Carla White Reviews

Carla White 5
Carla White 6
Carla White 7

Jody · Married on 10/01/2011

Carla is awesome!!! She did my hair and make-up for my wedding on October 1, 2011. It was gorgeous! I had so many people compliment the entire look. Carla was a dream to work with throughout the entire process from the trial run to the big day! Carla's professionalism and laid-back personality put me right to ease, as if I had known her for years. She is a gem!!! I was so pleased with the entire experience. Words cannot express. Thank you for everything!!! Jody

Sent on 10/11/2011

Keely · Married on 10/01/2011

Carla did my hair for both my rehearsal dinner and after my wedding ceremony for a style that would hold all night long but would also look soft, romantic and beautiful. Carla did a phenomenal job and I cannot recommend her highly enough! She was prompt and took the time with me to make the style just what I wanted for my special weekend. She truly has a gift. When we only had limited time after the wedding ceremony to pull my hair up and put it in a style that would stay all evening but was still soft around my face, Carla was there and did the job quickly and efficiently so I could get to my reception. I couldn't have been happier with how my hair turned out in my pictures and its all thanks to Carla! I hope I have another excuse to use her again soon!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Stacy · Married on 09/10/2011

Carla was wonderful! I have never looked so pretty in my whole life! I don't normally wear alot of makeup, but she was able to put together a look so I still looked like myself. She also met with me before the wedding to pick out the perfect lipstick. She responded to my emails without 1-2 hours and overall was great! I would wholeheartely recommend her to anyone! She is amazing!

Sent on 11/18/2011

Alana · Married on 06/18/2011

I highly recommend hiring Carla White for beauty services. I hired Carla to do makeup for my wedding and she was amazing! She did such a wonderful job and was a pleasure to work with. She did makeup for several people and everyone was very happy with her work. She made me feel beautiful and confident. She is personable, flexible, and takes great pride in her work. I can't say enough good things about her!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2011

Carla was amazing! This woman really knows what she's doing when it comes to making a bride beautiful! She knew exactly what I needed and has all the latest technology (airbrush) in make up. She was so helpful and traveled to my location for my portraits and on the wedding day. My bridesmaids and I were so comfortable with her, it was like she was one of the girls. Carla is a wonderful make up artist and hair dresser, trust her to make you beautiful on that special day. My new husband was so impressed with her talent and helpfulness. She's great at listening and doing what you want, while doing what looks great at the same time. I would recommend her anytime!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Megan · Married on 06/05/2011

My experience with Carla was amazing. I got married June 5th 2011. She arrived early that morning to do hair and makeup for my girls, my mom and I. She was very professional. She made me feel so beautiful. I would recommend her to everyone. The hair and makeup was just outstanding! Thanks Carla, Megan

Sent on 08/08/2011

Shelby · Married on 05/14/2011

Carla did a phenomenal job with my hair and makeup for my wedding. She truly cared about making sure I was completely satisfied with the way I looked and she knew exactly what shades and colors to make me look beautiful. I had no complaints with what she did for myself and all of my attendants and we all looked great! Carla was also flexible and was able to fit in others that were not planning on using her services, but they decided the day of the wedding to have their hair and makeup done because she did such a great job on the other girls. I will defiantly use Carla in the future! Thanks again Carla for making me look so beautiful for my wedding!

Sent on 05/31/2011

kate · Married on 03/26/2011

Carla was amazing! I have always had bad experiences with having updos and make up. Carla made me feel beautiful and flawless! My make up was so natural and I loved my hair. She is so great at listening to what her clients want and making sure they are completely happy and feel confident and beautiful! She now is my hairdresser and I will not go to anyone else! So friendly and I love seeing her! Thanks Carla!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Diana · Married on 03/12/2011

Carla is both friendly and professional. She arrived to the place where I was having my wedding before I did and was ready for me when I got there. Carla did an awesome work. My hair stayed beautiful all weekend long and my makeup was amazing too. Both my mom and my made of honor loved their hair and makeup. Carla also helped my grandma even when it was not in the initial plan. She is great and I will definitely contact her again for my future hair and makeup needs. She helped me be a very happy bride!!! Thanks again, Carla!

