Catering by Seasons Reviews

197 | College Park, MD

197 Reviews for Catering by Seasons

Mk Mk · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Excellent Caterer - Strongly Recommend

We had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Catering by Seasons / La Prima, and Dina Silnicky in particular, for our son's March 2019 bar mitzvah. Everything was absolutely delicious, of course, and earned rave reviews from our guests. Even more impressive, however, was how hard Dina, Oscar (captain), and all of the Seasons staff worked to make sure everything was perfect. We weren't working with a planner, and I couldn't be there during set-up - but they worked so hard to make sure everything was in place, it was seamless (or they made it appear so!). Dina worked with us right from the beginning and fielded all of my many questions, was constantly available to us, and just a pleasure to work with. She even went out of her way to find my foodie 11yo during the cocktail hour so he wouldn't miss out on his favorite hors d'oeuvre from our tasting (Peking duck rolls) - and we ended up having to change our venue plans for his 2020 bar mitzvah, so he can have (not so kosher style) duck rolls there. They really went over and above. Our final bill was exactly what we anticipated, no surprises - and the cost was entirely in line or better with what comparable caterers we looked at were charging. There was so much food left over that we froze eleven dinners-for-four afterwards - lots of dinners ready for us when I'm busy planning the next one. We will definitely be using Seasons and Dina again. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Angela · Married on 10/25/2020

Beautiful, delectable savory and sweet treats to tantalize!

Glynis and the CBS team are awesome! The passion for great food and excellent customer service makes them the best. We got married over the weekend- after only having 3 weeks to plan our wedding. Because of this, and Covid consciousness, we didn’t try any of the Hors d’oeuvres or sweet treats we picked. Nevertheless everything was delicious. Our guests raved over and over about each dish, soup, bakery treat... I couldn’t be more sure that I will hire This team again. Highly recommended for sure. Trust that Glynis will present an amazing eating experience that will leave your guests talking about “the food” for days!!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Catering by Seasons's reply:

We are delighted you were so happy and appreciate your review. Now more than ever we understand how important it is for us to make your event seamless, enjoyable and delicious. We wish you a future of good times, good health and happiness. Please know you have our gratitude for trusting us with this important occasion.

Nataleigh Kohn · Married on 08/29/2020

Perfect micro-wedding experience!

Glynis from Catering By Seasons went above and beyond to help ensure our small, (very) last minute wedding at beautiful Woodend Sanctuary was a special, beautiful day with delicious food and drink. Would absolutely recommend for any event and would love to work with Glynis again.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Kim Cutler · Married on 04/11/2020

My twins B'nai Mitzvah couldnt have been better !

Dina and her team helped me to plan and execute my twins b'nai mitzvah. it couldn't have been easier ! she met with our whole family to discuss our vision for the event and to understand our preferences. In addition, she referred us to other vendors we needed and we couldn't have been happier. The food was delicious and my guests raved about the menu, the service and the gorgeous table settings and flowers. This isn't the first time with have worked with Dina at Seasons and it wont be the last !

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Tamara

Tamara Lyons · Married on 01/19/2020

Fantastic from start to finish!

I loved working with Seasons, especially Glynis, who was my point person for close to two years! The Bar Mitzvah was an amazing success in no small part because of the delicious food and gorgeous linens, not to mention the inventive signature cocktails and elaborate dessert display. Everyone raved about the food, which made me happy as I am a serious foodie. The pricing was competitive with the other three catering companies I considered, and there were no surprises at the end either. All in all, I will use Catering by Seasons for future events as they were wonderful!

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Dolores

Dolores Humphreys Barnes · Married on 12/10/2019

Wonderful Experience!

We hired Catering by Seasons for a backyard wedding in October, and couldn't be happier with the experience. From the start, Glynis was so much more than a caterer for our event. She listened to what we wanted, provided great options for everything, and was extremely flexible. She helped us navigate so many decisions and guided us through the smallest of details. She helped us coordinate with other vendors and professionals to turn our vision into a reality. The food was outstanding - inventive and delicious! The casual, yet elegant vibe was exactly what we wanted. We would highly recommend Glynis and Seasons for an event!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Betty

Betty · Married on 11/02/2019

A lovely and delicious experience!

