Carla White Reviews

Carla White 6
Carla White 7
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 11/17/2018

She could do celebrity hair and makeup

Our wedding venue recommended Carla to me-his recommendation was "Judging by your natural look, your tight timeline, if you want the best-it is Carla White." He was not wrong. Her style is elegant not overdone, and she kept my bridal party and me in line to keep up with our timeline. She brought her partner and also an assistant, traveled to our venue, and was very professional throughout the entire process. We chatted several times before the big day, because logistics were involved since I had 2.5 hours and there were 8 of us to style (hair and makeup). I have no idea how she finished in time, but everyone looked amazing! My updo held up through an entire day/night of dancing and my makeup was flawless. I will wait for professional photos to share, because they are necessary to get a full effect of how great everyone looked. I highly recommend Carla, because your wedding day should be drama free, time is of the essence, and everyone needs to look great. She handles all of this!!!

Lacey · Married on 04/22/2018

Many people in the wedding/event world told me I would love working with Carla White. She was well recommended, highly thought of, and raved about by many. Now I know why! I am her new biggest fans! She made me feel like the prettiest bride in the world- she also made my girl gang super HOT! She was fun, energetic, hilarious, honest, and reliable. If you second guess anything- don’t let it be your hair and makeup. Email Carla today… she books up quick!

Carla White 8
    Carla White 9
    Carla White 10
    Carla White 11
    Carla White 12
    Carla White 13

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2018

Carla is a hair and makeup GENIUS!!! I was so nervous about having my hair done for my wedding because my hair is short, fine and thin, and I wanted a big updo….which I figured would be near impossible. I showed up to my trial with a vague description of what I wanted but no specific idea, and Carla created the most amazing look, better than I could have imagined!! My wedding hair and makeup were both flawless, I got so many compliments and loved feeling so beautiful and confident on my wedding day. Plus, both my hair and makeup lasted over 14 hours, surviving the snow/sleet and even a round of basketball at 1 AM after the wedding, with no touch ups needed! Carla did a fabulous job on my bridesmaids’ hair and makeup as well. The time completely flew by because she is so fun to talk to! I am so ecstatic that Carla was available for my wedding and would recommend her to absolutely anyone!! She is amazing.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Carla White's reply:

Thanks so much for your kindness Jennifer!! This made my day, and I was so honored to beautify you for your big day! Blessings!

Molly · Married on 02/17/2018

Carla was incredible!!! I got married this past weekend at Castle McCulloch in Jamestown, NC. She was so great about being honest with what would work with my hair and let me tell you she knows her stuff! I have pretty thin but really curly hair, which can be relatively difficult to work with. I got so many compliments from everyone in attendance. Her team also did all of my girls (6 bridesmaids, MOB and MOG) AND we didn't have to start at 6 AM which, if you've started looking at different vendors happens. Carla and her team had everyone's hair and makeup done within 4 hours! If you're getting married in the area I highly recommend Carla!

Sent on 02/21/2018

Carla White's reply:

Thanks Molly!! I really appreciate your kind words!! You and your ladies were a JOY to work with!! Many Blessings!

Kristi · Married on 01/13/2018

Great experience!

Carla was amazing to work with throughout the entire wedding process. She was personable, professional, and fun! On my wedding day, she was so fun to talk to and she really brought a calming presence to the room!

Carla White 14
    Carla White 15
    Carla White 16
    Carla White 17
  • F

Franny · Married on 01/06/2018

I was a bridesmaid for one of my best friends. Her wedding had a 60s theme and Carla and Angela were there to do makeup and hair, respectively. First, they were on-time and so professional, but also just fabulously down to earth and friendly. We were trying not to take ourselves too seriously and have a fun morning, and they contributed immensely to that. All of us (6 bridesmaids, the bride, and the bride's mother) got airbrushing (so natural looking!!) and a fabulous 60s do of our choosing. Both Anglea and Carla were so FAST and so so beautiful. Each of us had a different 60s look, and Anglea was able to go with the flow immediately and do justice to the photos we showed her. Carla took all of our "we want to look natural" instructions and did that, but with a fancy flare. We couldn't have been happier with our looks. It was the first wedding I was a part of where I got to feel as glamorous as the bride and was able to have so much fun. If I'm ever back in Charlotte or Greensboro (or know friends who are doing events) I would recommend Carla without hesitation. Totally worth every penny!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Carla White's reply:

Wow! Thanks for the kind words Franny! It was such a pleasure meeting you! I wish you the best of luck with officiating weddings!!

