Carnegie Hall Newport Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Meaghan
    Meaghan B. Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing, very welcoming

The staff are professional, very informative of items prohibited, permitted, and can accommodate.
  • Shibabrata
    Shibabrata M. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing expericence

We were amazed by Peggy and her team. They went out of the way to help us in the wedding. We could not have asked for more. They extended their help well beyond our expectations. We will recommend this place to everyone
  • Jason
    Jason P. Married on 09/13/2019

This place is amazing

Very beautiful old building to have both ceremony and reception in. Peggy was amazing at her job, would recommend this place to anyone getting married.
  • O
    Olivia T. Married on 08/24/2019

Perfection

I HIGHLY recommend this venue!! From the moment we met the staff until the day after our wedding, we were so thrilled to have Kim and Peggy there for us. Kim was an big part of why our day turned out perfectly. She made sure that we had everything that we needed to have. We met with them on several occasions to make sure that we were getting everything done and to make sure that our day went exactly as we wanted. There was a complimentary limo service that took us from one location to another for 3 hours prior to the ceremony to have photographs taken. Then it dropped us off back at the venue right on time. The ceremony was beautiful and every single thing was perfect!!! I have nothing but gleaming compliments of this staff and this venue! Absolutely recommend.
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 06/11/2019

Gorgeous Venue with Excellent People!!!

Our wedding at the Carnegie was absolutely gorgeous and we are so appreciative to Kim, Peggy, and Jenna for everything they did to make that happen. Their eye for detail from the very beginning of the planning process was so helpful to us, and they were so kind and patient as they helped us consider every detail. Kim thought of everything - from how to organize the tables and decorations to creating a memorial to one of our parents who had recently passed away. Jenna sat down on the floor in the back of the ballroom and played with toddler-ring-bearer who was running around during the ceremony so that everyone else could focus on the bride and groom - I mean, that is amazing - where else is there someone who would do that and do it well?! And Peggy was a rock throughout the entire wedding weekend - from organizing all the vendors to carrying out every one of our detailed requests. She even helped several impaired, elderly relatives find their way to their hotels late at night. After the wedding, my parents said that the best decision we made was to go with the venue that had such attentive, professional people working at it, and we couldn't agree more. It is such a gorgeous space with top-of-the-line service! In short, excellent value for the money. Thank you all for helping us make our wedding so beautiful!
    Ashley Married on 10/05/2018

