Catering by Seasons Reviews

Catering by Seasons 5
Catering by Seasons 6
Catering by Seasons 7

Laura · Married on 11/11/2018

Awesome service, awesome food, couldn't recommend more highly!

We hired Catering by Seasons to cater our wedding at the Josephine Butler Parks Center and are so glad we did. Alberto was incredibly responsive throughout the process and so willing to work with us to get within our budget. I also really loved that they didn’t nickel and dime us throughout the process – after we wanted to try a few more hors d’oeuvres options, he happily let us come back for another tasting of the ones we requested without charging us an extra fee, like some other companies do. Day of, he and his staff handled the event flawlessly! Before the event, he was so helpful in providing layout suggestions based on his many years of experience, and that advice worked out perfectly! His team also did a great job flipping the room to set up the dinner tables between the ceremony and reception, and were super attentive to us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed. Finally, the food was awesome! We got so many compliments about how good the food was! As we all know, sometimes wedding food can be dry or tasteless, but our food had no such issues! Everything was perfect and tasty! Thank you Alberto and team for helping us execute an excellent wedding!

Jamie · Married on 10/30/2018

Exceptional!

We were thrilled with our recent experience with Catering by Seasons. Catering Manager, Glynis Keith, and her outstanding team truly went above and beyond to make our son's Bar Mitzvah luncheon an outstanding affair. The food was delicious and creative -- friends were raving about the made to order crepe station, the French toast bar, the mini sliders, the bloody mary bar, etc etc. We wanted our affair to be elegant and whimsical but yet not over the top. Glynis understood what we were aiming for from day 1 and she helped it come to fruition perfectly. Glynis went above and beyond to help us create the perfect day. She not only helped us plan the menu but she also stepped in to help us with so many other aspects of our affair. She helped us select several other vendors and she was on point the day of the event to help ensure all ran smoothly. We could not have done this without her. Glynis and her team are the utmost professionals. We HIGHLY recommend Catering by Seasons.

Samara Gerson · Married on 10/20/2018

Will recommend to anyone who asks

I contacted Seasons based on a Google search for "bar mitzvah caterers in DC" and was contacted very quickly by Glynis Keith. From her introduction email and our first phone call, she set herself apart from other catering companies I spoke with by coming up with creative, budget-conscious and fun food ideas for our reception. She has a "make it work" approach to all challenges (venue space limitations, various dietary restrictions, and budgets) and took charge in a positive and not pushy way. The food offerings were plentiful and delicious (many of my foodie and picky friends and family agreed). The choice of linens were beautiful. The service was fast and professional. She coordinated seamlessly with the DJ to make the flow of the evening's schedule smooth. We felt very comfortable trusting Glynis and her team with catering our party, and we will use her and recommend her to anyone who asks.

Suzanne · Married on 10/05/2018

Wonderful experience

We found Seasons from a list provided by our venue, and we were so happy we did. From planning to break down of the reception, all of the staff were extremely professional, attentive, and accommodating. I appreciated that our contacts had much insight to offer, especially on our reception space, and could offer knowledgeable guidance, while helping us to accomplish our vision. Our captain Oscar was absolutely wonderful and also made sure my spouse and I were well fed, while mingling with guests. He kindly wrapped up our leftovers, which were devoured at the after party. And most importantly, the food was delicious! We received many compliments from our guests (‘My glass was literally never empty all night.’) on the food and service. Overall, a wonderful experience that helped make our wedding all that we could’ve hoped for.

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

A wonderful experience from start to finish

Working with Glynis to cater our wedding in Chevy Chase this past fall was an absolute pleasure. Glynis is professional, experienced and easy to work with. We were thrilled with every detail from Catering by Seasons and can't recommend them highly enough!

• User4875282 · Recently married

Glynis Keith, and her team at Catering by Seasons, provided us with a rehearsal dinner that exceeded our expectations. I wanted to provide a traditional Maryland crab feast for my son’s rehearsal dinner. Once I found the rental property that would serve as the site for the dinner, Glynis met me at the property along with Brian from Electric Events DC. We discussed many options for the event and Glynis offered suggestions while listening to my requests. I felt I had a partner who shared my dream and worked to make the dream a reality. Fast forward to the event day: weather concerns popped up and Glynis was available each time I reached out to her. We were able to finalize plans that turned out to be perfect - no matter the weather. The crab feast was cooked on site by a very professional staff. Everything was top notch from the presentation to the service. We could not have asked for a more perfect night. Thanks, Glynis and Caterning by Seasons, for providing an evening our family will never forget.

