Carla White Reviews

Carla White 5
Carla White 6
Carla White 7

Samantha · Married on 03/16/2013

Carla was great and very easy to work with!! She did a great job with mt hair and my step daughter's hair!! My make up looked amazing!! I would highly recommend her to any bride getting married and wants to be pampered and look beautiful!!!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Alisha · Married on 02/16/2013

Carla is absolutely amazing!! She made me into an extremely beautiful bride!! It wouldn't have been the same without her!!!

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • User3072074 · 2+ years ago

Carla was fantastic - fun, responsive, and did a fantastic job with my hair and makeup (as well as my mom's and bridesmaid's). I usually don't wear much makeup and was nervous about looking too done up, but she made me look natural and still look great in the pictures. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/17/2013
  • Venus

Venus · Married on 01/05/2013

Carla White was simply wonderful to work with. She was professional, listened to me, and offered great feedback. The best part, she came to me on my wedding day. No rushing to the salon and then to the wedding venue. Nice and relaxed. Not a hair was out of place on my wedding day.

Sent on 01/27/2013

Carrie · Married on 11/21/2012

Carla is an amazing makeup artist and made my hair and makeup for the day extra special! She's fun, knowledgeable, and professional, and was able to give me exactly what I wanted while making me look amazing for my wedding. She also did my maid of honor's makeup and my mother's and they both looked amazing too. My maid of honor showed her a picture of an updo she liked and Carla was able to replicate it perfectly. The environment was also fun and very relaxed, and it was great to have a few hours to just get pampered and de-stress. I would highly recommend Carla, and I plan on going to her in the future for all of my beauty needs.

Sent on 11/29/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2012

Carla was WONDERFUL!!! She made me look and feel so beautiful on my wedding day!! Not only was Carla very fun and easy to work with, she truly captured the image I was looking for!!! I highly recommend her to EVERY bride!! She will make you feel so relaxed and at ease on your wedding day!! You won't have to stress about anything (related to your hair and make-up, at least) and you will look so natural and beautiful!! :)

Sent on 11/08/2012

Carla was wonderful! I brought her a picture of the up-do I wanted and she was able to recreate it perfectly. She is punctual, professional, and very easy to work with. She also does a great job with makeup and will have you looking done up (but not over done!) for your wedding day.

Sent on 10/27/2012

Dagny · Married on 09/29/2012

Really, really loved Carla! I loved her style - naturally pretty, I would call it. And her prices were really great. It was important to me that I look pretty, not naked or like a clown and her style fit that perfectly. I also wanted someone that could come to our hotel and get ready in the room without paying an arm and a leg. Her area is Greensboro, so it did require a travel fee for her to come to Raleigh. But it was worth it! I met with her in the summer for a hair trial, and she took the two pictures I brought and optimized the styles for my own hair type and lenght. For the day-of, we decided it might look nicer to bulk up my hair with clip-in extensions and she worked them in fabulously. Lots of people told me they loved my hair and had no idea that half of it was fake!! She was also super quick, even with quite a few people getting hair and make-up - I was impressed!!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/21/2012

Every bride should look and feel beautiful on their wedding day, and Carla White is the person to make it happen! I was a little hesitant to work getting my hair and make-up done professionally in to my budget, but it was the best decision I made! As girls, it is typical to be a little self-conscious about our looks (especially if we are going to be able to standing infront of all of our closest friends and family, not to mention getting pictures taken left and right), but I have never felt MORE confident in myself than on my wedding day, and it is 100% because of Carla. Not only is her work amazing, but her sweet personality and genuine desire to make everyone look and feel pretty are absolutely priceless!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Judy · Married on 08/25/2012

Carla White was wonderful to work with on the morning of the wedding. She arrived on time and efficiently provided makeup services for 10 of us within about three hours. She did a fantastic job and made each of us feel absolutely beautiful. We were lucky to find that she was available on our day, because another cosmetologist fell through at the last minute. I highly recommend Carla because she was pleasant to work with, confident, efficient and talented.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Suzy · Married on 08/21/2012

