Catering by Corey Reviews

Catering by Corey 7
  • Julia

Julia Trantham · Getting married on 05/05/2020

The Absolute Best Catering Experience

Good food is very important to me and my husband, so when we got engaged the first thing we did was look for a caterer for our wedding. Catering by Corey came highly recommended and she did not disappoint! From her professionalism and prompt responses, to her tasting and menu design with us (I could eat her Gouda Mac & Cheese at every meal!), to the service (we had dedicated staff bring us and our wedding party drinks and appetizers) and plating presentation day of, I can't rave enough about Catering by Corey's wonderful services! All of our guests were extremely impressed with their meals. Look nowhere else for a caterer - Catering by Corey is truly the best!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Cynthia Lyon · Getting married on 05/03/2020

Exceptional food and service!

Everything Catering by Corey did was way over and above the highest standards! My daughter and I are both out of state, so we heavily relied on Corey to understand my daughter's vision for her wedding and to cater it to perfection. She did! Her menu was so interesting, yet still within our budget. We received so many compliments on the variety of food and its excellent flavor! The service was impeccable, even to the butler serving the wedding party appetizers during the picture taking! If I could give Catering by Corey higher than the highest rating, I would!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 08/10/2019

Catering by Corey exceeded ALL of our expectations - would highly recommend to anyone!!

Catering by Corey was one of the easiest choices about our wedding! We reached out to them for an initial quote and Corey was so warm and easy to work with. She helped us create a wonderful menu that was both within our budget and incredibly tasty. Corey was very quick to respond to any inquiries and also helped us obtain plates, utensils, and nonalcoholic beverages for our wedding. The day-of our wedding, my husband and my expectations were blown away by the attentive, kind, and extraordinary service staff. My husband and I were so busy after the ceremony, but the wait staff brought hor d'oeuvres to us after the ceremony, as well as prepared plates for us to eat during dinner. The catering team was extremely well-prepared and set up very quickly and quietly so that they didn't disturb any of the ceremony proceedings. My husband and I would recommend Catering by Corey to absolutely anyone - we could not have been happier with the quality of the food, the day-of service by the wait staff, and the communication and professionalism of Corey.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Catering by Corey 8
    Catering by Corey 9
    Catering by Corey 10
  • Caroline

Caroline Furman · Married on 06/30/2019

Such a wonderful experience!

Corey and her team were WONDERFUL. The food was delicious and everyone was there to make sure we (including me and my husband!) were well taken care of.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Kate Smith · Married on 06/29/2019

Professional, Personal, Accomodating

We had a great experience with Corey and her staff. I felt really heard at our consult, she made sure we got the menu that we wanted. The food was fresh and healthy.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Jun Soo Kim · Married on 06/23/2019

Absolutely amazing

These people are so caring and lovely! They cared for us so well during the day of and were so professional in focusing on every little details!!

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Johnson · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Wedding Catering with a Phenomenal Staff!

Catering By Corey did an AMAZING job catering my wedding on June 22, 2019. They were extremely easy and helpful with planning the menu and helping stick to a budget. The food was absolutely amazing and all of our guests still comment about how delicious everything was. The Appalachian egg rolls are by far my favorite. I think what truly makes Catering by Corey stand out from other caterers is their staff. They were so attentive and brought the groom and I food/drinks even while the photographer was taking photos of us to make sure we got to try the appetizers that were being served during cocktail hour. I highly recommend every team member at Catering By Corey.

Sent on 07/29/2019
    Catering by Corey 11
    Catering by Corey 12
  • amanda

amanda · Married on 06/21/2019

Great tasting!!

Corey was absolutely great for our tasting! She had prepared NC BBQ and put up with us asking a million questions. She was very responsive and worked with us on having to reschedule because of snow. Definitely reach out to Corey--she's fabulous and so is her food!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Kinari · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious perfection!

Corey was absolutely amazing! She was so responsive to all of our wants and needs for the wedding. We always heard back right away and accommodated our changes in guest numbers during the week before the wedding which we really appreciated! The food was absolutely delicious and they made sure that my (now) husband and I could eat as much as we could with our own little plate of appetizers during cocktail hour, plates during dinner and a little to go box that they gave us for after the wedding. My whole family is a bunch of foodies and they were all extremely happy with the food. I'm pretty sure everyone went for seconds, if not thirds! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Gabriel Rodriguez · Married on 06/09/2019

Absolute All-Around Delight (Food & Crew)

Just an absolutely wonderful and professional service, food, & responsiveness. Corey welcomed our challenge and absolutely nailed our Cuban/Southern fusion menu. She had our wedding guests rushing for seconds and complimenting her throughout the night, including my father who has been in the food and produce business for nearly 40 years. My sister-in-law (a Cuban Miami native) said she had the best Cuban sandwich of her life. My mother (a Cuban immigrant) said the tostones were prepared to perfection. Plus, my guests kept singing the praises of the bacon-wrapped dates. Seriously, they're mouth-watering. Corey also found Spanish chorizo (from Spain) for the pork tenderloin with apple cider glaze. Corey really did pull out all the stops.

