26 Reviews for Caribbean Caterers

Premium Liquor (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
26 Caribbean Caterers Reviews

Have you ever been to Disney? If so, you know the feeling of smiling all day. You know that all the cares in the world have disappeared for a few hours. 16 September 2017, Caribbean Caterers was our Disney. The Team, Christina Burkeholder, Candace Spencer, and Gillian de Souza, were everything in the catering world that Disney is for children and adults.
I first came across Caribbean Caterers when I attended one of those wedding events with my cousin's friend; she was preparing for her wedding and Caribbean Caterers were one of the venders at the event. I tried the jerk chicken, Keisha had the bread pudding, and I had another sample of the jerk chicken with the bread pudding. Once the date was set for our wedding I contacted them...I did not contact any other company because I was set on having CARIBBEAN CATERERS! Christina was my original point of contact and was welcoming, accommodating, and had an ear to listen when I changed from the first venue and was having a meltdown.Ms. Gillian, was with us the entire time she made me feel as if I was the only wedding that was taking place. She has a warm heart, patient, has a listening ear, and remained professional at all times. When suggestions were needed she was always full of ideas. I was a DIY bride and didn't really have a budget for food but knew I didn't want to spend every single dollar that was in my savings account, and she didn't take advantage of me not knowing the exact amount of money we wanted to spend. Ms. Gillian is also had to deal with the groom whom is very cautious of what money is being spent and where.Candace! Candace! Candace! I'm sure there are other people within the company that can do exactly what Candace did for our wedding to yours but there is only Candace. Candace hit the ground running. She is friendly, was knowledgeable about my event, and on the day of she nailed everything that she was supposed to! Every hiccup thrown her way she managed. Full review on yelp

Profile Picture Tashica, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Caribbean, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

My Fiancée's parents and I met with Gillian and Christina this past Saturday. We had trouble locating a reliable and professional caterer to assist us in our quest to offer fusion cuisine at our upcoming wedding. Gillian and Christina were a breathe of fresh air. They were both very professional, kind and understanding to our needs. Gillian was very culturally inclined and made me feel comfortable with her understanding of Puerto Rican and Pakistani cuisine. Christina is very sweet and attentive. She was assisted Gillian with notating all our needs. They both gave their undivided attention for over two hours as we discussed our menu with them. During this time they offered us some pineapple/guava juice, bread pudding rum sauce, Caribbean styled rice and meat patties. Everything was absolutely delicious!! We are waiting on a price quote and official food tasting with them in the coming weeks. I will update my review as we progress along. So far my Fiancée's parents and I are very pleased with their service!

Profile Picture User6754880, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Caribbean Caterers were amazing. The food is great and Gillian DeSouza is very professional and extremely enjoyable to work with. Gillian did an amazing job of making sure all the details of the wedding came together perfectly and I am so happy that we choose them to cater our wedding day. I highly recommend them and will definitely use their services in the future. Thank you Gillian and Caribbean Caterers!

Profile Picture Ava, 5/29/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Caribbean, American

Thank You So much For Everything definitely I recommend my family and friends !!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Buffet, Custom Menu, French Service, Cajun, Latin American, House Liquor, Liquor License, Lactose Free, Organic

We could not have selected a better caterer for our wedding than Caribbean Caterers. Upon meeting Gillian and her assistant Roger for the first time, I was struck by how warm and inviting she and her team were and how comfortable she made my husband and I feel at the start of our planning process. We felt that Gillian and Roger were as personally invested in and excited about the success of our event as we were. As our plans evolved, Gillian and Roger provided us with the highest level of service and attention and used the breadth of their experience to advise us through our key decisions on food, décor, budget, setup, and scheduling.

Our wedding ceremony and reception were breathtaking, truly the best day of our lives. Working within our budget, Gillian captured our vision for simplicity and elegance and set up the ceremony and reception spaces to complement the natural beauty of the lawn and the natural elegance of the reception hall with its warm wood floors, high ceilings, and exposed brick walls. To this day, our guests are still raving about the how delicious and memorable the food was, which is especially meaningful to me as we chose the menu to honor my deceased Jamaican father.

Because we held our ceremony and reception in the same venue, a lot of coordination had to go into set-up, breakdown, and the movement of our guests, but Gillian and her team pulled it all off seamlessly and effortlessly. Knowing that the day’s details were in expert hands, my husband and I were able to relax and focus on taking in our beautiful, unforgettable day. My husband and I will be eternally grateful to Gillian and her team for making our day so perfect.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Caribbean, Champagne Toast

I will never forget the one question I was asked by Gillian during my consultation. "What is the one thing I want my guest to walk away from receptions saying?" I told her I wanted them to say the food was fabulous. Well I got that and more. I am still getting emails and text messages on how great the food was. I had the best wedding ever. Caribbean Caterers has a customer for life. Thanks again Gillian for keeping it stress free and professional. Love you guys.......