We hired Catering by Seasons for our November 2019 wedding. We worked directly with Glynis Keith throughout the process from our first tasting, to designing a beautiful event space with linens and table settings to match our vision, to watching it all come together on our wedding day. She was amazing! Glynis even kept a close eye on me during the cocktail hour so I wouldn’t be holding the bone remnants of a devoured lamb lollipop in all my photos (thank you!). Glynis was very kind and warm to my family both during the planning process and on the day of our wedding.

Our wedding was the same day as the Nationals World Series parade and Seasons was able to accommodate a last minute change in plans for delivery which alleviated a great deal of stress for us. Glynis was flexible and accommodating to this change as well, which required her to wake up extremely early and stay close to our venue to make ensure everything ran smoothly and on time.

My husband and I had the hardest time selecting menu items for our cocktail hour and reception because everything we tried at our tasting was incredible. The food we selected was AWESOME and our guests are still talking about it... many have requested the “recipe” for the sangria they served. Our cake was gorgeous, looked like a perfect replica of my inspiration photo, and was absolutely delicious.

We couldn’t be happier with the quality of the experience and service we received from Seasons. The waitstaff at the reception were lovely.. professional, attentive, efficient, and friendly to our guests.

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Browning · Married on 10/04/2019

Top-Notch in Every Way

We hired Catering by Seasons for our wedding at Woodend Sanctuary in early October and were well-cared for from the start. Glynis is so much more than an awesome catering lead and helped us navigate the many decisions we hadn't even thought to contemplate. The food was awesome and fresh and we had so many stylish choices for decor and had no problem coming up with a concept that totally matched our style and vibe. They even were responsive to super helpful things like making up a special salad for my mom with no goat cheese and putting together a plate of raw veggies for my picky nephew. Service was awesome and totally professional in every way. Fully recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Terry

Terry Dalletezze · Married on 06/22/2019

Bat mitzvah

Katie mcAuliffe was amazing from the very beginning. Very warm and attentive. She made sure we were comfortable with every detail and was extremely accommodating for certain food restrictions. She even made sure that kosher meals from a different caterer were brought in for some of our guests. She is an asset for seasons and would be an asset for any company. Kudos to Katie

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Kirby

Kirby · Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic Team & Fantastic Food!

Catering by Seasons was a recommended vendor for our venue, and we were lucky they were! Katie, our Catering Lead, was absolutely incredible. She was thorough, organized, and went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was amazing. She made sure that all of our food and bar service was perfectly executed the day of, I didn't even have to give it a second thought. The service staff and bartenders were attentive and professional. Guests could not stop talking about how good the food was the next day! Katie's attention to detail paired with Catering by Seasons' amazing food and staff lead to a truly great wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Brunch Wedding

Glynis and the team that we worked with were incredible. I was initially drawn to Catering by Seasons due to their eco-friendly practices and felt that everything else was less important to me. Luckily, the quality of the food and service was incredible. Glynis was supportive and happy to do whatever we asked. We wanted to do an espresso bar for our brunch wedding and she handled the whole thing. She also handled rental of unique furniture pieces and I didn't lift a finger! The options for seating, linens, and other decor were extensive and we easily found items to fit our taste. The food was wonderful, and they were easily able to accommodate my need for gluten free options, including crepes!! The person dedicated to my husband and myself, Oscar, was wonderful. We got to sit and eat our full meals before mingling and I was SO grateful for that. Glynis was flexible with us up to the last minute and really the whole team was a dream to work with.

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Annora

Annora · Married on 04/13/2019

Fantastic, responsive partners in making our wedding happen

I cannot say enough good things about Seasons and about Katie McAuliffe, our Event Manager. I initially contacted five our six caterers on our venue's approved list and Seasons was the only one to show me what I asked for -- a brunch menu. She was in contact with us for basically the entire year we were planning the wedding, and always had thoughtful answers for our many, many questions. I cannot stress enough how supported and respected we felt by Katie. We were invested at a level that's maybe not super common (we were interested to know the exact breakdown of the glassware, for example), but Katie was cheerful and helpful at every step. Whenever we wanted to do something unconventional she was 100% game. On the day of, the food was delicious (I recommend the mocha macarons in particular) and everyone commented on how excited they were to eat the food we'd been raving about all year. The staff were also super supportive as we dealt with needing to use our rain plan and when the venue made a mistake that impacted our catering service. I would absolutely recommend Catering by Seasons to anyone who wants to work with competent, caring professionals and then eat some delicious food.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Paul

Paul Brigner · Married on 04/05/2019

Exceeded Our Highest Expectations; Amazing Food, Great Staff, Ultimate Flexibility

Catering by Seasons was truly amazing at our wedding, and I am happy to give them my highest recommendation. The food was superb, the Event Manager (Misty Zany) brought years of experience and professionalism to each of our interactions with her, the Executive Chef (Kyle Vermeulen) was accommodating to my smallest requests and always had a calm and professional demeanor, and the Captain (Oscar) was fantastic in managing a large crew while simultaneously being available to handle any request.

