enjoy the crabcakes and the other dishes too, and I saw many guests going back for more! Our cakes were beautiful, and turned out exactly how I had pictured them- simple yet elegant. The wooden farm tables we stunning, and added our style to our day. The colors, china, and silverware all ended up matching better than we could have ever planned. I would post pictures, but I think CBS used some pictures from our wedding on here and on their site, so just click their 'River Farm' page if you want to see more! Glynis & her team are extremely professional. From the first email, to the tasting, to the walk through, and day of- I still can't believe how well it turned out. Glynis & coordinator Events By Stacie D also worked so well together- I was seriously impressed!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Erica! We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you and your guests. Congratulations!