Casa Marina Key West Reviews

Casa Marina Key West 3
Casa Marina Key West 4
  • kmarbs

Kelly · Married on 11/11/2011

If you want perfection work with Reina Todd at the Casa Marina. The background is breathtaking the reception area is so beautiful that if for some reason the weather gods won't accommodate a beach wedding for you, you won't be too disappointed with an indoor wedding. Reina was responsive and honest throughout the whole process. We never ran into any "hidden fees", she put up with my multiple phone calls around some of the silliest details, and if we had any hotel issues (room reservations etc) Reina would do her best to resolve things that were clearly out of her job description. Reina is also a longtime Key West resident and helped us by giving us tons of extra information from where to stop for lunch on the drive down to Key West, to the best restaurants and activities on the island. The food at the reception was delicious and we got tons of compliments on it. As any reasonable person would expect a Waldorf Astoria hotel is not going to be the cheapest place to get married, but I value perfection and don't have a single complaint. I'd rather pay extra knowing that the day will go off without a hitch and found that the price tag was well worth it. Thank you Casa Marina, we're already planning a day to return.

Sent on 12/05/2011

Cori · Married on 10/08/2011

We had our wedding ceremony on the beach at Casa Marina and our reception in the Grand Ballroom in the Casa Marina. The entire event went off without a hitch, despite some last minute items that needed to be taken care of, which the staff took care of promptly. The morning of our wedding it was raining outside. We had a first floor suite overlooking the beach that was going to be used to get 7 women's hair and makeup done, starting at 11am. At 10am, the Bride came in from the deck to find that water was running down the hallway of the suite. The front desk was able to relocate us to a new room, sent a bellhop to get all my things and walked us to the new room. When we got to the new room, it was tiny and there was no way we'd fit 7 women and hair/makeup staff and we called to ask for a larger room or a conference room. The front desk not only put us in a 2-story suite on the 3rd floor, but they also served us breakfast, coffee, mimosas and water at no charge since they knew we hadn't had time to eat that morning while dealing with all the room changes. The VIP Manager printed out our Programs for us on the day of the wedding, amidst all the chaos of our room flooding and our 2 room changes, as they weren't ready and printed when we flew to Key West for the wedding. The hotel event manager, Carina Primus-Gomez, was THE most wonderful person to work with through the entire wedding planning, rehearsal and the actual "big day." She was calm and cool and kept us all calm and cool as well. She made sure that our ceremony was set up perfectly, the cocktail hour was perfect and the reception was set up perfectly and looked gorgeous! We highly recommend Casa Marina as the perfect destination wedding spot. We saw several weddings during our 10 day stay at Casa Marina and each wedding went off without a hitch and was gorgeous. Several weddings that we saw had outdoor receptions right on the beach that looked like a ton of fun! When we renew our vows, we plan to do it at the Casa Marina and we hope to get lucky and have Carina there to assist us along the way. We have always loved vacationing at the Casa Marina and knew it would be a gorgeous place for a wedding. The only thing that made us sad was having to leave. But we're already planning our next trip to Key West to stay at the Casa Marina, so that's helped with our Key West withdrawals. :)

Sent on 10/27/2011

christine · Married on 06/18/2011

I had lived in Key West for approximately 5 years before getting engaged to my longtime boyfriend. Knowing a lot of local people in the industry, I was repeatedly told by everyone that Casa Marina was the best place for a wedding and they were right. Though I knew that Casa Marina was going to likely be the place that we would hold our wedding, I still did my diligent research (e.g. dragging my fiancee to another hotel and e-mailing two others). No one else compared to Casa Marina in terms of location, price, and food options.

Reina Todd was wonderful to work with. She met with us and our parents repeatedly to make sure that our menu was exactly what we wanted. She kept in constant contact via e-mail and telephone, and promptly answered any questions/addressed any issues we had.

Everyone at the wedding said that the food at our wedding was the best they had ever had. We went with stations and were really satisfied overall with the food choices, especially the dessert bar we chose in lieu of a cake.

Because I got married in mid-June, it was already very hot outside making frozen drinks a must for happy hour. Everyone loved that we added them to our package for that hour only. They were tray passed and ready to greet guests when they arrived. Inside the ballroom, it was also a little warm so advise guests to dress appropriately.