Sent on 03/22/2011

Jenn · Married on 02/26/2011

When I met Carla at a bridal show, I was thrilled to have finally found an airbrush artist in the area. Anytime I go to a salon, spa, etc. to have a service done, I absolutely, 110% value honesty (after all, I'm not a cosmetologist for a reason!). Carla was honest, meticulous, and genuine when we met to have my wedding make-up trial on 2/19/2011.

It can be quite intimidating to go into a beauty salon where everyone who works there looks like they stepped off a runway (perfect hair, make-up, style, etc.), but Carla was completely laid back, and it was obvious she CARED about what I wanted to look the best on my wedding day. She even spent an extra 30 minutes getting my eyes PERFECT. You can tell she loves what she does, and even recommended a beauty regimen to help take care of my beauty concerns. I have had make-up done professionally done before, and Carla White BY FAR is the best all around!

Sent on 02/27/2011

Dawn · Married on 02/05/2011

Carla did a phenomonal job on my hair and make-up for my trial run. She was very flexible and was able to do my trial as scheduled despite the fact that she had a sick child. She was very knowledgeable and skilled. My hair and make-up looked much better than I had imagined. She succeeded at balancing my ideas with her own personal expertise about what would look best for me. I am looking forward to my wedding day without any worry about how my hair and make-up will turn out. I highly recommend using Carla. Her prices are very reasonable for the great service she offers!

Sent on 02/08/2011

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2010

I am so thankful that Carla was present for hair and makeup at my best friend's wedding. I unfortunately had the flu and felt miserable, but you would NEVER know it from looking at the pictures! My hair and makeup looked perfect and I was impressed with Carla's kindness, talent, and attention to detail. Having a hair and makeup artist who can make me look great even in the midst of the flu kind of feels like knowing the location to the Fountain of Youth.

Sent on 03/01/2011

Kelly · Married on 09/13/2008

Carla was amazing!!! My husband and I were married in September 2008. Still to this day, I look at our photos with my makeup and hair done and I wish Carla was able to make me up every day. All five of my girls, my mom and myself looked fabulous. My makeup and hair never had to be re-touched the whole night. Great pricing and works well under pressure. She brings lots of ideas to the table and will also go off of pictures if you have them. I have utilized Carla's talents more than once and have been happy with the results every time.

Sent on 02/09/2011

Tracey · Married on 04/28/2012

Carla's expertise and talent was a true asset to our wedding. I loved that she traveled to our location so that my bridesmaids and I could get ready onsite. That aspect really helped reduce stress on the wedding day and it allowed us to hang out and provide lunch for everyone while we waited for the ceremony to begin. Carla and her assistant were very professional and definitely knew how to handle different types of hair and requests from the girls. Carla's make-up application was precise and improved our photos immensely.

Sent on 05/18/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2013

Carla knows what she's doing, is a great listener, and is a straight shooter. I loved from the very beginning how she understood exactly what I was going for, but was also flexible and prescriptive. I was definitely worried about over-doing it, but she worked with me in the practice run that I had just the right amount of make-up on to look amazing for the entire night. I truly felt more beautiful than ever and she made my day worry-free. My bridesmaids, mom and mother-in-law also looked fantastic and I have the pictures to prove it. Thank you, Carla!

Sent on 02/11/2014

jennifer · Married on 05/04/2013

Carla did an amazing job on my hair and makeup on my wedding day! She also did a great job on my bridesmaids hair. She is sweet and has a fun friendly attitude! She was on time and ready to work, she made sure I was happy!

