Capital Ceremonies Reviews

Capital Ceremonies 1
Capital Ceremonies 2
Capital Ceremonies 3

Scott · Married on 04/04/2015

My wife and I choose A.C. after reviewing and speaking with a number of officiants. She came highly recommended by a friend who had attended a ceremony officiated by A.C., and she gave rave reviews. We were not disappointed. We wanted a ceremony that was traditional but at the same time incorporated our own ethnic traditions and had an obvious modern and forward touch. After the ceremony, all our guests commented on how personable, down to earth and emotional it was. Thanks to A.C., we had the ceremony of our dreams.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 12/12/2014

I had known for years that my colleague AC Warden was a gifted Celebrant, but it wasn’t until she agreed to officiate at my own wedding that I fully experienced the uniqueness of Who she is and the outstanding creative qualities she brings to this profession she truly loves. The weeks prior to Ruth’s and my wedding were filled with unexpected twists and quirks – but absolutely nothing caught AC off-guard… her instinct for problem solving before they happen is uncanny, and that is only ONE of the many talents she has tucked away in her enviable bag of tricks!

I could easily say heart-felt dittos to every word of praise in the reviews on this page. Instead, I will add one more quality I consider one of her finest: She opens her gifted inner-eye and finds the deepest essence of each couple she works with; then she paints that essence on a simple but perfectly expressed canvas of words that not only touches the two hearts whose joining she has designed, but also deeply moves those in attendance.

I have officiated and attended uncounted weddings in my own career as a Celebrant. But Ruth’s and my ceremony was spiritually more powerful in its elegant simplicity than any wedding I ever witnessed -- I believe the word is ‘Perfect.’

Thank you AC, colleague, friend et célébrant par excellence

Sarah and Ruth

Sent on 04/18/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I chose AC as our officiant because we were looking to create a unique yet traditional wedding ceremony. We loved the process of creating a ceremony with her as we went back in forth in drafts to create the perfect version. The readings that AC presented us with were heartfelt and perfect. The amount of work she put in to find the perfect pieces of text and turn our own words into a cohesive ceremony was astonishing. On our wedding day I 100% felt like she had captured us and our guests could not stop talking about what an emotional and beautiful ceremony we had. I would recommend Capital Ceremonies in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2014

Choosing AC as our wedding officiant is one of the best decisions we made in our planning process. From our very first meeting, AC was so warm and respectful, and truly listened and learned about us as a couple in order to create a beautiful ceremony. Correspondence was always prompt, and AC was extremely flexible in discussing what we wanted in the ceremony and making changes as needed. Our ceremony felt so deeply personalized and meaningful, and so many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed it. I feel that sometimes the importance of the ceremony gets lost in wedding planning, and working with AC is a fantastic way to ensure that your ceremony is beautiful and meaningful and really highlights the significance of your wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa. It was such a pleasure to work with you and to meet everyone in your family.

Carrie and Ethan · Married on 09/27/2014

AC was a wonderful officiant at our wedding. We especially loved how she helped us craft our ceremony to cater to our personalities and backgrounds. When we first met with her we only had vague ideas of what we wanted to do. She asked us many questions and gave ample suggestions as needed. She wrote the initial draft and let us make edits, big or small. She was also very flexible in accepting last minute changes. At both the rehearsal and the wedding day, she went over everything in detail and made sure everyone knew his or her role. She officiated flawlessly, and the ceremony was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. We highly recommend AC!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Ryan · Married on 08/09/2014

My wife and I used A.C. Warden as our officiant, and we would highly recommend her to anyone else.

My wife and I are both non-religious and thus wanted a secular ceremony. But we also both have some Jewish heritage, so we wanted to have a few Jewish customs in our ceremony. So we really wanted an officiant who was flexible and could design a ceremony around our specific needs. A.C. Warden fit the bill perfectly.

We met with Ms. Warden initially and just talked to her about us and about our ideas for our wedding. She came prepared with a binder full of pictures and ideas from other weddings she had done. It was nice because although we knew some aspects of what we wanted in our ceremony, the idea of designing the whole thing from scratch was daunting. She helped us to incorporate our ideas while creating a framework for the whole ceremony.

Most of the ceremonies I've attended where the officiant didn't know the couple getting married ahead of time have felt impersonal. A.C. Warden does a good job of making sure this is not the case with her. She gave both of us a questionnaire for us to fill out where we could talk about ourselves, our relationship, and our feelings for each other. She then incorporated a lot of what we said into the ceremony. It really made it feel very personal and did a good job of conveying what this marriage meant to us.