Profile Picture alicia, 10/5/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We did not want your typical run-of-the-mill wedding food and we couldn't have selected a better vendor than Caribbean Caterers (CC) to deliver on that vision! CC paid meticulous attention to detail, offered a beautiful display and a gracious and flexible staff. The food was scrumptious and they were a complete joy all the way around to work with.

Profile Picture Elle, 9/9/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

After our first caterer fell through, a friend recommended Caribbean Caterers and we were relieved they were able to accommodate us on short notice. The first phone call put us completely at ease, and we were pleasantly surprised by the continued level of attention and responsiveness. Gillian and the team took care of everything, from calling the venue to ensure they had everything we needed, to making menu suggestions to arranging the room set up, complete with lovely linens and place settings. All we had to do was show up! And the food – our guests are still talking about it. We designed our own brunch menu with Gillian’s help. It was delightfully arranged and even better tasting. Our personal favorites were the Hawaiian meatballs, gourmet bread basket, the spicy cod fish balls and a specially prepared brunch casserole. And you absolutely have to have the calypso punch! We highly recommend Caribbean Caterers and they will now be the first we call for our next special event.”

Rhea and Douglas
8.17.12

Profile Picture Rhea, 8/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

In a word.......FABULOUS!!!!! Gillian is the absolute best!!! She really worked with me & my budget...I know at times she must've been ready to kill me BUT she was nothing less than respectful & professional. Everything they said they would do, they did it & went above and beyond!!

The set up was absolutely breathtaking!!! David Tutura who??? I couldn't have asked for anything more. They took my vision & brought it to life. It was so beautiful, I almost didn't want anyone to enter the reception hall!

The food was spectacular; it was cooked perfectly! Everyone enjoyed the dinner and the champagne toast presentation.

Gillian had a couple of surprises for me, which I truly speechless & appreciative!!!

I don't think anyone could've pulled it off better...I'm sooo glad I stuck to my guns & booked this caterer!

Profile Picture Naadu, 10/9/10, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

What can I say, the team worked "magic" even with the 2' of snow and entire city closed down. Selecting you was a true connection that can only be explained as destined. From being one of the preferred caterer's a the reception venue and the welcome, presentation, and staff consultations for putting together the wedding, we could not have picked anyone else. It was a match made in heaven. Your staff was professional, furnishings provided, setup of the event was picture perfect. Programs and menu's were printed with listing Caribbean Caterer even before the contract was signed or tasting scheduled. Our 11yr old son gave a thumbs up on the menu before we could even desert service and so the deal was sealed. Working with my other vendors was seamless considering the whopping 6wks putting this affair together. Once I shared my vision of the day with the consultant it seemed as if she was expecting me and had choices ready at our first meeting, and the rest fell into place as we counted down the days. In the end even the blizzard of the decade did not stop Caribbean Caterer's coming through as the city lay in complete surrender to the mounting snow and gave us a "Beautiful wedding day memory" that has evoke ripple sentiments of beauty, love and sheer happiness of those in attendance from photographs as they span the globe from merry wishers. Thank you to the Dec. 19 Caribbean Caterer Team that made our day "one of a kind"....Bravo and I am sure to gush about you for your part in our special day for a long time to come! Thank you!

Profile Picture Edna, 12/19/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Every bride/groom knows time is of the essence when it comes to your wedding day. However, as much as you plan, something goes wrong. On my wedding day the deacon was 90 minutes late! Him being late threw the entire schedule for the evening off. The staff of Caribbean Caterers was very diligent in keeping my guests happy under the circumstances. The decor was beautiful, the food was superb and everyone was very impressed with the staff. Did I mention in the midst of the cocktail hour (for approx 175 ppl) they were able to set up the reception area in about 25 minutes! I must say, Caribbean Caterers truly was a breath of fresh air as far as vendors go. They listen to what you want and create a vision around it without compromising your vision which is more than many catering vendors would do. Their professionalism is impeccable, their attention to detail is great they are always a step ahead which is refreshing. They were able to turn a potential disaster into a beautiful night. Their diligence is what helped the evening flow and till this day my husband and I are BEYOND grateful for that. Thank you Caribbean Caterers!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/27/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Incredible food and wonderful service! A very competent and flexible staff, including the management and the servers at the reception location. I was very impressed with Maxine's ability and willingness to work with us to accomodate different dietary needs. I cannot stress enough how DELICIOUS the food was, people are still talking about it 3 months later!

Profile Picture Carol, 12/13/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Jillian and Lisa were wonderful. Caribbean Caterers is an excellent catering service and I was pleased with everything for my wedding. Since my wedding I have used their to-go- menu for another event.