Perfect Venue

We cannot say enough great things about Carnegie Hall. First of all, the building itself is gorgeous, and it's amazing to have the whole building to yourself to be able to keep everything centralized. We felt like we were in great hands throughout the process, and they made everything so easy for us. Kim was fantastic, anticipated our needs, and made sure our day was perfect. We even went as far as having the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner there as well, just because it was so easy! Highly recommend anyone who wants a beautiful old building near downtown!
    Katherine Married on 09/09/2018
    Carnegie Hall Newport is a gorgeous historical venue! It is very intimate, clean, romantic, and absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect place to host a wedding shower.
    Peggy was especially amazing! From the beginning (nearly a year in advance!), Peggy was extremely helpful. She answered our emails quickly, she let us view the building twice, and on the day of the event, was there early to help us with set up and took the time after the party to answer questions about the building, its history, and its functions now. My friends and I agreed that if we had to do it over again, we would definitely choose Carnegie Hall for our weddings!
    Emily Married on 09/08/2018
    Carnegie Hall was a huge part of how our wedding day was so perfect! Kim and Peggy did an amazing job helping us to prepare for our big day months in advance and coordinated the entire night. This venue is absolutely gorgeous with a great location and our friends and family loved it-we’ve had so many compliments! Would highly recommend Carnegie Hall Newport.
    Lauren Married on 09/07/2018
    Amazing experience!! Kim and Peggy were so helpful, reachable at all hours of the day and took the stress off of planning. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with flexibility and a kind staff, book the Newport Carnegie!
    Sue Married on 08/11/2018
    Peggy was awesome to work with. Our rehearsal dinner was large and Carnegie was the perfect venue for us. We were able to have cocktail hour downstairs in the beautiful historic building. Dinner, speeches and slideshow were upstairs. I wouldn’t have changed a thing.
    Sue Married on 08/10/2018
    Peggy Sparks was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Carnegie Hall for any event. The historic building is so pretty inside. It was perfect for cocktails on the first floor and dinner upstairs. The addition of the elevator made it great for the catering and those who have trouble with stairs.
    Angela Married on 07/31/2018
    Peggy was fantastic! We didn't end up booking the venue until a few weeks before our wedding due to some unforeseen events. Peggy took care of everything for us and really put my mind at ease when I was panicking about the venue change. She was easy to work with and very caring! I would highly recommend the Carnegie Hall Newport for your event!
    Kathy Married on 07/14/2018
    We had our daughters wedding at Carnegie Hall a couple of weeks ago. The Venue is so beautiful and unique. At first I was very nervous about booking a venue where I had to coordinate everything but Peggy put me at ease. I was a stressed out mom wanting everything to be perfect for my daughter plus I had never put a wedding together before. Throughout the process Peggy and Kim were so great, I knew they would do everything the could to make sure my daughters special day was a beautiful one. They were always willing to take my calls day or night and willing to meet at times that worked best for us. The cost to rent was affordable and the party bus was a wonderful bonus to the day. The driver even went to the store to pick up a few things for the girls. Having everything in one place made for a more enjoyable day. From the beautiful bridal suite to the grooms lounge, the wedding to the cocktail hour then party time at the reception it does not get more convienient than that. You can have the best venue in town but if the directors do not have a heart for people and care about your event you may not have the best experience. Things can always go wrong, nothing is perfect but I can assure you these ladies are top notch and will do everything they can to make your event a wonderful experience for you and your guest. It is a fantastic place to get some amazing photo’s. I have attached a few we took but I can not wait to get the ones from the photographer.
    Kathy Married on 07/14/2018
    I can’t say enough about how awesome the Carnegie was and Peggy Sparks, the manager. The venue is beautiful. We used the downstairs for cocktails and appetizers and the upstairs for dinner. Peggy was always there to answer my questions and was so helpful with the set-up and clean-up. It was a honor to get to know her and work with her.
    Barb Married on 06/08/2018
    The Carnegie Hall Newport experience was - in a word - excellent! Staff are fantastic, the venue is gorgeous, and the location works for both Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
    A. Married on 02/17/2018
    We looked at just about every venue that had a classic and timeless feel, this place stood out for the value well above and beyond anything you would expect. We definitely had high expectations, and Peggy and Kim did NOT disappoint. Every single detail (and there were a VERY large number of little details that were required) were addressed and double checked. We couldn't be more pleased with the end result. A wedding that was stunningly beautiful in a venue that was the same! Everything was perfect and we wouldn't change at thing.
    For the overall cost and use of all 3 floors you can't find a venue with this type of detail and space that you don't have to share with another event.
    Chelsea Married on 10/21/2017
    The best wedding venue! Besides the fact that this venue has so much charm being an old library, the soul inside this venue is one in a million. Peggy and Kim are beautiful women who are so passionate about what they do. They go out of their way to make your wedding day everything you dream of! I still get compliments from our wedding even months after!
    As my grandfather has really bad arthritis he would've had a hard time getting to the reception. This absolutely broke my heart as he means the world to me and who doesn't want their grandpa at the celebration?!? This was no issue for the sweet women at Carnegie. They took time out of their busy schedules to find a solution. Success! The fire department was more than happy to help get my grandpa to the reception area and in return only asked for a donation for their charity. How amazing is that?!?!
    There was no task they could not conquer and were very focused on us the whole night and months before. I never felt ignored or misinformed. Every great word you can think of can help to describe this venue. I can't say enough. Plus you save a TON of money when you're able to bring your own alcohol and caterer! My husband and I are overwhelmingly happy with our wedding day! I'd get married every year HERE if I could! ♥️ Five stars is my limit but they truly deserve atleast 10!
    Caitlin Married on 03/25/2017
    An amazing space and incredible service for the price! Mary was awesome to work with. Will use this space in the future!

Carnegie Hall Newport's reply:

Thank you, we enjoyed working with you to make your special day everything you hoped for and more.
    Karhla Married on 08/04/2018
    Overall, we were very pleased with the venue, the communication, and the availability of the on-site staff. The venue itself is very elegant and lends class to any event. Thank you, Carnegie at Newport!
  • Linda
    Linda M. Married on 05/12/2019

Carnegie Hall Newport

Everyone was super helpful! They offer day-if coordinator which was also helpful! I didn’t have to ask a friend or family member to do it.
    Katie Married on 11/25/2017
    They worked very hard to make sure we were happy with everything that happened though the whole experience!
    The day ran perfectly and very smooth due to their attentiveness
    Kate Married on 11/16/2018

Could not complain.. up until our actual wedding day

Venue is gorgeous and they did set up everything correctly. However they "offer and include" a "day of coordinator" which is not true. Once our wedding started we could not find her. We had given our champagne to the GM in the morning for our toasts. After dinner we sat there awkwardly for 30 minutes since the caterer had no idea about the champagne. We had to send a bridesmaid to find her and she was downstairs drinking our beer. When the bridesmaid asked for the champagne she replied unapologetically that it "wasn't her job". We were told we could leave our decor (as long as it was minor) there over the weekend. Found out at 10pm literally every single thing needed to be cleared out. In my wedding dress, I packed up everything at the end of the night. Also, you must keep everything they tell or offer you initially. There were multiple things they tried to change or alter at later points in time. Luckily I kept everything from all vendors and because I had it in writing I was able to make them uphold at least some of their promises. Unfortunately I did not hire a spare coordinator which is needless to say pretty essential for a wedding. The venue was pretty though.

Carnegie Hall Newport's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. We don't show where we had a wedding on that date. We did have an event however it was a rehearsal. Can you please let me know the name of your coordinator.