The best part of the wedding was having all of our extended family and friends staying at the Casa Marina. Being able to relax poolside with everyone before and after the wedding was the highlight. A beautiful place to stay with superior service to any other hotel in town.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Lorien · Married on 05/14/2011

We had an amazing wedding reception at Casa Marina & I would not have had it at any other place in Key West. The location/grounds are beautiful and our outdoor cocktail reception & indoor Grand Ballroom reception/dinner was perfect for 45-50 guests. All of our guests have raved (and are still raving) about the quality of the food & said this is a wedding reception to definitely remember. I would not have changed a thing & special thanks to Jim Short for making the planning process & reception day flawless.

Sent on 06/04/2011

If you want to get married in Key West, checking out Casa Marina is a must. My husband and I are so happy we got married at this hotel. Not only is it a beautiful resort but it also has a gorgeous ballroom, with unique candle laden chandeliers and beautiful wood beam ceilings. Ronnie at the Casa was wonderful to work with. The week/weekend of the wedding, he was always checking up on my husband and I to make sure our stay was top notch (which it was). He also upgraded us to the best room in the resort! We felt like a queen and king during our stay at the Casa.

Sent on 04/24/2011

Karrie · Married on 11/21/2010

I cannot say enough about Ronnie Rupe and the entire staff at the Casa Marina. The facility itself is absolutely breathtaking...the grounds are impeccably kept, the rooms are gorgeous and the beach, piers, and pools are magical. It was the perfect place to get married.

We planned our wedding in 3 months and Ronnie and the crew went out of their way to help. They listened to our needs, they took care of any concerns we had, and they went well above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our accomodations were outstanding, that the venue was simply beautiful, and that our dinner and dancing afterward was fun for everyone who attended. The complementary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and the turn-down service for our wedding night was a wonderful surprise as well. Overall, the food was phenomenal, the service was stellar, and my husband and I just kept saying "This is PERFECT" because it was.

The staff at the front desk also helped in a million different ways. They took care of all kinds of last minute questions I had, and they even helped me ship my gown back home so that I could have it cleaned for our reception back in Pennsylvania.

Thanks so much to Ronnie and everyone at the Casa for a fantastic wedding and honeymoon experience. We will definitely be back!

Sent on 05/20/2011

Avi · Married on 10/10/2010

My Husband and I had our dream wedding ceremony beach side this past oct. 10th. It was an absolutely beautiful. The staff was amazing and very attentive to us and to all our guests. We checked in several days earlier due to it being a destination wedding. Our room was beautiful- overlooking the ocean. Champagne and strawberry were waiting for us. The food and service was all we expected and more during the reception it was all amazing, we had a private waiter that only helped us and made our plates from the buffet. I did not have any have issue the day of Ronnie and Yunior were AMAZING!! my guests enjoyed every bit of our wedding and our location. I remember the next day passing by our ballroom and my new husband telling me what a great wedding we had but I could not have done it with out Ronnie Rupe & Yunior Rodriguez. I wish I could do it all over again the money we spent was well worth it. We had our dream wedding.

Sent on 12/20/2010

Caitlin · Married on 03/13/2009

Casa Marina was an amazing place to get married. East Beach and the Grand Ballroom made the perfect setting for my wedding and reception. Plus the food was outstanding and the service excellent. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 06/15/2009

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2008

We looked at every possible venue in Key West to have our ceremony & reception. The Casa Marina is the most luxurious option in Key West. From our beach ceremony, to the outdoor cocktail hour on the patio to our indoor reception, everything was 1st Class. The staff goes above and beyond anything you need - we have never had better service anywhere. The food was AMAZING! Several of our guests commented that is was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Every aspect of planning and working with the Casa was wonderful! You will not be dissapointed getting married here!

Sent on 06/08/2008

Location breath taking, service beyond expectations. My husband and I would absolutely recommend.

Sent on 08/05/2014

I had visited the Casa Marina a few years ago and fell in love with the space. On our wedding day, it surpassed my expectations. The setting was stunning! I was a bit worried that the hotel might not be able to accommodate a couple weddings and other events the same night, but the staff pulled it off seemingly with ease.