Catering by Seasons 8
    Catering by Seasons 13
    Catering by Seasons 14
    Catering by Seasons 15

Meredith · Married on 07/08/2018

Stefanie was such a huge help! Everything was smooth, she helped us find ways to cut costs and advocated for us with our venue. Some family members expressed that there weren't enough hors d'oeuvres passed at cocktail hour, but otherwise the food was delicious, the staff was phenomenal and everything was efficient and professional. I walked into the reception and couldn't believe it was my wedding - it looked beautiful! I am so grateful to Stefanie and her team.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Congratulations Meredith! Thank you for your kind words. The Catering by Seasons team works really hard to make every meal special.

Jenevieve · Married on 05/19/2018

It was a pleasure to work with Alberto Trevizo and Catering by Seasons. Alberto was knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and was very accommodating when we had to postpone our wedding one year. Cocktail hour and dinner service ran smoothly, and the food was good. We were not as happy with Catering by Seasons’ subrental company, as the quote for rentals was higher than the original estimated quote after we chose our actual rentals, and we did not make significant upgrades in rentals. The quote did decrease when we submitted our final head count, which decreased the number of rentals needed. Additionally, the subrental company sent the wrong tablecloths for the reception, and despite Alberto’s best efforts, the correct ones did not get there before the reception. Luckily, we liked the tablecloths they sent, and none of our guests were the wiser! We would absolutely recommend working with Alberto and Catering by Seasons, but our advice is to (1) nail down more specifics on linens early, if you’re worried about cost, and (2) take a photo of and re-confirm all of the linens before the day of the wedding.

Tobi · Married on 05/06/2018

Catering By Seasons exceeded my expectation. I used them for a brunch at my house after my son’s bar mitzvah. The level of professionalism along with their responsiveness made me feel at ease right away. I worked with Glynis and she was unbelievably amazing. The food was fantastic, the attention to my no nuts requirment was so appreciated and the staff was diligent and friendly. Highly recommend them. I will definitely use them again. —Tobi

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Catering by Seasons 16

Hello Tobi,
    We strive to do our best each and every day. Glynis and team will be thrilled with your kind words!

Dana · Married on 04/28/2018

Glynis Keith from Catering By Seasons was fabulous to work with. She was not only responsive to all my questions and concerns, but she went out of her way to add little touches to pull the whole event together. The menu was wonderful and my guests all raved about the food. The Catering by Seasons staff was amazing - from the chef to the bartenders. I would not hesitate to use them again!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Thanks Dana for your wonderful words. We are so happy to have been able to help make your day a memorable one.

Robin · Married on 03/17/2018

I don't see how you can do better than working with Dina and Catering by Seasons. Dina can offer something for ANYONE, but what is amazing is the quality of the food, and the ability to get healthy, interesting, and delicious options that appeal to all. The hearty, fresh salads at lunch made it a notch above what I could have expected. And our sit-down dinner was interesting, modern, and loved by all! Thank you!

D · Married on 10/28/2017

We went with Glynis Keith again for our affair at Temple Beth Ami and it was the best decision we made. From initial consultations on our food choices to the tasting and menu design and our reception, Glynis was a pleasure to work with and provided innovative food and drink options that our guests loved, like duck wontons and freshly made sangria. The food was served hot and delicious, and the service was attentive, especially for our guests with special dietary needs. Everyone raved about Seasons, and Glynis and her staff did an A+ job and was well worth it!

Rebecca · Married on 10/14/2017

Glynis Keith and Catering by Seasons were amazing! I've never received more compliments on the food for any party I've thrown. Glynis was clearly all in from the beginning. She was attentive, flexible, accommodating and had great ideas. I couldn't recommend them more!

Catering by Seasons 17
    Catering by Seasons 18

C H · Married on 09/30/2017

We worked with Misty Zani at Catering by Seasons. Locally sourced organic ingredients were a must for us, and we were sold on the food quality and presentation at the tasting. Their proposal was right on budget and its terms were very accommodating. We made a few adjustments along the way without any issues. Misty had worked with the coordinator at our venue on numerous events, which proved very helpful. The staff on the day was very prepared, professional, and efficient, and they did a beautiful job of setting up the dining rooms. The bar setup out on the patio was also lovely, and the bartender couldn't have been more gracious. Misty also went the extra mile in accommodating several cultural food traditions that we wanted to incorporate and supplied ourselves, providing tables and everything needed to serve them. Our guests raved about the food in general, which made us feel extremely happy with our choice. Misti's recommendation of a chocolate mousse bar for dessert was a huge hit. (Wish I had some right now!)

