Capture Photography Reviews

Capture Photography 6
Capture Photography 7
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/04/2019

Best recommendation for our wedding :)

Jenny and Allison were recommended to me and my (now) husband by my brother and sister and law who used Capture Photography on their wedding day. Since I knew they already took such beautiful photos, we decided to go with them too! Jenny photographed our engagement session and wedding day and did an absolutely fantastic job! Allison was out of town for our wedding day, so Jenny had the help of another photographer who was also amazing. The engagement photo session was so great to have since it was a good time for us to get to know Jenny, and vice versa. We hiked on Belle Isle for our engagement photo shoot and Jenny even climbed hillsides and over fences to capture the best shots. On our wedding day, Jenny was so comforting to have as our photographer. She was so well organized and made the whole experience so relaxing and enjoyable. When we got our photos back, my jaw literally dropped at some of the shots she took. She definitely knew what kind of photos would look beautiful and she was great at directing us on our wedding day to capture these moments. We got so many photos back in a short time span and all of them are beautiful! I would highly recommend Capture Photography for anyone's special day!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Capture Photography 12
    Capture Photography 13
    Capture Photography 14

Cathy · Married on 05/27/2018

Can I give more than just 5 stars? These two ladies are truly masters of their craft. My husband and I have felt pretty awkward in the past taking photos until we met Jenny and Allison! Turns out my husband is a GQ regular and my awkwardness can be quite cute on camera. These ladies are so personable and know how to make you turn it on. We are so pleased with the photos we received for our sneak peek we thought it was our actual gallery! We even decided to have them do additional photos after the wedding with some cultural wedding outfits from our other ceremony. With each photo, we are reminiscing about our wedding day. The photos capture each moment perfectly and the emotion we were feeling. They are worth every penny and more, we will be using them for whatever we need photos we want to remember and capture moving forward!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Christy · Married on 11/11/2017

There are not enough words to describe how fantastic Allison & Jenny were to work with! From our first conversations with them, we knew they would be able to capture all of our special moments of the day. They were extremely organized and made sure we got all of the photos that we wanted, were willing to photograph every silly thing I asked them to, and did it all with an excited smile. Our wedding was on 11/11 and we had our first sneaks by Monday morning and our full sneak peek gallery within two weeks. The photos have been absolutely gorgeous and we know the rest will be as well!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Cassandra · Married on 03/11/2017

We hired Jenny and Alison in the beginning of our wedding prep and were a little nervous about the price because it took up about 1/2 of our wedding budget, but they have literally been worth every penny. From the start they have been in constant contact, making sure we got exactly what we wanted and willing to work with us on difficult family members, from those having to leave early to dealing with family members who refuse to speak to one another. They've sent us cards for our birthdays, post cards to check in, and emails verifying all the information was correct. On the day of they arrived before I did and got pictures of everything important to me, including my dress, shoes, and everything we made by hand, which was about 90% of the wedding. They completely blended in with our guests and I actually only noticed them 2-3 times through out the entire day, and yet from the angle of the pictures they were right up next to us on a number of occasions. They checked in with us a few times to make sure everything was going smoothly, and near the end of the day they double checked for last minute requests we might have thought of throughout the day.

Post wedding we got the initial shot, except that instead of 1 we got 3. It was supposed to be 2 weeks before the sneak peak came back, but in just over 1 we got the "sneak peak" that was about 4x the amount we expected and they're all fantastic.

They are worth every penny, and if we had to do it all over again I'd choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Jamie · Married on 04/16/2016

These ladies were absolutely wonderful! They captured every moment and detail of our day perfectly and they were so much fun to work with! I would highly, highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Rachel · Married on 11/15/2015

I found Capture Photography on a lesbian wedding website. I am SO GLAD I DID! My wife and I just got married and had the BEST time with Jenny!! She was so awesome to work with. We didn't have anything too big but the most important thing for us was getting some awesome couple shots. She not only got some great pictures, but we explained to her how we didn't want anything typical. And she had awesome ideas for us. Also she's extremely down to earth and a great photographer. We played with confetti, brought in our own musical instruments, and got to be ourselves. We felt so comfortable with her right off the bat. On the day of our wedding when we wanted to take pictures in a certain location, there were some issues but Jenny fought for us and we were able to make it work! How awesome is that? Not only is it a wedding photography experience, she really cares about who she is shooting. She will have every kind of picture you want. My wife and I are even thinking about doing a second set of portraits when we celebrate our one year anniversary. Capture Photography is LGBTQ FRIENDLY!! :)

Sent on 12/09/2015

Justin · Married on 10/19/2014

Very knowledgeable and had a lot of good photo ideas. Was very flexible to our plans.