Erin · Married on 01/06/2018

Carla and Angela were complete dreamboats. They spent five hours on-site doing incredible vintage hair and makeup looks for my mom, six bridesmaids, and me. I was nervous about finding someone who would "get" our retro vibe for the wedding, and Carla was totally on board-- she was also super helpfully honest about what would look best on each person according to their eye shape, skin type, hair type, etc. To a person, my bridal party was SO. GORGEOUS. and they all LOVED how they looked. Carla and Angela interpreted our vintage vibe while still making each bridal party member look exactly how she wanted to look, and they were super flexible about making adjustments as we went along. Before she left for the day, Carla showed my MOH how to fix my hair throughout the night and checked back in with my bridal party to make sure no one else needed touch-ups or hairspray. To top it all off, she was lovely to hang out with and blended right in with my loud and wacky crew. Thanks again, Carla!

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Carla White 18
    Carla White 19

Carla White's reply:

Thank you so much Erin! We had a blast and it THRILLS me to hear how much everyone LOVED they looks we created! Congrats again!!

Sarah · Married on 01/06/2018

Carla did an absolutely fabulous job for us at my sister's wedding. She was flexible, delightful, and professional. The wedding had a "60s vibe" which she jumped all over and did an amazing job creating. All of our hair and makeup fit perfectly with the vibe, while preserving each woman's unique style. She truly cared that each of us felt beautiful. Would highly, highly recommend Carla for your event!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Carla White's reply:

Thanks so much Sarah!! So great meeting you all!

Karla · Married on 10/10/2017

She was awesome, super accommodating and flexible, willing to come to the park we had wedding in and get me ready in a shelter. I know it was not easy to get me ready outside with high humidity, but she did great and I felt special for my wedding day. Thank you so much Carla

Sent on 10/16/2017

Hi Karla!
    It was such a joy getting you ready!! THank you for your kind words!!

Taylor · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Carla White! She is simply the best. My bridesmaids' hair and makeup was nothing short of perfection. Everyone looked absolutely flawless and she made sure everyone was completely in love with the way they looked. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. My makeup was so glamorous and actually stayed on ALL NIGHT. Carla created exactly what I asked for in a hairstyle and nailed it. I would highly recommend Carla for wedding day hair and makeup. Rest assured you will receive a highly quality, professional finished product!

Adriana · Married on 09/07/2017

I booked Carla for my wedding hair and make up trial, as well as for myself and my sister on my wedding day. She was fabulous. She was extremely responsive to communication and flexible. I had a small vision for myself but nothing too specific and she was able to use what little input I gave her to create the most beautiful look. All night my guests were saying how amazing my and and my sister's hair and makeup looked. She arrived on time and was efficient in her work, as well as a great conversationalist. My sister and I were very sorry we had to take out our hair and wash our faces, we were so in love with our looks. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Carla White's reply:

Thank you Adriana! I so enjoyed the time I spend with you and your sister! Blessings for your marriage!

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

Carla is the best in the business. She is quick, but thorough, detailed, precise, and just knows whats going to look good on you even if you don't. She can take you from drab to fab in 30 minutes. The airbrushing is incredible, it holds up through sweat, tears, humidity, dancing, etc. She makes you look like you had your makeup done by a trained professional, i.e. not giving you that overdone beauty counter look (no offense to anyone). Not to mention she can do a killer fishtail braid. If you want flawless makeup and great conversation she's your girl. Very reasonably priced considering her resume and reputation in the field. My bridesmaid loved her, she handled all types of skin from acne prone, acne scars, dry skin, non-makeup wearers, older skin, she can do it all and do it well. I wish I was rich and famous so she could be a part of my glam squad (we can all dream, right?). Thanks so much Carla, XOXO Sarah Rumsey (Bechtle)

Sent on 09/05/2017

Carla White's reply:

Hi Sarah! I was so honored to be a part of your big day! and rehearsal dinner!! You are beautiful inside and out! Thank YOU for your kind words! It means so much to me!! XO Carla

Meg · Married on 07/15/2017

Carla is AWESOME! I couldn't have imagined my wedding weekend without her. She made sure I not only looked my best but felt my best. Thank you for being so wonderful to work with. I have loved staying in touch.