We worked with Reina and she was fabulous from start to end! She was responsive and had great vendor recommendations, feedback, and patience. She really made the process easy and fun.

Sent on 11/20/2013

erin · Married on 10/18/2008

The Casa Marina was an amazing venue...every detail was perfect...from the ceremony to the food, to the reception...I could have not picked a better place.

Sent on 04/16/2009

Marisa · Married on 03/02/2013

The Casa Marina was second to none for our wedding. We had high expectations bringing 109 family and friends from NY and Reina, her team and her beautiful space exceeded our expectations.

Reina Todd is their amazing event manager and she was a joy to work with during this stressfull time. The reception went off with out a hitch.

Reina and her staff went above and beyond to make sure every details was perfect. The location was absolutely stunning, the food was generous and delicious, and the staff was professional and attentive. If I had a 100 times to do this over, I would choose Casa Marina 100 times again.

Sent on 03/11/2013
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/17/2012

Casa and their team were incredible to work with!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Alli · Married on 05/30/2010

The Casa Marina was an amazing place to get married! Our guests absolutley loved the location and so did we. It helped that we had perfect weather the entire time. Jim Short was our catering manager and was professional, responsive and attentive throught the whole process. I highly recommend the Casa Marina and had such a wonderful experience there I would not change a thing and would do it all over again!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Liz · Married on 03/28/2009

This venue was a little overly pricey, but the wedding coordinator, Ronnie, made everything well worthwhile! He was more than I could have dreamed and kept me calm throughout the process. A beautiful site!

Sent on 06/13/2010

Rissa · Married on 12/18/2011

We had 135 people travel to Key West to celebrate with us and The Casa was the perfect venue! Our ceremony on the beach was breathtaking, cocktail hour around the pool at sunset followed by a beautiful reception in the Flagler's ballroom (which is one of the most beautiful ballrooms I have seen!) Rena and her team were wonderful to work with and everything was executed perfectly. Our only disappointment was that the Casa didn't take better care of us- after 135 person wedding and brunch with 95% of our guests staying at their hotel all we got was a room upgrade.

Sent on 12/29/2012

Jill · Married on 05/24/2009

3.0

This is a gorgeous piece of property in Key West. I live in Chicago and my mom is in Baltimore so 99% of the planning was done over email. Casa Marina Resort is now (as of Feb/March) part of the Hilton Family and I think that has made them easier to work with. Besides the snafu of our wedding room blocks being down, I could not have been happier. Kaitlin and Junior were the pictures of utmost professionalism, they both made things happen that I am sure were not supposed to. The food was the greatest any of our guests have had at a wedding.. DO yourself a favor and visit this property, its a resort, I think the only nice one in Key West.. You feel like you are in Hawaii.. just gorgeous.

Sent on 07/10/2009

Shannon · Married on 05/04/2012

3.5

The Casa Marina is the most lovely location in Key West for a wedding. The venue is on the pricey side but not out of line with a major brand in large metro area, and for the cost, you get truly delicious food. In the months following, our guests repeatedly complimented the food. Reina was our catering manager and worked with us to create the perfect menu. She is very responsive and full of good advice and referrals. The only thing that went wrong with our wedding was that our parents were not announced at the reception, which saddened me once I realized after the wedding (you're just in the moment and following where people point) but if that's the worst thing that went wrong then I think we were lucky. :)

Sent on 09/17/2012

Jodie · Married on 06/01/2015

My family and I recently stayed at Casa Marina for my Key West destination wedding. Although, we did not have our wedding at the resort (too pricey), we did have a great time staying at the resort for the week. The front desk staff was excellent, and Patrick was so helpful when we decided to upgrade to a suite. We told him we were staying there for our wedding, and he showed us a wonderful suite that would be available that was oceanfront. The suite was perfect and just what we needed to allow enough space for us to get ready for our wedding. The pool area was really nice and the pool staff was fabulous in helping us to get our chairs and umbrellas set-up. The only downfall was the restaurant staff. Everyone in our party had a difficult time getting service from the wait staff, especially if we were on the beach area. The drink servers never came around to ask if we wanted anything. It was our wedding trip, we would have paid the expensive drink prices to enjoy our time, but the server stood by the bar and never came by to ask anyone if they wanted a drink. (However, the pool staff was great about coming by with popsicles and such!) The bartenders were also great, but for some reason the wait staff service was poor. You may want to eat some place different, but overall, the resort was a great place to stay and one of the few hotels in Key West that has a decent size beach area.