Before I even moved to America to get married I had found Carla's website purely by chance. I knew straight away she would be perfect and she didn't let me down! She was a pleasure to work with, very relaxed and calm and knowledgeable about what will work and look best. She tells you what she is doing and why so you know exactly what is going on, gives you reviews throughout the process so you can change if you wish. My flower girls looked so very pretty and everyone commented on how beautiful I looked. I would love to work with Carla in future as she was perfectly professional and lovely to have around on such an important day!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Carrie · Married on 08/11/2012

Carla did an excellent job working with each of the bridesmaids, the bride, and the mothers. We had a fun time getting "beautified," very low stress, and she worked perfectly in the space we had for her in our home. We really appreciated her genuine care for the special day. We think that makes all the difference. Will definitely work with her in the future!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Karly · Married on 07/07/2012

Carla was a pleasure to work with! I wanted someone to come to my wedding venue and do the hair and makeup there since my bridesmaids and I were all coming from out of town and didn't really want to worry about driving the day of the wedding. I found Carla and she was a dream come true. I was planning the wedding from out of state and she was very friendly and responsive via e-mail. I came down to NC for a hair/makeup trial which went really well- she took a lot of time to make sure I was perfectly happy and to get to know me. We continued to communicate via e-mail leading up to the big day and she showed up early and full of energy on the wedding day (with her great assistant). Everyone's hair and makeup looked absolutely fantastic, there were no frantic last-minute worries about running late (she ran perfectly on schedule), and she even managed to squeeze in a couple of last-minute requests. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and the photos looked great!! On top of everything, her prices were very reasonable compared to some of the "bridal packages" I found at other salons in Chapel Hill. I would definitely recommend Carla to anyone and am sad that I don't live in North Carolina to use her services all the time! Thank you!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Annie · Married on 06/23/2012

I couldn't be more happy that I was able to work with Carla!!!! She (and an assistant, who was awesome but I can't remember her name) did my hair, several of my bridesmaids hair, plus my mom and mother-in-law and my makeup and everyone looked GORGEOUS!!! I'm serious, I could not imagine more beautiful hair and makeup. Everyone's style was different but suited each person's dress and personality perfectly!!! My hair in particular was even more beautiful than I could have imagined, and all I did was show her a few magazine pictures. And the makeup was amazing- I felt like a movie star. She is truly an artist and seems to really love her work. She is also a relaxed and down to earth person, and she makes sure you are honestly happy with everything before she leaves. Getting ready was so fun and stress free because after I did the trial, I knew I could completely trust her. I highly highly recommend Carla!!!!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Annette · Married on 06/16/2012

Carla was AWESOME!!! I recommend her to any and everybody :) she even handled my mother in law-zilla with ease!!

Sent on 07/22/2012
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2012

Carla White was an absolute godsend!! She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. The hair and makeup she did was absolutely stunning! I can say without a doubt, if I could only have one vendor for the entire wedding, it would have been her!

Carla arrived early for my wedding and did my hair and makeup and hair for my sister-in-law, niece and step-daughter. Everyone was so happy with their styles and Carla had all of us looking like our best version of ourselves for the big wedding day!

All I can say after having Carla White do hair and makeup on my wedding day is thank you, thank you, thank you (to her) and book, book, book her (to you)!! She is so fun in her personality, professional in her demeanor and phenomenal in her craft. Working with her has been a wonderful experience.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Carla White's reply:

Thanks Rebecca, that means so much to me! I truly loved being a part of you brig day! I wish so many blessings to you and Kirby!

Megan · Married on 05/12/2012

Carla was amazing, she came to me last minute for my bridal portraits and did a such a wonderful job then that I knew she was the one for doing my make up for my wedding day. She was so nice to do my bridal portrait make up last minute and worked with me the day of the wedding. Carla is very professional and explains step by step what she is doing while doing your make up. I was very comfortable with her doing my make up. I was also very pleased at the way I looked in my photos.