• Aleks

Aleks · Married on 09/23/2017

Alberto is the best catering manager ever!! Everything about working with Catering by Season, from the planning, communication, to the execution was phenomenal! We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and we asked the chef to make a special family recipe for one of our hors d'oeuvres, which was also delicious. The bartenders nailed all of the specialty cocktail recipes. The entire team was incredibly nice and professional.

We talked to 6 different catering companies recommended by our wedding venue (Josephine Butler Park Center) before selecting Catering by Seasons mainly because of Alberto; he was updating our quotes and proposals on the fly whereas other companies told us that they would get back to us in a week or two. His experience and attention to detail was evident, as was his desire to do an excellent job. I cannot recommend Catering by Season's enough, as our wedding turned out more beautifully and was more fun than I could have ever imagined! Thank you again, and once I get more pictures, I will be happy to share them :)

Sent on 10/02/2017
    Catering by Seasons 19

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Aleks, we a so happy to hear what a great experience you had. Alberto and team had a great time serving you and your guests! Congratulations!

Barbara · Married on 09/23/2017

Catering by Seasons catered my only daughter's and son-in-law's wedding reception in September. Alberto Trevizo and his team did an absolutely outstanding job, and I cannot complement them enough. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out- just great, smooth, and seamless from beginning to end. Alberto supervised his team in-person and made sure that my daughter, son-in-law, and I didn't have to worry about a single detail during the reception. We were just able to enjoy the wedding completely and have a wonderful time. All our guests loved the food that was served during the cocktail hour and dinner. My friends even said that they have never had such juicy chicken, such delicious brisket and ravioli. I emailed Alberto my family recipe for "pierogi," which was one of the appetizers, and the catering chef made them perfectly. Alberto's team worked tirelessly, professionally and with such positive attitudes to make sure that everything was flawless. I am very satisfied of the top quality of the food, beverages and service provided by Alberto Trevizo and his team; I highly recommend Catering by Seasons. I would give them 10 stars if I could!

Erica · Married on 09/16/2017

We used CBS and Glynis Keith for our September 2017 wedding at River Farm. We were absolutely blown away by the food and service provided. Even now, our guests still talk about how good their food was... even some saying 'the best wedding food ever'. My husband and I did not get to enjoy many of the passed or stationary appetizers as we were busy taking photos. However, from the photos I saw the spreads were beautiful and guests seemed to enjoy everything (there was not much left!). I did get to try the braised mini-tacos and the lamb pops- they were excellent albeit a bit messy to eat in a white dress! We started dinner with a seated salad. I am not a huge salad person and really wanted to use fresh, local, in season ingredients. We went with a Caprase Salad with Basil Sorbet, and it could not have been any better. It was so refreshing on a warm day- and I wish I could make caprase that well at home! We then had stations set up, and I wish I had the time (and stomach capacity) to have eaten more! The hand carved roast was perfect medium-rare, the mashed potato bar was flavorful, and the tomato tart was probably one of the best flatbread/pastry type dishes I had ever had. Everyone seemed to enjoy the crabcakes and the other dishes too, and I saw many guests going back for more! Our cakes were beautiful, and turned out exactly how I had pictured them- simple yet elegant. The wooden farm tables we stunning, and added our style to our day. The colors, china, and silverware all ended up matching better than we could have ever planned. I would post pictures, but I think CBS used some pictures from our wedding on here and on their site, so just click their 'River Farm' page if you want to see more! Glynis & her team are extremely professional. From the first email, to the tasting, to the walk through, and day of- I still can't believe how well it turned out. Glynis & coordinator Events By Stacie D also worked so well together- I was seriously impressed!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Erica! We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you and your guests. Congratulations!

Amy · Married on 08/19/2017

We worked with Alberto for the planning of our wedding and he was wonderful. From our first phone call to the week of the wedding, he was so accommodating, responsive and flexible. Our tasting was tailored just to us- a private dinner with the meal we thought we'd like to have at the wedding. The attention to detail was what sold us. On the day of, everything was delicious.

Jimmy · Married on 08/06/2017

So many other reviewers have so well articulated the outstanding experience with Seasons, Glynnis and her team that I'm going to need a thesaurus to find some more superlatives to describe them! Seriously, it's all true!

