Carpe Diem Special Events Reviews

Carpe Diem Special Events 5
Carpe Diem Special Events 6
Carpe Diem Special Events 7

Bernie, Sherri and Melissa Selmanson · Married on 01/13/2019

The Best in the Business - Across the Globe!

Exceptional. Extraordinary. Notable. Flawless. Perfection. Phenomenal. Remarkable. Professional. Special. Sincere. Loyal. Detailed. Unique. World-Class. Outstanding. Marvelous. Speechless. Breathtaking. Bad A**. The dictionary is not large enough. Carpe Diem Special Events became our lifesaver. Slomique and her team spent over a year with us helping bring our dreams to life. It is not just a business for this company, they embody a sense of value and appreciation for their clients and all those involved in truly planning the most important day (well, in this case weekend) in ones life. My family and I are speechless, everything was perfect. I could go on for days and I just smile as I continue to write these words. Slomique and Carpe Diem Special Events will be apart of our family for a lifetime. The best decision my family and I ever made was giving Slomique and her team the key to our hearts to unlock our vision for my wedding day; they executed it flawlessly! I am forever grateful. xoxo

Sent on 02/01/2019

Carpe Diem Special Events's reply:

To the most AMAZING Family!
    Thank you for trusting Carpe Diem with one of the most important and memorable days of your lives. It was beyond an honor and pleasure.

You were a dream to work with and could not have asked for a better client to experience this journey with.

I look forward to continuing this journey with you and your family as your love grows and children are born. ;0

With much love....

your Dream Team! Carpe Diem!!

Adam Reingold · Married on 01/13/2019

Groom’s perspective

Wow! Slomique and Carpe Diem events was truly awesome and impressive. I had so much fun working with Slomique and her team throughout the process - she made sure that when the wedding happened everyone’s mind was blown! We went with Slomique for everything and she was there for everyone and all our needs throughout the planning process. We had wedding industry insiders at our event and each one commented that what’s a Slomique did was like nothing they had ever seen before. I had the most fun when she was working with me to perfect my duties for the wedding - tuxedo and all the typical grooms stuff.

Lorenz · Married on 04/13/2013

Slomique and Alice at Carpe Diem Special Events and Designs were a pleasure to work with - always helpful, professional, and really worked with our budget. I'll be honest, my wife and I were pretty lazy when it came to wedding planning but they really kept us on task and in the end we were both extremely happy with how everything turned out. Everything was great - the whole day went smoothly and everyone at our wedding kept saying how great it looked (all thanks to Slomique and Alice!). We would definitely recommend them to everyone! One of my friends was unhappy with her wedding planner so she fired hers; I recommended Carpe Diem and her and her fiancé ended up hiring them. I'm sure she will enjoy working with Slomique and Alice as much as we did.

Sarah · Married on 03/16/2013

It was a pleasure to work with Slomique and Alice for our wedding. With regard to design, Slomique was amazing – she is so creative and really understood the overall feel we wanted for our wedding. She took our thoughts and ideas and turned them into a reality (working late into the evening on the days before our wedding to make sure everything was perfect). Alice handled the logistical details and made sure the wedding went off without any issues or problems (and if there were any issues or problems on the day of our wedding, we certainly didn’t know about it!). Both Slomique and Alice were very responsive to e-mails, text messages and phone calls, which we appreciated. We did not always have the most flexible schedule and Slomique and Alice would work with us to accommodate our schedule, whether that be a meeting at our home, a nearby Starbucks or at their offices late on a weekday evening. We are so glad that we hired Carpe Diem Special Events to plan our wedding. With the help of the ladies from Carpe Diem Special Events, my husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding day, without the stress of trying to coordinate vendors, make sure things were running on time, etc. Our wedding day was amazing thanks to the ladies of Carpe Diem Special Events!

Ji Young · Married on 01/12/2013

The ladies of Carpe Diem Events Alice & Slomique made my dream wedding day come true.
    During the planning I was residing in Boston, MA and planning a wedding in Napa, CA.
    I was nervous planning the wedding from a different state and felt overwhelmed but with these ladies they made the whole experience one of the happiest time in my life.

