Capital City Club Reviews

13 | Montgomery, AL

13 Reviews for Capital City Club

Susan · Married on 08/12/2017

We did the ceremony in the lobby which was beautiful with decor by dana's and then the reception upstairs. Nicole was great every step and I loved tasting the food with meeting the chef ahead of time. The set up and the service staff were awesome taking care of so many details. It was magical and we got a rainbow off the balcony for good luck.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Logan · Married on 08/20/2016

This is a great place to have a wedding reception! We had a great experience! Nickole, Reginald, and staff was exceptional!! They were professional, friendly, and very helpful! The food was excellent! I can't say enough good things about it! Again, our event was awesome! It totally exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 07/20/2016
  • F

Kimberly · Married on 05/24/2014

Nickole and staff were very professional. Although there were circumstances that occurred beyond their control, they went overboard to accommodate our wedding and reception. They did an outstanding job and they come highly recommended.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Jordan · Married on 04/27/2014

Nicol was quiet yet kept always vigilant making sure things happened and on time. I do not think I would have survived with out her. She was a delight. Tim the bar tender set up the tables and moved them several times for me always with a smile... The entire staff was a joy to work with I could not have had a more pleasant experience thanks to the capitol city club for helping make my daughters wedding perfect.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Ashley · Married on 03/29/2014

Best service in the Capitol city!!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Rain · Married on 11/16/2013

This place is truly beautiful and Nickole truly takes pride in her work! Though I did not think the food for this venue was worth what it was priced, my overall experience was very commendable and professional. My only regret was bringing in an outside decorator for my wedding instead of allowing Nickole to work her magic! I'd recommend this venue to anyone seeking an event of class and sophistication.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Harry · Married on 06/22/2013

A great venue for wedding reception and private functions. Ms. Nickole Martel, Private Events director, was very responsive to our needs and was present during the event to supervise every little detail. Love the décor, Hors d'oeuvre, and Mint Julep station. The food was excellent and the ambiance was most enjoyable. All staff members were very competent and gracious to our guests and Ms. Martel personally assisted us in getting the wedding gown and other items to our vehicle at the end of the event. Thank you so much, Nickole! Kudos to everyone for making this wedding reception a most memorable event and highly recommend Capital City Club of Montgomery for all private events. Always ask for Nickole to help you arrange your events there.

Sent on 01/25/2014

The process of planning was so easy. The staff accommodated my unique menu requests and the food was amazing. Every guest was so pleased with the choices, the layout of the venue and the atmosphere that was created.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Ashlee · Married on 05/03/2014

Beautiful venue for our terrace wedding and Ballroom reception. The service staff was prompt and we had to flip our ceremony space to reception which took no time at all. The view was gorgeous, weather was perfect and food was delicious. Try the bacon station! Also Aaron Ganey, formerly with the Capital City Club does AMAZING flowers and decor. Check him out.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Eloise · Married on 03/15/2014

3.0

We are so happy we had our wedding reception at the Capital City Club! It is a beautiful venue with very friendly staff.

I would suggest 2 things for future wedding events:
    1. Have a final written checklist from the bride/wedding planner 1 week prior to the event to make sure that all staff knows what needs to be done and that all little details are addressed. (Ex. timeline, decorations, special guest requests (diet), taking down pictures or removing furniture)

2. Create back up plans with the bride for the event so that it goes smoothly and is comfortable for the guests. (Ex. let the guests into the 2nd room early, move on to the next food course to prevent bar overages, encourage guests to use the terraces...)

Thank you for everything you did for our event! Everyone was so kind and hospitable!

Sent on 05/27/2014

3.0

I am so happy we had our reception at the CCC in downtown Montgomery! The view is beautiful and the space is perfect for a large wedding. The food and service was great but I would recommend a wedding planner to make sure your bar tab is not going over and that guests are eating in a timely manner. We had a couple issues but I still recommend the CCC to any bride!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Shaunice · Married on 03/06/2010

3.0

There were times where we could not get in contact with Dennis, through email nor phone. However, everything was excellent the day of! Everyone wants the food again, the asian chicken and the london broil. The waiting staff was also very awesome!

Sent on 03/23/2010

Capital City Club's reply:

Shadakiss,
    SO glad you had a fabulous day! We do have an amazing Chef and amazing service staff! I also wanted to let you know that I am the new Private Event Director, and I apologize that you may have had trouble reaching Mr. Wingfield. Please feel to call me at any time - Nickole Martel

Kemeshia · Married on 06/16/2012

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

The staff that actually handled my event were very professional and responded to our needs in a timely manner. However, the catering manger, Dennis Wingfield, has a very nasty attitude and I will never deal with him again. There were several times that I asked questions and his response was "I'm not dealing with this today". I actually wanted to cancel my event with Capital City but the other event spaces had been taken for that date. I could never get a phone call, always an email which was a day or two late.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Capital City Club's reply:

Kemeshia,
    I thank you for choosing us to be a part of such a special time in your life! I do apologize that you had a bad experience with Mr. Wingfield. I do want to let you know that I am the new Private Event Director, and do not handle my brides in that fashion. Please feel free to call me at anytime!