Leading up to the wedding, there was a back and forth process with the text of the ceremony. She sent us a draft that we could go over and make changes to depending on what we liked and didn't like. She had a number of good suggestions for readings that we could choose from (since we didn't have any particular ones in mind ahead of time).

During the wedding itself, Ms. Warden did an excellent job. She is a good speaker and was a nice calming presence for us.

Overall, I'd say if you an experienced officiant who can create a customized and personalized ceremony for you, than A.C. Warden is a great choice.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much. It was such a pleasure working with you and meeting your families and friends. I hope all your years together will be wonderful - I know there will be many.

We were fortunate to find AC through the Internet. We reached out to her; she promptly replied and we had an introductory call with her. From the first moment we spoke, she truly seemed like an honest, kind, and genuine person. We felt very at ease with her, and had a good feeling about her. We spoke to other celebrants and did not receive the same feeling from them as we did with AC. AC's fees were less than others and the payment methods were easy to accommodate. Throughout the entire process, AC was prompt whether by phone or in person. The services she provided were absolutely what we hoped to find. Being out of state, she handled everything for us. She sent us the required forms and once we returned them to her, she filed them at the courthouse for us. She conducted a prenuptial phone interview to discuss our spiritual backgrounds and ceremony expectations. From this conversation, she sent us suggested prayers, scriptures, and poems from which we could choose to include in the ceremony. She recommended and provided websites for several locations throughout the Washington, DC area where the ceremony could be held. AC is a very calm, unhurried, and articulate person..... the epitome of what a spiritual person is! Her smile and the way she looked at us during the ceremony demonstrated her sincere thoughts were with us and in the moment. The entire process went so smoothly we cannot thank her enough for helping us through the legalities and ceremonial preparations. It was truly gratifying to have her with us for the consecration of our wedding vows. We would absolutely recommend AC for weddings and/or any other spiritual events.

Sent on 07/21/2014

terry · Married on 06/28/2014

AC was very helpful during the several telephone interviews we had in order to get to know each other prior to our wedding. She sent many drafts of the ceremony until we were all happy with the results. We were especially pleased with her overall services in the planning and ceremony. We feel that we have found a new friend and would gladly recommend her to others.

Sent on 02/26/2015

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank yo so much J&T! I'll never forget you two and your nautical wedding.

Having AC as our celebrant was one of the best elements of our spectacular wedding. She put together a beautiful secular ceremony that was touching, meaningful, and centered on our relationship. We didn’t know what we wanted out of a ceremony when we found AC, but she helped craft something that was intimate and personal. She had us each fill out a long questionnaire about our relationship and interviewed several friends and family members for their views on our relationship. This was not only useful for incorporation into the ceremony, but it was a great way to bring our focus back to why we were getting married in the first place. With all of the details of planning a wedding, it’s easy to forget sometimes that the marriage is the most important part.

In our first meeting, AC sat and talked with us for a couple of hours to really get to know us and the kind of ceremony that would fit us. She helpfully made several suggestions for incorporating traditional and non-traditional rituals and elements in the ceremony that reflected our backgrounds and beliefs. She put together the core structure with several options and recommendations and guided us through the process of finalizing it. She helped us find ways to involve several family members in the ceremony, in addition to incorporating quotes from friends who had been interviewed. The result was a ceremony that told the story of us, that celebrated our marriage and not just the concept of marriage. Our friends and family still tell us that it was the most sincere, unique ceremony they have ever witnessed. We could not recommend AC more highly.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Ashley · Married on 02/15/2014

AC Warden married my now husband and I last week in our secular wedding ceremony. We knew that we did not want a religious ceremony, but more of a ceremony that united us together in front of our family and friends.

We had a meeting with her that went over our general idea and thoughts about what we wanted and she did just that. She was so helpful and attentive to our wants and needs for our ceremony. Everyone commented about how lovely the ceremony was and special is was. My husband and I have a 3 year old daughter that we wanted to incorporate in the wedding also and she did a fabulous job at doing that.

I would highly recommend AC and Capital Ceremonies for any needs. She is not biased to anything and is only focused on making the couple happy and their wedding day a special one.