Brianna · Married on 05/25/2017

I absolutely LOVED my wedding hair and makeup!! I am not a big makeup wearer on a daily basis and Carla made me feel absolutely beautiful. My hair was exactly as I had pictured it - she stopped every few minutes and made sure that we were still on the same track with how she was styling my hair. (I wasn't able to get a trial in since I live out of state and couldn't travel up before the wedding, but everything was perfect!) She was upfront and honest with what she thought would look good or bad according to my hair type and skin tones (which I really appreciate!) She made every single one of my bridesmaids feel beautiful and flawless. Love, Love, Loved having her make us feel perfect on my wedding day!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Carla White's reply:

Thank you so much Brianna!! It was such a pleasure to meet you and beautify you on your big day!!

Jamie · Married on 05/13/2017

Carla White is wonderful to work with. She has a talent that no one else has. Her ability to do hair and makeup is incredible. She loves what she does and is great at it. Carla did my hair and makeup for my bridal portraits and wedding. She also did hair and makeup for my bridal party and everyone was so impressed with her work. Everyone looked absolutely stunning. I give her my highest of recommendations!

Caroline · Married on 04/08/2017

Carla was amazing to work with! My hair and makeup were really important to me for my wedding. I had several trials at different places, but as soon as I met Carla I knew that she would be able to deliver exactly what I wanted. She could copy any sample picture I had, I trusted her judgment, and I felt confident my hair and makeup would be on point for wedding day. She is so talented! I especially love her airbrush makeup which makes your skin look flawless. Not only is she awesome at what she does, she is laid back and so fun to work with- which is exactly what every bride needs on their wedding day! I highly highly recommend Carla for hair and makeup. She is the best in the business!

smith · Married on 11/16/2016

Love it! Very quick in communications, just exactly what we were looking for on our special day!

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2016

I was so happy with my hair and makeup on my wedding day!! Carla was so easy to work with and very laid back, which is much needed when you're planning a wedding. She was recommended to me by a friend and you can tell by her reviews and pictures she does great work and knows what she's doing! She highly recommended a trial for my hair and I was so happy that we did that. Her expertise and experience will make you feel comfortable and help you make decisions about your event. Without a doubt, I will continue to recommend Carla! Thank you for a beautiful day, Carla.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Carla White's reply:

Thank you so very much Jessica for your kind words! I loved working with you, and I am SO happy that you were happy with my services!

Leigh · Married on 10/22/2016

As a wedding planner, Carla is one of the very first vendors I recommend that my clients book. She is, hands down, the best in the Triad area and easily one of the best in the state so she books up fast. When it came my turn to be the bride, she was one of the few vendors that I planned my wedding date around. I was not going to walk down that aisle without Carla doing my hair and makeup. On my wedding day, she made me feel so beautiful. She was also so sweet to call after my trial run and wedding day to make sure I was happy with everything and felt my best. I always tell my brides that you can have the most beautiful day, the perfect dress, and the most talented photographer in the world but if you don't love the way your hair and makeup look in pictures, you are going to be VERY disappointed. A quality hair and makeup artist gives you a boost of confidence to feel your best and is truly worth their weight in gold ... and Carla is solid GOLD.