I should also mention that this was a difficult event to cater. It was in our home, so Seasons had to establish their staging area outside. Our house was jam-packed with guests spread across multiple rooms making it difficult to coordinate service. I was very picky about our bar service; I had a full bar with a long list of drinks from which guests could choose. The Seasons bartender used my list and made all of our guests very happy. They handled every challenge with ease.

To be very candid, I cannot imagine any catering service doing a better job. We received rave reviews from guests and even our other vendors. Quite simply, Catering by Seasons was instrumental in making our Big Day magical. We are sincerely thankful to them and happily give Catering by Seasons our highest recommendation.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Courtney Schettino · Married on 03/09/2019

Great Catering!

We worked with Misty Zani from Seasons and she was awesome! She and her team were very easy to work with and the food was super delicious. Everything was also reasonably priced, great value for the product. The day-of staff of servers and bartenders are kind and professional - 10 out of 10.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Laura · Married on 11/11/2018

Awesome service, awesome food, couldn't recommend more highly!

We hired Catering by Seasons to cater our wedding at the Josephine Butler Parks Center and are so glad we did. Alberto was incredibly responsive throughout the process and so willing to work with us to get within our budget. I also really loved that they didn’t nickel and dime us throughout the process – after we wanted to try a few more hors d’oeuvres options, he happily let us come back for another tasting of the ones we requested without charging us an extra fee, like some other companies do. Day of, he and his staff handled the event flawlessly! Before the event, he was so helpful in providing layout suggestions based on his many years of experience, and that advice worked out perfectly! His team also did a great job flipping the room to set up the dinner tables between the ceremony and reception, and were super attentive to us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed. Finally, the food was awesome! We got so many compliments about how good the food was! As we all know, sometimes wedding food can be dry or tasteless, but our food had no such issues! Everything was perfect and tasty! Thank you Alberto and team for helping us execute an excellent wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Jamie · Married on 10/30/2018

Exceptional!

We were thrilled with our recent experience with Catering by Seasons. Catering Manager, Glynis Keith, and her outstanding team truly went above and beyond to make our son's Bar Mitzvah luncheon an outstanding affair. The food was delicious and creative -- friends were raving about the made to order crepe station, the French toast bar, the mini sliders, the bloody mary bar, etc etc. We wanted our affair to be elegant and whimsical but yet not over the top. Glynis understood what we were aiming for from day 1 and she helped it come to fruition perfectly. Glynis went above and beyond to help us create the perfect day. She not only helped us plan the menu but she also stepped in to help us with so many other aspects of our affair. She helped us select several other vendors and she was on point the day of the event to help ensure all ran smoothly. We could not have done this without her. Glynis and her team are the utmost professionals. We HIGHLY recommend Catering by Seasons.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Samara Gerson · Married on 10/20/2018

Will recommend to anyone who asks

I contacted Seasons based on a Google search for "bar mitzvah caterers in DC" and was contacted very quickly by Glynis Keith. From her introduction email and our first phone call, she set herself apart from other catering companies I spoke with by coming up with creative, budget-conscious and fun food ideas for our reception. She has a "make it work" approach to all challenges (venue space limitations, various dietary restrictions, and budgets) and took charge in a positive and not pushy way. The food offerings were plentiful and delicious (many of my foodie and picky friends and family agreed). The choice of linens were beautiful. The service was fast and professional. She coordinated seamlessly with the DJ to make the flow of the evening's schedule smooth. We felt very comfortable trusting Glynis and her team with catering our party, and we will use her and recommend her to anyone who asks.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Suzanne · Married on 10/05/2018

Wonderful experience

We found Seasons from a list provided by our venue, and we were so happy we did. From planning to break down of the reception, all of the staff were extremely professional, attentive, and accommodating. I appreciated that our contacts had much insight to offer, especially on our reception space, and could offer knowledgeable guidance, while helping us to accomplish our vision. Our captain Oscar was absolutely wonderful and also made sure my spouse and I were well fed, while mingling with guests. He kindly wrapped up our leftovers, which were devoured at the after party. And most importantly, the food was delicious! We received many compliments from our guests (‘My glass was literally never empty all night.’) on the food and service. Overall, a wonderful experience that helped make our wedding all that we could’ve hoped for.