Corey went through a few revisions with us to make the food authentic and she nailed it. She is very accommodating, professional, and is open to suggestions and ideas especially involving international cuisine. Unlike other chefs in the field (who might let their pride get in the way,) Corey makes sure it's all about what the customer wants. She is extremely talented, warm, and a joy to work with throughout the entire process.

The professionalism and warmth of her staff (particularly her captains) made my wife and I feel like royalty on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/05/2019
    Catering by Corey 17
    Catering by Corey 18

Mckayla Smith · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely amazing!

The food was beyond amazing. I’m still getting compliments from the guests of our wedding! But not only was the food phenomenal, the service was too! They cater to your every need. After the ceremony, family pictures can be a little crazy; but their staff greeted us (bride and groom) with water, and appetizers in between photos and made sure every one of our needs was met! We even got to go boxes which was much needed after the celebration was over! And if you are thinking of using them-make sure to get their Mac and cheese! It’s to die for! Not one complaint for their service, or their food! So yummy!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Maggie H · Married on 06/08/2019

Best. Wedding. Food. Ever.

Corey and her team were amazing!! All throughout the planning process Corey was available for questions and was always super quick about answering any question I had from months before the wedding to literally a couple days beforehand and every time I was so impressed at how quickly she responded.

The tasting was great, Corey gave us a lot of options to think through and it was evident she cared about the story we were telling with our food choices.

The night of the wedding was AMAZING. Corey’s team went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was fed and taken care of and the food was DELICIOUS. They came and brought appetizers to the wedding party right after the ceremony while we were taking pictures so we could enjoy them while not being a part of the cocktail party. Dinner was so incredible, they had everything taken care of from set up to serving to clean up. It truly was my favorite food I’ve eaten at a wedding- even though I may be biased since it was my own wedding! We had a lot of people and they were able to serve everyone so the whole wedding could enjoy the meal together. Corey and crew even helped with serving dessert even though a family friend had baked the cake.

The cherry on top was the to go boxes at the end of the night that my husband and I enjoyed once we left the wedding- the food was even better the second time around.

We would not change a single thing and food was definitely one of the more important aspects of the wedding for us so we feel like we won big time by working with Catering by Corey!!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Bryan Beall · Married on 06/07/2019

The perfect catering partner!

We could write pages and pages about how amazing Corey and her staff were as well as the overall partnership, but we'll try to be concise! From day one, Corey was incredibly easy to work with...and perhaps most of all, honest and transparent. With Corey, what you see is what you get, she is open and patient with your questions while you decide on whether to work with her. There are no hidden fees, costs, or surprises. All along the way, Corey has an infectiously positive attitude and is so responsive it's almost unexpected. We can't believe she's able to do it all, and on top of that she's a Mom!!! I mean, what a remarkable lady. Okay, on to the food and "day of" execution. Our wedding was over a month ago and we still have friends/family coming up to us and telling that it was the best salmon of their lives. Not even joking, everyone wants the recipe. As far as her staff, the captain did an excellent job of attending to everything we needed and basically was dedicated to us (or it felt that way). The execution was flawless. To sum it all up, Corey was our favorite vendor/partner and it would be silly if you read through all of her amazing reviews and decided to go with another caterer. Might as well stop doing research now and go with the perfect catering partner!

-Jessie and Bryan Beall

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Mollie

Mollie Miller · Married on 06/04/2019

Perfect in every way!

There's a lot to be said about delicious food at a wedding, and I'm not being biased when I say Catering by Corey was absolutely the best food I have every had at a wedding. They were so amazing to work with. Flexible, helpful with suggestions, professional - truly perfect in every way!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Erin · Married on 06/01/2019