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

Stop right here and book Carla. I am so glad I did, I've never felt more beautiful. She is super talented and fun, and SO efficient. I hate getting my makeup done but she is just so quick and accurate, and really is in tune with what you're looking for. She came highly recommended by two people (my photographer and sister in law) and upon reviewing her website, I sent over an inquiry nearly a year before my wedding. Once the trial came along, I knew it was the perfect fit. We had a blast and she could tell I am not big on wearing makeup, she is just that perceptive. The day of the wedding, Carla arrived promptly even though it was Hurricane Matthewing outside. All three of my bridesmaids, my mother in law, my mom (last minute wanted airbrush which she gladly accommodated) and I had our hair/makeup done. Once one of my sisters was finished, I was just like WOW. She looked amazing and our makeup/hair stayed all night long. Carla is just amazing, everything you could want for your wedding. I even told her I need to either learn her tricks of the trade or hire her once a week, I would utilize her skills for any big event if she lets me :) Thank you so much for everything, Carla! You made our special day even better!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Carla White's reply:

Wow! Thanks so much Lauren for the kind words! This means the world to me :)

Lindsey · Married on 09/30/2016

I had Carla do my makeup from my engagement photos, bridal portraits, and wedding day. She also did my 4 bridesmaids. She does beautiful work! I love love love my makeup in every photo! She is reasonably priced, especially for someone who COMES TO YOU and does airbrush. She has such a fun personality but can be a little too honest at times... maybe just warn your bridesmaids before hand, just in case any of them are a little more self-conscious about their skin/have their feelings easily hurt. I think it's great that she is 100% straight forward and honest with you, but just a heads up. lol She knows what looks good, but still listens to your vision and does everything she can to make you happy with your final look. Don't be afraid to speak up about anything at all. She wants you to be happy!! Also, even though I think $15 for the application of fake lashes is a bit much, they are so worth it. As an ex-pageant girl, falsies weren't even a question. They make a HUGE difference in photos and just finish off the already gorgeous work Carla has done!
    She was easy to communicate with, flexible with scheduling, truly a fun personality, and does beautiful makeup. THANK YOU Carla for making my bridesmaids and I look amazing! :)

Sent on 11/12/2016

Carla White's reply:

Thanks Lindsey for such an honest review! I am thrilled you love how you looked! Totally noted about being too honest! I tend to only mention things if someone asks me my opinion, and in that case I always answer honestly. You wer such a pleasure to work with!!

Kaylee · Married on 09/24/2016

Carla was great to work with on my wedding day! I was a bride that didn't know much about make-up and she created the best look which I felt comfortable and beautiful on my special day.

Alexandra · Married on 08/17/2016

ABSOLUTELY BOOK CARLA FOR YOUR WEDDING! She is fairly priced and her pricing includes airbrush. She does an amazing job. Even the "makeup savvy" girls in my group were satisfied with the job she did. We all felt like princesses/queens! IT also lasts all night and into the morning. Couldn't praise her work enough.

Hannah · Married on 05/29/2016

Carla is simply the BEST! I have extremely thick/curly hair and have a difficult type finding people who "get" my hair and complexion, but Carla completely nailed the look I wanted. I have never felt more gorgeous! Carla and her team handled my 5 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, 2 grandmothers and a last minute addition quickly and kept us on our VERY tight schedule. Each and every woman LOVED her hair and makeup and they all lasted through the night! One of my bridesmaids said it was the first time she's *EVER* liked her hair professionally done on the first try. The first thing my wedding planner suggested I do when I got engaged was book Carla, and now I know why!

Karie · Married on 03/25/2016

I would have been a nervous wreck without Carla, she relaxed me and built my confidence so that I could be my true self in front of the camera and in front of so many people on my wedding day! She made me feel so comfortable and helped me figure out what I wanted that would work best with my dress and over all style of the wedding. I had so much fun with her and really enjoyed the special moments that are so important to a bride leading up to the wedding day and the day of. She is a true professional that puts her heart into everything she does because she wants it to be exactly what you want and have in mind, but also has a great way of giving you new ideas and accenting your features so that you own that look! Carla helped me figure out timing for the day of the wedding, talked me through fake eyelashes (which I swore I could never pull off), my un-welcomed nervous sweats, and what to do/how to feel/what to expect in front of the camera for bridal portraits. Thanks Carla for all your hard work and time you spent with me and my wedding party!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Carla White's reply:

Thank you thank you Karie for the sweet words! That means so much to me! I was honored that you chose me to beautify you for your big day! Blessings!!