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

A wonderful experience from start to finish

Working with Glynis to cater our wedding in Chevy Chase this past fall was an absolute pleasure. Glynis is professional, experienced and easy to work with. We were thrilled with every detail from Catering by Seasons and can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Glynis Keith, and her team at Catering by Seasons, provided us with a rehearsal dinner that exceeded our expectations. I wanted to provide a traditional Maryland crab feast for my son’s rehearsal dinner. Once I found the rental property that would serve as the site for the dinner, Glynis met me at the property along with Brian from Electric Events DC. We discussed many options for the event and Glynis offered suggestions while listening to my requests. I felt I had a partner who shared my dream and worked to make the dream a reality. Fast forward to the event day: weather concerns popped up and Glynis was available each time I reached out to her. We were able to finalize plans that turned out to be perfect - no matter the weather. The crab feast was cooked on site by a very professional staff. Everything was top notch from the presentation to the service. We could not have asked for a more perfect night. Thanks, Glynis and Caterning by Seasons, for providing an evening our family will never forget.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Meredith · Married on 07/08/2018

Stefanie was such a huge help! Everything was smooth, she helped us find ways to cut costs and advocated for us with our venue. Some family members expressed that there weren't enough hors d'oeuvres passed at cocktail hour, but otherwise the food was delicious, the staff was phenomenal and everything was efficient and professional. I walked into the reception and couldn't believe it was my wedding - it looked beautiful! I am so grateful to Stefanie and her team.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Congratulations Meredith! Thank you for your kind words. The Catering by Seasons team works really hard to make every meal special.

Leslie · event on: 05/25/2018

Glynis was a pleasure to work with. She created a menu and revised it a few times to make sure it was perfect and meet our needs. The display of the food was beautiful and our guests said the food was outstanding. I can't wait to use Glynis and her crew at our next catered event.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Thank you Leslie for your kind words! We'll be sharing them with all the crew at Catering by Seasons. We look forward to working with you again, as well!

Jenevieve · Married on 05/19/2018

It was a pleasure to work with Alberto Trevizo and Catering by Seasons. Alberto was knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, and was very accommodating when we had to postpone our wedding one year. Cocktail hour and dinner service ran smoothly, and the food was good. We were not as happy with Catering by Seasons’ subrental company, as the quote for rentals was higher than the original estimated quote after we chose our actual rentals, and we did not make significant upgrades in rentals. The quote did decrease when we submitted our final head count, which decreased the number of rentals needed. Additionally, the subrental company sent the wrong tablecloths for the reception, and despite Alberto’s best efforts, the correct ones did not get there before the reception. Luckily, we liked the tablecloths they sent, and none of our guests were the wiser! We would absolutely recommend working with Alberto and Catering by Seasons, but our advice is to (1) nail down more specifics on linens early, if you’re worried about cost, and (2) take a photo of and re-confirm all of the linens before the day of the wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Tobi · Married on 05/06/2018

Catering By Seasons exceeded my expectation. I used them for a brunch at my house after my son’s bar mitzvah. The level of professionalism along with their responsiveness made me feel at ease right away. I worked with Glynis and she was unbelievably amazing. The food was fantastic, the attention to my no nuts requirment was so appreciated and the staff was diligent and friendly. Highly recommend them. I will definitely use them again. —Tobi

Sent on 05/07/2018

Hello Tobi,
    We strive to do our best each and every day. Glynis and team will be thrilled with your kind words!

Dana · Married on 04/28/2018

Glynis Keith from Catering By Seasons was fabulous to work with. She was not only responsive to all my questions and concerns, but she went out of her way to add little touches to pull the whole event together. The menu was wonderful and my guests all raved about the food. The Catering by Seasons staff was amazing - from the chef to the bartenders. I would not hesitate to use them again!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Catering by Seasons's reply:

Thanks Dana for your wonderful words. We are so happy to have been able to help make your day a memorable one.