The Perfect Caterer

Corey and her catering team were amazing, I could not ask for a better group of people or tastier food. Every guest we talked to complimented us on how good the food was. We had quite the range of dietary preferences to deal with from vegan to full carnivore and gluten intolerance, Corey made the perfect menu to fit all of our guests. I also want to compliment Corey on how well she shaped the menu to reflect us and our tastes. We knew from the beginning we wanted a comfort food vibe, our main course consisted of pulled pork (seitan for the vegan/vegetarians) with a whole bar of different local sauces (red, mustard, and vinegar based) and the best mac and cheese I've ever tasted, as well as BBQ chicken, amazing fresh green beans, and a delicious strawberry salad that perfectly fit our summer outdoor venue. In addition for our appetizers we had mini chicken and waffles (insanely good), vegetarian mediterranean plate (Hummus, Baba Ghanoush and Tzatziki Dips served with Cucumbers, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots and Grilled Naan Bread), fruit platter, and the absolute cherry on top authentic Maryland Style Crab cakes. As a Marylander I have sworn off all crab cakes not made at home however Corey nailed it! Just the right amount of of Old Bay and almost no filler, the Maryland guests loved them! Also her team was amazing, every bride talks about how they didn't get to eat at their wedding, Corey and her team make sure that doesn't happen. They brought appetizers and drinks to us while we were taking photos and had prepped plates fro us soon as we arrived at dinner so we could eat before greeting all out guests. We were blown away by the level of service we received. Overall I cannot recommend Corey and her team enough, they were a pleasure to work with in every aspect.

Catering by Corey 19
    Catering by Corey 20
    Catering by Corey 21
  • Maureen

Maureen Chason · Married on 06/01/2019

Outstanding

Couldn’t say enough great things about Corey and her staff. Food tasted and looked fabulous! They are professional and experienced. We got so many compliments on the quality of food and their service. On top of that Corey and her staff are truly kind and caring. 🙌🏻💫 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ all around. Book them with confidence!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan Hollen · Married on 05/25/2019

Best All Around Caterer in Asheville

We absolutely loved Corey the moment we met her for our tasting—one year before our actual wedding. Corey has always been professional, kind, and warm and communicated with us as often as we needed up to the week of the wedding. As a vegetarian I loved her GF, vegan, and veg options that we dispersed throughout our menu (those risotto cakes 👌🏽). Corey, it was a pleasure working with you and eating your delicious food—now hurry up and open a restaurant in AVL!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Taylor · Married on 05/24/2019

Great service...even better food!

Having worked catering for years I know good from bad service. Corey and her crew did an excellent job! The servers and captain did an awesome job and ensured we were taken care of throughout the reception. Corey was easy to work with and was very good about staying within our budget. She did not try to upsell anything and was 100% flexible with our requests. Great overall service!

Caroline Legare · Married on 05/17/2019

amazing food and even better service!

Catering by Coery was amazing! They provided delicious food and made sure my husband and I were taken care of the whole evening. Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Anna

Anna Zanetti · Married on 05/11/2019

Catering by Corey: she is the best!!!!!

Corey and her team was wonderful. When Corey met us for the food tasting she gave us great samples and advice on all sorts of wedding related things that were very helpful. She promised us (bride and groom) we would not go hungry and wow did she deliver. She played up special appetizers for us in our sweet to snack on after the ceremony, pre made us plates for dinner and even boxed up food for us to take home! She was also very responsive via email and was willing to make updates and changes when ever we needed. The food was delicious! After we met her we knew we would be taken care of for our big day and wow did she deliver. Thank you Corey for being amazing and feeding us and all of our guests.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Taylor Kemp · Married on 05/05/2019

May Vineyard Wedding

We booked Catering by Corey for our wedding at they were amazing! Working with Corey through the planning process was very easy, the staff was so attentive and kind, the food not only tasted great but the presentation was beautiful! It was exactly what we wanted for our big day! Highly recommend!

Anna · Married on 05/03/2019

THRILLED with Catering by Corey!

Corey was absolutely amazing to work with! We went into our meeting/tasting with her wanting something a little different. She was open to our idea of a gourmet burger bar and fries/tater tots/onion rings station, and encouraged us to run with it! She helped create the perfect menu! The food was amazing and the staff service was IMPECCABLE! Best catering choice and guests are still talking about how great the food was! We highly recommend Catering by Corey!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Amber · Married on 04/28/2019

Delicious spread!

Corey and her team were easy to work with, very accommodating in providing a delicious, totally VEGAN reception. We had passed hors d'oeuvre and a buffet meal, and everyone loved it (even the non-vegan folks). The staff were great and made sure my husband and I got to eat everything!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing and delicious!

Corey and her team are incredible!! Not only is the food to die for, but everyone from the captain to the servers were so pleasant to interact with! All our guests RAVED about the food and we were lucky to get a few to-go boxes full of yummy goodness at the end of the night! Wouldn't have wanted anybody else to cater our wedding! PS- i would eat the pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes for every meal for the rest of my life. Thank you Corey for being so good at what you do!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Selph · Married on 04/13/2019

5 Star Service

Corey made the wedding planning process so much easier for us. We never had to worry about what our guests would eat as she was always very responsive to emails and noted any slight change we wanted to make on an updated invoice. The food she served on our wedding day was divine and the wait staff took care of my husband of I like we were royalty.

Sent on 05/22/2019