Catering by Mark Reviews

1 User photo

• PILAR

Pilar M. · Getting married on 12/06/2021

Great service and quality

I was so pleased with Mark and his staff! They provided excellent service and superb food.

Sent on 04/13/2021

Catering by Mark's reply:

Thank you so much Pilar, we were so happy to cater your Wedding and pleased that the food and service met your expectatiions.
    Best of luck to both of you.
  • Theresa

Theresa T. · Getting married on 07/17/2021

Mark was amazing!

Amazing Work! Mark made it promptly to my event & the food was AMAZING. Would def use again in the future.

Sent on 08/05/2020

Catering by Mark's reply:

Thank you Theresa and Will, we are so glad that we were able to assist you on your Wedding day. Looking forward to cater another celebration for you. Best of luck to both of you.
    Catering by Mark
  • Ivette

Ivette V. · Married on 03/27/2021

It was great!!!!

They were amazing. The hole team.

Sent on 04/13/2021
  • Carolina

Carolina G. · Married on 12/26/2020

Best caterer in South Florida

Catering by Mark not only has a wonderful staff but also exceptional customer service. They were so helpful and answer all your questions quickly. After searching for several caterers I knew this company was the best. Amazing staff, great pricing, and professionalism. I highly recommend them and will be using them for all my future events!

Sent on 12/05/2020

Catering by Mark's reply:

Dear Carolina thank you so much for your kind words to our service. You were a pleasure to work with and looking forward to work with you in the future.
    Our best wishes to you.
  • Jessica

Brenndo L. · Married on 01/19/2020

Amazing! You won’t regret choosing mark

Mark was great!! He never said no to any of our requests and make our evening seamless! His wait staff was very attentive in ensuring me and my husband got our food warm , enjoyed appetizers during happy hour, and even packed up the leftovers for us to enjoy. Very flexible and honest !

Sent on 01/21/2020

Catering by Mark's reply:

Hi guys and thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our attention to detail and the professionalism of our staff made your big day go smoothly. Wishing the best to both of you.
    Catering by Mark and staff

Katrina O. · Married on 01/05/2020

Amazing Food, Amazing Caterer

Mark was extremely flexible with our needs and wants for our catering. We had several vegetarians, vegans, and very picky eaters, and he was able to accommodate them all. He made delicious items within our Latin themed cuisine request that made every one of of guests very satisfied and happy!

Sent on 04/26/2020

Catering by Mark's reply:

Hi Katrina: thank you so much for your review.
    We are happy we met your expectations and your guests.
    Mark and the staff enjoyed serving your Wedding for such a nice couple.
    The Best for you and Jennifer

Jessica · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Service!

I must have researched a ton of caterers for my wedding but Catering by Mark stood out among all of them. They’re some of the friendliest and most accommodating wedding vendors we came across during planning, and one of the more affordable caterers in the area. I had a ton of questions and changes during the process of planning our menu and ordering rentals and Denise was absolutely amazing at accommodating all of my requests. She and the rest of the team are truly the best! My husband and I loved what we had at our tasting with Mark, and our guests absolutely loved the food at our wedding. Mark and staff were just remarkable at our wedding, and went above and beyond for us and our guests.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Lynnsea · Married on 05/04/2019

Our Wedding

Mark was amazing for my wedding! He wanted to help with anything he possibly could. He really helped you not have to worry about anything because he could take care of everything.
    He has so many different types of options for catering, Hor D’oeuvres could be passed around, you could do buffet, or sit down dinner. He provides as many servers you need and bartenders. You can really Customize your event any way you would like to with Mark. He also has a great assistant Denise who would help with the options and would send the break down of all the options you chose and total pricing which I loved. Mark made me feel like he was a family member helping out THATS how great he is! I would most definitely recommend him for any event!