Sent on 02/22/2014

A.C. Warden was a pleasure to work with. Throughout the planning of our small wedding, it was very clear that she sincerely wanted to make our day special for us. The day of the wedding she was calm, very professional, and well-spoken, and we received many positive compliments on her performance from our guests. We would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant in the D.C. Metro area.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Brittany · Married on 11/09/2013

AC Warden of Capital Ceremonies wrote a beautiful ceremony for our wedding. It was perfect and everyone complimented us on how beautifully written it was and fitting for us! AC really took the time to get to know us in our initial meeting and worked closely with us to review the ceremony and make changes. AC was such a pleasure to work with you and made sure our ceremony was special and went off without a hitch. I would 100% recommend Capital Ceremonies!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany. It was such a pleasure to work with you and John and to meet your family and friends. I loved that little stage we all were on. I wish you all the best for the next year too.

AC was the perfect choice for our wedding. We wanted a non-religious ceremony that wouldn't alienate our more religious guests, and she helped to craft and deliver a ceremony that went above and beyond our expectations. She was helpful, organized and responsive during the planning process and worked with our other vendors and coordinators to make sure the ceremony went off flawlessly. The level of warmth and personalization she brought to our ceremony also made it really stand out. We were getting compliments about AC all night from our guests, and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Maria · Married on 09/28/2013

A.C. was wonderful to work with. She helped us infuse several Greek traditions into our wedding and really managed to capture who we were and what was important to us during the ceremony. She is a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Martha · Married on 09/26/2013

We found AC through one of our friends who had recently got married. Since my partner and I decided to get married, we contacted AC at Capitol Ceremonies. AC was so generous and helpful in the planning and we could not have asked for a better person/officiant to do our wedding. She took our ideas and mixed her thoughts and words into a beautiful ceremony. Even the part about hunting season! Our families were able to attend our small ceremony and they loved everything. AC you are and always will be a blessing to us. Thank you for your kind words, your wisdom and your faith in all of us!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Kathleen · Married on 09/01/2013

Thank you A.C. for providing Jim and I with a very special ceremony. Many of our guests commented on what a beautiful ceremony it was and how perfectly it expressed who we are. A.C. encouraged us to make the ceremony our own and to incorporate people that were important to us. We had two beautiful readings and “Batman” walked me down the aisle!

A.C. was an absolute pleasure to work with. The outdoor ceremony was light-hearted and we all had a good laugh when a car drove by and shouted, “Kiss her!” A.C. did not miss a beat and said, “We’ll get to that in a minute!” It was a fabulous day.

Sent on 11/23/2013

AC was an absolute pleasure to work with, and really created a ceremony that suited my husband and I. Prior to the wedding, we met and discussed our relationship, our families, and the type of ceremony we were interested in. During that conversation, we also discussed the "unity" part of the ceremony, and helped us come up with a very unique idea, which we loved! After which, AC sent us questionnaires to fill in asking more questions about our relationship.

She then put together the first draft, which was absolutely wonderful. There were certain parts where even after reading it 3 or 4 times, I still got teary-eyed. After a few updates (bridal party names, choosing readings), she sent over the final draft.

The feedback we got from guests was how awesome, and "us" the ceremony was. It was a great combination of serious and funny, which I credit completely to AC. AC was responsive, kind, and really did a great job.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Katherine · Married on 05/25/2013

First off, everyone LOVED our ceremony. We only got great feedback from our guests and all thought it was perfect and personal for us. She was a joy to work with and got to know us with a meeting. She asked good questions and really wanted to make our day personal. AC was quick when we were emailing back and forth with corrections and new ideas. The rehearsal was fun while she made sure everyone knew where they had to be. She asked the right questions and made sure everything was discussed before hand. She also was flexible since I had all my bridesmaids arrive late, with even one not showing up due to traffic. But she waited and ran through the ceremony again so the girls could be prepared. The day of she was great, speaking clearly and smiled a lot She also dealt with mother nature, as it was windy and the mike cut out a few times, raising her voice where needed and then adjusting. We had a Jewish ceremony with certain traditions and she was knowledgeable about what we needed and made sure it was perfect for us. Everyone told us how they loved it and we agree. If I could, I would get married again and make sure to use her! Great officiant and wonderful woman to work with!!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Katherine! And so quick. You should be enjoying your honeymoon. It was really fun to work with you and Mitch and your families and wedding party. So glad everyone was under the chuppa with us to keep it from blowing over.