Sent on 07/08/2015

BarbnScott · Married on 04/03/2011

3.5

We had an amazing destination wedding here and absolutely fell in love with the ballroom, the property itself, and beach setting for our ceremony. Though we loved it, it certainly had a decent price tag (about mid-way through our planning process, they re-vamped their wedding packages so I am not sure how the cost would work out now). There are probably more affordable options in Key West but the location can't be beat. The walking distance to Duval Street was important for us for our guests.

Ronnie Rupe was particularly wonderful immediately before our wedding and during our stay in Key West. He, and the catering staff, really made our wedding week wonderful, though his responsiveness say, 6mos. before our wedding was not as prompt as you might desire. Hiring a wedding coordinator, especially if planning a destination wedding, like we did, might be useful, especially if you do not have a lot of work-flexibility.

The food and service at the reception was excellent--We were adamant on not serving the standard chicken or steak at our wedding, and Ronnie and the Chef were most accommodating to our request. We served a duo platter of fish and pork with a ratatouille side and though we were somewhat concerned that the food would turn out "fishy", it was superb, and several guests commented on the deliciousness of their meal! Kudos to the chef!

In addition, we held a post-wedding brunch the next morning, that was out of this world! We had an omelette station, selection of pastries, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, and potatoes that were truly delicious and the perfect way to thank our guests!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Amy · Married on 02/07/2009

We had our wedding ceremony right on the beach and it was an absolutely beautiful site. The cocktail hour and reception were also on site. The staff was amazing and very attentive to us and our guests. We checked in several days earlier due to it being a destination wedding. Our room was beautiful- overlooking the ocean (we did have to pay a discounted rate). Champagne was waiting for us- top notch service. The food and service during the reception was amazing- we had a private waiter that only helped us and made our plates from the buffet. The food was delicious and there were many options we could choose from. I did have a slight issue- they booked another wedding on the same night. They tried to move our time up and rush me on the day of the ceremony. But I let it go and enjoyed the day and all of the events.

Sent on 08/03/2009

Erika · Married on 04/05/2008

We had our ceremony as well as reception on the Casa Marina grounds. April was the perfect month for an outdoor Key West wedding as it wasn't too hot out. We researched many different venue options on the island and ultimately decided on the CM due to the fact that it was the only option in Key West with a private beach (well, except Sunset Key, which had a limit of 40 wedding guests, or something like that). The hotel had just finished a $43M renovation and the improvements are just gorgeous! The wedding coordinator as well as the staff were very friendly and accomodating. I did hire a day-of planner in addition to the hotel provided contact though and that was a great decision. It was expensive, but well worth it. I was happy with the Casa Marina in every aspect of my beautiful day but one. They put out a tip jar at the cocktail hour. It did not even cross my mind to tell them not to, dealing with this caliber of hotel, but whatever.....I didn't notice it til the end of the cocktail hour and didn't make a big deal out of it, but I thought it was a little tacky. Other than that, everything was perfect. They upgraded us to an awesome suite, and were very helpful, professional and accomodating. Also the food was awesome!

Sent on 04/21/2008

Lianro · Married on 06/22/2003

4.2

I was thoroughly satisfied with the Casa Marina's facilities and services. They were flexible enough to work with my reception table centerpieces - early delivery and set up - and they were flexible with my menu choices for the catering. I would definitely recommend them for your wedding reception site and catering needs.

Sent on 04/11/2008
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 03/23/2019

3.8
      3.0

Casa Marina Dream Wedding

All in all, I'm happy we went with Casa Marina. We had some bumps along the way because the person we were working with left a few weeks before our wedding, but Blaire stepped in and was extremely helpful and professional. We were really happy with some creative ways that Casa Marina worked with us. I will say that avoiding Spring Break would be advisable because they resort was so busy. Nevertheless, the wedding was perfect and we're very happy we went with Casa Marina.

Sent on 03/30/2019