Captain Bill's Bayview House Reviews

Captain Bill's Bayview House 7
  • Darian

Darian · Married on 10/12/2018

Captain bills

Chloe was the women I dealt with through my whole wedding planning process. She was wonderful. She helped me every step of the way with planning. Getting back to me in a reasonable time. Accomadated to my needs. Captain bills has amazing food and very responsibly priced. My wedding came out beautifully.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Captain Bill's Bayview House 15
    Captain Bill's Bayview House 16
    Captain Bill's Bayview House 17

Meg · Married on 06/23/2018

Food and service was beyond my expectations! The entire event was so professional and the hall was beautiful. I didn’t worry about one thing and my family/friends only had wonderful things to say. Perfect venue for such a special day!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Lea · Married on 03/24/2018

Captain Bills organized the perfect rehearsal dinner for us. We had a 40 person buffet dinner with delicious food and efficient bar service. The staff was fantastic and very accommodating. Having a private room allowed us to have an intimate dinner with our closest family and friends. We highly recommend Captain Bills for any event.

Sent on 03/29/2018

Dayna · Married on 10/27/2017

I cannot say enough good things about this venue! From start to finish, the staff was professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Donna, Erin and the entire staff made our wedding dreams come true. They went out of their way to ensure all of our requests were met and made sure everything ran smoothly. The food was absolutely delicious, our guests are still raving about it. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Jenna · Married on 04/09/2017

I grew up in Bay Shore, and my family has been going to Captain Bill's for years. Over the years, I have attended several dinners, showers, and brunches at Captain Bill's, but nothing compares to the weddings that they put on. My parents suggested the venue when my husband and I got engaged last summer, and after visiting other venues, we knew that the Bayview House was the right spot for our wedding. We loved the personal attention that we received every step of the way. On any given day, we could call on the phone or walk in and have our questions answered by Mike, Kelly, Diane, Donna, or any one of the other fabulous staff members at Captain Bill's. No question or request was too big or too small. During our engagement, whenever I would tell people that we were getting married at Captain Bill's, the first words out of their mouth, every single time, were how amazing the food is at Captain Bill's. Well, the food certainly did not disappoint! The guests are still talking about the impressive cocktail hour and dinner selections. Equally as wonderful as the food is the location and views that the Bayview House offers. The large windows overlooking the water and the gorgeous chandeliers made the room look stunning. Luckily, we were blessed with picture perfect weather on April 9, 2017, and we had our ceremony onsite in front of the fireplace in the Bayview House, which was convenient for our guests. We want to thank the fabulous staff at Captain Bill's for making it the best day of our lives! Love, Jenna and Brian

Sent on 06/16/2017

Kat · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing venue! Love the location and windows in the room, makes it perfect in the summer or early fall. the food is amazing and they did such a wonderful job for our wedding. Everyone loved the place and it was a blast!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Melissa · Married on 06/25/2016

My husband and I cannot thank the staff of Captain Bills for the wedding of our dreams.
    From the delicious food, gorgeous space, to the incredible staff, we couldn’t have been happier with our ceremony and reception. Donna and Kelly were so helpful in answering questions and making sure that every detail was to our liking. And on the day of, we were treated like royalty. Not only were they making sure we were fed and happy, but our maître d made sure to introduce herself to both sets of parents. My dad still jokes to this day that his glass of scotch was never left empty. Our family and friends still tell us how much they loved the food. I would recommend Captain Bills to anyone!

Sent on 12/02/2016

My shower and rehearsal dinner were both held here. The food was amazing and the staff very nice. We had no issues for either event.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Sharon · Married on 10/24/2015

Captain Bill's and everyone that we dealt with went above and beyond to make our wedding special. We were only about 65 people but the staff made us feel as if we were a bigger wedding. The food was excellent at both the cocktail hour and the reception. I would not hesitate to recommend Captain Bill's to anyone who was looking for a catering venue.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/19/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Captain Bills. They were beyond great. Speaking and dealing with everyone was a pleasure. They made us feel so comfortable from the moment we went in to sit down to talk to them about our wedding to the actual day. Everyone there was so kind and gracious. I could not have asked for anything better. The food was delicious. The cocktail hour, dinner and cake were all fabulous. I highly recommend Captain Bills.

Sent on 10/15/2015

My husband and I cannot thank the staff of Captain Bills enough for the wonderful food, beautiful upkeep and service that we experienced from the planning process until the wedding day. Donna was so helpful answering all of our questions and working with us during the whole setup. When we delivered our decorations, Kelly helped carry it up the hot stairs and went over all of the details to be sure we felt comfortable.

On the day of the wedding, we were treated like a king and queen. Our family and friends have continuously told us that the food was out of this world. They couldn't believe that it was catered food! Most brides and grooms do not get a chance to eat that day but Anne and Karen made sure that we ate during cocktail hour with a beautiful setup for our bridal party. They also reminded us to eat during dinner and we were so glad that we did!

The best testament to the quality of service can be seen when issues happen. That night I ripped my bussle and a groomsman split his pants. Anne played seamstress that night and helped us fix our wardrobe malfunctions. She is an exceptional part of this amazing team. I would recommend Captain Bills to any family member or friend!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/24/2015

The Bayview House at Captain Bill's was the perfect choice for our wedding. We were married on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and they offered the Sunday pricing still, whereas many other local venues were going to charge the full Saturday rates since it was a holiday. We received so many overwhelmingly amazing comments about our food - especially due to the fact that there was SO MUCH FOOD to be had. Our cocktail hour alone was enough to be like a dinner. We had 184 guests seated comfortably, and the staff were so amazing to work with given that I did not hire a wedding coordinator. I gave them everything in advance and they were able to execute it exactly like I had pictured. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. And even better, my parents were married in the same room 30 years ago, so it was a special memory.