Tim · Married on 05/18/2013

A.C. Warden officiated our Washington, DC wedding in May and did an absolutely fantastic job! All of our guests left raving about how beautiful, and most importantly personal, our ceremony was. She took the time to customize our ceremony – interviewing our friends, incorporating surveys that we took, and listening to what we wanted to include. She has a lot of experience officiating weddings of all types and it shows through in her ability to deliver! She was able to keep our large wedding party and guests in order throughout the ceremony. We would highly recommend A.C. to anyone and everyone planning a wedding particularly if you are looking for a highly personal ceremony.

Sent on 07/06/2013

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you two and to meet your lovely families and friends.

Lisa · Married on 04/13/2013

After our wedding, the thing that people raved the most about was our unique ceremony. AC really worked with us to create something that was special and unique just for us. She took our story and told it to our guests in a way that sweet, charming and had a touch of humor. She also managed to help us incorporate our missing loved ones into our ceremony in meaningful way. I would highly recommend AC to anyone. At the end of the day the most important part of the wedding should be the ceremony and AC really helps make it special. I also love that we have a copy of our ceremony to keep and treasure. Thanks so much AC!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa! It was great to work with you too and to meet all your family and friends in such a lovely setting. I hope both you and Shaun are enjoying all your adventures as "Personal Penguins".

Shirley · Married on 04/07/2013

We used Capital Ceremonies, and specifically AC Warden, as our wedding officiant and were extremely happy with that decision.

Selecting an officiant, when one does not have a friend or family member licensed in DC to perform that task, is a tricky thing. On the one hand, the officiant is like other professional vendors, providing important services in support of your big event. On the other hand, the officiant is an important partner in crafting and performing one of the central (and most personal) events in your life. AC Warden was wonderful and recognizing and performing these two roles.

AC was extremely thoughtful and flexible with us when writing our ceremony. We ultimately wrote most of the ceremony text ourselves, but AC provided great examples to guide us, and provided excellent feedback on the content, timing, and flow. She remained supportive of us the entire time and always open to performing whatever ceremony we wanted.

The day before the wedding, we gathered with the wedding party and AC to do a run-through of the wedding, and AC was super helpful in preparing us for the ceremony. Having been in many weddings, she knows a lot of best practices (while always remaining open to the couple's preferences).

The ceremony itself was beautiful. Many of our guests commented and what an excellent job AC did in performing the ceremony. She managed to be both in command while not being the center of attention.

AC Warden was a great officiant for us, and will be for you too.

Sent on 04/28/2013

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Wow. How kind! Thank you both so much for the wonderful words and for allowing me to be your Celebrant. I really enjoyed working with you and meeting your family and friends. I wish you both all the best in your marriage - which is where all the hard work actually happens.

vicki · Married on 12/28/2012

AC provided a professional yet personal service for us when we renewed our wedding vows in DC over christmas. The vows that she wrote for us were perfect for us and suited our ceremony perfectly. she was very polite, friendly and above all helped us relax. We would strongly recommend this lady for your wedding or ceremony. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/03/2013
  • Chauncia

Chauncia · Married on 12/22/2012

A.C. Warden acted as the Celebrant for our recent wedding. My husband and I were very pleased with the work she put into making sure our ceremony was one never to forget. As soon as we retained her services, she provided us with a ceremony that fit us perfectly. We stayed in contact for months perfecting each portion. She arrived on time for rehearsal dinner and was even flexable with my bridal party as they were runnng a little late. On the day of the wedding, again she was on time and even took a few minutes to visit me to assure me the ceremony will be great. I would definitely recommend her for anyone who is looking for a celebrant who will consider them as individuals, and their individual backgrounds in reference to faith.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Maria · Married on 11/03/2012

We could not have picked a better officiant for our wedding. The ceremony A.C. wrote was beautiful and incorporated all the aspects we wanted into it. She responded to all our questions promptly and incorporated our feedback as we went through the different drafts of our ceremony. The questions she asked at our initial meeting to get to know me and my (now) husband were perfect and she really took our responses to heart.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Alison · Married on 10/13/2012

AC helped us create the most beautiful wedding ceremony! She worked with us through several drafts to cultivate the exact emotions we were looking for -- love, warmth, inclusion, humor. She suggested a diverse number of readings, recommended elements of the ceremony that spoke to both our backgrounds (we went with a memorial candle lighting, ring blessing from our guests, and wine sharing -- all of which were so moving!), and she helped us organize the ceremony to have the right flow.

On the day, she executed the ceremony perfectly and with such grace. Every single guest commented after about how much they loved being a part of something so special. We couldn't agree more! The ceremony was so memorable -- still tearing up days later!

Thank you so much, AC!