Sent on 01/21/2015

The ladies at Capture Photography did such a wonderful job photographing our wedding! The day of the wedding they were professional, fun, and easy company. But most importantly, the pictures were beautiful. My husband and I were so impressed by their ability to "capture" little moments of us on camera that didn't feel too posed or forced. They also got great candids of our guests on the dance floor! We are so glad we went with Capture.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Great photographers, very accommodating, and with good eyes. Zero friction.

Sent on 01/20/2015

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Capture Photography was to work with! Jenny and Allison make a wonderful team! They are detailed oriented, while able to be flexible and meet the needs of their clients. They did a wonderful job meeting with us to get a feel of our event, what pictures we wanted, and what kind of style we had. They were punctual and professional. They did an amazing job the day of our wedding. They were there on time and did a fantastic job of capturing the details of our special day. The pictures came out phenomenally, I have received so many compliments on them. Capture Photography did a wonderful job of capturing the overall feel of our event as well. Allison and Jenny did a superb job from start to finish and were flexible and responsive during our event. We had some unanticipated events occur at the wedding and Jenny and Allison were prompt to handle them in a professional and composed manner. I would recommend them for weddings, and any other event that you need a photographer for. I plan to use them in the future for family photo shoots.

Melissa · Married on 09/19/2014

From start to finish Capture Photography exceeded my expectations! These ladies are friendly and professional and their pictures are breathtaking! I felt like I was working with friends who were just as excited as we were for our big day.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Capture Photography's reply:

Thank you Melissa, we are so happy we had the chance to work with you on such an amazing day! Wishing you and Brad many happy years together!! - Jenny & Allison

Brad · Married on 09/19/2014

Allison and Jenny,

We're fun and excited during our big day and they took a ton of great photos too. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Jenny and Allison were friendly and professional in every encounter we had with them. They delivered as promised - the photos are great! Thank you!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Jenny and Allison were very felxible and easy to work with. I'm very happy with how the pictures turned out!

Samantha · Married on 07/20/2014

Jenny and Alison photographed our marriage blessing and reception in July and were wonderful to work with. We tried to find a photographer that worked with both our aesthetic (casual, candid) and limited budget, and I am so glad I found Capture. We communicated mostly through email and phone since my husband and I live in Northern Virginia but it was a smooth process throughout and they were more than flexible with our out-of-the-ordinary event. Having two photographers was a perk and they blended in with the crowd so well, I barely remember seeing them! The pictures turned out just as we had imagined and we couldn't be happier with the experience.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/12/2014

There were quite a few times in the planning process where I had to change meeting times last minute, Allison and Jenny were always so flexible and accommodating. Our pictures came out beautifully and we couldn't be happier with the calm and relaxed way that they dealt with all of the photography from start to finish. I would recommend Capture Photography to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Peyton · Married on 05/24/2014

Jenni and Alison of Capture photography were so great to work with. They were fun, creative, and easy going. Our pictures turned out wonderful, I would definitely recommend them to any of my friends. There are so many great shots of not only us, but also of our guests, it's going to be hard to choose our favorites.