Sent on 08/17/2015

joyce · Married on 04/25/2015

We just had our wedding at the Bayview House. The service was exceptional and the food was amazing! The staff who I corresponded with was so helpful and anything I needed they tried to help as best as possible. I highly recommend the Bayview House!!!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Melissa · Married on 04/05/2014

Great food, beautiful scenery and friendly staff!

Sent on 04/14/2014

I can't say enough about The Bayview House or Captain Bill's (the Bayview house is a big event space next to the restaurant Captain Bill's, where bigger weddings can take place). We had our wedding on September 7th. Donna was our event manager and she was AMAZING. We also dealt with Diane there numerous times and she was also very good. Karen, the maitre D's assistant was also really great. We had our ceremony on the deck of the restaurant, our cocktail hour in the harborview and waterview rooms (they take the wall down in between so it's one big room and guests also have access to the deck for the cocktail hour), and our reception was next door at the Bayview house which has a bridal suite and a tented back deck that can be used by guests during the reception. We received so many compliments on ALL of the food...there was not one complaint. Everything was hot and everything was delicous. Even the tasting was hard to choose from because everything was so delicious. We went with the free range chicken, sliced filet mignon and the horseradish salmon with cucumber salsa. We really did have multiple people tell us it was the best wedding they'd ever been t. The pass around apps were delicious during cocktail hour, and we also did jumbo shrimp (pass around) and a clam and oyster bar, along with an extra 1/2 hour added on to the cocktail hour. The price was VERY fair for everything offered and the cake was also included (you have to pay for upgrades like fondant or certain designs). There's really nothing bad I can say about my venue or the wedding day it was literally perfect.

Sent on 10/25/2013

This venue offers a great view with an expansive menu for a reasonable price.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Judith · Married on 05/18/2012

We had a 3-hour cocktail reception that was phenomenal. The food was fantastic and there was plenty of it for everyone. The staff was attentive and responsive and took great care of us and our guests. The cost of the cocktail reception versus a sit-down formal was really resonable and everyone told us that they really liked the idea of NOT having a formal, sit-down, assigned seating, reception. Everyone!

Captain Bill's is definitely the place, on the water, clean, comfortable and delicious!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Maribeth · Married on 05/05/2012

The Bayview House at Captain Bill's was the first venue I look at after I got engaged and I knew that nothing would compare. It's location on the bay was perfect for what my husband and I were looking for. The ballroom is huge and wide open with high ceilings and beautiful windows. The deck where cocktail hour is held is perfect, overlooking the docks and the bay. I've been to plenty of other events at Captain Bill's and the food is always amazing. I feel that food at weddings is usually pretty forgettable but not at Captain Bill's; we had people calling us for days raving about the unbelievable food! Our Maitre'd and bridal attendant were great, very attentive, always had our drinks full, asking if we needed anything, we couldn't have asked for better service. Peter McCarthy (co-owner) and his staff took wonderful care of us from the very beginning. They were able to work with me to make some changes and additions to their normal menu without a problem, whatever we wanted, we got. Peter assisted us in making menu decisions, and we were not disappointed! I would recommend the Bayview House at Captain Bill's to anyone who is looking for a beautiful waterfront location for their wedding reception; with unbelievably delicious food and impeccable service. The prices were extremely reasonable as well. We loved The Bayview House!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/18/2010

Captain Bill's is a beautiful waterfront catering hall/restaurant. We had perfect weather the day of our wedding, which allowed for cocktail hour to be outside on the deck and inside as well. We then walked over to the next building, the Bayview House, for the reception. The room can hold over 200 people, huge dance floor, another tented deck area over looking the Great South Bay in the back.
    The service is top of the line, the food is AMAZING and the best part is, its on the water for a great price. I would HIGHLY recommend Captain Bill's to every and anyone.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Jennifer · Married on 03/27/2010

The Bayview House was amazing. Staff was helpful and attentive. Food was out of this world. Loved being on the water.

Sent on 08/19/2010

Stephanie · Married on 10/17/2009

We loved the restaurant. In fact, my husband and I met and he proposed there so we felt we just had to have our wedding at The Bayview House. We were so happy we did. We could not have been happier with the management and staff at Captain Bills. They were so unbelievably attentive and on top of things. They did everything to make sure my husband and I were comfortable and had no worries on the day of our wedding...including making sure we sat and ate! We decided on a buffet and people were telling us the food was so good they went up for seconds and thirds.

Sent on 11/22/2009

Keri · Married on 05/24/2009

The Bayview House at Captain Bills was excellent. All the guests really enjoyed the food and the view of the pier. The staff was very attentive.

Sent on 06/19/2009

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2008

We have been to so many weddings since ours (less than a year ago) and people are still talking about how nice the place was and how good the food was. People have started going to their restaurant b/c of our wedding! Loved it!

Sent on 04/30/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 03/09/2013

My fiance and I are getting married here June 29 of this year and so far we have had nothing but a wonderful experience. Thank you Donna for all your help so far.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Alexandra · Married on 09/15/2012

FABULOUS!!! loved the staff. Donna was excellent and the service was fantastic! The Bridal attendant was awesome and made sure we got to eat and were taken care of :)

Sent on 08/20/2013