Profile Picture Uretta, 11/4/06, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't say enough about this caterer. We were pleased with the food, service, and responsiveness. Our guests were very pleased with the food. Many people commented that the food was some of the best they've ever had at a wedding. They had great choices for the vegetarian bride and other vegetarians at the wedding. They were great.

Profile Picture Robert, 3/31/06, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used them for the rehearsal dinner at our home, the groom's parents. The food was delicious. The set up with the linens, the bar and buffet display were beautiful. The service was so smooth that it felt like I was a guest in my own home. We were helped by a cool spring evening with the flowers in the yard abloom. It was a relaxing evening before the busy wedding day.

Profile Picture Kristine, 6/4/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

A little pricey but overall they did an excellent job!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/27/08, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I had the pleasure of using Caribbean Caterer for my wedding cocktail hour and reception hosted at the Newton White Mansion. The customer service and attention to detail that they displayed was top notch! From the very beginning when we met with sales manager/coordinator (Gillian) we loved this company. Gillian's energy and warmth is what drew us in. The office assistant, Roger was a pleasure to work with as well. We had tried several catering companies (tastings) but once we attended the tasting at CC and experienced the bold flavors and style we decided we MUST have them cater our wedding. As part of our wedding package they included all of the linens and table arrangements and that really helped with our budget. Although we had to make several last minute changes and additions, CC was very flexible. I appreciated their honesty, professionalism, and friendly customer service throughout the entire process. 2 Thumbs up for Caribbean Caterers! I would definitely recommend them to others.

Profile Picture Naima, 4/6/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Gillian was a pro, and the food was delicious: we received tons of compliments on it. Everything went very smoothly. I was impressed by how well they made it work, especially since my venue did not have a kitchen. Pricing was comparable to other caterers I researched in the area; a bit expensive, but everything in DC seems expensive to me (compared to where I grew up in a small city in the midwest). The food was worth it though.

Profile Picture Christina, 7/30/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. ALL THE GUESTS COMMENTED ON THE GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE. MY ONLY CONCERN WAS THEY WERE STILL SETTING UP WHEN THE GUESTS ARRIVED. THEY MAKE A BEAUTIFUL PRESENTATION, BUT THEY NEED TO ALLOW MORE TIME FOR SETUP.

Profile Picture DANA, 6/19/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

This is the 2nd time we've had Caribbean Caterers cater events - once for my bday party during which time they delivered the food and we served it and the second time was for my husband's surprise 50th bday party. For my husband's party, we opted for a full service cocktail event with heavy hors doevres. Gillian has been a joy to work with both times, offering suggestions for the menu items and remaining flexible. During the event, although she was not onsite, her staff was professional and courteous and left the venue spotless when they left. The bartender even came back afterwards to remind me that I had additional unused alcohol that was stored in a closet (I would not have known otherwise) which allowed me to return the unused alcohol which saved me a few hundred dollars. I would definitely use them again for future events.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 3/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food was excellent. The guest from my wedding are asking for info to order the food or have them cater an event for them. I still talk about how yummy the was. Thanks Gillian!!!

Kristina & Travis

Profile Picture Kristina, 9/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

While it took some time in the beginning to obtain an initial consultation, I'm sooooo glad I was persistent in making contact with the staff at Caribbean Caterers. After attending one of the group open house sessions, our minds were made up. My husband and I decided to move forward with Caribbean Caterers. Let me just say that everything at my wedding was FABULOUS! Everyone really enjoyed the food and the decor. Unfortunately, my husband and I didn't get to eat much. But I have no doubt the food was great. I highly recommend paying the extra money to have the food packed for you after the wedding OR insist that your coordinator pack up the extra food. Since I failed to do either, one month after the wedding I'm still kicking myself and longing to have just one more taste of the fabulous food! Gillian and her team are AWESOME. You will not be disappointed. I look forward to planning another event where I can utilize their services.

Profile Picture Dr, 8/30/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Overall I was happy with my services from Caribbean Caterers. They were professional and the taste of the food was consistent throughout my planning process to my wedding day. I priced ALOT of caterers and they were definitely on the high end but you get what you pay for and I was satisfied. The only thing that I was disappointed in was the rum punch. For a caribbean catering company the rum punch was rather weak and watered down. Besides that service was impeccable and the food was hot and tasty.

Profile Picture Nakeisha, 10/2/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food for the wedding was very good. The waitstaff professionalism was excellent. I would definitely recommend going to a tasting just so you will know what food tastes like. At my wedding I had mixed crowd of Americans and Nigerians. We were very careful about selecting a menu that everyone would enjoy. All the guests were wowed about the presentation and service.

There were a few mishaps the day of the wedding. I think in the future if I were to use their services again, I would give details to very small things, such as the decor for the tables. I think if more details were given these mishaps would not have occurred.

Profile Picture Shoshani, 8/2/08, 5 Reviews