Sent on 07/13/2014
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/16/2014

Allison and Jenny are amazing!!!!! They are efficient and work quickly, yet are still able to create such unique photographs! I love that they spend a lot of time getting to know their clients so that they are able to photograph important details and base their shots on the personalities of the clients. They are also extremely fun to be around, making it easy to feel comfortable around them (and, in turn, get really good candid shots). Choosing a wedding photographer is such a daunting task, since your photographs are part of the memories that will last forever. However, I cannot imagine being this happy by choosing another photography team. I am actually sad that my wedding is over, since these girls are such fun to be around! A++++++

Sent on 05/31/2014

Capture Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Sara, you and Michael are wonderful people and we feel so lucky we got to work with you! Congratulations again!- Jenny & Allison

Stacie · Married on 05/03/2014

We couldn't be happier that we chose Capture to photograph our wedding! Allison and Jenny are such a great team and work together so well. They made us feel so comfortable in front of their camera. They captured every detail and moment so perfectly. Our photos literally take my breath away when we look at them (which is often). We love that they posted some sneak peeks on their Facebook page, so fun to share with our friends and family. We would definitely reccomend Capture Photography to anyone!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Andrea · Married on 04/26/2014

Capture Photography photographed our wedding and reception a month ago and they did a fantastic job! They are a very skilled and organized team. On the wedding day they were the first ones there so that they could get a feel for the site. After the ceremony they got through our looooong shot list very efficiently. But we had the most fun with our couple photographs. Jenny and Allison have a contemporary and romantic style that was exactly what we wanted. We just got the pictures and they are gorgeous! They caught the beauty of our venue and the excitement of the day. I'm so glad that we now have these images to remind us of how special it was. Another win: Not only were they great photographers, but they were the least expensive that we looked at. I'm so glad we picked them!
    Thanks Jenny and Allison!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Katie · Married on 07/06/2013

I really enjoyed working with Capture Photography for my wedding this past July! Both Allison and Jenny were wonderful to work with. The listened to my requests and were focused on getting the pictures I wanted. They were also very creative and took a lot of amazing photos that I will always cherish. I was really happy with the cost compared to other photographers in Richmond. They provide excellent service and several package options for what they charge. It was important to me to get quality pictures but to also have the printing rights in the end. This is hard to find. I would recommend Capture to anyone looking for beautiful wedding pictures at a reasonable price!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Capture Photography's reply:

Thank you Katie for your kind words! A good review from a couple is the best compliment we can receive!! Send us a picture of that little one soon!!!
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 01/19/2013

I cant say enough great things about Jenny. She was so easy to work with and having her in the room with us girls getting ready she was just like "one of the girls". I LOVE how everything came out. I get comments on how amazing my photos are all the time : )

Sent on 03/23/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/08/2012

I absolutely loved my engagement session! Other than sweating like crazy it was the most fun I have ever had taking pictures. Jenny made us feel so comfortable and relaxed so our pictures turned out so natural. She knew exactly what she was doing when she chose photography as her career because she was Amazing!!! And not to mention she is a trooper for doing our session in the heat of summer! We can't wait to work with her again.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Allison · Married on 07/21/2012

These girls are the best!! When looking for a photographer I wanted what any bride looks for. Photos that are classic, some that are unique, some that are artistic, some that are clean and some that show use of the camera in different ways, different angles and vantage points, and the list goes on and on based on your taste. Let me tell you, I don't know much about photography, but I couldn't have envisioned better pictures than what these girls took! Every shot took my breath away. I couldn't believe how well they captured our event and the people in it. In no way can I put a price on these pictures that I will have forever, but I feel like I should have paid them 10 times what I actually did. Jenny and Allison are so friendly and easy to work with, their pictures are like something out of a wedding magazine, and they are affordable for an average couple like my husband and me! We couldn't be happier with having them photograph our wedding! Best choice we made!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Emily · Married on 06/10/2012

Jenny did both our engagement shoot (National Portrait Gallery) and wedding photos (Jewish temple + pre-wedding shoot at hotel garden). She showed up at the venue dressed professionally (this may seem like a given, but we've noticed that it doesn't always happen with wedding photographers). She did an excellent job of capturing both the requested posed shots as well as candids and spur of the moment groupings. Throughout the entire day of the wedding, she took excellent photos without being obtrusive or getting in the way of the ceremony and reception events. Following the wedding, she worked with us to get a few of the photos ready within a couple of days, as we needed them for a publication, and later to select and retouch a set of photos that we were submitting to a wedding blog. We love our photos!

Sent on 02/23/2013