Sent on 04/18/2020

Khasandra · Married on 12/01/2018

Wedding 12/1/18 - Mr. & Mrs. Fitzgibbon

Like at lot of people, I was on a tight budget for planning my wedding. I searched for a lot of catering companies and a lot of them were ridiculously expensive. I finally found Catering by Mark. They did not have a lot of reviews and to be honest that scared me a little. I decided to call them and ask for pricing. They rates were very affordable compared to all the other vendors and included set up, clean up and all the plates, glasses, and silverware which you will find that this varies from vendor to vendor. Denise was the one who I talked to most of the time for rates, for the food and timeline arregements. At the wedding, Mark and his staff did an amazing job. They were so attentive with everyone making sure they had food and drinks and anything they needed; including me “the Bride” and “the Groom”. The food was delicious. I received complements from everyone at the wedding; they loved the food and the service.
    I truly recommend Catering By Mark. Great prices, service, and food. I am more than satisfied and extremely happy with their service.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Catering by Mark's reply:

Hi Khasandra we just want to thank you for your great review and that we were able to make your day a special one to remember. Hopefully we can cater any future events for you and your family.
    Happy 2nd Anniversary

Berta C. · Married on 11/25/2018

Wonderful service

Catering by Mark was so easy to work with. They were very accommodating during the planning phase, their food was excellent, and I received so many compliments from my guests regarding the great service staff.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Brooke · Married on 05/26/2018

Wedding catering

Mark did an amazing job his team was wonderful. We had great food and he offers many different styles of catering. He also did a few other smaller parties for us and had small appetizers which always were a hit!

Sent on 04/17/2020

Trinidad · Married on 11/15/2014

Mark and his staff did a great job. Food was hot and delicious. Lots of appetizers. Denise is excellent to work with, she kept me up to date with everything.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2018

Perhaps the biggest component to planning a wedding is hiring a caterer. My husband and I reached out to a few caterers in the South Florida area, and we went with Catering by Mark because of their selection, pricing, and how easy it was to contact them. (Denise orchestrates everything, and Mark does the cooking.) What I love about them is that they are accustomed to catering for a wedding, and pretty much have everything scheduled out as soon as you hire them. They were able to rent the linens and additional tables and chairs, which was a huge relief. Perhaps the most helpful part was how easily Mark was able to create a timeline for our wedding day. We used that in other aspects of our planning, and were confident that the timing would work.
    The day of the wedding went exactly as planned. I could just enjoy the day, without worrying, which makes them worth it. Everyone really seemed to enjoy the food and drinks. I noticed that all the staff were extremely friendly to our guests, which was great to see. My family even took me aside to tell me about one particular server who went above and beyond for them. These are truly great people.
    My only gripe was that some guests wanted the vegetarian option that we made sure was available, but some didn't know about it, and others said they had to ask for it as if it was from a secret menu. Overall, I would definitely recommend them for their value, friendliness, and taste.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Tesha · Married on 12/26/2020

Friendly and Affordable

Mark and his wife, Blanca, are extremely personable. They made me feel at ease in my search for a caterer. They are very flexible and accomodating, and their prices for the selections are very reasonable. On my wedding day, Mark and his staff were the first vendors to arrive. The server and bartender were very friendly. The food was just what we asked for!

Sent on 01/22/2021

Catering by Mark's reply:

Tesha we are so happy that we were able to accomodate your needs and that you were pleased with our service.
    Thank you and the best for both of you
    Mark and Blanca
  • Jenna

Jenna B. · Married on 05/10/2019

Professionalism and Variety of combinations of food

Mark and his staff were very professional from making sure everything from the ceremony chairs and reception tables to the constant serving of variety of tasty foods. Everything was presented well and tasted amazing. Thank you for helping to make my day special.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • nikola33

Nicole · Married on 04/17/2010

Catering by Mark was very professional. They provided great service and excellent dishes.

Sent on 05/19/2010

3.0
      3.0

Selecting a caterer was one of the hardest parts about our wedding planning. We were working on a tight budget and needed someone who really knew how to maneuver in a challenging venue (The Old Davie School House). I liked Mark very much personally and found designing our menu easy, but faced some challenges working with him. From what I tasted of the horsdouevres, they were on par with what I tried during our two tastings. But our dinner buffet left something to be desired. The food was not warm and just not the same quality as during our tasting. We also used a dummy cake and provided our own sheet cake to be cut, but the dummy cake was left out, which is pretty confusing and not what we instructed Mark or his staff to do. Not sure I could give Catering by Mark my full recommendation to another bride. It was close, but no cigar.

Sent on 12/10/2015