They created a wedding that truly reflected our personalities and without Alice & Slomique I can honestly say this day would not have happen. I would highly recommend Carpe Diem
    and will always be grateful to them. Thank You again and again!!

Gizelle · Married on 09/14/2012

Carpe Diem made my wedding spectacular. Slomique and Alice made the whole wedding planning experience stress free and enjoyable. Even when I had to unexpectedly reduce my wedding budget, they worked magic with the style and decor of the wedding. It was exactly what my husband and I envisioned! I would definitely recommend Carpe Diem for your
    next event!

Janet · Married on 05/05/2012

My husband and I were so lucky to have worked with Alice and Slomique, they made our dreams come true by having an AMAZING wedding. Slomique was so into detail from our wedding invitations, to every little detail from the reception. We loved how everything flowed together, the best part was not having to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. One of our favorite moment was seeing the reception room before any of our guests, it was the MOST beautiful room, very romantic and intimitate. We have nothing but GREAT things to share about these two remarkable ladies and Carpe Diem.

lisa · Married on 04/01/2012

These Ladies are experts @ what they do. They helped me to pull off a fabulous wedding on a budget

• roturisch

Rebecca · Married on 12/30/2011

Where to begin? Working with Carpe Diem made the planning part of my wedding so enjoyable! I plan events from the venue side for a living and have worked with Carpe Diem as a vendor so I knew how well they treated both the couple and the other vendors they worked with! I had a vision for the day and as most brides tried to do some things myself to help cut down costs.....after meeting with Slomique she helped transform my vision into a spectacular event!! The only time I lost my emotions that day was when Slomique lead us into the reception room before the guests and it was one of the best moments of the day......to see my vision turned into a reality and how they had added little touches like tying beautiful ribbon around the kids gift boxes...the room was a GLOW with candles and it was all thanks to the details and vision of Carpe Diem. I recommend a wedding planner to all brides I meet at work and if you are lucky enough to work with Carpe Diem.......it will make your wedding truly a day you will never forget!

LaNia · Married on 10/28/2011

Carpe Diem Special Events and Design was amazing. I'm so Thankful for them and all their hard work to make my special day Perfect!

Ellie · Married on 10/09/2011

Slomique and Alice were wonderful to work with! Slomique NAILED the design and decor for our wedding - she gave me everything I wanted and so much more. Our wedding went so smoothly, and things that didn't go perfectly were all out of Carpe Diem's control. I would highly recommend them!

Slomique and Alice were wonderful from beginning to end! The decor, flowers, etc. were magnificent. All of my guests were stunned to see how beautiful the reception room was. Couldn't have been a happier bride :-)

Sherrell · Married on 11/13/2010

Slomique was absolutely AMAZING. She took all my details (there were many), DIY projects and ideas and brought my vision to reality. The wedding and reception were BEAUTIFUL. I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day. If there were any issues, I didn't know about them. Guests are still talking about how on top of things Slomique was and how beautiful the reception was. There isn't any way my wedding day could have run as smoothly as it did without Slomique's professionalism, experience and her relationship with my venue. She took care of EVERYTHING. Thank you to Slomique and Alice for making my wedding day one that I will never forget. I would highly recommend Carpe Diem Events to anyone.

• Kat

Katrina · Married on 10/02/2010

Carpe Diem Events is phenomenal! My good friend--who was also having a wedding a few months before mine--and I found Slomique at a wedding Expo in Orange County. Right from the very beginning, Slomique and her team stood apart from all of the other planning and coordinating vendors. She has a gift for asking the just the right questions, visualizing a couple's dream wedding, and then making it a reality--all while staying within the budget that a bride and groom have set. Slomique is professional, punctual, detail-oriented, very responsive and supportive and truly knows how to create an elegant and beautiful wedding. Best of all, she is a wonderful, fun person who will go above and beyond to make your dream a reality. My fiance and I ran into some unplanned financial difficulties right before our wedding and Slomique calmly took it all in stride and provided the just the right guidance to help us get through and still have the wedding we had always dreamed of; we couldn't have done it without her and her team! As my Maid of Honor and bridesmaids said, "Slomique is worth her wait in Gold." We would highly, highly recommend Carpe Diem Events to anyone. Thanks so much Slomique and Carpe Diem for making our wedding day so beautiful and special!