Sent on 05/26/2012

Heather · Married on 05/12/2012

From the very first time I spoke with Carla I could tell she knew exactly what I had in mind for my wedding day hair and makeup. Carla went above and beyond my expectations the day of my wedding. She airbrushed my makeup and added clip-in hair extensions, which all looked absolutely amazing when finished. I am quite a perfectionist and am really picky about my hair and makeup, but when Carla completed my look I could not believe how gorgeous I felt and looked! She took time to make sure everyone was completely satisfied with their hair and makeup and kept asking if anything needed to be changed or fixed. Everyone was very impressed and if I ever need my hair/makeup professionally done again I will definitely be using Carla White!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Kate Musselwhite · Married on 05/05/2012

I couldn't have been happier with my wedding day hair and makeup! Carla did my updo and airbrushed makeup, along with updos for three of my bridesmaids and makeup for the mothers. From the start, it was clear that she wanted to understand everyone's vision for their wedding day look and she implemented it all perfectly. She came to us at the venue on the day of the wedding to do our hair and makeup and it was like she was just one of the girls - she was a total pleasure to work with and be around.

I was super impressed that after a night full of nonstop dancing (which also meant sweating), then a ride across town with my husband in our convertible getaway car, my hair had barely budged and still looked great! I would definitely recommend Carla to future brides-to-be. In fact, I'll be seeing her again soon when I'm a bridesmaid in my best friend's upcoming wedding that she's doing!

Sent on 05/18/2012

Holly · Married on 04/14/2012

Carla was beyond wonderful to work with! Not only was she very
    talented and creative, but a lot of fun to be around. Carla knew
    exactly what I wanted, and made me feel absolutely stunning on my
    wedding day. She not only did my hair and make-up, but also my
    bridesmaids. She was able to please 6 girls with unique hair styles,
    which is not easy to do. Carla was flexible, willing to travel, and
    also easy to get in touch with when I needed her. I would recommend
    her to any girl who wants only the best for her wedding day.

Sent on 06/01/2012
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 04/01/2012

I firmly believe there isn't a makeup/hair artist out there that could've make me feel more beautiful on my wedding day than Carla White. She knows her stuff! Absolutely wonderful at hair, sculpting it, teasing it, twisting it, she can do wonders with hair. She was super focused and extremely talented. Like I said she made me feel like the most beautiful bride ever on my wedding day!

Sent on 04/09/2012

Natosha · Married on 02/11/2012

Carla did my hair and makeup for the big day and the hair and make up for several of my bridesmaids. Everyone was beyond happy with both! Carla and I did a trail run of both hair and make up, she was so easy to work with, very fast to respond, and so helpful. There is nothing I would change. My hair looked great the entire night as did my makeup! If I had to do it all over again, I would pick her every time!

Sent on 01/07/2013

A · Married on 12/31/2011

Carla was great to work with. I was an out-of-towner with one time I was coming back to Greensboro before the wedding -- at a couple weeks before her due date she came over to my parent's home to do a trial of hair and make-up. The overall was natural and she let me wear it for the day and respond with any feedback. That was just the trial run...now to the day of the wedding...Carla's hair-lady (sorry blanking on the name :() was turning out really cute up-do's in 30 minutes flat. Amazing and then Carla worked on my hair and make-up as well as make-up for the Moms. The mothers looked amazing and I being a crazy dancer...actually maintained my look throughout the night. Let me tell you...that NEVER happens :) I always end up looking sweaty and well, like I never bothered getting ready. I highly recommend trusting Carla and team for hair and make-up. It will be one of the most important days in all of my life and I really felt beautiful and not over-done. Thank you, Carla!

Sent on 02/03/2012
  • F

Stella · Married on 11/05/2011

Carla White is amazingly talented. During my hair and makeup trials, both my mom and myself tried various hair and makeup styles till we found the perfect one, Carla was so accommodating. She truly enjoys what she does and it shows in her work. On my wedding day, I looked and felt so beautiful. The ladies in my wedding party loved being pampered too. We looked flawless in video and pictures! Carla White is worth every penny.

Sent on 02/02/2012

Jo · Married on 10/08/2011

Carla was wonderful! She was surprisingly available very last minute and responded quickly after I contacted her. She came to the location of the wedding and was very fun to work with. She listened to what I wanted and did it perfectly. She had no problems with me asking her to change something (which I didn't need to do). The make-up and hair lasted ALL DAY with no fading or falling. She's very easy to be around and made it seem like we were a bunch of girlfriends sitting around talking. Hair and make-up was the last thing I lined up and I feel so fortunate to have found Carla.

Sent on 12/05/2011