Sent on 05/11/2013

Amy · Married on 07/16/2017

Carla's quality of service is like no-other!! She is determined and will stop at nothing to make sure you are happy and "feel beautiful!!" I did a trial with Carla a few months before the wedding and it didn't turn out quite like I expected. She worked with me to try 2 other styles that day that still didn't "wow" me-- due to my own lack of knowledge of how these styles would look with my hair. We scheduled another trial after Carla could tell I wasn't satisfied during the initial trial. I was very impressed with her eagerness and determination to get it right and see me happy! After the second trial, Carla hit the nail on the head!! On my wedding day, my hair and makeup came out even BETTER than the second trial! She pays attention to detail and checks in to make sure you're happy. I have an oily face and Carla was able to add a primer that kept my face oil free all day in July! All of my bridesmaid's hair looked AMAZING in photos and pictures and she even pleased my sister who is notoriously picky when it comes to updos. One of my bridesmaids was able to add makeup the day of. Another guest said she is bringing a photo of my makeup to her bridal stylist (who she already booked) and is asking for her makeup to look just like mine. Carla stays on a great timeline and actually arrived early. The reasons I marked down half a star on responsiveness is simply because I would not hear back from emails until a day later (a lot of vendors are the same day); value was well worth the money but one of my bridesmaids had super short hair and there is a flat rate for all brides/bridesmaids hair; and flexibility purely because you are bound to a contracted number of hair and makeups when you book. You can add services after the contract and Carla worked with me after I had others in the wedding party want to take away and add services a few days before... you just cannot go below the initial contract amount. I would HIGHLY recommend Carla to any bride looking to feel beautiful!!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Carla White's reply:

Thanks Amy! I just loved how your hair and makeup turned out! Definitely one of my favorites this summer! Blessings!!

Carla was excellent. She kept us on schedule, actually even ahead-of schedule, and she made all of us look beautiful. As the bride, I was very, very happy with my makeup and hair. She is pricey, and the bridesmaids that had their hair done by the girl she brought to assist her didn't love their hair and all three had to have it fixed a little. Aside from that though, as far as Carla is concerned, she was just what a bride needed. She prevented stress by having us ahead of schedule, and she made sure I was happy with my hair and makeup before she left. She was very professional. Also, she sent a detailed schedule breakdown prior to the wedding day, listing each bridesmaid and when they would be having their hair done and their makeup done. It was very helpful in making sure the girls knew where they needed to be. She was also very flexible. She moved the timeline up a half hour right before the big day when I asked her to, and then she added in anyone who wanted anything extra the day of while still staying on schedule. Thank you, Carla!!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Tracey · Married on 11/02/2013

Carla was great! I had a makeup trial with her before my wedding day to get to know her and her style. I was pleased with her color choices and her personality. Very easy to get along with! Then on my wedding day, she arrived at the hair salon where myself and my girls were getting our hair done to do makeup for myself and some of my girls. She was very prompt and eager to please. I think everyone was happy. However, I will say that Carla put mascara on my lower lashes and it must not have been such a good product. I know for myself and my sister shortly after getting our makeup done, like within an hour, we ended up having the mascara flake off and smudge quite a bit under our eyes. It was almost like it was melting off our lower lashes and running. My bridesmaids had the mascara flake off but not really smudge like it did my sister and I. So I definately would either not have put mascara on my lower lashes or maybe Carla should/could try another mascara. This is why I marked a 4.0 out of 5.0 for quality service category. I marked the value category a little by 1/2 point because I do feel like charging $65 for a trial and again for the wedding day seemed a little high, but I was happy in the end minus the mascara situation, which my bridesmaids were afraid to take the mascara off my lower lashes so they just kept having to cover the smudging under my eyes throughout my wedding day.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Carla White's reply:

Hi Tracey, I hate that mascara ran on you! Although if it ran only on you and your sister it might be your particular skin types. I always use waterproof mascara to help prevent smudging and had recommended you bring your own. Had you called me when you noticed it I would have been more than happy to come back and fix it. I am very up front with pricing and overall you told me were quite pleased with your look. I wish blessings on you and your husband!

Carla provided great make up for my wedding. She arrived on time, and was in and out in great timing. It was great also that she came to the church where my ceremony was being held. I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Carla White's reply:

Since the review is anonymous I can't respond with specifics. But it always baffles me when brides love what I do then mark me down for value. My pricing is competitive with other vendors in this area. No hidden costs, everything is up front. In this case flexibility was marked down but she appreciated I came on site for her convenience to do her makeup.

Ashlea · Married on 06/30/2012

Carla did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup both for my bridal portraits and the day of my wedding. Not only did she do a fabulous job on my hair and makeup, but she was very easy to get along with, had a great personality, and was eager to please. She made me her number 1 priority the day of my wedding and wanted to be sure I was happy with everything. I would definitely recommend her services to future brides.

Sent on 07/17/2012