cynthia · Married on 09/18/2010

These ladies are truly awesome. When I met with them I just threw out all my ideas and visions that I had for my dream wedding and they were able to put them all together and develop my custom design. I wouldn't have been able to get through the planning the organization and the execution without them. Xoxoxoxo girls

Jenifer · Married on 09/10/2010

Carpe Diem events is amazing!!!! I met Slomique, the owner, at a bridal show and worked directly with her for the rest of the planning of my wedding. Along with her assistant, Alice, they provided advice and guidance throughout the entire process. They designed my invitations, flowers, and decor for both the wedding and the ceremony and helped me find my venue and vendors. They worked wonders with my small budget, to where people are still complimenting me on how classy my wedding was. They took care of EVERYTHING the day of my wedding (vendor coordination, set-up, scheduling, etc.) so I was able to relax and enjoy my day. The whole event was beautiful and well-planned, all thanks to Carpe Diem. I truly could not have had the beautiful wedding I had if not for them.

cr · Married on 07/07/2010

Very classy, top quality wedding planning...

Regina · Married on 03/27/2010

Carpe Diem made my wedding day everything I had hoped it to be. I was five months pregnant and in no mood to plan my wedding. I had a vision, I told Slomique to run with it and it was PERFECT! She knew exactly what I had in mind and made it even more special.

• Allyson

Allyson · Married on 09/19/2009

Carpe Diem Special Events provides amazing wedding planning services! I would recommend them to anyone!

Courtny · Married on 05/30/2009

Carpe Diem Special Events made my wedding amazing! Slomique was so wonderful and I was able to trust her with everything, which can be really scary for a bride. Everything that I told her I wanted she made happen and she went above and beyond and exceeded all my expectations. Our wedding was beautiful and every detail was executed in a way that I could never imagined. Thank you to Slomique and her team at Carpe Diem for planning the wedding of my dreams!

LaNiqua · Married on 02/07/2009

Slomique is the absolute best there is. My wedding was over a year ago and there is not one person I haven't mentioned her to. I loved her hands down bar none. Her style and creativity is brillant. My situation was so unique because my wedding was in California and most of my guest and wedding party however, I was in Arizona in my senior year of college. Slomique made everything so easy and simple for me I was able to plan the wedding and have finals. I know didn't make her job easy as I never followed through with our timelines but she always remained calm and flexible. There aren't enough words to show my gratitude. My wedding was absolutely gorgeous and all of my guest are still talking about how my wedding was by far the most organized, beautiful and fun wedding they've been to. Thanks Slomique you are AMAZING!!! Love you so much.

Prince · Married on 10/17/2008

Carpe Diem has a vast knowledge of wedding scenarios and Slomique is willing and can make your vision come to life.

Patti · Married on 10/03/2008

She is the best Wedding planner ever!!! She made my ideas into reality. My Wedding day and reception was just beautiful and it was all because of her. I am a control freak and she took things into her own hands and everything was better. More then I could have expected. My flowers were just gorgeous, and she help design them herself. She is well worth the cost if not more. My mother said she was a blessing and was grateful to have her apart of the day because she feels that Slomique was the reason for such a wonderfully flawless and stress free day.

• loan12th

Walter · Married on 02/23/2008

The best money I spent on the whole wedding, and Lord knows I spent a LOT!!! Trust me... I was LOATH to have a wedding planner. I was pretty sure, if i needed one, a family member could do the job just fine. After a firm NO from me, my wife tricked me into the introduction. One day "her friend Slomique" was coming by... Being level headed and open minded I let her tell me about what she does. Soon after the consultation, and after time, money, and to-do list considerations... She was a must. I have absolutely no regrets. "Pink Diamond", baby!

Anny · Married on 11/09/2007

Carpe Diem Special Events (Slomique) was the best thing that ever happened to me well..... besides my husband, my wedding was like something you see on T.V. it was so beautiful thanks to Slomique and her creative mind, I like to consider her my fallen angel she is AMAZING words cant describe how special she is to us, she is well worth the money. I’m forever grateful that she came into my life.