We hired Seasons to cater our wedding but then decided to also use them for our day-before garden party. From the moment we met Glynnis to our initial tasting to our two events, Seasons has been a class act. Yes, their food is as wonderful and delicious as all the reviews say and the service was remarkable from every single person we encountered, no matter their position. Their only goal was to make sure we were taken care of in a way that would be memorable and unstressful. Our guests raved about the food, deserts and service. We always felt we were treated with love and honesty and not just as another client. It sounds sappy, but when you are planning a wedding the last thing you need is a "yes vendor" when you are under stress trying to pull all the pieces together and you might not make the most sensible decision. Glynnis was always there to guide, opine, cajole or insist (if needed) on the best choices and how to focus on the minutiae that matter vs. those that no one will remember or care about.

We'll forever be grateful for Seasons' part in making our wedding weekend so exceptional and creating wonderful memories for a lifetime.

Andrew & Jimmy

Sent on 08/27/2017

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Wow! It makes us all feel so proud to know that our team helped make your special day so memorable. It was our pleasure to serve you!

Janna · Married on 07/30/2017

The food was absolutely delicious- and we are a family of foodies! The guests at our son's July 30th wedding raved about the moist salmon over bok choy, lemon chicken, eggplant parmesan and garlic mashed potatoes. Several people said the salmon was the best they have ever tasted (we agree!- seriously 5-star restaurant quality). The food presentation was beautiful and everything was hot - and the buffet remained so well stocked. Plentiful portions - we had (very yummy) leftovers the day after the wedding.

We found working with Misty Zani a completely delightful experience. And her staff? The on-site server (Tisha) and bartender (Marco) were professional, helpful, on time, hard-working, and extremely personal to us AND our guests. A full-service caterer and event planner- Misty (senior event planner) helped us craft a menu within our budget and also gave us smashingly good ideas for décor at the venue as well. The "glowing" ferns in the fireplace and centerpieces (ferns in water with river rocks and floating candles) looked awesome!

We highly recommend Catering by Seasons- price point was spot on; portions were big, and the service was GREAT! The tastiness of the food was a 10! And Misty? She was so helpful in making our son's wedding an event to remember. We will absolutely secure Catering by Seasons for our daughter's wedding and other upcoming events. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review. I have shared with Misty, team and the entire company. We strive to bring our best to each event. We are proud to have been invited to help you celebrate your son's wedding!

Di · Married on 07/01/2017

This was second time we used Catering by Seasons. The first time for our oldest daughter and this time for our second daughter. This caterer was fabulous to work with, especially the Catering Manager, Mitsy Zani. From the first planning call to the menu tasting to the wedding reception, Misty and the entire catering team provided amazing personalized service, was extremely responsive and coordinated very smoothly with all the other vendors involved for a well communicated and executed event. We received so many compliments about the food and our daughter's comment was "everything was perfect". You can't get better than that! Thank you, Seasons!!!

Medina · Married on 06/24/2017

From beginning to end it was seamless. Glynis is a pleasure to work with and has excellent suggestions and ideas. Her entire wait staff and bartenders were truly concerned with our guests and meeting their needs. I received an abundance of feedback from my guests about the quality of the food and the attention to detail. I would use them again in a heart beat and have no reservations with referring them to any of my friends and family. We only went with heavy hor'dervors - I can only image how wonderful her actual dinners are. And Oh, the Wedding Cake was to die for!

Mindy · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I could not have been more pleased with Glynis Keith and Catering by Seasons. They catered our oldest child's Bar Mitzvah, and the food, service and presentation were all outstanding. From the tiniest guests and teenagers who raved about the buffet (especially the hand-dipped buttermilk chicken fingers- not the frozen garbage you usually see at these events) to the VERY generous seated plates of salmon and chicken bruscetta with plentiful vegetables and sides, salads with fresh berries, etc. for the adults, everyone was enjoying their meal. Many of our guests also commented to us how impressed they were with the delicious and unique appetizers for the cocktail hour. When I was worried that I would have to "play hostess" and stress the entire event, Catering by Seasons took care of everything, allowing me to relax and be a guest that could enjoy my son's special day. I'm so glad I know who we'll be using for my younger son's Bar Mitzvah- I wouldn't go with anyone else but Catering by Seasons!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/27/2017

I can't say enough good things about Seasons. They catered our wedding, and we heard nothing but rave's about the food all night. I honestly think it's the best food I've ever had at a wedding, so happy it happened to be my wedding! Glynis Keith is amazing - such a warm, genuine and talented person. She went out of her way to make sure that we had everything we needed-and not just myself and my husband, but our parents as well. She also acted as a de facto wedding coordinator, which was unbelievably helpful. She is a true professional, and a wonderful person. I highly recommend Seasons!